Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E22: Cry Havoc

As well, Bitsie Tulloch posted on her Facebook page about the move back to 9.00 PM next season and she wrote it was a "good news". If she would not be there next season, why bother?

Because her boyfriend is the star of the show and she still wishes for it's success even if she is off the show?

• Love 12
The thing that popped into my mind was Jean Grey as Phoenix asking Cyclops to kill her before going right back into twisted sister mode.

Are you referring to the comics or to XMen: The Last Stand? If it's the movie wasn't it Wolverine that she asked to kill her?

(edited)

OMG! They did it! Finally, I can watch again, hell yeah!

Or at least, that's what I thought after seeing the TVLine post-mortem article where they basically say "died, dead, dead sooo dead, Red Wedding-like dead". Of course, in my enthusiasm, I forgot that writers and producers are often lying liars who lie. 

I was out of the loop for two years aside from floating rumors lately -I bailed out just before the S2 finale- and watched my first episode in two years, so many, many things escaped me. But anyway.

NOOOOO: same here, Nick. 

Complete WTF:

Adalind is nice and pregnant with Nick, after she had a Star Child of the Maybe Evil Kind (did she have a twin Hexenboy who died, too?) who she actually, genuinely seem to want/love. Er...okay. 

Juliette is evil, well, was evil and a Hexenbiest and burned down the trailer -although at first I thought she was mind-controlled because blank stare. The unsurprising part of it: She was the best Hexenbiest evah or something like this.  

Hell yeah, but WTF

Sean seems 100% with the good guys, it seems. And was possessed by Jack the Ripper.

Wu knows! Wu's part of the gang! 

I don't know who Trubel is, but she is my new favorite character...she isn't a regular? WTF!

The Royals are still around but no mention of the keys in the finale? I thought it was the central mystery. Maybe it was solved *has to check recaps over the summer if the producers aren't lying liars who lie in this particular case*.

I really, really enjoyed watching Nick, Hank (he took down one, Rosalee (my favorite!) and Monroe (they're still together, drinking wine, hell yeah!) the captain, Wu, and I would love to be a regular viewer again. Which I will be, if Juliette is really dead and they don't pull a doppelganger out of their hats.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 1
(edited)

See! I'm not going to get my hopes up. If she survives I hope like hell Nick doesn't take her back after the crap she put all of them through. And no "it wasn't really me!!"

I'm dreading a cop out of some kind, I'll just wait until I get my confirmation before watching, if it happens, I'll get my answer.  It's better that this is my ending in case that happens.

Edited by Free
  • Love 1

The Royals are still around but no mention of the keys in the finale? I thought it was the central mystery. Maybe it was solved *has to check recaps over the summer if the producers aren't lying liars who lie in this particular case*.

Nope. After telling fans at SDCC last year that The Keys were going to be explained, they appeared 0 times this season.  They would rather give us a craptastic character assassination than come up with what the keys actually do, what the Biggest McGuffin actually does ( the most destructive what? Trebuchet?), and  maybe a hunt that leads to tying up that plot.

Shallow alert: Drew Wu is hot with a shotgun and a righteous angry face.  I will see myself out.

• Love 8

Nope. After telling fans at SDCC last year that The Keys were going to be explained, they appeared 0 times this season.  They would rather give us a craptastic character assassination than come up with what the keys actually do, what the Biggest McGuffin actually does ( the most destructive what? Trebuchet?), and  maybe a hunt that leads to tying up that plot.

They probably haven't figured that out, they're making things up on the fly.

• Love 1

Anyone here an old Roswell fan? Wasn't there a scene/arc where a character died but came back in another character's body? I think it was Max. I'm thinking that if Claire Coffee needs shortened hours as part of an extended maternity leave, and since here character and Juliette have already done body swaps, it could happen again. I'm leaving the details to others.

(edited)

Just when Julliette gets interesting. God forbid Nick has an interesting girlfriend. Is it me or has Adalind gotten weirdly boring since the oops baby? (Because we all know she is going to be the new girlfriend). Maybe that a Grimm superpower...just saying.

Edited by Chaos Theory

Anyone here an old Roswell fan? Wasn't there a scene/arc where a character died but came back in another character's body? I think it was Max. I'm thinking that if Claire Coffee needs shortened hours as part of an extended maternity leave, and since here character and Juliette have already done body swaps, it could happen again. I'm leaving the details to others.

I hope not because it's already terribly done with the dumb body swap that started this whole awful storyline to begin with.

