Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: Charity Case

• Start Topic

I'm not buying Tamra's nice Christian girl edit this season. I thought Shannon didn't like or trust her after all that went down last season, now they're buds. Same with Tamra and Lizzie. That was some serious hate going on between those two. Now all is ok?  It all feels so fake to me.

Yeah I guess this season Tamrat could be called "Jesus Thug".  Not buying it either. Bet she loves all the juicy gossip she hears  during the prayer meetings at church ammo for later use. I wonder if she has cornered the pastor's wife yet and asked if they do anal?

• Love 5

I like Shannon, and understand she's going through a hard time, but I don't think Meghan was wrong, either. Sure, the bigger thing would have been to invite Shannon, but, I do understand Meghan's point. And she handled the backlash well. I don't know, I just don't get the hate towards her. At all.

I also think a poster up thread hit a nail on the head regarding Heather. She has consistently been someone who has pissed me off -- but as the poster mentioned, I think it's Heather-when-she-is-with-Terry that I hate. She becomes more status obsessed around him, which is what I hate about her. But without him, she's reasonable and actually likable.

But, I'll never like Vickie.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm not a huge fan of JDRF and their involvement in this debacle doesn't help. I prefer camp kudzu. They do a better job of managing their money and their executive salaries are not outrageous. http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=14486

I feel the same way about the Red Cross, not good business/charity practices. I'll donate to The Salvation Army but not to the Red Cross at least with TSA I know the majority of my dollar is going to actual need and assistance and not management. 

The most recent mess. 

http://www.salon.com/2015/06/07/the_red_cross_haiti_disgrace_half_a_billion_dollars_spent_six_homes_built_partner/

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 3
The Salvation Army but not to the Red Cross at least with TSA I know the majority of my dollar is going to actual need and assistance and not management.

You may want to look into that. I've heard that TSA spends a lot of money on "religious conversion" and not assistance. TSA is also anti-LGTB. Just an FYI.

• Love 1

When a middle age man, with fading popularity, thinks with his dick, a Meghan-type is what he deserves. At the end of the party when Meghan says "I made my mark on the OC", I wanted to barf. In the scheme of things within the huge OC hierarchy, she's a minnow, but with the meanness of a Great White.

• Love 8

You may want to look into that. I've heard that TSA spends a lot of money on "religious conversion" and not assistance. TSA is also anti-LGTB. Just an FYI.

We need to let this drop as it is not specific to the episode and we will have to agree to disagree on where their money goes.  I don't like their anti-LGTB stance but I still donate to them.

xoxo

(edited)

Meghan sold medical software--is that considered pharmaceutical sales?

It's better. More money and more competitive, you are selling a more expensive product, but same idea in that you go to hospitals and doctors and try to sell them. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 3

I feel like the house, although it's obviously being built, is sort of a being a played up to be more expensive than it really is. I totally do not believe that Heather saying, "Oh, we are 123,000 over budget, we will take it out of your movie room!" to Terry and Terry saying, "Okay, well, that's alright" is real. That's just made to look Heather look like she has a perfect husband. Also, when the contracters were telling her how much more everything would cost, they were both laughing like it was a joke. If I had a contractor tell me something was going to cost 300% more than I expected, and then LAUGHED I'd punch him in the face. I think it's just for cameras, and Heather told them what to say. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I agree that the budget scenes are staged I just think they make Heather look like an easy mark and the contractor either being incompetent or into bait and switch and neither one looks good, so I don't get why either would go along with the storyline.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
I'm completely over Megan. Who pats their employee on the head and calls them "my little pet"? So condescending.

I took it as a joke...as I would have had I been there.  I think it's something fun between Meghan and her assistant.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think Heather and Terry are going to probably use Home Depot for the majority of the house but want to make it seem really rich. The 340k or whatever it was on cabinets, was, IMO, to give off the idea that they were using a really great wood, but I don't really think they are. I do think they want people to THINK they are. Cabinets  are big deals in the home buying world. 

