Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: Charity Case

• Start Topic

Everyone has pretty much said everything, so I just want to add that seeing Jim's first age appropriate wife as she was standing next to Meghan really grossed me out. The difference was shocking. It looks like Jim married an annoying immature teenager and not a true partner in life.

• Love 6
Does that Lizzie wear anything that fits properly and doesn't look dated? Those giant melons once packed in again in the white tight empire waisted baby doll sleeved dress with her ringlet barrel hair curls. Just no.

Guess Lizzie has "friend" status this season.  Why'd Satan Andy bother to bring her back?  She's nice enough I suppose -- just dull as fuck.  And yeah, I don't like her clothes or hair either.  She's always wearing those way too tighty-tight baby doll thingies, with her boobs hiked up to her face & squeezed together for dear life.  Oy.  And those ringlets?  WTF?  Bette Davis in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane wants her hairdo back, Lizzie.

• Love 3

Guess Lizzie has "friend" status this season. Why'd Satan Andy bother to bring her back? She's nice enough I suppose -- just dull as fuck. And yeah, I don't like her clothes or hair either. She's always wearing those way too tighty-tight baby doll thingies, with her boobs hiked up to her face & squeezed together for dear life. Oy. And those ringlets? WTF? Bette Davis in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane wants her hairdo back, Lizzie.

Yeah. Her Night at the Grand Old Oprea dress moved her to the top of my makeover list. Someone should help that girl.

• Love 2
Jim married exactly what he deserves. :)

A--holes always find their own kind.

Well, Idk, I started this thread by saying Meghan is an asshole & clearly plenty agreed.  I haven't changed my mind about that.  I still think she's an asshole.  What I find extremely difficult to watch (and I'm actually quite repulsed by) is just how shitty asshole Jimmy treats her.  I get the strong impression he's just a big ole misogynist.  I don't think any woman deserves to be treated this shitty & disrespectfully, no matter how big an asshole she is.  But Satan Andy has demonstrated many times on his shows he just luvs, luvs, luvs throwing misogynist shit out there.

• Love 4
(edited)

I just looked it up. It seems appropriate. DEFCON 1 is nuclear war is happening. DEFCON 5 is that there is no threat. So saying that DEFCON 4 will start given the disinvite is basically Heather saying that people are going to be on guard and distrustful of her if she doesn't invite Shannon. That things will go from peace to some rumblings and discomfort. That's what I gather. 

It's actually a pretty good analogy. Must have been rehearsed and the lines written by someone not Heather. 

Edited by bravofan27

Hey, I thought people in the Midwest were supposed to be nice. Thanks asshole Meghan for tearing that one to shreds.

We are nice! I do not consider that bitchy Barbie as one of mine. I was born and raised in the Chicago suburbs, and have cousins from St. Louis. Midwesterners (as a whole) are plain spoken people who dislike drama. We say what we mean and mean what we say. I never knew one person with a boob job, teeth bleached to blinding blue/white, hair extensions, or fighting so fiercely to keep up with the Joneses they go into foreclosure, until I moved to Atlanta.

We mind our business. We may be religious, but we keep it to our damned selves. It's just more straight forward and lacking in pretense in the Midwest, and it probably comes from being descendants of farmers.

Meghan is the antithesis of a Midwestern gal. I think she's gotten by on her debatable looks, and perhaps honed her disingenuous catty skills on the pageant circuit. Words cannot express how much the Cardinals are loved in St Louis. The players are very interactive with the residents, and there's a deep mutual respect between player and fan. As a hometown girl, Meghan has landed the ultimate catch. Jim Edmonds is still well-liked enough to be a Sportscaster in StL, he has a World Series ring, many Gold Gloves, and is a member of the Cardinals Hall of Fame. That means something there, and that status is worth it to her - even at the cost of having a crappy marriage. She's strutting around like a peacock, kind of like when Eva Longoria landed hometown hero Tony Parker. I don't see Meghan ending up more successful.

