Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Double Down On Delusion

• Start Topic

I wanna comment on how blown away I am by Sonja's blog. Was it written by an intern about to quit her? .

My guess: someone else writes the blog and then Sonja does a quick once over, inserting phrases and comments that she believes make it a Sexy J Original.

• Love 4

Have we already discussed this little nugget from Sonja's blog:

"I am building a fashion lifestyle brand from scratch. I am self-made. No one has ever handed me anything."

Well, except for Old Man Morgan's wallet. O, yes, and his dick. Loon.

• Love 5

I do feel terribly bad for Ramona, that Mario really played a number on her and her self esteem and for that she has my 100% sympathy.

With that being said I am going to need for Ramona to dial back the "first time without Mario" crapola. First time I come to a party without Mario, first birthday without Mario, first trip without Mario, ENOUGH.

Maybe because I always saw Ramona as such a strong person I expected better from her. I wanted to see her deal with this with dignity and her head heald up high. I hate that she is giving that douche bag Mario reasons every episode to feed his gargantuan ego by letting him know how much this has broken her spirit. Even if you are hurting Ramona, do not let that pathetic jerk know about it. he is the jerk who cheated on you and he deserves to  be out of your life for good. Turn the page and focus on your single self. Mario will get his.  Please, please, please stop with this grieving time on camera. Be strong and show him that you are better off without him

It must be very difficult at that age to be starting over.  While some of this "first time" stuff makes me shake my head because Ramona has done a lot in her recent years without Mario, I wonder how much is real and how much is for show.  I guess it's different when you choose to go away without your husband versus you're no longer together.  I'm hoping we see more strong (not bitchy) Ramona.  I prefer that one.

• Love 1

It must be very difficult at that age to be starting over.  While some of this "first time" stuff makes me shake my head because Ramona has done a lot in her recent years without Mario, I wonder how much is real and how much is for show.  I guess it's different when you choose to go away without your husband versus you're no longer together.  I'm hoping we see more strong (not bitchy) Ramona.  I prefer that one.

I think everything for is really *is* a first because she doesn't have whom she thought was her rock to come back to.  I mean, just one season ago, she thought he was signing "Effortless" TO her.  I don't think I ever had the impression watching Mario that he was still in love with Ramona, but she was clearly in love with him. And completely caught offguard by the infidelity.  Her entire world has been upended.  Being wealthy and successful doesn't negate those feelings.  Not to mention I'm sure now that she's on TV, she has to contend with questions on whether the person attention themselves to her is there for HER or her fame and TV exposure.

I hope that she gets stronger as she goes along, but I think her pain is real and it's actually interesting to see this side of her.

• Love 3

Sonja making the trip hinged on making other child care arrangements but Heather was more concerned with being offered a beverage than Sonja getting her childcare situation straightened out.

Only Sonja said her sister canceled at the last minute and I have my doubts about that. Her sister lives out of state so she should have been there already because they were to leave before Quincy got out of school. Who would arrange for a babysitter from out of state to arrive after you leave? Does anyone even know if Quincy comes home every weekend from her boarding school?

• Love 5
(edited)

As I passed by Sonja's townhouse yet again last night, coming from the subway, I noticed the foyer/vestibule from the street -- only cuz she always seems to leave a bright light on in there.  It's really not that small.  Heather coulda just waited in there & checked from the window if the limo was pulling up.  I'm not getting now the reason for her fuss & drama.  And Starbucks is actually only about a half-block away.  But still, I'm not sure if leaving & going over there in the pouring rain, shlepping luggage & trying to manage the luggage in that always crowded Starbucks would have been an awesome thing to do.

Yeah, probably Moaner got there first, had some tea while waiting for Sonja & spilled it on the desk in the foyer/vestibule.  Man, more theories here than the JFK assassination, eh?  Where's the grassy knoll?  Guess the more important question is -- is Sonja still dancing with John-John in her head?  Was she too busy doing that (and maybe making herself happy-happy) & that's why she made everyone wait?

At first, I stated here that it was dig on Carole's part to Luann. But after looking at the scene again, I take it back. It was really just an innocent comment about what's wrong with looking American..

