Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PERSONAL Life After The View

• Start Topic

Ugh I just noticed the flag on her shirt in her profile photo for Instagram. I loathe her and her husband's empty patriotism. None of them have suffered any personal sacrifice (why didn't Tim enlist, like Pat Tillman did?) yet they are always associating themselves with the military. Even the charity they work for just allows them to run 10-Ks etc with vets...something they would probably do anyway. It's their version of "stolen valor."

• Love 7

That charity may be the best charity in the world, but I would not donate to it so long as she's involved with it. Luckily there are other charities that help military and their families (Fisher House, ISO, etc.) 

• Love 1

I hate the flag being used as clothing. And cowboy boots? Marginally better than flag shorts. Hm. Maybe not.

And I'm quite certain it's not listed as an appropriate usage according to Flag Etiquette.

'The flag should not be used as a drapery, or for covering a speakers desk, draping a platform, or for any decoration in general. Bunting of blue, white and red stripes is available for these purposes. The blue stripe of the bunting should be on the top.

The flag should never be used for any advertising purpose. It should not be embroidered, printed or otherwise impressed on such articles as cushions, handkerchiefs, napkins, boxes, or anything intended to be discarded after temporary use. Advertising signs should not be attached to the staff or halyard

The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, fireman, policeman and members of patriotic organizations.

The flag should never have placed on it, or attached to it, any mark, insignia, letter, word, number, figure, or drawing of any kind.

The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.'

They can be burned in a dignified manner.

I'm a stickler for USFlag etiquette.

Bite me, Bitsy.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 8

In Kathy Griffin's latest book Kathy Griffin's Celebrity Run Ins has a section about Elisabeth Hasselbeck.  Kathy saw her at a function and Ali Wentworth and Jessica Seinfeld who are Kathy's friends said "Oh no there is going to be trouble."  And Kathy said no that what had happened on the View between them wasn't serious and that they were both professionals and could get past it.  Kathy then goes to say hi to EH and EH completely ignored her. 

Can't say I'm surprised.  EH has shown herself to be an immature petty brat.  Her not being anywhere I might see her on my TV screen has been a blessing.

• Love 17

I was watching ENews Live just now (don't  hate me... nothing else on the tube) and they mentioned that Lamar Sally is suing Sherri for 75K more for his legal expenses while he sues her for increased child support.

Man, I sure missed the boat when it came to asking for child support! No. Wait. When I divorced and my ex and I had joint custody, I said I wanted zero child support because the divorce was my idea and if I couldn't make it on my own then I would have to suffer the consequences. It is surprising how deciding to do that forced me to get my act together, get a better job, and to be the best mom I could be. My son is in his thirties now and one of the things he tells people who are going through their own divorces is the fact that his mom didn't rely on his dad but did it for herself. And the fact that he is married to a woman who has a great career and really admires her for her ambition doesn't surprise me.

Lamar Sally doesn't need any more of Sherri's money. He should be ashamed of himself. But I think that was long gone before she even met him.

• Love 10
On 10/9/2016 at 4:14 PM, merriebreeze said:

Rosie's tweet 

https://m.facebook.com/karen.finley.144/posts/10211297195484518?comment_id=10211297841220661&reply_comment_id=10211299796029530¬if_t=feed_comment¬if_id=1475954822343731 

Wish I knew how to copy & paste Karen Finley's fb post. Powerful. And I agree with everything she posted. 

Here you go. I just selected and copied the text:

Karen Finley

I am as horrified as anyone with the comments of Trump. But these words, comments we hear everyday walking down the street, at work, behind our back, in our schools, in homes, and in the stares, the too close hugs, the subtle and overt exchanges that female/ trans bodies navigate through - but I AM EVEN MORE HORRIFIED THAT THE much earlier VIOLENT COMMENTS BY TRUMP TO ROSIE O'DONNELL DID NOT BRING AS MUCH OUTRAGE!!! why? - let me tell you - Rosie does not represent her self for the male gaze in a hetero dominant way, she does not present herself as a blonde Barbie, with the cleavage, the leg, the pushup bra, - because if Trump grabbed Ms. O'Donnell by her pussy - she wouldn't meow she'd claw. Trump's violent hate speech to an out lesbian, the one and only Ms. O'Donnell never received the apology she deserved. If the audience at that first debate where the audience laughed at his sexist misogynist and homophobic ridicule at Rosie and shaming remarks created the outrage from Ryan, Cruz,GOP and the DNC, the public, the nation - he wouldn't be the candidate.
Rosie O'Donnell has had to endure the sanctioned cruelties from the entire nation. Trump will never apologize to you. But may I as a heterosexual women who navigates the spaces of misogyny to my benefit - I AM DEEPLY SORRY ROSIE THAT YOU WERE HUMILIATED, SHAMED AND THAT YOUR BODY WAS TRAMPLED, ABJECTIFIED AND NO ONE CAME TO YOUR RESCUE.

