Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Double Down On Delusion

• Start Topic

I wonder if it has occurred to Sonja that they are making fun of her when they call her that.

More from Sonja's blog:

Yes, because wine is not alcohol. 

She is really going to turn this into a discussion of how much the other ladies drink? When we saw her rolling around flashing her cooch, trying to make out with Luann, and being led down the hallway by Dorinda, staggering like Otis Campbell being put in the jail cell by Barney Fife?  

Sonja must be the most persistently defiant, in denial drunk I have ever seen on TV (with the possible exception of that chick on Dr. Phil who drank hand sanitizer when her family cut her off from booze.  Hell, even she admitted she had a problem).  But Sonja blames her antics on the company she keeps, on the type of liquor she consumed?  Seriously? 

I just don't even know what to say.  I don't know how much longer they can keep this woman on this show. It wasn't even fun to watch her this last episode.  It was sickening.  She has actually become tragic at this point. Like seriously teetering on the edge of disaster.  Is Bravo going to keep the cameras rolling until Sonja takes a drunken tumble down her stairs and gets a debilitating head injury? Will the cameras be there to capture the scene as her interns spoon feed her broth and change her diapers?  Christ on a cracker, how much longer can this go on?

Sonja is just like Brandi, they both blame their fellow HWs for causing them to drink. Both are now saying that they "have" to drink to be around them, both have been photo/videoed out drunk in their own private lives, flashing private parts and both point out that other HWs drink more than they do! Sadly, both of these HWs are joining the ranks of KimR, addiction, be it alcohol, pills, powder or some combination of 2 or more of these.

Heather has a right to be mad, but I don't think you can expect someone to just let you into their house if they aren't ready. My mom would be thrown into a tizzy if someone wanted to come in and the house wasn't tidy enough. Heather should maybe get over herself. Kirsten will go along with anything Heather says-- Dorinda and Ramona obviously didn't care.

Heather should just accept the fact that Sonja doesn't like her and move on. Yelling at someone constantly and insisting they treat you a certain way is not going to make them like you more. Heather actually seems to have more entitlement issues than anyone there. Imagine if she went to Penn State what kind of monster she would be. hee hee. Sorry mod. 

The women were to all meet at Sonja's house at 10 - 10:30 am, it was her trip and they were on time, not early She knew they were coming and should have been prepared. Sonja was in the wrong, not Heather, Kirsten, Dorinda or Ramona, just Sonja.

• Love 11

haha you guys are killing me.... lol

1) OK so let's say Sonja needed to be alone. The ladies couldn't have at LEAST left their luggage in the vestibule/foyer/heated dungeon?

2) How much do you suppose Sonja slips her Bravo cameraman on the side to NOT film the dark aging angles on the house? Maybe he has a black card.

• Love 4

Why did Beth get all twisted when Carole said Lu wasn't European, she's from Connecticut? Beth got all offended was that a jab, by Carole? I didn't see it that way.

I think it was her tone. Carole has this perma-smug way of talking as if "Stupid" is implied at the end of every sentence. Sort of "But she's from Connecticut, Stupid." It's a total tone thing. Either you hear it or you don't and I think it has a lot to do with who likes Carole and who doesn't.

• Love 13
(edited)

If it really was just Sonja 's house was not tidy, I get that I don't like people to my house even a bit messy. The problem is she knew they were coming! Clean up your house woman.

Anytime I have a party, cookout dinner party for people, I spend like 2 days before cleaning every corner.

My house not that dirty, but if I know lots of guests will be there, I want it extra clean.

As someone else pointed there were cameras in there, I doubt Sonja would the camera crew in if she had dishes and dirty clothes every where.

I'm not sure what happened, but Sonja is a trip.

I loved in her blog she says she couldn't party with the ladies in turks and caicos, so she only had wine, lol.

I think it was her tone. Carole has this perma-smug way of talking as if "Stupid" is implied at the end of every sentence. Sort of "But she's from Connecticut, Stupid." It's a total tone thing. Either you hear it or you don't and I think it has a lot to do with who likes Carole and who doesn't.

