Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PERSONAL Life After The View

• Start Topic

You're quite welcome. Chelsea looks healthy and pretty and Vivi is growing up to be a stunner.

Very interesting about Bitsy's move. Her very infrequent Twitter and Instagram posts suggest that she's going full-on evangelical these days.  There is probably more opportunity to leverage that into some sort of gig in Nashville than in Greenwich CT.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, CattyTiger said:

Bitsy is moving to Nashville.  And only had to pay 2 mil for a new home.  Curious what Tim will be doing.

Part of me wonders why but a bigger part is just glad she has disappeared from my TV.  

• Love 8

Interestingly, Tim's brother Matt (the one who was a starting quarterback and not a backup) landed a job at ESPN.  ESPN is in Connecticut, it'd be funny if he bought his brother's white elephant of a house.

http://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/matt-hasselbeck-selling-indianapolis-home/

Matt getting a job at ESPN made it unlikely that Tim would get an expanded job there (he was on some weekly show on fantasy sports.) So no reason to hang out up in Connecticut.

I'm thinking Tim has latched onto a low level football job & Bitsy is probably having her agent market her to a bible-thumping t.v. show or radio.  Like, where else could she go?

ITA. I am still amazed her ignorance and lack of communication skills caught up with her. Just think of it - she was too ignorant for Fox and Friends. THAT is ignorant! And it did her no favors to be so snarly and mean on The View. Totally damaged her future employment options.

• Love 8

Trinity Broadcasting Network has a location in Hendersonville, TN outside of Nashville. Apparently they purchased Conway Twitty's Twitty City from his estate in the early 90's. Maybe Bitsy can go work there.

• Love 2

Part of me wonders why but a bigger part is just glad she has disappeared from my TV.  

I agree Cosmo, but the the part of me that wonders won this morning. Google tells me that on May 31, she hosted the K-Love fan awards at the Grand Ole Opry. She was pictured with Kirk Cameron. I think that explains her constant religious posts on twitter. K-Love seems to be a radio station that concentrates on christian music. Maybe her own radio show? 

• Love 2

Also Nashville has WAY-FM - long time contemporary Christian station group.  Most of their programming originates in Franklin, TN (suburb of Nashville.)  Don't know how Bits feels about rock 'n roll Christian music -  I guess however she's told to feel - hee!

• Love 6

Bitsy is moving to Nashville.  And only had to pay 2 mil for a new home.  Curious what Tim will be doing.

Wow, interesting!!!

So Tim is out at ESPN? Off to google and see what I can find.........

I found a little bit of info on Tim. He is going to be on a Nashville radio station called The Game. It is apparently connected to ESPN. He is listed as being on Tuesday's at 12:15 pm.  I also saw an interview with a Nashville newspaper where he weighed in on the Tenn. Titans. That's all I have for now. 

• Love 4

Good job, Dissy. Wow, on the radio one day a week...that can't be bringing in the big bucks. But it gets him in the door. Still it did look that if Big Time Sports Broadcasting is in the cards for a Hasselbeck, it's Matt.

• Love 3
(edited)

He uprooted his family and moved them to Nashville for a one day a week radio gig?  Well, I guess in that business you have to go where the work is.  And certainly Nashville will be cheaper to live in than the New York area/Greenwich.  I hope for his kids' sake it works out and they are happy with the change. And I hope Bitsy can adjust.  I feel bad for their kids growing up with such uptight assholes for parents and I have the feeling if she is really unhappy, they will feel the brunt of it. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 5

I couldn't agree more, Celia, but no sane person would make that move for a gig like that.  I'm thinking Bitsy has something on the burner, otherwise they're probably heading for a lot of misery that her "faith" won't help.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 6/26/2016 at 8:57 PM, Medicine Crow said:

I couldn't agree more, Celia, but no sane person would make that move for a gig like that.  I'm thinking Bitsy has something on the burner, otherwise they're probably heading for a lot of misery that her "faith" won't help.

