Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PERSONAL Life After The View

• Start Topic

I read her hastag "is it too much?"  as "I sit too much"  LOL.  Yes Sherri,  you probably do. I  sit too much too but I don't tweet about it.

Too Funny!   Is it too much!   Yeah, I read it as I SIT Too much, too!   I thought it was referring to all the shoes, being too hard to walk in, so she has to SIT. 

I didn't realize what she really meant until I read your post, Cosmo!

• Love 1

She hasn't mentioned her Cane Corso in quite a while & not many pictures of Jeffery.  Her ex-ex-husband, Jeff Tarpley sent a tweet to her ex-husband, Sal: 

Lamar Sal Sally Retweeted Jeff Tarpley ‏@JeffTarpley Feb 16

@SalfromtheD Sal,  ur not alone, thx God u have your son an dont have to deal w her, I have 2 C her work in LA while my sons alone in jersey

Charming!!!

They can both STFU because she has had to support their lazy asses.

• Love 6

She hasn't mentioned her Cane Corso in quite a while & not many pictures of Jeffery.  Her ex-ex-husband, Jeff Tarpley sent a tweet to her ex-husband, Sal: 

@SalfromtheD Sal,  ur not alone, thx God u have your son an dont have to deal w her, I have 2 C her work in LA while my sons alone in jersey

Charming!!!

She sure knows how to pick 'em.    

I just don't understand those two losers trashing Sherri for making a living at the same time they are cashing her checks.  Isn't it in their best interest for Sherri to keep working? 

• Love 7

Oh this just steams me!

...  Her ex-ex-husband, Jeff Tarpley sent a tweet to her ex-husband, Sal: 

Charming!!!

I have a question for you, Tarpley .... Why isn't Jeffrey with YOU if Sherri is away working?  

You are the one who has chosen to live so far away from YOUR SON that you can't be there for him when Sherri has to travel.   Maybe if you cared enough to be there for YOUR CHILD, Sherri wouldn't have to "leave him alone" while she goes out and earns money to support you and Jeffrey both!

Jeffrey is hardly "alone" anyway...  he is no doubt left with his regular caregivers whom he knows and trusts.  Which is better than YOU, Tarpley!    You remember, that is what the Judge decided in 2014 when you tried to get custody of Jeffrey, complaining Sherri was too reliant on nannies and was working too much.  Jeffrey is better off with Sherri even though she is gone a lot and he has to stay with the hired help.  Because you suck that much as a father.  

What a stinkin' ingrate you are.  Publicly knocking that woman for busting her ass to earn a living to provide for her child because YOU CAN'T.... paying your way, too.  Has it ever occurred to you that maybe if you had a decent income, Sherri wouldn't have to work so damn hard?  Ever think of that?   From the look of your IMDB you haven't done shit since 2004.   Why do you live in Las Angeles when your son is in Jersey, anyway?  You aren't WORKING in the business.   Your only business is living off of a woman you cheated on and making her pay for you and the kid you had with your side piece.  Then badmouth her for how hard she has to work to do it.  Scumbag. 

/drops mic/

• Love 11

Oh this just steams me!

I have a question for you, Tarpley .... Why isn't Jeffrey with YOU if Sherri is away working?  

You are the one who has chosen to live so far away from YOUR SON that you can't be there for him when Sherri has to travel.   Maybe if you cared enough to be there for YOUR CHILD, Sherri wouldn't have to "leave him alone" while she goes out and earns money to support you and Jeffrey both!

Jeffrey is hardly "alone" anyway...  he is no doubt left with his regular caregivers whom he knows and trusts.  Which is better than YOU, Tarpley!    You remember, that is what the Judge decided in 2014 when you tried to get custody of Jeffrey, complaining Sherri was too reliant on nannies and was working too much.  Jeffrey is better off with Sherri even though she is gone a lot and he has to stay with the hired help.  Because you suck that much as a father.  