• Love 3

The keys and the coins were both left out of this season's doings. I think Kelly had them. So it remains a mystery where she put them.

I was another one who thought maybe Kelly wasn't really dead, that it was someone else, and the head was a decoy. I thought maybe Diana wasn't Diana, either, til she started doing her floaty magic and building her Better Castle, and then doing the eye thing and skull image in the helicopter.

So do Meisner and Adalind stay in Portland, keeping house? And Diana lives with them part time, and with Sean part time? And Sean's mom moves to town to be an interfering Grandma, now that the King and his death-sentencing wife are dead? And Adalind's new kid also lives with her, Diana, and Meisner, but shares custody with Nick half the time? Is next season going to be all about wacky co-parenting and family hi-jinks? If they bring back actual fairy tale re-writes and model it on Season 1, maybe I can get over the existence of kiddie drama. There are plenty of fairy tale ways to weave that into the story.

I just really hope they're doing a major reset, because if this show doesn't turn a corner, I'm not going to keep giving it my time.

A move to 9pm seems to say it's NOT going to just be the children's fun and games with step-parents hour, so that's promising. I just don't want more of the weak crap they've been giving us this year.

• Love 2

I'm really hoping Truble is a regular next season. After the ending it looks like she may be getting story arc of her own. Also with the King dead maybe we'll get some closure on the keys and Renard's mother can come out of hiding.

• Love 2

I just really hope they're doing a major reset, because if this show doesn't turn a corner, I'm not going to keep giving it my time.

A move to 9pm seems to say it's NOT going to just be the children's fun and games with step-parents hour, so that's promising. I just don't want more of the weak crap they've been giving us this year.

Exactly, if they want this to be a darker turn for the series, then there can be no more cop outs like there have been in the past, it would go against that and the Hamlet quote they had in the opening of this episode, a Shakespearean tragedy, as well as the ominous quote from the last episode as well.

...So do Meisner and Adalind stay in Portland, keeping house? And Diana lives with them part time, and with Sean part time? And Sean's mom moves to town to be an interfering Grandma, now that the King and his death-sentencing wife are dead? And Adalind's new kid also lives with her, Diana, and Meisner, but shares custody with Nick half the time? Is next season going to be all about wacky co-parenting and family hi-jinks?...

Hee! Sounds good. Maybe we can get a Modern Family crossover event with Gloria channeling Adams Family Morticia.

Now I'm worried that Juliet isn't dead. Please, please be dead.

I forgot Meisner's name, but I was so happy when he turned out to be the pilot. I may have cheered/clapped. Followed by more cheering when Juliet was (please please please) killed.

Deeply relieved that Bud is OK. Wu too, as I started to worry about him midway through the episode. 

Season MVP for me was Bree Turner. Rosalie had some amazing expressions in so many episodes. 

• Love 8

I just finished watching and haven' read any of the comments, but here are my initial thoughts:

• Did Juliette actually die?  I thought the last we saw of her she was still alive in Nick's arms.  Sorry, but DG and BT just got a house in PDX, so I doubt the character is gone.  Sorry, folks.  
  • Hey, it's Meisner!  
  • Cheap shot bringing the FBI chick in at the last minute.  My husband, who saw every episode of the first half of the season had no clue who she was or what she wanted, and I'm sure he wasn't the only one.  Frankly, there is no limit to the number of fucks I don't give about that story line.
  • Phew...at least Bud and Wu are alive....
  • And Meisner is back...yay!  Now, HE would be a good match (romantically) for Adalind (on other boards, there are some pretty rabid fans shipping Nick and Adalind).
  • I was kind of amazed that they actually took the time to tie up the Jack the Ripper story line.  I mean, it was cliched and convenient, but they so rarely clean up these deaths that it was still a nice change of pace.
  • So, the one thing that just bugged me about the final scene, and I'll admit that I analyze things far too much, but why didn't Trubel initially go home with Nick?  I mean, if she were going to stay anywhere, it would have been with Nick, so.....
  • Too bad Claire Coffee was a little distracted tonight to watch this  (don't know if it has been posted yet, but https://instagram.com/p/2uEPlHGyN8/?taken-by=clairecoffee)
  • Did I mention that Meisner was back?  Honestly, that was the only true surprise of the night for me....
  • Bitsie Tulloch was especially Stepford Wife-ish tonight.  I've tried to give her acting the benefit of the doubt, but tonight was just painful.
  • So, I wonder what all those cops who helped to arrest Kenneth are wondering when Wu never showed up at the precinct or jail or whatever with him. 
  • I didn't realize until tonight how much I missed Meisner.
  • I can't say I was ever a big Trubel fan, but I do think the character was more solid in these last 2 episodes than she was in the 10 other ones she appeared in.  I'm not sure if I want her as a regular character (too many Grimms....), but I was impressed.
  • If Juliette didn't die, then the 2 deaths we were promised were Kenneth and the bodyguard guy WHOSE NAME I DON'T KNOW!  I mean, how many episodes has he been in and how many of you can give me his name (without looking it up).
  • I really felt like this episode was just rushed...I wish they had either made this a two part thing or made it 2 hours.
  • Meisner is back!  

