Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: 6 Months Later

• Start Topic

The Ryan D and Jessica talk reminds me of the Rihanna and Chris Brown incident. Rihanna surely had to have done something to make him mad and act out of order. I can't believe we are having the same debate here (even though the scenarios are not identifical). No one can "make" a man act abusive. Jessica is not perfect but she has show more patience and understanding that I personally would have with Douche. I wish people would stop making excuses for him.

• Love 14

Said it in an earlier episode: Jessica will lose no matter what she does. If she stays silent, she's weak. If she talks back she "provokes" him, "brings out the worst in him" and "makes" him abusive. 

There is a huge difference in talking back to him and purposely being an ass by throwing $100 at him and smashing his watches.  She is not innocent in this.

• Love 6
(edited)

I give Davina enormous credit for holding her own against Levkoff. If Levkoff and Cilona TRULY think Davina beat down poor wonderful Sean, those pros should not be practing with real people in real life. L and C made themselves look like selfish, vindictive fools. They did a shitty job matching and now they want to blame the players.

I agree.  How they couldn't have seen through Sean plus their reactions show their total lack of self awareness, which IMO makes them shitty therapists.  Dr. Pepper is the only one I respect.  She was in tears and truly sad for the couples but she didn't put her own reputation or ego above them by acting the way the other experts did.  I hesitate to even call them "experts" at this point.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 5
(edited)
And I also did not think Jessica's dress was flattering.

That color green is hard to pull off. It takes the right coloring.

I didn't mind the color - it was just too tight and you could see a "fat roll" in the cutout over her upper abs.

And (no one has accused me of this but I'm just pointing it out FTR :)  I don't think that she made Ryan behave like an ass or "brought it upon herself" or anything like that - it's just that I don't think she's the sweetheart she wants to be seen as.

Edited by princelina
  • Love 7

Did I mishear, or did Sean manage to throw a gentle 'god bless' to the 'experts' on his way out before they brought Davina in to punctuate his new-found religion?

I rewound and even turned up the volume. Maybe he said "Hi guys". But the rewinding did let me see the little rounded shoulders and the meek walk. It was poor wittle Sean. Glad he emasculated himself with the whole "no sex drive" thing.

• Love 10
(edited)

I think the watch smashing and the baiting with the money was not a good idea. I honestly can't fathom destroying an ex's property.

Well, been there done that, never got threatened. Not the most mature thing but shit happens. Can't recall any of my girlfriends being abused for similar petty stuff either. People do and say shitty things when they break up. The issue with Ryan is that he takes things to the next level period. What I find disappointing is that people here justify his behavior. Anything short of Jessica threatening his life is not good enough of an excuse to defend him.

Edited by moonxyz
  • Love 6

The Ryan D and Jessica talk reminds me of the Rihanna and Chris Brown incident. Rihanna surely had to have done something to make him mad and act out of order. I can't believe we are having the same debate here (even though the scenarios are not identifical). No one can "make" a man act abusive. Jessica is not perfect but she has show more patience and understanding that I personally would have with Douche. I wish people would stop making excuses for him.

This isn't like Rhianna and chris Brown.  As far as we know, he never committed any violence towards her.  He yelled at her, said mean things to her but he never was physically violent towards her.  She, however, destroyed his property - which most people would agree is a violent act.

I think they were BOTH horrible to one another.  It appears they brought out the worst in each other.  Ryan is an ass but Jessica is no innocent wallflower in this trainwreck.

• Love 5

This was my thought too.  We haven't heard of any actual violence on his end, just that he has a hot temper and flies off at the mouth.  However, the only violence committed between these two seems to come from her. 

And what was with the $100 she gave him?  That was totally planned to continue a fight they had MONTHS ago.  I'm not believing the Order of Protection.  Jessica definitely knows which buttons to push on Ryan and I would not be surprised if it comes out in the OP hearing that she egged him on.  Now I understand what he meant when he said "check mate" in his IG post.

Jessica is a shit stirrer with stuff that happened long ago like she wants to bring up a new argument about it.  Not very nice of her, although if he did threaten her that trumps anything she's done.  Then again I have to wonder how much of that she instigated from him, too.  Not that it lessens his offense but she is definitely not completely innocent here.  And yet those freaking experts sat there and didn't say anything to her about this!!!  Unbelievable.

• Love 2

We're getting a bit heated about Ryan and Jessica here. Let's remember that we do not yet have any verification of the behavior that resulted in the restraining order - we only have the statement Jessica made to obtain it, and rumors.