I think Terry and Heather desperately want to appear incredibly wealthy, but after scratching my head about how the hell they afford that house with all the numbers they are throwing out, it just doesn't make sense. If Terry worked 10 hours a day, that would only be 2-3 surgeries. Just not enough unless he is doing 100k total body do-overs on all his clients. But tummy tucks and nose jobs can't afford that house. No way. My theory is that they are stringing along the house and when they get money in, they do something, and then wait for more money to come in. I also think they will take any cheap alternative they can, and will. Why else would it be SUCH a big deal for Heather to rattle off prices all the time? Especially after she said about Alexis, that if you have money you don't talk about. Now, she is doing the same thing Alexis did, talk about her expensive stuff, yet really it was all fake and knock offs and borrowed from the pawn shop. 

As far as Jimmy, he seems really out of it most of the time. There is like a 10 second pause everytime someone says something to him. Like someone says hi, and 10 seconds later he smiled and says hi. Was he always like that or is he just brain damaged? His facial expressions (or lack of them) aren't normal for a healthy person, he seems like a really old dude who just gets led around. Meghan will have NO problem getting anything she wants from him. When Meghan saw him in the mirror getting ready, looking gorgeous, he didn't even notice her, and she had to make him look at her. I think someone told him, "Hey, that girl is hot, you should marry her." and he did. I doubt she hardly if ever sees his penis. 

From Vicki's Blog:

When I went to Orlando to receive my insurance award, I flew Briana and her family to spend some time with me in Disney World after my convention ended. I was gone a total of 10 days. Brooks had received his chemo treatment on the front end of my trip, so when I returned home he was already through the worst part of his reaction. After he finishes his chemo treatments, it typically takes him 3-4 days to recuperate. Brooks has not had any chemo since filming that scene which was late January, as he elected to do a more aggressive approach of alternative treatments and immune system building therapy.

So suspicious. Vicki is mysteriously gone when Brooks has his treatments. I just Brooks was really getting cancer treatments, Vicki would JUMP at the chance to have that filmed and if Brooks really suffered for days after, she would JUMP at the chance to help him and take care of him, and let everyone see how sick he is. Also, my husband stayed home with me and took the day off last week when I had my wisdom tooth removed. That was a wisdom tooth! But he wanted to make sure I was comfortable and had my pain meds if I needed them. So I don't buy that Vicki would leave Brooks all alone to take care of himself if he really as ill as she claims.  So shady, all of it. 

Edited by bravofan27
(edited)

Oh, and I don't believe that you are helping to raise that 17 year old girl either. Giving her some laughs ... maybe.

I have a brother who is on wife number 3 and his daughters from his first marriage (his only children who are in their 30's now) expressed to us that by the third marriage they were just over it, meaning they were not invested or even interested in getting to know wife number 3.  They were emotionally drained at that point of going through not one, but two divorces.  They had become very attached to wife number 2 and it hurt almost as bad as the divorce from their mother.  My point is, Jim's daughter doesn't give me the impression she likes Meghan that much.  When Jim was being rude and talking down to her in the first episode, his daughter was laughing as if she was enjoying how Meghan was being treated.  It very well could be that she is "over it" in the same way my nieces are.

It is my inference that Shannon knew who Jim is and was possibly acquainted with him. She made a point of emphasizing that Meghan had used a different surname than Edmonds and had thus contributed to Shannon's confusion (the deductive being that if Meghan had referred to herself as Meghan Edmonds, then Shannon would have known who she was).

Shannon said after getting the text with Edmonds added onto the name that she then recognized her as being Heather's friend, not because she was married to Jim Edmonds.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 1

I don't like Meghan very much but her stepdaughter has been on less than two minutes this season and in the 15 seconds we saw her this episode she was smiling at both her mother and Meghan.

• Love 1

The most disturbing thing about tonight's episode for me:  Vickie's comment about everything being Jim's.  What an insult to SAHMs and to marriage.