All in all, I didn't think it was a good episode.  It was better than most of the episodes the last half of this season, but that really isn't saying much at all.  On the flip side, they did set up at least 2 story lines for next season (the FBI Wesen lady after Trubel and Meisner and Diana---and, sorry folks, but I really think we're going to have a Juliette redemption arc coming up next season).  Now, the trick will be having the writers actually follow up on these story lines and not mess everything up.  THAT might be too much to ask.

that was the FBI lady that tried to recruit Trubel back in the day. I'm guessing she's with the resistance and arranged for Meisner to be on the Helicopter.

I think that would require too much thinking from the writers.  I think Meisner and the FBI lady are two separate story lines.

Generally, bleeding from the mouth means one is most sincerely dead. I don't think anyone in the Scooby gang is going to be racing to the shop to find a potion to undo Juliette's death.

Well, except for this:  What was Renard doing the very last time we saw him in Season 3?  

Bleeding from his mouth.

• Love 3

So, was I the only one who saw Damien Puckler's name in the opening credits and did a little happy dance? Then I spent 55 minutes wondering WTH - Where IS he? When is he going to save Diana? But his smile, and her smile , and the death of King Perv were, like someone else said , "worth the price of admission".

There was just so much great stuff in this show. And to second your comment Actionmage, yes, Indiana Drew Wu was hot tonight.

And Monroe going badass Blutbad...oh how I missed you, Monroe!

And speaking of badasses, Trubel has returned. She finds out that a woman she cared about is now a crazy Hexenbitch and she asks Nick , "what do we do if we find Juliette?" And he says "kill her", and by gum , she did just that! And I was ready for her to say something like "sorry, Nick, but it was better me than you." (Because it had to be done, and she spared Nick having to be the one to do it)

• Love 4
(edited)

If Juliette didn't die, then the 2 deaths we were promised were Kenneth and the bodyguard guy WHOSE NAME I DON'T KNOW!  I mean, how many episodes has he been in and how many of you can give me his name (without looking it up).

Awful as neither of them were major characters.

sorry folks, but I really think we're going to have a Juliette redemption arc coming up next season).  Now, the trick will be having the writers actually follow up on these story lines and not mess everything up.  THAT might be too much to ask.

With the way they messed up her dark Arc, it certainly won't be especially trying to force a redemption on her.  All they accomplished was making her even more insufferable.

Did Juliette actually die?  I thought the last we saw of her she was still alive in Nick's arms.  Sorry, but DG and BT just got a house in PDX, so I doubt the character is gone.  Sorry, folks.

Well, that makes every cliffhanger in this series completely pointless then, at least it'll be easier for me to drop and pretend it ended here if it does.

Edited by Free
  • Love 1

Okay, this just popped into my head.

The King is dead.

Erik is dead

Kenneth is dead

Viktor is no longer on the writer's radar.

Does that mean Renard is now the King?

• Love 11

Ding Dong the Hexenbitch is dead! (Well, one of them is anyway...)

I just wish that Rosalee had been the one who killed her.

••She HAS to be dead- she was shot in the chest- blood was coming out of her mouth. I saw the tweet about the show moving back to 9:00 next season. She posted a pic of Nick and one of her, Monroe, & Rosalee. I don't think this means that she'll be back, I think it means that she loves the show and the actors and will continue to support it.

••I was thinking back and this whole Juliette gone dark side thing went very fast. It's hard to believe that when we started the Season, Nick wasn't even a Grimm!

••How adorable was Diana?? Well, minus the red eyes!

••Was so glad to see Trubel but got REALLY nervous when she got that call. I forgot all about that FBI bitch or whoever she is.... I figured we'd get some kind of cliffhanger, I'm just glad it involved Trubel. That means she'll be back next season.