"He/she was provoked" is never justification for abuse, but saying that Jessica is not all sweetness and light is not the same as saying "she deserved that".  Everyone is allowed to have an opinion on Jessica as Jessica and Ryan as Ryan. We won't tolerate any posts saying Jessica has deserved threats or abuse, regardless of her behavior, but we also won't tolerate attacking other posters for their opinions on Jessica's behavior being unwise, rude, etc. Let's all just remember to respect each other, and avoid accusing Jessica of provoking anything. We don't know what else Ryan might have done to justify the restraining order - we don't have the whole story.

Thanks,

Aeth

• Love 2
(edited)

Jessica also bought him a new watch.  She apologized.    It wasn't cool, but then finding out your husband is "too busy" to spend Valentine's Day with you , but not too busy for his "friend" doesn't bring out cool.  But that said, I wish she had resisted the impulse.

clowns "experts

That's it-they could be experts on clowns.   Because they sure suck at marriage counseling.

Edited by rulesoftravel
  • Love 5

I can't believe I wasted two hours watching this bore. Monet and Vaughn made for better tv last season.

The "experts"? Pathetic. Begging Jaclyn to give it another go with Ryan? He's had so many chances. He's not ready for marriage.

Sean always knows the "right" things to say. So rehearsed. So phony.

Ryan and Jessica... I can't even.

• Love 5

Forgot to put in my other post, Dr. Pepper did look ashamed/ had genuine guilt re: Ryan & Jess.

Didn't she apologize to Jessica at one point for her responsibility in matching her with Ryan?  Dr. Pepper is a real professional, she took responsibility.  It would be nice if the other experts could do that too instead of crucifying Davina for not doing it.  They're supposed to practice what they preach.

• Love 11

I would wager that the "experts" were not thrilled that Davina was given the chance to talk about the necklace all the women wear as a sign of solidarity or as I like to call it , their "we won't get fooled again" jewelry.  I was pleased that both Jessica and Jaclyn supported her.  It does look like 3 real friendships were forged.

• Love 9
(edited)

RyanD became very flushed as he was arguing and protesting and exiting stage right. I dont remember his face reddening during the season-fights.

After Jaclyn revealed that all three women had become fast and true friends, I was thoroughly amused when RyanD piped up that all the guys had also become tight! When Jaclyn responded to him, he shot back, "this isnt a competition!" Well, that's exactly what he was trying to make it by responding to Jaclyn in the first place!

And raise your hand please if you believe Sean Varrichio and Ryan DeNino would ever, EVER be close homeboys, chillin together. LOL.

Throughout the season, and again tonight, Ryan D often talked about being a "man," and therefore needing to act and to take responsibility as a "man." He's been unsuccessful.

And, throughout the season, Sean talked about being a "sexual" person, "Christian Grey sexual," with Italian-stereotypical stallion-like equipment, who had played mutually with his wife "below the Mason-Dixion line." Tonight he said that emotional anxiety "often manifests itself in loss of sex drive, and, unfortunately, that's what happened." Sean, do you listen to yourself? Stop.talking.

As a rule, I try to recognize the possibility of different interpretations of a person's actions, in order to preserve my faith in humanity in,the midst of depravity and squalor. So, here's what: Maybe Sean entered this show on a fraudulent foundation. His motives were underhanded and selfish. Okay. But maybe once he recognized that Davina was sincere and not a fellow poseur, his dormant decency gene came through. Maybe he said I cant sleep with this chick! Shes buying into this farce! Yeah Im a prick, but even I have my limits. I'll look like a weak ass, but I'll know the truth.

Anything is possible. I guess.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 13
I don't see how Jess survived two rounds of casting.

My guess is that she was a good enough actress to give them what they thought they were looking for.  She's attractive without being gorgeous.  I remember her from season 1 and I remember feeling bad that she wasn't picked; maybe they felt that too and thought others would feel the same about her.

As a rule, I try to recognize the possibility of different interpretations of a person's actions, in order to preserve my faith in humanity in,the midst of depravity and squalor. So, here's what: Maybe Sean entered this show on a fraudulent foundation. His motives were underhanded and selfish. Okay. But maybe once he recognized that Davina was sincere and not a fellow poseur, his dormant deceny gene came through. Maybe he said I cant sleep with this chick! Shes buying into this farce! Yeah Im a prick, but even I have my limits. I'll look like a weak ass, but I'll know the truth.

You are kind!  And I appreciate that and try to be that way myself.  But I can't believe it about this dude.  When he still thought he was in with a chance he asked her if she was noisy during sex on camera and in front of the masseuses -both of which would have shut me down in a hurry.  (I also think his altercation with the hotel staff about her ring was meant to make him look like the tough guy he's not, but end result exposed him for the puss he is.)  If Davina had been willing to do it at first he would have, but when she was holding off he just couldn't be bothered.  We may never know why, but I'm of the opinion that it was due to lack of interest in putting in the effort needed, possible gayness, or (my first pick!):  the opportunity to become a beloved, sensitive TV character who "America" now wants to see on the Bachelor, Survivor, etc.  

