Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Don't Be All, Like, Uncool

• Start Topic

I probably would have been more on Heather's side in this fight if I hadn't just watched her gleefully slutshame Luann on WWHL.  She's a haggard old crone.  Self-righteous, indignant... Bethenny was right to reject her right off the bat.  The bitch is annoying.

ETA: I am not a Bethenny fan by any means but I think her gut instincts about people tend to be spot on.  Luann is a snake.  Heather is pushy and annoying.  Kristen is useless.  Etc etc.

Co-sign to all. 

On WWHL Heather divulged that Ro and Lu's guys were from Scotland.  Andy asked his producer to find out, during the commercial break, if the show would air in Scotland. Heather said, "Oh, that's not good, that's not good."  All the while smiling that creepy smile.

After the commercial Andy, Carole and Heather (especially Heather) were super excited to announce that this episode will air there in 6 months.  Heather, still smiling like she's going to eat ya and double fist pumping shouted, "YES!"  Apparently they're all super stoked for the dude's wife to find out?

I mean, I hate cheaters as much as the next gal, but sheesh...don't be so excited about the havoc this might cause within a family or families when they find out that on this husbands' boys trip to Turks and Caicos, he humped a Real Housewife.  How humiliating for that wife.  But Heather is digging it.

• Love 22
(edited)

It might be fun to watch Lu's Twitter feed tonight, since both Heather and Carole are on WWHL. When Carole was on in week 5 or 6, after they had started their Twitter War, Lu was tweeting like crazy to Andy and Bravo begging for the WWHL phone number to call in because she said Carole wasn't telling the whole story. I would assume she will tweet up a storm tonight because I would imagine they are not going to be kind to her.

motor - copy and paste anything good. ;)

Man down (naked).  Where were Heather's hashtags this episode?  It's like an arcade game for me...shoot every hashtag she blurts out, dang, missed one.  Mister, I'll take the small Turtle Time one, up there in the corner. 

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 2
Co-sign to all.

On WWHL Heather divulged that Ro and Lu's guys were from Scotland.  Andy asked his producer to find out, during the commercial break, if the show would air in Scotland. Heather said, "Oh, that's not good, that's not good."  All the while smiling that creepy smile.

After the commercial Andy, Carole and Heather (especially Heather) were super excited to announce that this episode will air there in 6 months.  Heather, still smiling like she's going to eat ya and double fist pumping shouted, "YES!"  Apparently they're all super stoked for the dude's wife to find a

Given that they didn't show their faces, their names or even give a timeframe for when the HW were in T&C, I doubt this is somehow going to out so random Scottish dude; but even if it did that is on him for picking up some chicks on vacation.
  • Love 19
(edited)

Here is how the jean auction is going just a few minutes ago!

Yummie Jeans Decorated by Kristen Taekman, Real Housewive...

$102.50
18 Bids6d 5h

Yummie Jeans Decorated by Luann de Lesseps, Real Housewiv...

$75.00
10 Bids6d 5h

Yummie Jeans Decorated by Ramona Singer, Real Housewives ...

$87.00
35 Bids6d 6h

Yummie Jeans Decorated by Bethenny Frankel, Real Housewiv...

$610.00
36 Bids6d 5h

Yummie Jeans Decorated by Heather Thomson, Real Housewive...

$600.00
24 Bids6d 5h

Yummie Jeans Decorated by Carole Radziwill, Real Housewiv...

$405.00
20 Bids6d 5h

Yummie Jeans Decorated by Dorinda Medley, Real Housewives...

$107.50
22 Bids6d 5h

Yummie Jeans Decorated by Sonja Morgan, Real Housewives o...

$152.50

That puts Bethenny with a slight lead over Heather, with Carole in 3rd place. Middle of the pack is Sonja with Dorinda then Kristen behind her. At the bottom is LuAnn with Ramona doing a bit, slight bit, better! LOL

ETA, LuAnn and Ramona are the only 2 HWs that did not tweet about it all, everyone else tweeted a link to the jeans, they decorated and to the charity with Kristen tweeting a link to all of them.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 7
(edited)

Co-sign to all. 

On WWHL Heather divulged that Ro and Lu's guys were from Scotland.  Andy asked his producer to find out, during the commercial break, if the show would air in Scotland. Heather said, "Oh, that's not good, that's not good."  All the while smiling that creepy smile.

After the commercial Andy, Carole and Heather (especially Heather) were super excited to announce that this episode will air there in 6 months.  Heather, still smiling like she's going to eat ya and double fist pumping shouted, "YES!"  Apparently they're all super stoked for the dude's wife to find out?

I mean, I hate cheaters as much as the next gal, but sheesh...don't be so excited about the havoc this might cause within a family or families when they find out that on this husbands' boys trip to Turks and Caicos, he humped a Real Housewife.  How humiliating for that wife.  But Heather is digging it.

