Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PERSONAL Life After The View

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Qoass said:

Is it possible that Rosie O'Donnell has locked herself in a safe room to prevent herself from trying to adopt LJ?  She's got a thing for babies in distress!

I don't think LJ is in distress.  He seems like a happy little boy who is loved by his Dad who happens to be a user/taker.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

If we reverse the genders.  A man who is a tv personality and his wife hire a surrogate to have a baby.  They divorce, mom raises the baby on her own, dad says he was tricked, doesn't want to be the dad, wants to move on with his career, and bitches about paying child support.  Yeah, that guy is an asshole.  So is Sherri.

• Love 18

Sherri just periscoped about a fight at a funeral. I think some guy rushed Snoop and Snoop's bodyguard took him down. Sherry is overwhelmed and crying about how disrespectful it was to the deceased, but not so overwhelmed that she refrained from exposing that family live on periscope. Everything is not for public consumption Sherri.

• Love 10

Why in the world would you publicize something like that, something you are claiming you found so shocking and so offensive?  Isn't it bad enough that it happened?  Must the world be privy to the aftermath?  

Oh, who am I kidding.  If Sherri had managed to capture footage of the brawlers crashing into the casket and the dearly departed rolling out of his coffin and across the floor, she would have posted it.   This woman has no sense at all.  NONE. 

• Love 10

Wait...she put it on Periscope?  I think she could get in trouble if someone wanted to pursue the issue.  But, and correct me if Im wrong, but how is any different than that girl who snapped the old woman also changing in the gym and made a snide remark. They threw the book at her and I believe she was found guilty. This thing with Sherry might cross some privacy laws.

• Love 2

WOW! I didn't know of that platform. I don't know why she chose to post that. Then again, with all the available sites and platforms, I guess some people actually live on the web. Now my smart ass self said," Martha Stewart took down the threat to Snoop."

Carry on. I'll be in the corner or prayer closet.  

59 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Why in the world would you publicize something like that, something you are claiming you found so shocking and so offensive?  Isn't it bad enough that it happened?  Must the world be privy to the aftermath?  

Oh, who am I kidding.  If Sherri had managed to capture footage of the brawlers crashing into the casket and the dearly departed rolling out of his coffin and across the floor, she would have posted it.   This woman has no sense at all.  NONE. 

This is Sherry here, who needed to go to the library, to figure out, if the world was round or not.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

It was outside the church. I think the difference might be the expectation of privacy. One would expect it inside a gym, but outside not. 

Yeah, people milling around on a public street is different from a woman being naked in a locker room.  You can't really expect privacy on the street so it's not going to be a crime.  But - that being said - I don't think most of those people knew Sherri was taping them.  She seemed to be kind of sneaky with her camera, like she was holding at an angle so people wouldn't know she was taping.  She knew she should not be doing that and that people wouldn't appreciate it.  At least I know I wouldn't.  But she was doin' it anyway.  So self-involved, so self-righteous...

I would love to hear her rationale for posting that mess. It wasn't news. There were no shocking images and no one of note actually appeared in her little video. It was just her huffing and exclaiming about how bad it all was.  Just wanting attention. Complaining about the inappropriate behavior of others by behaving inappropriately herself. 

Ugh.  I am letting this bother me too much.  I suppose it is my anger about her tweeting what she did about LJ not being her son in the eyes of god.  That is still irking the piss out of me! 

• Love 9
On 1/2/2017 at 4:35 AM, Stacee said:

Or better yet learn what NOT to do in choosing a mate - because this one was a huge dud.

Dud, meet Duddette.  Duddette, meet Dud.  You two will make loud music together for a minute or two.

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:17 AM, ginger90 said:

Looks like Sherri removed the video. Too bad she didn't have some common sense before hitting "post".

Sherri having common sense?  Oh honey that shipped sailed a loooooong time ago.

• Love 5

Can someone please give Sherri some dignity so she stops showing her ass all the damn time, broadcasting her business for all the world to laugh at?