••I was thrilled to see Kenneth die bloody! I'm also thrilled that they framed him for the Ripper murders. They couldn't while he was alive- they had a witness.

••I still really hate Adalind. This was all her fault! She was all horrified when she found out about Kelly but she would've done the same damn thing to get that kid back. She's been the biggest pain in the ass for Nick and Juliette since the very beginning. I really hope that kid isn't Nicks. IF it is, and he has anything to do with that evil bitch and her evil baby, season 5 may be my last. Well, there's a good chance that season 5 will be the last for the show period.

• Love 2

I gotta say, the MVP of these last two episodes has been Trubel. She is awesome.

Juliette is dead. I feel for her fans but I am just soo happy to see her go.

Meisner is back and he rescued Diana. Hopefully, he reunites Adalind and her daughter soon. 

• Love 3

Okay, this just popped into my head.

The King is dead.

Erik is dead

Kenneth is dead

Viktor is no longer on the writer's radar.

Does that mean Renard is now the King?

I guess if everyone else is gone, not like the Royals did much to begin with.  They meandered for 4 seasons as generic baddies spouting nonsense that went nowhere until the drawn out baby plot kicked in and then when it finally happened in this episode they all get killed off.

• Love 2
Bitsie Tulloch was especially Stepford Wife-ish tonight.  I've tried to give her acting the benefit of the doubt, but tonight was just painful.

It's especially hard in ensemble shows like this where one actor is so much better than another that the bad acting really stands out. Rosalee is so much better at showing emotion subtly than Juliette.

If Juliette didn't die, then the 2 deaths we were promised were Kenneth and the bodyguard guy WHOSE NAME I DON'T KNOW!  I mean, how many episodes has he been in and how many of you can give me his name (without looking it up).

One of the deaths would be the king wouldn't it?

Generally, bleeding from the mouth means one is most sincerely dead. I don't think anyone in the Scooby gang is going to be racing to the shop to find a potion to undo Juliette's death.

If the Captain could survive all his gunshots, I'm sure Juliette could survive an arrow. If she does, I'm out.

Did Juliette actually die?  I thought the last we saw of her she was still alive in Nick's arms.  Sorry, but DG and BT just got a house in PDX, so I doubt the character is gone.  Sorry, folks.

Maybe they were being preemptive and writing her off the show before the inevitable breakup causes the actors awkwardness on set? (wish, wish)

• Love 4

I can't believe they actually killed Juliet.

So I'm watching the Grimm finale and it's half over and I'm annoyed they've spent so much time showing people driving around in cars and a stupid fistfight between Nick and someone I don't care about and I came to say ho-hum, and ^^THIS^^ is the second post.  Ha!!!  That'll larn me.

• Love 3
(edited)

The FBI lady was a terrible cliffhanger.  I had no idea who she was.  At least I couldn't remember her purpose in earlier episodes.  

I hate to be "that guy", but killing people in front of the little kid and she's happy about it?  Maybe she's just way more advanced than we realize.  Even the king made some remark about her size.  They still didn't explain Hexenbiest growth spurts.  

If Juliette is dead, I will gladly tune in next season.  If she's resurrected, I'm out.  DB and BT getting a house might just mean she likes to hang around.  If they live together, they live together.  

I imagine Meisner?  Was the the helecopter pilot?  Meisner knows the kid very well.  I can see he and Adelind together.  

That would be some spinoff by the way - 'My sister the Hexenbiest'.  Can a Hexenbiest and a Grimm live together without driving each other crazy.  Then the siblings wander Portland fighting crime.   Seeing flashbacks of how the kids deal with each other growing up might be an added bonus.  I doubt Adelind will have another girl, but I think the sister dynamic might be more interesting.

By the way - unless I missed it.  Not one "Oh my god! They killed Kenny!"  From anyone?  

I'll say it.   "Oh my god! They killed Kenny!"

Edited by CommanderCody
  • Love 7

One of the deaths would be the king wouldn't it?

Yes.  I was so agog with Meisner that I forgot that the king took a swim.

So, we were told there 3 character deaths.  We know 100% for sure that the following characters are dead:

Kenneth

the Billy Zane look alike whose name no one can remember

the King

That would be 3 deaths, without counting Juliette. Of course, none of these are part of the "regular" cast, but I'm still pretty skeptical that Juliette is actually dead.