I am having a hard time with this because from Kristen's account the men arrived in a the vehicle driven my the chatty house manager.  So LuAnn got her man out sometime in the predawn and just how did he get home?  The other man apparently came downstairs and was comfortable enough to have a beverage.  Just how did he get away from the house before Heather and Carole could chat with him?  Chatty house manager also knew of Ramona taking the man upstairs--would he as the house manager not have a duty to secure the other guests?  House manager had a conversation with Ramona. 

More and more it seems the logical person to go to for what happened would have been the house manager who was awake and chatting away with Kristen while Carole and Heather were on their rampage.  So I think some of this was manufactured. 

Interesting recap-this woman is usually pretty tough but here it is:  http://www.jewishjournal.com/keepingitreal/item/real_housewives_of_new_york_week_15_recap

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5

Given that they didn't show their faces, their names or even give a timeframe for when the HW were in T&C, I doubt this is somehow going to out so random Scottish dude; but even if it did that is on him for picking up some chicks on vacation.

Man oh man. I was just going to say the same thing! Scotland's a pretty big country. I think Scottish Nude Dude's identity is safe. And if it isn't, it'll be no one's fault but his own. Those guys knew what they were doing. There's nothing discreet or private about partying and hooking up with ladies filming a reality show. And I doubt he'd waltz around the house the next morning drinking juice and taking his time leaving if he cared about his wife or his privacy. And the reverse is true for LuAnn - if she wants to screw pirates and Scotsmen - go for it, and no one cares. But if she wants it kept private (girl code?) while the cameras are rolling, she's an idiot, and has no one else to blame but herself.

• Love 13

From what I saw, Carole did care that the man was in the room and she asked more questions of Dorinda than Heather did.  She also questioned Lu more than Heather did.

I guess my definition of 'hysterical' is different from other people.  I didn't see anyone who I would term 'hysterical'.  Same goes for 'accosted' but Dorinda, the pure, dramatizes everything.  I also didn't see either Heather or Carole naked in front of a window.  Just sayin.......

Tearing around the house.  Barging into rooms. Crying. Throwing back curtains.  Interrogation before 10a.m.  Wild, wild gesticulation. More crying.  "I come down here on a nice trip with my friends and you bring a stranger that you don't even know and you've been drinking and your judgment's impaired and you let them sleep right across from me and Carole...and...and...." More crying = hysterics.

I had to watch that scene again to see if Carole was asking most of the questions.  Not so much.  Heather is totally leading the charge.  And Carole is following (per usual).  By the time they hit Lu's room, they might as well be synchronized swimming for as much as Carole is repeating and gesticulating exactly like Heather.  Hilarious. That part, in Lu's room is now my all time favorite example of how far Carole is up Heather's butt.

• Love 23

Man oh man. I was just going to say the same thing! Scotland's a pretty big country. I think Scottish Nude Dude's identity is safe. And if it isn't, it'll be no one's fault but his own. Those guys knew what they were doing. There's nothing discreet or private about partying and hooking up with ladies filming a reality show. And I doubt he'd waltz around the house the next morning drinking juice and taking his time leaving if he cared about his wife or his privacy. And the reverse is true for LuAnn - if she wants to screw pirates and Scotsmen - go for it, and no one cares. But if she wants it kept private (girl code?) while the cameras are rolling, she's an idiot, and has no one else to blame but herself.

OK.  Too be fair, it was the guy who 'might' have been with Lu that was married.  The guy who 'might' have done it with Ro was the naked guy.   Other than that, I agree.

Tearing around the house.  Barging into rooms. Crying. Throwing back curtains.  Interrogation before 10a.m.  Wild, wild gesticulation. More crying.  "I come down here on a nice trip with my friends and you bring a stranger that you don't even know and you've been drinking and your judgment's impaired and you let them sleep right across from me and Carole...and...and...." More crying = hysterics.

I had to watch that scene again to see if Carole was asking most of the questions.  Not so much.  Heather is totally leading the charge.  And Carole is following (per usual).  By the time they hit Lu's room, they might as well be synchronized swimming for as much as Carole is repeating and gesticulating exactly like Heather.  Hilarious. That part, in Lu's room is now my all time favorite example of how far Carole is up Heather's butt.

I guess we saw it differently. 

• Love 2

To ryebread's delineation of "hysterics," I'll also add: becoming so invested in the fantasias that you're peddling that a room on the same floor becomes "my suite" becomes "my room" becomes "my bed." Considering the escalating revisionism, why should anyone even believe that the guy was "naked"?

• Love 1

To ryebread's delineation of "hysterics," I'll also add: becoming so invested in the fantasias that you're peddling that a room on the same floor becomes "my suite" becomes "my room" becomes "my bed." Considering the escalating revisionism, why should anyone even believe that the guy was "naked"?

• Love 22
(edited)

True, Heather's dramatic behavior was over-the-top, but Lu said in her TH, Carol & Heather were trying to catch her "in the act".  Her words.  And I don't believe that for a second.  Seems to me like more deflection from Lu of how she was happily diddling around with some married dude.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 17
(edited)

Hopefully the dude's wife isn't a HW fan.  Scotland is tiny compared to the U.S.  If she's at all suspicious that her hubs was in T&C around that time or half as good at detective work as we all are, it wouldn't be hard to figure.  Especially since it's possible that some of the names bandied about, by Heather and Carole on WWHL, might be real.