Maybe you are right.

I don't really care for Carole, but I just didn't see it as a dig/jab.

I feel like this season my opinion of these ladies will be pretty fluid, depending on who is annoying me in each episode:)

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4

You mean Carole talks like Bethenny? Maybe that is why they are now friends!  LOL

• Love 4
(edited)

You mean Carole talks like Bethenny? Maybe that is why they are now friends! LOL

A-ha. Maybe my dislike for Beth is bigger than my dislike of Carole?

And Beth's overreaction annoyed me more than Carole's dig:) .

I can't even say I really dislike either, they both bug. Beth more than Carole.

My real dislike is for Tamra (oc) Brandi(bh).

I have nothing against Tampa (my phone has a problem with it.)

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 2

FozzyBear, on 15 May 2015 - 3:47 PM, said:

Maybe you are right.

I don't really care for Carole, but I just didn't see it as a dig/jab.

My opinion is that Beth called it out as a dig because B was complimenting LuAnn and Carole interjected with the comment.  B doesn't like to be interrupted nor does she want anyone getting in any zingers (lame or not) besides herself.

• Love 3

I really owe Sonja an apology for criticizing her for not letting "the girls" wait in her house. I re-read her explanation and realized that in my first reading, I had missed that she was concerned about the safety of her garbage disposal. Now her explanation makes sense. I hate when friends come over with a whole shit load of tools, distract me and steal my god damn garbage disposal! And, I'm tired of continually replacing it only to have it stolen again! Especially when it's rich, middle age women taking it! Sorry, Sonja!

• Love 14

You mean Carole talks like Bethenny? Maybe that is why they are now friends! LOL

Hey I totally get that it's a subjective measure. Beth's tone doesn't grate me, but Carole's does. I find on most of the housewife shows they're pretty much all narcissistic nut jobs, but some of them bug you more than others. It's not really logical.

• Love 8

I really owe Sonja an apology for criticizing her for not letting "the girls" wait in her house. I re-read her explanation and realized that in my first reading, I had missed that she was concerned about the safety of her garbage disposal. Now her explanation makes sense. I hate when friends come over with a whole shit load of tools, distract me and steal my god damn garbage disposal! And, I'm tired of continually replacing it only to have it stolen again! Especially when it's rich, middle age women taking it! Sorry, Sonja!

Sooooo in all seriousness, I'm wondering if Sonjia is developing some hoarding behaviors. She kind of fits the profile of a hoarder and a reluctance to allow people into your home on flimsy pretenses is a symptom.

• Love 9
My opinion is that Beth called it out as a dig because B was complimenting LuAnn and Carole interjected with the comment.  B doesn't like to be interrupted nor does she want anyone getting in any zingers (lame or not) besides herself.

I just didn't get what the point of Carole saying that was, if not (as another poster said) to make Bethenny feel stupid. I'm pretty sure Beth is well aware that Lu is not from Europe. That's not what she was trying to say. So either Carole is really stupid, and thought Bethenny was truly saying LuAnn is European....or Carole was trying to make Bethenny feel stupid by needlessly pointing out what she already knew. That's why I took it as a jab, because it just seemed pointless. 

• Love 6

Penn State's a good school, but I always thought between Penn State and UPenn, that folks "Oooh"ed and "Ahhh"ed more about UPenn. 

In any case, I still maintain that Sonja was rude for that whole "Wait outside" business. You can't even host your fellow friends/co-worker in  your foyer/vestibule/whatever, but I'm expected to believe that you have capabilities of hosting larger events? Ma'am, no.

I think Sonja was extremely rude. Heather writes that they were stuck in the UNHEATED foyer. Sonja claims it was heated. That's a no brainer, Sonja was lying. Then add the fact that there were no chairs. Really, who treats their fellow co-workers that way? Which is what these women are to each other.

From Sonja's blog:

Um, Sonja, that's not what sounds ludicrous....