• Love 5

What ATM spits out $100 bills? Did anyone else catch that? Ryan D is so full of it.

I was just going to post that! I don't give a flying fig whether he took some of the wedding money or not, but the story he told was complete horseshit. The five $20 bills I got from the ATM earlier today agree ;)

• Love 10

Jessica is determined to stand up for herself and be strong. Unfortunately she has a misconception about what that means. It doesn't mean becoming as mean and demeaning as the person who is abusing them. It's possible to confront about behavior without indulging. In bad behavior. If it becomes impossible, you leave. Don't sink to his level.

• Love 10

I felt sorry for the women, it does seem they all went into this hoping to find real husbands, but the men weren't interested in being husbands. And it annoyed me that the " experts" blamed the participants.

Back around 1965 I had a history teacher who often said that an ex-spurt is just a has-been drip under pressure

• Love 5

Sean reminds me somewhat of an ex. He cried a lot, too. And I remember reading a book about relationships, I can't remember the author or title, but it said that women should avoid men who cry, because, while it is true that they are in touch with feelings, the only feelings they are in touch with are their own.

Yep.

• Love 12

This show is such a mess that I had to create an account to vent! In alphabetical order:

DAVINA comes across as a snob to me. She would make me very uncomfortable if I had to be around her in a work or social setting, as I feel like she is very judgmental and quick to mock someone for any "uncool" behavior (with uncool being completely defined by her and not applying to her ever). I saw Sean try to joke around with her several times during the season and get squashed by her snobiness. She also shut him down fast and hard when he did try to explain himself--I can't blame him for putting in no effort when she was just going to steam roll him at every turn. I give her credit that she didn't try to hide or tone down her personality for the sake of appearances. I also think she is a very intelligent woman, which makes her immature behavior on social media all the more confusing--isn't she concerned about how that will affect her clients' perceptions of her? Generally a dislikable character.

JACLYN was not very likeable in the beginning. She called it herself--she's rough around the edges. Ordering food for Ryan drove me nuts. But, she grew on me. She comes across as a genuinely nice person with great self-awareness, and she has a rockin bod!! Definitely my favorite character.

JESSICA is cray-cray. That still frame unthread of Ryan and her on the couch says it all. He desperately wants to get away from her, while she sits confidently with a smug smirk on her face. In my state, OPs are given to anyone for very little reason, and are thus largely abused as retaliation weapons. She got mad at him for cheating on her and saying umpteen million rude things to her. She loses control of herself and smashes his dead grandfather's watch (I don't care that she bought a new one, you can't replace sentimental value), plans this big scene where she throws a bill at him, and that's just what they decided to show. I think she she probably did start the fake IG calling Ryan a drug dealer, and I don't think she truly feels threatened by him. I think she feels hurt, and that is the real basis of the OP. I also think she has destroyed any chances of having an acting career, as she comes across as volatile and emotionally unstable, and I don't know what production company would want to run the risk of her rage after watching this drama unfold. Too bad, as she is very pretty, and interesting in the same way as that one person we all have on Facebook that you keep around just to see what crazy things they are up to now.

RYAN DOUCHE is a pretty fitting name. I've known guys like him. They are arrogant, mentally stuck at about 21, do not respect women, and run their mouths constantly. I feel like he is all talk, no action, but what kind of an idiot can't keep his mouth in check when he is on national TV and being followed by thousands of people on social media? I don't feel like he ever gave a good rebuttal to Jessica's claim that he stole the money, and I think that is because he stole the money. When she calls him out on stuff, he stammers for a minute as he tries to think of a lie to defend himself, can't think fast enough, so resorts to anger and insults instead. He is his own worst enemy.

RYAN RUN-HOME-TO-MOM actually didn't bother me much. I think he did not enjoy sex with Jaclyn, as it all seemed to go downhill at that point. Classic case of he's just not that into her. Poor Jaclyn. According to her, he did flat out tell her as much over the phone, so while he seemed to pretend to be into it on camera, I think he was more honest with her behind the scenes.

SEAN didn't come across as authentic. I think he had an idea of how he was going to run the show when it started, as he seemed very confident, forward, and even overboard with the hotel staff. However, I think he was derailed by the likes of Davina. She was not going to allow him to play out his fantasy character, so he quit playing altogether. I also wonder if perhaps he is bi, due to the LGBT bowling team, and being married to a woman meant no more men, and that thought freaked him out, and perhaps even made him question his sexuality further? I know it is reaching, but he went from very sexual, talking about sex sounds at the couples massage, to don't touch me, which I find strange. As far as the DUI--you are too old for that sort of thing, Sean. Call a cab.

