Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: 6 Months Later

• Start Topic

So folks, I'm going to lock this thread until the episode is done airing. Bella is away, and I'm going to be in the car while it airs, most likely. This way, we can all just "enjoy" the reunion as it airs, marshall our thoughts on the madness, and post when it's over.

Please avoid live-chatting in other threads. We'll have at least one guest mod (cooksdelight) watching the forums, and she'll hide any live-chatting about the reunion.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation!

-Aeth

• Love 1

A&E has changed their schedule, and will be airing both parts of the Reunion tonight, one right after the other.  Thus, this thread will open at 11pm EST, and will cover both episodes, which I think everyone will prefer over having 2 threads and trying to figure out what thing happened in which half of the reunion :) 

• Love 6
(edited)

Okay, is it just me or were there several little clips of "coming in the next segment" type stuff that weren't then shown in the next segment? One was RyanR either getting down on one knee or getting up on the couch (it was a quick cut) and the other was the experts looking shocked at something and all kinda half standing. But almost in a good way? They were shown back to back so I assumed they were reacting to Ryan re-asking Jaclyn to marry him. 

Those are the two I noticed, but there may have been more. 

The segments were fairly interesting and informative (even if it felt like they were at times talking about events we never got to see - still)...until the Jaclyn and Ryan which seemed like half an hour broken down into 5 minutes of talking, 10 minutes of commercials and 15 minutes of recap. They had more recap than any of the other couples and it seemed like there was no real conclusion. 

Just felt weird. 

Edited to add: At least with Jacyln and Ryan I get the feeling they genuinely like and care about each other. But maybe they're meant to just be good friends. There's nothing wrong with that.

Edited by I-Kare
  • Love 2
(edited)

Davina handled herself well against the attack. I don't like her but the "experts" were clearly set to gang up on her to deflect from their own fault in matching them. I thought Sean's tears and sorrys were for the cameras before Davina said it. Sean was playing the reality show game and she caught on. I wonder if the picture thing really did happen. Kevin looked surprised.

Jessica and Ryan- with all we know now the ending with everyone was weird. Had the threat happened already? But Jessica clearly was baiting him with that $100 and why would you do that to a person who has threatened you??

Ryan and Jaclyn- I was hoping they could stick it out longer but I'm not surprised by how it turned out.

Can Kevin take over the show? I don't watch the Insider much but he was very good. He handled Ryan as best as anyone could, he asked good follow up questions ("why did you have her find out on Social Media?") He gave good commentary on marriage. Kevin may as well replace the failed "Experts."

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 10

I don't know that the experts are incompetent, just that they are willing to BS. They had no actual input in choosing the guys, almost none and choosing the women and mostly served to try to hold the couples together for 6 weeks. Either they are pathological or there's a huge financial penalty if they spill the beans about the show.

• Love 2
(edited)

I definitely think this was sanitized and that Davina did herself no favors by letting her anger make her look bad.  I sympathize with her but she could have done a lot to show Sean for the ass he really is by being the better person.  She was so closed that it gave off the impression that she is the one at fault.  If I were her I would have opened up and been honest about just exactly why I thought Sean wasn't being honest.  She was way too vague and actually too kind to him. 

I feel really sorry for Jaclyn right now.  No way was her Ryan ready for marriage.  I actually came away believing that there might be another woman but Jac is too respectful of Ryan and would be too ashamed to admit it, plus she doesn't want to ruin her chances of another shot with him.  I hate to say it, but she would probably be better off without him.  If he doesn't know what she's worth to him by now, he's not worth it.

I feel like we didn't see what  REALLY went on between Jess and Ryan D. There is more they didn't show us, I know it.  They were way too civil with each other by the end of the show.  Ryan D. came out looking like a real ass.

Actually the biggest asses of all were the "experts".  Logan needs to learn that it's not all about her and her freaking reputation.  I love how they blame Davina like she's not entitled to her feelings just because they feel she makes them look bad.  I think Logan and Cilona will be their own undoing.  I actually feel sorry for Dr. Pepper.  She is definitely the professional in that group and seemed to really care about the couples more than her image.  The other two are trash in my book.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 6

Okay, is it just me or were there several little clips of "coming in the next segment" type stuff that weren't then shown in the next segment? One was RyanR either getting down on one knee or getting up on the couch (it was a quick cut) and the other was the experts looking shocked at something and all kinda half standing. But almost in a good way? They were shown back to back so I assumed they were reacting to Ryan re-asking Jaclyn to marry him. 