It's not cute to rag on the fathers of your children this way, or to constantly remind people what a damn fool you were to hook up with such losers in the first place, Sherri.  Just FYI.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, rcc said:

Okay, maybe Sherri gives up too much information on her life and ideas but this tweet is true. Those two lazy ass men refuse to become gainfully employed while Sherri works and hustles to pay the bills. I may not agree with her all the time but I do this time.

I'm not sure how much of a break on alimony/child support Sherri would really get if her ex's went out and got jobs.  Neither one of them is going to have nearly her earning potential, and isn't that what her payments are based upon?  How much SHE earns, as compared to them?  There would be some offset based on what they earn, but since the disparity is so great, Sherri is going to end up paying them a decent amount of money whether they have jobs or not.

Plus the bulk of the money she pays to Sal is for the benefit of HER SON WITH HIM.  So she can just shut her pathetic yap about having to pay that, as far as I am concerned.  She is not entitled to complain about it one bit! 

• Love 10
29 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I'm not sure how much of a break on alimony/child support Sherri would really get if her ex's went out and got jobs.  Neither one of them is going to have nearly her earning potential, and isn't that what her payments are based upon?  How much SHE earns, as compared to them?  There would be some offset based on what they earn, but since the disparity is so great, Sherri is going to end up paying them a decent amount of money whether they have jobs or not.

Plus the bulk of the money she pays to Sal is for the benefit of HER SON WITH HIM.  So she can just shut her pathetic yap about having to pay that, as far as I am concerned.  She is not entitled to complain about it one bit! 

If Sherry was a man, complaining, about, his ex-wives living, off of him, via, child support, people would be up in arms about it.  Nobody would say that the ladies are losers and should go get jobs.   I don't feel sorry for her at all.  Her case, is even worst, because, she went through a surrogate, to have a child.  It is not a cheap endeavor.  We had to hear all about her wedding, how Sal, was perfection personified, how they had sex in a closet, at their wedding, while their guests were dancing.  We also had to hear about her huzzband wanting  a son, (Poor Jeffrey, I guess he was not good enough) and that they were shopping around, for a surrogate, with a good uterus, on and on. If the rumors are true, both Whoopie and Baba wawa, warned her, not, to marry, Sal.  They knew that he was bad news.  She wanted a husband and she got one..Sherry made poor choices and now she has to live, with, the consequences of that, just like everybody, who has ever made, a mistake, in life.  My heart is with her baby son, who will grow up, to find out, his mother who purports, to be a Christian, rejected him, before, he was born..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11

If the rumors are true, both Whoopie and Baba wawa, warned her, not, to marry, Sal.  

But she and Bitsy prayed on it, and decided it was okay (true story that Sherri told on the show).

I had not heard those rumors but am not surprised, given that Babs was quite pointed when Sherri announced her engagement about whether she was sure he was a good match etc.

Maybe this is why nobody except Bitsy went to the wedding. And LOL, Joy got surprise-married the same weekend and stole some of the thunder.

Ugh, just found this article. They actually prepared a press release announcing the proposal and released it to People magazine at the time!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1344138/The-View-host-Sherri-Shepard-announces-engagement.html

18 hours ago, rcc said:

I was reading the comments on this twitter thread and Sherri sure has her defenders.    One poor stupid person said Sherri didn't force anyone to be a surrogate.  No she didn't force but she did hire someone.  And the same stupid twit said Sherri didn't provide the sperm.  No she did not but her husband did.  For the life of me I do not understand Sherri's appeal to people.   She has some comic talent but not nearly enough to override her colossal lack of common sense and preachy attitude about things she thinks she is an expert on (weight loss, Christianity, men).  I give her credit for having the career she has maintained for all these years but that doesn't mean I have to think she deserves it.

• Love 7

I'm sorry, I don't know how a person can simultaneously champion democracy and support martial law. (Even if it is for a "good" reason...Poland instituted martial law in the 1980s, purportedly to stave off a Soviet intervention, but the military should never have any control over civil society.)

This has been a hard election for many of us and especially her, given how he personally attacked her.  But I really hope her friends and family check in on her. This sounds like a breakdown.