But I agree with you about it all being on the guy for cheating in the first place.  But that was one more feather in Heather's bitch hat as she sat there fist pumping and excited that he might be caught.  Just let it go, Heather.  It's done.  You weren't murdered and your wallet was intact.  Millions of people cheat.  Why you all giddy, girl? 

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 16

OK.  Too be fair, it was the guy who 'might' have been with Lu that was married.  The guy who 'might' have done it with Ro was the naked guy.   Other than that, I agree.

Oh that's right. Not that it matters though (to the Scottish dude's wife's P.I.)

Seriously, if anyone broke "girl code," it was Kristen who announced to the room that the guy was married.

• Love 10

But the bolded is literally what happened.

I agree and think it was wrong of Moaner to let Naked/Not Naked guy stay in Beth's bed.  Heather had a point in what she was trying to say. 

But when she became a Bulldozer in a Bathrobe, that's when she lost me.

• Love 14

I would think "girl code" (a term of which I'm not a fan and for which I thus do not cheer LuAnn) would provide for not slut shaming your friend in general, definitely not slut shaming her on camera, asking her questions like "do you even know his name", suggesting there's a deficit in her "ethics"/"values" because she likes to get her swerve on and wouldn't blanche at a naked man. It was unnecessary and especially underhanded for Kristen to ensure that everyone knew the man might have been married but Heather and Carole had already set the tone. And considering that's where they took the conversation when Lu objected to their inquisition, I don't really see why Lu deciding they must have had malevolent intentions when charging into her room is any more of a reach than Ro's trick supposedly representing a major threat to Heather and Carole.

• Love 12

My problem with people saying that Heather's reaction was OTT, is, had she been hurt in some way, would she then be right to be teary eyed and angry that someone's ONS was left to sleep it off in their adjoining room? Sorry that's not right. Ever!

I just don't the get it. She was pissed that Ramona left her trick on their floor. Had Ramona said to Sonja hey move it, because this guy is sleeping over. I'm sure the whole thing would be different. At least then, Heather and Carole would not wake up to strange dick. If that is what you want to to do cool but if you don't expect it and aren't looking for it it can be startling, just saying.

Amen to your whole post.  Heather even said that for all she knew this guy could have been in their room whacking off to them while they slept.  He would have had full access to her and Carole's room.  And since he didn't get any bootie from Ramona, he very well could have done just that.  Why was he naked?  If you're drunk enough to pass out, you don't take the time to take your clothes off.  I think this guy did a little diddling watching the naked girls sleeping in the next room.  JMO

• Love 10

Best part of the episode? Dorinda unwittingly hot gluing the host's glittery coasters to her jeans!

As much as Dorinda has been upsetting these past few episodes, she's bringing the comedy. I loved how her reaction was rather non-plussed, too. She was like, "What? They're cute!"

There was also a moment when someone designed a pair that weren't atrocious-looking and she said, "I would actually buy THOSE". 

I am enjoying this season because it feels more like a screwball comedy, and I feel like the editors know it. Witness Carole's flustered reaction when Sonja yells, "Carole said he had a small penis!" or the brief exchange when Sonja tells Ramona her jeans are "so '80s". Ramona's flattered smile turns to a frown when Sonja adds, "So YOU!"

Since the big blow-up, Sonja seemed to be making a point of not getting drunk and sloppy. It's no coincidence that she's been delightful the last couple of episodes. When she's not off her rocker, she is a cute quipster.

She was very enjoyable in the decorating scene.

Besides the fact that both Luann and Ramona looked extremely hungover!!  Luann had to wear her sunglasses in the house - that's a sure indicator of a hangover.  Both of them (Luann and Ramona) looked like they had a rough night.  

LuAnn has what my friends and I call "Lindsay Voice" in the morning, in which one sounds like Lindsay Lohan until about 2 PM. I've had it happen more frequently than I'd like (and I work in customer service, so everyone assumes I'm sick).

I like that this show doesn't completely devolve into the "Team" aspect that so many RH shows do, but I do find it interesting that Carole is going on a trip with Dorinda and apparently getting on swimmingly when at this point -- on the show -- Dorinda and Heather are already butting heads. 

• Love 10

She just apologized to Sonja by saying "none of us is a therapist so we can't diagnose the others" yet in this episode she has diagnosed Dorinda and declared that she is not a happy person because of the mess between her daughter and her boyfriend.

You don't need to have a psychology degree or be a therapist to form an opinion if someone's happy.  "Unhappiness" is not a diagnosis.

Production crew is not there to guard the participants; they are not bodyguards. In fact, someone (not a castmember, but still) was sexually assaulted in one of the Real World houses during production, IIRC (I think it was San Diego). How many times have we seen crazy shit go down while the camera is rolling? I hardly expect those people to be watching people's possessions or safeguarding their persons.

