Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Reunion (Part I)

• Start Topic

Luann's dress is a thing of epic ugly.  What is it made of, leftover 80s wrapping paper?  And were' gonna have to look at it for three weeks!

Ugh. It's terrible. I wonder if it's from her collection? I hated what Heather had on as well. Carole looks gorgeous.

• Love 3

Carole looks good in the clip - hair and makeup - and while I like the dress, I've always thought women who are flat chested don't look good in strapless dresses - so I don't think that was the best choice for her. Honestly, I don't care for any of the reunion dresses except maybe Dorinda's - need to see her stand up. New York women should have the best style - so I'm disappointed. Luann's dress is particularly tacky. I miss disco too Countess, but the 70's were a long time ago.

And on another note of one of my pet peeves - if Andy can't control the talking over one another, please put subtitles on the bottom of the screen. Last night the noise level at Ramona's party was so loud, it was hard to make out everything that was said. Apparently putting subtitles is too much effort as they rarely do it.

Edited by parrotlover
  • Love 4

Brief reunion clip...most of the gals look tacky, and is Sonja's look right out of her TH's?

I noticed that about Sonja as well. Same hair and dress as some of her TH's. Dorinda had tweeted the day before the reunion that she was getting ready to do yet more TH interviews. Maybe Sonja did some of hers the same day. It sounds like they were retooling and editing this thing right up until the very last minute. I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist, so I will just say that I think Heather let them know she wasn't coming back around the reunion time (when it was announced in the press) and they just basically cut her out of most of the last 4 episodes. There was certainly some storyline left for her with the Dorinda and Lu conflicts but we saw none of it.

• Love 13

Rewatching that clip, I noticed Luann nudge Ramona when she said something about 'insensitive' and whisper something along the lines of 'let her say it was insensitive', I'm guessing so Luann could jump in again. I don't think any of this really bothers her and she just wanted to come out strong at the reunion so she gets asked back.

• Love 3

Rewatching that clip, I noticed Luann nudge Ramona when she said something about 'insensitive' and whisper something along the lines of 'let her say it was insensitive', I'm guessing so Luann could jump in again. I don't think any of this really bothers her and she just wanted to come out strong at the reunion so she gets asked back.

I just re-watched it and it looked/sounded like after Ramona said that Sonja's comment was "insensitive" that LuAnn nudged her and said "Shhh, don't say that",  meaning, don't agree with Carole. I don't think LuAnn liked that Ramona was agreeing with Carole at all. LOL

• Love 3

www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/videos

Part I:
Tuesday, August 18 at 9PM, There are some conflicting accounts of how the ladies reacted to the return of Bethenny. Fortunately, as they take a look back at her outbursts from the season, BETHENNY is able to reflect on how she handled herself with the new women this season. As the ladies remember their Atlantic City adventures, tensions resurface as Heather is unforgiving about being left in Sonja's foyer. However, it's Sonja who is on high defense as the women once again take issue with her partying ways. Then, from boyfriends to girl codes, the royal rumble continues between Luann and Carole.

Part II:
Luann and Carole attempt to work through their unresolved issues. Then, it's all about the newest Housewife, Dorinda, including her touchy-feely boyfriend and her unpredictable temper. Right from the start, temperatures reach boiling levels as both Kristen and Heather rehash their fiery conflicts with Dorinda. Eventually the fun gets going when all of the SINGLE LADIES talk men, dating and life as cougars. The "New Ramona" extends an apology to Andy for her behavior on last year's reunion and reveals heartbreaking details about her marriage. However, between stolen dresses and false accusations, the rest of the women still question if she is a new Ramona.

Part III:
Sonja is once again on the defense as all of the ladies question her business sense and the facts surrounding her international lifestyle brand. Heather and BETHENNY voice the loudest concerns about how her clothing line is unfolding. Things get emotional when Carole and Dorinda discuss the common bond of widowhood that continues to link the two together. Then, it's one final trip down memory lane as the women look back at the Turks and Caicos trip - the cock-blocks, skinny-dipping and naked men.