But really, my question is just, does SONJA believe all this stuff, or does she just think WE will believe it? Does she think we will pre-order (and pre-pay for) a $1200 dress or a $300 tunic?   Does she think that she is convincing when she announces "royalty from Dubai would invite us all to stay at their palace"?  

Is she delusional, or does she think we're all really dumb?  I can't figure out which would be worse!

If she were trying to be funny, this blog would be very funny.  Here's how Sonja describes the process of wiping up when someone spills tea:

Wow.  She sure does make using a napkin sound really difficult, time consuming and fraught with danger.  No wonder she needs so many interns!!

Lol your first sentence.....I posted almost the exact thing. Great minds and all that. As for the detailed explanation of how to handle a tea spill on antique furniture......I think that part of Sonja's tips to keeping the manor. She started with that spiel her first season. It was cute back then. Now it is just sad.
  • Love 4

I just didn't get what the point of Carole saying that was, if not (as another poster said) to make Bethenny feel stupid. I'm pretty sure Beth is well aware that Lu is not from Europe. That's not what she was trying to say. So either Carole is really stupid, and thought Bethenny was truly saying LuAnn is European....or Carole was trying to make Bethenny feel stupid by needlessly pointing out what she already knew. That's why I took it as a jab, because it just seemed pointless. 

I think Carole was actually taking a shot at Luann, the way she used to do when she was first on the show and found Luann so pretentious.  She is the one who heard the tonal thing, telling herself Bethenny was saying Luann was actually European when that was not even what she said.  Because Carole doesn't like Luann.

Who knew it was a dig to not be European!

I think it was more about Carole trying to discount the idea that Luann tries to come across as European, when in fact she is from Connecticut.

So the more appropriate statement is, who knew it was a dig to be from Connecticut!  

• Love 5
(edited)
Sooooo in all seriousness, I'm wondering if Sonjia is developing some hoarding behaviors. She kind of fits the profile of a hoarder and a reluctance to allow people into your home on flimsy pretenses is a symptom.[/quote

I think anything is possible with Sonja. Since Atlanta is over maybe Bravo can send Dr. Jeff to NYC to chase Sonja around calling "Sonja? Sonja? Sonja" He was very effective with Nene using that technique.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 5

Carole seems to be the identity police. Especially about Luann. First she was outraged when Luann said she had Indian heritage and insisted that she was "Native American." Then she had to make a dig that Luann didn't have a "European Sensibility" but that she comes from Connecticut.

What's up with that? Is she still getting high and editing the Housewives entries on Wiki-pedia again?

That was so last season.

• Love 13

The fact of the matter is, LuAnn is not European, no matter how hard she tries. Sorry Lu.

I don't think Luann is really trying to fool anybody.  She could not have been more open about her Connecticut-born, Native American roots, she the nurse in an old folks home who won a beauty contest and went to Europe to model where she met the Count, got married, travelled with him, had kids, then came back to the US to raise them.  She actually wrote a whole book about it.

I just see Carole as not liking her and wanting to bring her down a peg ... but all she did was make herself look kind of stupid because Bethenny never said Luann was European, she just said she had European hair.  That's like saying you drive a German car.  It doesn't mean I think you are German and someone needs to correct my thinking, for heaven's sake.

• Love 14
Carole seems to be the identity police. Especially about Luann. First she was outraged when Luann said she had Indian heritage and insisted that she was "Native American." Then she had to make a dig that Luann didn't have a "European Sensibility" but that she comes from Connecticut.

What's up with that? Is she still getting high and editing the Housewives entries on Wiki-pedia again?

Luann kept referring to herself as an Indian and even did some crude, stereotypical Native American hand signs.  Carole, quite rightly, pointed out to her that she was being offensive with this stuff.  She didn't take exception to Luann claiming her Native American heritage; she took exception with the rather insulting and stereotypical way in which Luann was expressing it.  And I didn't hear her say that Luann didn't have a "European sensibility", but she did, again rightly, point out that Luann is not European.