Those are the two I noticed, but there may have been more.

There was one last week where Sean says something about calling Davina "Satan" that wasn't aired in this.  We only got to see Davina say "you called me Satan", and that was it.  I definitely feel like they edited the best parts of these shows out.

• Love 2
(edited)

two hours.... at least a 3rd of which was commercials, and another 3rd  in recaps.   

Experts are so biased in what they wanted the results to be. Only 1 of the 3 couples should have ever been matched, and that was Jaclyn and Ryan.  Why expect Sean to work two hours away from where  they knew he would have to live to be with Davinia?  Did they expect him to quit his job for a 6 week experiment?  I know a lot of you don't like Sean, but Davinia is a piece of work, she didn't own one issue tonight.  She wants a fairy tale Prince Charming. 

Ryan D is just skeevy.

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 5

There was one last week where Sean says something about calling Davina "Satan" that wasn't aired in this.  We only got to see Davina say "you called me Satan", and that was it.  I definitely feel like they edited the best parts of these shows out.

Ohmygosh that's right! I remember that now. I thought tonight it was weird that Kevin didn't even follow up and ask him if he did that. He just let it go. Now that you said that I remember that preview though.

• Love 3

It seems like all the guys just couldn't handle the stress. They all fell apart in different ways during the experiment. Interesting that at the end, in each couple, it was the MAN who felt like he needed to apologize (even Ryan D!).

To me, this lends some weight to the rumor that the men were not vetted the way the women were.

• Love 7
(edited)

I'm kind of disturbed by Jessica's smashing the watch. She has a temper too. Not that it excuses Ryan's behavior but I'm wondering about what kinds of spiteful stuff went on since Ryan hinted at "tit for tat." That apartment must have been hell.

Ryan D.Bag is no prize, but I think he is right in that Jessica is infuriating, she says one thing, and acts totally different.  Smashing watches?  The 100 bill thing?  Really, that's no better.

Edited by butterly17
  • Love 6

Love how they pressured them to keep trying....

Even when it was happening, I was so sure that Ryan R. was only caving into pressure by the experts to give it another chance with Jaclyn.  I doubt he has any intentions of doing that.  That poor girl is handling it very well.  I don't think I would have handled it as well as she did.  I think Jac is a class act and Ryan R. is a real jerk.  It was pearls before swine.  Jaclyn isn't too much for him, he's not enough for a real woman, IMHO.

• Love 16

Ugh, I want to smack Ryan R. for being such a wet noodle. Jaclyn is amazing and deserves someone who's nuts about her!

Ryan D. is a total con artist. I still think he's on some kind of drugs. Probably snorted some coke after leaving the set, since he looked more awake at the end.

Sean and Davina are both so awful, but I'm glad she didn't let the experts intimidate her.

• Love 10
(edited)

Even when it was happening, I was so sure that Ryan R. was only caving into pressure by the experts to give it another chance with Jaclyn. I doubt he has any intentions of doing that. That poor girl is handling it very well. I don't think I would have handled it as well as she did. I think Jac is a class act and Ryan R. is a real jerk. It was pearls before swine. Jaclyn isn't too much for him, he's not enough for a real woman, IMHO.

My dad always said it would take a special man to handle me....he's right! My man lets me take the lead and can handle my personality! And some people calm once they find their right match. She's doing great. He's the douche Edited by aethera
fixed quote :)
  • Love 4

Not that I like any of these bozos, but why does Jessica get an apology from the 'experts' for a bad match, and Davina gets attacked by them for not bending over backwards to make it work with the pathological liar she was matched with?

I want to know this too
  • Love 4

Not that I like any of these bozos, but why does Jessica get an apology from the 'experts' for a bad match, and Davina gets attacked by them for not bending over backwards to make it work with the pathological liar she was matched with?

My thoughts exactly... so what if Davina has personality flaws.... why is she not entitled to her feelings??

It seems the "experts" were extremely biased toward Jessica and Jacklyn - they loved them, so they could no wrong.

You could see the shock on their faces when the so-called innocent, little wall-flower Jessica who just "needs to find her voice" pulled  that hundred dollar bill out on the show.

