Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PERSONAL Life After The View

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Jaded said:

I had to have eye surgery twice and couldn't have one of them done on the first try because when the office went to run the insurance to verify it the morning of. He had dropped it between the time I had gotten blood tests and etc. needed for pre-op stuff and the day of the surgery.

I had some similar situations...and my ex ignored the kids' medical issues, school activities and athletics even when he lived with us.  As a young adult, one of my kids had a degree of success "in Hollywood" and it was covered in our local papers.  Apparently he bragged to his bar buddies about that!  Assholes!!!  (I just noticed I said "my" kids.)

• Love 1
16 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I think the IRS counts child support as the income of the custodial parent. Legally, I think Sal has to claim it as income to him, since LJ can't file tax returns yet.

I got child support in the 80s and in Arizona it was not considered income.  I didn't claim it; my ex couldn't deduct it.  I didn't get alimony (spousal support) which is reportable/deductible.  Arizona had "family support," which was considered income.  My attorney suggested it and I tried to explain to my husband that if he paid a little bit more--simply to compensate me for the tax I would have to pay--this would be a good deal for him because he could deduct everything (instead of nothing). No need to pay unnecessary taxes.  Because he was a successful con man, he thought everyone was trying to rip him off, so he declined.  As soon as he was divorced and he and his "secretary" had time to plan an elaborate wedding and cruise, he was married.   I learned too late that dealing with her was the way to go.  She was level-headed and smart; things were better-ish from then on.  (She and her mother were dumped by her father too.)

• Love 3
On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:19 AM, Mumbles said:

Sherri posted a dating app profile of Sal where he claims to be making much more than he supposedly earns as a substitute teacher. Her complaint was, he has some other source of income.

It shouldn't matter at all, though, how much he makes.  She still has to pay the same, as a non-custodial parent.  it's based on HER income, not his.

• Love 8
On 1/27/2017 at 10:47 PM, ChicagoCita said:

My dad didn't pay child support when I was a kid because he was devastated by the divorce.

This seems like another situation where the father doesn't realize that he's hurting the children who NEED clothes, housing, food, etc. etc. etc. (say that like The King of Siam).

• Love 3

So Bitsy just posted this very odd thing on Instagram. She developed what sounds like a very painful heel injury while running, and rather than take some time off from running or see a podiatrist or changing shoes, she had Tim cut out the piece of her running shoe that was bothering her.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTRc3qZFjnA/

[She then uses this metaphor to expound on her spiritual life. I really don't want to mock anyone for their religious views (unless they're being hypocritical or using them to hurt someone, neither of which seems to be the case for her right now, now that she's off TV.) She sounds like she has gotten very religious, even more so than before. Like, she faults herself for reading the news in the morning before she reads Scripture.]

But I do find cutting one's running shoes so that you can continue running (she casually mentions how far she runs) rather than rest, or getting a different shoe, very very odd.

• Love 8

Sigh - Bitsy use to design athletic shoes. I can't imagine running 5 and 6 miles without the correct support would help her. Sounds also like she is not at peace with a GOP POTUS, SCOTUS and Congress these days. LOL.

• Love 3

Maybe between her ouster from Fox before the great sexual harassment reveal and all the layoffs at ESPN, this former power couple has to economize.

• Love 1

I don't know but 100 people did.  I heard a theory that they lost a lot of viewers because they were too liberal so that would be a point in Tim's favor but any business that slashes staff like that is not a place to feel secure in your employment.

Rosie.. Please stop. I know you are going through an extremely hard time right now with Chelsea taking off again and Trump. But, putting her business on social media, is not going to help. It's going to push her away further. I really really worry about Rosie's mental health. 

• Love 8

I agree re Rosie and the latest with Chelsea. I think Rosie publicly disclosing Chelsea's health issues and her IQ was beyond the pale. And she made some comment on her Q&A about adoption along the lines of "when you pick a flower, you don't know what dirt the seed grew in" which I found so insulting about adopted children and birth parents.

I can't imagine a therapist or psychiatrist thinks this can be helpful - for Rosie or for any possible relationship with Chelsea.

