Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Reunion (Part I)

• Start Topic

Sure, it's like if someone was supposed to take Ariel to Kensington Gardens but instead took her to Kensington & Allegheny in Philly.

I'm so glad I didn't have a mouthful of coffee when I read that!

wouldn't you love an episode where the limo breaks down at K&A and the women have to get out and walk? Dressed like they were for the reunion, they'd have no trouble getting picked up...I mean a ride,...well,.. you know what i mean.

Edited by AnitaKnight
  • Love 3

I think Carole came out on top last night, by far.  I would also just like to point out that the only reason Carole was hurling any accusations towards Lu was in response to Lu's constant barrage of insults and accusations against her both last night and (moreso) over social media the last few months. There's NO way Carole would have brought up her sleeping with the 21 year old guy in T&C if Lu hadn't been trying age-shame her over Adam (and "help" shame... and family shame... and girl-code shame--pick a shame LU!)

So yea while Carole could have ostensibly taken the "high road" and not gone there with her.... ehhh eff that.  The high road is boring and lame!

Sorry … her look is just sad and desperate.  

No need to apologize - I didn't style her!  LOL.  She's still gorgeous.  

I wish someone would have asked LuAnn if she thought her niece dating "the help" was problematic.

LuAnn truly became unraveled tonight and I enjoyed seeing it.  The Countess was "très uncool."   LOL

OH that is good. Somebody should tweet that to her!

I think Luann is worried about losing her apple again.  She was really, really off her game tonight.  Chest all blotchy, flushed face, stammering, back pedaling, contradicting herself all over the place.  She is usually pretty composed, well spoken, well prepared and straightforward during the reunions.  

She was a hot mess, in all senses of the word.  Really makes her little talking head in the last episode where she was all "Oh you can tell when Carole is lying because her chest gets red and splotchy" even sadder and more pathetic. Please bitch. We saw your "tells" all over our screens last night with your cue card fanning. 

I agree. I'm glad she changed her hairstyle since she's been wearing the same medium length black hair hairstyle for the past 8 years. But her face looked haggard, her eyes had bags and there were parenthesis around her mouth, to say the least.

I do like her hair shorter, but I have noticed (in photos) that the shorter hair does emphasize her parenthesis.  Well, at least we know she's keeping it natural and not doing Juvaderm or whatever filler they use to erase those.

• Love 9

It seems like Luann really wanted to bang Adam, to the point of hiring him, but couldn't because it would be inappropriate to date her niece's ex.  So she's jealous of Carole.  I get that... I just wish she hadn't let herself get all flustered last night.  I've gone from love to hate to love with Luann, but she's always been on her game, it was a little sad to see her get all worked over about a 25 yr old boy (who I don't even think is that cute!)

I love this entire cast and I wouldn't lose any of them!  They are a pretty fun mix.  Surprising to go through an entire hour and not hear barely a peep of out of Ramona.  

• Love 4

Also, I don't think Carole was trying to slut-shame Luann. I think she was calling Luann out for being a hypocrite. She can fuck married men, but it's somehow an abomination that Carole is sleeping with Luann's niece's ex? Adam is not a minor and his age is irrelevant. I find it really unsettling that Luann was acting like Carole was taking advantage of a helpless young man when he's knocking on 30.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 19

Great analysis, Rahul:

Madonna was outside of Sonja's show because she wasn't inside watching Sonja's fashion show. Madonna might have been outside the show at an actual fashion week show. Madonna might have been outside of Sonja's show at her concert at Madison Square Garden. Madonna might have been outside of Sonja's show at her town house in London.

Hey! I posted that theory. But I love this because it's like some brilliant delusional geometry proof that I can see Sonja really and truly believing. Everything and everyone who is not inside at Sonja's show is considered outside. Madonna was not inside at Sonja's show. Madonna was outside Sonja's show. So were George and Amal. So was I. And so were the rest of the people who post here. Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 9

To me, it almost seemed like they (Carole and Heather) had toasted to taking down Luann at the reunion. Carole was really on the slut-shaming warpath with her allegations of bathroom trysts and stating as a fact that Luann had sex with Alastair the house manager and the man that she brought back and sent home. Luann admitted to flirting and making out, but said there was no sex (not that she's never been known to lie).

I thought Carole was better than the "Oh yeah?!, well you did ....." type of fighting.  I guess I gave her too much credit.

It shut Lu Ann down didn't it, and made it her look foolish and the hypocrite she has always been.  Besides, it was "Class with the Countess" that was hell bent on firing the first shots.  Some times you got to fight fire with fire.

Carole and Heather just confirmed what Bethenny and Ramona have been insinuating about LuAnn for years now.

Edited by ifoundit
  • Love 6

The idea of losing the possibility of dating a guy who had been at least somewhat interested in me because he publicly took up with an older, somewhat attractive woman, and they were now practically living together and I had to watch it all play out on TV because of my aunt, would rub me very wrong. I would feel somewhat betrayed by that aunt, even though I had no actual claim to the guy, just an emotional one. Family is supposed to be a place of safety and nurture, and I'd like to think my hookup-but-maybe-something/someday-more was safe cooking in my aunt's kitchen.

IF this was how the niece felt, I understand LuAnn's indignance about it. I'm sure the niece will never publicly claim she felt this way, cause, let's face it, that's a pretty pathetic position to be in.