Anyway, just my take on how everything has been presented by the show and the media. This took forever to type out with one finger, so my apologies for typos and Possibly repeating other opinions!

• Love 12

I'm sorry, but regarding Ryan Douche and Jessica, if I had to put up with his psychotic, erratic behavior for six weeks and then found out he was cheating on me, I would have broken more than his watch. Everyone bagging on her for that, give me a break. Did you watch the show at all? And that's just what they didn't edit out!

Every talking head and expert conversation was the same thing with him. "Owning up" to the things he was doing. I'm sorry, but if you just keep doing them, your "mature apologies" are meaningless.

Where was the criticism from the experts for any of his behavior? Where was it on the reunion special when he shut down or stormed off? Then Jessica makes a lame burn with a hundred dollar bill. So hurtful. I guess handing someone some money is "sinking down" to the level of verbal and psychological abuse he gave her for six solid weeks? Give me a break.

Nobody is blameless or perfect in a relationship. But to equate anything Jessica did with his awful behavior is patently ridiculous.

• Love 13

DAVINA comes across as a snob to me. She would make me very uncomfortable if I had to be around her in a work or social setting, as I feel like she is very judgmental and quick to mock someone for any "uncool" behavior (with uncool being completely defined by her and not applying to her ever)

JACLYN was not very likeable in the beginning. She called it herself--she's rough around the edges. Ordering food for Ryan drove me nuts. But, she grew on me. She comes across as a genuinely nice person with great self-awareness, and she has a rockin bod!! Definitely my favorite character.

These two EXACTLY. I can sympathize with Davina just a little bit because she seems like the kind of person who after bring hurt, IMMDEDIATLEY lashes out, then shuts down emotionally and cuts someone off for a certain amount of time, which is a bad habit of my own. You really see it when Sean does something small that she doesn't like. She yells at him, then she stops trying. She also expects everyone to just BE what she wants them to be. But yes, she seems very snobbish and I'd be afraid to be around her for long periods of time because I could probably literally FEEL her juding me.

Sam with Jaclyn. I didn't like her at first. I thought she was too rough on Ryan (who I though was super cute) but she quickylwarmed up to me and now I see what an amazing person she is. She doesn't hold back at admitting her own faults and trying to change them (a quality you don't see in most people).

...oh and you had a habit of calling them "characters". I did it when I first began watching reality TV, but since this IS reality TV they aren't characters. I think the proper term is "personality"

• Love 1

BexStavi

I'm sorry, but regarding Ryan Douche and Jessica, if I had to put up with his psychotic, erratic behavior for six weeks and then found out he was cheating on me, I would have broken more than his watch. Everyone bagging on her for that, give me a break. Did you watch the show at all? And that's just what they didn't edit out!

Every talking head and expert conversation was the same thing with him. "Owning up" to the things he was doing. I'm sorry, but if you just keep doing them, your "mature apologies" are meaningless.

Where was the criticism from the experts for any of his behavior? Where was it on the reunion special when he shut down or stormed off? Then Jessica makes a lame burn with a hundred dollar bill. So hurtful. I guess handing someone some money is "sinking down" to the level of verbal and psychological abuse he gave her for six solid weeks? Give me a break.

Nobody is blameless or perfect in a relationship. But to equate anything Jessica did with his awful behavior is patently ridiculous.

I agree with every single word you wrote. Ryans is 100% accountable for his behavior. Period. 

• Love 4

She's attractive without being gorgeous. I remember her from season 1 and I remember feeling bad that she wasn't picked; maybe they felt that too and thought others would feel the same about her.

When I told my mother Jess tried out for season one, she insisted she may have been a good match for Jason.

I wish the reunion had a quick update on the first season marriages.

Still sending good vibes to Davina and Jaclyn after the show.  Davina really did a nice job when the poseurs attacked her.

The poseurs tried to defend themselves with D&S by exposing they only spent 10 of the 42 nights together, it seems likely half of those 10 were on the honeymoon.  Wish they had asked the other couples how many nights they spent together in their crumbling marriages. 

So Jessica & Ryan stay married at the end of 6 weeks, but she goes to "his" apartment.  (Wonder if he and JoJo have a secret place).  Does anyone feel bad that Ryan D's behavior created a social media situation that made his mother cry?