• Love 3
(edited)

So I wonder -- if Meghan is not typical of people in the midwest -- was it that she's such an asshole that attracted asshole Jimmy to her?  Or is being married to asshole Jimmy bringing out the asshole tendencies which were already in her?  Hmmmm.  

As much as I think Meghan acted badly in this ep, I did not like the way Shannon treated her.  WTF was up with Shannon talking to her but not facing her?  I mean, Meghan was an asshole for pointing that out, but still, Shannon was downright rude for doing this.  And Shannon constantly saying, "I'm fine" in that tight creepy way of hers is seriously squicking me out.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

So I wonder -- if Meghan is not typical of people in the midwest -- was it that she's such an asshole that attracted asshole Jimmy to her? Or is being married to asshole Jimmy bringing out the asshole tendencies which were already in her? Hmmmm.

As much as I think Meghan acted badly in this ep, I did not like the way Shannon treated her. WTF was up with Shannon talking to her but not facing her? I mean, Meghan was an asshole for pointing that out, but still, Shannon was downright rude for doing this. And Shannon constantly saying, "I'm fine" in that tight creepy way of hers is seriously squicking me out.

It's a conundrum - what came first, the chicken or the egg. Since they've only been married four months, I'm guessing she's always been like this, but is a supreme climber.

As to Shannon not looking at Meghan, I personally felt Meghan crossed the line into her personal space. First kneeling practically in her lap while stroking her arm, then towering over her. I'm not as tall as Meghan but I'm taller than most women I know. And as I said regarding Brandi versus Kyle in BH, I've always been cognizant of my height and the ability it has to intimidate. Meghan clearly loves that advantage, since she straps on heels that allow her to tower over her 6'1" husband.

• Love 5

It's really hard to judge the reactions Shannon was having with Meghan during the phone shaming exchange at the Bella's home reception.  It was so heavily edited. However from articles on websites like Reality Tea, Shannon does explain that it went for much longer and Meghan was pretty long winded- ie. the "not famous" line and I understand Shannon's point. Meghan misrepresented herself when she called her. She seems to think the celebrity love and worship of her husband has the same weight in the OC as it does in St. Louis.  I'm sure she was entirely perplexed that Shannon didn't fall to her feet begging for forgiveness. This whole "you would have been nicer if you know I was Meghan King Edmonds? -ie. married to a retired ball player.... indicates she not only feels the status entitlement-- she also likes to rub people's face in it-- kind of like Julia Roberts in Pretty Women at the snooty boutique and wanted to out Shannon as not only uncharitable but also as a snob. Shannon claims she premeditated this to create drama/storyline for herself at Shannon's expense after a day they all spent together as a group and they both had already talked about the charity event with Shannon giving her advice and encouraging her. Shannon was not going to play into it - I think that look she gave her when Meghan started in was a "are you fucking kidding me?" look and tried to get away from the non-controversy.  She even just tried to put the whole thing behind her afterwards and was not going to let it affect her going to the charity until Tamra let her know that Meghan basically disinvited her to it. Shannon was pretty incredulous at first but then rolled with it.

• Love 6

Agree with seeing those other scenes except I don't want to see rat boy having a baby.

I wouldn't want to watch him giving birth either! :-D

Huh?  You weren't going to call her unless she called to give you a number you already had and used?   If there are any math tutors on the board, when you understand it, please explain it to me.

I only got a math minor with my comp sci degree, but I think Meghan wanted Shannon to give her non-private phone number over the phone so she could call back with an invite, not that that makes any sense either.

• Love 1
I just looked it up. It seems appropriate. DEFCON 1 is nuclear war is happening. DEFCON 5 is that there is no threat. So saying that DEFCON 4 will start given the disinvite is basically Heather saying that people are going to be on guard and distrustful of her if she doesn't invite Shannon. That things will go from peace to some rumblings and discomfort. That's what I gather.

It's actually a pretty good analogy. Must have been rehearsed and the lines written by someone not Heather.

Oh, I guarantee she looked up all the different DEFCON levels to make sure she was using the right one. 

• Love 1

So I wonder -- if Meghan is not typical of people in the midwest -- was it that she's such an asshole that attracted asshole Jimmy to her?  Or is being married to asshole Jimmy bringing out the asshole tendencies which were already in her?  Hmmmm.  