Not me.  I'm pretty sure it was a dig.  And from Lu's reaction to it -- her shaking head & WTF look, she definitely took it that way.  Carole's thing has always been she thinks Lu is phony & pretentious & she probably thought Lu was being that way once again.  Look, when talking about Lu's hanging on to the Countess crapola, ITA with Carole.  That shit is phony & pretentious & ridiculous & I'm OK with Carole ribbing Lu about it.  But in this particular instance, I don't agree with Carole.  Lu lived for many years in Europe & she was clearly influenced by the style/fashion there.  What's wrong with that, Carole?  That's not pretentious.  I thought Carole was being smug & she was belittling Lu.  Carole was being mean & she looked like she enjoyed being mean to Lu.  It was a good example of how nasty Carole can be.

What surprised me in that scene was B sorta taking down Carole, who I thought she liked & is now apparently such good friends with she went to Miami with her.  B is all over the place with who she puts down.  One minute she likes someone, the next she has no patience for him/her.  I have trouble keeping track of who she likes when.  I just assume she actually hates everyone, but just pretends to like a few -- when it suits her.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5

Just to clarify, according to Kristen's blog, she, Heather and Dorinda  arrived first.  Ramona arrived later.

According to Kristen:

There was no car in sight, so we go into Sonja’s house, hoping for a warm welcome and to be able to chill inside until she is ready and all the girls arrive. Well, it turns out it was colder inside Sonja’s house than it was outside, because she refused to let us in and asked us to lug all of our suitcases and bags and go and wait at the Starbucks on the corner, instead. This made absolutely no sense. She has this huge townhouse in which she lives alone, and of course her interns, and she asked us to meet her there, and now we have to go and wait around the corner at Starbucks, because she’s running late and behind schedule. Hmm...that’s not very polite and didn’t make any sense, and it sure pissed Heather off...
When Ramona arrives, she tells us Bethenny is running an hour late. At that point, Heather lost it, as did I. Why was Bethenny late? Because she had to go all the way downtown (to my neighborhood where I had just come from) to…drop her daughter off at school! The very thing Heather and I couldn’t do, because we wanted to be on time. Once again...communicate early in the morning. It’s easy. Just say, “Hey ladies, I’m running late, take your time.” If you know that you need to do certain things (Sonja, Bethenny), let us all know the night before, and we will accommodate you. It is incredibly selfish and rude for Sonja to invite us for a weekend, insist we meet all the way uptown at her house, and then have the nerve to keep us waiting for an hour in the rain, because she wouldn’t let us inside! Annoying to say the least, so between the rain, the weather, the ladies, ahh off to a bad start. Hmm, do you think what happens on the way to AC stays in AC? I sure hope so!

• Love 3

Only Sonja said her sister canceled at the last minute and I have my doubts about that. Her sister lives out of state so she should have been there already because they were to leave before Quincy got out of school. Who would arrange for a babysitter from out of state to arrive after you leave? Does anyone even know if Quincy comes home every weekend from her boarding school?

Why would Quincy even be coming home to Grey Gardens that weekend when Sonja knew she'd be in Atlantic City?  Very strange.  My parents were divorced when I was growing up and they would switch weekends if something like that came up.  The relationship between Old Man Morgan and Sonja must really be in the shitter.

• Love 3

As I passed by Sonja's townhouse yet again last night, coming from the subway, I noticed the foyer/vestibule from the street -- only cuz she always seems to leave a bright light on in there.  It's really not that small.  Heather coulda just waited in there & checked from the window if the limo was pulling up.  I'm not getting now the reason for her fuss & drama.

But is her foyer large enough for Heather, Kristen, Dorinda, Ramona, their luggage and the camera crew/producers/equipment/luggage? Who makes the decision as to what gets soaked, the luggage with all their clothes, make-up or the cameras, sound equipment or which people have to get soaked? LOL

Why would Quincy even be coming home to Grey Gardens that weekend when Sonja knew she'd be in Atlantic City?  Very strange.  My parents were divorced when I was growing up and they would switch weekends if something like that came up.  The relationship between Old Man Morgan and Sonja must really be in the shitter.

Heck, I go 1 step further, does Quincy even come home on weekends? Where is her boarding school, is it in NYC or in Connecticut closer to her dads?

• Love 3

Why would Quincy even be coming home to Grey Gardens that weekend when Sonja knew she'd be in Atlantic City? Very strange. My parents were divorced when I was growing up and they would switch weekends if something like that came up. The relationship between Old Man Morgan and Sonja must really be in the shitter.

