Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 03/16/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Mo 3/16: Nick Cannon, Grace Gealey, guest co-host Raven-Symone
Tu 3/17: Jason Biggs, Maggie Q, guest co-host Raven-Symone
We 3/18: Bryshere Y. Gray, Jussie Smollett, Becky Hammon, guest co-host Raven-Symone
Th 3/19: Emmy Rossum, Malik Yoba, guest co-hosts Raven-Symone & Caroline Rhea
Fr 3/20: Diane Lane, Tony Shalhoub, guest co-hosts Raven-Symone & James Monroe Iglehart

There is an interesting article about the View and all of the co-hosts from the beginning in the NY Times.  It's interesting that Barbara sold her half of the show to ABC three years ago...good timing on her part.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/13/style/the-view-tvs-most-dysfunctional-family.html?hpw&rref=fashion&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=well-region&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well&_r=0

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 1

Some observations/highlights from today's show that I watched "live".

• Nicolle's voice over-shrills everyone else -- a real conversation ender!
  • More pearls of wisdom from The Whoopster:  If you're not a comedian, don't try to do racially-charged jokes.
  • Whoops spoke to the camera about the article that impugned her.  LOL.
  • Whoops wasted everyone's time by having to examine why a picture (on the back wall) of a duck(?) had its boobs blacked out.
  • Kathy Griffin came on to explain her departure from Fashion Police.  Of course, The Whoopster had to "bless" her motives.
  • While interviewing Nick Cannon, Whoops started reading a question & stopped, saying to Raven, "that's your question.  Charming!!
  • Whoops closed the show with a scripted "Thank you for liking us!"

There you go Cosmo -- lots of fodder!!!

• Love 5

Raven was trying to be objective about the situation by looking at it as a whole. Instead of getting butt hurt and oh so offended right off the bat. I like her. She seems to be a critical thinker and realizes because she younger that sometimes there is much more to the joke or comments people make. To look at things from a younger perspective. Humor is raunchy and edgy. People need to not get so offended all the time. It's tiring. Use your rage panties for a real cause. 

• Love 3

Yes, GiveMeSpace, Raven was defending the guy who said Mrs. Obama looked like someone from the Planet of the Apes.  Raven said lots of people in her family look like animals.  How a black woman could ignore the racist comparison to a monkey is beyond me, especially when commenting on the wife of the President.

Rosie was the only one trying to make a serious statement when she said - a few times - that many members of the Hispanic community ignore their black backgrounds and are racist.  No one else picked up Rosie's intelligent comments.

• Love 13

All polls determining Obama's approval rating differ a little, naturally. But they are all at 46.8 up to 50% according to the first 5 or so I checked on.

Hardly 37% like Nicole said today. I don't know how ABC allows her to get away with that crap.

• Love 11

Count me among those who had no idea what Rosie's point was. But, then I admittedly don't understand her point most of the time. Also wasn't sure why Kathy Griffin was on. She seemed kind of defensive to me and, at one point, I thought she was about to trash Joan Rivers, which would have been disappointing. Seven weeks wasn't much of a trial period, but, then I never watched FP while Kathy was there. Maybe it seemed like a lifetime.

• Love 2

I think Kathy Griffin is very funny, but I was amused to see her being so meek and mild and not wanting to offend anyone, because she has been very brutal in the past making fun of celebrities. I think she just realized that no one could follow Joan Rivers, who could get away with almost anything. If Joan had said the comment about Kenyatta's (sp?) hair and patchouli and weed, no one would have made a big deal out of it. I think Kathy saw that critiquing clothes wasn't her thing and bailed out asap.

• Love 3

Raven was trying to be objective about the situation by looking at it as a whole. Instead of getting butt hurt and oh so offended right off the bat. I like her. She seems to be a critical thinker and realizes because she younger that sometimes there is much more to the joke or comments people make. To look at things from a younger perspective. Humor is raunchy and edgy. People need to not get so offended all the time. It's tiring. Use your rage panties for a real cause.

Given our long history of blacks being viewed as 3/5 human and closer to apes on the evolutionary chain than the oh so much more evolved Aryan/Nordic/WASPy set and how that disgusting worldview continues to inform race relations in 2015, I'm struggling to understand what could possibly be "edgy" or "humorous" about comparing Michelle Obama to a simian. Critical thinking must not mean what I think it means.

• Love 23

Have to agree that Raven saying lots of people look like animals is defending the racist remark, NOT ok.

Saying she herself looked like a bird...well its the Daniel Boone hair cut that looks like a bird not her. 

Had to laugh at Whoopi  saying she does not start fights only finishes them.  

She says outrageous shit no one engages with her but when she picks up the ball and runs with it then beats it till it's dead.                                                                                  

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 5

All polls determining Obama's approval rating differ a little, naturally. But they are all at 46.8 up to 50% according to the first 5 or so I checked on.

Hardly 37% like Nicole said today. I don't know how ABC allows her to get away with that crap.

Well, maybe they polled Fox News viewers?   No, 37 % would be too high.  