As much as I think Meghan acted badly in this ep, I did not like the way Shannon treated her.  WTF was up with Shannon talking to her but not facing her?  I mean, Meghan was an asshole for pointing that out, but still, Shannon was downright rude for doing this.  And Shannon constantly saying, "I'm fine" in that tight creepy way of hers is seriously squicking me out.

The whole scene was funny and stiff.  The four ladies on the couch talking about Meghan cue-Meghan walking in and nobody giving up their seat for fear they lose camera time.  Shannon did not want to give Meghan the satisfaction of having the back of her head to the camera.  Cue Heather walking in---just like on a sitcom.

• Love 3

Found this from 2012:  http://www.allabouttrh.com/alexis-bellino-was-almost-replaced-by-the-wife-of-a-baseball-player-demanded-a-raise/

Looks like the second wife was almost a Housewife.

Sources tell RumorFix that when Alexis decided to quit, producers had Jim Edmonds, a former Major League Baseball center fielder wife Allison set to start taping the new season with the girls but Allison changed her mind last minute resulting to Alexis returning and the other housewives aren’t to happy about this either! They also don’t want to film with her.

• Love 1

I love all these "society ladies" of Orange County whose protocol is to be invited (and to do the inviting) a day or two before any event where one (obviously) must buy a new dress and hire a top make-up artist AND hairdresser (or the combination thereof) to come to one's home for the overhaul.

The most disturbing thing about tonight's episode for me:  Vickie's comment about everything being Jim's.  What an insult to SAHMs and to marriage.

With this being the age of the prenup, sadly I think Vicki's assessment is more the truth.

And with Vicki, everything will ALWAYS be Vicki's...including her personality.

• Love 1

I am going to assume that Jimmy's first wife is around his same age (45) and by looking at her photos she is beautiful, but clearly 45.  I am sure when she was 30 she looked younger and thinner.  So I see him as an average scumbag who keeps going for younger replacements.

• Love 2

Meghan is the boyfriend who dumps you unexpectedly in the middle of your favorite restaurant, then gets all, "WOAH, stop crying, don't make a scene..." And then goes and talks to all his buddies like "She's cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs."

God I hate those types.

• Love 6

Wow. I googled Allison Edmonds-she is stunning. She reminds me of a soap actress, Lauralee Bell(Cricket, Y&R) but even prettier if that's possible.

• Love 1

I wanna add my "Meghan is...." ;)

Meghan is the boyfriend who dumps you unexpectedly in the middle of your favorite restaurant, then gets all, "WOAH, stop crying, don't make a scene..." And then goes and talks to all his buddies like "She's cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs."

If I knew someone like her, I'd steer super clear.  

oooh...like Warner from the Legally Blonde movie!!  ;-)

• Love 3

I don't think Meghan was wrong in not inviting Shannon IF this hadn't been a tv show.  It was pretty clear from Vicki taking Shannon out to dinner that they were supposed to be filming that night as a group and it would be a problem if Shannon wasn't with the group.  What would they have shown Shannon doing instead?  Yelling at David, oh wait...

Meghan doesn't realize that there is supposed to be drama, I get that she wanted it drama free for her first fundraiser in the OC, but perhaps pick having another party to be filmed instead?  Has she never seen the show before?

I find it hard to believe that Heather is a half million over budget, when they priced the project, did they just go with basic finishes?  Can she really just write a check for $250,000?  Does our health care system need some tweaking by chance?

Interesting that Lizzie continues to have a bigger role, but she's not a regular.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't think Meghan was wrong in not inviting Shannon IF this hadn't been a tv show.  It was pretty clear from Vicki taking Shannon out to dinner that they were supposed to be filming that night as a group and it would be a problem if Shannon wasn't with the group.  What would they have shown Shannon doing instead?  Yelling at David, oh wait...

Meghan doesn't realize that there is supposed to be drama, I get that she wanted it drama free for her first fundraiser in the OC, but perhaps pick having another party to be filmed instead?  Has she never seen the show before?

