Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Double Down On Delusion

• Start Topic

It would only be an intentional slight if Carole knew that LuAnn wants to be perceived as being European.

I can't think of another reason why Carole would say that to Luann unless she did believe Lu wants to come across as European, and Carole meant to emphasize the fact that she isn't just to bring her down a peg.  Her remark was just so random otherwise, adding nothing to the discussion of Luann's hairdo.  Bethenny saying short hair is tres' European just doesn't beg for any comment from Carole on where Luann is from.  It's just irrelevant.

I am picturing Carole reading this debate and being quite satisfied with herself, lol.  She loves to sit up late at night editing the Wiki pages of strangers, so I am sure she can't resist reading about herself on the boards during a sleepless night.  I hope it doesn't encourage her to continue the passive aggression.  It's so tedious. 

• Love 5

The audio with somewhat distorted visuals of the women in the house open up the episode.

The way it was aired was somewhat discombobulating because this exchange took place right at the very beginning of the episode.

Heather is loudly either proclaiming Heather is a bitch/fucking bitch or telling Sonja she is a bitch/fucking bitch.

It's at the very beginning so try to catch the episode again.  Granted it's Bravo and editing monkeys, so it's difficult to tell if indeed was saying it directly to Sonja or perhaps Sonja was upstairs and Heather was saying it about Sonja...although as loud as her voice appeared to be I think even the daft "Lady Morgan" would have had no problem hearing her.

If someone called me a fucking bitch in my own home, they would seriously wait an eternity to get an apology from me and would never darken my doorstep again.  

I don't disagree with Heather's assertion at all; however, I completely disagree with the foul and tactless way she asserted it.

With Alex's Herman Munster boots???

Thanks.  I'll take a second look.

I can't think of another reason why Carole would say that to Luann unless she did believe Lu wants to come across as European, and Carole meant to emphasize the fact that she isn't just to bring her down a peg.  Her remark was just so random otherwise, adding nothing to the discussion of Luann's hairdo.  Bethenny saying short hair is tres' European just doesn't beg for any comment from Carole on where Luann is from.  It's just irrelevant.

It is relevant to the discussion because Bethenny brought it up as a counter to the long hair idea. Carole was saying why Bethenny's comment was irrelevant.

(edited)

It would only be an intentional slight if Carole knew that LuAnn wants to be perceived as being European. If LuAnn didn't want people to perceive her as European, it wouldn't even be considered a slight or a jab by anyone, Carole and LuAnn included.

As far as how the comment fits into the conversation, Carole thinks LuAnn would look good in longer hair, Bethenny says it's "so European" to have short hair, Carole points out that LuAnn is not European....so that shouldn't be a reason to have short hair. It was simply taking away a reason Bethenny was giving as to why LuAnn should not try longer hair. At the end of the day, I think Carole was just talking about hair, and why LuAnn should get rid of her feathered, dated, dorky hairdo.

I'm trying to figure out what I should have to eat what do you suggest? Hey how about Chinese?....Um well LuAnn isn't Chinese...

Yeah, I still can't figure out how Carole's comment made any sense in the non-jab sense.

It is relevant to the discussion because Bethenny brought it up as a counter to the long hair idea. Carole was saying why Bethenny's comment was irrelevant.

Bethenny was mentioning it as in the European look is appealing and is a good look on Luann. A look Bethenny seems to be a fan of on Lu not that having the style brings LuAnn closer to being European. IMO.. Buutttttt... MMV. Obvioulsy.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'm trying to figure out what I should have to eat what do you suggest? Hey how about Chinese?....Um well LuAnn isn't Chinese...

Yeah, I still can't figure out how Carole's comment made any sense in the non-jab sense.

There is a difference between eating Chinese food and saying "It's so Chinese to"...have/do/say/ eat whatever. Edited by shoegal
(edited)

The audio with somewhat distorted visuals of the women in the house open up the episode.