• Love 4

I don't think that the experts were called out enough on the location/distance issue with Sean and Davina (or if they were it was edited out).  Davina had a life and career and even set a hard limit on staying in Manhattan.  Sean had a life and career about 2-3 hours away and even though he did say he was willing to relocate, I doubt he would have signed off on relocating that far.  Although the relationship likely wouldn't of worked anyways, I wanted to scream at the experts when they pissed and moaned that they only spent 10 days together since they were the ones who made the decision.   It would be difficult to make that work for 2 people who were together for years and knew each other and even worse for strangers.

• Love 7

There was one last week where Sean says something about calling Davina "Satan" that wasn't aired in this. We only got to see Davina say "you called me Satan", and that was it. I definitely feel like they edited the best parts of these shows out.

They did address the satan comment. The host asked Sean why he thought of her as the devil and he responds. It wasn't the greatest answer but it was addressed.

Reflecting a little more on the Reunion...

Davina continues to get criticized (across the net) for the failure between her and Sean. Her "inability to compromise" on their living situation seems a huge problem for so many viewers. I blame Cilona for that particular, unfair backlash.

From the beginning, Davina's dealbreaker was clear. She would not leave Manhattan. Yet, after Sean agreed to relocate, then reneged, Cilona decided to berate Davina. Well she never specified it had to be the Upper East Side, Cilona griped after the fact. Why not the Upper West Side? Sean could have handled the NY/NJ commute from the UWS!

And Cilona was all over social media with that kind of shaming of Davina. Unfair and unjust. Because the commute was the least of Sean's problems with Davina.

Did the experts hear Jaclyn tonight? She said she was willing to do ANY compromise for Ryan. Half a week in NJ, half a week on LI. Alternating weeks or alternating weekends. But Ryan wasnt interested. He's not in love with Jaclyn, nor sexually compatible.

That has to be hurtful to Jaclyn, but she knows it's better to know the truth now, rather than later.

Unlike Sean who continues the charade that the commute and energy and noise of the city are what killed the romance and desire. Oh, yeah, and Davina's inability to be his "caretaker"? Tonight he said, "...and I'll never forget it, when she said to me, 'I am not going to be your caretaker.'" He was shocked by her callousness. Shocked. Is that what he really wanted from a wife?

I say, good for Davina, good for knowing what she wants and what she doesnt want. And, good for Davina standing up for herself in the face of the ugly onslaught of accusations by Levkoff and Cilona.

BTW, how DOES Sean survive the chaotic, frenetic, loud, glaringly-lit, smelly, screaming Hades that is the average City ER? He is such a delicate snowflake; he chose an odd profession for himself.

• Love 20

I'm glad I took the insider info with a grain of salt. A number of things didn't align. They said the wrong Ryan cheated and that the experts forced the women to say yes. I'm sorry but if someone is forcing me to stay in a bad situation I wouldn't be giving them a big hug like jessica and jac did with the experts.

As far as the experts are concerned we have got to stop acting like they lived this experience with the participants as it was happening. They matched the people and then the people had to do the work. Even the participants acknowledged that. These were not their personal therapists providing them services. Golly, calm down. They aren't quacks because the people are getting divorced. They made arrangements based on info the participants gave them and assessments. Honestly, if we could do better and handle the stress of that then they wouldn't have a show and we wouldn't be watching it and talking about. Plus, they are are personally invested. In any matchmaking situation the matchmaker usually is.

I agree Ryan is a douche but jessica called him a gambler not a drug addict. Just for ratings alone, if she had said it I would have definitely added that into the show. Personally, she did not come off as abused. When I was younger my parents help a woman who was abused. She avoided windows, wasn't very confident, was jumpy at times, and when she talked about her husband you saw true fear and trepidation. Jessica imho looked like a pissed off woman and rightfully so but not abused. Could he have threatened her? Sure but admitting to smashing his property is more "violent" then we have seen him be to her. saying he was wearing the watch she bought him, then giving him the "ok boo boo I got your number" side hug at the end shows me that she and her lawyer ain't dumb. I don't buy her being afraid. But her giving him the $100 gave me life! Dr. C was right she could have been the bigger person and not be petty but at that point she was just over it and with him cheating on her I don't condone it but don't necessarily blame her.

Davina deserved to get asked what her part was to play in the ending of her relationship. I was just as frustrated with her as Dr. Logan. There is no growth in you as a person, imho, if you cannot see and take responsibility for your actions in the demise of something. To me that is disingenuous. She was no angel and if she had owned up to that like everyone else did she would have come off better. Being rightfully pissed doesn't make you immune from correction.