• Love 5
On 12/7/2016 at 10:24 PM, Mumbles said:

Bitsy makes a rare appearance on social media to post a photo "she could look at all day" - a photo of cowboy boots with American flag designs on them.

...because nothing respects the flag more, or the country it stands for, than emblazoning it on footwear.

During the Vietnam War, putting the American Flag as a decoration on a shirt etc. was considered blasphemous. I can't remember for sure but back then I believe it was also illegal. Don't know about  that anymore though.

On 12/8/2016 at 7:01 PM, NewDigs said:

I hate the flag being used as clothing. And cowboy boots? Marginally better than flag shorts. Hm. Maybe not.

And I'm quite certain it's not listed as an appropriate usage according to Flag Etiquette.

'The flag should not be used as a drapery, or for covering a speakers desk, draping a platform, or for any decoration in general. Bunting of blue, white and red stripes is available for these purposes. The blue stripe of the bunting should be on the top.

The flag should never be used for any advertising purpose. It should not be embroidered, printed or otherwise impressed on such articles as cushions, handkerchiefs, napkins, boxes, or anything intended to be discarded after temporary use. Advertising signs should not be attached to the staff or halyard

The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, fireman, policeman and members of patriotic organizations.

The flag should never have placed on it, or attached to it, any mark, insignia, letter, word, number, figure, or drawing of any kind.

The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.'

They can be burned in a dignified manner.

I'm a stickler for USFlag etiquette.

Bite me, Bitsy.

If I had a twitter account, I would post that as a reply to that photo.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, fl2dc said:

Aren't those EH's kids wearing the boots in the pic? That would make sense why she credits the photographer

That's what I was wondering. 

7 hours ago, maryis1 said:

[snip]

Man, I sure missed the boat when it came to asking for child support! No. Wait. When I divorced and my ex and I had joint custody, I said I wanted zero child support because the divorce was my idea and if I couldn't make it on my own then I would have to suffer the consequences. It is surprising how deciding to do that forced me to get my act together, get a better job, and to be the best mom I could be. My son is in his thirties now and one of the things he tells people who are going through their own divorces is the fact that his mom didn't rely on his dad but did it for herself. And the fact that he is married to a woman who has a great career and really admires her for her ambition doesn't surprise me.

Lamar Sally doesn't need any more of Sherri's money. He should be ashamed of himself. But I think that was long gone before she even met him.

Re: child support. I guess the difference is you having joint custody. Did you also have joint physical? When I tried to waive my right to child support, I was told that it belongs TO THE CHILD. I still didn't ask for any, but that sticks with me. 

• Love 2

Lamar Sally (aka Sal) should leave well enough alone.

Seems things have been quiet for Sherri (work wise) since her move to CA (and her Bachelor type show was just cancelled)

If her circumstances have changed- child support could be decreased (because Sal reopened the issue in court!)

Edited by springtime
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, MischaMouse said:

Re: child support. I guess the difference is you having joint custody. Did you also have joint physical? When I tried to waive my right to child support, I was told that it belongs TO THE CHILD. I still didn't ask for any, but that sticks with me. 

That is my understanding as well.  Child support is owed to the child.  Even if the main custodial parent is willing and able to provide sufficiently on her own, it does not relieve the other parent of their obligation to provide appropriate support.  I guess you are free to sock that money away or put aside your own money in a savings for the child or whatever, but according to the law you don't just get to decline to take money that is owed to your child because you want to assert your independence or something.  At least you are not supposed to. 

I don't know what a parent who is in fear and feels the need to hide does.  I can understand wanting to decline child support because you don't want an ex to know where you are due to a dangerous situation. Not sure how that works ...

At any rate, that is not the case here and I suppose Lamar has an obligation to secure the full amount of support that the child is entitled to. Of course it will benefit him, but that's just the way it works.  I can only hope that he has some sense of responsibility and the brains to put something aside for the boy's education since once he is 18 Sherri is off the hook and under no obligation to pay for his further schooling.  And given the business she works in, who knows when the gravy train will skid to a halt. 