The way it was aired was somewhat discombobulating because this exchange took place right at the very beginning of the episode from what looked like a street view through a foggy and rain-streaked window.  It was surreal.

Heather is loudly either proclaiming Heather is a bitch/fucking bitch or telling Sonja she is a bitch/fucking bitch.

It's at the very beginning so try to catch the episode again.  Granted it's Bravo and editing monkeys, so it's difficult to tell if indeed was saying it directly to Sonja or perhaps Sonja was upstairs and Heather was saying it about Sonja...although as loud as her voice appeared to be I think even the daft "Lady Morgan" would have had no problem hearing her.

If someone called me a fucking bitch in my own home, they would seriously wait an eternity to get an apology from me and would never darken my doorstep again.  

I don't disagree with Heather's assertion at all; however, I completely disagree with the foul and tactless way she asserted it.

According to Heather, she won't be darkening Grey Gardens ever again. I hope she holds firm to this, but I don't think she really meant it. 

Sonja was acting like a fucking bitch. She said that she was busy packing and didn't want to be bothered. I would have called her a fucking bitch because that is how she was acting. In Sonja's shoes, I would just assume that such behavior would get me called this particular name or maybe the dreaded mother fucking bitch. If you don't want to be called one, then don't act like one. It's just not that hard. But then again, there are a whole long list of names that Sonja is probably called that might surprise her. 

Regarding the Lu/Carole/Beth deal, I took it as though Beth thought it was a dig at her, not Lu. Carole brings up the extensions and Beth says Lu should keep her look because it is European. Carole rightly points out that Lu isn't European.  I thought that Beth believed she was the one being slammed for her comment. I just cannot see Beth being that interested in Carole taking a dig at Lu. And she was interested; she couldn't stop talking about it. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 6

Lu's Twitter remarks are non-germane to the question of whether a remark she made months ago constitutes "shaming" or is just a remark. Sure, her outbursts and editorializing in the present are "shaming"; they're also weirdly over the top and, as you say, hypocritical. However, her comment to Carole in the preview is an objective fact, and I think it's selective to contend Carole's "Connecticut" observation can't be a dig because it's a documented truth . . . while similar realities, when articulated about Carole, do somehow equate to jabs, just as the premise that LuAnn is putting on "airs" because she wrote a book about her aspirational life experiences while Carole is just innocently recounting life experiences that happened to be glamorous is a double standard.

• Love 2

Lu's Twitter remarks are non-germane to the question of whether a remark she made months ago constitutes "shaming" or is just a remark. Sure, her outbursts and editorializing in the present are "shaming"; they're also weirdly over the top and, as you say, hypocritical. However, her comment to Carole in the preview is an objective fact, and I think it's selective to contend Carole's "Connecticut" observation can't be a dig because it's a documented truth . . . while similar realities, when articulated about Carole, do somehow equate to jabs, just as the premise that LuAnn is putting on "airs" because she wrote a book about her aspirational life experiences while Carole is just innocently recounting life experiences that happened to be glamorous is a double standard.

LuAnn's Twitter remarks are absolutely germane to the comment about LuAnn "shaming" Carole, because those are the comments that constitute the referenced shaming.

• Love 1

I think the thing with describing someone as "Sonja young" was Luann's way of shaming Carole. Since we know that "Sonja young" is the 18 year old that had Ramona in a tizzy and calling the guy's mother. And we know that Sonja young is the 22-24 year old arm candy she is bringing around to events. To compare a near 30 year old to the barely out of high school aged guys that Sonja dates is not only trying to shame Carole, but also is hypocritical because i doubt the pirate that Luann hooked up with was much older than Adam and we won't even talk about the guy Luann took to the restroom.

• Love 6

This is also not perfectly analogous since Lu never said she was European, but since it's objectionable for her to note that she lived in Europe and married a European man, I guess Heather shouldn't be going around referring to herself as a "New Yorker" and opining about what "true New Yorkers" do since she's not a native of the city and only moved there in adulthood . . .