I find it hard to believe that Heather is a half million over budget, when they priced the project, did they just go with basic finishes?  Can she really just write a check for $250,000?  Does our health care system need some tweaking by chance?

Interesting that Lizzie continues to have a bigger role, but she's not a regular.

Not inviting someone to a party/event hosted by 1 HW is not uncommon, it happens at least once a season on every HW show. It happened to Heather and/or Tamra last season, so Shannon not being at the charity event is not a big deal as far as filming goes. That she wasn't there was the drama! LOL 

Plastic Surgery is rarely covered by Health Insurance, it is a cash business.

Edited by WireWrap

The vast majority of the procedures that Terry does are not covered by most insurances.  They won't cover stuff just for aesthetics.  They would cover breast reduction, implants after a mastectomy, deviated nasal septum but not because you don't like your nose.  He gets cash for his procedures.  I looked around for prices.  In NYC, the prices can be as high as 18-20k.  In his area of CA, the prices can be as high as 12k.  In TN or AK, a good surgeon can charge 3-4k.  That just gives you an idea of how much profit he's making from the surgery, especially if he charges a lot more than 12k since he's a doctor who is close to a celebrity doctor.

Regarding Lizzie's outfit being out of date, when the hell were empire waisted baby doll dressed and curls in?  I honestly can't remember.

• Love 1

Regarding Lizzie's outfit being out of date, when the hell were empire waisted baby doll dressed and curls in?  I honestly can't remember.

I'd say 1965 to 1968, approximately.  I used to have some dresses like that.  I was a tween back then!

• Love 3

The vast majority of the procedures that Terry does are not covered by most insurances.  They won't cover stuff just for aesthetics.  They would cover breast reduction, implants after a mastectomy, deviated nasal septum but not because you don't like your nose.  He gets cash for his procedures.  I looked around for prices.  In NYC, the prices can be as high as 18-20k.  In his area of CA, the prices can be as high as 12k.  In TN or AK, a good surgeon can charge 3-4k.  That just gives you an idea of how much profit he's making from the surgery, especially if he charges a lot more than 12k since he's a doctor who is close to a celebrity doctor.

The difference in surgery costs is not just profit. There higher overhead for commercial rent and staff due to cost of living.
  • Love 3

I'm still boggling over Tamra labeling herself as an EX mean girl. Bitch please. Ex mean girls don't lurk around, gleefully listening to other people's arguments. And they don't pretend to be "reluctant" about telling friends that yes, they know FOR SURE that they're not invited to someone else's slumber party.

Ex mean girl, my ass. One dunk in the Holy Swimming Pool of Jesus can't erase years of practice.

• Love 15

To me, it's as if Meghan has watched the show closely, and now wants to come in and pick, pick, pick. I believe she did go after Shannon, and she's too afraid of Tamra and her vicious mouth to tangle with her at this point, but if need be she will.  She just seems like a know-it-all kid and bully trying to make a name for herself on the show.  She wants to take over the OC.

• Love 6

I'm going with the early 1800's.  Had it not been so damn tight, it could have been described in a Jane Austen novel. 

• Love 6

I know what  you mean. When I was looking at the structure it does seem more like a showplace than a home-- almost like commercial property like a hotel's public rooms. I can't imagine the army that will be required for it's upkeep because we know Heather isn't doing it. It's the DuBrow's Downton.

I usually see these over-large homes and think about all the homeless people-- how many 2-3 bedroom starter homes could be made to house people. California's housing prices are so unbelievably high for just a regular house.  I get the same kind of sick feeling in my stomach when I hear or read about political campaign monies (which I think are such a criminal waste of resources-- especially in the case of vanity candidates). In a time when an entire nation is about to lose it's currency- so many people are going to be left with nothing, losing their entire savings and/or security.. and then the vultures will fly in.

While I am sure the Dubrow's give to charity, it obviously isn't at any major sacrifice to them. I guess what I am saying is to take off your coat to clothe the naked loses it's meaning a little when you have a chandelier lit closet filled with hundreds of coats. Charity donation is just a box on the list, not an aspiration as the Dubrows are not gunning for sainthood, just sanctimonious superficiiality.