• Love 2

I was watching Today and their 65th anniversary special. There were a lot of clips of Barbara, but no appearance. Between this and the noshow of the 20th anniversary of The View, I hope she is in good health. It's not like her to miss these celebrations. She seemed just as proud of cohosting the Today Show as she was of starting the View. 

'Huge victory' for Sherri in child  support case. --- 

Lamar Sally, Sherri Shepherd’s ex-husband, has been shut down in his latest attempt for increased child support for the former couple’s 2-year-old son.

Last month, Sally, who receives $6,400!!!! monthly child support payments, fully-covered healthcare benefits and substantial life insurance policy from Shepherd, filed legal papers in a California court requesting the former “The View” co-host pay what her legal team called an “exorbitant and absurd” monthly increase in addition to $75,000 in attorney fees and costs, according to a statement provided to The Huffington Post by Shepherd’s rep:  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sherri-shepherd-wins-huge-victory-in-child-support-case_us_5886be65e4b0e3a7356b8cc1?section=us_black-voices&

• Love 3

Sherri actually retweeted articles claiming her victory. I have to wonder why she's commenting now. There was a time when she was quiet about it. Different lawyers? Stupidity? I don't think Sherri is any better than Sal. They both suck. I believe he did this filing in the wrong state, so it's not over. I feel sorry for both sons. 

She was ranting and this was part of it

https://mobile.twitter.com/SherriEShepherd/status/824018274123849728?p=v

Like I said, they both suck. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/SherriEShepherd/status/824080910589063172?p=v

• Love 4
On 1/11/2017 at 3:22 PM, Apprentice79 said:

If Sherry was a man, complaining, about, his ex-wives living, off of him, via, child support, people would be up in arms about it.  Nobody would say that the ladies are losers and should go get jobs.   I don't feel sorry for her at all.  Her case, is even worst, because, she went through a surrogate, to have a child.  It is not a cheap endeavor.  We had to hear all about her wedding, how Sal, was perfection personified, how they had sex in a closet, at their wedding, while their guests were dancing.  We also had to hear about her huzzband wanting  a son, (Poor Jeffrey, I guess he was not good enough) and that they were shopping around, for a surrogate, with a good uterus, on and on. If the rumors are true, both Whoopie and Baba wawa, warned her, not, to marry, Sal.  They knew that he was bad news.  She wanted a husband and she got one..Sherry made poor choices and now she has to live, with, the consequences of that, just like everybody, who has ever made, a mistake, in life.  My heart is with her baby son, who will grow up, to find out, his mother who purports, to be a Christian, rejected him, before, he was born..

I just learned about all of this today. I can't believe that she tried to keep her name off the birth certificate to stick the surrogate with the child support. Sherri is quite terrible. My heart goes out to the child.

• Love 4

Why in hell is Sherri fixated on what Sal says in his dating profile? Get over it! This is "conduct unbecoming" anyone. This is not junior high.

The intention of child support is to ensure that the child has the kind of financial support that he or she would have had if the parents had stayed together. I am hardly a Sal fan, but if Sherri has had a huge bump in her income, then that should be reflected in what she pays for LJ.

I cannot believe she is now saying that she had nothing to do with instigating the birth of LJ. Does she think we didn't see her saying so on The View for years?

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Sherri has alternative facts.

Sherri has a lot of fucking nerve.  We all saw her on the View talking about as Maggiemae said a drama free uterus.  Whether she was "conned" by Sal or not is irrelevant.  Stupidity is not an excuse to void a contract.  And yes HunterHunted her wanting to refuse to have her name on the birth certificate which would have made the surrogate financially liable for the child is simply disgusting.  This woman does you a favor (and yes she was paid for it) and you want her to pay for a child you initiated bringing into this world.  So glad Sherri is off my TV screen.

• Love 11

Sherri posted a dating app profile of Sal where he claims to be making much more than he supposedly earns as a substitute teacher. Her complaint was, he has some other source of income.

If I were her, I would be more concerned that he is claiming the child support he gets for the baby has *his* income. That money should have nothing to do with Sal.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Sherri should insist on a third party neutral trustee or guardian to administer the child support. Demand receipts. It is wrong for Sherri to disavow responsibility for this baby. It is also wrong for Sal to use him as his meal ticket.