• Love 3

Me neither. And I never heard her call Sonja a f'ng bitch. When was that? According to Sonja's blog, Heather started up the stairs and yelled, 'We're leaving without you."

In the first couple seconds of the episode you see some commotion inside the house from the POV of the camera crew on the street and you hear Heather yell loudly "you're a funcking bitch!" I'm not really taking a side in this argument, but yes Heather did yell at Sonjia and call her a bitch before leaving the townhome.

• Love 1

Well, no, the original thread of discourse involved Lu's "Sonja young" remark on the show. It's a demonstrable fact that Sonja would date a man who's 29/30. Sure, Lu is presently "shaming" Carole. That doesn't apply to a comment that cropped up months ago. Because objective statements evidently can't be digs.

Well, no, the original thread of discourse involved Lu's "Sonja young" remark on the show. It's a demonstrable fact that Sonja would date a man who's 29/30. Sure, Lu is presently "shaming" Carole. That doesn't apply to a comment that cropped up months ago. Because objective statements evidently can't be digs.

While it may be true that Sonja WOULD date a man who is 29/30, the abject fact is that we have yet to see it on this show. Aside from Harry, none of the men we have seen Sonja "date" or "entertain" have been over the age of 24. Certainly, none of the men she is currently bragging about banging have even been as old as 24. So, Luann saying that it's "Sonja young" is a direct implication that Adam is in the same category as the just out of school guys that Sonja would have us believe she is banging. 

• Love 3

I think the thing with describing someone as "Sonja young" was Luann's way of shaming Carole. Since we know that "Sonja young" is the 18 year old that had Ramona in a tizzy and calling the guy's mother. And we know that Sonja young is the 22-24 year old arm candy she is bringing around to events. To compare a near 30 year old to the barely out of high school aged guys that Sonja dates is not only trying to shame Carole, but also is hypocritical because i doubt the pirate that Luann hooked up with was much older than Adam and we won't even talk about the guy Luann took to the restroom.

Ummm, the guy that LuAnn herself hooked up with on at that hook up bar was in his early 20's as well I believe. He came there with the kid Sonja hooked up with! LuAnn took that young'un to the "bathroom" with her and I doubt it was to show him what a "Ladies Room" looks like! LOL

• Love 6
(edited)

Carole has a great body; it's pretty obvious to anyone with eyes.  If I had Carole's body it would be all anyone could do to keep me from walking around in public naked, let alone mentioning now and then that I'm pretty pleased with myself.  In other words, sometimes a banana is just a banana, Anna.  Not all confident women are harboring some secret shame.

Nah, Carole doesn't have a great body IMO.  She's scrawny, has bad skin and her overbite is in another zip code.  Beauty is subjective and making some condescending statement such as "it's obvious to anyone with eyes" is ridiculous and unappreciated.   You have your opinion, I have mine--neither is fact or "obvious."

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 10
(edited)

Ummm, the guy that LuAnn herself hooked up with on at that hook up bar was in his early 20's as well I believe. He came there with the kid Sonja hooked up with! LuAnn took that young'un to the "bathroom" with her and I doubt it was to show him what a "Ladies Room" looks like! LOL

In fact, has LuAnn married, dated or fucked any guy in the same decade as she since she's been on the show?

Maybe the random guy she fucks in Turks & Caicos is in his forties! LOL Stay tuned!

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 3

Oh, the reminder about Aviva's "Where did you learn that? In prison?" makes me shake my head all over again. Aviva said that as though she's not well-versed in dropping the f-bomb herself, or as though she doesn't have a father who speaks the same way. As a matter of fact, Heather should have countered, "No, I learned it from your dad." Because, really.

• Love 11

Ummm, the guy that LuAnn herself hooked up with on at that hook up bar was in his early 20's as well I believe. He came there with the kid Sonja hooked up with! LuAnn took that young'un to the "bathroom" with her and I doubt it was to show him what a "Ladies Room" looks like! LOL

I guess maybe Lu doesn't have a problem with random casual fucks in a restaurant bathroom if they guy is young, but draws the line at a relationship.