What a stinkin' ingrate you are.  Publicly knocking that woman for busting her ass to earn a living to provide for her child because YOU CAN'T.... paying your way, too.  Has it ever occurred to you that maybe if you had a decent income, Sherri wouldn't have to work so damn hard?  Ever think of that?   From the look of your IMDB you haven't done shit since 2004.   Why do you live in Las Angeles when your son is in Jersey, anyway?  You aren't WORKING in the business.   Your only business is living off of a woman you cheated on and making her pay for you and the kid you had with your side piece.  Then badmouth her for how hard she has to work to do it.  Scumbag. 

/drops mic/

*applauds* 

• Love 2

I'm not done yet !

What does that asshole think would happen if Sherri wasn't working in LA?  If she couldn't get a good job in the business?  What would happen to Jeffrey?  Who would be supporting him?  Tarpley obviously can't.   Tarpley can't support his own ass.  

Would he be happier if Sherri had to take a regular job that didn't require travel?  Would Tarpley really feel that was preferable to her taking trips across the country to earn piles of money, money that goes to support not only Jeffrey, but also Tarpley's lazy ass lifestyle (money which would dry up if Sherri stopped earning big bucks).

Oh please.  Who here actually believes for one minute that Jeff Tarpley would sacrifice the money Sherri has to give him in order for her to not have to travel and leave Jeffrey "alone" all the time? 

<<CRICKETS>> 

How dare that worm take to social media to commiserate with that lousy grifter, Lamar Sally ... of all people.  This is the guy who sashayed into his son's life and assumed the role of father figure, only to waltz right back out once he had Sherri on the hook for 18 years.  That is the part that makes me angriest of all.  That Tarpley would actually sidle up to that dirtbag and whine about how awful Sherri is.  Sherri is still his son's mother ... the disrespectfulness of it is just so appalling.  Doesn't he care that this guy has scammed to steal what should have gone to Jeffrey, if nothing else?  

But we know the answer to that.  He doesn't care. Tarpley doesn't give a damn about Jeffrey.  Tarpley doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself. 

/slams mic to the ground and stomps it/

• Love 8

I thought Sherri was the one who moved away after their divorce?

I think she moved to NY to take the job at The View didn't she?  And the divorce was still dragging through the courts at the time.  I

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2

I'm confused....Does Tarpley receive alimony???? Does Calif still do that? She is the custodian of Jeffrey and he should be paying child support that would probably offset any alimony because Sherri really had just started her career when they divorced.

Charming!!!

wow.

• Love 1

What concerns me about Sherri is when she was on The View the last time, she did that Super Bowl nonsense and she was, again, talking about finding a huzzbin. Now, I know that is just her act, but, is it completely or is it part of the real Sherri? I can honestly see her continuing her same pattern of finding and marrying losers that she ends up supporting. I just don't think Sal is the last one.

• Love 5

I'm confused....Does Tarpley receive alimony???? Does Calif still do that? She is the custodian of Jeffrey and he should be paying child support that would probably offset any alimony because Sherri really had just started her career when they divorced.

You can still have to pay your ex child support even though you are the custodial parent just to keep a roof over your ex's head so that he can have some way to manage even brief visitation with the child.  It happens when there is a massive disparity in earnings, like with Sherri who earns a ton and Tarpley who earns nothing.  If Tarpley was homeless he could never have Jeffrey visit, so the court will make Sherri pay enough to keep that from happening because it is in Jeffrey's best interest to have some contact with his dad.  Supposedly. 

• Love 2

You can still have to pay your ex child support even though you are the custodial parent just to keep a roof over your ex's head so that he can have some way to manage even brief visitation with the child.  It happens when there is a massive disparity in earnings, like with Sherri who earns a ton and Tarpley who earns nothing.  If Tarpley was homeless he could never have Jeffrey visit, so the court will make Sherri pay enough to keep that from happening because it is in Jeffrey's best interest to have some contact with his dad.  Supposedly. 

Oh man, I did.not.know.that!!!  What about the mother of his other child?  Does she not work & who supports them?  Gawd.