• Love 8

I think the IRS counts child support as the income of the custodial parent. Legally, I think Sal has to claim it as income to him, since LJ can't file tax returns yet.

The intention of child support is to try to ensure that the child has the same financial advantages s/he would have had if the parents had never divorced. So if Sal can only provide a one-bedroom apartment on his salary and Sherri is living in a 10-room villa with staff and a swimming pool (I have no idea where or how either of them is living, this is hypothetical only), then the child support could and should go into a better living situation for LJ, and it leaks over into Sal's living situation, since he's the custodial parent. It can go for LJ to have better schooling, a place to live in a better school district, live-in care, and good clothes. It can't go toward Sal's entertainment, or things that will be used by Sal alone (say, a really nice cell phone or computer). The custodial parent will nearly always have the side advantage of things that go for the child being shared by the parent. If Sherri thinks she is being taken advantage of and/or that Sal is using child support payments to buy things that are not for LJ, she can always go back to court to dispute how Sal is spending the child support.

Unfortunately, she does not have the ability to let things go. She will be in and out of court forEVER over this. She simply doesn't have the ability to see that she made an error and it's time to pull up her big girl panties and live with the consequences. She simply cannot see that she is causing irreparable harm to her professional reputation and to the child whose birth she engineered.

• Love 5

I remember when I was like 8 or 9 and got the idea that the child support my Mom got for me was supposed to be spent on everything I wanted. I wanted to know why it was called child support if it wasn't for me. I mentioned it to the Asshole who helped create me while on visitation one weekend and he actually told me a lot of what @ChicagoCita said. I love the way Judge Judy explains it to guys on her show who try and say they buy what their kid needs when the Mom tells them it's needed. She goes down the list of what kids need to live like utilities, clothes and other stuff that keeps a house running like it should. It peeves so many of them off because they don't get an attaboy for buying diapers and formula every so often.

My Mom had to take Asshole to court when I was young so he'd pay through the state because he was doing stupid stuff like deducting the cost of envelopes, money orders and stamps he used to mail it to my Mom. They also made it to where he couldn't drop insurance for no reason other then to be an ass only to start it again when what he was doing was called out by his lawyer. I had to have eye surgery twice and couldn't have one of them done on the first try because when the office went to run the insurance to verify it the morning of. He had dropped it between the time I had gotten blood tests and etc. needed for pre-op stuff and the day of the surgery. Sadly some people who help to create kids have to be forced to take responsibility in a proper way by the law.

• Love 4

My dad didn't pay child support when I was a kid because he was devastated by the divorce. My parents are both dead now (whimper), but managed to remain friendly while I was a kid -- FOR MY SAKE. I didn't know about the child support situation until I was in college and my mom sued my dad to try to recover some of it. I am so glad that they remained civil because I wasn't used as a go-between and neither of them said anything bad about the other until I was grown. I wish Sherri had the same maturity as two 25-year-olds did in my case. I never felt torn. Poor LJ will have to contend with knowing that Sherri has said publicly that God knows LJ is not her child in any way, shape, or form. The immaturity of this woman is jaw-dropping... she's got to be close to 50 by now?! LJ will be the one with the psychic scars from her inability to shut up and/or grow up. I'm not on Team Sal or Team Sherri, but I am on Team LJ.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Poor LJ will have to contend with knowing that Sherri has said publicly that God knows LJ is not her child in any way, shape, or form. The immaturity of this woman is jaw-dropping... she's got to be close to 50 by now?! LJ will be the one with the psychic scars from her inability to shut up and/or grow up. I'm not on Team Sal or Team Sherri, but I am on Team LJ.

And how will Jeffrey feel? I don't give 2 shits about Sherri and Sal. The surrogacy 'situation' is of interest though even if it weren't these 2 morons. Poorkids, and I feel bad for the surrogate too.

• Love 3

I had a child support situation years ago. I came up with an amount for my ex to pay until it was official with an order. My ex thought I was ripping him off. So, Domestic Relations ran everything through and he had been paying $3.00 less a month than what they came up with. Idiot. We stayed on decent terms regardless.

• Love 3