• Love 6

Oh, the reminder about Aviva's "Where did you learn that? In prison?" makes me shake my head all over again. Aviva said that as though she's not well-versed in dropping the f-bomb herself, or as though she doesn't have a father who speaks the same way. As a matter of fact, Heather should have countered, "No, I learned it from your dad." Because, really.

Aviva seemed to think that preschoolers hear that word all the time, so it was no big deal when she said it in a room filled with little kids!

• Love 8

Bethenny was saying Lu looks better with short "European" hair, not long hair like Carole suggested.  How is Bethenny's remark irrelevant?  She is using "european" as an adjective to describe a hair style she thinks look best on Luann, which was the subject of the conversation. 

That is like friend A saying to me I should cut my long hair, and friend B says, "no don't, you look good with long blonde hair.  It's very California girl."  To which friend A sneers back "She's not from California!"  

It just makes not sense.  We are talking about hairstyles, not where anyone is from.  It's Carole's comment that was irrelevant imo, not Bethenny's. 

• Love 4

One comment that I haven't heard mentioned much is the one from Dorinda about having to take care of Sonja. Something about being "horrified" that the other ladies had just gone on about their business. The thing that really surprised me was that she mentioned Ramona a couple of times as well. She said something about hoping that Ramona appreciated Dorinda's birthday gift to her, which was taking care of her "best friend".  Wasn't it Ramona's birthday party? Why would it be her responsibility to look after Sonja? Shouldn't Dorinda have been disappointed that Sonja wasn't holding it together to make sure that Ramona had a nice time? 

• Love 6
(edited)

LuAnn is a decade older than Jaques. She's got no room to talk IMO.

She appeared to be significantly older than Tomas the Booty Pirate, too.

No judgement here in that my husband is more than a decade younger than I am.

I just don't care for LuAnn's hypocrisy with the "older woman/younger man" scenario when she's been there herself at least two times of which the viewers are aware.  

IMO, it's more about Carole fraternizing with the help than the age issue.  Kind of like when Sonja about stroked out when Cindy dared to do a few dance steps with Sonja's intern during the infamous "Pecking Order" episode.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Bethenny was saying Lu looks better with short "European" hair, not long hair like Carole suggested. How is Bethenny's remark irrelevant? She is using "european" as an adjective to describe a hair style she thinks look best on Luann, which was the subject of the conversation.

That is like friend A saying to me I should cut my long hair, and friend B says, "no don't, you look good with long blonde hair. It's very California girl." To which friend A sneers back "She's not from California!"

It just makes not sense. We are talking about hairstyles, not where anyone is from. It's Carole's comment that was irrelevant imo, not Bethenny's.

What Bethenny said was "it's so European to have short hair...". LuAnn is not European. It does make sense.

If Bethenny was just saying LuAnn looks better with short hair and said "but you look great with short hair" or "short hair really suits you" and Carole responded with "but she's not European", then I could see the confusion. Bethenny made the irrelevant comment that "it's so European to have short hair" (irrelevant because LuAnn is not, in fact, European) Carole's comment was completely relevant to Bethenny's remark.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 1
According to Heather, she won't be darkening Grey Gardens ever again. I hope she holds firm to this, but I don't think she really meant it

Someone once described the two types of anger to me: paper (quick to ignite, quick to burn out) and wood (slow to burn). I think Heather's like paper in that she gets upset, says her piece, then is okay and moves on. (I may be overly generous here but hope not.) Calling someone a f*cking bitch is beyond what I would do, but I don't have to deal with Sonja and didn't have to deal with her toaster oven nonsense. I noticed, though, that Heather was sitting next to Sonja at dinner - I don't think that would have happened if they were still upset with each other - and tried to get everyone to lay off Sonja once she started crying. I don't know if Heather had talked to Sonja 1:1 off-camera to smooth things over, but she seemed over the foyer thing by the time they were eating dinner.