Yeah, I don't get it.  For years Bitsy was the big bread earner while Tim cashed checks from his part time gig @ESPN (also owned by Disney btw) which is fine but then she was shitcanned from quit her dream job to "stay home and feed her kids breakfast" or some bullshit.  ?  I guess TV pays ridiculous money and maybe they saved it - going from a TV sports gig to one day a week at a local radio station hardly seems like an upgrade but I will say the guy has the face for radio so it make sense he won't be on TV anymore.  I think the CT house was something like $5 million and the article Dissy linked says they bought a $2 million dollar house in Nashville.  So that's a nice little nest egg.  And we all know Bitsy doesn't spend money on shoes so it should last a while.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
I must have posted this after some wine.... typos abound.
  • Love 4

He uprooted his family and moved them to Nashville for a one day a week radio gig?  Well, I guess in that business you have to go where the work is. 

Actually, these days, you can broadcast from anywhere.  You don't have to be at the radio station.

• Love 2

I think the CT house was something like $5 million

It was first listed last Sept and I can't find anything that it sold.

Actually, these days, you can broadcast from anywhere.  You don't have to be at the radio station.

That is strange. I was thinking maybe he had to be at the games but only half are at home and he could travel for them.

Believe me, if Bitsy still had her Fox gig, he would be doing the radio thing "remote".

• Love 1

I know it shouldn't bother me but it does.  Elisabeth always lands on her feet.  She might not have some high profile job anymore but I'm sure whatever her new gig is will pay her more money than I will ever earn in my lifetime.  And for a woman who has no discernible skills that I can see it makes me think life is so fucking totally unfair.  At least Sherri has some hustle to her.  She will use her (marginal IMO) comedic skills to get gigs but Elisabeth does what exactly?  Tweet about God bless America?  Or screech "What about Obama"?  I'm sure there are plenty of opportunities for her in Tennessee.  Weren't they one of the states that just passed a transgender bathroom law?  And since I don't live in Tennessee and would never in a million years every listen or watch any sort of country music or religious station I think I am safe from every having to see or hear her again.

• Love 10

Bankrate has just named Franklin, TN, as the second best city in which to retire, and our in-laws that live there attest to the likeability/livability of the area so Bitsy may well have, again, just lucked out.  Pity our relatives, tho...they're just blocks away from the Hasselbeck's new home. Moving shouldn't be an issue for Bitsy as she married into a profession known for sudden changes without prior approval of timing or location.  The kids?  Well, that's another matter, but they'll adjust over time.  You can't have deep roots in the sports field.

And Vinyasa's right - the Greenwich house apparently hasn't  sold and was taken off market in May.  There's a lot of competition at that price point in Greenwich, most of which is a lot more attractive and interesting than theirs.  I guess even Tim's bro Matt didn't want it for his career move to ESPN in Connecticut.

Of course, if Bitsy does have somethin;' a-brewin' in TN, that really blows the lid off her "Chief Breakfast Officer" excuse for leaving Fox, but then...we all figured that anyway.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Qoass said:

But isn't that more difficult to coordinate? I'm not sure anyone would go to that much trouble for the sake of Tim Hasselbeck, lol.

Plus I can see a radio station actually wanting him living in the area so he is available for promotional activities and things.  Local radio people often do all kinds of other stuff in the community - appear at station events, charititable functions, public relations activities. They may require more from him than just one hour a week on the air, so he needs to live there in order to get hired.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 2

Sports is a very local topic. Unless you're just doing national work, you need to be around where the team is so that you can go to the practices, meet and schmooze with the players and the coaches/ownership, be familiar with the fanbase. I predict he starts with a one-day gig, which expands into weekends, or substituting during the days, etc. Or maybe he wants a special-teams-like coaching job.

I don't want any kids to go hungry but I remember watching Bitsy smirk about kids below the poverty line not getting supplemental health insurance and screeching "Where are the parents?" and thinking how she and her husband had been so lucky at a young age and had landed high-paying jobs with little talent and doing little work, and marveling and what a lack of empathy she had. Maybe these past few months have made her realize how lucky she's had it. I doubt it, but who knows.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

But Tim can't be Grand Marshall of the local high school's homecoming parade if he's in Greenwich. And that is probably in his job description. I wonder if they will let Bitsy ride on the float with him? 

