Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Double Down On Delusion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Lu's legs were all banged up. And what is with Dorinda saying that Lu and her had similar lives? Was Dorinda a model? A game show hostess in Italy?

A pirate enthusiast?

What was the third word when Beth was making fun of "smoky eye, up-do, and..."? Shnott? Scotch? Shtott? Shot? I couldn't make it out.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 1

A pirate enthusiast?

What was the third word when Beth was making fun of "smoky eye, up-do, and..."? Shnott? Scotch? Shtott? Shot? I couldn't make it out.

If the First Look is designed as a teaser . . . miles to go.  There is just so much unnecessary talking.  And then they all talk at once about the unnecessary talking.  Sonja should have made it clear-family emergency and she did not want any distractions. . . since she can't say I don't want the camera crew inside.  Then she needs to stop. Heather et al, want in to make cracks about Sonja's living conditions.  Go to Starbucks have some coffee and pee.  I have a feeling when Sonja sees the episodes she doesn't realize how ridiculous she sounds even with Bethenny trying to give her a clue.  For three years people have been telling her they do not care about her life 10 years ago. . . and she just keeps going.

I find it hard to believe between NYC and Atlantic City there is no where to pee.  Or that these women have such small bladders.

• Love 2

Gstaad?  It's a city in Switzerland where the upper crust snobs hang out.

• Love 4

Oh, my god. That was really entertaining!

To be fair, I would bet that they had all guzzled pots of coffee before heading over to Sonja's. I've been there. It's painful.

Although they spent way too much time showing the flashback of Beth peeing in the bucket.

• Love 1

Geez, Heather describing what she's had to do, when Sonja is shitfaced, to get her safely home. I'd be pissed off, too.

I'm impressed that Dorinda seems pretty good at staying calm and not exacerbating the conflict when the other HWs are crazed with anger.

Was Sonja lying about her sister's friend dying? Then did she lie about how she can't open the front door because one of her dogs ran out to the street and got hit by a car? It seemed as if she just kept making up one lie after the other to justify being an asshole.

What? Were all the tacky limos booked?

God help anyone Bravo hires to wait on these women, particularly Ramona.

Beth and Ramona were both surprisingly logical and level-headed (considering what they are capable of) and tried to give Sonja good advice re Heather, Kristin and Dorinda.

• Love 5
(edited)

Sonja: I have friends around the world, laying out the red carpet, sending me tickets to come to Dubai, to Gstaad, to Phuket, to Telluride.

So does she really believe what she's saying? Does she think that some people believe her?

Is she certifiable or just really stupid?

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 8

So was Sonja hiding a pirate upstairs or something? It was raining cats and dogs, and she wouldn't even let the ladies inside! My favorite line was when Bethenny was trying to tell Sonja how pretentious she sounded when she constantly name-dropped, and she said "Got it. Because they haven't lived the life." Yes, Sonja, that's it. They're all jealous of you.

• Love 9

I hate to say it but that first look was entertaining.  Yeah, a lot of talking but it held my attention.

I don't blame any of the women for being pissed about being left outside in the 'foyer'.  All they knew was that Bethenny was going to be late.  Sonja was supposed to be out in a minute and the limo was gone.  If they knew that it was going to be more than half an hour, or whatever, sure they would have went to a coffee shop.  Sonja is just full of excuses - how many stories is that townhouse?  And Sonja didn't let them in because she needed privacy?  Oh, and then the dogs would get out?  How about one of the interns putting on a leash or putting them in another room.

It looks like they stopped to pee along route nine (I think) just outside of Smithville.  Just north of AC.  There isn't too many places to stop and Beth ordered the driver to stop that minute.  Geez.  I'm sure they made a pit stop before that.  There's a number of them along the Garden State Parkway. 

I do give credit to Beth for talking to Sonja about her attitude.  And apparently, Heather has seen Sonja in a lot more situations than we've seen on the show.  This should be an interesting trip.

• Love 4

I hate to say it but that first look was entertaining.  Yeah, a lot of talking but it held my attention.