Edited by nowcheckthat
  • Love 3

A little off topic but did anyone see that pervert George's wife has a show on Oxygen channel called Boss Nails?  He was only on for the last 5 minutes TG. It's actually pretty good, and they showcased her Treasure Chest nails that she did on SonJa.

• Love 1

And on another note of one of my pet peeves - if Andy can't control the talking over one another, please put subtitles on the bottom of the screen. Last night the noise level at Ramona's party was so loud, it was hard to make out everything that was said. Apparently putting subtitles is too much effort as they rarely do it.

I always watch with closed captioning turned on.  There is no other way at the reunions because Andy really cannot control all the bullshit.

• Love 8

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season/episode-720/videos?clip=2890211

A clip from the reunion titled "Does Sonja Believe Her Own BS?"

Luann's dress is hurtful on the verge of offensive. 

Holy Crap.  Sonja is so delusional...or is she?  Is she clever enough to just be "playing a part" to keep herself on the show?  Ugh, like I said in the episode thread I just want to punch her in the nose.  

I would have liked Heather (and I love her to death) to not pipe up and just let Carole and Sonja word it out.  I adored the way Bethenny (and I'm not always crazy about her) sat there contemplating what the hell Sonja was saying and then chiming in.

And Ramona?  Way to Defend Sonja and throw her under the bus at the same time.

And YES! YES! LuAnn's dress was HIDEOUS!!!  Horrible.

• Love 5

I guess the Reunion minions who selected the array of dresses for the ladies to choose from were in a metallic mood this time?  There was so much shiny on those couches the glare made my eyes hurt.

• Love 7

Loved Carole:  "NO ONE called him John John."  

And unless there is photographic evidence to the contrary, I wouldn't wonder that Sonja considers "partying" with JFK Jr. to be having drinks in the bar when he walked in with some friends.  

Edited by Carolina Girl
  • Love 14

Loved Carole:  "NO ONE called him John John."  

And unless there is photographic evidence to the contrary, I wouldn't wonder that Sonja considers "partying" with JFK Jr. to be having drinks in the bar when he walked in with some friends.  

And there sits Sonja, nodding her head "yes", then immediately calls him "John John" again! LOL She really hears only what she wants to hear! LOL

• Love 10

I caught a WWHL a few weeks ago, with Andy Cohen sounding hoarse and looking depleted. He apologized for his voice and appearance and explained he had just finished taping the NYC reunion, and it had been unbelievable. He shook his head forlornly as he made that comment, too.

• Love 3

I'm totally on Carole's side on the JFK issue. She married his cousin, spent a lot of time with him and his wife and knew him as well as anyone. No one who knew him past the age of 3 called him John-John. What grown man would want to be called by that childish name? I read a lot of news about him when he was adult and there were never any photos of him/his wife out "partying". Nor were there photos of his sister, Caroline, or his mother out partying. They were very private people. Sonja is full of crap, as always. I'll never forget what Jackie said years ago-if you make a mess of raising your children, nothing else you do in life matters. That's not a quote but the jist of what she said. I believe that also. 

• Love 13

Thank you for posting that.

I couldn't stop laughing.

I loved Heather in the orange jumpsuit/gangster/prison outfit but almost died laughing when they showed LuAnn, sitting spread eagle smoking!

• Love 10
(edited)

Soooooooooo now Sonja claims Madonna called after her fashion show? Did I really hear that?

Full disclosure, I have a super vivid imagination so I have what my husband calls "guest stars" in my dreams: a character in it is "interpretated" by Stallone or whomever I saw on tv the day before etc. but even I know when I wake up it was just a dream : I can't fly, I didn't save a child from a vampire, I didn't really had lunch with my cousin who happens to have the face of Heidi Klum and Madonna hasn't called me after my fashion show.

Edited by Pollock
  • Love 8

I laughed when Bethenny asked if Sonja believed her own BS, and Sonja replied yes. You can't make this shit up. Sonja probably saw John in passing at a charity event once many moons ago and rewrites history to fit her narrative.

Madonna was at Sonja's fashion show? LMAO.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 8

Holy schmoly, those two reunion clips. I am so in.

Just mind shattering how Sonja sticks to the 'John-John' illusion  -  arguing with someone who knew him intimately well and married into the family. And this person died so very tragically  - yet Sonja will not back down when Carole calmly corrects her. Unbelievable. 