I agree with this.  And Lu is being very sloppy in how she's handling it.

Which is also a little funny because young Madonna was fond of going to The Roxy and Danceteria. I'm sure she went to Studio 54, but she was more often found at the former clubs.

China Club, too.  The old China Club.  Anybody remember that in the mid 80s? 

Sonja and JFK Jr.:  I believe she did party with him at one time or another.  NYC is a small place if you're running in certain circles.  Whether she was doing lines in a bathroom with him, seated in the same VIP section/room at a club or went out in a huge group to Nathan's Famous after a charity event - to me that would qualify as partying with.  That said, she should shut up about it.  I'm sure she lived a big life. If she did party with John, she doesn't need to prove it to anyone.  She's just looking desperate for attention.

• Love 7

I know the woman think of the reunion as their prom and feel they must bring it. I wish they would just calm down.

Lu and Kristen usually look great in clothes all season then bam! These outfits happen.

My thoughts exactly. I don't know what this show does to models, but they come in looking effortless and stunning, and they end up looking like clowns, ex. Kristin T., Cynthia B.

Stop letting these horrible people style you, ladies!

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 7

Also, I don't think Carole was trying to slut-shame Luann. I think she was calling Luann out for being a hypocrite. She can fuck married men, but it's somehow an abomination that Carole is sleeping with Luann's niece's ex? Adam is not a minor and his age is irrelevant. I find it really unsettling that Luann was acting like Carole was taking advantage of a helpless young man when he's knocking on 30.

I think everyone was trying to shame everyone. Seriously, who on those sofas wasn't trying hard to shame somebody about something?  Moaner, for now. 

Carole should have stuck to shaming Luann, though.  Shaming Jason just shows how far up Beth's ass she is.  That was desperate and pathetic. Next season, the dynamics between Carole, Heather and Bethenny will be spectacular.  As much as I sometimes think I'm too old for this backbiting-ballbusting-cougar bullshit, I look forward to seeing how that plays out.  I hope Luann goes because the drama between the above three will be quite enough for me.

• Love 3

If Adam had been a guest, he would have been free to socialize and meet single women, and LuAnn would have put her niece's tenuous relationship in jeopardy. I think she thought he'd be busy and "safe" if relegated to the kitchen, and the fact that Carole got to him anyway really threw Lu for a loop. I really don't think the normally classist LuAnn is being classist when she says "don't date the help." I think it's code--not to be confused with "girl code"--for, "bitch, he was in my house, I didn't present him to you as single, or a viable dating option, there are complicated family dynamics at play, so BTFU."

But that removes Adam's agency. He's an adult who's free to date whomever he wants.  LuAnn was his employer, not his mother.  Even if she were his mother, let's not forget that he's almost 30 years old, so she still couldn't tell him who to socialize with.  I understand being protective over her niece's heart because I'm an aunt, too, but once a relationship is over, it's time to move on.  The person you were interested in/had a casual thing with doesn't have to stick around so you can play what if or maybe.  I would understand LuAnn's side more if she said that she was concerned for Nicole's feelings because she was under the assumption that they still had something going on.  But that isn't Carol's fault, that would be Adam's fault.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 15

Someone, (idk who, as they all seemed to yelling at each other ) asked Lu why didn't you nip it the bud that weekend? That is a great question, Carole was not shy about her flirting with Adam. Knowing that it might turn into more (these are adults) , why didn't she pull Carole off to the side and say "FYI, Nicole and Adam are still sort of hooking up, I just want you to be aware, so things don't get awkward. " then of course Carole could fake shock and say "omg! Lu what are talking about? It's just innocent flirting."

Circular HW argument averted.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 14

So, just caught this on my favorite website...

Ok, Luann... You slept with Adam, your niece doesn't know it, you're jealous and afraid that Adam could tell it once to Carole. I get it ^_^

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 6

A few things on this Carole/Adam/LuAnn thing (because it did dominate the end of part one): 

1. I think that LuAnn was playing fast and loose with the "Adam and Nicole even went on a trip together!" claim. Hearing that makes it sound as though the two went alone on a trip together. In truth, Adam, Nicole, and I think about four or five other people who are part of the farm share cooperative in Central America (the country escapes me right now. I want to say Nicaragua, but I could be wrong) all traveled together to Central America last October.

2. "Nothing is going on" often times means very different things to some men. I can buy that Adam and Nicole were probably still in that zone where they'd officially broken up nearly a year before, but they would sleep with each other from time to time, when the mood struck. Whether Nicole was expecting that to morph back into a serious and long-term boyfriend-girlfriend relationship, I don't know. But for Adam he could very well have compartmentalized it as "nothing" (i.e., occasional sex with an ex isn't serious ergo "nothing") and he wouldn't be incorrect. 