I don't blame any of the women for being pissed about being left outside in the 'foyer'.  All they knew was that Bethenny was going to be late.  Sonja was supposed to be out in a minute and the limo was gone.  If they knew that it was going to be more than half an hour, or whatever, sure they would have went to a coffee shop.  Sonja is just full of excuses - how many stories is that townhouse?  And Sonja didn't let them in because she needed privacy?  Oh, and then the dogs would get out?  How about one of the interns putting on a leash or putting them in another room.

It looks like they stopped to pee along route nine (I think) just outside of Smithville.  Just north of AC.  There isn't too many places to stop and Beth ordered the driver to stop that minute.  Geez.  I'm sure they made a pit stop before that.  There's a number of them along the Garden State Parkway. 

I do give credit to Beth for talking to Sonja about her attitude.  And apparently, Heather has seen Sonja in a lot more situations than we've seen on the show.  This should be an interesting trip.

I think Heather was initially angry because Bethenny was going to be late.  At least she called. Heather wants to challenge Bethenny and will take every opportunity to do so.  Why would the limo be late? It just sort of smells like production was stirring things up a bit.  I wish I didn't get why Sonja didn't want the masses in her house but I get it-Heather won't STFU.  Sonja has always kept her child off the show and the last thing she needs is Bravo play a sequence claiming she left her daughter without proper supervision.   Years ago with some clever editing they made it look as if Taylor Armstrong did not know where her child was and the poor woman received death threats.  The parties involved all said that it was an editing issue.  Sonja may have scrambled eggs for brains but my guess is when it comes to her daughter she is pretty no nonsense.

As far as the peeing goes-they should contact Lisa Rinna and ask for a deal on Depends if they can't handle big girl panties. 

I don't know how many times Heather has helped Sonja and my guess is that Heather and Sonja see each other zero times when they aren't filming. After the branding debacle I have never thought Heather and Sonja to be close. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Oh, dear. I'm guessing Sonja left the women in the foyer because whatever is going on at Chéz Morgan, she did NOT want filmed.

I totally get why Heather was steamed. No one wants to be left outside like a delivery person. She has already put Sonja on her hit list for this season. And Bethenny being late is probably her third strike.

I applaud Beth for trying to talk some sense into delusional Sonja, but I think it's futile. Mentally, Sonja can't move past the 1990s. Old Man Morgan really pulled the rug out from under her, and she's still coming to terms. It's sad.

I'm wondering how Lu and Carol were able to ditch this?! I'm hoping that once there's more space between them, the ladies will simmer down.

Edited by Lakewood27
  • Love 11

So was Sonja hiding a pirate upstairs or something? It was raining cats and dogs, and she wouldn't even let the ladies inside! My favorite line was when Bethenny was trying to tell Sonja how pretentious she sounded when she constantly name-dropped, and she said "Got it. Because they haven't lived the life." Yes, Sonja, that's it. They're all jealous of you.

Her Italian friends were upstairs. Sorry, I know that was Lu, but...I can't ever miss a chance to bring up the Italian friends.

• Love 7

I think Sonja didn't want anyone to see the inside of the house. Of course, that gives her credit for a level of self awareness she never seems to possess. If Bethenny and Ramona had been drinking coffee all morning I totally understand the urgency to pee. I never drink coffee before I go to work, or anywhere, for that reason alone.

• Love 5

Sonja: I have friends around the world, laying out the red carpet, sending me tickets to come to Dubai, to Gstaad, to Phuket, to Telluride.

So does she really believe what she's saying? Does she think that some people believe her?

Is she certifiable or just really stupid?

I'm not a big fan of Kristen, but all I kept thinking through this whole scene was "del-u-sion-al!"  in a sing songy voice.  

I felt really bad for Ramona in the limo, through tears, telling everyone to shut the f up, saying what a rough year she's had, and then Sonja chimes in "me too" and the fighting continues despite Ramona's tears.  Sonja may have "arranged" the whole trip (please, we know Bravo did), but I just don't think she's a genuine friend to anyone.  She seems so self-centered to care enough about anyone but herself.  

• Love 9

How great was Bethenny in that scene? "Don't say that either."

• Love 8
(edited)

That was awesome, and from the look on Beth's face she might have realized Sonja is using the same sort of medicated ex-model malopropisms that one Kelly Bensimon did in 2000AndWhoCares. I could have totally imagined Sonja saying she's up here and you're down there in that moment.