The following things happened while camera crew and producer were present:

1. 19 Kids and Counting:  A five year old child was having a grand mal seizure.  Filming didn't stop - it actually started to catch the seizure, and zoomed in close to her face.  A child fell into an orchestra pit, and as he laid bleeding from the mouth and screaming, close ups were taken.  A toddler was filmed roaming around outside alone, barefoot in the cold.

2.  Jon and Kate Plus 8:  Multiple incidents of questionable emotional abuse to toddlers/pre-schoolers, and explicit filming of potty training.

3.  Big Brother:  A woman had a knife held to her throat as part of a seduction.  A physical altercation occurred between two men.  A woman was deliberately burned with a cigarette.  A black woman was screamed at by two racists, while having stereotypical black woman behavior mocked, called names such as "Shonequa", followed by her bed being flipped.  A man repeatedly entered the room of a woman he was obsessed with, and stared at her as she slept, followed by at least one incident of kissing her while she slept.

4.  The Challenge:  Multiple physical altercations.  A bully attack in which one petite woman was harassed and screamed at by a group of males/females, followed by humiliating her as a two liter pop was emptied over her head.  A woman was sexually assaulted by several men with a toothbrush.

Reality show camera crews and producers do NOT provide protection.  The camera crew, in particular, do not stop filming no matter what happens.

• Love 23
(edited)

. But the bolded is literally what happened.

I think it's more like, "I come down here on a fake vacay work trip with my reality show colleagues and dozens of cameras -- "

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5

It was unnecessary and especially underhanded for Kristen to ensure that everyone knew the man might have been married but Heather and Carole had already set the tone.

And oh how they kept at it on WWHL.  When Heather let Carole get a word in edgewise, Carole had some nasty stuff to say about Luann. Said Luann pretty much screws anyone. Heather smiled that creepy smile again and agreed.  Carole also said that she hadn't talked to Lu since the reunion and they aren't friends.  So I wonder if Lu really went there about the book. Because tonight, Carole was really trying to out-out Luann.

If Lu did bring up the ghost at the reunion and Carole is slut shaming Luann, how do they move past that and film together next season?  I mean, I know they will but how does that work???? 

• Love 10

I've cried when I accidentally caught a few seconds of Teen Mom, which regularly has scenes of child endangerment and neglect, domestic abuse, animal abuse, drug use, and all kinds of horrible things.  I would expect that the producers might stop me from being murdered, because they would have a harder time refusing to turn the footage over to the police, which is something that happened when a woman was raped in the Real World: San Diego house.

I also can't help thinking of all the times that cast members of the Real World have been assaulted by people looking for notoriety.  It's horrible to even consider, but people can do horrible things if they're looking for a little fame.  I would not feel safe just because the cameras are there.  This is where I think it becomes really relevant that LuAnn didn't know the men that were in the house.  I don't think that LuAnn or Ramona should be able to decide if someone sleeps at their house without consulting the other women, and there's also a big difference between a near stranger and someone that she has known for a long time.  I don't watch WWHL, and it does sound like they might have crossed a line there, but I don't think Heather was in the wrong for asking if LuAnn knew the guy's name.  I think LuAnn should be able to have sex with whoever she wants, but I would be pissed if someone I was living with lost a human being in the house overnight.  Neither of them seemed to have any idea where he was.

• Love 12

LuAnn shouldn't have dismiss Carole and Heather. "We are sorry, it didn't seem like a big deal to us at the time, we hear you and it won't happen again". There. Done. Two seconds. If Heather or Carole felt like going all banshee on their asses after an apology, then it would have been on them. 

But Luann had nothing to apologize for.  It wasn't her dude up in the bed.

Heather and Carole should have calmed down (even though I don't think Carole was all that upset until Heather mind-melded her) before they went to Luann's room. 

Upon realizing that Luann had nothing to do with the naked guy, THEY should have apologized to HER.  Maybe then the scene in the kitchen with Luann wouldn't have devolved into outing her and questioning her ethics and values.  (But had it not evolved, we'd not have Luann's smoky voiced quip. So for that I am forever grateful that Heather went cuckoo.)

• Love 19

Not to go too off topic, but I disagree.  Flashing, to my mind, occurs when someone deliberately shows you their privates to shock you, scare you or upset you.  Naked Guy was asleep so apparently he didn't even know anyone was looking at him.

If I was on vacation with a bunch of women friends, listened to them party with their guests through the night, and then walked into a room the next morning to find a naked party guest fast asleep, I would make a quick escape, as much for his privacy as my own. I would close the door soundly and scoot away.  And while I would be startled, I hardly think I would be hysterical, flinging doors and drapes open and ordering people out of their beds so they can EXPLAIN THE MEANING OF THIS OUTRAGE !!! I think I might actually be giggling with my other friends about it.

I'm a grown woman.  A sleeping penis does not frighten me.

I was all set to post something similar, but you pretty much covered it!  I completely agree with every word of this.

Flashing is completely different.  That's not what happened here.  At all.

Heather was ridiculous.   And boy, there's really no room for anyone else's opinion, is there?  She's so damn self-righteous.  I can maybe, sort-of understand her initial reaction (although not really because I wouldn't react that way), but she just escalated and it went on & on.  Crying and getting hysterical like that?  Running around like the house was on fire?  She acted like a lunatic, which is amusing because she clearly thinks she's more together than the rest of them.  