• Love 3

Luann kept referring to herself as an Indian and even did some crude, stereotypical Native American hand signs.  Carole, quite rightly, pointed out to her that she was being offensive with this stuff.  She didn't take exception to Luann claiming her Native American heritage; she took exception with the rather insulting and stereotypical way in which Luann was expressing it.  And I didn't hear her say that Luann didn't have a "European sensibility", but she did, again rightly, point out that Luann is not European.

To me it's not the fact that Carole is right or wrong when she goes around correcting people ... it's the shitty way she does it.  Just so snide.  As Fozzy Bear put it:

Carole has this perma-smug way of talking as if "Stupid" is implied at the end of every sentence.

To me this is the most accurate thing about Carole ever posted on this board.  I could not agree more.

• Love 12

To quote the late great Housewife Alex McCord, I think LuAnn is "haughty, condescending and frankly, I don't like it". And for the record, she's not European, she's from Connecticut!

• Love 3
(edited)

Well don't you think people can make their own decisions about their ethnicity and how they want to refer to it especially when they are joking around? I mean I am not going to check Nene when she talks about being black or Kim Richards talking about being a helpless alcoholic. 

They know more about it than me. Who am I to judge?

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 7

Well don't you think people can make their own decisions about their ethnicity and how they want to refer to it especially when they are joking around? I mean I am not going to check Nene when she talks about being black or Kim Richards talking about being a helpless alcoholic. 

They know more about it than me. Who am I to judge?

Sure people can make their own decisions about how to reference or portray their own ethnicity. They should also be aware that others of that same or a different ethnicity may take offense to.

I am part Native American and identify as black. If I sat at a table making the sterotypical "Indian" noises that Luann was making, believe me, my grandmother wouldn't confront me with words, she would slap the taste out of my mouth. If I sat around dropping n-bombs, I am pretty sure my mother would at the very least kick me out of her home. 

It's just like the whole free speech argument. Yes you have the right to express yourself freely. It doesn't mean that there won't be any consequences to your doing so.

The thing I never understood about that entire Native American argument was that Luann was so unaware of the circumstance. This was a group of wealthy white women sitting around and here she was making these rudely stereotypical gestures and then dismissing it by saying "It's ok. I'm Indian." Well, no Luann, you have American Indian or Native American as part of your heritage. What you are is a white woman who has been living the life of the upper 1 percent. Show some awareness about just how offensive you can be not just to your heritage but to the other people around you who may not be so accepting of casual racism.

• Love 5
(edited)

Wait a minute! The "Late" Alex McCord?

I didn't know she died.

Just because you live in Brooklyn doesn't mean you are dead. Just sayn'

Late Great *Housewife*, which she is no longer. RIP Housewife Alex. I miss you. Edited by shoegal
  • Love 3
(edited)

I have to tell her she is dead the next time I see her at Met Foods on Smith St.

That might take a while, I believe she lives in Australia.

And according to Yelp, that store is closed. Looks like you are SOL. LOL.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 4
(edited)

That must be why I haven't run into her recently. I have to pay more attention. I haven't been over there in a month of Sundays. The last time I ran into Simon was outside Angry Wade's. That was a while ago.

But then I am Irish and I am drunk all the time.

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 7

It was supremely colonialistic for Carole to lecture any minority on the appropriate manner in which to self-identify. Additionally, she was incorrect about the issue she decided she had to make a point of contention; plenty of contemporary indigenous Americans prefer the term "Indian" in referring to themselves. The biggest online indigenously-oriented news outlet is called Indian Country Today. LuAnn does not appear to have any substantive connection to her heritage; I do not know if she's secretly devoting most of her time to combating reservation rape or helping Indian youth, but she appears to largely deploy said heritage as a sort of conversational curiosity. And, whatever, her daddy was part Algonquin, so she can allude away. But she began making her war whoops *after* Carole started expressing her misinformed moral outrage in, I assume, a (tone-deaf) attempt to bait Carole/illustrate that she didn't care. I think LuAnn behaved idiotically but Carole's insistence on taking umbrage at everything Lu did in that season made her look offensive and ridiculous in that instance. It would be like a white woman arguing to a black person that they needed to identify themselves as African-American and stop using "black" as a self-identifier.

