Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E12: Week 9 Results

• Start Topic

(edited)

Wow. I'm glad Rumer is safe, but this outcome isn't what I wanted (or expected) at all. Nastia had a great week and I actually wanted to see her freestyle with Derek/Sasha.

This feels so, so wrong.

Edited by dolewhip
  • Love 13
(edited)

What a weird, weird season.  I realize this show has always been a popularity contest, but generally departure order and dancing skill are at least loosely correlated.  Wow.

Edited by Rancide
  • Love 7
(edited)

Derek missing the finals 2 seasons in a row? How odd.

And yet next season there will be the same deja vu comments about how the show is clearly biased for him and in his pocket. 

I will say I'm surprised it was Nastia. When Rumer was put in jeopardy along with Nastia and Noah, I definitely thought it would be her. I actually thought so just before the episode started because I realized that she went first in the Final 4 and the last few seasons, the person who has gone first was eliminated the next night - Bethany last season, James before her and Bill the season before that. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6

I'm very happy that Rumer is in the final, but there's no way that Nastia should've been eliminated over Noah. She deserved to be in the final along with Riker and Rumer.

• Love 16
(edited)
Ummm, WTF? While I'm thrilled that Rumer made it, I'm just baffled by what I just witnessed.  And I type this as someone who loathes Derek with the passion of a thousand suns, but there is no way that Noah should have been in the finals over Nastia.  Hell, he shouldn't have been there over Willow, Robert or even that dull bachelor.

CO-SIGN!

I will say this as a PROUD DEREK HATER!   

Nastia got screwed.

The finals should be Rumer, Riker and Nastia.  Noah is an inspiration. He's an amazing person, but doesn't belong in the Finals. And that proposal stunt bought him more votes. All day long on social media, Erin was blown a ration of shit for seeming to roll her eyes during last night's on air proposal. She may not have, but I sure did!

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 17

So, I've never watched this show before but for some reason I started watching this season and I got hooked. So I don't know if it's always this preposterous. I mean, I don't even understand how a man who didn't dance is in the finals? All he ever did was stand still or maybe walk around. That is dancing? Is everyone high? How in the world could anyone think he danced better than Nastia? It's seriously absurd.

• Love 12

Well, that was certainly bullshit.

Aside from Patti's I don't even know what style dance to In Da Club, I haven't really cared for any of the dances this season. I guess I didn't really care about last night's, but my not-caring wasn't nearly as great as normal. But Nastia going home is crap. I've wanted Noah and Riker gone for many many weeks now, so it's Rumer all the way for me.

• Love 3

I know lots are saying the fix is in for a Val win but I may be alone on the grassy knoll thinking that if there's any "fix" (and that's a big IF), it's more because Derek isn't quite healed enough to go all out for the finale/freestyle, and so it was better to eliminate them than have him not be able to dance in the finals.

But I think most will agree Nastia should be there over Noah. Still can't believe Sharna missed the finals with Charlie who could've had an awesome freestyle and gets there with Noah.

• Love 16
(edited)

I think if there was any fix, it was to get Noah into the final. The outrage vs inspiration argument is going to cause huge buzz all week.

But I think most will agree Nastia should be there over Noah. Still can't believe Sharna missed the finals with Charlie who could've had an awesome freestyle and gets there with Noah.

This part - 100% agreement.

Edited by Barbara Manatee
  • Love 5

Did they say if the last two was the bottom two? It looked to me like both couples thought they were the ones going home, based on their faces and what they said tonight.

Really thought Nastia would be at least second, if not the winner. Damn. :( I even voted for her last night, first time all season. I wish she had come on another season when time wasn't so limited with her partner and extenuating circumstances, but she was still by far the best technical dancer this season, and I was so hoping to see their freestyle.

• Love 3
(edited)

Ross Lynch... really, Show?

There are absolutely no other, non Hough, disney / slash/ABC people you could trot out?

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 9
(edited)

Welp, I'm out. Nastia was the only person that even interested to me.

I guess I'm hoping that Rumer wins the whole thing, even if that means we have to hear the constant cheers from the Family. Which is sad, because I like Val when he's not wrapped up in the weirdness that is the Family.

I can't get behind a Noah win, however inspiring he is. (Though he would steal the "worst dancer to win" title from either Donny Osmond or Kelly Monaco.)