• Love 21

True, Heather's dramatic behavior was over-the-top, but Lu said in her TH, Carol & Heather were trying to catch her "in the act".  Her words.  And I don't believe that for a second.  

I don't think Carol and Heather had a conscious plan to catch LuAnn in the act, either. 

I think the person who was hoping LuAnn might get caught with her hand in the cookie jar was Ramona.  She didn't send the Bobsey Twins to talk to Luann just to get them off her case.   iI think she was totally hoping Luann still had her Scotsman in her room and Ramona was setting her up to get caught so that all the attention her seriously bad judgement was receiving would be diverted to the Countess.  

Of course, being green like Sonja said, Ramona miscalculated.  The Countess would never let something like that happen.  She had ushered her dude out hours earlier.  But Ramona still managed to escape unscathed because Heather's reaction was so huge, that became the issue - as opposed to the issue of Ramona (quite probably) screwing Naked Guy in Bethenny's room then toddling off back to her own room, leaving him behind as he slept only feet away from a completely unaware Heather and Carole.  Which was a seriously assy thing to do, imo.

• Love 21

I get Heather being upset about a random guy sleeping in the room next to theirs without knowing, but if I heard the ladies blaring music and bringing guys back to the house, I would have probably shut/lock the door between what was Bethenny's room and the bathroom just to shut out a bit of the noise and to possibly stop drunken shenanigans from entering their room. I would also think if there was an empty room available that it possibly might be used by one of the ladies for their sexy times, especially if they did bring guys back to the house. I do think Heather's reaction was way over the top. I do not think Heather needed an explanation on what happened that very second, since it seemed pretty obvious with the exception of knowing who let naked man sleep in the room near them. I feel like she could have harnessed her outrage and when the other ladies surfaced asked what happened and to request that they send their men home or stay with them. The way Heather (Carole seemed half-heartedly along for the ride) reacted to the whole situation is what I did not like. Then again, I am not much of a Heather fan.

That's how I saw it too.  Heather was certainly entitled to be unhappy about what happened.  Just as some agree with her point of view and others don't think it was a big deal.  Just different opinions.  I don't begrudge Heather's opinion, but rather the way she carried on about it.  There were far better ways to deal with the situation than to run around like a crazy person, screaming, crying, accusing, and trying to engage in meaningful dialogue with people who had been sound asleep just seconds earlier.

I'm quite sure her nose would have been up in the air and she would have been spouting numerous sarcastic comments if it had been anyone else who over-reacted like that to something she saw as no big deal.  Yes, have a conversation about it.  Yes, say that you didn't think it was okay to have that man there.  But OMG, take it down like 100 notches.  And stop exaggerating & embellishing.  For an intelligent woman, sometimes she really acts very foolish.

• Love 14

Amen to your whole post.  Heather even said that for all she knew this guy could have been in their room whacking off to them while they slept.  He would have had full access to her and Carole's room.  And since he didn't get any bootie from Ramona, he very well could have done just that.  Why was he naked?  If you're drunk enough to pass out, you don't take the time to take your clothes off.  I think this guy did a little diddling watching the naked girls sleeping in the next room.  JMO

I think that's a gigantic leap.  I don't see one reason to think that happened.

We don't know that he didn't get any from Ramona.  And we don't know that he was naked.  Or that he was even aware of Heather & Carole.  

Personally, I would never jump to that kind of conclusion with really nothing at all to support it.

• Love 13

I think that's a gigantic leap.  I don't see one reason to think that happened.

We don't know that he didn't get any from Ramona.  And we don't know that he was naked.  Or that he was even aware of Heather & Carole.  

Personally, I would never jump to that kind of conclusion with really nothing at all to support it.

None of us here was there in that beach house so everyone here has their own take on what may or may not have happened.  I'm entitled to mine.  The only thing we have is what is shown on film and talked about by the people who were there.  I'm just questioning why the guy was naked and I think one of the women on the show said that Ramona didn't sleep with the naked guy, that's why he went upstairs in the empty room to sleep.  Since camera's weren't there to record what actually happened, I'm in the same frame of mind as Heather.  She made a point that she noticed that the bathroom doors were open which lead me to believe they weren't when she and Carole went to bed.  That guy could have been in their room without them knowing it and that's why they were so upset.  Also, Heather said that when the guy rolled over, he was naked.  I don't have any reason to disbelieve her.

• Love 8
(edited)

None of us here was there in that beach house so everyone here has their own take on what may or may not have happened.  I'm entitled to mine.  The only thing we have is what is shown on film and talked about by the people who were there.  I'm just questioning why the guy was naked and I think one of the women on the show said that Ramona didn't sleep with the naked guy, that's why he went upstairs in the empty room to sleep.  Since camera's weren't there to record what actually happened, I'm in the same frame of mind as Heather.  She made a point that she noticed that the bathroom doors were open which lead me to believe they weren't when she and Carole went to bed.  That guy could have been in their room without them knowing it and that's why they were so upset.  Also, Heather said that when the guy rolled over, he was naked.  I don't have any reason to disbelieve her.