3. LuAnn did herself no good by trying to contradict what even Andy was pointing out--LuAnn remained friends with Carole all throughout filming and even after filming. The idea that LuAnn was playing nice up until April because of I don't even know what doesn't make much sense. When LuAnn is not entralled with someone, she does not hide it. She doesn't save it or put on a face for the camera; she's open with it. Cases in point: How she dealt with Alex in Morocco and much of season four; how eager she was to pull a Gotcha! in Morocco over Ramona's marriage as well as the snarky/sneaky wine tasting event hosted by Jacques when they were dating. LuAnn has never been shy about who she likes and doesn't like, so I'm not buying that she faked a friendship with Carole throughout the season while secretly despising her. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 14

Someone, (idk who, as they all seemed to yelling at each other ) asked Lu why didn't you nip it the bud that weekend? That is a great question, Carole was not shy about her flirting with Adam. Knowing that it might turn into more (these are adults) , why didn't she pull Carole off to the side and say "FYI, Nicole and Adam are still sort of hooking up, I just want you to be aware, so things don't get awkward. " then of course Carole could fake shock and say "omg! Lu what are talking about? It's just innocent flirting."

Circular HW argument averted.

I believe that was Heather that pointed out that LuAnn could/should said something at her house that weekend.

• Love 5

I like Bethenny's new bob haircut, but HATE the way it was styled on the Reunion.  Or should I say 'unstyled'?   Wish she would have had either some soft curls OR flat ironed. One or the other.   Was it supposed to be the "beach wave" look?   If so, that's fine, but for a more casual atmosphere.  Also did NOT like her boring black and white pantsuit deal.  Thought she looked a hot mess.

Carole wins the reunion.  Fashion and personality both considered. 

Thanks for listening to my rantings.

• Love 7

Okay I have to say it. I get that Luann totally fucked that whole shit up but honestly I completely SEE what’s happening there. I really believe, truthfully and honestly that she is basically upset for her niece. Pissed for her niece and even pissed herself because she has REASONS and even though some may think that Luann hasn’t done too well NOT blowing her nieces spot I TRULY believe that there is so much information about just how “OVER” the relationship was with Adam and her niece. There were parts of her rant where you see Lu looking at Carole while others were having their comments and you see Lu saying “you really don’t know what I’m saying?” It’s like she’s giving her a look and wanting so desperately for Carol to “get it” without Luann having to actually spell it out for her. I think Lu bounces back and forth with her reasons because when she realizes she’s shared probably more than what her niece would like but can’t help her own anger she tries to shift to a different reason so they don’t get too deep into the subject of her niece and details surrounding her niece and Adam. She shared even more information about her nieces business during the reunion when she mentioned Adam spending the night with her niece at her house.

I think Luann would love to be able to dump dates, times, hook ups, and all that jazz on Carole’s lap but honestly how can you really do that? It’s a lose lose and Luann knows it but she also can’t help feeling how she feels about the callousness of the situation. You see her throw the in tidbits about her niece and she’s looking at Carole and she wants desperately for Carole to understand what she’s saying and what it’s really about and when Carole doesn’t get it and says shit like who cares and shit like they weren’t together pushing her own agenda which is she doesn’t want own up to the fact that a part of that situation is indeed fucked up you can see Luann get really pissed. Plus you can obviously see that if nothing else,  it’s a fucking no brainer that Lu isn’t jumping for joy or patting Caroles back over her “cougar conquest”  asking to sit around and braid pussy hair because HELLO he's her nieces EX. Awwwwwkkkkkwwwaarrddddd! That in itself should be enough for Carole to understand some of Lu's abrasiveness in certain conversations or circumstances that involve the fucking topic. Duh!

I really don’t appreciates Carole dismissiveness over the matter that it is Lu’s niece. I mean I know Lu has handled all this poorly but I don’t doubt for one second that there is some definite weight behind her claims about her niece and Adam. Add the disgust I feel when I see Carole make certain claims so certainly about the “timing” when she knows damn well she can’t be sure. Really? Carole sounds like the classic chick that doesn’t want to believe that either she got played with half truths or B. doesn’t want to admit that she behaved a bit sketchy herself with regards to how her and Adam first started.

I still can’t get over how people don’t like to be honest and hide by technicalities. Luann does say that she can’t control who’s doing what with who but I don’t see why they demand she be okay with it. Lu doesn’t like the situation point blank period. Nothings going to change her mind over it and to be honest it’s a sketchy enough situation where Lu feeling are justified. Carole wants to highlight that Lu’s being wishy washy etc. etc. Has a problem with her and Adam. Okay, so? The part that aggravates me is how affected and defensive Carole seems to be about what the countess thinks. Who fucking cares. You wanna fuck her ex’s niece go right ahead but then don’t be all attacking and trying to call Lu out on shit cause you pissed that she ain’t pleased with your new sperm toy. You don’t need her approval so what the fuck is all the drama about? When you enter into something as sensitive as this and friends and family are involved and you want to giggle and throw caution to the wind just for some dick (cause lets be honest that’s where her head was at) then don’t be playing the victim when there’s  a backlash.  I think Lu’s whole “Girl code” schtick had more to do with this situation that it did with what happened at T&C but needed something else to attach to other than the drama with Adam cause associating Girl Code with the whole T&C never really made sense.