• Love 9

It was supremely colonialistic for Carole to lecture any minority on the appropriate manner in which to self-identify. Additionally, she was incorrect about the issue she decided she had to make a point of contention; plenty of contemporary indigenous Americans prefer the term "Indian" in referring to themselves. The biggest online indigenously-oriented news outlet is called Indian Country Today. LuAnn does not appear to have any substantive connection to her heritage; I do not know if she's secretly devoting most of her time to combating reservation rape or helping Indian youth, but she appears to largely deploy said heritage as a sort of conversational curiosity. And, whatever, her daddy was part Algonquin, so she can allude away. But she began making her war whoops *after* Carole started expressing her misinformed moral outrage in, I assume, a (tone-deaf) attempt to bait Carole/illustrate that she didn't care. I think LuAnn behaved idiotically but Carole's insistence on taking umbrage at everything Lu did in that season made her look offensive and ridiculous in that instance. It would be like a white woman arguing to a black person that they needed to identify themselves as African-American and stop using "black" as a self-identifier.

I will respond in the Luann thread. 

The thing that is so perplexing is that she let a camera crew in to show her arranging sticks in a vase and packing her suitcase.

Just when I thought I figured it out (a messy house), then this comes up! It will forever be a mystery ...

You can't even host your fellow friends/co-worker in  your foyer/vestibule/whatever, but I'm expected to believe that you have capabilities of hosting larger events? Ma'am, no.

"Hire me as a party planner!"

• Love 3
It was supremely colonialistic for Carole to lecture any minority on the appropriate manner in which to self-identify. Additionally, she was incorrect about the issue she decided she had to make a point of contention; plenty of contemporary indigenous Americans prefer the term "Indian" in referring to themselves. The biggest online indigenously-oriented news outlet is called Indian Country Today.

They weren't exactly singing her praises at the time (and neither were most of us, if we stop and think about it).

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2012/08/07/other-things-said-about-american-indians-real-housewives-new-york-city-127963

• Love 2

I do not think LuAnn's hair looks like Kate Jackson's as a Charlie's Angel at all!!!! Kate's was more of a straight pageboy. I love LuAnn's hair and think it flatters her very well. And I'm not a LuAnn Fan. I think she is very pretty/striking looking.

• Love 11

They weren't exactly singing (Luann's) praises at the time (and neither were most of us, if we stop and think about it).

From what I recall of the boards at TWOP, opinions were quite split.

And people said the same things then that people are saying here about it: that many Native Americans refer to themselves as Indians and several respected NA groups proudly use the word in their official names. There were some who thought what Luann said was her right even if it was not a politically correct term, and asked who were they to tell her she couldn't call herself whatever. There were those who found it offensive and ignorant, and some people just thought maybe the "woo woo" part was going too far. Just like people are saying now.

Opinion was hardly one sided about her behavior.

ETA: in fact after reading the article you linked more closely, it doesn't look like the author had all that one-sided an opinion about what Luann did, either, giving her "credit for not suffering from Carole's incorrect political correctness," while noting that her "woo woo" was actually rather offensive.

• Love 7

Well, linked within that ICT article is this one: http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2012/08/06/tonights-real-housewives-features-misinformed-debate-over-un-racist-remark-127742

More specifically: "Unfortunately, it seems there are plenty of non-Indians who feel they know better. It's not just Carole Radziwill."

No one is contending that LuAnn's behavior was unimpeachable, but Carole started the dispute specifically over the terminology "Indian" and labeled the word "racist," which it just simply is not. She did not deconstruct the nature of stereotyping or cultural identity; she advanced a misinformed, fundamentally incorrect notion and LuAnn subsequently replied with an ill-advised and unfortunate promotion of stereotypes in order to rile Carole. Prior to Carole's attempt to play politically correct white savior, LuAnn had simply shared that her dad was "Indian."