I don't know the story of Jeff Tarpley's mistress - who she is, where she is.  All I recall is that Tarpley got some white woman pregnant while Sherri was pregnant with Jeffrey, and that is why she broke off with him.

I thought Sherri was the one who moved away after their divorce?

They were living in LA and were "estranged" when she got her job on The View, which required her to move to the east coast.

This is from PEOPLE:

When Shepherd was hired in September, producers wanted her on the set in New York immediately, so the actress and stand-up comic from Los Angeles had to leave Jeffrey, 2, behind with her estranged husband, Jeff Tarpley. Plus Shepherd worried about the little guy's well-being, fearing that East Coast winters could take a toll on his fragile health. Born 15 weeks premature in 2005, Jeffrey has developmental delays and needs physical, speech and occupational therapy regularly. So for now, Shepherd visits him two or three times a month. "Leaving my baby was the hardest thing," she says, "but this is what I have to do to provide for my son."

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20170931,00.html

The story also states that she and Tarpley attempted to reconcile after his mistress had his baby, but it didn't work out.  I don't know if Tarpley ever formally relocated to the east coast or not, but clearly little Jeffrey did.  Presumably the mistress was back in LA and Tarpley apparently chose to remain/return there, even though his son was going to be living in Jersey with Sherri.  I guess the draw of his side piece and big-time career in show biz was just too much to give up to be near his son.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 2

I can't seem to find this the case googling about Calif laws on the issue. Is there a source I am missing?

It occurred to me that I might have misunderstood your question.  My answer above was about being able to view Sherri's court records, which I am not sure one could do online.

If you were actually asking about how one might conclude that Sherri would owe Tarpley child support (and how much) this might be of help:

California Child Support Calculator http://www.alllaw.com/calculators/childsupport/california

It is just one of those online-figuring things, not 100% reliable, probably.  But plugging in a guess at what Sherri earns and what Tarpley earns (plus the cost of insurance and the amount of time Tarpley has Jeffrey in his care) it will give you an idea of how much she might owe him.

• Love 1

Thanks Celia. I have no idea what Sherri was earning before she was tapped for The View...she said things like her electricity etc would be turned off. And it seems they were legally separated and she was able to take Jeffrey out of Calif.

Have no idea what Tarpley made then either.

And it seems Jeffrey doesn't see his father that much - a couple of weeks here and there. Summer, Christmas every other year, perhaps Spring Break.

Plus it sounds like those times are perhaps not easy on Sherri and she is resentful. IMO.

I think somehow Tarply is managing to raise his other son on his own somehow.

But - what do I know... OTOH I doubt Tarley is paying any child support. Just not getting any when he does. Deadbeat Dad perhaps.

• Love 2

Supposedly indeed.

In addition then, it is in the best interest of Tarpley not to earn anything cuz Sherri has to cover it. Yikes.

There's something I don't understand about the law and remaining in the lifestyle to which one is accustomed. If two people are still married and have massive loss, job loss, income loss, their lifestyle together (and the child's ) HAS to change for the worse in many cases, but that's ok bc they're together. If they are divorced and the supporting person  has a drastic decrease in income she/he is still responsible for the larger payments made during the period of higher earning all in order to maintain a lifestyle. I didn't say that well. YKWIM?

Maybe  (or of course?) it depends on the state... or the country.

Edited by ari333

Bolding mine

Supposedly indeed.

In addition then, it is in the best interest of Tarpley not to earn anything cuz Sherri has to cover it. Yikes.

There's something I don't understand about the law and remaining in the lifestyle to which one is accustomed. If two people are still married and have massive loss, job loss, income loss, their lifestyle together (and the child's ) HAS to change for the worse in many cases, but that's ok bc they're together. If they are divorced and the supporting person  has a drastic decrease in income she/he is still responsible for the larger payments made during the period of higher earning all in order to maintain a lifestyle. I didn't say that well. YKWIM?

Maybe  (or of course?) it depends on the state... or the country.