I could buy that LuAnn was upset if she had shown/expressed it prior to T&C but she did not. According to Carole's blog, LuAnn's niece was already seeing someone else (serious relationship)  when she first got involved with Adam. Also, Bethenny claims, in her blog, that LuAnn is really upset about what happened in T&C and not upset about Adam/niece/Carole.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 16

But that removes Adam's agency. He's an adult who's free to date whomever he wants.  LuAnn was his employer, not his mother.  Even if she were his mother, let's not forget that he's almost 30 years old, so she still couldn't tell him who to socialize with.  I understand being protective over her niece's heart because I'm an aunt, too, but once a relationship is over, it's time to move on.  The person you were interested in/had a casual thing with doesn't have to stick around so you can play what if or maybe.  I would understand LuAnn's side more if she said that she was concerned for Nicole's feelings because she was under the assumption that they still had something going on.  But that isn't Carol's fault, that would be Adam's fault.

This! All day. All night.

Nicole, he's just not that into you.

LuAnn, Adam is a grown man and can date who he wants.

Get the fuck over it, ladies.

• Love 17

You know Carole was all you “shouldn’t treat my designer, "family like" friend as your personal closet for shoots” That season she was all over Lu for every damn thing. Oh sure, THAT’S overstepping boundaries and that was something somewhat BUSINESS related but you hook up with a friends nieces ex without much reflection or concern and that’s supposed to be no biggie? Hmmmmm.  Hypocrite…huh… ?

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 16

I cannot believe that Brian picked Reunion week to go on vacation.  It would be interesting to see what others thought of this one, but it was shocking because the guy who filled in for him seems to have no knowledge of the Carole/John Kennedy connection.  He had to Google them to find out the back story. He also kept talking about how Heather and Beth made peace "rather early on in the season", when of course that is not true.  It's frustrating when someone doing a recap doesn't appear to actually watch the show he is recapping. 

• Love 11

Yea, it was a rare reunion miss for Lu. She usually owns the reunion stage. But then again, she is usually up against someone like Ramona or Alex, which is an entirely different game. She was a mess tonight.

And this is why I do believe there is some substance to Lu's position on the matter. Hey the whole too young, should this, shouldn’t that, is completely not my cup of tea but I’ve explained why I think she does that but she looked very upset. She doesn’t get upset and I don’t think it’s because she was trying to keep her lies straight I think it’s because her hands are tied and she can’t clearly explain what she’s up in arms about without sharing way too many personal details about her niece so she’s stuck with the bullshit arguments and you can see she’s uncomfortable with it. She’s well versed and articulate even off the cuff and for the most part she’s able to be effortless because she quick to be matter of fact about this that and the other without missing a beat but with her niece. She has to embellish her feelings about dating younger men so that it’s not that much about her niece. I feel like Lu’s also trying to take a bullet by trying to make it about Lu judging Carole instead of what I truly believe is Lu being upset because she knows way more details about the part Carole doesn’t want to believe and saw first hand the pain Carole and Adams pairing did to her niece.  No woman wants the ex knowing they were in there aunt or moms lap crying buckets, or that they were hurt and in pain over the new girlfriend and obviously Lu can’t explain that. That’s why you see Lu trying to get Carol to understand without her having to spell it out. Lu’s hands are tied, she knows her niece doesn’t want to give the new girl the satisfaction of knowing that the old girlfriend is home crying her eyes out and in all honesty everyone knows that the new girl isn't exactly required to care so I mean… Lu being so distraught, to me, made it more clear that its more about straight emotion and pain for her niece than anything else. I don’t know but that’s what I got out of their interaction. I also saw how purposely obtuse Carole was being during that whole exchange anyway.

• Love 12

Her biggest problem is that she has no answer as to why she seemed to have no real problem with this during the season. She kept insisting that she and Carole were not still friendly, and even Andy was pointing out that they clearly were. It was so obvious that she created this drama at the end, and she had nothing convincing to prove otherwise.

Okay, I'm so confused. Luann NOT ONCE seemed to be okay with it. So I don't understand all this they were two peas in a pod all season idea that's always thrown around. Just because she wasn't trying to claw the womans eyes out of her head every chance she got didn't mean she didn't have underlying feelings she was trying and apparently succeeding in keeping in check at least for a little while. I'm completely aware of this little thing that happens to a lot of people where they can keep emotions at bay for a while but depending on how the subject is treated and how often it is inserted into your life.. Well I mean I’m not surprised her resolve cracked here and there which eventually opened the door to heated confrontations.

• Love 12

I loved the look on Lu's face. She knew she was so busted. Of course she made the toast. Even Beth believed it. Of course, after Beth acted like she didn't care, then Lu was like, oh well no big deal.

I don't believe that Beth didn't care. She seems very committed in acting above the pettiness. That is, unless she thinks it's worthy of a full out scream fest.

I did think it was funny when Beth said she was upset when she saw Lu and Kelly getting mic'd outside of Boutique, Andy quickly moved on, lol. Yes Andy we all believe she just didn't know about Kelly till she walked in.

I'm sure Bethenny was upset that LuAnn made a toast about bringing her down, but Bethenny knows Lu is a duplicitous snake and called her out on it. B is very good at reading people.

While the toast reveal may have surprised her, Bethenny seemed to be over it pretty quickly as nothing came of it. Lu doesn't have the smarts or support to take B down. Besides, she has more pressing things to worry about with her ugly divorce still pending with no end in sight.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching LuAnn flopping all over that couch like a sweaty fish. She did a terrible job of trying to stay relevent this season. Go back to singing, Lu.