Wendy Williams brought this up today on her show, and referred to the little boy as "Sherri's son."  Not everyone in the audience was with her so she asked people to clap to show if they thought he was her son or not.  I would say it was about 60% agreeing the child is her son, with 40% saying he was not.  I myself feel that this child is not really Sherri's son, mostly because she has ZERO relationship with this child ... they have no biological relationship at all, nor do they have an emotional relationship.  I don't believe she has ever even met this boy.  That being said, however, I do believe she is 50% responsible for this child being born so she is absolutely responsible for providing for him.  And that means child support in an amount fairly based on what she is earning.  And to the extent that it benefits Lamar, well ... that's too bad.  A child shouldn't suffer just because his dad is a useless pile.  As far as I'm concerned, that's on Sherri for not choosing a better person to create a child with.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, springtime said:

Lamar Sally (aka Sal) should leave well enough alone.

Seems things have been quiet for Sherri (work wise) since her move to CA (and her Bachelor type show was just cancelled)

If her circumstances have changed- child support could be decreased (because Sal reopened the issue in court!)

I meant to add above ... Wendy W. pointed out that the initial support order was based on Sherri earning 1 million a year, but now Lamar believes she is earning 3 million a year.  Apparently Sherry's wig line is doing well and although her bachelor show failed, she is about to start on a new NBC sitcom that stars John Lithgow called "The Trail."  Who knows if he's right ... it may just be a fishing expedition.  

• Love 1

Whatever - Sherri always drove me mad - using abortion as birth control - "I've had more abortions than I can count." Then wild about Lamar and then going through invetro and then the surrogate - then, get lost. 

Lamar was never a winner, nor was Sherri, imo. And she left him in the dust babysitting her son when she was off having fun and then bragging on how much she missed her son. 

Let alone what her son really needed and all her whining about his bio-Dad trying to be there for his son. All about Sherri even though she left her son constantly.

• Love 5

My only hope for this is that Sherri insists that the child support be administered by a neutral third party - like a trustee - who has some oversight on the disbursements. This money should be only for the child's benefit, not for Sal.  Even if that means the child has the most extensive toy collection in the world, the best clothes, schools, camps, or private tutors and coaches. No money for Sal!

That guy was shady from day one and I still suspect there is a story behind this that we will never know (eg there were rumors that the egg donor was an old girlfriend of Sal's whom he never really stopped seeing...)

• Love 4
13 hours ago, MischaMouse said:

That's what I was wondering. 

Perhaps I should be clearer on this.

I divorced my ex in 1993 and at that time, in our state, there was no mandate to pay child support. We used one lawyer for both of us and there were no state mandated child support rules. We wrote up the paper work that we would share joint custody evenly and as such we also said that when our child was with me or him that we would take care of his needs while with us.

I didn't pay child support and my ex didn't pay child support. One would have canceled the other out so it was pointless.

And it  worked quite nicely.

• Love 6
On 7/10/2016 at 3:17 PM, Cosmocrush said:

Sounds like Sherri has gone back to SoCal.  which makes sense since there is probably more work for her out there.  But Pasadena isn't L.A.  Isn't it about an hour east from there? 

One can get from some parts of L.A. to Pasadena in 20 minutes.   I think ANYONE would love to live in Pasadena.  Check on it sometime.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Oh!  I thought her only kid was Jeffrey.

In her opinion, he is! LJ was born via surrogate after Sal and Sherri's marriage fell apart (but was conceived when they were still together). Sherri has tried to disavow any link to him. The courts saw it another way. It's iffy. She's never seen him and has no biological ties to him, but he exists because she and Sal wanted him. So the court found her liable for child support and he is being raised by Sal.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

She's never seen him and has no biological ties to him, but he exists because she and Sal wanted him.

The baby wouldn't have been created if she hadn't desperately sought/found an "appropriate" surrogate, hired an attorney, and agreed to the contract he/they wrote...by signing it.  I'm with the court(s).  If Sherri weren't liable, the surrogate would be.

Edited by Former Nun
Added and bolded "desperately" a la ChicagoCita
  • Love 6

Oh yes. That kid is around solely because Sal and Sherri wanted him to be. There's no such thing as an "oops!" pregnancy when you're paying big bucks to go the surrogate route. I think she lost a lot of fans when she started fighting against supporting the baby she (at one time desperately) wanted and went to extraordinary lengths to ensure was born. He looks happy in the photos linked above. As all little kids should be.

• Love 4

I wonder if any of Sherri's money for support actually goes to the child. [/Sal's pocket was the plan all along] Sherri got scammed imo but it's not the kid's fault. IF I were her I'd her I'd have fought hard for sole custody, loved the child to the max, had a brother for Jeff, and thereby foiled Sal's plans .....as a bonus.