I didn't get that at all. Her sister was flying from Nashville to babysit? Does the sister live in Nashville or NYC? I love my nieces and nephews, but I can't imagine flying half way across the country to babysit. There wasn't anyone closer? Also if they weren't even scheduled to be there until 10 why couldn't Heather and Krusten take their kids to school? How is that not enough time to get your kids to school? I'm assuming with B it was a whole custody drop off issue and who knows what the rules for that are, she may not be allowed to shift the time even 1 second or allow someone else to take care of it. I still understand being irritated, but what was it they wanted to do that they couldn't do before 10? IRL this would be such an exhausting group to hang out with.

(edited)
But is her foyer large enough for Heather, Kristen, Dorinda, Ramona, their luggage and the camera crew/producers/equipment/luggage?

Looks like it.  Is it comfy & would I wanna hang around there for an hour?  No.  There are no chairs & Sonja has probably hocked all of hers by now.  They'd have to be sitting on their luggage for a hour or more.   Sheesh, how sucky.  What a crummy, thoughtless hostess.  You can be sure Sonja is not being straight about it being heated.  It's probably drafty & cold.  

I'm really confused on Moaner's part here.  So she didn't arrive first, but she was able to gain access inside the townhouse & was the only one to have tea.  She may have spilled the tea on the desk in the foyer/vestibule -- or it could have been one of those interns/college-kids/boarders.  Sorry, but I don't trust them.  They are just kids after all.  And Sonja is probably too busy fantasizing about John-John (and maybe Madonna too) to properly supervise 'em.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

I didn't get that at all. Her sister was flying from Nashville to babysit? Does the sister live in Nashville or NYC? I love my nieces and nephews, but I can't imagine flying half way across the country to babysit. There wasn't anyone closer? Also if they weren't even scheduled to be there until 10 why couldn't Heather and Krusten take their kids to school? How is that not enough time to get your kids to school? I'm assuming with B it was a whole custody drop off issue and who knows what the rules for that are, she may not be allowed to shift the time even 1 second or allow someone else to take care of it. I still understand being irritated, but what was it they wanted to do that they couldn't do before 10? IRL this would be such an exhausting group to hang out with.

Her sister lives out of state. According to Kristen, it takes an hour just to get from her apartment to Sonja's house and adding on the kids school would have made it impossible to be on time. Their meet up and departure time was pushed back 2 hours but no one let them know, not Behtenny or Sonja.  

• Love 1

Her sister lives out of state. According to Kristen, it takes an hour just to get from her apartment to Sonja's house and adding on the kids school would have made it impossible to be on time. Their meet up and departure time was pushed back 2 hours but no one let them know, not Behtenny or Sonja.

I swear I'm not trying to be argumentative and I realize that this isn't at all the point, but huh? They had to be there at 10, school starts at 8 or 8:30, that leaves an 1 1/2 to get from a school someplace to Sonjia's townhouse which is where? I know traffic can be bad in Manhatten, but an hour? Is it in Inwood? I mean it doesn't matter at all because somebody should have informed them B would be late, but the logistics of this are so confusing to me.

• Love 2
(edited)

I swear I'm not trying to be argumentative and I realize that this isn't at all the point, but huh? They had to be there at 10, school starts at 8 or 8:30, that leaves an 1 1/2 to get from a school someplace to Sonjia's townhouse which is where? I know traffic can be bad in Manhatten, but an hour? Is it in Inwood? I mean it doesn't matter at all because somebody should have informed them B would be late, but the logistics of this are so confusing to me.

I think it is preschool, not elementary school, which normally starts later. But I understand what you are saying. I think Bethenny would have been upset and very vocal, not as much as Heather though, had she rearranged her schedule and 1 of them pushed everything back 2 hours without letting her know and Sonja would have gone on and on about it as well. I seem to remember a post here by someone that knows the area well, lives in NYC, that it does take an hour min. to get from Kristen or Heather's home to Sonja's house soon after the episode aired.

Edited by WireWrap

Ok I will try to make this my last OCD logistics post, but is the situation that Heather and Kristen asked to change the time so they could whatever and were told no or were they told a time to be there and arranged their schedules and then were upset after the fact? And was Heather mad at B and we just didn't see it? They were both implying that Heather kind of laid into Bethanny, but I feel like we never saw it.