Oh how the mighty have fallen, lol

I can't help it, so bear with me .... tee hee!!!

• Love 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, susieq147 said:

I know it shouldn't bother me but it does.  Elisabeth always lands on her feet.  She might not have some high profile job anymore but I'm sure whatever her new gig is will pay her more money than I will ever earn in my lifetime.  And for a woman who has no discernible skills that I can see it makes me think life is so fucking totally unfair.  At least Sherri has some hustle to her.  She will use her (marginal IMO) comedic skills to get gigs but Elisabeth does what exactly?  Tweet about God bless America?  Or screech "What about Obama"?  I'm sure there are plenty of opportunities for her in Tennessee.  Weren't they one of the states that just passed a transgender bathroom law?  And since I don't live in Tennessee and would never in a million years every listen or watch any sort of country music or religious station I think I am safe from every having to see or hear her again.

I hear that susieq!  And when she was on The Spew, and thus my TV,  that used to drive me crazy too.  Elisabeth has NO discernible skills or talent of any kind and yet like you said, keeps getting paid more money than most people will ever make.   I don't even care what she's doing next as long as it's not on this show and/or on my TV.  But honestly, I can't think of any reason to move from the #1 media market (NYC) to Nashville #30 out of 100.  She isn't going to be pulling down cable news money and certainly not network money.    Plus, when feeling really pissed about it, take solace in that she was shitcanned from her "dream job". 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

If there ever was a philosophical and intellectual home for Bits, it was "Fox and Friends" - and even there they realized she could barely put together a rational thought in a coherent way. So while I'd never say never, I think her days on the national stage are over. She may get some local TV or radio gig but the TV one will be stuff like how to make gluten-free jello, or some sort of craft project that she features on her Instagram. Radio may be a better bet but her voice is actually terrible to listen to. Her agent and management team goofed badly when they failed to give her media training (or maybe they did, and it didn't take.)

• Love 6
(edited)

found a little bit of info on Tim. He is going to be on a Nashville radio station called The Game. It is apparently connected to ESPN. He is listed as being on Tuesday's at 12:15 pm.

Sounds like a demotion.

She isn't going to be pulling down cable news money and certainly not network money.    Plus, when feeling really pissed about it, take solace in that she was shitcanned from her "dream job". 

Actually, I think  The View was more Bitsy's "dream job" than F&F. She just blended in over there and even they realized she couldn't handle it.

At The View she was protected by Geddie, got more attention and got noticed, did not "blend in" and had more side projects (Bitsy 's bars, Bitsy's cook books, Bitsy clothing line and what else??).  Once she got to F&F, seemed she wasn't any place else until she became the breakfast CEO.

And I'll bet she made more money on The View.

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Vinyasa said:

Actually, I think  The View was more Bitsy's "dream job" than F&F. She just blended in over there and even they realized she couldn't handle it.

At The View she was protected by Geddie, got more attention and got noticed, did not "blend in" and had more side projects (Bitsy 's bars, Bitsy's cook books, Bitsy clothing line and what else??).  Once she got to F&F, seemed she wasn't any place else until she became the breakfast CEO.

And I'll bet she made more money on The View.

I agree.  It's all about exposure.  I don't know the difference in ratings between the View and F&F but Elisabeth reached a much more diverse audience on the View.  The only people who saw her on Fox were viewers who were already followers of the garbage they spew.

Elisabeth is definitely not someone people will follow to different projects.  It did seem like her management time tried to "brand" her as some sort of "lifestyle" expert ala Lara Spencer but the only thing Elisabeth was able to do was brand herself as a GOP Barbie doll who couldn't talk in anything but word salads. 

• Love 2

Oh yeah, in its heyday The View had some great guests - presidential candidates, Madonna, Michael Caine, Paul McCartney, Elton John - that I am insanely jealous that a twit like Bitsy got to meet. Nobody of that caliber ever graced the curvy couch over at Fox and Friends. And I think Bitsy was heartbroken when she was shitcanned.