I've had more time to reflect on Heather's house building scene (or I should say cost over-run scene) and I think what really bothered me was the number of times she said that her husband wouldn't like spending more money than what had been agreed on.  I think she mentioned it like five times. " Well, I really shouldn't...."  "Well I really shouldn't.... "  Then Don't!  Stop.  If it's painful and uncomfortable to spend the ginormous sums that were mentioned, you don't have to do it.  You can stick to your original plan.  If you would really like to spend your money on the most expensive marble ever dug up from the ground, then you should do that and be proud of your house and enjoy it.  You can't have it both ways.  Don't spend put Brazilian hardwood cabinets in the laundry room and then claim the wrath of Terry is a comin'.    I'm not buying it.

• Love 4

I'm still boggling over Tamra labeling herself as an EX mean girl. Bitch please. Ex mean girls don't lurk around, gleefully listening to other people's arguments. And they don't pretend to be "reluctant" about telling friends that yes, they know FOR SURE that they're not invited to someone else's slumber party.

Ex mean girl, my ass. One dunk in the Holy Swimming Pool of Jesus can't erase years of practice.

Ah c'mon now, Tamra said she just went into the room to get her purse and lo and behold she stumbled upon some possible HW turmoil. She had to stop and listen to be sure. She was shocked, shocked I tell you to hear Shannon and Meghan having words, then she left the room and prayed.
  • Love 8

Heather and Terry seem desperate to shoehorn specific numbers and pricing into the footage in which they appear. Case in point: their conversation at the Collette party in Napa. Figures make organic sense in the context of Heather's dialogue with the builders but the "private" back and forth between the Dubrows just registers as try-hard and gauche. Although Beverly Hills features opulence and excess, I don't recall a moment in which the women on that show strained so hard to price drop. And, whatever her real problem was with the Bellinos, Heather was the first to feign offense at Alexis's invocation of material goods when even *she* wasn't directly referring the prices and monetary totals from what I can remember.

• Love 11
(edited)

Hey, I'm certainly the last one who wants to defend Megahn, so I won't.  BUT I would like to point out there are some attitudes against her I'm NOT digging, particularly from Shannon & Vicks -- & even Tams.  It's the age thing.  They're all kinda condescending to Meghan cuz she's 30.  I mean, WTF?  OK, I'm somewhere in between their ages.  But I gotta tell you, I NEVER had anyone give me this attitude when I was 30.  And I had jobs with tons of responsibilities -- and nobody EVER treated me this way.  I would never have tolerated it.  And now that I'm older I NEVER treat younger people in a condescending way -- EVER!  So why do these bitches feel it's perfectly OK to do this?  Honestly, it's really a huge mistake to underestimate someone's intelligence or ability just cuz he/she is young.  I'm not getting this.

Each of 'em may have different reasons for this ridiculous condescending attitude toward someone young.  My guess is David cheated on Shannon (as well as constantly flirts with) younger women, and Shannon is merely showing her one of her zillions of insecurities.  And Vicks?  Well, I always got the feeling from Vicks she's jealous of women who are younger & better looking than her.  She denies it, but I don't believe her for a second.  We've seen it every time someone new comes along who's younger & better looking than her.  She gave attitude to Gretch & Alexis & Lizzie and now it's gonna be Meghan.  And Tams is pretty much the same way.

I also intensely dislike Vicks' high-and-mighty judgemental attitude about SAHM's.  Again, WTF?  She was one once too.  So where the fuck does she get off judging anyone else about this?  Her comments about Meghan & Jim's money were out-of-line.  No likey.  See, here's where I think her pea-green jealousy comes out in spades.  I think she's enormously jealous of any woman who can attract a man with tons of dough -- cuz she never could.  Look at what she's supposedly so gaga over -- a penniless, unemployed lazy bum, who she fully financially supports.  She has no business passing judgement over Meghan's financial situation, especially cuz it will only bring Vicks' home situation front & center.  