• Love 10

Sooooo in all seriousness, I'm wondering if Sonjia is developing some hoarding behaviors. She kind of fits the profile of a hoarder and a reluctance to allow people into your home on flimsy pretenses is a symptom.

That's how I picture most of the rooms.  Cluttered with stuff in various states of disrepair.  Hopefully Quincy's floor is her own domain.

Wonder if we'll see Sonja's sister on an upcoming episode.  We've met Ramona's sister.  Could be interesting.

• Love 6
(edited)

My opinion is that Beth called it out as a dig because B was complimenting LuAnn and Carole interjected with the comment. B doesn't like to be interrupted nor does she want anyone getting in any zingers (lame or not) besides herself.

The fact of the matter is, LuAnn is not European, no matter how hard she tries. Sorry Lu.

Yeah, I didn't understand the point of Carole interjecting and pointing out Lu was from Connecticut when no one actually said she was European. Beth just made the point of saying her hairstyle was. As much as all these ladies like to do the whole European double air kiss that would be like Carole stopping in the middle of one and saying you're not European, you're from Jersey. Huh?

Lu is not European and never claimed to be, however, she is well traveled and multilingual. At one point, one would have even called her an ex-pat being that she lived abroad for several years. It is not like she had a time share that she went to a few weeks out of the year in Cabo. She lived worked, met & married her husband there.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 19

Yeah, I didn't understand the point of Carole interjecting and pointing out Lu was from Connecticut when no one actually said she was European. Beth just made the point of saying her hairstyle was. As much as all these ladies like to do the whole European double air kiss that would be like Carole stopping in the middle of one and saying your not European, your from Jersey.

LOL. It's 11:45 at night and you're so on point. How do you do that?  I'm going to giggle myself right to bed now. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I hate when people name drop people they know. The school or education they have when it's in an inauthentic or boastful way. Shoehorn in remarks about their looks or body size awkwardly. It doesn't really matter if how much truth is behind it or how amazing or not amazing those facts are. I notice at times. It can be interpreted to those receiving those comments as marginalizing them. I don't do this in my life and find when people do they are attempting to convey or convince someone they are very important in the world.

I wanna comment on how blown away I am by Sonja's blog. Was it written by an intern about to quit her? She has French Doors, a pond, garbage disposals, 2 dogs ect any disaster could have happened? These are grown women with reasonable intelligence left alone with cameras rolling and a crew on hand that could pitch in if one ran throw a door, drowned in her courtyard shallow pond, stuck a hand in a garbage disposal for some odd reason while waiting, or left a door open. She's talking like they are Neanderthals.

LOL. Anyhow. If she's so totally in fear of that or them then I guess she should have been worried they were allowed in her hotel room while she was blotto drunk and unable to supervise them.

To bring this to something positive every woman looked great at AC casino night even Carole who was wearing a shirt found on a frat room floor from a Spring break trip and some playboy ears. Whatever its ironic maybe she will wear one of those hats with 2 cups on the side and straws going to her mouth or a vintage Coed Naked T the next HW party outing. Heather and Kristen looked hot. I liked the 2 color identical stiletto Loubitins on K (very Cindi Lauper which wasn't really try hard since the rest of her outfit was understated so yay) and Heather's getup highlighted her figure well. Dorinda's hair and makeup looked nice. I enjoyed Bethanny and appreciate her poise this episode. She was patient and giving of her time and advice. Dorinda was a sport as well.

Everyone has a strong NY accent to my ears. I don't know if its cause I'm careful about having an accent that I notice it. But even Lady Sonja has a noticeable accent.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 6

Gosh, so Beth comments about Luann not getting extensions because short hair is so European (I hadn't realized) and Carole makes the simple comment that well, Luann isn't European. She is from CT. Beth is the one who makes this an issue. Carole also says in her TH that American is better than European. At first, I stated here that it was dig on Carole's part to Luann. But after looking at the scene again, I take it back. It was really just an innocent comment about what's wrong with looking American. .

