Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Snatch Game

• Start Topic

I'm rooting for it to be Trixie.

As good as Max was in previous episodes, but she had no one to blame but herself for her disastrous performance in this one.

Edited by Blakeston
  • Love 3

I thought that was one of the funniest Snatch games.  Maybe I was just in a good mood today.  But I kept cracking up.

OMG!  I love Michel'Le!  

Oh, Max.  You're extremely irritating.  Hopefully, you'll grow out of it.

This episode was far better than it had a right to be, given the entire season.

• Love 3

Not a whole lot of that made much sense to me except Ginger (partially) winning.

I lurked on reddit a bit. They were outraged Pearl didn't win. And I guess a few of them have died because Pearl makes such cute faces. Remind me not to do that next week.

• Love 5

If Ru wants to know who she sent home too soon, look to tonight's elimination!! No way should Max be gone already!

How many times is Miss Fame going to hit the bottom three without having to LSFYL?! I'm kind of over her.

Violet's Alyssa Edwards was the best thing she has done all season. At this point, I'm actually beginning to hope she does make Top Three.

When Adele and Little Richard are the stars of Snatch Game, that tells you how far we've fallen. They were good, but there have been non winning queens from previous seasons who performed far, far better.

• Love 3

My DVR cut off the end -- did Ru say which queens she was thinking about bringing back?

All of them.

The current Nancy Drew scoop is that all of the eliminated queens will be paired with a remaning one for the Siamese Twin challenge and the one on the winning team will stay.

I'm off to make popcorn to munch while I watch the Pearl and Violet stans elsewhere continue their melt down. Apparently Ginger and Kennedy were not remotely funny and the glam girls "slayed" (and were robbed). Sorry, but shaking balloon breasts and perfecting the Alyssa tongue pop are not grounds for a win. Kennedy had the judges in hysterics and Ginger's Adele was like a tiny little absurdist play. If I quibble with Ru's decision, it would be not ranking Katya over Kennedy - I thought hers was killer as well.

Edited by SteveAC10
  • Love 5

This season just depresses me. It is the first time that I neither have a favorite nor care who wins. Ginger and Katya were fine tonight, but Kennedy does nothing for me. Meh. That's about as much enthusiasm as I can muster. Oh, and please don't bring back Kandy Ho.

Edited by rlc
  • Love 6

I liked Fame's moment with Katya, where they talked about sobriety and things were intense and real. the Snatch game just wasn't anything special. I couldn't watch the marathon of past Snatch games, but I wonder how tonight's would have seemed if I had been able to watch prior games. If the game had been all of the queens eliminated this season I wonder if it would have been better. I don't know. I also don't have any favorites this season, and I don't care who wins. I sort of disliked some, like Violet, at first but I've warmed up to her. I guess I'm sort of sorry to see Max go, but I didn't want Jaidynn to go. But I don't really feel strongly about any of them.

• Love 1

All of them.

The current Nancy Drew scoop is that all of the eliminated queens will be paired with a remaning one for the Siamese Twin challenge and the one on the winning team will stay.

I'm off to make popcorn to munch while I watch the Pearl and Violet stans elsewhere continue their melt down. Apparently Ginger and Kennedy were not remotely funny and the glam girls "slayed" (and were robbed). Sorry, but shaking balloon breasts and perfecting the Alyssa tongue pop are not grounds for a win. Kennedy had the judges in hysterics and Ginger's Adele was like a tiny little absurdist play. If I quibble with Ru's decision, it would be not ranking Katya over Kennedy - I thought hers was killer as well.

I think Ru got the wins right this week, but Pearl, to me, finished out the top half of the Snatch Game. The "I didn't watch Batman and Robin, I had a rough childhood, all right" line cracked me up. 

This episode was one of the better ones in this truly mediocre season (I'm still not sure if its mediocrity is a result of the queens, the editing failing to make the judge's decisions make any sense or highlight the queens' personality, or the nature of the challenges....most likely a combination of the three.) This wasn't as good as the Snatch Games in Seasons 4-6, but Kennedy, Ginger, and Katya were great. This is the second time Kennedy has actually impressed me, the first being the Roast. Max deserved to go home, both for an understated lip-sync and the fuckery during the runway critique. 

• Love 1

Violet's Alyssa Edwards was the best thing she has done all season. At this point, I'm actually beginning to hope she does make Top Three.