Hmmm, so now I'm understanding why Meghan is making these unkind comments about Brooks' cancer.  But it's snide & it's nasty & I don't care for it.  OK, Meghan, Vicks attacked you in a nasty way.  But sniping back at her (or her significant other) in an even nastier way doesn't cut it.  Not.  At.  All.  Meghan, it only makes you look like an unfeeling, cruel asshole, attacking a sick person.

And despite Meghan saying she was not prodded by producers, I don't believe her.  Sorry, hun, no.  Oh, they surely told Meghan to zero in on the jittery lunatic & hover over her & menace her until she had a breakdown on cam, like she did last season.  Good work, sweetie cuz Shannon very nearly did.  Let's see if the producers will guide Meghan into driving Shannon to an actual "They're coming to take me away" moment.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 6

Ah c'mon now, Tamra said she just went into the room to get her purse and lo and behold she stumbled upon some possible HW turmoil. She had to stop and listen to be sure. She was shocked, shocked I tell you to hear Shannon and Meghan having words, then she left the room and prayed.

Prayed that she wouldn't miss Shannon's next meltdown, maybe.

• Love 4
(edited)
Hey, I'm certainly the last one who wants to defend Megahn, so I won't.  BUT I would like to point out there are some attitudes against her I'm NOT digging, particularly from Shannon & Vicks -- & even Tams.  It's the age thing.  They're all kinda condescending to Meghan cuz she's 30.  I mean, WTF?  OK, I'm somewhere in between their ages.  But I gotta tell you, I NEVER had anyone give me this attitude when I was 30.  And I had jobs with tons of responsibilities -- and nobody EVER treated me this way.  I would never have tolerated it.  And now that I'm older I NEVER treat younger people in a condescending way -- EVER!  So why do these bitches feel it's perfectly OK to do this?  Honestly, it's really a huge mistake to underestimate someone's intelligence or ability just cuz he/she is young.  I'm not getting this.

ScoobieDoobs...your entire post is fabulous.  The women of RHOC seem mostly undereducated and have pasts with deprivation (love? money? popularity?).  So many over the years have been jealous of almost everything/everyone.  I don't see Meghan as a bitch at all.  I see her as someone who's very confident and has had to deal with her share of harpies.  I don't think Shannon (I START charities!) is a harpie.  She's a pathetic creature who craves a combination of adulation and sympathy but needs professional mental health help and medication--REAL medication from a board certified physician.   David's leaving and starting a new lift might be a blow initially, but I think it would be the best for him and for her (perhaps he should get the kids).

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 5
(edited)
I don't see Meghan as a bitch at all.

Well, you may change your mind on that one.  I saw a preview of Meghan calling Vicks an "old woman".  Idk, to me that sounds kinda vile.  My take on Meghan is when she gets poked at, she hits back in an extremely nasty way.  And Vicks is NOT wrong about her -- that she is seeming extremely entitled & it's a big turnoff.  

Not inviting Shannon to her charity party was petty, whether it was from Jimmy's direction or not.  And I'm not digging these snide comments from her on her suspicions of whether Brooks has cancer.  She doesn't seem like an obvious bitch yet, but I suspect her bitchery is gonna come out in full force shortly.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5
(edited)
David's leaving and starting a new lift might be a blow initially, but I think it would be the best for him and for her (perhaps he should get the kids).

I've said this soooo many times, I'm almost bored with it (but honestly -- I'm REALLY not).  I totally get why Shannon, the big ole jittery lunatic, hangs desperately onto him.  That's an old story.  What I don't get is why he's sticking with her.  I don't get it, I don't get it, I don't get it.  The guy is hot as hell & has tons of dough.  He can step out his door & in 2 seconds, he could hook up with his choice of zillions of way younger & better looking women -- and even more importantly, way saner & nicer than Shannon.  

It's truly a mystery why he stays with her & lets her torture him with the creepy "I'll forgive but never forget" crapola, as well as the never-ending nagging.  Is it only a matter of time before he meets someone uncomplicated & nice & just finally leaves Shannon?  Could be.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 6

totally get why Shannon, the big ole jittery lunatic, hangs desperately onto him.  That's an old story.  What I don't get is why he's sticking with her.  I don't get it, I don't get it, I don't get it.