I don't like Sean so anything he said was blah to me but everyone is allowed to change their mind. He thought he could handle moving and then he realized he couldn't. That doesn't make him a liar just that he didn't know that about himself until he was put in this situation. However, I do think that if Davina had been the girl for him he would have made the sacrifice.

Love Jac. Dated a dude like Ryan R. He's the type that talks our of both sides of his mouth. She doesn't need that.

• Love 5

What ATM spits out $100 bills? Did anyone else catch that? Ryan D is so full of it.

Interestingly...ATM's at casinos readily throw $100's at you.... (Just got back from Vegas - $200 ATM will get you 5 20's and 1 100).

Gambler....that would explain the $100 ATM's...

• Love 8

As a rule, I try to recognize the possibility of different interpretations of a person's actions, in order to preserve my faith in humanity in,the midst of depravity and squalor. So, here's what: Maybe Sean entered this show on a fraudulent foundation. His motives were underhanded and selfish. Okay. But maybe once he recognized that Davina was sincere and not a fellow poseur, his dormant decency gene came through. Maybe he said I cant sleep with this chick! Shes buying into this farce! Yeah Im a prick, but even I have my limits. I'll look like a weak ass, but I'll know the truth.

Anything is possible. I guess.

That's an interesting interpretation but I'm more cynical.  My theory has always been that when Sean saw that Davina was sincere and not a fellow poseur he lost his hard on for her because she would have too many needs from his point of view.  I don't think it was because of any conscience or he would have treated her much better and had an air of guilt about him all through the 6 weeks. Instead, he went into "Oh shit I'd better find a way out of this and still look good" mode.   If he thought she was just in it for a fun time and some TV exposure he would have had sex with her right away.  It was her putting him off that (to him) felt like an emasculation.  I thought Ryan R. showed signs of guilt with Jaclyn but Sean did not show any guilt with Davina, just scrambling around to make himself look good to the camera (and her bad).  He's actually much slicker than he came off.  I think that weak stuff was an act to make people think he was the one being bullied or rejected.  Then when he apologizes to her most of the public is going to go "What a guy, she rejects him and he apologizes for making her feel rejected!"  Meanwhile he rejected her and even the apology was insincere.  I don't think Davina had ever come across the likes of Sean before although she was completely on to him.  If that were me I would have outed him to the show and not let up on it rather than let them (and him) paint me as the villain.  I feel like Davina let herself be bullied by Sean, the show, and the experts.

• Love 6

They did address the satan comment. The host asked Sean why he thought of her as the devil and he responds. It wasn't the greatest answer but it was addressed.

In the preview it looked like he really responded but not on the show.  It was obvious that something very pertinent was edited out.

From the beginning, Davina's dealbreaker was clear. She would not leave Manhattan. Yet, after Sean agreed to relocate, then reneged, Cilona decided to berate Davina. Well she never specified it had to be the Upper East Side, Cilona griped after the fact. Why not the Upper West Side? Sean could have handled the NY/NJ commute from the UWS!

I'm experienced driving in and out of Manhattan and I don't think living on the UWS would have made more than 10 minutes worth of difference to Sean's commute, if that.  In fact, it could have been worse depending on where they lived.

I'm glad I took the insider info with a grain of salt. A number of things didn't align. They said the wrong Ryan cheated and that the experts forced the women to say yes. I'm sorry but if someone is forcing me to stay in a bad situation I wouldn't be giving them a big hug like jessica and jac did with the experts.

I don't think that's necessarily the case.  The right Ryan could have cheated but Jac didn't want to out him about it on the show, esp. because at that point she might have wanted to keep her options open with him.   He may have done it because in his mind he was done with her by that point anyway.  The experts probably had nothing to do with "forcing" the women to stay in a bad situation.  It was probably production, who didn't force them but strongly advised them that it was in their best interests to do so for many non-relationship reasons, like their contract, the money, etc.  So I think they might have been strong-armed into it.

• Love 3

The only thing Jessica did wrong with the $100 bill is not shoving it up his ass. Why does an abused woman have to be Mother Theresa to not get blamed for causing or contributing to her abuse?

Those of us who have experienced it know that Ryan D. is verbally and psychologically abusive. I didn't get a restraining order against my ex; I got a baseball bat.  He showed up at my door once screaming and threatening me. Then he saw the bat and the look in my eyes, and never bothered me again. If someone wants to label me as being as bad as he is, I don't care.

• Love 18

Here's my take on the whole mess.  

I think out of all six participants only Jaclyn seemed mature enough to actually have a successful marriage.