And, it makes me give Chelsea some benefit of the doubt when she claims Rosie was an imperious and occasionally unstable mother.

• Love 10
Just now, Mumbles said:

I agree re Rosie and the latest with Chelsea. I think Rosie publicly disclosing Chelsea's health issues and her IQ was beyond the pale. And she made some comment on her Q&A about adoption along the lines of "when you pick a flower, you don't know what dirt the seed grew in" which I found so insulting about adopted children and birth parents.

I can't imagine a therapist or psychiatrist thinks this can be helpful - for Rosie or for any possible relationship with Chelsea.

And, it makes me give Chelsea some benefit of the doubt when she claims Rosie was an imperious and occasionally unstable mother.

BBM-- Oh Rosie.. I don't follow her blog, because it's just usually so depressing. I do follow her on Twitter, and just happened to see a post she made today that was a picture of her and Chelsea saying "She was once well" along with a bunch of hashtags regarding Trump and Russia.. 

• Love 2

I think in some weird way Rosie believes Chelsea is communicating with her via the tabloids, and in return Rosie responds via social media and her blog.  It's all very sad and twisted. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Mumbles said:

That is just so ugly.  And cold.

Someone should inform Rosie that even flowers grown in the richest most nutritious soil can suffer when picked and then plopped into a vase filled with foul water.  It's not just about the dirt they grew in.  Just something for her to think about.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, buffynut said:

I think in some weird way Rosie believes Chelsea is communicating with her via the tabloids, and in return Rosie responds via social media and her blog.  It's all very sad and twisted. 

I wouldn't be surprised, considering every new bit in the saga begins with a new Chelsea interview.

Okay, to be completely fair to Rosie, I tracked down her comment which was a response to someone asking about adopting:

know that 
u never know 
what flower will bloom 
when u r unaware 
of whats planted there in the ground 

all are beautiful 
some harder to care for than others

Okay, in retrospect my memory was harsher than her original quote. BUT I still have a problem with the implication or metaphor that a birth mother is a kind of ground or dirt where a seed is planted. I can't think of a more generous act than giving up a child for adoption, both for the child and for the adoptive parent(s). And I question Rosie abdicating responsibility and suggesting that Chelsea's problems stem solely from her birth mother. 

• Love 7

It's good of you to point out what Rosie actually said, Mumbles.  But I, too, still have a problem with her suggestion that there was some kind of innate weakness or flaw in Chelsea due to what was "planted" in her or because of what dirt she grew in or what the hell ever Rosie is trying to say. 

Whether Rosie meant Chelsea's birth mother somehow failed or Chelsea's alleged prenatal brain injury is to blame, she is still running her yap about Chelsea being a big mess and it just doesn't help matters.  Rosie is also conveniently dodging any blame or responsibility for how Chelsea turned out with her sweet little passive flower in the dirt metaphor.  Well, I stand by my original position - it's not just the dirt that effects how a flower grows.  There are lots of other factors, as well ... they have to be treated right, with proper air and water and light and warmth. Much of what became of Chelsea is a result of how she was raised ... and that is on Rosie, no matter what she wants to imply to the contrary. 

• Love 8

How many adopted children just don't fit in and rebel from their families. I know of quite a few. Genetics, poor pre-natal care, drugs taken while pregnant all have an effect on a child. Rosie has adopted other children and all have been raised in her home. Chelsea is the only one to rebel.

I agree with Rosie on her assertion but I don't agree with airing it in public. But Rosie is fed up with Chelsea selling her story to everyone and the husband seems like an enabler or he is just plain evil to have his wife giving these interviews for cash.

• Love 3

Rosie has adopted other children and all have been raised in her home. Chelsea is the only one to rebel.

For now.

Of course after all this, if I were one of the other kids I would be terrified to rebel. Who wants their IQ plastered on the Internet? By their mother of all people?

And as Celia Rubinstein pointed out, mental illness is a combination of a lot of things - genetics, physiology, and yes, environment. 

And we are talking about a 19-year old person here. Even the most mentally stable person that age just doesn't have the best judgment skills. The brain is still growing until the mid-20s. If she thinks Chelsea is mentally ill, shaming her isn't going to work. 