Oh God, please no. At least not if we're subjected to hearing her sing as RHONYC viewers. Edited by Rahul
  • Love 8

I'm sure Bethenny was upset that LuAnn made a toast about bringing her down, but Bethenny Knows Lu is a duplicitous snake and called her out on it. B is very good at reading people. While the toast reveal may have surprised her, I'm sure Bethenny will be guarded around Lu in the future and be careful not to put herself in a situation where LuAnn could orchestrate a disaster. Besides, she has more pressing things to worry about with her ugly divorce still pending with no end in sight.

Oh God, please no. At least not if were subjected to hearing her sing as RHONYC viewers.

It will be interesting to see how Beth and Lu get along next season.

With Heather and Kristen probably not coming back, Lu is once again odd girl out.

Beth, imo has never really trusted Lu. Ramona and Lu have the nasty relationship they have. Sonja as we saw when Lu was demoted will ignore Lu if it doesn't benefit her. There's Dorinda but imo she wants to stay on Beth good side it seems.

So, Lu might have a rough season.

• Love 6

I cannot believe that Brian picked Reunion week to go on vacation.  It would be interesting to see what others thought of this one, but it was shocking because the guy who filled in for him seems to have no knowledge of the Carole/John Kennedy connection.  He had to Google them to find out the back story. He also kept talking about how Heather and Beth made peace "rather early on in the season", when of course that is not true.  It's frustrating when someone doing a recap doesn't appear to actually watch the show he is recapping. 

It is obvious that this recapper does not watch the show except or when he has to fill for Brian! His recaps suck. LOL

• Love 6

If the ratings drop like a rock next week I will understand.  I had my back to the TV for a big part of the show and for the most part the chatter coming from Bethenny and Heather made it almost impossible to understand Sonja, which on a good day takes effort, there is just no excuse for the constant chatter.

To me, Carole needs to just stop talking about who Luann sleeps with and then claim she thought she and Luann were friends.  More importantly maybe Carole needs to listen to what Nicole is claiming regarding Adam.  Carole is annoying because she does not seem to allow anyone to have any prior relationship with someone she cares about.

I am not impressed with Adam.  He was Nicole's friend/lover, he took full advantage of her relationship with Luann to get some work and ultimately exposure on the show.  Now Carole is saying (and it is difficult to sort out because Bethenny and Heather won't shut up) that Luann should have said something during the weekend she met Adam, that she thought Luann was after him.  Low blows.  Carole made quite a big deal of hiding it from Luann and telling Kristen and Heather on the QT and then claiming Luann wasn't mad except when she was at Dorinda's and they had a discussion.  How mad and how long was Luann suppose to be mad?  She sure seemed to not tolerate Adam and Carole well at the finale.

Carole has no way of knowing if Adam is telling the truth about any number of things-just because Carole chooses to believe him doesn't mean the others have to believe him in spite of claims to the contrary. 

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Even Carole herself knew that this was a touchy issue as well as the others because Kristen and Heather were asking right away if Luann knew. I mean if it’s all above board then what’s with all the minor shock and “uh-oh’s” in everyone’s demeanor when this information first came out? Come on, it’s pretty simple. Had Carole showed some ounce of respect when disclosing the information and not felt the need to always discount Luann’s side of the matter in the beginning it may have played out a whole lot differently.

• Love 8

I really like Kristen's look for the reunion. I am trying to like Heather's, because I know what she was going for-kind of a funky J-Lo look.  It doesn't quite land, but it is an effort.  I just don't think Heather pulls off the hip, urban looks and language she uses. It just falls flat to me.  

I think Bethany is dressed way too casual, which is strange because I usually like her style most of all.  Her clothes are usually above reproach to me, so I would have loved to see her in some very sleek NY look.  Oh well.

I am on LuAnn's side with Adam.  I am one of those people who thinks that you shouldn't date or mess around with anyone if it might cause issues.  And I have to admit, I would feel 'some kind of way' if my aunt, who I was super close with and did things with almost daily, had a friend come over and the friend started dating my ex/current hook-up.  I would think, "damn, is he the only dude in the world, couldn't you have found someone else?"   Then again, I think there is an ample supply of eligible men out there, so I don't believe in fighting over a few (although I see if done all the time).  

At any rate, I wish Carole would just admit it is not an ideal situation and would say she can see why Nicole and LuAnn might get their feathers ruffled.  Instead she acts like they are crazy and like she doesn't understand why anyone would be hurt or upset over it.  Really Carole?  You can't see why this might be a bad thing?  But, if they stand the test of time, which they are (then again so are Slade and Gretchen) then I guess they prove there is really something there and maybe it would have been a mistake to miss out on it.

I think Carole looks ridiculous with him, and I am sure many people think she is his mom when they go out.  I also think older men with young women look ridiculous, too.  I know love conquers all and all that, but proving it is love and not just lust after a young body is an uphill battle.  To me it first comes across as a pathetic old person trying to hold onto their youth or prove something.  