I don't know what Tarpley does or did for a living but courts will sometimes rule on whether a person has substantially lowered their income in order to extract more dollars from their ex. It's not looked upon kindly and I think Sherri would have to ask for a ruling.

• Love 2

From what I understand, either party can  go for an adjustment in child support  (up or down). That doesn't mean it will happen, of course. I'm not sure how often this can be done. I don't think it's the same with alimony, though.

Edited by ginger90

I was basing my comments on situations that I heard about for example, Dave Foley. He is Canadian,  so there's that. But from what I understand he had to continue paying his ex  the alimony based on the huge salary he was making on News Radio in the 90's. Im just using that as an example to explain my comments upthread about Sherri. Iow, his income changed, but his alimony obligations stayed the same. It sounds insane. Sherri may be in dire straits if she isn't already. And I have to agree with above posters that she got used by these men.... which is sad. ...  sad that she didnt' see it coming. But I get that. SOmetimes we don't see it.

• Love 1

I was basing my comments on situations that I heard about for example, Dave Foley. He is Canadian,  so there's that. But from what I understand he had to continue paying his ex  the alimony based on the huge salary he was making on News Radio in the 90's. Im just using that as an example to explain my comments upthread about Sherri. Iow, his income changed, but his alimony obligations stayed the same. It sounds insane. Sherri may be in dire straits if she isn't already. And I have to agree with above posters that she got used by these men.... which is sad. ...  sad that she didnt' see it coming. But I get that. SOmetimes we don't see it.

Wow, to the Dave Foley thing! I thought that those kinds of circumstances allowed for payment adjustments.

What some assholes do is purposely quit making their usual high incomes simply to screw over the ex. Say, a bank president quits his job to be a retail clerk or something.

Or in Tarpley's case he might just quit working at all even though jobs are available, as is his schedule. That could possibly be contested. Like I would have assumed Foley's situation. Yikes!

• Love 1

Wow, to the Dave Foley thing! I thought that those kinds of circumstances allowed for payment adjustments.

What some assholes do is purposely quit making their usual high incomes simply to screw over the ex. Say, a bank president quits his job to be a retail clerk or something.

Or in Tarpley's case he might just quit working at all even though jobs are available, as is his schedule. That could possibly be contested. Like I would have assumed Foley's situation. Yikes!

Yeah I was just trying to add substance by example to my previous comments. And I 'll take further rants to small talk, but yeah I was shocked at Foley's situation. And I sort of thought of Sherri by comparison.  Sherri is in the entertainment industry (as is Foley) and there are huge disparities in income depending on whether you are a part of a current huge hit/sitcom etc  or rather doing some random standup here and there at shows and small venues. YKWIM?

• Love 1

Yeah I was just trying to add substance by example to my previous comments. And I 'll take further rants to small talk, but yeah I was shocked at Foley's situation. And I sort of thought of Sherri by comparison.  Sherri is in the entertainment industry (as is Foley) and there are huge disparities in income depending on whether you are a part of a current huge hit/sitcom etc  or rather doing some random standup here and there at shows and small venues. YKWIM?

I don't know where Foley was married but In California there are all kinds of considerations when the court calculates spousal support including both person's income etc.  The thing in CA is  spousal support for a marriage less than ten years is generally (but not always)  half the years of the marriage : a 5 year marriage would net 2.5 years support for example.  Remember when Tom Cruise divorced Nicole right before the ten year anniversary?   Anyway, after 10 years there often isn't an end date. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 1

OMG - followed by TOUCH DOWN.

Perhaps don't be A BENCH SITTER would motivate these little rascals more.

BTW - shouldn't a CBO ensure these are done? Can the little boys read yet -

A leader/teacher/motivator Bitsy is not. Evidently the nanny or Tim are not either.

• Love 1

Getting pretty banal over at Casa de la Bitsy. Being Chief Breakfast Officer requires lists, folks! 