With this being the age of the prenup, sadly I think Vicki's assessment is more the truth. 

It's not the bragging by the Dubrows that bothers me, it's that Heather consistently talks about how much of this house she has to shoulder and how much work she's put into it. And then in the next scene, there's always some dude telling a very surprised Heather that she is significantly over budget. So, those scenes are either entirely setup or she's not very smart when she's deciding what materials to pick - wouldn't the first question be, is this within our "stone" budget, etc?

She's just not that likeable.  And she's so midwestern sorority girl.  Looks just like a pharmaceutical sales rep.  Would have been interesting if last season we had Edmonds wife # 2 and this season, the current wife.  He could rotate a wife every season or 2.  That'd keep it fresh.

To quote Nurse Jackie, she's a Pharma Babe.  I can't look at one of those reps stalking the halls of my medical office building without thinking of that term.  Thank you, Nurse Jackie.

• Love 2
(edited)

Usually, if the number is not listed as "unknown" or "private" the ID will reflect the phone number and what city and state it originates from. You wouldn't need to know what area code the call came from. At least that is how it works on my iPhone.

Exactly, I see this on my cell from time to time. On the history of my phone over the last month, I have calls labeled: "unknown" "private" and one that says California with an Orange County area code and another from Pontiac, Michigan. I live in more than one house (I have a main residence, summer home & vacation home, all East coast, 3 states) that I go back & forth My cell is based on my New England home state. I often have people tell me that the first time I call them they see my state and # showing up on their phone. However, this doesn't happen to everyone, so it's either the type of phone they are using or the ways the settings work per contact information. So, I may know people from San Diego, OC, and Los Angeles, but no one that I really know since my brother left La Jolla. I know some people from Michigan. So, when I decide, sometimes, to answer my phone when I'm not aware of who would be calling me, it's a quick decision based on who it could possibly be that might have a reason to call.

With that said, sometimes I may answer the call, but often I do not. Usually I ignore calls, but it's my prerogative to sometimes answer even if I usually don't...not sure what the big deal is here...Shannon was not being rude, just reacting to a call from someone claiming to know you, when you don't realize you know if the person, especially since Meghan wasn't correct about Shannon's involvement. It is also clear that with Jimmy & her assistant sitting there witnessing the phone call that the call was planned for filming. Shannon was confused and Meghan was annoyed that Shannon wasn't jumping right in with giddy for someone she doesn't even know.

I guess I'm rude too!

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 9

I'm not a fan of Vicki either but I do have an elderly mother so I can sympathize with her loss.

However, am I the only one who thought it was odd that Vicki had to lie down on the floor because she didn't have a cordless phone and the wire wouldn't reach a chair? I find it hard to believe that Vicki would still have a phone with a wire in her home. That scene had to be staged.

It never occurred to me that it was about the cord reach.  I thought that was a genuine grief/shock floor crumple.   It would make me think of her as an honest to God terrible human being if she'd "re-enacted" a reaction to her mother's death.  But even now, with these women, I'm still kind of gullible, so there's that.   Formed an O with my mouth at learning what the news on the phone was, you guys told me, I had no idea she lost her mom.   Aww man, that's so sad.  We just heard her voice on the phone while Vicki and Brooks are on the way to the airport.  

• Love 3

It's better. More money and more competitive, you are selling a more expensive product, but same idea in that you go to hospitals and doctors and try to sell them.

Pharma sales are great paying jobs. Most people I know that do it long term and are men though! Usually attractive to people that are good at sales that are willing to take more risk.

I also hear people (women) say they want to do it to meet husbands! It's becoming the MRS. Degree but with the short term job coming first. I know that lots of people do it and make good money and it's an honorable job. I'm just saying that's the gossip I've heard from some given for why they want to do it. That's why I chuckled when Meghan said she gave up her lucrative medical software job to commit to Jimmy...snark. So predictable.