That would be some spinoff by the way - 'My sister the Hexenbiest'.  Can a Hexenbiest and a Grimm live together without driving each other crazy.  Then the siblings wander Portland fighting crime.   Seeing flashbacks of how the kids deal with each other growing up might be an added bonus.  I doubt Adelind will have another girl, but I think the sister dynamic might be more interesting.  

Adalind said that the baby she is currently carrying is a boy.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yes.  I was so agog with Meisner that I forgot that the king took a swim.

So, we were told there 3 character deaths.  We know 100% for sure that the following characters are dead:

Kenneth

the Billy Zane look alike whose name no one can remember

the King

That would be 3 deaths, without counting Juliette. Of course, none of these are part of the "regular" cast, but I'm still pretty skeptical that Juliette is actually dead.

Wait that guy counts?  Oh well, I guess so, but none of them are major characters but it wouldn't be a surprise as they've been copping out left and right.

If Juliette is dead, I will gladly tune in next season.  If she's resurrected, I'm out.  DB and BT getting a house might just mean she likes to hang around.

That's me too, I'll stick to just spoilers just in case because I don't want to watch another season of that nonsense storyline that they dragged along this season.

Edited by Free
  • Love 1

I thought the season finale was very good.

The attack on the mansion was cool. Nice to see everyone get involved, especially Wu. They FINALLY FINALLY appeared to end the dragged out Royals storyline. With the King dead, hopefully we move on to other more interesting storylines. Nick was pretty badass taking down Kenneth like that, talk about street justice!

As a finale, some things were wrapped up a little too well like the Jack the Ripper plot. But it looks like the whole HexenJuliette plot is finally over with thankfully. Also what the hell Juliette? The writers wanted us to feel sorry for her with her saying how she didn't know how far it would go with Kelly's death, and immediately turns it around by having her viciously attack him. NONE of the writing when it comes to her makes ANY sense. It NEVER did.

I just knew that Nick didn't have it in him choke the life out of her, you have a very crappy villain and hero relationship if the hero is unable to harm the villain but the villain gets to kick his ass whenever she wants. It was pretty clever how they ended it though. Go Trubel!

Is Juliette really dead? Who knows. Renard was shot 20 times in the previous season finale, and he still made it out alive the next season. If they DO bring her back next season, hopefully they just drop the HexenJuliette storyline by turning her back into human or something. They must have noticed all the negative reactions to it right?

Also the ending? What the hell? Talk about random. Who is the "she" that the FBI lady wants, Trubel or Juliette? I have no clue what direction the writers want to take the show next season.

• Love 2
(edited)

But it looks like the whole HexenJuliette plot is finally over with thankfully. Also what the hell Juliette? The writers wanted us to feel sorry for her with her saying how she didn't know how far it would go with Kelly's death, and immediately turns it around by having her viciously attack him. NONE of the writing when it comes to her makes ANY sense. It NEVER did.

And this is exactly why it never worked, it only made things worse and the character herself even more insufferable.

Edited by Free
  • Love 2

Is Juliette really dead? Who knows. Renard was shot 20 times in the previous season finale, and he still made it out alive the next season. If they DO bring her back next season, hopefully they just drop the HexenJuliette storyline by turning her back into human or something. They must have noticed all the negative reactions to it right?

If you watch the season end interview with Bitsie Tulloch (it's on You Tube), she says something along the lines of "Being a hexenbiest was such a great experience."  Was.  Past tense.  This means that either she is well and truly dead or she is no longer a hexenbiest.  I guess time will tell.  I wouldn't put it past the writing team to have Elizabeth and her double headed snake show up out of the blue.  I don't think they (TPTB) have the guts to kill Juliette, but they've written themselves into a corner.  I mean, they SHOULD kill off Juliette--I just don't think they will.

• Love 1

Nick killing Kenny in such brutal fashion was something I didn't know I wanted until it happened. It really showed what Nick can be as a Grimm when motivated. There is gonna be a lot of bearded, angry, drunk, gives no crap Nick next season. The obvious thing to pull him out is his kid with Adalind. Maybe not as soon as it's born but it will be a turning point for him.

Honestly, until the pool of blood started spreading I thought he might have very meticulously severed Kenny's spine but left him alive, which would have been even colder. Still,  I absolutely love that they allowed Nick to go stone cold revenge killing over Kelly's death.

As well, Bitsie Tulloch posted on her Facebook page about the move back to 9.00 PM next season and she wrote it was a "good news". If she would not be there next season, why bother?