They would have done much better to take a more distanced stance- and just stick to the idea that its an experiment, and therefore no way to know what the outcome would be. They were way too biased/invested in some of these people, and it showed all over their faces tonight.

• Love 6

What a mess. I thought Logan's lips were going to disappear entirely there for a while.

I also love that Logan loves a strong woman who stands up for herself. Except Davina, that is.

The "experts" talk about accountability. But they took none themselves. They made good matches. The couples failed.

• Love 19

Ryan D.Bag is no prize, but I think he is right in that Jessica is infuriating, she says one thing, and acts totally different.  Smashing watches?  The 100 bill thing?  Really, that's no better.

I agree.  I think that's why I was down on Jess from day one.  I could see that she had her issues. I definitely think Ryan D. is much worse than she is, though, and I feel sorry for her.  I'll bet he had a blow up on camera but they took it out. 

What I really want to know is how come Jess gets allowed to do these retaliatory things without the "experts" coming down on her like they do with Davina, and Davina didn't do anything nearly as destructive to Sean as Jess did to Ryan.  Sean is a big ass and the experts should have seen that so I don't get it.  I can't believe how the judges were totally schmoozed by Sean.  They didn't even ask Davina to substantiate why she thought Sean was dishonest.  I was wishing I could do her talking for her, I would have crucified those freaking judges!  They would have had to shut up or apologize to me after I was done talking.  Perhaps Davina was too subjective and into her own feelings to be able to do that.

• Love 8

Embarrassed for Jac that the "experts" kept begging for a second chance for Ryan, but Ryan didn't. They seem better off as just friends. I think she'll come out of this fine as she was classy till the end. Lots of people will want to set her up with their brothers and guy friends.

First time I've seen Kevin and thought he was a very good host, waaaaaay better than Andy Cohen.

• Love 7

Hah, I was writing my post to that effect when you wrote yours - great minds think alike.  I want to know that too.  Jess gets to do the spiteful thing with the $100 bill and smash Ryan's watches but the experts are silent, meanwhile Davina gets crucified just for saying Sean was not clicking with her, like she was expecting too much.  Excuse me but whether or not she thinks they click is not their decision nor their right to question.

• Love 6
(edited)

The cat I'm sure is fine, but it would be nice to know the Goldfish made it out of the apartment... If it did... The stories the Cat could tell if possible could rival Little Miss Puffytails (/Quilted northern commercial) life.

Forgot to put in my other post, Dr. Pepper did look ashamed/ had genuine guilt re: Ryan & Jess.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 4

Even when it was happening, I was so sure that Ryan R. was only caving into pressure by the experts to give it another chance with Jaclyn.  I doubt he has any intentions of doing that.  That poor girl is handling it very well.  I don't think I would have handled it as well as she did.  I think Jac is a class act and Ryan R. is a real jerk.  It was pearls before swine.  Jaclyn isn't too much for him, he's not enough for a real woman, IMHO.

I loved the body language on that couch. He kept scooting closer to her and she was backed into the corner. I thought maybe she was going to sit on the armrest! :D

I think RyanR is invested in being the nice guy. Jaclyn tried to tell them that he says the right words, but he doesn't follow through, and they did not hear her at all. It was like she just said, "OK'" but she knows it's not going to happen because he won't do what he needs to do. It was kind of sad to see them push like that just because they needed some feel good for the show.

• Love 6
(edited)

Why were the experts all over Davina's ass?!? How can Davina be to blame, if Sean LITERALLY wasn't there?!?!?

Levkoff was infuriated! So unprofessional. Cilona was a tiny bit more low-key, but also unobjective and unprofessional.

Dr Pepper was the most self-contained and fair. Epstein was fairly bland, until he started lecturing Jaclyn on giving Ryan another chance.

The way all four experts kept fidgeting and exchanging looks of horror was ridiculous. Have some self-control people!

Jessie was ill-advised to hand Ryan that $100. It made her look petty and vindictive. RyanD is an enormous liar. Jess didnt need to do a thing to make him look bad.

Sean!! Omg. Shut up, phony poseur. Crying! Apologizing! Every.single.thing.he.does.and.says.on.camera.is.for.EFFECT! He's an awful person.