How utterly ridiculous.  When you have to write down things like "get dressed" and "eat" and "brush teeth" - for a normal little kid - you are just way too uptight.  That kind of stuff doesn't need to be on a list.   I am surprised she didn't include "pee and wipe hiney" too.  

I wonder what happens if one of the kids wants to fill up their water bottle BEFORE they eat?   Is this permissible, or must things be done in the order prescribed by Herr Commandant?  I can't imagine the chaos that would result if one of the kids wanted to eat before they got dressed.  The horror! 

It seems like a sad attempt to make the ordinary significant somehow so that her life has some kind of meaning.  It's too bad she can't just loosen up and enjoy spending time with her kids.  That is where the meaning actually comes from, but she is too uptight to realize that. 

• Love 10

It's amazing how I functioned as a child without my mother writing down step-by-step what I needed to do to get ready for school.  It's astounding that I had cocoa without a cup with my initial on it. It's surprising I had a snack without my mother arranging it to look like a small campfire. What a #deprivedchildhood I had!

• Love 11

Elisabeth is micromanaging her kid's lives because clearly she has nothing else going on.  She's had a "broadcasting" career for well over ten years and this is what she is doing now?  Hey if she wants to do the stay at home mom thing then more power to her but I'm sensing she is getting cabin fever and desperately needs something to do with her time.  But unfortunately for her and fortunately for us I think the networks/media finally wised up and saw her for what she is.  A mean spiteful talentless idiot with nothing of value to say.  So I'm thinking with those qualifications she should be running for office in the next couple years.  Although she would probably have to move to a red state if she actually wanted to get elected.

• Love 5

Elisabeth is micromanaging her kid's lives because clearly she has nothing else going on.  She's had a "broadcasting" career for well over ten years and this is what she is doing now?  Hey if she wants to do the stay at home mom thing then more power to her but I'm sensing she is getting cabin fever and desperately needs something to do with her time.

I think you're right about micromanaging her kids (poor kids) but I don't think she wanted to do the stay at home mom thing at all. That was her dream job - Faux News!  I don't know who she pissed off over there but (ineptitude can't be the reason - one of those two morons she sat next to seems too dumb to find his way there every day)   I know she never would have left during an election year if it was really her choice. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 8

I think you're right about micromanaging her kids (poor kids) but I don't think she wanted to do the stay at home mom thing at all. That was her dream job - Faux News!  I don't know who she pissed off over there but (ineptitude can't be the reason - one of those two morons she sat next too seems too dumb to find his way there every day)  but I know she never would have left during an election year if it was really her choice.

Oh I think you are exactly right.  I simply cannot believe she left willingly.  And if Little Miss tow the Republican Party line at all costs can't survive at Fox then someone over there must really hate her for some reason.

• Love 3

I think the reason she was canned was her complete inability to formulate sentences or questions in standard English. Yes the other two dopes are as dumb as dirt, but they can ask a question with a noun and a verb in proper syntax. You can't train that. I also question her true interest in news and politics. Other than the "us versus them" aspect of politics, she seemed completely ignorant and uninterested in policy.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 10

I've always believed Elisabeth was just playing a role.  Conservative Barbie (or as a friend was fond of calling her Torture Loving Barbie).  And that was all she needed to do on the View.  Just spout off the GOP talking points that were fed to her.  But once she was on Fox News that just wasn't going to cut it anymore.  And with this being an election year I think the head honchos finally realized that she wasn't going to ever be more than that "bubble headed bleach blond" that Don Henley sang about in "Dirty Laundry".

• Love 6

I don't know who she pissed off over there but (ineptitude can't be the reason - one of those two morons she sat next to seems too dumb to find his way there every day)

LOL - Only one of them?  I think that applies to both!

• Love 4

Apparently the state Supreme Court refused to hear Sherri's case.  She's still on the hook to financially support the child she abandoned.  I have to wonder if once all her attempts to get out of having to support the child fail, she'll actually decide to have a role in the child's life.

• Love 4

marny said

I have to wonder if once all her attempts to get out of having to support the child fail, she'll actually decide to have a role in the child's life.