• Love 4

One thing we're forgetting with respect to Heather's house is the fact that builders always give you such low allowances for everything in a new house. When we redid our bathroom, the contractors all provided allowances in their final bids, but have you ever seen how low those allowances are? For example, they all had $3 a square foot allowance for tile, but have you seen what $3 buys? Horrible, cheap tile in ugly colors. It was the same for the allowances for fixtures. The builders allowance for all fixtures, including a new toilet and all faucets was insanely low-----the allowance would have only allowed us to buy cheap, plastic faucets instead of long lasting metal. So, I guess that these allowances apply whether you're building a $250,000 house or a $20,000,000 one.

• Love 2

I guess I'm rude too!

Scoot over then. I'll sit with you. I'm rude, too. I don't answer unknown numbers on my phone. If it's important, they will leave a voice mail, or text, then call back. If it's a random call? No voice mail or text follows. So far, so good. Even reverse 911 will leave a message.

• Love 10
(edited)

Shannon said very clearly in a recent interview she helped research doctors who practice traditional western medicine with practitioners who also use homeopathic and nutrition based modalities.   Vicki said in her blog today that Brooks is going in for a scan tomorrow and had not had chemo since January.  On an unnecessary  tit for tat note, Vicki also commented on the seemingly well appearance of LeeAnn Horton and was surprised she was terminal.  Maybe RHOC should leave the cancer patients out of the mix.  I would think that Vicki would not go along with Brooks faking cancer.

I'll never understand this whole thing about someone faking anything. Look even if it's a possibility I'm appalled that people would even dare to go to that disrespectful place until they are absolutely sure someone is IN FACT faking an illness like that. Look, I'm one not to take things like that lightly and if someone claims it then God Almighty unless someone shows me absolute proof that they are lying I sure as hell know I won't be the one giving any side eye, skepticism, third degree because you just don't do that especially if you're not even involved in his care real OR fake. If it comes out that he was lying then save the vitrol for when it comes out but to be administering disrespectful claims when you're not even a part of the mans day in and day out life? I think it's disgusting. And I would feel the same way if it comes out that he has been lying then THAT'S when people can say what the hell ever they want to say but if all people have at this point are suspicions then shut the hell up. I'm appalled at the concept because all I keep thinking about is well what if he does have cancer? Wow just wow! I would rather err on the side humane than inhumane. Of course someone who fakes cancer is no one that deserves such consideration but if we don't know that for sure then as it stands all this disrespectful behavior is aimed at someone that for what seems to be the case actually has cancer and to me that is just downright repulsive. I'm not looking forward to the upcoming witch hunt this season because right or wrong who takes that chance? Eddie's behavior with that fake sneeze was just nasty to me cause from I can tell no one is basing their skepticism on anything more than it being Brooks and the fact that he's not giving them anything visual that proves his illness cause ya know that should be his prority. Making sure he looks sick enough to claim the ailment and that's just fucked up no matter who we are talking about.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 8

I doubt Brooks is faking his cancer. I'm sure that Vicky has gone with him to consults. Plus the infusion chair is hard to fake as well.  I have worked in medical oncology and no one would subject themselves to that if they didn't have to -- and it is extremely expensive. Not all cancer patients want to be around people after chemo.  Many want to be left alone and don't want someone pushing food on them.. in fact, cooking smells can be a trigger for vomiting.  It is an ordeal to get through. It is helpful though to have someone you can call that can take you to the ED if you start running a fever or if the nausea and vomiting is uncontrolled.

• Love 5
(edited)

Just watching the show now on DVR and WOWZA.  The kiss Megan tried to throw to her uninterested husband who didn't even pretend to pucker up was something else.  Someone needs to make a gif out of that BYE FELICIA kiss.