Yes, of course you're entitled to your opinion.  As am I.  I guess our minds work differently.  I never would have jumped to the conclusion that someone (anyone!) entered the bedroom of two women, and jerked off while watching them sleep.  I could imagine 100 different scenarios before I'd get to that one.  I didn't hear or see anything that would lead me in that direction in this situation.

My assumption is that he was messing around with Ramona and then he went to sleep.  As often happens with men who drink, stumble into someone's bed in the wee hours of the morning and have sex.  After that, they go to sleep.  At that point it's pretty much a given.  Or maybe they fumbled around a bit, he was too drunk so not much happened, and he went to sleep.  I just can't assume that he was wandering around the house up to no good.  It makes no sense to me without having more reason to think so.

And we differ again because I think we do have reason to disbelieve Heather.  She exaggerates all the time, and she especially was exaggerating during her crazy rant.  Maybe he was naked, maybe he wasn't.  Maybe in her hysteria she caught sight of just enough to assume that he was.  But either way I don't find it at all weird that he would be naked.   Whether or not he had sex with Ramona, lots of men sleep naked.  It doesn't make him a pervert, and I don't find that suspicious or the slightest bit unusual.  If he could walk from Ramona's room to the other room, it's completely believable that he would remove his clothing before getting into the bed, drunk or not.  And what was he supposed to wear?  It's not like he brought pajamas!  (I'm mentioning this because you said earlier that people who are drunk enough to pass out don't take their clothing off, and my contention is that he was likely drunk but not necessarily at the point of passing out, and therefore easily could have removed his clothing either before having sex with Ramona or before getting into bed in the other room.  All perfectly normal behavior.)

The most logical explanation for the whole thing, IMO, is that Ramona brought this guy home, they had sex, and he went to sleep in another room because he was too drunk to go home and she didn't want him to be discovered in her bed.  That scenario makes the most sense to me, and I really don't think it was anything more than that.  

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 15
(edited)

Yes, of course you're entitled to your opinion.  As am I.  I guess our minds work differently.  I never would have jumped to the conclusion that someone (anyone!) entered the bedroom of two women, and jerked off while watching them sleep.  I could imagine 100 different scenarios before I'd get to that one.  I didn't hear or see anything that would lead me in that direction in this situation.

Heather actually voiced the same concern.  I don't think it's farfetched since they don't know what happened with that guy only 45 yards away while they were sound asleep. 

Edited by swankie
  • Love 4

Heather actually voiced the same concern.  I don't think it's farfetched since they don't know what happened with that guy only 45 yards away while they were sound asleep. 

I know what Heather said.  I just think it was part of her escalating hysteria and over-dramatization of the entire situation.  No, they don't know what happened, and that's my point.  There's no reason, IMO, to jump to a conclusion like that.  No reason at all. 

IMO what happened with that guy was that he was asleep.  Not exciting, not good television, but I think the most likely scenario is that was all it was.

• Love 12

Im with Heather on this. Ramona should have stayed with the guy, and she should have made sure he left the house.

"Way to go Countess" <sarcasm> i wonder what chapter luann discusses sex with married men and still be a lady. <facepalm>

• Love 11
(edited)

Why do people keep posting the bathroom door was wide open. In the first few seconds of the show Heather is telling Carole what happened. She specifically says as they are in the bathroom "I opened the door."

Check your DVR.

Edited by charming
  • Love 17

I agree and think it was wrong of Moaner to let Naked/Not Naked guy stay in Beth's bed.  Heather had a point in what she was trying to say. 

But when she became a Bulldozer in a Bathrobe, that's when she lost me.

"Her reaction is valid but the volume of it is not" is what some seem to continue to say base on the first look episode and the actual episode.

I don't agree with that.

• Love 2

Of course camera crew or house managers aren't bodyguards. My intent in pointing out the presence of others and particularly other males in the vacation home, was to point out that they weren't as unsafe as say a female alone in her dorm or two roomates who live together. MMV, but I assume that the crew and paid staff would not allow one of their highly-paid beloved leads to be assaulted.

I don't take issue with Heather feeling any certain way. She's entitled to feel however she feels about whatever she has feelings about. I take issue with Heather's behavior. She stormed around the house like all hell had broken lose, barging into people's bedrooms, demanding answers, and she was condescending preachy and slut-shamey. That's what I don't like about Heather. That was the behavior that was "uncool" IMO. And all this behavior occurred after the "threat" was removed. After nothing happened. In my opinion it was overkill. But then again, I find Heather to act preachy and condescending in most situations.

I'm sure there are people that would have reacted the same way as Heather, and I'm sure that there are people that would have had more of a Luanne approach to the situation. Different strokes for different folks. I don't consider either of these feelings "wrong". I just prefer when situations are handled without a fucking bulldozer. (Yes I know people could have died! Jewelery could have been stolen! Life or death!) Perhaps Heather just irked me with her "Luanne and I have different morals and values" and other similar comments. I don't like hearing a grown woman's sex life judged in terms of morals or values.