One more theory. Maybe Sonjia has sold a lot of art and furniture to pay bills and didn't want Heather and Kristen to see her 1/2 empty home, but didn't mind Ramona seeing her downward spiral as much?

It might be a different situation for Bethany because she doesn't have full custody. When my step kids were young, my husband made no plans of his own during his custody time. He wanted to be with them every second he could since it was only part time. School pick up & drop off was especially coveted because there are no distractions in the car. It's basically one on one time. I bet if B could squeeze in an extra hour with Bryn by taking her to school, she would take the chance on being late.

• Love 1

Elementary schools in the tri state area starts at 9.  So do pre schools.  At least that has been my experience.

Looks like it.  Is it comfy & would I wanna hang around there for an hour?  No.  There are no chairs & Sonja has probably hocked all of hers by now.  They'd have to be sitting on their luggage for a hour or more.   Sheesh, how sucky..  What a crummy, thoughtless hostess.  You can be sure Sonja is not being straight about it being heated.  It's probably drafty & cold.  

I'm really confused on Moaner's part here.  So she didn't arrive first, but she was able to gain access inside the townhouse & was the only one to have tea.  She may have spilled the tea on the desk in the foyer/vestibule -- or it could have been one of those interns/college-kids/boarders.  Sorry, but I don't trust them.  They are just kids after all.  And Sonja is probably too busy fantasizing about John-John (and maybe Madonna too) to properly supervise 'em.

I don't think any of the ladies said that Ro was given tea.  That was speculation on the board as far as I know.  Ro did get to use the bathroom.

• Love 4
(edited)

Ok I will try to make this my last OCD logistics post, but is the situation that Heather and Kristen asked to change the time so they could whatever and were told no or were they told a time to be there and arranged their schedules and then were upset after the fact? And was Heather mad at B and we just didn't see it? They were both implying that Heather kind of laid into Bethanny, but I feel like we never saw it.

One more theory. Maybe Sonjia has sold a lot of art and furniture to pay bills and didn't want Heather and Kristen to see her 1/2 empty home, but didn't mind Ramona seeing her downward spiral as much?

No, it was because neither Bethenny or Sonja let everyone else, Heather, Kristen, Dorinda or Ramona, know that the time was pushed back 2 hours the night before. I think had they been told no one would have been upset. Then add to that Sonja would not allow the women to come in and sit down for those additional 2 hours they were going to wait. It was rude, IMO, no matter how you look at it.

It might be a different situation for Bethany because she doesn't have full custody. When my step kids were young, my husband made no plans of his own during his custody time. He wanted to be with them every second he could since it was only part time. School pick up & drop off was especially coveted because there are no distractions in the car. It's basically one on one time. I bet if B could squeeze in an extra hour with Bryn by taking her to school, she would take the chance on being late.

Heather was not upset about Bethenny taking Bryn to preschool.  See above ^^^^^  

ETA.......How hard is it to do a group text to everyone that was going, not just Sonja or for Sonja herself to relay that change?

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5
(edited)

Elementary schools in the tri state area starts at 9. So do pre schools. At least that has been my experience.

Oh. I'm in CA and schools drop off time usually starts as early as 7:45 with classes starting between 8-8:20. I was thinking of that so I couldn't figure out why it would even matter to the school drop off. A dark little part of my heart still thinks it actually wasn't even much of a thought until Bethanny was late because of dropping off her daughter and by that time Heather was just pissed in general and over the edge and Kristen wanted to complain about something so that became it.

Im still going to lay the blame for this at Sonjia's feet. It is maybe a mistake, but not crazy to text only your hostess that you are running late assuming that she will instruct everyone else about how the day is going. Or at least let them use the bathroom.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 5

Oh. I'm in CA and schools drop off time usually starts as early as 7:45 with classes starting between 8-8:20. I was thinking of that so I couldn't figure out why it would even matter to the school drop off. A dark little part of my heart still thinks it actually wasn't even much of a thought until Bethanny was late because of dropping off her daughter and by that time Heather was just pissed in general and over the edge and Kristen wanted to complain about something so that became it.

Im still going to lay the blame for this at Sonjia's feet. It is maybe a mistake, but not crazy to text only your hostess that you are running late assuming that she will instruct everyone else about how the day is going. Or at least let them use the bathroom.