Not to mention, she is one of those women that is doing the charity deal so people can say "Oh and by the way, isn't she a sweetheart?"  There doesn't seem to be a genuine bone in her body to me.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 10
(edited)

Exactly, I see this on my cell from time to time. On the history of my phone over the last month, I have calls labeled: "unknown" "private" and one that says California with an Orange County area code and another from Pontiac, Michigan. I live in more than one house (I have a main residence, summer home & vacation home, all East coast, 3 states) that I go back & forth My cell is based on my New England home state. I often have people tell me that the first time I call them they see my state and # showing up on their phone. However, this doesn't happen to everyone, so it's either the type of phone they are using or the ways the settings work per contact information. So, I may know people from San Diego, OC, and Los Angeles, but no one that I really know since my brother left La Jolla. I know some people from Michigan. So, when I decide, sometimes, to answer my phone when I'm not aware of who would be calling me, it's a quick decision based on who it could possibly be that might have a reason to call.

With that said, sometimes I may answer the call, but often I do not. Usually I ignore calls, but it's my prerogative to sometimes answer even if I usually don't...not sure what the big deal is here...Shannon was not being rude, just reacting to a call from someone claiming to know you, when you don't realize you know if the person, especially since Meghan wasn't correct about Shannon's involvement. It is also clear that with Jimmy & her assistant sitting there witnessing the phone call that the call was planned for filming. Shannon was confused and Meghan was annoyed that Shannon wasn't jumping right in with giddy for someone she doesn't even know.

I guess I'm rude too!

Totally agree. If I were Shannon after the way Meghan blew this up I'd block her completely or send her to automatic voice mail. Rude bitch. If she wanted to talk to her it would be in front of witnesses and never alone. I don't trust Meghan and I would deal with her carefully. If Shannon gets burned by anyone this season it's her own damn fault. I would not make a good "Real Housewife" I wouldn't put up with half the crap they do..

I don't see myself as rude. It's my phone, computer and house. I bought and paid for them, I pay the bills. I get to decide if I answer, respond, or open the door. If I don't want to be disturbed It is my right to walk past a window while you knock on my door and not open it. I am "not at home" at that time receiving visitors. I add repetitive, unknown,and spam phone numbers to my one Blocked Calls contact. My security program allows their calls, messaging, and emails to be blocked so I never have to deal with them again. My phone itself just sends them to voice mail, not good enough. My time is my own and I choose how to spend it.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 9
I doubt Brooks is faking his cancer. I'm sure that Vicky has gone with him to consults. Plus the infusion chair is hard to fake as well.

I wish I could bring myself to believe.  Because I'm not a regular viewer I haven't seen Brooks OR Vicki at any meetings with doctors.  This is television, so the infusion chair is something even I could fake.  

I would not make a good "Real Housewife" I wouldn't put up with half the crap they do.

They'll all do ANYTHING for fame and money.

• Love 1
(edited)

I am in the minority, but I am repulsed by the Dubrow's house building scenes and the constant dollar tags. And how the hell can the cabinets alone be $135,000 over budget?! What are they, carved ivory?! Jeebus, that is just a gross, pretentious expenditure of money. Many people's homes don't cost $135,00 and Heather is over budget that much on cabinets. Yeah, that's a great use of money.

Look, I agree it's their money and they can waste it anyway they want, but I don't want to see the glee in which they are doing it. All to construct a house that is too big, too cold, and too grandiose just for the sake of being grandiose. None of that is my idea of a home. I love house porn, but I want to see homes, not monuments to ostentatiousness.

I'm right there with you.

I do love house porn, but their last house looked more like a mausoleum to me.  And I get the sense that Heather really enjoys throwing out those over budget numbers so we all bow to her wealth.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 7

"Jimmy and I also have a house in St. Louis...and by the way, there's this kid with diabetes..."  Holy fuck, this woman.  Jimmy looks like he was forced into this marriage because she has something on him.

• Love 4

Because it was the ex's marital home and she wants *her own* house. *eye roll*

My guess is the home is too expensive and his wealth is not nearly what it once was.  But instead of doing the "we're downsizing" she's making it sound like she wants her own place.  No, they aren't the poors!  We have a house in STL too! 