Edited by mothmonsterman
  • Love 12

Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb and defend LuAnn for a minute here, or at least offer a different perspective. Please don't throw too many tomatoes. I was never, ever a LuAnn fan, and I despised her during S4, what with the way she treated Alex and acted in Morrocco. I just see her side on this one, and, full disclosure: I hate Carole, so that might have something to do with it, but here goes:

I'm not much older than Nicole--the niece--and I remember having many a guy in my life whom I wished was my boyfriend--maybe it was an ex, maybe it was a guy I met, but we weren't an official couple, just "talking" (by "talking," I mean we'd speak on the phone, but we'd also talk the way Lu and Sonja like to talk). If he started seeing someone else or lost interest, the talking would cease, and I'd be utterly heartbroken for a few weeks, until I found someone else with whom to talk.

The idea of losing the possibility of dating a guy who had been at least somewhat interested in me because he publicly took up with an older, somewhat attractive woman, and they were now practically living together and I had to watch it all play out on TV because of my aunt, would rub me very wrong. I would feel somewhat betrayed by that aunt, even though I had no actual claim to the guy, just an emotional one. Family is supposed to be a place of safety and nurture, and I'd like to think my hookup-but-maybe-something/someday-more was safe cooking in my aunt's kitchen.

IF this was how the niece felt, I understand LuAnn's indignance about it. I'm sure the niece will never publicly claim she felt this way, cause, let's face it, that's a pretty pathetic position to be in. So maybe that accounts for some of Luann's stammering--she's trying not to reveal too much personal stuff about the niece, while still getting the story out. I think the whole "don't date the help" really translates to the idea that Adam was not at LuAnn's party as a guest. If Adam had been a guest, he would have been free to socialize and meet single women, and LuAnn would have put her niece's tenuous relationship in jeopardy. I think she thought he'd be busy and "safe" if relegated to the kitchen, and the fact that Carole got to him anyway really threw Lu for a loop. I really don't think the normally classist LuAnn is being classist when she says "don't date the help." I think it's code--not to be confused with "girl code"--for, "bitch, he was in my house, I didn't present him to you as single, or a viable dating option, there are complicated family dynamics at play, so BTFU."

I think Lu is sloppy in how she's handling it, and she looks petty, but I get it. At first she didn't make a big deal, because she didn't think there was a big deal--maybe there'd just be a few quiet shags, which seems to be the behavior LuAnn engages in when dealing with men of this age. Once LuAnn realized they were full-blown relationship status, she didn't immediately go crazy on Carole, but she's human. I know I--being human--have let people say/do things to me that I didn't realize until later weren't ok. And then I'd be furious. And I wouldn't always let it go, just because it's the classier way. It's kind of like on old school RHNJ, when Danielle told Teresa to "pay attention puh-lease" and Teresa flipped a table at her. The remark didn't just happen, with Teresa flipping a table in response. Teresa began her reply to Danielle pretty calmly and cogently ("I am paying attention. Some things have got to be true other than you being arrested and changing your name"), and Teresa quickly whipped herself up into a frenzy with no further assistance from Danielle, which culminated in Teresa throwing the table. Luann was like a season-long, simmering Teresa.

No one's cause is advanced by hashing it out to this level though. For those who stated Nicole could do better, and that Adam and his greasy bun and lack of manners toward greeting Dorinda, vocal fry, and being photographed sucking on a cigarette are gross, I'm with you. Luann tweeted Andy that she's dropping it. I guess that remains to be seen.

Sorry for the novel. I think I took too much Adderall earlier.

PERFECT! I'm so happy I'm not the only one that sees this as the most likely explanation.

• Love 10

Luann's niece has posted a picture on Twitter with Lisa V and Luann.  It says:

"New castmate on Vanderpump Rules?"

Probably just a joke, since Lisa V and the Beverly Hills gang were filming their show in the Hampton's and had lunch with Lu, but maybe this has been about trying to get her on TV? 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 7

Luann must have that reunion dress in many colors.

On her twitter pic's there is one of her wearing it with Ramona, it looks like an event for Ramona's book. It looks coral, someone posted a pic of Lu wearing it in a talking head, it was purplish. Then of course that awful green. The worst part is the arm bands.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4

Good grief, this isn't about "real housewives" at all anymore - it's about beyond-desperate women trying to get laid by as many strangers as possible. Yawn.

I agree.  I don't give a damn about Adam or that he's dating Carole.  Luann is a hypocrite, and always has been, especially about her hookups.

Maybe they need more married Real HOUSEWIVES of NY so we don't have to go through this adolescent bullshit about who is dating whom and whose feelings are hurt and who is being a hypocrite about banging which guys.  Kristin and Heather are the only actual Housewives, and I'm hearing one or both might be out after this season.  Or maybe Andy should just rename the show, "The Real Cougars of NY" so I'm not even tempted to watch.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 13

So....does anyone think that Sonja has actually gone "south" (or "South Miami" as Bethenny put it)?   Or, was she just trying to convince everyone she's sexually enlightened?

I loved the looks on Ramona's face when Sonja was being questioned about this.  She was either totally put off, or thinking that Sonja is an effin' liar-face.