And I will not, ever, be okay with frantic, non-ballroom Allison winning and giving TPTB the impression that bringing her into the show was a good idea. (Sorry Riker, you're collateral damage.) I'd rather Noah win than her.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 8

I think...top scorers to miss the T3:

Nastia/Derek 91.5%

Bethany/Derek 90.75% 

Charlie/Sharna 90%

Sabrina/Mark 90%

*All-Stars inflated season

Gilles/Peta 92%

Apolo/Karina 91%

Sabrina/Louis 90.3%

I know lots are saying the fix is in for a Val win but I may be alone on the grassy knoll thinking that if there's any "fix" (and that's a big IF), it's more because Derek isn't quite healed enough to go all out for the finale/freestyle, and so it was better to eliminate them than have him not be able to dance in the finals.

If that is the case, and it may well be, it is highly unfair to Nastia.   As much as I get annoyed by all the machinations around Derek Hough, I really feel Nastia took it all on the chin. 

• Love 6

While I am in no way surprised Noah's in the finals, I can definitely understand people's reaction to it. Thing is, with Amy, you can't really say her making the finals was very unfair to anyone else. Yeah Charlie got shafted but honestly you could say Candace was the one who outstayed her welcome that season. The Final 4 was Meryl, Amy, James and Candace and I honestly thought Amy was better than Candace and pretty well matched with James so I had no issue with her making it to the end. But that is not the case with Noah - there is no way Noah should have outlasted Nastia. But hey, that's this show.

• Love 7
(edited)

The actual fuck?

I loathe Golden Boy, but adore Nastia. This is DWTS's Pia Toscano moment. Nastia deserved no less than final 2. Her two dances were the best of last night and some of the best in the past few years.

Nastia, you danced like a champion. Work that bitch face tonight, girl. You've earned it. You got royally screwed in a popularity contest, but at least you don't have to pretend to be a bubbly bimbo full of puppies and rainbows anymore. You're a Russian version of Betty Draper - a cold-steel assassin/competitor with all the fire and talent and drive in the world. I'm pissed on your behalf.

Still stoked Rumer is in the finals. Yes, I want my Val win, deal with it.

I can't say Riker didn't earn his spot, but I just can't deal with the Hough connection. They really should just put the family name in the show title. And I actually love Allison as a dancer. She's totally committed to every move. I don't mind her s****** ways and strange doll faces.

Oh Noah. Great guy, overjoyed for his engagement, but he simply didn't deserve to make the finals over who was left.

I might actually be inclined to drop the Derek conspiracy theories after this farce of a result - I'm just sad it came at the expense of my darling Nastia.

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 14

I injured my neck shaking my head so much tonight. No Sharna, these aren't four of the best in the show's history because what you have are three great dancers and your partner, who walks back and forth while you dance around him and receive perfect 10's for it. If Noah had been scored correctly, this wouldn't have happened. There's no way he should have received scores anywhere close to the scores he did, and he never should have received 10's.

What else happened? Oh  yeah, I don't believe for a second that Rumer was ever in danger.

None of those live performances were necessary. Show, you can bring on all the teen idols, rappers and booty shaking choreography you want, but you'll never hang with the cool kids, so stop.

• Love 9
(edited)

The results are so wrong, it would take flow charts to explain it.

While I'm glad that Riker and Rumer are in the finals, I would like to have seen Nastia, too.

Edited by Fliz
  • Love 10

Ummm, WTF? While I'm thrilled that Rumer made it, I'm just baffled by what I just witnessed.  And I type this as someone who loathes Derek with the passion of a thousand suns, but there is no way that Noah should have been in the finals over Nastia.  Hell, he shouldn't have been there over Willow, Robert or even that dull bachelor.

Shark?  Jumped.  Thoroughly.

The shark imo was jumped when Marie Osmond made the finals in season 5 and when Bristol Pallin got there in season 11. 

• Love 6
(edited)

This did not surprise me.  Noah will be in F2 and possibly win.  On the bright side, that may be the end of casing the physically challenged.  sigh

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

As soon as Noah got on bended knee I knew someone was getting screwed out of the finals....I thought it was between Riker & Rumer. I want good dancing in the finals. I'm super annoyed that the ploy for votes worked. This show....I swear.

• Love 11

Derek missing the finals 2 seasons in a row? How odd.

Will TPTB get their wish of a Val win?

I'm sorry, but where is this coming from? Len made one comment in the first episode and it was never said again. If they're pimping Rumer for a win, then they're doing a pretty bad job considering she isn't the leader and came close to missing the finals. The one being pimped over everyone is Noah.

• Love 16

I was so ready to not watch the final if Rumer and Val left ( so happy dance there) but even as a non Derek fan I really felt sorry for Natasia . If Noah "had" to make the finals, then Riker should have been the one to go IMO. Rumer for the win!