Exactly!!  

I got the feeling that Heather was kind of channeling Aviva with the way she was flipping out!!  (Interesting, because she really cannot stand Aviva!!)

• Love 7

Not to go too off topic, but I disagree.  Flashing, to my mind, occurs when someone deliberately shows you their privates to shock you, scare you or upset you.  Naked Guy was asleep so apparently he didn't even know anyone was looking at him.

If I was on vacation with a bunch of women friends, listened to them party with their guests through the night, and then walked into a room the next morning to find a naked party guest fast asleep, I would make a quick escape, as much for his privacy as my own. I would close the door soundly and scoot away.  And while I would be startled, I hardly think I would be hysterical, flinging doors and drapes open and ordering people out of their beds so they can EXPLAIN THE MEANING OF THIS OUTRAGE !!! I think I might actually be giggling with my other friends about it.

I'm a grown woman.  A sleeping penis does not frighten me.

All of this would maybe have more credibility if this all happened on film.  If Heather was being filmed while finding the naked guy (and, they could have blurred his face, his privates, whatever...), then immediately see him making a hasty retreat, or a car pulling away, etc., and then, we see Heather's outrage IN THE MOMENT, I would excuse the behavior.  The fact that it was all filmed, presumably, at least an hour or two AFTER the fact is what I cannot figure out.

If I were in that situation, I think I would have immediately gone and woken up my room mate (Carole), and try to figure out how to handle the situation.  

• Love 7
(edited)

Sonja was the MVP this episode.  She didn't get wasted, she stayed out of the various ridiculous arguements, and she had a witty running commentary throughout.  Nice to see more of that side of her compared to her messier moments.

I personally do not agree with the extent that Heather and Carole got upset that morning, but I'm sure everyone gets exhausted and is basically over everything at the end of these trips (see Dorinda two minutes earlier).  But it was like this tiny, minuscule folie a deux - first the naked man was in a bed in the adjoining room, then he was in their bedroom, then he was in their bed, then he was jerking off in their room wearing their jewelry...  Anyway, may we all get laid by hot (unmarried) scotsmen.

The even bigger overreaction, to me, was Luann's bone to pick at the bedazzling party, which just drudged everything from Turks back up unnescessarily.  Carole basically seemed over it after putting Ramona on a time out (and was more upset with Ramona's Chef-shaming comments at the hotel to begin with) and all Heather seemed to want was a straight forward apology from Ramona, which she eventually received.  It should have been done and buried, but now the Countess is clutching her pearls about them barging into her room?  What the hell, lol.  Dorinda and Luann were definitely talking to each other and feeding into each other's issues with Heather prior to the get together, but I can't say that's any different than what any of the other ladies were shown doing, let alone any behind the scenes conversations.

I'm still liking all of the ladies at various ever changing levels, and I think it's been a pretty terrific season overall.  I will say Heather has been sinking for me some in that regard.  Her talking head interviews have been increasingly cut throat and I do feel like she thinks she's better than the others and is controlling.  Her sarcasm in arguements really rubs me (and obviously Dorinda) the wrong way.  On the other hand, I think she can be very fun loving and nurturing, she's obviously a smart business woman, and she had a sweet, attractive husband.  But let's be honest, when she smiles at someone, it looks like she's thinking about 5 different ways to kill that person.

All of these women are mixed bags with their pluses and minuses, whatever, they're getting paid good money to put themselves out there and I'm not going to get overly invested in loving or hating any of them.  That being said, the ones I've enjoyed most this year are Manic Bethenny, Too Cool Carole and Bat Shit Ramona.

Edited by donsey
  • Love 11

Forgive me for not reading all previous replies -- someone else may have already brought this up.

But my take wasn't that Heather was worried that someone was jacking off over her in her sleep.

My take was that Heather was worried that somebody may have plundered her jewelry stash.  That was Carole's immediate reaction as well -- She says something like, "OMG -- my wallet."

In real life, that' would be a very legitimate thing to get really, really pissed off about.

But, of course, this is not real life.  Producers and camerapeople are constantly shuffling about.  I don't think show staff have been sworn to follow the Prime Directive, have they?  I mean, if they saw someone snagging Carole's credit cards, wouldn't they call security?  Maybe not, but I suspect they would.  

Given that, Heather's behavior had to have been staged.  In other words, she was responding to a producer's suggestion.

And, personally, I can't wait for Season 2 of UNReal when Andy Cohen hires Quinn and Rachel to begin producing this Real Housewives franchise!  Andy?  Puleeeeeeeeze?

• Love 1

The moment Kristen disclosed Lu's ONS was married was the aha moment for me about what she is mad about. Harkens back to the day when Ro accused Lu of cheating on the Count. Lu does not want people to think the Countess has no regard for marriage.

I was suprised Dorinda wanted to go dancing after her meltdown. Meltdowns are exhausting!! That and her going from 0 to 60 in 2 seconds makes me wonder if she is on something? Maybe doesn't go with alcohol? I liked Dorinda in the beginning, but I'm not seeing anything likeable anymore.