I hope Violet sticks around just for her talking heads.  She looks so pained, like Mr. Roper dealing with one of Jack Tripper's shenanigans.

• Love 8
When Adele and Little Richard are the stars of Snatch Game, that tells you how far we've fallen.

Seriously.  It's not like it's a mystery that the show is going to do Snatch Game.  They've all had since the very second they found out they were selected this season to come up with a routine for Snatch Game.  And this is what they came up with?

Two queens doing other queens.  Wow, that's creative.  What a stretch.  Two queens ripping off parodies SNL has already run into the ground  (one admittedly not terribly-- Suze Orman-- the other very, very, very badly-- Donatella). 

It's not like they just found out about Snatch Game and only had a few hours.  Ginger obviously prepared in advance.  God help me, but Pearl seemed like she at least had a plan in place.  And Kennedy had one weird, dated concept, but also obviously had a real idea about how she was gonna make that funny, which she did.

But many of our queens, as they have all season, seem so lazy it's a wonder they're even bothering to zip up their gowns when they walk out on stage.

• Love 3

Actually, I believe that was all speculation, purely based on the fact that they were supposed to "pair up" despite there being an uneven number of queens. Now that we know someone is coming back, there's probably just going to be one.

I thought Ginger was hysterical, but I wasn't feeling Kennedy at all - then again, I'm not too familiar with Little Richard. Katya and Pearl were both great, Violet was passable, Jaidynn and Miss Fame were bad, and Max clearly has no idea who Sharon Needles is. I love Max, and she's immensely talented, but this was the right choice.

I'm thoroughly convinced that Trixie is coming back next week. There were many past contestants openly criticizing the show for her elimination, which I haven't really seen happen before. I'm sure they're allowed to do so, but I don't think most of them would unless prompted.

Edited by Xazeal

I didn't find Ginger funny, I found  it annoying and  cliche  to make the bigger size celebrity pigging out on food,  the whole time during snatch game. It's been done to death and it's not funny.

• Love 3

Max reminded me of this older boy at school who did Marilyn Manson as Willy Wonka for a play one year. He thought he was the business, and everyone else was howling inside with second hand embarrassment.

So beat it Wonka. I know she's great in a lot of ways, I just couldn't get past the stagey facial expressions or the pretentious Brit... ish accent.

Edited by taicraven
  • Love 3

I do not understand people like Kennedy coming on this show and NOT having at least one celebrity already chosen for Snatch Game. That's as bad as people who go on The Amazing Race and can't drive a stick shift or chefs who go on Hell's Kitchen and can't cook risotto or scallops. You KNOW you will be asked to do this so it is moronic not to prepare accordingly.

• Love 4

I'll miss Max. She was different. Have no clue WTF was up with her runway corset breakdown and sudden fit of singing but I still like her even though her Sharon Needles was one of the THE worst Snatch Game impersonations I've ever seen.

I'm meh on Kennedy but damn if her Little Richard didn't make me laugh. To me Little Richard is not male or female, he just IS and what he is to me is a flamboyant person that cracks. me. up. And Katya's Suze Orman was a trip too, hee! I'm not sure why Ginger was awarded the co-win with Kennedy, I've seen various Adele interviews both from here and in the UK and there are times when (depending on the interviewer and what they're talking about) she pokes fun at herself, various bloopers, mistakes and embarrassing situations from the past and present, etc that I would have liked to have seen Ginger adopt as well.

As much as I like Fame her Donatella was HORRID, just a tad worse than Violet's Alyssa Edwards. I suppose Pearl's Big Ang was...ok? I don't even know, I just know about that woman from The Soup occasionally showing her (and now I'm thinking of her on the cover of Chain Smoking Walrus magazine, lol).

I am so hoping that Trixie will return for a second chance but if it's up to Michelle (and isn't is usually?) she'll bring back a glamour queen. (eye roll)

• Love 1

I do not understand people like Kennedy coming on this show and NOT having at least one celebrity already chosen for Snatch Game. That's as bad as people who go on The Amazing Race and can't drive a stick shift or chefs who go on Hell's Kitchen and can't cook risotto or scallops. You KNOW you will be asked to do this so it is moronic not to prepare accordingly.