• Love 2

I wanna comment on how blown away I am by Sonja's blog. Was it written by an intern about to quit her? She has French Doors, a pond, garbage disposals, 2 dogs ect any disaster could have happened? These are grown women with reasonable intelligence left alone with cameras rolling and a crew on hand that could pitch in if one ran throw a door, drowned in her courtyard shallow pond, stuck a hand in a garbage disposal for some odd reason while waiting, or left a door open. She's talking like they are Neanderthals.

LOL. Anyhow. If she's so totally in fear of that or them then I guess she should have been worried they were allowed in her hotel room while she was blotto drunk and unable to supervise them.

I suspect that Sonja judges the others by her own conduct! Maybe she can not be trusted to not break or damage something in someone else's home. LOL

• Love 2
(edited)

Sonja gets something in her head and once it's in her head, she'll make all sorts of absurd statements to justify it.  For whatever reason (Sonja logic), she didn't want anyone in her house that morning.  I don't think it had anything to do with a messy house, spilled tea, dogs getting out, garbage disposal being broken or 'french doors'.  Nope.  Sonja got a thing in her head and no one was coming in.  Logical?  Nope.  But Sonja is not a rational or logical person.  She wasn't prepared psychologically for having guests and that was it.  It wasn't going to happen.  For some illogical reason, she made that decision on that particular morning. 

Sonja has many issues.  She's delusional.  We're trying to rationalize something but we're not watching a rational person.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 14

I am not completely understanding this whole foyer-situation.  

Sonja clearly said that Heather started bounding up the stairs, and "up" the stairs has to mean they gained entrance beyond the front door at some point.  The outdoors stairs to the front door go down. So they had to be inside.  At least inside that little room you enter into.  At least Heather was. 

It seemed like Heather starting to go up the stairs is what caused Sonja to flip out. An overreaction, l would say, but she did at least let them in.

But inside the limo Sonja started rambling about not wanting the front door open because her dogs could get out.  Was that just general bitching and defensiveness from her? Because the rest of what she said makes it clear she had already let them in.  

So did Sonja let them in then start freaking out because as they arrived one at a time, the front door was having to be opened over and over?  And then Heather started to go beyond the area she had been invited into?  And then someone spilled some tea?  And then she kicked them all out into the rain?

Am I understanding this? 

According to Dorinda they were in the foyer a nice foyer but a foyer just the same.  According to Sonja they kept opening the front door because she could feel the draft.  Heather at one point came up the stairs to tell Sonja they were leaving without her.  Heather said they were suppose to be there at 10:00 am, Sonja said 10:30, Kristen couldn't remember the Bravo footage showed the arrived at 10:38.  Ramona was apparently able to gain access drink tea and use the bathroom.  Dorinda said it would have been nice if the limo was there. Kristen says they were told to haul their luggage to Starbucks.  I don't know how they ended up out in front of the building but no one threw them out of the foyer.  Dorinda apparently waited in the foyer but Heather and Kristen were outside presumably waiting for the limo which was late.  Heather in her blog has now renamed the foyer a vestibule.

Sonja worries about her college age interns being unsupervised around her garbage disposals and doors to the outside.  I have no idea what kind sheltered lives these interns must lead or how many garbage disposals she has but wow Sonja may be borrowing trouble. 

These women are always bitching about not being offered a beverage.  Obviously that can't handle their fluids if they have to pee on the side of the road.  I honestly gathered from Sonja's comments both in her blog and during the filming she was working hard to secure other childcare arrangements for her daughter which she claims she told Heather about.  Sonja making the trip hinged on making other child care arrangements but Heather was more concerned with being offered a beverage than Sonja getting her childcare situation straightened out.