Why would it be her responsibility to look after Sonja?

Why is it anyone's responsibility to look after Sonja? They all seem to cluck over her in their own ways and Sonja, for all her griping about them, is very lucky that she has people around to keep things from really getting out of hand. Sonja loved making digs in Montana and St. Barth's about Kristen and Carole's lack of hostessing ability, but she did nothing to diffuse the situation in the limo, couldn't keep it together at dinner, and started opening yet another bottle in her room once Dorinda safely got her inside. She's just one big mess and I'm sure the other women have downgraded their expectations of Sonja accordingly, but they're human and have the right to be annoyed by it too.

• Love 3

Years ago, I was sitting on the steps of Parsons smoking a cigarette (it was near my job at the time and the stairs were inviting) and Tim Gunn rounded the corner and kicked me by accident as he rushed up the stairs!

According to Sonja, I was abused by Tim Gunn.

(Honestly I just wanted to share my only celebrity interaction lol. No one knows who he is whenever I have mentioned it to folks in my normal life)

Tim was horrified, by the way, and apologized profusely.

• Love 10

Bethenny was saying Lu looks better with short "European" hair, not long hair like Carole suggested.  How is Bethenny's remark irrelevant?  She is using "european" as an adjective to describe a hair style she thinks look best on Luann, which was the subject of the conversation. 

That is like friend A saying to me I should cut my long hair, and friend B says, "no don't, you look good with long blonde hair.  It's very California girl."  To which friend A sneers back "She's not from California!"  

It just makes not sense.  We are talking about hairstyles, not where anyone is from.  It's Carole's comment that was irrelevant imo, not Bethenny's. 

Ok, someone Please explain to me what makes LuAnn's hairstyle "European"? I have short hair, does that make me more "European" as well? LOL

One comment that I haven't heard mentioned much is the one from Dorinda about having to take care of Sonja. Something about being "horrified" that the other ladies had just gone on about their business. The thing that really surprised me was that she mentioned Ramona a couple of times as well. She said something about hoping that Ramona appreciated Dorinda's birthday gift to her, which was taking care of her "best friend".  Wasn't it Ramona's birthday party? Why would it be her responsibility to look after Sonja? Shouldn't Dorinda have been disappointed that Sonja wasn't holding it together to make sure that Ramona had a nice time? 

As archer1267 said, why does anyone need to babysit Sonja?

Maybe if she woke up after passing out on the floor she would make better decisions with her drinking/behavior!

• Love 3

Aviva was liberal with the f-bombs, but I thought Heather and Kristen were equally hypocritical with their nominal codes of language. Per Heather, it's gasp-worthy to refer to someone as "an alcoholic" and/or "white trash" during a disagreement (and the fourth-party sanctimony should come well after all direct participants involved in said disagreement have moved on) but it's totally cool to scream "fucking motherfucker" and "fucking bitch." Kristen meanwhile was showcased dropping profanity near her children during the premiere after her horror-and-vapors routine over Aviva cursing in their general vicinity last year. All these women are sort of ridiculous in that respect; all they have to in order to encounter the "f word" is take a gander outside . . . Sonja is no one's responsibility. She is a fifty-year-old woman who makes her own decisions and reaps their consequences. However, I don't find it at all odd that Dorinda expressed some befuddlement over the collective disregard for Sonja's safety when Heather is telling anyone who will listen that she's just so worried about Sonja and only has Sonja's welfare in mind (and when all the women are protesting that they authentically care about what happens to her). If Heather is tired of Sonja's inconsiderate antics and doesn't care if she wanders off into a hotel in Atlantic City where she could injure herself, get raped, or get arrested, that's completely understandable. But she needs to stop dressing up her distaste for Sonja as innocent and earnest concern.

