Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, TenPea said:

I LOVE the Jeep commercial where they "go on a bear hunt".

He is such a cutie, but good heavens, how did he wander so far away?

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Haleth said:

He is such a cutie, but good heavens, how did he wander so far away?

That's what I want to know. They aren't acting like their worried or scared so he couldn't have ran off. Maybe it's a game they play?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I generally hate the limu emu commercials, but I kind of like the one with the Doug Jr, and Limu Jr.

At least they are trying something different.  The problem with these ads with "company spokespeople" is after a few years of them you really never want to see their faces again (I;m looking at you, Flo).

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
12 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:

At least they are trying something different.  The problem with these ads with "company spokespeople" is after a few years of them you really never want to see their faces again (I;m looking at you, Flo).

Awww... I love Flo. She's come a long way from being a switchboard operator. 😉

• Like 8

Wednesday at 01:45 PM

I generally hate the limu emu commercials, but I kind of like the one with the Doug Jr, and Limu Jr.

I think this commercial is adorable! I especially like that Doug Jr. has a mustache just like his dad. :D

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, mmecorday said:

I think this commercial is adorable! I especially like that Doug Jr. has a mustache just like his dad. :D

Whenever I see it, I envision a homeowner's claim for the flowers/lawn destroyed by the little jerk's car.

• Like 3
23 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I don't know what they're advertising but -

"Could you be less sister, more car?"

"I don't know. Could you shut the fuck up before I hang you out an upstairs window by your shorts?"

That's a more realistic ending to that scene.

• Like 6
On 5/26/2023 at 1:18 PM, mmecorday said:

I love this too - and Doug Sr. really sells the “proud dad trying to keep his emotions in check”!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Orchard Valley Harvest for their Dipped Almonds. Their logo with the Shrek "Not my gumdrop buttons" voice. "What do they taste like, I'm just a mascot without a mouth. This next one, chew slower." :O

(edited)

Just watched the Max commercial where Dad decides to reduce the family's streaming expenses by evicting his mother-in-law. So funny! Love Nana's expression of sheer hatred! Good job, Max!

Edited by Red Bridey
I can't type
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, Red Bridey said:

Just watched the Max commercial where Dad decides to reduce the family's streaming expenses by evicting his mother-in-law. So funny! Love Nana's expression of sheer hatred! Good job, Max!

I didn't think it was funny at all. I'm usually critical of elderly women in commercials but she did nothing wrong.

• Like 3
(edited)

I just looked it up, and find it very tired humor -- guy wants to get rid of his mother-in-law.  That's it, no reason given (because no need; everyone hates their mother-in-law, right?)  Yawn.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

This one’s in the category of “This is fun and humorous buuuuuttt…not really sure what it’s promoting?”* Adidas ad:

Loving Trevor Lawrence’s snark in this (“They’re not talking about you, Patrick!” “Why are there basketball players in this commercial?”), and as a Chiefs fan, when I favorite someone over my MVPat, that’s something.

*I’m guessing women’s soccer, which is how it ends, though I thought the soccer convo that preceded it meant it was about soccer in general

• Like 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

I love the Progressive commercial set in "the other side of the rest stop".  Especially Mara's "5 different kinds of jerky?  I live here now."

And what is his name (?) with the "Hey, look free bags!" as he stuffs his pocket with dog poo baggies!! LOL

Edited by Gramto6
  • LOL 5
14 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Thanks, it slipped my mind. I can only retain so much useless info in my old brain. LOL

Flo, Jamie, Mara, Allen, Rodney.  Talk about useless info!  I can name all of them.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, Cobb Salad said:

Love how aloof the cat is and the way the guy in the car says “do you know this person?” 😆 

Super cute and funny 🤣!  Not only is the commercial funny, but I love the voiceover guy and the music at the end.

• Like 5

I haven't seen the the brother one, but the bear cracks me up every time.

I was on the Skyline Drive, spending the night in a lodge there. As I was unloading my car, the ranger noticed my picnic basket and suggested I take it into my room with me, "Or else wake up to your car's windows being smashed."  I asked, "For Triscuits and Nutella?"  He said, "ANYTHING that's food."  (Although I'm not sure why the bear couldn't break into my room easier than he could the parked car.)

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
38 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I haven't seen the the brother one, but the bear cracks me up every time.

I was on the Skyline Drive, spending the night in a lodge there. As I was unloading my car, the ranger noticed my picnic basket and suggested I take it into my room with me, "Or else wake up to your car's windows being smashed."  I asked, "For Triscuits and Nutella?"  He said, "ANYTHING that's food."  (Although I'm not sure why the bear couldn't break into my room easier than he could the parked car.)

Got it. Bears can recognize a pic-a-nic basket through a car window. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
14 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

(Although I'm not sure why the bear couldn't break into my room easier than he could the parked car.)

Easier for the bear to smell the food inside the car than inside the room?  Car windows are probably easier to break than hotel room windows/doors/walls, too.

It just slays me, the way he says, "Roar." at the end of the ad, and you hear all the screaming.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
16 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Car windows are probably easier to break than hotel room windows/doors/walls, too.

Not at this lodge. Flimsy screen door & wooden door with flimsy lock. AND I slept with the window open. It would have been VERY easy for a mayhem-intent bear to break in. LOL

• Like 2