Sherri is just too selfish & self absorbed, she will never have any type of relationship with little LJ, so sad in many ways but he is better off far away from her in my not so humble opinion....

• Love 6

My question is has she been paying support all this time hoping the courts would rule in her favor and she could stop or now that her appeals have run out does she have to start paying support with all the back support due also? 

I know I shouldn't be surprised because this is Sherri we are talking about but I am still just appalled that she thought she could simply walk away because she no longer wanted that child.  Selfish and self-centered doesn't even begin to describe her.

• Love 8

Earlier I read that she paid $100,000.00 for LJ to exist.  I hadn't seen an amount before.  I'd love to know her attorney bills.  Wow.  How awkward it must be at those Christian events she does.  Baffling.

• Love 4
(edited)

My question is has she been paying support all this time hoping the courts would rule in her favor and she could stop or now that her appeals have run out does she have to start paying support with all the back support due also? 

I know I shouldn't be surprised because this is Sherri we are talking about but I am still just appalled that she thought she could simply walk away because she no longer wanted that child.  Selfish and self-centered doesn't even begin to describe her.

From this article it appears that Sherri has been paying the support.

http://wvah.com/entertainment/actress-sherri-shepherd-loses-surrogacy-case-will-pay-support-for-child

I don't follow this except here but I remember reading something that indicated she was paying child support all along; not as much as Golddigger Sal wanted - more than the zero she wanted. The $4100 sounds about right because I remember thinking that's an extra $50K a year - which will help with raising a child but not so much that Sal doesn't have to work and certainly not enough to keep him in the lifestyle he quickly became accustomed to after meeting Sherri.   

I don't really have a problem believing Sherri Shepherd is dumb enough to think she could just walk away from all responsibility for this child.  And just like Sal was not the first golddigger to wind up empty handed, she's not the first parent to want nothing to do with the child they had together.  But unlike so many deadbeat parents, she is paying what she's supposed to be paying.  It doesn't make her behavior okay, but it's hardly a unique situation.  

One way Sherri wins in my opinion, is she has been good about keeping her big mouth shut publicly about it.  I hate how Sal is intent on keeping this story alive - you know those tweets are totally to alert the tabloids.  I just do not see any benefit in it at all for his kid or him really and I would have thought a good parent could be able to see that.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

I follow SS's tweets now and again and IMO she spouts off about Lamar all the time. But not directly. Just how sad she is and how she is trying to get over this. And all her spiritual stuff she doesn't follow.

Just like her diets, and diabetes, and being there for Jeffrey year after year - but doesn't and isn't. JMHO - she is not doing the work to get over this.....for years.

Trying for a child, paying to conceive a child and the abandoning it and try and take it to the upper court in PA, imo, is just wrong. She is worth an estimated $10M and chose the guy that didn't have a job and then paid $100,000 (they say) to get LJ. And left Lamar to babysit Jeffrey instead of her fun weekends away.

• Love 3
(edited)

Me bad but what else is new, lol. Why Sherri persists wearing those 6 inch heels with her diabetes making her more susceptible to infections is beyond reason but this is Sherri I am talking about. :)

Edited by dumbdownus
  • Love 2

I think Sherri is damaged. Something terrible happened to her IDK what. BUt that would explain a lot. Not making excuses for her, but just saying there may be something more to this. It is sad all the way around.

• Love 1

My opinion of Sherri is simply that she makes very poor choices.  Time and time again.  And never wants to take responsibility for those poor choices.  "Too many abortions to count" when she was younger.  Marrying a man when there were several red flags.  Choosing to have a child with that man and then changing her mind when the marriage went south.  Sherri is an adult.  It's time she grows up.

• Love 4

I think Sherri is damaged. Something terrible happened to her IDK what. BUt that would explain a lot. Not making excuses for her, but just saying there may be something more to this. It is sad all the way around.

I think Sherri is just plain stupid. Doesn't learn from the past. Not too

much going on upstairs......crickets maybe.

• Love 7