Also similar to Kelly, I can't tell what Sonja believes and what's defensive verbal diarrhea. Is it like a Pavlov's dog thing where someone says a trigger word and she's just automatically "Yachts! Jets! Marc Jacobs! Lifestyle! Black card! Swallow! Dubai!"? Because nobody is sending her fucking tickets to fucking Telluride and everywhere else, and if they ever did it was one husband and ten plus years ago. Is she really holding onto that, or does she think it's still happening now and she just needs to hire another intern to make sure the tickets stop getting lost in the mail?

I know I sound cruel, which wasn't my intent...believe it or not I like Sonja -- I think she's a tragedy for all of her money, but she's kind -- I just wish I knew what level of deluuuusion is really at play.

There was an episode of Million Dollar Listing last year when a similar falling apart brownstone was on sale, replete with a malfunctioning elevator and a basement full of creepy dolls, and the realtor said (paraphrased) that those kinds of homes are a pain in the ass to sell because they're badly laid out, have terrible heating and cooling systems and a lot of code violations, and are usually owned by people holding on to the idea of being New York royalty who are convinced they're worth much more than they actually are. And I just thought yep, that's Sonja. Meanwhile, I'd bet money that Mr. Morgan is in a modern high rise.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 9

I am starting to like Bethanny again after that scene, Lord help me. The look on her face when all he screaming was going on and her taking sips of her drink cracked me up. Actually being caught in the middle of a screaming match is incredibly stressful.

• Love 6

Or Bethenny scripting Sonja's apology? 'Comma I apologize.'

The oddest thing is that Sonja is still beating the dead horse that was her divorce ten years later.

Or the 7 million for a movie that was never made. You understand Sonja that your seven million is the reason it wasn't made.

She needs therapy. Every year she needs it more. She obviously isn't listening to financial advisors in her life so I'm not sure she'll listen to a therapist but I am starting to worry about her.

• Love 4

I'll admit it, I like Bethenny, always have but I'm back to loving her after that talk with Sonja, she didn't belittle her and she didn't mock her. Bethenny simply laid it out for Sonja, how her chatter makes her sound to the outside world. The only thing this scene lacked for me was a quick glance at the other ladies while this conversation was going on. I'm wondering what the looks on their faces may have been.

• Love 7

It's so weird now, remembering that, at Scary Island, Sonja was the first one to recognize that Kelly was not well.

If only some of Beth's advice would get through to Sonja. I always worry about the daughter. Are her friends ridiculing her for having such a delusional mother?

• Love 7

It's so weird now, remembering that, at Scary Island, Sonja was the first one to recognize that Kelly was not well.

If only some of Beth's advice would get through to Sonja. I always worry about the daughter. Are her friends ridiculing her for having such a delusional mother?

I missed the "first look", so can't really talk about what was seen.

However, I always start the season feeling bad for Sonja and hoping she can get some clarity.

And always end the season rolling my eyes and hoping she gets help because she is delusional.

• Love 8
The ladies take a limo ride to Atlantic City to celebrate Ramona's birthday, her first without Mario. A lavish dinner, raucous gambling, dirty dancing and dramas surrounding Sonja are in the cards.
(edited)

I do feel terribly bad for Ramona, that Mario really played a number on her and her self esteem and for that she has my 100% sympathy.

With that being said I am going to need for Ramona to dial back the "first time without Mario" crapola. First time I come to a party without Mario, first birthday without Mario, first trip without Mario, ENOUGH.

Maybe because I always saw Ramona as such a strong person I expected better from her. I wanted to see her deal with this with dignity and her head heald up high. I hate that she is giving that douche bag Mario reasons every episode to feed his gargantuan ego by letting him know how much this has broken her spirit. Even if you are hurting Ramona, do not let that pathetic jerk know about it. he is the jerk who cheated on you and he deserves to be out of your life for good. Turn the page and focus on your single self. Mario will get his. Please, please, please stop with this grieving time on camera. Be strong and show him that you are better off without him

Completely agree.

While yes I feel for Ramona, she needs to stop feeding the ego of Mario.