Could she and David possibly be starting a family together? If so, everyone would be happy. Well, except Juliet fans, I guess.

I don't think they (TPTB) have the guts to kill Juliette, but they've written themselves into a corner.  I mean, they SHOULD kill off Juliette--I just don't think they will.

I know, especially with these writers.  The finale so far had just about everything I wanted but coming from them, it seems to good to be true, so I'll need confirmation.

Another couple things I forgot to put in my initial thoughts.

• Nick is a terrible actor.  I'm not talking about David Giuntoli, but Nick.  That scene when he responds as a cop to Adalind "finding" the head in her closet was painfully funny.
  • Sorry, but there is no house like that castle out in North Plains.  And my husband was very disappointed to find out the address was fake. Yes, he had me google it.
  • I did find it interesting that North Plains is out of the jurisdiction of the PDX PD (which it is), but they had episodes in the past where they were investigating crimes in Forest Grove, which is the town BEYOND North Plains.  The Portland PD in the Grimmiverse has a very interesting jurisdiction.
  • I think we can kiss any hope we had of figuring out what was up with the keys goodbye.  Unless they introduce MORE royals (which, let's face it, is an unfortunate possibility), there is no one left who cares about them.  Except the audience.

Did you see the look on Trubel's face after she arrowed Juliette? While Juliette and Nick were crying... Trubel didn't even care and I don't blame her. I get that Nick is all broke up about Juliette but it DID look like Juliette was going to murder him.

• Love 2
(edited)

There was a moment when Juliet showed up at the house and kind of apologized about his mom and let him choke her (but of course he couldn't kill her and refused to fight her anymore) where I was seriously afraid that they were going to reveal  she had been working undercover with the resistance to make sure Diana was safe (and maybe that it wasn’t a real head in the box) and I was SOOOOOO incredibly disappointed in this show for copping out only for Juliet flip a switch and go back to full on evil and when Trubel shot her I literally shouted YES YES and did a fist pump. 

I never do fist pumps. 

Between the Diana twist and the final scene with Juliet, I am a very happy viewer.  The satisfaction I feel in her death is crazy given I only started hating her since the burning of the trailer.  I can’t imagine the joy those that never liked her are feeling.  Not saying it was a natural progression of character for Juliet or that the premise to get here made sense  but killing Juliette was the story TPTB apparently wanted to tell and they succeed in making me want it and want it baaaad. 

Exactly! They put the Siegbartes Gift in the darts that she was shot with right? I'm betting that something off the wall will happen like the poison killing the Hexenbiest in her but saving Juliette.

My "I have watched too much TV in my life" instincts are saying she is dead dead.  If she was dead til proven otherwise, I think they would have let Nick kill her (adds to the angst but gets absolved when she's not dead and gives them a place to start forgiving each other)  Instead we have her let him strangle her but it's revealed he can't kill her and what's more, he's done fighting her.  He's pretty much ready to die and Juliet has no remorse in killing him, cue Trubel. 

If Juliet wasn't dead dead the show likely would have cut to the FBI outside immediately after we see the bolts hit Juliet, maybe a cry from Nick, but instead, the show takes a moment to let Nick morn her and  cry out her name to the universe with a No, No, NO! while cradling her as she gasps and jerks, says his name like her old self  at which point the sad music of mourning starts to play as Trubel looks on sympathetic, but resolute and then Juliet does one final big jerk, blood runs out of her mouth, two more little gasps and then goes silent and still -but with her eyes open. 

She's dead. 

Renard didn't get a loved one holding him or sad tinkly music or a last gasp.  This show could always  pull a twist later and bring her back for a series finale so Nick can have a happyish ending, but if so it will be a retcon.  Everything in the writing in the last few episodes has been screaming, there is no redemption, she has to die and her death scene didn't leave me with any doubts and like I said, until the burning of Auntie's trailer, I was rooting for Juliet.  I still don't have a problem with any of her acting and I liked them as a couple but nope, Juliet is dead. 

The way Trubel reacted when Bud asked about Josh made me suspect that maybe she is working with FBI lady, that was the voice on her phone, and FBI lady is maybe using Josh as a hostage to force Trubel's cooperation.

The crossbow bolts may or may not kill the Hexenbiest, with FBI lady somehow having technology to save Juliette, or they want to save Juliette to study her somehow. That's about the only way I can see that they'd be able to keep Juliette on the show. Has there been any word about whether she is, in fact, gone?

Trubel didn't know about Juliet so the FBI lady does not either.  They are after Trubel IMO even if she is somehow working for or with FBI lady.