My point was that if there was *any* show where Bitsy's ignorance, meanness, and intolerance would be an asset, it would have been Fox and Friends. But even there, she couldn't cut it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mumbles said:

And I think Bitsy was heartbroken when she was shitcanned.

Hasselbeck was no doubt heartbroken when she was shit-canned from both The View and Fox and Friends and I'm sure her ego took a major hit when she was pretty much laughed out of her audition for the GMA "Mom and Lifestyle" gig. That one went to Lara Spencer. 

No one in this world sets me off like this no-talent, very lucky woman and I'm glad she got some come-uppance.

• Love 8

I saw that too and that's the way I interpreted the cryptic message too.  Not sure how the person asking even knew to ask the question, as Google isn't finding any new news about custody issues.

(edited)
On Friday, June 03, 2016 at 8:15 PM, Medicine Crow said:

Sherri Shepherd was on The Talk today telling the same old stories.  She needs some new material.

Saw a clip of her saying she was dating a guy in his 20's. Then she said she fell asleep while they were together at a club. Then.....she said he wanted to take her to a family functIiin

. Ummm yeah ok then. 

Edited by ginger90
trying to get rid of this and I can't, lol
  • Love 3

I saw that too and that's the way I interpreted the cryptic message too.  Not sure how the person asking even knew to ask the question, as Google isn't finding any new news about custody issues.

Ro posted these two on instagram  and people started making comments  

"its 4 the best -poof-gone #missing"

"she went to soccer practice - in the fog - so she is missing - her grandma will take care of her - with robyn cuz we r at the beach in a fuzzy house" #dailydax"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHIuCvkhNYn/?taken-by=rosie

(edited)

Thanks for the link to Ro's instagram.  Vivi must be a dancer, there are a couple beach poses. ♥  #Dax is home with Ro again as well.

Edited by NextIteration
Because Vivi is not Chelsea
  • Love 1
(edited)

Sort of sad. Link to Sherri's online auction of things from her house has a number of new in box baby items. I wonder if those were purchased before the entire situation blew up?

If you live near Englewood, NJ, there are a number of items that have very low bids. I wonder if it's the usual thing that they stay low and then the snipers come in at the last minute and scoop up the items to then resell them. There is one of those really expensive Uastro massage chairs that are always popping up on my facebook page. I know someone who has one and they really love it.

http://maxsold.maxsold.com/auction/englewood-new-jersey-usa-moving-online-auction-englewood-nj-2516

Edited by maryis1
(edited)

Sherri tweeted about the auction- and includes pictures of the items (Jeffrey sitting in the massage chair) 
during a visit to the house prior to the auction. She may need the cash from the auction (lol) 
but it would've been a lot easier to just donate it all for a tax deduction! 

She hasn't lived in the house since she separated from Sal. It has been on and off the market since then.

btw- Jeffrey seems to like the chair (and I'm thinking it might be beneficial to him due to his disability?)- 
I assume that it was Sal's so she ain't keeping it!

Edited by springtime
  • Love 1
(edited)

Good grief, Sherri has a ton of stuff. I'm sure it will feel great to get rid of it, but with the low bids (people aren't going to pay top dollar for this stuff...... are they?) and I'm sure the auction place takes a %, is she really going make much money?

She  tweeted "they Sorted & took pics" so there must be an front fee for that??? I doubt they would do all that work for free and have very little sell?

Oh, I just realized Sherri probably got a deal to promote them on her Twitter!

I've got to check the website and see how it all works. I'm dying to see what sells and for what price!

Home is still on the market

http://www.estately.com/listings/info/62-burtwood-ct--1
(seem to be using old home photos for the listing -  lots of wall paper -and the ivy themed kitchen! lol) 

For $1,325,000 million, it should not have the ivy kitchen!

I know the price is for the house and the location, but there is only once chance to make a first impression. Any realtor selling million dollar homes knows this. The price has been reduced a lot since last Fall but get some painters in there!

Anyone know where she is living now?

Edited by Vinyasa

The ivy kitchen is ugly but easy enough to change.  The hideous tile all over the place and the mismatched wood floor, on the other hand ... Ugh. 

That dining room looks like a 1980s nightmare.

The front and back yards look nice, though.