You know how some parents go on Facebook to shame their kids for dirty rooms or bad behavior etc? This is that times a million.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm expecting Chelsea will have her own Mommie Dearest published in a few years. Then she can hock it in every new interview she gets paid for. "My mother terrorized me for years. Here, buy my book, only $18 hardback and $10 paperback." 

There's all sorts of ways to make money off your parents--publishing dirt (real or invented) is usually the most lucrative. And the least respectable.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, HoboClayton said:

Wow! It is even accompanied by one of those awful 'crack lighters.'

I said "Wow" out loud when I realized that. When I was about 9 my Mom and I were staying in a motel in FL where I found a Ziploc bag of pot in the nightstand. I was at the age where I thought it was bad for people since that was what got taught in school so my Mom didn't argue when I said I wanted to turn it in to the front desk. Damn her for teaching me to be so responsible. The motel was lucky that we weren't the kind of people who found and would call the police or anyone else. They gave us a free night since we were staying for two.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

If Sherri was comped the room, instead of a food voucher, would she have posted that?

Ha! And no. She could have forgiven the housekeeping lapse but was mostly pissed about the customer service response. Giving the manager's name was pretty low.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the room was already comped because they were there for some kind of (vacation time-share) presentation & that's why they were given the food voucher.

That's what it sounded like. I guess she wanted a comped return trip!

• Love 4
On 7/4/2017 at 9:28 AM, Medicine Crow said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the room was already comped because they were there for some kind of (vacation time-share) presentation & that's why they were given the food voucher.

That is what it sounds like!

So Sherri is doing the "free room if you sit through a time share presentation" ???  Really?  Can't she afford an $86 a night room?  

Yeah, I checked and that was the first ad listed. $86  bucks.  Sorry, I ain't rich but spending 3 hours listening to a sales pitch to save $86 bucks. Nope. 

She's a cheapskate. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That is what it sounds like!

So Sherri is doing the "free room if you sit through a time share presentation" ???  Really?  Can't she afford an $86 a night room?  

Yeah, I checked and that was the first ad listed. $86  bucks.  Sorry, I ain't rich but spending 3 hours listening to a sales pitch to save $86 bucks. Nope. 

She's a cheapskate. 

She's come a long way from her days at The View & her opulent bedroom suite(s).  I remember that dressing table was above & beyond anything I'd ever seen ... gorgeous!!!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Just read on my Facebook feed that Rosie's second wife, Michelle Rounds, committed suicide today.   

Michelle seemed like a troubled person. I noted that Rosie's reaction to her death seemed rather distant, and I guess Michelle had remarried and had another child. It's a tragedy, of course. It kind of hurts to remember how in love Rosie was with her, and how she survived a really horrible medical issue (Desmoid Tumors) only to take her own life a few years later.  We never had suicide in our family - ever - until five years ago, when three of my relatives took their lives within months of one another. It's awful on the survivors, and I feel for Michelle's wife and children. May she, and they, find peace.

• Love 15

Here's something more annoying then sad.... 

Candace Cameron-Bure: My Husband Doesn’t Like That I Have to Kiss Costars, Barely Comes to Set

While the athlete might not be fond of his wife being a TV star, their three kids — Natasha, 19, Maksim, 15, and Lev, 17 — take full advantage of it. The Full House alum told Us that her children ask companies to send them free stuff with the promise that their famous mom will promote their products on Instagram — and she does! She added: "They are teenagers. They know how to do it."

• Love 11

I'm watching the new Daily Mail TV show since nothing else is on. It's the first episode and I wanted to see what it was going to be like. They just teased an "exclusive" interview they are showing tomorrow with Chelsea O'Donnell. Apparently she was asked about her ex-step Mom and is going to reveal some "bombshell". This show is making me feel dirty though with Nancy Grace as a contributor with Dr. Phub (Dr. Phil) and his son Jay as executive producers.