Who while I didn't remember she was FBI lady, I did remember she was lady that was looking to use Trubel for her own purposes.  Will need flashbacks to fill in the details beyond that. 

And then there's the neighbors too.  It was quite a massacre on that block.

Someone upthread wondered why Nick went back to the house.  I figured it was to get Kelly's head.  It's the only thing he has that can be buried.  And also leaving it there would be wrong on so many levels - decomp being tops for me.

I guess the massacre on the block could account for Juliet's death too. 

I'm thinking that Juliette helped strap Diana in, but never got on the helicopter. Maybe she told King Fred  that she was going to end Nick, but it was Offscreenville?

Yea, I suppose.  I know when the King was getting shoved out of the copter I was going, wait, but then where is Juliet??  I guess she agreed to take on one more job for his royal highness either that or she did it just for her own pleasure. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4

Did you see the look on Trubel's face after she arrowed Juliette? While Juliette and Nick were crying... Trubel didn't even care and I don't blame her. I get that Nick is all broke up about Juliette but it DID look like Juliette was going to murder him.

Can't blame her, with the way both her character and storyline turned out, we're given no reason to care.

• Love 3
(edited)
I still really hate Adalind. This was all her fault! She was all horrified when she found out about Kelly but she would've done the same damn thing to get that kid back. She's been the biggest pain in the ass for Nick and Juliette since the very beginning. I really hope that kid isn't Nicks. 

It is funny how no one is mentioning this on the show. Then again, as far as we know, Juliette was drunk with power and everything she did after she became a hexenbiest is her own fault. Also, when left to her own devices, Adalind is all about causing trouble and doesn't necessarily go in for the kill. After her relationship with Renard ended she had a couple of chances to kill Nick (especially when she was Juliette and he was powerless) and didn't. She just likes to f*ck shit up.  Then again, she could be reacting to the fact that Juliette was Nick's girlfriend and she got his his mother killed.  That's a whole new kind of evil especially since she lost her own and that partially motivated her vengeance towards the group for a while.

Are you referring to the comics or to XMen: The Last Stand? If it's the movie wasn't it Wolverine that she asked to kill her?

As a 90s kid, X-Men the Animated Series Cartoon. ha! That movie was dreadful but yes, there it was Wolverine. Phoenix in the comics at least recognized she wasn't able to handle her own power and killed herself the first time. Of course that's something Juliette would never have done. Although I was kind of hoping in her "last" moments she would thank Trubel for doing the "deed." That way, if she wasn't dead or they brought her back we'd know she wasn't entirely in control of her own actions and couldn't help herself.

However, this episode once again gave us lots of moments to let us know - Juliette knew exactly what she was doing.

Edited by FiveByFive

The photo of Claire C and her newborn is adorable. Thanks for linking to it.

I've been thinking about how Rosalee stayed behind to protect Bud and Adalind-- and they didn't give her any weapons, did they? But still, it seemed totally credible that she might be a smart and fierce enough person to do the job.

• Love 5
(edited)

Ok..a couple of questions.

1. How did Kenny wind up with Wu? I thought he was arrested with a whole bunch of police looking on. Won't they noticed that their suspect never showed up to be booked? And I thought they were arresting him as a tie in to the ripper murders so I was confused as to why Nick wanted to kill him alone in a warehouse. They finally did make it look like he was the ripper killer, but I don't know how they will explain how he ended up being arrested and then dead in a warehouse.

2. How did Juliette get off the helicopter to go back to Nick's? Was she surprised when the king went flying out the door? Was she in on it? Why wasn't NIck surprised when he saw her? I mean the last he saw her she was flying away in a helicopter. I know I was surprised. Any reason why she didn't mention the king was dead to Nick?

And until I read some of the posts here, I had no idea who the lady was at the end and what she was doing.

I need cliff's notes for this show.

Edited by bookrat
  • Love 3

She better be dead, & I mean permanently. I'm going to be really pissed if next season starts with Juliette not dying or they find a way to bring her back & then the whole season is devoted to redeeming her. I can't believe Nick really didn't figure out that Juliette set everything up, I'm so disappointed about that.

I did not see Meisner coming back, or that they King would be killed, but I was glad about both. 

• Love 1

Meissner is back!  Yay!  And Prince Kenny is dead (and can take the heat off Renard)!  Double yay!

I was actually kind of bored for a lot of it.  I was expecting so much nonstop! shocking! action! that it let me down in that regard.