I'm pretty sure they have to have a Snatch Game character in store when they audition. Max wanted to do Miranda Sings but was apparently told that he couldn't (fictional character and all, same reason Bianca couldn't do Dora I think) and Trixie was told before filming that she couldn't do Anne Frank as she had originally planned. Kennedy probably planned to do Little Richard all along.

But I do think they should always have a good backup in store. It seemed like Kennedy was dead set on Little Richard even though it was risky as hell. Knowing the judges' aversion to boy-drag, I would've switched the second Ru warned me.

• Love 1

Actually, I believe that was all speculation, purely based on the fact that they were supposed to "pair up" despite there being an uneven number of queens. Now that we know someone is coming back, there's probably just going to be one.

I thought Ginger was hysterical, but I wasn't feeling Kennedy at all - then again, I'm not too familiar with Little Richard. Katya and Pearl were both great, Violet was passable, Jaidynn and Miss Fame were bad, and Max clearly has no idea who Sharon Needles is. I love Max, and she's immensely talented, but this was the right choice.

I'm thoroughly convinced that Trixie is coming back next week. There were many past contestants openly criticizing the show for her elimination, which I haven't really seen happen before. I'm sure they're allowed to do so, but I don't think most of them would unless prompted.

I was all set to be like "but this season was already in the can by the time the past contestants were complaining", and then I got to your line "...unless they were prompted."

Good call. I do hope Trixie comes back either way.

I haven't seen this episode yet so I can't comment on their performances but I am totally bummed Max was eliminated!  Boo =(

But I must say I do NOT like this bring a queen back business.  If they must do it, bring Max back.  I've always felt part of this competition is who can withstand the most pressure with lack of sleep, stress, etc.  A returning queen (like Trixie) has had time to rest, sleep in, collect her thoughts, etc.  NOT FAIR to another queen busting their ass and being stressed out and here she waltzes in fully rested and missed out on a handful of previous challenges with an opportunity to win?!  Don't get me wrong I like Trixie but if I was a contestant on this show I would be HELLA PISSED!

• Love 1

My take on the Snatch Game was

I actually loved Kennedy's Little Richard.  I was very apprehensive at first because she was doing a man on a gameshow called SNATCHgame.  I did like that even though she was shaken by the response she got for this choice, she went with it and was very good and very funny

I also liked Ginger's Adele which was also very good and she kept in character both with her demeanor and her accent.  She was also quite funny

I also just LOVED Pearl's Big Ang which was dead on (seriously) and even had her mannerisms down to an art!

VH1+Big+Ang+Party+iC3eaRCkEIhl.jpg

Violet's Alyssa was physically dead on but all she did with the character was the mouth pop. 

Miss Fame's Donatella was an epic fail IMO

I kinda liked Katya's Suse Orman as she had her dead on.  However, I did not find her very funny

I also did not find Fierce's Raven very funny either.  Just too much of a cliche' to me.

The all time worse SGame persona of all of the seasons was Max's Sharon Needles.  She had the face painted for the gawds but no substance at all.  It was obvious she had only seen pictures of Sharon and wore earmuffs when Sharon spoke.  She did not know what on earth to do with the character at all.

As for their runway, I loved just about everything they showed.  I really liked Katya, Pearl, Kennedy and Ms Fame the most but Max's was just busted.  She was the right one to send home.  Plus she was just plain weird with the corset incident.

I would love Trixie or Mrs Kasha Davis to come back.

• Love 2

Just watched Untucked for this ep online. I could watch Katya slinging Ginger's leg over that railing and their interactions all day long, lol.

Ya know, I totally forgot to mention Jaidynn's Raven-Symone. Totally forgettable.

Oh dear.

Well, as much as I love Max I can see why she was in the bottom two (what a shame to have your ‘character’ so wonderfully realized visually but so completely wrong otherwise) even though I don’t think she was out-lip synched at all by Jaiden. Apparently, Max has been tweeting that that ole RPDR queen’s worstest enemy ‘EDITING’ was at play last night. She says, more or less, that she thought she wasn’t being filmed when she sat down during the runway and that Ru asked her to sing when she was sitting there. At any rate, Max is not pleased. Again, love you Max, but … c’mon (not that she shouldn't necessarily be upset but thinking they stopped filming).

I don’t know who ‘Big Ang’ is but Pearl completely threw herself into the character and tried to be funny and that’s what you are supposed to do in Snatch Game. I mean, one of the queens I’ve most disliked in RPDR herstory was Roxxy but, I thought she did the same thing on her Snatch Game as Tamar (who at that time I didn’t know either).  Oh, speaking of Tamar, please have her back as a judge anytime. She was fab!