• Love 7

And this is why I do believe there is some substance to Lu's position on the matter. Hey the whole too young, should this, shouldn’t that, is completely not my cup of tea but I’ve explained why I think she does that but she looked very upset. She doesn’t get upset and I don’t think it’s because she was trying to keep her lies straight I think it’s because her hands are tied and she can’t clearly explain what she’s up in arms about without sharing way too many personal details about her niece so she’s stuck with the bullshit arguments and you can see she’s uncomfortable with it. She’s well versed and articulate even off the cuff and for the most part she’s able to be effortless because she quick to be matter of fact about this that and the other without missing a beat but with her niece. She has to embellish her feelings about dating younger men so that it’s not that much about her niece. I feel like Lu’s also trying to take a bullet by trying to make it about Lu judging Carole instead of what I truly believe is Lu being upset because she knows way more details about the part Carole doesn’t want to believe and saw first hand the pain Carole and Adams pairing did to her niece.  No woman wants the ex knowing they were in there aunt or moms lap crying buckets, or that they were hurt and in pain over the new girlfriend and obviously Lu can’t explain that. That’s why you see Lu trying to get Carol to understand without her having to spell it out. Lu’s hands are tied, she knows her niece doesn’t want to give the new girl the satisfaction of knowing that the old girlfriend is home crying her eyes out and in all honesty everyone knows that the new girl isn't exactly required to care so I mean… Lu being so distraught, to me, made it more clear that its more about straight emotion and pain for her niece than anything else. I don’t know but that’s what I got out of their interaction. I also saw how purposely obtuse Carole was being during that whole exchange anyway.

But this all ignores exactly what motorcitymom mentions below (and what I mentioned on the previous page, which is (bolded in mcm's post below):

They've had 3 conversations about it. The first one when Carole told her about it at Dorinda's party. It ended with Lu telling Carole "don't worry, we'll get through this just fine". She said in her TH that her relationship with Carole was important. She also agreed at that time that Adam and Nicole had been broken up "for a while". She said nothing about them still seeing each other.

The 2nd conversation was after the Boxing deal. On that occasion Lu was more vocal, saying it was strange because he use to date her niece, and he was "Sonja young". I felt like she did a really good job of being clear about the fact that it was a little bit uncomfortable, but again, she ended it with taking Carole's hand and saying their friendship was more important and this deal wasn't big enough to get in the way of it. Carole said she was glad to hear that because the friendship was important to her as well.  

Both of those instances happened in the first 5 or 6 episodes. After that we saw them together often and having fun.  They decided to not travel to AC with the rest of the gals in the limo, but came alone, and when they showed up there, looked like fast friends. They sat together at dinner and were happy and close. We saw them time after time through the season, and not a word was said by Lu that she had any lingering issues with the Carole/Adam situation.

The last conversation was the finale. Most of Lu's issues had to do with the whole barging in the room deal. She hadn't mentioned Adam in months. But even in that conversation, she said to Carole that the friendship was extremely important to her and they would work through it all. No mention to Carole about the niece being curled up in a fetal position.  In her TH, she said something different; that she didn't know if she could still be friends with her. Funny how she said one thing to Carole's face, and something different to the camera. 

The problem for Lu is that she has been on the show for 7 years. We have seen her in a variety of situations, and we know that when she feels slighted, she doesn't shy away from confronting the issue or the person, even if the person is a good friend. Last season was a great example. She and Sonja were close, but when she felt like Sonja was doing her wrong she was enraged. She made her feelings clear even though she cared greatly about Sonja. Now we are supposed to believe there is more to all of this but that she just kept quiet? If there is really more to the story, why didn't she go to Carole off camera and speak to her about it? She is not claiming that she did. She is denying that she was friendly with Carole all season, when we saw with our own eyes that she was. She is trying to make us think we saw something we didn't see, and as Andy pointed out last night, it's just not the case. Lu was nervous because she needed a storyline and this is what she is doing to get one. I think it is backfiring in a huge way. I think what we saw last night was Lu finding herself in a situation that she hasn't found herself in before and she didn't know how to get out of it. 

Right. LuAnn isn't changing her MO for anyone. If she truly had problems with Carole, why would have held onto them during filming as well as the several months after filming? It's simply not LuAnn's MO, and it hasn't been for the entire she's been on this show.

Luann's niece has posted a picture on Twitter with Lisa V and Luann.  It says:

"New castmate on Vanderpump Rules?"

Probably just a joke, since Lisa V and the Beverly Hills gang were filming their show in the Hampton's and had lunch with Lu, but maybe this has been about trying to get her on TV? 

This wouldn't be Nicole's first go-round on a Bravo show, if she's not playing around. She was on the first season of Work of Art, Bravo's art competition series that had only two or three seasons.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 8

So....does anyone think that Sonja has actually gone "south" (or "South Miami" as Bethenny put it)?   Or, was she just trying to convince everyone she's sexually enlightened?

I loved the looks on Ramona's face when Sonja was being questioned about this.  She was either totally put off, or thinking that Sonja is an effin' liar-face.

I think Sonja will do anyone when she is drunk enough, we have seen her paw at and try to mount LuAnn several times over the last few years.LOL

I think if Ramona finds out Sonja has dipped into the lady pond, she will keep Sonja at a distance, she will fear that someone might think she and Sonja have done more than "spooning" when they share a bed on these trips. 

• Love 12

I think Sonja will do anyone when she is drunk enough, we have seen her paw at and try to mount LuAnn several times over the last few years.LOL

I think if Ramona finds out Sonja has dipped into the lady pond, she will keep Sonja at a distance, she will fear that someone might think she and Sonja have done more than "spooning" when they share a bed on these trips. 