I still want to know why Diana didn't use her purple eyes, levitation, and whatever other powers she's supposed to have (premonition, maybe?) to protect Kelly, but whatever.

Nick is a wimp IMO for not knocking Juliette's head off into next week.  I get that he is grieving for the person Juliette used to be, but the vindictive murderer that is standing in front of him now needed to be taken care of in Grimm fashion to protect others, even if he wouldn't do it to protect himself.  Son, I am disappoint.  Thank goodness for Theresa.  Am kind of worried, though, that there will be some kind of resurrection that will bring Juliette back to her previous self or something.  And what is going on with that FBI woman.  What "her" is she referring to?

• Love 1

What was with Juliette's blank, creepy stare?  It was like she was mentally putting together her shopping list or wondering if she left the oven on.  Was she trying to decide on some sort of facial expression? I didn't notice the woodenness like the rest of you did, but she looked like a piece of petrified wood tonight.  She was standing there just looking vacant. 

I wonder who is really calling the shots on this show.  The producers? Notes from the network?  Someone is going to take some heat if she isn't dead.  This is a very small group of voices here, but pretty much every comment I've read, outside of this place, reflects what's been written here.  I haven't come across an "I'm sad she's dead" post yet.  I'm sure they exist.  I just haven't read one yet.  Most of them have been jubilation that she's dead.  

Juliette has been a pointless character since the beginning.  In three seasons, Rosalee and Monroe met, moved in together, got engaged, and got married.  Nick bought a ring in season one, but I do not remember him ever proposing.  This is how enthralled I was about them being a couple.  Did NIck ever propose?  

• Love 3

Juliette has been a pointless character since the beginning.  In three seasons, Rosalee and Monroe met, moved in together, got engaged, and got married.  Nick bought a ring in season one, but I do not remember him ever proposing.  This is how enthralled I was about them being a couple.  Did NIck ever propose?  

I think he might have halfheartedly tried to at some point?  Maybe?  But Juliette has always sort of pooh-poohed it any time Nick even tries to take that engagement ring out of whatever dank, dark drawer it's stashed in, as far as I recall.  She's got more enthusiasm for making an appointment to get her teeth cleaned.  Maybe the writers are afraid that they will make Nick more boring if they marry him off so they felt they had to make Juliette lukewarm on marriage.  But she often seems cold toward Nick, angry at him for things that aren't his fault, etc, and this Hexenbiest debacle is a perfect example of that writ large.  If she were really dead, it would be so awesome!  We could maybe get out of that annoying cycle of the writers coming up with a new thing every season for Juliette to be mad at Nick about.

• Love 3
(edited)

Loved that Trubel shot Juliette

(after reading that article above, I am sadly unable to say Trubel killed Juliette with 100% certainty)

. Someone needed to take her down and despite Nick telling everyone to kill Juliette earlier, he couldn't do it. Trubel doing it removed a huge amount of responsibility from Nick (even though I think that he will always feel at least partly responsible for her becoming a hexenbeist). Was any part of her sincere when she seemed remorseful about Kelly being dead? I noticed she never actually apologized but she did seem surprised last week when they killed Kelly. Did she really think that the royals were just going to take Diana and let Kelly skip off?

Complete WTF:

Adalind is nice and pregnant with Nick, after she had a Star Child of the Maybe Evil Kind (did she have a twin Hexenboy who died, too?) who she actually, genuinely seem to want/love. Er...okay.

I am chalking up Adaline's temporary niceness (or lack of active shit stirring lately) to being pregnant with Nick's baby, kind of like Darla feeling Connor's soul on Angel.

Edited by stacey
spoiler tag
  • Love 6
(edited)

Loved that Trubel shot Juliette

(after reading that article above, I am sadly unable to say Trubel killed Juliette with 100% certainty)

Ugh. Just ugh.

I've got a bad feeling after reading that article as well. If the FBI lady is referring to Juliette when she says "Get her," that all but guarantees Juliette is still alive. 'Cause what would they need with a corpse? They're probably going to take her, heal her, lock her up and do experiments on her, torture her or use her as a government assassin or something. Nick and his gang, now having forgiven Juliette all her past sins, will have to raid Quantico to rescue her. She will be her old self again and everyone will be reunited in a happy ever after kind of way.

And I just made myself a little sick by typing all that.

Those writers need to man up over the summer and finish what they started.

Edited by stacey
spoiler tags
  • Love 3