So, Kennedy AND Ginger co-winning?  If nothing else, that alone would make this the worst Snatch Game ever.

• Love 3

Max had a bad day.  I keep coming back to how apparently pearl, fame, violet, jaidynn, are all allowed to have bad days and still be safe.  but not max.  one bad day, despite being a superlative performer, she's out.  it's bullshit.  Fame should have been LSFYL against Jaidynn.  Ugh.  I can only hope Max is the one who returns.

• Love 5

Max had a bad day.  I keep coming back to how apparently pearl, fame, violet, jaidynn, are all allowed to have bad days and still be safe.  but not max.  one bad day, despite being a superlative performer, she's out.  it's bullshit.  Fame should have been LSFYL against Jaidynn.  Ugh.  I can only hope Max is the one who returns.

Alas, Michelle has had it in for Max as she did for Ben last year. Once Visage is against you, your days are numbered.

• Love 3

I definitely agree that Ru has shown favoritism toward some of the contestants this season. But I don't recall Pearl, Fame, Violet or Jaidynn ever botching a main challenge the way that Max botched this one, and staying out of the bottom two.

Edited by Blakeston

I think it's another case of, "you can't bomb what you're good at".  Fame is famous for her face...If she's still around for the makeover challenge and bombs that, she will absolutely be in the bottom.

Max is the theater girl. She should be able to ace an acting challenge...I also think they didn't respond well to those shenanigans with her corset.

• Love 3

I liked this episode, but was so disappointed in most of the contestants. That said, I thought Ginger and Kennedy were hilarious; honorable mention to Katya. What really surprised me was the wonderful conversation between Katya and Miss Fame. Fame seemed incredibly intelligent during it - in contrast to how she has come off in other snippets of conversation on the Main Stage. I'd like to see much more of that Fame. As a Max supporter, I thought she had Sharon's look down to perfection; but the more important part is the personality and the quips. Alas, those were not supplied, and I did agree with Max sashaying away. Hoping for a Trixie Mattel return...but no one is really floating my boat this year at all.

• Love 2

I doubt we'll see Violet or Fame hit bottom 2 until they're ready to send them home because neither are good lipsynchers at all. And because this is totally all fake y'all, Miss Fame is of course going to go far(despite being around the worst or second worst in almost every challenge) because she's a Youtube celebrity and this show ain't throwing out it's one name contestant early. Even if she is a dud.

For all her claims of being a theatre queen, Max hasn't been that great at the prior acting challenges either. She was more of a Milk than a Ben De La Creme. Ru totally sets queens up with her bottom two selections and song choices. That song, plus lip-syncing against Jadynn, was designed to send Max home. She had no chance. If they were interested in a toss-up, they would have put her against Fame. Her Sharon Needles was shockingly bad. She didn't act like her, sound like her, and wasn't even funny. Ben's downtown abbey impression was ridiculously off, but it was funny and she was committed. Max was like something out of a $1.50 Haunted House. 

I'm sorry, but if Big Ang is a valid Snatch Game choice, Little Richard is. The plastic to makeup ratio, if anything, is tilted in Little Richard's favor. And Kennedy was hilarious. She knew Ru would get it, if she knew Tamar was going to be there I'm sure she felt even more confident. Dese white gurls did not get it, sorry not sorry. I like her pep talks to Jadynn. 

Ginger was acting more like a Rebel Wilson character than Adele. I didn't like it that much, all her jokes feel super stale. Maybe it's her delivery? I know Bianca and Shangela stay telling jokes as old as Grandfather Time, but they still make me laugh.

• Love 3

Once Visage is against you, your days are numbered.

Except she's on record as saying Max is one of her favorite queens from this season. She was practically gushing in this AM's new Whatcha Packing.

Re: Snatch Game.

When they were getting ready I totally thought Katya was going to do Alaska. I was disappointed.

Thats-so-Raven was so bad. I also thought Donatella was terrible. No sense of humor and no Italian accent, and she didn't even have the look down (IMO).  I agree with comments above. Let's stop having the heavier female celebs eating through snatch game. It's unoriginal and not funny. That being said, I'm no fan of Ginger Minj (anymore), but her wit was much quicker than the others. As soon as Rue would ask her a question, she had a funny answer. I'm also okay with Kennedy's win. This is probably the only time I've found Kennedy tolerable.