Agreed on LuAnn's dress. Amazing how cheap can scream on TV. It just has to be from her HSN line. 

The left side of the couch is looking quite sane in contrast to crazy, slutty, nutty, and drunky on the right side. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 6

Oh my gawd. Have you all seen this ? It made top comment over at vulture this week.

Dying over Heather in the D.O.C. orange jumpsuit & smoky morning voiced, spread eagled, LuAnn in her Turks bathrobe. ! BWAHHHH !

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 12

Oh my gawd. Have you all seen this ? It made top comment over at vulture this week.

Dying over Heather in the D.O.C. orange jumpsuit & smoky morning voiced, spread eagled, LuAnn in her Turks bathrobe. ! BWAHHHH !

That was awesome!! thanks for sharing.

• Love 2

Carole is looking much better than usual in that clip. The others--not so much.

Yeah, I agree. I do like Bethenny's look from what I can see of it - the sparkly pants are cute. Not sure what Luann was going for...yikes! Maybe the color is more subdued in person. It looks like the shimmery mermaid costume my toddler goddaughter wears.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 6

Wirewrap, thank for posting the cartoon video. ( I also posted today on upcoming thread before I saw yours.) It really is hilarious.

Agreed, the DOC gangsta jumpsuit on Heather & LuAnns pose sent me over the edge !

On another note, on this board and over on Vulture, looks like so many were outraged at LuAnn's no children remark to Carole.

Given that the reunion was filmed before the finale aired, wonder if Andy will bring it up. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 5

Brief reunion clip...most of the gals look tacky, and is Sonja's look right out of her TH's?

Sonja's dress is from her collection, it's listed as "sold out" there so presumably Sonja hasn't returned it.

Luanne's doesn't seem to be from her collection, which shows some taste.  Because that is one ugly dress, color that looks good on no one. 

Am I dreaming this, or did sometime a HW say that they didn't really get to choose what they wear for the reunion, but that production had a series of options?  If so, this seems to show they are gunning for Luanne, but being nice to Sonja (who I doubt would remember it's a marketing idea to wear your own clothing line).

• Love 8

Joyce on RHOBH said the HWs are supposed to bring three options, and then the producers pick one out of the three for the HW to wear. Presumably to avoid two HWs wearing overtly similar clothes. So I think Luann must have brought that dress of her own accord.

• Love 2

Sonja's dress is from her collection, it's listed as "sold out" there so presumably Sonja hasn't returned it.

Luanne's doesn't seem to be from her collection, which shows some taste.  Because that is one ugly dress, color that looks good on no one. 

Am I dreaming this, or did sometime a HW say that they didn't really get to choose what they wear for the reunion, but that production had a series of options?  If so, this seems to show they are gunning for Luanne, but being nice to Sonja (who I doubt would remember it's a marketing idea to wear your own clothing line).

Joyce from RHOBH said that during the reunion of her season.

Re:  LuAnn's reunion dress in shiny green.

Noticed she also wore in it a few  THeads in the finale  - in shiny lavender.

Conclusion: it is nasty and cheap looking in two colors. Voila!

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 6

Sonja probably had one of her current interns call after the show and say she was Madonna so she'll technically be correct, a Madonna called her, just not the real one

I'd sooner believe that the Madonna (yes, the mother of Jesus Christ) called before I'd believe HRH Madonna Queen of Pop nee Ciccone called Sonja Tremont Morgan of the She by Sheree Morgans.

• Love 10

In the Bravo clip on who they're all wearing, LuAnn says the dress is from her collection.  My guess is that's partly true.  Without her standing up so you can see the whole thing (and my eyes thank her for that), it appears to be identical in cut to the purple dress she's worn in her THs and she also wore recently on WWHL.  That's not a bad-looking dress--especially for the price, which is ridiculously low.  What I think she did was have it made in a "luxe" fabric for the reunion.  So she's not really promoting her collection, since that dress isn't available in that color or fabric.  And she's not really promoting her normally good taste, because . . . that fabric.  Maybe she had one of those mini-strokes at the fabric store.

• Love 7