He has 3 kids with Shannon (or is it  two? whatever). I suspect that may have  a lot to do with him staying, at least for now. Yes, she's nuts and needy, is making his life hell but he's the one who cheated and maybe buys into the idea of staying together for the kids. It's a bad idea, I grant but the whole concept of shared custody, especially when Shanon was the wronged party, may look like it would suck worse. And yes, it's an old story.

• Love 1

I've said this soooo many times, I'm almost bored with it (but honestly -- I'm REALLY not).  I totally get why Shannon, the big ole jittery lunatic, hangs desperately onto him.  That's an old story.  What I don't get is why he's sticking with her.  I don't get it, I don't get it, I don't get it.  The guy is hot at hell & has tons of dough.  He can step out his door & in 2 seconds, he could hook up with his choice of zillions of way younger & better looking women -- and even more importantly, way saner & nicer than Shannon.  It's truly a mystery why he stays with her & lets her torture him with the creepy "I'll forgive but never forget" crapola, as well as the never-ending nagging.  Is it only a matter of time before he meets someone uncomplicated & nice & just finally leaves Shannon?  Could be.

IMO, David fears Shannon's wrath! He knows she will set out to destroy him both professionally and personally BUT, IMO, he knows she will do everything to destroy the relationship he has with their daughters and I think he fears that most of all. I can also see Shannon telling him that she will hurt or kill herself if he leaves her, not that I believe she would in fact to anything bad/harmful to herself, but I do think she would threaten to do something. JMO

• Love 5

I've said this soooo many times, I'm almost bored with it (but honestly -- I'm REALLY not). I totally get why Shannon, the big ole jittery lunatic, hangs desperately onto him. That's an old story. What I don't get is why he's sticking with her. I don't get it, I don't get it, I don't get it. The guy is hot at hell & has tons of dough. He can step out his door & in 2 seconds, he could hook up with his choice of zillions of way younger & better looking women -- and even more importantly, way saner & nicer than Shannon. It's truly a mystery why he stays with her & lets her torture him with the creepy "I'll forgive but never forget" crapola, as well as the never-ending nagging. Is it only a matter of time before he meets someone uncomplicated & nice & just finally leaves Shannon? Could be.

Could be a lot of things. Could be that the Shannon we're seeing is an extreme version and normal Shannon is great. Could be he's afraid of what she'll do if he does leave her. Could be he doesn't really believe in divorce either. could be he's still in love with her. My guess is a combination of his guilt over the affair and fear of what Shannon would do if he actually filed for divorce, but who know the ways of David's heart?

• Love 5

Heather and Terry seem desperate to shoehorn specific numbers and pricing into the footage in which they appear. Case in point: their conversation at the Collette party in Napa. Figures make organic sense in the context of Heather's dialogue with the builders but the "private" back and forth between the Dubrows just registers as try-hard and gauche. Although Beverly Hills features opulence and excess, I don't recall a moment in which the women on that show strained so hard to price drop. And, whatever her real problem was with the Bellinos, Heather was the first to feign offense at Alexis's invocation of material goods when even *she* wasn't directly referring the prices and monetary totals from what I can remember.

So true - imo both Heather and Terry come off as very insecure and desperate to impress others.

• Love 9

I'm not a fan of Vicki either but I do have an elderly mother so I can sympathize with her loss.

However, am I the only one who thought it was odd that Vicki had to lie down on the floor because she didn't have a cordless phone and the wire wouldn't reach a chair? I find it hard to believe that Vicki would still have a phone with a wire in her home. That scene had to be staged.

They are at Shannon's house/  I think Vicki is in the craft or gift wrap room.  I was wondering why would Briana find out before Vicki?  I wonder if there is a really strict rule while filming about taking calls.

Remember John Leguizamo in the movie, To Wong Fu, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar?  He played a drag queen, and in one scene he/she was wearing a white lacy, baby doll dress.  He/she also had a really nice looking wig with lots of curls hanging down. That's what Lizzie's out of date dress reminded me of.  