• Love 1

Years ago, I was sitting on the steps of Parsons smoking a cigarette (it was near my job at the time and the stairs were inviting) and Tim Gunn rounded the corner and kicked me by accident as he rushed up the stairs!

According to Sonja, I was abused by Tim Gunn.

(Honestly I just wanted to share my only celebrity interaction lol. No one knows who he is whenever I have mentioned it to folks in my normal life)

Tim was horrified, by the way, and apologized profusely.

That's fantastic! I love Tim Gunn, of course he was horrified lol.

• Love 2
(edited)

Ok, someone Please explain to me what makes LuAnn's hairstyle "European"? I have short hair, does that make me more "European" as well? LOL

Honestly, I think it's more of a reference to the approach to aging (allegedly) in European women vs. American women. Some people believe that as a woman gets of a certain age, she should have short hair or that long hair is inappropriate on a older woman. I think it's more of a reference to idea or stereotype that European women are ok with aging or are willing to gracefully accept their age and short hair, while American women fight the aging process tooth and nail with cosmetic surgery and long hair. Edited by shoegal
  • Love 2

Honestly, I think it's more of a reference to the approach to aging (allegedly) in European women vs. American women. Some people believe that as a woman gets of a certain age, she should have short hair or that long hair is inappropriate on a older woman. I think it's more of a reference to idea or stereotype that European women are ok with aging or are willing to gracefully accept their age and short hair, while American women fight the aging process tooth and nail with cosmetic surgery and long hair.

I know many American women that feel the same way, long verses short in more mature women, and have seen plenty of EU women with long hair so I am not sure this is true about EU women in general. Has Bethenny herself spent much, if any, time in Europe to come to this conclusion? LuAnn's hairstyle is nice but not all that unique or uncommon here in the US. It really was an odd comment overall IMO.

• Love 3

Aviva seemed to think that preschoolers hear that word all the time, so it was no big deal when she said it in a room filled with little kids!

Aviva obvs doesn't have a problem with the F bomb.  Maybe she was offended and bemused by the aggressive posturing and the whole sentence, "Don't fucking tell me nutiin', motherfucker."  There is a difference between saying, "Fuck it, I'm not doing the laundry today"  and "You're a fucking bitch."  Or "Don't fucking tell me nuttin' motherfucker", while daring someone to deck you. LOL

(My apologies in advance to anyone who is offended by the F word, even in it's pure form.)

LuAnn has slept with and had a 4 year relationship with someone 10 years her junior and even tried to use the "I'm trying to get pregnant" storyline even though it was reported by her own mother that she had her tubes tied long ago.

Well, ya don't need fallopian tubes to get pregnant anymore.

• Love 4
(edited)

I know many American women that feel the same way, long verses short in more mature women, and have seen plenty of EU women with long hair so I am not sure this is true about EU women in general. Has Bethenny herself spent much, if any, time in Europe to come to this conclusion? LuAnn's hairstyle is nice but not all that unique or uncommon here in the US. It really was an odd comment overall IMO.

I personally thought it was kind of a rude comment, what she said was "but it's so European to have short hair and be confident and look great". That's European? I guess the non-Europeans can just go fuck themselves! I am glad Carole stuck up for the American girls! If only in her TH.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 1

For whatever reason, I find Carole to be snarky but not malicious. I do feel like there is a part of her that finds the whole RH enterprise ridiculous and she pokes fun at it and some of the other housewives. I think she's also keenly aware of the character she is to play - the sexy widow, and she plays into it, winkingly. For whatever reason, I don't take her 100 percent seriously.

Late, but this is exactly how I feel about Carole! Obviously, everyone is entitled to their interpretations and opinions, but frankly I find the way Carole's words are picked apart to be bizarre. 

I agree with not taking her 100% seriously, and I don't think Carole takes herself seriously on this show at all. I think she enjoys playing up a character and poking fun at the whole circus that is Real Housewives. I can see how this may across with an air of superiority, but I don't think that Carole really thinks she is sooooo much better than any of these woman at all. Obviously, she is a participant of the show and friends with most of them.