Davina and Sean:

To me, neither of them really wanted to get married.  I think Sean was in it for the fame, he wanted to be on TV, that's why Davina kept saying he wasn't "there."  She knew something was off but couldn't put her finger on it, or she didn't want to say, "he just wanted to be on TV."  I kind of get why the experts went after Davina.  To me, she has a strange set of expectations for a man.  She said something like, if a man wants to be with you, he'll move mountains, etc.  Now, that's something I have heard some women say, but I'm not so certain it's that way today.  Today people are busy, they have jobs, family obligations, financial issues, etc.  A man might really care for Davina, but might also feel it's not worth the effort.  Relationships are hard enough, to me Davina would make them even harder.

Jessica and Ryan D.:  

I didn't like either of them.  They came off like two little children who haven't grown up.  They don't know how to speak to each other.  Ryan says very mean things to Jessica and she retaliates by destroying his watches (WTF?) and that act with the $100 dollar bill?  The experts were right, they told her that she planned to do that on the show, and I thought that was very nasty of her.  I don't cape for women just because I'm a woman too.  I don't buy her restraining order for one second.  I have a friend whose husband's first wife would always file a restraining order on him when he'd come to see the children.  Then when they would move away from her, she'd follow them.  WTF, if you're so scared of the guy, why do you keep following him?  It only ended when my friend her husband left town.  Anyway, I think the only reason Jessica filed the restraining order was because she wants an excuse to get divorced.  See, divorce isn't in her vocabulary.  I once heard a therapist say that if you don't know how to get out of a relationship, you shouldn't get into one.  When did Jessica file the restraining order?  I even wonder if Ryan said what she claimed he said, after her behavior last night.  She's a little passive aggressive one, and I can't stand people like that.  If she didn't want Ryan, if she was that scared of him, then they should have gotten divorced after the six weeks.  Besides, Ryan is a poser, a wannabe thug, he acts like a sixteen year old who's listened to too many Emenim CD's.  He needs to take a seat.

Jaclyn and Ryan R.:

I like Jaclyn, I really do.  I think she is mature and that was the problem because Ryan doesn't strike me as mature at all.  He's a child.  He needs to get out of his mother's basement, live on his own for awhile and then think about getting married.  Jaclyn needs a MAN, someone who's got their shit together.  I don't think Jacklyn's personality is big, I think she's a grown up.  I think she was the only one who learned something, that just because you don't have an immediate physical attraction to somebody, doesn't mean he's not "the one."  

• Love 5

I'm experienced driving in and out of Manhattan and I don't think living on the UWS would have made more than 10 minutes worth of difference to Sean's commute, if that.  In fact, it could have been worse depending on where they lived.

I don't think that's necessarily the case.  The right Ryan could have cheated but Jac didn't want to out him about it on the show, esp. because at that point she might have wanted to keep her options open with him.   He may have done it because in his mind he was done with her by that point anyway.  The experts probably had nothing to do with "forcing" the women to stay in a bad situation.  It was probably production, who didn't force them but strongly advised them that it was in their best interests to do so for many non-relationship reasons, like their contract, the money, etc.  So I think they might have been strong-armed into it.

My theory just from tweets and comments is that Ryan R might have seen his ex after the initial 6 weeks when he moved back to LI so while he knew that Jac and him were finished he was still leading her to believe that they could work on the relationship, so while she might see it as cheating he does not IYKWIM. I have absolutely no proof to back it up though

• Love 1
(edited)

Not that I like any of these bozos, but why does Jessica get an apology from the 'experts' for a bad match, and Davina gets attacked by them for not bending over backwards to make it work with the pathological liar she was matched with?

The spoiler thread has the answer to this and other questions.   There is a lot of  information that will help make sense to some things we saw and the elephant in the room for those who have not read it.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4
(edited)

Jaclyn and Ryan R.:

I like Jaclyn, I really do.  I think she is mature and that was the problem because Ryan doesn't strike me as mature at all.  He's a child.  He needs to get out of his mother's basement, live on his own for awhile and then think about getting married.  Jaclyn needs a MAN, someone who's got their shit together.  I don't think Jacklyn's personality is big, I think she's a grown up.  I think she was the only one who learned something, that just because you don't have an immediate physical attraction to somebody, doesn't mean he's not "the one."  

AND just because you are immediately physically attracted to somebody doesn't mean he IS the one.  

NONE of these woman could make a dent in experts' self satisfied smugness to make them even begin to acknowledge that none of the men were truly interested in being married.   RyanR is a person who comes off as a nice person, a good person, but a lot of that is him saying agreeable things.  Doing the right things is much more important.   I wonder why they didn't ask Jaclyn how many nights they spent together.   But maybe the poster who said that Ryan didn't enjoy sex with Jaclyn hit the nail on the head.   Oh, I could ramble on here.  There's no end.   But read the spoiler thread for the biggest sign of Ryan not being a caring person.