I can't see Jimmy giving a rat's ass who his little woman invited to the party.  He doesn't seem to give a damn about anything Meghan does, as he was constantly bitching when she apparently dragged him to look at furniture, and when she talks to him, he seems more interested in what's going on with his smartphone.  I think this was all on Meghan.  I personally think Meghan is a witch.  She wants so much to get into the OC lifestyle, and to be a queen of that, so I think she'd do anything and step on anyone to be one of the top shelf ladies of the OC.  I hate to tell her, but I don't think her husband's current income can come close to a lot of the real OC doyennes.  He's probably got alimony, child support and all that from his previous marriages.  I do agree that the "oldsters" of the OC are probably infected with some jealousy issues, due to the age difference, but Meghan isn't the nicest or most sincere person on the planet.   

• Love 5

Could be a lot of things. Could be that the Shannon we're seeing is an extreme version and normal Shannon is great. Could be he's afraid of what she'll do if he does leave her. Could be he doesn't really believe in divorce either. could be he's still in love with her. My guess is a combination of his guilt over the affair and fear of what Shannon would do if he actually filed for divorce, but who know the ways of David's heart?

IMO, David fears Shannon's wrath! He knows she will set out to destroy him both professionally and personally BUT, IMO, he knows she will do everything to destroy the relationship he has with their daughters and I think he fears that most of all. I can also see Shannon telling him that she will hurt or kill herself if he leaves her, not that I believe she would in fact to anything bad/harmful to herself, but I do think she would threaten to do something. JMO

Could be he is just a selfish bastard that wants a girlfriend that makes him feel live and a wife and children living in a beautiful home that he can not bear to part with.  Since they agreed to do the show and publicly expose the affair  David's reputation damage is done.  Financially they are no worse or better than any couple in a long term marriage who have to split assets.

I see no evidence that Shannon or David have threatened to hurt themselves. and I hope neither would reveal that to their children or the general public if it were true.

What Shannon has to deal with if David;s girlfriend, is in fact married, is perhaps David's motivation for returning home had more to do with the "other woman" wasn't ready to walk away from her family.   To me that would put Shannon on pins and needles 24/7.

• Love 5

Could be he is just a selfish bastard that wants a girlfriend that makes him feel live and a wife and children living in a beautiful home that he can not bear to part with. Since they agreed to do the show and publicly expose the affair David's reputation damage is done. Financially they are no worse or better than any couple in a long term marriage who have to split assets.

I see no evidence that Shannon or David have threatened to hurt themselves. and I hope neither would reveal that to their children or the general public if it were true.

What Shannon has to deal with if David;s girlfriend, is in fact married, is perhaps David's motivation for returning home had more to do with the "other woman" wasn't ready to walk away from her family. To me that would put Shannon on pins and needles 24/7.

Could be. I'm just saying that since we don't have much of anything to juxtapose their behavior against we don't know how typical Shannon and David are being so it's hard to gage what lead up to the misery we're watching now. Why are they both still there? Who knows? I doubt even they know for sure.

• Love 1

The guy is hot at hell & has tons of dough.

I know this seems to be the general consensus on David's attractiveness, but I don't see it at all. To me he is just decent looking. Most of the time he appears washed-out and tired, and the hen-pecked expression also does him no favors.

• Love 4

Considering that Vicki and Shannon found Meghan's age worth mentioning in this episode (not to mention Vicki's propensity for calling others derogatory terms like "trash"), I don't see why it's particularly bitchy or offensive for Meghan to declare that Vicks is "an old woman who's pissed off and bitter." Vicki has consistently and aggressively gone after women who are prettier and younger than her - at least upon initially meeting them - so I think anger and resentment are indeed demonstrated propensities on her part. I was prepared to find Meghan reprehensible for her attacks on Brooks but after clarification on some points (the misreporting on gossip sites and generally tangled nature of Jim's romantic history proved confusing), I'm willing to reserve judgment on how everything plays out.

• Love 5