I agree.  I think that, for as sophisticated and enlightened Ramona would like everyone to believe she is, Ramona is really very traditional, strait-laced, and maybe a little uptight when it comes down to sexual adventures and escapades (and, dare I say it, maybe a tad homophobic, as well).

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 15

DId you check out the body language on the Bethenney side of the couch.  Carole was enrapt and following every word coming out of Bethenney's mouth.  Heather was pulled slight away from Carole.  I wouldn't be surprised if Heather didn't come back for another season.  Her brand received very little exposure and her bestie has moved on to someone who gets a bigger slice of the Real Housewives pie.   

As far as the toast to bring Bethenney down.  It's no biggie.  They were all worried and pledging to present a solid front to the Bethenney steamroller coming to town. 

Carole has only been truly upset with two things while being a Housewife.  Aviva saying she had a ghostwriter and Adam.  No matter how many times Carole says she just having fun and they are keeping it light, I'd say she's in deep.  And the cookbook thing backs that up.  I wonder if that is how she is planning to fulfill her third required book?  And I bet Bethenney helped cook up the idea.   The thing I find is that Lu has never been subtle.  She speaks the obvious, usually twice, brays when she laughs, and is not quick with a smart reply.  Carole is measured, witty, good with words, but, frankly, every bit as nasty as anyone else.  She just couches it in the sly barb.   They all gossip about each other.  And they know they do.  Stop tattling.  No one has the high ground here.

Carole - Lu doesn't like your relationship with Adam.  Fine.  Not everyone has to.  Just keep it out of her face and don't poke the beast.  And while you're at it, maybe stick up for Heather one in awhile with your new bestie.

• Love 11

Hahahaha! What cracks me up is how nonchalant and matter-of-fact LuAnn is about the whole thing. She's like, "Yeah, whenever Sonja's had too much to drink, she tries to have sex with me [/shoulder shrug]".

As far as the toast to bring Bethenney down.  It's no biggie.  They were all worried and pledging to present a solid front to the Bethenney steamroller coming to town.

ITA. Some of the closest friends I've made were people I couldn't stand when I first met them. And they've said the same of me when we've talked about our first impressions of each other.

• Love 6

But this all ignores exactly what motorcitymom mentions below (and what I mentioned on the previous page, which is (bolded in mcm's post below):

Right. LuAnn isn't changing her MO for anyone. If she truly had problems with Carole, why would have held onto them during filming as well as the several months after filming? It's simply not LuAnn's MO, and it hasn't been for the entire she's been on this show.

This wouldn't Nicole's first go-round on a Bravo show if she's not playing around. She was on the first season of Work of Art, Bravo's art competition series that had only two or three seasons.

To me she didn't seem to maneuver through those first few conversations all easy breezy beautiful but yes I agree she was trying to be optimistic about getting out on the other side okay had CAROL not treated the subject of his connection to her and her niece as a throw away piece of information every time the subject came up. I see nothing wrong with Lu sticking that topic in a drawer and getting on with the getting on when interacting with Carole but that doesn't mean that that particular issue is wrapped up in a nice bow.

As for Lu being quick to address issues head on this was about her niece. I can see where she would be stilted, unsure, messy, etc. etc. etc. when speaking/not speaking for someone else. Especially since I'm sure her niece didn't ask her to get into anything or bring up anything to Carole on her behalf. Lu's clumsiness, I feel has to do with the fact that she wasn't just speaking on her own behalf. Plus do we really need all this to be nice, neat and follow a perfect path of logic? Even Carole, in her blog finally expresses the understanding surrounding something like this. Exploring it, relating to it and finally respecting it as a whole. Now what she doesn't touch base on is how she didn't apply that insight and demeanor when it was all happening in real time.

Carole also contributed to the whole mess by trying to simply sweep it under the rug mentality by obviously putting out the vibe that any emotional discomfort or disapproval would not be entertained and would be waved away as childish and unimportant. I'm not surprised it wasn't dealt with right away and hashed out and discussed. Not once did Carole seem like she would be receptive to any negative feedback or honest admissions of how Lu felt over the matter. Carole was so invested in downplaying the sketchiness of it all and her stance from the beginning was all "it's not a big deal" I wouldn't want to try and have a heart to heart with someone who has already decided any conflicting opinion to hers on the matter was moot and invalid. 

I do believe Lu was hurt overall by it and can't believe Carole thinks otherwise. Sure, I'm all ready to believe Lu had other bones to pick with Carole but I don't see why it's hard to believe that family issues can and does cause a significant amount of distress. Call Lu out on this that or the other but I don't find it hard at all to believe that what was driving Lu on the whole Carole/Adam matter was emotion over her niece even if  some weird filming, twitter, T&C, picture opts, smiles, playing nice "timelines" don't add up.

• Love 5

My take on Bethanny calling Jason 8-9 times in a row to talk to Bri.  Didn't Carole say it was court mandated? To me that means that Bethany gets to talk to her daughter a couple times a day.  In an effort to make Bethany look bad to the courts and more importantly, her daughter, I think that Jason, is purposely not answering the phone and Bethany knows he has to answer the phone so she just keeps calling and calling and calling.  I'd do the same thing.  

I don't think it had anything to do with her being stalker like and continually calling him.  

• Love 15