Heather's reaction has been discussed ad nauseum, but I'll still add my 2 cents :) I think she was startled and scared. Then she tries to talk to Dorinda, Ro and Sonya; and they are all indifferent. I imagine after being startled her heart was racing and then the others not acknowledging anything about the situation amped it up. I wonder if any of the ladies had said "I get that you were scared because you just woke up and found a stranger in the house, but it's not a big deal because we met him last nite" how things would have gone?

I'm not sure if the chef was the same, but last week he wasn't wearing a ring and this week he was. A lot of chefs don't wear rings for sanitary reasons. Is that his norm but he thought, "screw it! with these crazies the ring is going on!"

• Love 7
(edited)

I am totally on board with Heather on this one. If I woke up to a naked stranger in my house, I would freak out too. Lu and the others weren't getting it. No one is begrudging you getting a little action on vacation, but you need to take responsibility for your dude. You can't just leave him unattended in the next room from your unaware friends. This is not the same as having a one night stand in your apartment back in the city. You're sharing a house with several other women, and you need to take them into account. They had JUST met these guys, and they were clearly heavily intoxicated - what if that guy had tried something with Heather or Carole, what if he stole something? But the crux of the matter is, no one told them. NO one really knew what was going on and THAT was "uncool". 

It was interesting to hear that even the house manager tried to stop the guys from coming back. I wonder if they were worried about liability should something have happened. And the look on LuAnn's face when it was brought up that her dude was married. It wasn't a look of, "Really? I had no idea. He wasn't wearing a ring, never said anything". It was a look of, "Yea, I knew. So what? It happens". She could not have cared less. So it's terribly classless to pepper your speech with the "F" bomb, but if Victoria was traipsing around Europe banging married men it would be totally awesome? Lu is reminding me of what a hypocrite she is and I'm back to being disgusted with her again. 

And, for the record, I don't think Lu is responsible for Ramona's man. I mean, let's be clear, naked dude WAS Ramona's man. She clearly took him upstairs to have her way with him (hence him being naked), but wanted to go back down and sleep with Sonja. Which, well, that says a lot about you right there. At least LuAnn sent her dude packing. But at no point did Lu acknowledge that it was a problem for the other dude to be there, alone and naked. She could have said, "Yea, that's messed up. I sent my dude home, I had no idea Ramona didn't do the same. I can understand why that made you uncomfortable". No, she was more concerned about what COULD have been witnessed by the girls barging into their room. Trust, LuAnn, no one wants to see that. 

Once again, Sonja had it right. Just bang the dudes outside on the beach and send them on their merry way. 

SIgh. I'm now exhausted. On to other matters:

Bethenny's Dorinda impression was spot on! 

Dorinda is a very indulged woman. What I would give for a nap once a quarter, let alone daily. 

Dorinda sewing Manny's coasters to her jeans!!!! 

Kristen, I hope you pay your nanny overtime to do your charity work for you. 

And speaking of Manny, poor guy. He's going to need to sage the fuck out of the place now that the harpies are gone. Light 20 abundance candles and put nine lemons in a bowl. Damn. Talk about bad energy. 

I don't really give two fucks about Kristen and the press. I don't think she meant anything by it. I imagine she was at a party and absolutely delighted that someone wanted to talk to her, so she didn't really think about it. Also, we know she's not the sharpest tool in the shed, so I can totally see her thinking she's making some witty remark and having it come out wrong. But what was funny, to me, was how in her THs she was all, "The gloves are off!", but then she continues to be all meek and mild. 

But I'm really starting to notice a pattern with Dorinda. Under the guise of being the shoulder to lean on, she's actually getting people all riled up and then sitting back and watching as they erupt. She did with Sonja in T&C and she did it at Manny's with Lu. She is really turning out to be quite the shit-stirrer. No wonder she and Ramona have been friends for so long. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 22
(edited)

Another clue you aren't cool is if your company is named "Yummie."

A clue that you are cool is if  Yummie Tummie is worth millions.  I would name my company some uncoool name like  Yummie Winking  Noodle if I had her buckeroos 

So uncool to be a millionaire many times over.  Yeah!  Laughing all the way to the bank with her Yummie millions.  :)

Given all the ways in which Heather is not cool, as she is human, going after her successful company's name seems like a stretch, maybe just to dislike her more.  I give the woman a LOT of credit (cool credit) for being so successful.

Edited by Crikey
  • Love 20

It is funny to think of him shutting the door behind the last producer, standing there alone trying to readjust to his apartment just being his apartment, his sofa just being his sofa and not the throne from which a Countess summoned a series of peasants to be yelled at one after another.

hahahah!!! Oh Eliz I lol'ed over this - "yelling at the peasants one by one!!!!! " Still laughing!!! 

• Love 3

If Heather's leaving, can Carole be far behind?

I'm not sure the show's worth watching without Heather & Carole.  They're the least delusional.

Bethany is very funny, but she's such a bitch, I can't get behind her 100%.

The other four are kind of dull.

• Love 7