I allow Meghan a bit of leeway over the illness as I expect she has some panic over the thought of raising a teenage girl without relief from her mom - at least until Jim's next wife takes over the duty.  

I think the woman Meghan pays to cook, clean, and be her friend will ultimately be the one who raises their teenage girl.

• Love 4

I do love house porn, but their last house looked more like a mausoleum to me.  And I get the sense that Heather really enjoys throwing out those over budget numbers so we all bow to her wealth.  

She and Terry did the same thing when she was talking about opening a restaurant.  They were saying shit like, "So we spend a million dollars.  If it doesn't work out, we'll just move on."  They wanted everyone to know that a million bucks was chicken feed to them.

In an unrelated matter, I wish Heather would get her clichés straight.  If she's going to use the worn-out DEFCON reference to imply a battle royale is on the horizon, she needs to learn that DEFCON 4 is a low-level state of readiness on the 1-to-5 scale, with 1 being the highest.

http://www.wikihow.com/Understand-the-Defcon-Scale

• Love 6
Then Shannon was invited already and Meghan never called her directly to rescind the charity invite so she could have gone if she wanted to........UNLESS...... she wanted to cause a stink! LOL

Well, even if she had been directly invited by the charity, I can understand not wanting to attend at someone's home when you know you are unwanted. 

Also, do they allow you to take home food from the airport food court?

Of course you can, although I'm not really sure why you'd want to.  Most airport salads are like $15 for what should be $5 - but her salad did look pretty good so maybe it was from an actual restaurant in the airport. 

I don't think Shannon was invited by JDRF at all.  If she was then she wouldn't need Megan's invitation.  She likely assumed she was going because Bravo tells them all of group events ahead of time.  It's only for cameras that they have to film them being invited.  

• Love 1

Hey, I thought people in the Midwest were supposed to be nice.  Thanks asshole Meghan for tearing that one to shreds.

My horrible bro lives in the Minnesota and his take on Midwest niceness is along the lines of, well, yes they are in fact very nice. Of course they'll also turn around, smile and sue your ass as fast as anyone.

I don't have watch this show on a regular basis...I know I saw a snippy Shannon tell Megan that she STARTS charities.  It was obvious to me she didn't want to be involved in some no-name newcomer's charity event--no matter what it was.  From further conversation, it sounded like both JDRF and Megan would invite guests. Why wasn't Shannon Numero Uno on the JDRF guest list if she's so special and so involved?

It sounded to me like Shannon was a regular attendee to these charity events, judging by someone's reaction to her not being invited.

• Love 1
(edited)

Why the heck did he marry her?  Was her skill with that long long long wine bottle a hint?  The look on asshole Jimmy's smug mug, while she doing that vulgar shit to the wine bottle, said I am so busted.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2
(edited)

Boring episode. When is this season going to get started?

Yeah, yeah that sure is nice how tall thin 30 Meghan gets along with the ex middle aged cancer suffering wife. Eye roll.

Meghan looks like a thin number two yellow pencil with a large eraser head with one flat side. And about as interesting as one. 

Does that Lizzie wear anything that fits properly and doesn't look dated? Those giant melons once packed in again in the white tight empire waisted baby doll sleeved dress with her ringlet barrel hair curls. Just no. 

Vicki is seeming more and more likable and rational this season. Happier, calmer, mature and more self aware. At long last. So that just may signal that this franchise is coming to its end. Oh she did have one mixed metaphor: when calling Meghan, she did say "stake in the sand"...not line in the sand. Ahh, that's more like our old Vicki.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 5
(edited)

The housewives said there would be less petty stuff like chairgate...but phone gate has dominated the last two episodes...when I'd rather have seen tamra getting ready to be a grandma, Shannon with her daughters, vicki in florida, Heather doing something other then build her house...and Meghan with her new step daughter.

http://www.chicagonow.com/confessions-coffeeholic/2015/07/real-housewives-hazardous-to-health/

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Love 2

Shannon's blog:

When hosting a charity event, it should always be only about the charity. I had already received a "Save the Date" email about the party, so of course assumed I would be attending. When I had dinner with Vicki and Tamra, I found it odd that I had not received an "official" invitation after the "Save the Date", which typically happens.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-10/blogs/shannon-beador/shannon-i-am-moving-forward

Meghan's blog:

There was no prodding from production for me to talk to Shannon about this or to make the phone call in the first place, it was all my idea.