I went to private school in NYC.  Elementary was  9 - 3.  I think High School was like 8:10 to 2:20.  Now a days, different public schools have different start times but the average is 8:40.  When my kids went to public school in NJ, you couldn't just drop them off early for precare.  They had to be registered for that 'program'.  Oh, and the different start times, high school, middle school and elementary, are all about school bus schedules.  Ok -TMI.  Sorry.

I totally agree with you Sonja.  And I would have been just as pissed as Heather.  Making arrangements for your kids, last minute packing, etc. and you're rushing to be on time....only to find out others would be late and you get to stand around for an hour waiting.

• Love 3

Why should Bethenny have to text Sonja and the other ladies? She messaged the hostess to inform her that she would be tardy. The hostess (or production) could then tell everyone what the change of plans would be. Heather's issue was with Sonja, not Bethenny, and rightfully so.

• Love 5

Why should Bethenny have to text Sonja and the other ladies? She messaged the hostess to inform her that she would be tardy. The hostess (or production) could then tell everyone what the change of plans would be. Heather's issue was with Sonja, not Bethenny, and rightfully so.

I agree, that's why Heather was upset at Sonja. Although, Bethenny knows Sonja and should have realized that there was a chance she would not inform the other HWs.

• Love 5
(edited)

Yes, Sonja or one of her hundreds of interns should have contacted the other women.

If we want to blame production, ok, but after all these seasons, you would think Sonja would know better than to let production fix things. All the ladies seem to see each other while not filming, so obviously they have each other's numbers. Sonja is to blame, no one else.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4
(edited)

Yes, Sonja or one of her hundreds of interns should have contacted the other women.

If we want to blame production, ok, but after all these seasons, you would think Sonja would know better than to let production fix things. All the ladies seem to see each other while not filming, so obviously they have each other's numbers. Sonja is to blame, no one else.

Yeah, I thought Heather was mad at Bethanny too, which made no sense to me. Of course Heather could have just been past the point of return by the time they got on the road at pissed at the whole world. Which I get. I can't imagine telling anyone I know that no, you can't come into my house and have a cup of coffee while you wait for a storm to stop. I mean unless I know them from that one time I stayed at the Bates Motel or something. Who does that? It's just nuts. Something has to be going on with Sonjia. Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 5

I agree, that's why Heather was upset at Sonja. Although, Bethenny knows Sonja and should have realized that there was a chance she would not inform the other HWs.

I agree, Heather didn't seem upset about Bethanny until Bethanny kept repeating that she was sorry that she was late when Heather was bitching about Sonja still not being there. Than Sonja realized that Bethanny was apologizing for being late so she kept lumping herself in with Bethanny so that she wouldn't be the only person Heather was bitching at.

• Love 4

I don't even have kids, but if I had gotten there only to find out I could have slept for two extra hours, I'd be livid.

For real or at least a nice breakfast and a bloody mary!

The fact that Sonja invited them all to meet at her house means she should have had some coffee/tea and a place to sit. But if she had simply communicated to them that the times were changing it that probably would not even been necessary. Heck since it was all for Ramona's birthday she should have arranged for coffee/tea and pastries to be sent over to Ramona's house and have people meet there so Ramona wouldn't have to go to her house!

Though after reading her blog I realize those interns are going to learn to be the world's shittiest entertainers! And I wonder how they operate on a day to day basis if she has to be around them when they interact with adults because french doors and garbage disposals are lying in wait!

• Love 5

For real or at least a nice breakfast and a bloody mary!

The fact that Sonja invited them all to meet at her house means she should have had some coffee/tea and a place to sit. But if she had simply communicated to them that the times were changing it that probably would not even been necessary. Heck since it was all for Ramona's birthday she should have arranged for coffee/tea and pastries to be sent over to Ramona's house and have people meet there so Ramona wouldn't have to go to her house!

Though after reading her blog I realize those interns are going to learn to be the world's shittiest entertainers! And I wonder how they operate on a day to day basis if she has to be around them when they interact with adults because french doors and garbage disposals are lying in wait!

She must lock them in room together when she is out of the house! LOL

• Love 5

It's pretty obvious to me -- she didn't want the girls in her dilapitated house.  And having them all in means camera crew.  She'll make a bunch of phony excuses but it is obvious what's going on.

• Love 2

It's pretty obvious to me -- she didn't want the girls in her dilapitated house.  And having them all in means camera crew.  She'll make a bunch of phony excuses but it is obvious what's going on.