Her 'dig' at Luanne was not that big of a deal. These woman make small digs at each other constantly. At the time of filming, Carole and Luanne were very friendly with each other (pre twitter Adam gate). Her comment about strippers was obviously a joke at the expense of journalists. And god forbid she comment on having a hot body. I don't get that more people are offended over a woman having confidence in herself than people commenting about how grossly skinny she is or how ugly. Carole is obviously no fucking supermodel rubbing her hotness in everyone's face, I'm sure she is aware of this fact, god forbid an average, older woman have confidence and feel hot. 

Her Carrie routine is a little twee for me, and a touch try hard, but honestly there's nothing hateable about it. I appreciate for Carole for having fun with this show, even if she seems to be dumbing herself down a bit (that editor meeting). And I find it a lot more enjoyable to watch than a really sad character like Sonja. 

• Love 7
(edited)

]Anyhoo, when I passed by this morning, on my way to work, I noticed she had all of her windows wide open. Seemed to me like such an odd thing to do -- certainly for safety reasons & also cuz it's so uncomfortably humid out. Maybe the interns are cleaning? Or she can't afford air conditioning?

I think it's pretty obvious that Lady Morgan's shit does stink. Edited by Grneyedldy
  • Love 5

[As archer1267 said, why does anyone need to babysit Sonja?

Maybe if she woke up after passing out on the floor she would make better decisions with her drinking/behavior!

I suspect That has happened to Sonja many times in the past, and it hasn't been a wale-up call so far.

• Love 3

[As archer1267 said, why does anyone need to babysit Sonja?

I suspect That has happened to Sonja many times in the past, and it hasn't been a wale-up call so far.

Maybe if they showed her passed out on camera on the show in all her glory, it might make a difference. And I suspect that if Dorinda returns next season she will be less tolerant/patient of Sonja's drunken antics. LOL

• Love 6

why does anyone need to babysit Sonja?

Maybe if she woke up after passing out on the floor she would make better decisions with her drinking/behavior!

Point - as much as I hate sloppy drunk people, and I go to large scifi cons where sloppy drunkenness is a badge of honor, most people aren't going to leave eve a vaguely known companion to the wolves. Dorinda was being decent. Sonya needs to remember that decency does wear off after a while.

• Love 2
(edited)

Omg, you got into a fistfight with Tim Gunn!  He's lucky you didn't press charges.

YES!!!!   Or maybe it makes you butch.  I think it depends on your outfit.  Are you wearing flannel right now? 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 2

Omg, you got into a fistfight with Tim Gunn!  He's lucky you didn't press charges.

YES!!!!   Or maybe it makes you butch.  I think it depends on your outfit.  Are you wearing flannel right now? 

LOL, no, baby doll PJ! LOL My hubby loves my very short hair and it is much easier to manage, my hair is very curly.

I don't think that Carole really thinks she is sooooo much better than any of these woman at all. Obviously, she is a participant of the show and friends with most of them.

Her 'dig' at Luanne was not that big of a deal. These woman make small digs at each other constantly. At the time of filming, Carole and Luanne were very friendly with each other (pre twitter Adam gate). Her comment about strippers was obviously a joke at the expense of journalists. And god forbid she comment on having a hot body. I don't get that more people are offended over a woman having confidence in herself than people commenting about how grossly skinny she is or how ugly. Carole is obviously no fucking supermodel rubbing her hotness in everyone's face, I'm sure she is aware of this fact, god forbid an average, older woman have confidence and feel hot.

The stuff Carole says about herself doesn't bother me at all.  It's the stuff she says about the other women that bugs me. Saying Ramona couldn't fit into her dress, Luann's NOT! European, calling Aviva "nothing."  Don't get me started on her face grabbing, lol

LOL, no, baby doll PJ! LOL My hubby loves my very short hair and it is much easier to manage, my hair is very curly.