Edited by Stinamaia
  • Love 2
(edited)

I haven't had a chance to read all the responses here yet, and I'm afraid that they will be coming in so fast I won't be able to keep up before I get my two cents in, so here goes:

First, I LOVE Kevin Frasier, think he did an outstanding job!  He sure beats the hell out of Andy Cohen doing the Housewives reunions and Dr. Drew with the Teen Moms. 

Jessica was wrong smashing Ryan's watch - BUT, he tries to make it worse by saying it was TWO watches, given to him by his grandparents with great sentimental value.  I highly doubt that.  And, Jessica replaced the watch. 

Jaclyn said that Ryan hurt her in every way possible, yet all that was brought up was that Ryan "withdrew".  There's got to be a whole lot more that wasn't said.  I think Jaclyn is way too good and way too much for Ryan.  The experts put him in over his head.  IMO, Jaclyn is dynamic and Ryan is just a regular guy.

Sean and Davina - they are both at fault and just wrong for one another.  I don't see successful relationships for either of them in their future.  I was shocked by how hard the experts came down on Davina. 

My DVR cut off but there was a quick mention at the very end about "The First Year" aftershow continuing.  Did anyone else catch this?  I can't believe they would actually want to continue with this group, but maybe it was filmed before all the shitstorm started and someone forgot to cut that part before they rushed to air Part 2.

Edited by suzeecat

Why on earth were Davnia and Sean wearing wedding rings when they first came out to talk with Kevin both separately and together?

These rings were left behind in the apt. We all knew they wanted the divorce, so now six months later they are wearing rings?

I don't think they had them on at the end when all of  six them were back.

• Love 1

I watched on FYI and didn't see Sean address it. Did I miss it or was it on A&E?

(edited)

As far as the experts are concerned we have got to stop acting like they lived this experience with the participants as it was happening. They matched the people and then the people had to do the work. Even the participants acknowledged that. These were not their personal therapists providing them services. Golly, calm down. They aren't quacks because the people are getting divorced. They made arrangements based on info the participants gave them and assessments. Honestly, if we could do better and handle the stress of that then they wouldn't have a show and we wouldn't be watching it and talking about. Plus, they are are personally invested. In any matchmaking situation the matchmaker usually is.

I agree Ryan is a douche but jessica called him a gambler not a drug addict. Just for ratings alone, if she had said it I would have definitely added that into the show. Personally, she did not come off as abused. When I was younger my parents help a woman who was abused. She avoided windows, wasn't very confident, was jumpy at times, and when she talked about her husband you saw true fear and trepidation. Jessica imho looked like a pissed off woman and rightfully so but not abused. Could he have threatened her? Sure but admitting to smashing his property is more "violent" then we have seen him be to her. saying he was wearing the watch she bought him, then giving him the "ok boo boo I got your number" side hug at the end shows me that she and her lawyer ain't dumb. I don't buy her being afraid. But her giving him the $100 gave me life! Dr. C was right she could have been the bigger person and not be petty but at that point she was just over it and with him cheating on her I don't condone it but don't necessarily blame her.

Davina deserved to get asked what her part was to play in the ending of her relationship. I was just as frustrated with her as Dr. Logan. There is no growth in you as a person, imho, if you cannot see and take responsibility for your actions in the demise of something. To me that is disingenuous. She was no angel and if she had owned up to that like everyone else did she would have come off better. Being rightfully pissed doesn't make you immune from correction.

I don't like Sean so anything he said was blah to me but everyone is allowed to change their mind. He thought he could handle moving and then he realized he couldn't. That doesn't make him a liar just that he didn't know that about himself until he was put in this situation. However, I do think that if Davina had been the girl for him he would have made the sacrifice.

Love Jac. Dated a dude like Ryan R. He's the type that talks our of both sides of his mouth. She doesn't need that.

Thanks so much for this.  I think I love you, Lady Dee. <3  And also, we're going to be in the minority in this forum methinks.

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 2

IMHO I don't think anything Jessica did is deserving of the way Ryan treats her. I don't think even the $100 bill was worth it. It was immature, but I'm certain she's likely tired of it at this point. I don't think it's fair for anyone to say she's lying. We will have to see how it plays out. I've never seen a reunion where a person lose their cool and try to control it the way RyanDouche did. I'm certain much was said we did not hear

• Love 7
(edited)

I think the producers dreamed up the "second try" with  RR and Jac. They didn't want to be 0-3.

Can't wait for Jac to do so much better than him!!!!

Jaclyn needs a MAN, someone who's got their shit together. 

Exactly. This says it all. Bingo! 

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 3