Which is probably true but in true Sonja fashion it makes no logical sense because the camera crew was in there filming her packing and SHE was the one that arranged to have everyone meet at her house.

• Love 6

.....the cameras were following her, one thing is clear to me, at some point Sonja might have realized the cameras were about to enter her second floor and she threw a fit, she wasn't ready for that.

Except, if the cameras were inside, wouldn't there have been footage? Seems like all we got was that bizarre 5 sec shot from the sidewalk of Heather calling her a bitch.

There was a shot of the crew filming in the foyer and Sonja was drinking out of a coffee cup and fixing something. It was only a few seconds in the very beginning. I missed it the first time watching..I must have blinked.

• Love 4

The cameras were already there and did film inside her house that day. If Sonja didn't want anyone at her house then she should have allowed 1 of the other HW's to host the AC trip or told production to have the others meet somewhere else other than her house. They do not force these women to do this but it is possible that Sonja could have been downgraded to FOH and/or lot some pay if she refused to go along with "her trip".

There was a shot of the crew filming in the foyer and Sonja was drinking out of a coffee cup and fixing something. It was only a few seconds in the very beginning. I missed it the first time watching..I must have blinked.

She was fixing flowers in a vase.

• Love 5

The funniest part of the whole show was when Sonja started crying at dinner, and Bethenny kept trying to apologize, and Sonja kept crying. LuAnn tells Sonja to just stop crying, that it was Ramona's bday. Her tone and matter-of-fact assertive way of telling her to shut up was so funny to me. It was like she was talking to a toddler-- "Stop moving, we need to put this diaper on you so we can leave."

• Love 10

Was Heather trying to pick a fight with Bethenny like it was her fault they were waiting outside? Anyway, in that first fight everyone was wrong except maybe Bethenny and Dorinda.

The urination scenes are like the waxing scenes to me on reality shows. I do not need this.

Did Kristen intentionally pack two different color heels? 

What in the hell was Carole wearing? I'm not slut shaming. I genuinely do not understand that outfit.

Ugh. Heather. You were late. Why can't you admit when you're wrong?

Bethenny's "Do you think that I care?" to Sonja slayed me.

Ramona wants to play both sides. She's having fun but she's also brokenhearted to be divorced from Mario. And maybe that's something  you feel when you get divorced like that, kind of unwillingly. But with Ramona it seems like it's at the drop of a hat.

LOL. I find it funny that the girls all crowded around Bethenny. I don't know how many camera people are assigned to them on a trip like this but I assume the guy was with her and that's why all the women went to her table.

What was with Carole's outfit change. STOP. Also, respect. You look good for 50. But pole dancing? I think you need a bit more in the way of assets for that kind of profession.

I shouldn't laugh at Sonja trying to make out with Luanne. It's sad. But funny. But sad.

I love that Bethenny just walked away from her. It's not great TV if she doesn't stay and fight but I enjoy it because it's what a normal person would do.

The hickey conversation is a perfect example of why I have trouble liking Carole. She wants to be infantile and yet she also wants to remind you how old she is. I don't think anyone brings up their age as much as Carole does.

Dorinda's "Well, John John's dead so that's difficult" killed me. 

So I think this Bethenny making Sonja her project thing is clearly not going to work, especially since these interviews are filmed way later. 

• Love 2

We're leaving out the 4th wall.  If they need to be there by 10am, that really means at least 9am to get wired up, get the lights set, go over the scripts and blocking etc.  So factoring that in, they'd need to leave their homes by 8am to account for rush hour traffic, especially in the rain.  Depending on where the kids schools are, it would be hard to drop them off on time (you can't bring your kids extra early) and get to Sonja's on time.

• Love 4
I shouldn't laugh at Sonja trying to make out with Luanne. It's sad. But funny. But sad.

Wait, did I see Moaner feeling up Carole's boobies shirt too?  My goodness, Satan Andy, just where are you taking this show?

• Love 3

Which is probably true but in true Sonja fashion it makes no logical sense because the camera crew was in there filming her packing and SHE was the one that arranged to have everyone meet at her house.

But we didn't see much of the inside of her house, no?  If all the girls had been allowed to be in her living room and kitchen area, the film wouldn't be on the cutting room floor and would've made it into the show.  Then the world would see how much worse Lady Morgan's house has become!