I am guessing he is fan of the baby doll pj's, too! You go girl!  

• Love 3

Sooo.. I went back to the episode (thank you for DVRs) and Heather did say at the beginning of the show, apparently after Sonja wouldn't let them in and she appeared to be walking away, "Bitch, bitch, you're a f'ing bitch."  I have no problem with that. 

On another note, as some others have said, I didn't know that short hair is very European.  I did know, or assumed, that dried out bleached hair can be very American.  OK, that was not nice  (but isn't it kind of true?).  Maybe it's European too.  I don't keep up on 'European' trends.

• Love 2

I thought, although I could be wrong, that the European hair discussion started as a discussion about extensions. I thought it was something along the lines of Luanne saying that she'd had the same hairstyle for years and was thinking of getting extentions and then Bethanny said the "short hair is European" thing meaning it was grown up sophisticated sexy instead of long hair young sexy and then Carole jumped in. I thought Carole was being a bit much (that comment had more of a "look at me! Look at me! Pay attention to me!" quality to it than a bitchy quality), but I wasn't sure she had heard the entire conversation and may have just heard B's last comment. I'm also not sure I heard the conversation correctly either. It's hard when the editing brings us in half way through.

• Love 2
(edited)
That's my opinion and that's how I'd have handled Heather's outburst.

Between this and last season's "motherfucker" incident, any respect for I had for this woman has disappeared faster than Sonja's panties.

Holla!!!

My first reaction to Heather's outburst was that i couldn't blame her one bit & I'd react the same way.  And I figured I'd be even more annoyed (as Heather was) that Sonja not only didn't acknowledge her thoughtlessness, but she certainly did not apologize for it in any sincere way.  

But thinking about this, I don't think I would have reacted as Heather did -- at all.  Me?  I might have waited for a few minutes & then hauled my luggage over to Starbucks, which is only a half-block away from Sonja's townhouse -- and I'd leave word that I was waiting over there.  Er, problem solved.  Soooo, why couldn't Heather do this?  Why all the whining & drama from her?

I thought she's such a successful businesswoman.  Does she always lose her cool over such trivial bullshit?  Is she not able to deal with problems quickly & effectively in her work life?  I would think that'd be a must for her.  So I don't get why she lost it so badly in this situation.  Something doesn't compute here.  Was Heather working the cameras -- or maybe she really is totally bugged by Sonja?  She said the intern(s) told her Lady Morgan couldn't come down & she couldn't come in.  Sonja denies the interns refer to her as Lady Morgan.  I suspect Heather was overstating this.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5
(edited)
But thinking about this, I don't think I would have reacted as Heather did -- at all.  Me?  I might have waited for a few minutes & then hauled my luggage over to Starbucks, which is only a half-block away from Sonja's townhouse -- and I'd leave word that I was waiting over there.  Er, problem solved.  Soooo, why couldn't Heather do this?  Why all the whining & drama from her?

Scoobs, I totally agree.  The thing is that each and every cast member has a line producer for the show.  If Sonja was being all "don't come into my house," all they had to do was go somewhere else (like that half block away Starbucks, because even in the shitty weather it is MAYBE a 4 minute walk if they have to wait at a cross light and I don't curry any problems with luggage...they were going away for a weekend, so, what? a tote? rolling bag?)  Give me a f'in break.  I used to travel a lot for work and had to go a lot further in a lot worse conditions to way shittier locations than a Starbucks.  And without a line producer to tell me when the limo arrived.  There was never a limo for me.  Hell, if it were that big of a deal, y'all know Ramona would have bitched about her "blow out" being ruined.  That didn't even come up.

Edited by Lizzing
  • Love 4

Heather is like a mean, nasty drunk when she's been crossed.  Except without the drunk part.  When she actually *is* drunk and feels crossed, she likes to stand on chairs and act more sanctimonious than usual.

Next time someone does Holla wrong, I'd like to see her talk with her feet next time and less with her considerable mouth. 

• Love 1