It was plain for all to see Shannon wanted nothing to do with me. Additionally, who calls someone to tell them they aren't invited? That's just weird. And she made it clear that she was upset I had her private cell number so there was no way in hell I was going to call her unless she gave me her number personally. Lastly, Jimmy didn't want Shannon at our home because of her blow up in Napa. He knew how hard I had been working on the JDRF party and how stressed I was with our upcoming move that he told me she was not allowed to step foot in our home until I had de-stressed from our move. Jimmy and I made it clear to Shannon and David after the fact that it was Jimmy's idea to not invite the Beadors and there were no hard feelings.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-10/blogs/meghan-king-edmonds/meghan-there-was-no-ambush

Huh?  You weren't going to call her unless she called to give you a number you already had and used?   If there are any math tutors on the board, when you understand it, please explain it to me.

• Love 2

Not inviting one of the wives to something on all franchises is now an predictable and expected drama plot maker. So, does production ask one wife to not invite somebody each season in one franchise? Its becoming so boring. 

• Love 2
(edited)

There is so much weirdness about the invites for this charity event are so weird because of not wanting to break the fourth wall, the invites should have gone out at least a month if not more before the event which would have been well before the Napa trip, if Shannon wasn't wealthy and didn't have a previous relationship with the charity and was just Lizzie or Tamra I would have just assumed she was a production invite so short notice isn't an issue but a charity not inviting someone who has been involved and has money to donate seems really unusual.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3

The Meghan/Shannon drama seems all producer driven to me in order to give Meghan a story line.  It reminds me of when Joyce was all upset with Vanderpump for some forgettable reason at the beginning of her season. Except that Joyce couldn't carry it very long.  She was too nice of a person.  Looks like Meghan isn't nice, so she's running hard with it in hopes she doesn't get the end of season boot.

• Love 5

I was more offended by Meghan walking up to Heather and Tamra and telling them that they weren't allowed to gossip about the situation. What the heck? One of those smart ladies needed to tell Meghan that she is not actually the boss of them and that they can sure as hell talk about any topic they want, including how she is a bitch.

And lord help me I do like the Tamra/Vicks relationship when they are getting along. It's highly entertaining to me!

• Love 8

Heather and Tamra are free to talk shit about Meghan, but Meghan is free to approach them and confront them about it when said discussion is *occurring while they are guests in her home* . . . I don't find Meghan's decision to refrain from telephoning Shannon confusing. Shannon made it a considerable point of contention that her number was private and - gasp! - someone had breached that privacy by distributing the contact information to Meghan. Cool, so Meghan simply won't call her then. It's as understandable to me as if Shannon had declined to revisit Heather's house once Heather ejected her from the premises last season . . . Since Meghan never verbally communicated with Shannon, she didn't explicitly rescind any invitation, so JDRF never invited Shannon either. This was initially confusing to me until Shannon herself clarified that she had partnered with Orange Coast magazine and had met JDRF staff as a byproduct of that; her history with them is apparently not especially deep. Meghan missed an opportunity to potentially score money from Shannon, but, in terms of protocol, Shannon received a save-the-date, not an invitation. The entire raison d'etre for two-step invitation processes is to encompass changing circumstances. Meghan mentioned the event generally on the bus from what I can glean but never expressly invited Shannon.

• Love 2

Hey, I thought people in the Midwest were supposed to be nice.  Thanks asshole Meghan for tearing that one to shreds.

Isn't Vicks from the Midwest too? I'd thank her first. She's been disproving that theory for close to a decade now.

• Love 5