(edited)

Seeing lots of comments about Carole thinking too highly of her figure. Personally, I think everyone should think highly of their bodies. Lots of money is being made on the notion that there is something wrong with women's bodies and they keep inventing more issues for women to be insecure about. To me, a woman who is unapologetically proud of her body is a great thing.

Here's the thing: I don't believe Carole believes anything she says about her body. She's not confident, she's desperate and it's written all over her.

ETA: LuAnn is confident.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 7

Sonja is over 50. I believe she may once have attended a party and been introduced to JFK Jr. At one time didn't he go on a couple of dates with Madonna? They were all wealthy young New Yorkers 25 years ago and could have crossed paths in some club. For Sonja, that means they were all best friends.

Sonja used the present tense but she was drunk and I think she genuinely meant "used to party with".

• Love 3

Here's the thing: I don't believe Carole believes anything she says about her body. She's not confident, she's desperate and it's written all over her.

ETA: LuAnn is confident.

I completely agree.

I know someone through work who does the same thing Carole does with frequent body talk.  It's not fabulous.  It's not confident.  It's her insecurity.  She can't go a day without talking about how some guy was staring at her.

LuAnn is confident and it comes across that way.

• Love 5

Sonja is over 50. I believe she may once have attended a party and been introduced to JFK Jr. At one time didn't he go on a couple of dates with Madonna? They were all wealthy young New Yorkers 25 years ago and could have crossed paths in some club. For Sonja, that means they were all best friends.

Sonja used the present tense but she was drunk and I think she genuinely meant "used to party with".

Hopefully she remembered that JFK Jr. is dead, but I think we mostly doubt she ever partied "with" him in the first place. Being in the same bar at the same (or different) time is not the same., well to anyone not named Sonja Tremont Morgan.
  • Love 1
(edited)
Hopefully she remembered that JFK Jr. is dead, but I think we mostly doubt she ever partied "with" him in the first place. Being in the same bar at the same (or different) time is not the same., well to anyone not named Sonja Tremont Morgan.

That's exactly what I was saying. 

I also meant that she didn't intend to say she parties with them now. Even totally drunk she's not that stupid or deluded. Uh, at least I hope not.

And I also cringed at her even bringing him up. Poor taste if nothing else, but I guess her brain was seizing on the "big names" of the young, rich, and famous back in the 1990s. So glad Carole wasn't there, but she'll probably hear about it and have something to say to Sonja later.

While I said above that Sonja was young and rich 25 years ago it turns out she married Morgan in 1998, so by that time JFK Jr. was married to Carolyn and hanging out with Carole and Anthony, not likely partying in the clubs with Madonna. Maybe Sonja was a coat check girl he gave a 50 cent tip to once back in 1993.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 1

I feel like Sonja is the type of person who, if she was at an event where others were also present, she considers that she partied with them. 

So, I guess if I went to a concert, it is the same as partying with the artist. Or, if I was invited to an event where there was a bigwig - celebrity or business, etc, and even if I didn't talk to them (or at most, a passing hello) that is the same as partying with that person. 

Also, I still don't understand the intern thing. She can't leave them alone, but then where are they when she is out and about, or away for the weekend etc? 

I feel sad for what happened to her, especially given that I really liked her during her debut season. She helped diffuse scary island, she did seem to throw fun parties, and actually have conversations, and was an interesting person. Now, not so much. She is trying so hard to sound relevant and pertinent and intelligent, but doesn't sound like any of that. 

• Love 7

JFK Jr. liked cocaine a lot. I'm sure he and Sonja's paths have crossed at parties in the past. Plus, her ex husband had very extravagant parties for the richest and most famous often, so I'm sure she has met a lot of impressive people-- however, bringing it up now sort of shows how far she fallen since her marriage.

Sonja sort of says the opposite of what is really happening. In psych, we call it reaction formation. Instead of admitting her house is falling apart, she says, "I can't let anyone in because of how precious and delicate the house is." 

• Love 2

I think "The proof is in the pudding" is one of those sayings that was misquoted so much that it replaced the original saying.  Kind of like how people say, "I could care less" when the actual quote is "I couldn't care less".  Most people say it the first way which is totally wrong just like "The proof is in the pudding".

Either Heather or Carole said the "I could care less" thing this episode. I'm trying to let it go. It annoys me less than the overuse/misuse of "literally." I'm not going to let that one die no matter what they change in the dictionary.

• Love 4