Jaclyn is full of life. RyanR is a nasal dishrag, boring person. WTF with the experts AND KEVIN forcing the couple to try again? What can Kevin know anything about? Shut up. The ONLY reason the experts pushed for a reconcilation was so their success rate wasnt ZERO at the end.

I give Davina enormous credit for holding her own against Levkoff. If Levkoff and Cilona TRULY think Davina beat down poor wonderful Sean, those pros should not be practicing with real people in real life. L and C made themselves look like selfish, vindictive fools. They did a shitty job matching and now they want to blame the players.

I LOVED the Davina/Sean photo falling off the wall not once, but twice. Such a perfect punctuation mark to the disaster that was their match.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 20

Said it in an earlier episode: Jessica will lose no matter what she does. If she stays silent, she's weak. If she talks back she "provokes" him, "brings out the worst in him" and "makes" him abusive. 

• Love 7
It seems like all the guys just couldn't handle the stress. They all fell apart in different ways during the experiment. Interesting that at the end, in each couple, it was the MAN who felt like he needed to apologize (even Ryan D!).

To me, this lends some weight to the rumor that the men were not vetted the way the women were.

Agreed!  They all pretty much admitted that they weren't into it once it happened (even if they went into it for the "right reasons" :) and the women all seemed pretty hurt.  Although in spite of what has transpired btw Ryan D and Jessica, she seems the least genuine of the women to me.  Or maybe the least ready for marriage?  He was an ass, to be sure, but the watch smashing, dollar bill taunting, etc. made her seem a little crazy pants too.  

Whereas I felt Davina seemed perfectly rational and didn't seem to care when the experts ganged up on her - loved how when they told her how Sean was apologizing she said "And I'm sure he seemed VERY sincere"!  She came in knowing that they were pissed at her and fooled by the man-child they had fixed her up with, and didn't care.  Furthermore, when she said last week that she needs a strong man, many people thought it was insulting to Sean - but he is so into owning his tears, anxieties, childhood trauma, etc. that he should have taken her comment as a compliment :)  

Did anyone else catch the time Cilona and Logan gave each other an arched look around the back of Dr. Pepper's head?  Like two adults might do about a disobedient child?  I've never liked him, but until tonight I did like her, but I'm over her now.

Even when it was happening, I was so sure that Ryan R. was only caving into pressure by the experts to give it another chance with Jaclyn.  I doubt he has any intentions of doing that.  That poor girl is handling it very well.  I don't think I would have handled it as well as she did.  I think Jac is a class act and Ryan R. is a real jerk.  It was pearls before swine.  Jaclyn isn't too much for him, he's not enough for a real woman, IMHO

Agreed again!  (Experts were Bullying!  Call Sean!)  Luckily, I think she went along with it at the end for the same reason.  She did say at one point that he stopped trying as soon as the 6 weeks were over, so that's what - 4 months of nothing from him?  She's not an idiot.

On a (more) shallow note, who dressed the experts?  Whoever it was must hate them too.  ("Spiritual advisor" excepted, I guess :)  And I also did not think Jessica's dress was flattering.

• Love 8

Jess got a pass because Ryan slept with another woman. He broke character first. The experts love Sean, he says all the right things. He's TV ready. Davina kept trying to say that TV Sean isn't real, which makes the show look like a farce. I'm not surprised they came down on her like a ton of bricks.

• Love 6

I'm kind of disturbed by Jessica's smashing the watch. She has a temper too. Not that it excuses Ryan's behavior but I'm wondering about what kinds of spiteful stuff went on since Ryan hinted at "tit for tat." That apartment must have been hell.

This was my thought too.  We haven't heard of any actual violence on his end, just that he has a hot temper and flies off at the mouth.  However, the only violence committed between these two seems to come from her. 

And what was with the $100 she gave him?  That was totally planned to continue a fight they had MONTHS ago.  I'm not believing the Order of Protection.  Jessica definitely knows which buttons to push on Ryan and I would not be surprised if it comes out in the OP hearing that she egged him on.  Now I understand what he meant when he said "check mate" in his IG post. 

There is more to this story than we are getting and at this point, I am agreeing with Ryan...she is an actress playing a part.

• Love 1

Did I mishear, or did Sean manage to throw a gentle 'god bless' to the 'experts' on his way out before they brought Davina in to punctuate his new-found religion?