• Love 3

I am not going to feel sorry for Sherri one bit about having to pay child support for a kid she willfully brought into this world.  Doesn't matter if she kicked Sal to the curb before the boy was born or not.  How many men are ordered to pay child support for children born in their marriages that they aren't biologically the father of?  Sherri made a poor choice in marrying Sal.  And even poorer choice choosing to have a child with him.  Them's the breaks.

• Love 13

I hope Sherri is not getting into another bad relationship. She posted  on Twitter yesterday, "How come women can have full text conversations but a man will just answer back w an emoji?"  Me: So are we getting together tonite?  Him:   (thumbs up emoji).  

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

I hope Sherri is not getting into another bad relationship. She posted  on Twitter yesterday, "How come women can have full text conversations but a man will just answer back w an emoji?"  Me: So are we getting together tonite?  Him:   (thumbs up emoji).  

oh Sherri -  he said yes to what is essentially a "booty call". 

I remember when she was dating Sal - she at one point said they were having sex, but when they got engaged, they decided to be celibate, and wait for marriage.  So - sex when you're dating, but once you are serious enough to be engaged, no more sex.   OK.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 12/20/2016 at 11:57 AM, ginger90 said:

LJ is a cutie, too bad his father can't write (he's a writer, you know) and is an ass

https://mobile.twitter.com/SalfromtheD/status/810634644831932416/photo/1

Lots of basic spelling and sentence structure errors!
As a writer- he probably had proofreaders and editors to correct him?
BUT- He currently is a teacher (and at one point *He* was teaching English!) lol

As for Sherri- seems her recent Uber driver communicates well... Is he available?

Been up since 2am but my uber driver wants to talk. I can barely keep my eyes open but he is so eager and joyful - ‘tis the season

Edited by springtime
On 12/21/2016 at 10:40 AM, ari333 said:

I wonder if any of Sherri's money for support actually goes to the child.

It's irritating when I hear divorced fathers (mostly) complain about how much of "his" child support the ex-wife is spending.  If there weren't children, she could live in a smaller place--not requiring an area with good schools.  Maybe even drive a smaller car.  If there weren't children, she wouldn't have to buy as many groceries.  The children need heat, cooling, electricity, entertainment. From what we read, Sal isn't very successful, so I don't question that LJ is benefiting from the child support.  That's not to say that Sal doesn't reap any rewards.  She picked him and started the processes (surrogate, divorce).  Still, in most cases child support supports the CHILD, for whom both parents are responsible.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 4

That's nuts. She was half the reason that LJ was born. Morally, ethically, she has two sons. What a kick in the teeth because that little boy will know, at some point in his life, that Sherri does not consider him "in God's eyes" to be her son.

Her hatred of Sal is bleeding over into questioning LJ's very existence. (1) He was created at her request. (2) Therefore, she is responsible for him.

Lord have mercy, I get furious when animal owners treat their pets like possessions they can dump when they get tired of them. I am appalled that a mother is doing this with a human child.

• Love 18

Sherri's Tweet:  I have done all… by law & a contract & ex lying on the witness stand, I have two … morally & under God I have one; 

Maybe Sherri better speak to her God again.  I doubt if He shares her view.  Surely her many "pastors" and life coaches can convince her that her past recorded conversations, tweets, and television blabbing to the world prove that her morals then are not her "morals" now.

• Love 7
On 12/29/2016 at 10:19 AM, ChicagoCita said:

That's nuts. She was half the reason that LJ was born. Morally, ethically, she has two sons. What a kick in the teeth because that little boy will know, at some point in his life, that Sherri does not consider him "in God's eyes" to be her son.

The years will pass quickly.  It might be interesting if LJ (despite all odds) becomes a person of note: athlete, entertainer, leader, religious figure, etc.  His "story" will be fodder for all the tabloids...if such things exist in the 2030s.   

• Love 3

That tweet is vile. You have the moral responsibility for any child you cause to enter the world, whether it be by an "accidental" one-night stand or, as in her case, months if not years of planning, contracts, etc. 

• Love 8

If Sherri thinks she is not this boy's mother, then who does she think is?   Because the child has to have one.  He didn't just appear in a cabbage patch one day.  Does Sherri think his mother is the woman who donated the egg?  The woman who carried him?  You know, the women she PAID to help her bring this child into the world because she desperately wanted to be a mother but couldn't do it physically herself ... now it's on them because they were foolish enough to assist her? 

What a miserable human being.  

• Love 15
8 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Does Sherri think his mother is the woman who donated the egg?