I disagree with Rue and Michelle. Max not only had Sharon Needle's look down, but had the mannerisms as well. From facial expressions to the way she held her hands- I saw Needles. However, she wasn't funny at all and didn't have Sharon's personality or sense of humor. And Sharon is a pretty damn easy person to make fun of! I do think it was intentional, because as soon as Max said he was doing a Disney version of Sharon Needles, I knew it would bomb. And I'm thinking of the non-drag race edit of SN.

One of the things I did think was cool, was that you could tell that some of the queens had kept up with others. I assumed that Violet had watched Alyssa's Secret, and I could see Max watching Pure Camp. Okay maybe I'm crazy about  that last one. I thought it was nice of Rue to plug AS at least.

But seriously I think Max had a terrible idea that bombed for Snatch Game, but did a good runway (better than at least 4 others I can think of) and did not deserve to Lip Sync. Jaidyn Dior Fearce has been consistently... not near the top. And we can have Pearl win a lip synch just for the hell of it.

My only guess is that it was to create drama for this queen coming back thing.

Re: Runways.

Jaidynn's aesthetic is so busted to me. And not in an appealing way. And I love Katya, but what's up with the waist? Doesn't she have the Adore waist of last year? Why isn't Michelle telling her to cinch it? Everything is so off and on.

I thought a lot of painting missed the mark last night. Fame, Pearl, and Kennedy had make up that looked off to me. Most of them normally look okay, but there was something weird and mask-y.

When Katya confessed her addictions. I gasped*. Sober for a year and a half is newly sober, hun. You're sober for a year and a half and then go do this show? For that reason, I don't know how I feel about giving her a check. Let's not have another Sharon Needle's on our hands.

• Love 1

Violet continues to slay on the runway.  She really is an artist when it comes to her looks and it doesn't hurt that she's sexy as hell.  As Alyssa I thought she got a couple of good ones in. What is Alyssa's secret?  Violet:  I'm sitting on it.  That right there put her ahead of Max, Jaidyn and Miss Fame.

Pearl's coming out of her shell big time.  I love her snarky personality and facial expressions.  Her Big Ang was a good choice, someone with a big personality and personal attributes that are easily imitated.  

Max really sucked at the lip synch and Jaidyn was only marginally better.  They both could have been sent home but Max was worse and I think he looks like a man most of the time and especially last night.  Not feminine at all.  He was more feminine when he was Sharon than I've seen him all season.

I'd like to see Kandy come back.

• Love 1

My favorite part of Snatch Game is the interactions between contestants. Katya and Pearl did that and made me happy.

Is there some reference to Adele eating all the time that I'm not aware of? I reacted similarly to above posters that it came across as cliche fat shaming.

• Love 5

Loved the Katya/Fame convo. I deal with anxiety and can definitely imagine how that would be exacerbated in their setting.

Kennedy took a risk but it WORKED. Good on her for believing in it.

Ginger didn't do just fat jokes -- the line about her awards was hilarious.

Pearl was good. My only complaint is that Big Ang has a distinctively gravel voice that sounds like she's been smoking cartons of Newport daily since birth. But the look and quick replies were on point.

• Love 1

Who was Max referring to with the garbage bag comment in Untucked? That was shady! She ain't had nothing to say when with the group. I'm starting to think Kennedy was right in clocking her as phony. Whatever the case, I hope it comes up at the Ru-union.

• Love 1

Good grief, "Sharon Needles" and "Donatella Versace" were painful.

Especially since Miss Fame stated Donatella had been her Snatch Game pick since she started auditioning for RPDR.  In all that time she couldn't come up with one decent joke?  I think Fame has anxiety issues as well and can't think of things to say when under pressure.  Max bombed big time too.  It might have been a better choice to do Phi Phi O'Hara if you're going to do a drag queen.  Phi Phi  had a lot more memorable one liners in Season 4.

Who was Max referring to with the garbage bag comment in Untucked? That was shady! She ain't had nothing to say when with the group. I'm starting to think Kennedy was right in clocking her as phony. Whatever the case, I hope it comes up at the Ru-union.

I'm pretty sure she was talking about Jaidynn, and it dropped my opinion of Max a TON.

• Love 2