• Love 5

Fuck this, THIS is a grassy knoll.  No way was 'Murica was going to boot Noah tonight after the proposal.  And despite my lukewarm feelings to Derek, Natsia deserved better. 

If this wasn't Len's final bow next week, I would not be watching at all.  Because what's the point?

• Love 5

That was a damn shame. The judges a r e a lot to blame for this. They scored Noah on inspiration rather than actual dance content from the beginning. By the time Disney week rolled around and everyone could clearly see that Noah had gone as far as he could go technique-wise, the judges were pretty much stuck and couldn't bring out the lower paddles. And by then it probably wouldn't have mattered because 'Merica was on the phone, internet, and Facebook voting for Noah in droves.

• Love 16

So, I've never watched this show before but for some reason I started watching this season and I got hooked. So I don't know if it's always this preposterous. 

Yes. No. Most of the time -- just not where voting is concerned. The final two are usually predicted weeks before the semi-finals. No one could have anticipated Noah getting into the finals because, well, he isn't really a star, had no discernible fanbase before the show began, and also who the hell proposes on Dancing with the Stars? Truly, IMO Nastia's elimination is unprecedented. The only other elimination that shocked me as much was Brandy's. 

• Love 4

As soon as Noah got on bended knee I knew someone was getting screwed out of the finals....I thought it was between Riker & Rumer. I want good dancing in the finals. I'm super annoyed that the ploy for votes worked. This show....I swear.

Yep -- me too.   I didn't think Rumor was in Jeopardy and I thought Derek's fanbase would continue to rabidly vote for their injured star, so I thought Riker was out.  Which was okay with me.  I think he's a bit too s****** and I don't like his partner at all.  New week, I'm thinking Rumor (and her super-hot Dad better be there (and maybe Demi can get less hipster bi-focals?))but who knows.

• Love 3

So I finally got my mom to watch the show with me this year. She begrudgingly began to enjoy it, until a few weeks ago when Willow left.

As soon as the result was announced, she flipped the channel and said, "Don't ask me to watch that show again. I didn't sign up to get pandered to. That's not a dance contest, it's a pity party."

I couldn't really argue with her, but now I'm stuck watching the finale alone (except for all you fine virtual people, of course).

• Love 18

I have no words to express how disgusted I am by this results show.  Nastia has from day one been a gorgeous dancer.  Yes, her connection to Derek was often missing, but technically she was always beautiful.  Last night she had two truly spectacular dances.  And Noah knocks her out of the competition with his stupid proposal for votes.  I'm glad Rumer made it - I was really nervous.  But it should not have been at Nastia's expense.  At least my focus is now crystal clear.  I do not want Noah to win - he shouldn't even be in the finals.  And I definitely don't want Allison to win.  I like Riker well enough but he could have been so much better with a decent pro.  So while I've always liked Rumer, she now has no competition for my votes. 

• Love 8

I thought that Nastia was incredibly gracious after being eliminated by acknowledging Len and thanking him for the magical dance moment with him last night.  It's absurd to think that she is not in the finals.  I've really enjoyed her dancing especially since Derek's injury.  She danced with much more joy with Sasha.  And I loved how excited and pumped Sasha was whenever they received their scores. 

I, too, wondered if TPTB eliminated Derek and Nastia because Derek's injury would prevent him from dancing "all out" in the finale and doing a freestyle.  If so, that sucks for Nastia and also for Sasha. 

I had a feeling that Nastia might be eliminated when Erin was talking to the pro's at the beginning of the show and asking them why they thought their partner should win.  Sharma, Val and Allison all went on and on about their celebrity, but Derek's answer was less about Nastia and more about "no matter who wins tonight, they are all champions".

I also did not appreciate Val's comment (critique) about Derek and Nastia that they were so perfect it made them uninteresting.  I thought that was harsh and not really a critique of her dancing. 

• Love 3

I knew it.  I had a feeling the entire day.  I wanted Val and Rumer out of there, but I knew that wasn't going to happen.  I don't have that kind of luck.  So, Noah's in and I can see him winning this thing.  He's got to have one more manipulation trick to pull out, right?  Promise the wedding on the show?  I don't know.

I heard that Val was just an ass tonight.  Basically saying that Nastia is "uninteresting" and his dramatic collapse to the floor after the results.  Too bad they're pretty much going to hand him the mirror ball next week.

Derek really shouldn't come back to this show because (and I'm sure he knows this, too) he's never going to win again.  So, I don't know why he keeps coming back.  To keep going out at 4th?

That means I'm officially done with this season.  They're probably going to go into pimp overload next week to make sure that Val gets that gold mirror ball.  I am not going to watch that.  I am not going to watch his coronation.

• Love 1