I think the answer to this question is yes...and Sherri is perfectly willing to have half of LJ's support declared the surrogate's responsibility.  I hope that someday she gains some REAL empathy and can look back upon this with a great deal of guilt and sorrow.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

If Sherri thinks she is not this boy's mother, then who does she think is?   Because the child has to have one.  He didn't just appear in a cabbage patch one day.  Does Sherri think his mother is the woman who donated the egg?  The woman who carried him?  You know, the women she PAID to help her bring this child into the world because she desperately wanted to be a mother but couldn't do it physically herself ... now it's on them because they were foolish enough to assist her? 

What a miserable human being.  

Exactly! yet, she claims to love Jesus and calls herself a Christian. Love your neighbor as you love yourself, Sherry. He is your son. A gift from the God, that you purport to be a steadfast believer in.. My contempt for Sherry, has increased exponentially, over her repudiation of that child...We all knew that Sherry's judgment in men is suspect..My goodness, this is the same woman that put her checking account number on instagram. The same woman who believes that her young son's erections were sexual in nature and not a physiological response...She used to say it with such pride. The woman is a heartless moron.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10

I'm not certain of the entire situation here but if "Sal from the D" took a pic of my kid and posted it on the web, I'd be pissed. I know this seems to be the norm nowadays but it just makes me very uncomfortable to see a picture like this on the web. If he got the parents' permission to take the photo and put it on the web, that's one thing. But people seem so free nowadays to just snap pics and put it on Facebook or Twitter and IMO its getting a little out of hand. Seems one  little girl had the right idea and hid her face with a toy.

The child did not ask to be born, it was indeed Sherri and Sal's doing. But I gotta tell ya, I'd be mad as hell that Sal seems to be just kicking back and watching Sherri's money. And he'll have it - for at least 17 more years. Perhaps Sherri can use this as an example - maybe coach other people on the right/wrong way to go about conceiving a child using a third party. Or better yet learn what NOT to do in choosing a mate - because this one was a huge dud. I'm still curious about why she and Sal divorced. (on a side note: I love how Wendy talks about him on her show. Cracks me up.  She says he does not look his age - and I so agree)

As for Bits snubbing Kathy G at a party - the only person that seemed surprised was Kathy. Even her friends figured out Hasselbeck means what she says and holds grudges. That Kathy thought otherwise is pretty mind boggling. She was a guest on the View. She has talked to Rosie. She has been in the presense of Bits on many occasions. She couldn't figure out how Hasselbeck really is???

Despite the crappy administration that will be coming in about 19 days (gag!) ...Happy New Year  to you all. 

• Love 3
On 12/29/2016 at 9:19 AM, ChicagoCita said:

Her hatred of Sal is bleeding over into questioning LJ's very existence. (1) He was created at her request. (2) Therefore, she is responsible for him.

Lord have mercy, I get furious when animal owners treat their pets like possessions they can dump when they get tired of them. I am appalled that a mother is doing this with a human child.

While I agree with the law regarding Sherri's surrogate child, it doesn't mean that Sal didn't have this child as a meal ticket - which I have always believed to be 100% true and the fact that he continues to publicize the situation to get more money proves it.   

Sherri had this child to try and keep a man that only ever wanted her money - the trashy version of women who chase professional athletes hoping to have their child as their meal ticket (with $herri as the Baller.)     And while I did (and do) feel bad for Sherri, she does need to suck it up and pay up.  In my opinion the kid is the only innocent in this story and is probably better off with a different mother.  Meanwhile, Sal needs to get off Twitter and start paying some bills himself.    

Sal came across as a big loser from the start - and I always wondered if the people who Sherri surrounds herself with tried to point this out and she just wouldn't listen?   Anyway, I'm married but I  would really hope my friends would throw a flag down if I started dating some middle aged loser without any visible means of support. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 15

I agree with Cosmocrush that Sal was a shady loser from the get-together and I would not be surprised if having a baby with Sherri by whatever means was part of a shakedown plan. In fact when the shit hit the fan, there were rumors that Sal had never broken up with his previous girlfriend before Sherri and that it was her egg that resulted in this baby. But even if true, too bad for Sherri. 

Sherri has claimed in the past year or so that she had doubts about Sal up to the wedding. I call bullshit on that. Her Twitter during her marriage to him was adoring, as was her discussion of him on the show. He was her big strong man, blah blah blah. She had his entire family over for the holidays. She gave him her first class seat when her travel was being paid for by her employer, and sat in his coach seat (that to me was a big clue of what a douchebag he was, what man would take that from his wife/GF?) She even let him be her manager. Not the actions of someone who had suspicions.

• Love 13