Here's the link to see if it's on in your area.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/dailymailtv/index.html

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Jaded said:

I'm watching the new Daily Mail TV show since nothing else is on. It's the first episode and I wanted to see what it was going to be like. They just teased an "exclusive" interview they are showing tomorrow with Chelsea O'Donnell. Apparently she was asked about her ex-step Mom and is going to reveal some "bombshell". This show is making me feel dirty though with Nancy Grace as a contributor with Dr. Phub (Dr. Phil) and his son Jay as executive producers.

Here's the link to see if it's on in your area.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/dailymailtv/index.html

Her "bombshell" has already been printed in People...another whack for Rosie to withstand.  There's some serious dislike going on there.

http://people.com/tv/rosie-odonnell-daughter-chelsea-pregnant/amp/?xid=amprecirc2

Edited by Tunia

I adored Rosie as a child and thought she was so cool. Loved her talk show, it was a lot of fun.  Over the years, little tidbits have came out about how nasty she can be behind the scenes. Which, is true for most people, so I kind of shrugged it off. I don't know what she is like as a mother. I know she is raising her little one now, the rest are adults at this point I think. I'm extremely worried Rosie is going to become a headline for a bad bad reason. She is consumed with negativity, and has been since before the election. Things beyond her control are stacking up, and she is also letting what's happening in the US right now consume her. She is sharing a lot of personal things on social media regarding Chelsea, mental health, and of course, politics. I don't know her, and probably never will, so my opinion means nothing. I just still have a soft spot for her, and would be very sad to lose her. I wish she would just get away and focus on happiness, and Dax. She certainly has the money to do so. But, it's her journey to take. I wish her and her family the best. 

• Love 8

The shitty thing is that Chelsea doesn't have the mental capacity to realize she is being exploited. These tabloid shows are paying her to do these interviews. Rosie even called the EP of the now-cancelled Inside Edition to give him a piece of her mind last year.

Rosie's oldest is 21(?) and her other two are in middle to high school and still being co-parented by Kelli Carpenter. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Tunia said:

Her "bombshell" has already been printed in People...another whack for Rosie to withstand.  There's some serious dislike going on there.

http://people.com/tv/rosie-odonnell-daughter-chelsea-pregnant/amp/?xid=amprecirc2

Thank you for updating what the news was. I had guessed this was probably going to be the "bombshell" that show mentioned. The whole situation makes me sad for Chelsea, Rosie and the baby.

• Love 1

I didn't watch the video, but I did read, what I guess was, the transcript. Chelsea announced she was 9 weeks pregnant, and that Rosie would not get to see her grandchild. The hate for Rosie was nothing new, but it was brief.  Most of the interview was about Chelsea's happy relationship with Michelle.  Even though it put Michelle in a good light, it was disgusting to see the tabloid exploit the death of a woman, who at the time of her death was a private citizen living a private life. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

Rosie even called the EP of the now-cancelled Inside Edition to give him a piece of her mind last year.

Inside edition was cancelled!? I wondered why my DVR wasn't recording out anymore.. I thought maybe it was on a break.

9 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Inside edition was cancelled!? I wondered why my DVR wasn't recording out anymore.. I thought maybe it was on a break.

Inside Edition is still on. The Insider was cancelled. Maybe it quit airing in your area? You can check on their website.

http://www.insideedition.com/

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1

It pains me to see Rosie's tweets about Chelsea, both because the pain she is feeling is palpable, but also I don't think this (tweeting to the world about it) is a healthy way to deal with this. I just think what it'd be like if a friend with whom I had had a falling out posted angry posts about me or videos of me in happier times. Especially so if the friend was a celebrity with millions of followers.

• Love 4

I think Rosie and Chelsea have a twisted relationship and in some strange way they are "communicating" with each other through these public venues. That's the impression I've gotten from reading between the lines of Rosie's comments.

In other Rosie family news, she tweeted that her oldest son Parker has joined the Marines. So she has yet another thing to worry about. 

• Love 1

According to Rosie from her Q&A forum, the reporter from the Daily News was the first to inform Chelsea that Michelle had died. Then he flew to Texas, where Chelsea and her husband now live, to do the interview. I know Chelsea could just have said "not interested", but if the reporter hadn't made the first contact and "dangled the carrot", there probably would have been no interview.  Really sad how these shows exploit people. ?

• Love 2