Part of me is like wait, I thought you were a strong and independent woman who loved her nights out with girlfriends and belittled Alex for wanting to be with Simon all the time. And part of me knows it must be mad scary to start your life alone after your scumbag husband pulls the rug out from under you. I just don't want to see Ramona cry all season.

I know there is a difference between going out alone because you have to and you want to.

This season has me doing flip flops :)

Was scary Island Ramona's birthday?

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 9

Completely agree.

While yes I feel for Ramona, she needs to stop feeding the ego of Mario.

Part of me is like wait, I thought you were a strong and independent woman who loved her nights out with girlfriends and belittled Alex for wanting to be with Simon all the time. And part of me knows it must be mad scary to start your life alone after your scumbag husband pulls the rug out from under you. I just don't want to see Ramona cry all season.

I know there is a difference between going out alone because you have to and you want to.

This season has me doing flip flops :)

Was scary Island Ramona's birthday?

It was a trip to celebrate her "renewal.". She renewed her vows with Mario. They had a kind of stag party with obscene gifts at one point.

• Love 6

It was a trip to celebrate her "renewal.". She renewed her vows with Mario. They had a kind of stag party with obscene gifts at one point.

OK thanks, her renewal trip, that's right. Silly me I forgot.

I don't remember the stag party. I remember turtle time and Kelly/Bethany fight. And of course Jill showing up and Alex shaking like a leaf at the sound of Jill's voice. Lol.

• Love 2

OK thanks, her renewal trip, that's right. Silly me I forgot.

I don't remember the stag party. I remember turtle time and Kelly/Bethany fight. And of course Jill showing up and Alex shaking like a leaf at the sound of Jill's voice. Lol.

It was more like a low key bridal shower for both Ramona and Bethenny after Kelly left than a stag party. Alex gave them super fancy designer wrist restraints and Sonja had to show Ramona how to use them. It was really cute. 

• Love 4

It was more like a low key bridal shower for both Ramona and Bethenny after Kelly left than a stag party. Alex gave them super fancy designer wrist restraints and Sonja had to show Ramona how to use them. It was really cute.

Thanks you,

I don't know why I can't remember that part? Maybe I was traumatized after Kelly's break down.

• Love 2

Remember at the last reunion when Sonja said P. Diddy was a guest on her yacht, and everyone rolled their eyes and reminded her she didn't have a yacht? Well Diddy was on WWHL last night and did his own version of rolling his eyes by saying that if anyone has a yacht - it's him...or something like that. Not that there was any doubt, but since we're on the subject of Sonja's delusions, I just thought I'd share.

• Love 13

Thanks you,

I don't know why I can't remember that part? Maybe I was traumatized after Kelly's break down.

The other ladies bought Ramona lingerie.  And the guys-- like Mario, Simon, I forget who else-- went and shot pool.  Mario took an obnoxious picture next to a woman who was shooting pool and said to send it to Ramona.  Ever the douche.  

• Love 4

The other ladies bought Ramona lingerie.  And the guys-- like Mario, Simon, I forget who else-- went and shot pool.  Mario took an obnoxious picture next to a woman who was shooting pool and said to send it to Ramona.  Ever the douche.  

I forgot that they cut to what the men were doing. Mario was a TOTAL douche. I did like the wedding dresses made of toilet paper though. I think if Kelly had stayed for that, she would have really gone ballistic because the women were once again paying attention to Bethenny. I don't know if you noticed, but the majority of the fights Kelly picked were when people were either praising or paying attention to Bethenny.She would have gone crazy if she had to actually watch the rest of the women celebrate Bethenny's upcoming marriage. 

• Love 4

These women are exhausting to watch and listen to!

Sonja is going to be another Kim Richards mixing pills and alcohol. And I doubt the pills she's taking are all vitamins. She's probably taking prescription meds.

I did enjoy seeing Atlantic City, a place I'll probably never get to see.

• Love 8

Bethenny's been a raging bronco the past few weeks but I am 100% here for her reality punch in Sonja's face.  TEAM B!!!!!!!!!!!!*

*only applies to RHONY season 7 episode 6

This is freaking funny!!! 

• Love 9