About this time I have to say Heather is not a very good guest or host.  She seems to have issues both as a hostess and a guest.  Last year she bitched about Ramona missing her party that she paid for by the head, kept Aviva dangling whether or not she would invite her, claimed Sonja didn't show up and Sonja was out of the country.  Then she complained prior to the arrival of Ramona that she was a bitch and would bitch about her little sweat box in the Berkshires.  She made Kristen cry when she made fun of her game last year at the dude ranch.  More troublesome to me is Heather is coming off as less than honest over pretty trivial stuff.  I think Heather likes to pick at Sonja to make her feel inferior.  I felt sorry for Dorinda.

• Love 5

Bethenny's been a raging bronco the past few weeks but I am 100% here for her reality punch in Sonja's face.  TEAM B!!!!!!!!!!!!*

*only applies to RHONY season 7 episode 6

I happen to really like Bethanny but I loved how you preferenced your TEAM B only to season 7 episode 6. That was hilarious.

• Love 3
(edited)

Ramona was apparently able to gain access drink tea and use the bathroom.

I wonder if Moaner spilled the tea on the antique table, I feel like if Heather or Kristen did it, the blog would been all Naming names.......

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 3

It was painful to watch Sonja. I think she definitely has a problem with alcohol and possibly some mental health issues too. She needs help.

So far this season Bethenny's annoyed me with her feigned shock and outrage at the conversations about hurting people's feelings - for God's sake, she's been on the show before, she knows the format and that there's all this created drama she's expected to participate in. Pretending to fall asleep because it bores you isn't part of your job description,girl.

But this week I thought she was exactly the right person to try to talk sense into Sonja. Bethenny's built her own brand out of nothing, worked her ass off and I think she's very smart where business is concerned. So she can cut right through Sonja's bullshit and isn't afraid to speak her mind. But with an airhead like Sonja, it's in one ear and out the other.

The start of this episode reminded me of Hoarders, where people are afraid/ashamed to let their friends into their homes. I dread to think how squalid it is on those upper floors.

I thought Luann in her THs was fake and patronising, with that forced smile when she made a point. Can't stand her.

• Love 3

I wonder if Moaner spilled the tea on the antique table, I feel like if Heather or Kristen did it, the blog would been all Naming names.......

I have to agree with this, she would be bitching about them. However I don't think Ramona did it either, I think Sonja did it or it was something she made up. I love Sonja, I have always loved Sonja but there is something definitely wrong with the Lady Morgan, and I do worry about her.

Like many of the HoWives, I can take or leave Carole so I am not going to comment about what she has done or hasn't done to irritate me. The first I ever heard of her was her "What remains" book which I found at the dollar store. I bought it for $1.00 and read it, mainly because of the Kennedy connection not because I knew who she was and wanted to read her story. Quite frankly it was quite a few years ago I read it and I don't remember what impression she left on me. But it must have been good since after missing quite a bit of several season of RHONY when I heard Carole was going to be on it interested me enough to start tuning in again.

When this episode aired my daughter had her spring choir concert, which like a good Mama I attended. I was disappointed that I was going to miss what I was sure was going to be another good twitter war between the Countess and Carole. I was even more disappoint to find the Countess had turned tail and ran. My theory about her starting up with the fighting so she had something going on during the reunion taping was shot down. I am at a loss, so I guess she has just lost her God-Damn mind. Or maybe her niece got onto her about it and how embarrassing it all was.

Speaking of the Countess I was laughing like a hyena about the snatch-guard comment but I was a little shocked the Countess used that word, not too Klassy! Not that it offended me but it is not something I expected Luann to say. Watching Sonya trying to molest LuAnn made me recoil in horror, that was not pleasant to watch.

Foyer-gate was very confusing! I know that I would be upset to be left out in the rain and cold so I felt Heather had every right to be upset as well. But she was like a dog with a bone, just would not let it go!

Personally with as many times as Bethenny had been showing peeing on TV I think she need to add a SkinnyGirl adult diaper to her product line. If it comes to pass she owes me a car.

• Love 2