You can get a poll to say whatever you want, depending on how you ask the question, who asks it, and who you ask.  

ETA -  Ok I had to look it up.  gallup poll says Obama's approval rating is about 48%, and this is up since a few months ago.  

The Fox News poll http://www.foxnews.com/official-polls/index.html  has it at 42 % overall, 37% among independents, 10% for republicans, (surprise!) 

and 78% for democrats.   (GWB was lower during his last months in office, about 34%)

gallup has an interesting comparison between Obama and GWB, as the two most polarizing presidents http://www.gallup.com/poll/181490/obama-approval-ratings-historically-polarized.aspx?utm_source=position3&utm_medium=related&utm_campaign=tiles   Basically, Repubs hate Obama like Dems hated Bush.  And the country is more divided on those two than on any other presidents in history.

But really, polls are made by random phone calls, and they poll 1000 - 1500 people, and they're supposed to accurately reflect America.    I'm about 73% skeptical of results based on that. 

• Love 5

Whoopi talks big only when she is on her throne and the person isn't there to defend themselves. If that's how she "finishes" a fight, I think it's pretty cowardly.

Exactly!!  Bullies just start fights & flap their lips.  They don't have the stones to "finish" a fight!!  The Whoopster is drinking her own bath water & totally delusional.

• Love 12

What article was Whoopi talking about when she tried to defend herself as a "nice person."  Is it the one linked above from the NYTimes?

Yes it was.  In the second paragraph of the article:  "the family troublemaker (Whoopi Goldberg, always ready to pick a fight)".

FWIW, I don't think Whoopi is a nice person!!  She's a total Prima Donna & I'm sick of her attitude.

• Love 10

What article was Whoopi talking about when she tried to defend herself as a "nice person."  Is it the one linked above from the NYTimes?

I'm not sure of the exact article she referred to but I found it hilarious (and telling) when she pointed out her "handlers" who were in attendance there at the show today.  I've been wondering why there's very little negative press about Whoopi when there really should be TONS of it online and elsewhere. She is a big stah with a huge ego and now I understand why there was so much garbage released about RO, practically from the day she started her 2nd stint on the show. Whoopi's handlers got a head start and planted that stuff to the seedier tabs. 

• Love 10

Some observations/highlights from today's show that I watched "live".

• Nicolle's voice over-shrills everyone else -- a real conversation ender!
  • More pearls of wisdom from The Whoopster:  If you're not a comedian, don't try to do racially-charged jokes.
  • Whoops spoke to the camera about the article that impugned her.  LOL.
  • Whoops wasted everyone's time by having to examine why a picture (on the back wall) of a duck(?) had its boobs blacked out.
  • Kathy Griffin came on to explain her departure from Fashion Police.  Of course, The Whoopster had to "bless" her motives.
  • While interviewing Nick Cannon, Whoops started reading a question & stopped, saying to Raven, "that's your question.  Charming!!
  • Whoops closed the show with a scripted "Thank you for liking us!"

There you go Cosmo -- lots of fodder!!!

Well crap, now I'm going to have to watch today's  show, lol.   Thanks MedicineCrow!

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4
I think Kathy saw that critiquing clothes wasn't her thing and bailed out asap.

I watched the shows and thought she'd have been fine with complimenting/ridiculing/critiquing clothes.  It just got too "no holds barred," in my opinion.  Actually, Joan ruined the show for me.  She had so many "quick retorts" (provided by writer) that there wasn't much fashion.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 4

I think, that the only person whose face Whoopi wouldn't dare get into, or start a fight with is Bawawawaaaa. You'll recall how Whoopi wasn't such a bully when Bawawawa was on the show.

But now, she, Whoopi is Queen Bee and her word is the final. I really believe that she got jealous when in the season premiere, everyone was chanting "Rosie! Rosie! Rosie!" for Rosie O. because they, I'm sure were excited to see Rosie back, and no one Evah, from the years that I can recall, ever cheered "Whoopi! Whoopi!"

Well, that's my take on it, anywayz.  But what do I know?

And I totally agree with others that what Raven Symone said was not cool/right.

• Love 7

There is a long history of blacks being compared to apes and yes it is racist Raven. Seriously? I'm younger than Raven and I get this. Ugh. This isn't about being sensitive and jumping to call everything racist either. I find that implication insulting.

• Love 14

Well, maybe they polled Fox News viewers?   No, 37 % would be too high.  

You can get a poll to say whatever you want, depending on how you ask the question, who asks it, and who you ask.  

ETA -  Ok I had to look it up.  gallup poll says Obama's approval rating is about 48%, and this is up since a few months ago.  

The Fox News poll http://www.foxnews.com/official-polls/index.html  has it at 42 % overall, 37% among independents, 10% for republicans, (surprise!) 

and 78% for democrats.   (GWB was lower during his last months in office, about 34%)

gallup has an interesting comparison between Obama and GWB, as the two most polarizing presidents http://www.gallup.com/poll/181490/obama-approval-ratings-historically-polarized.aspx?utm_source=position3&utm_medium=related&utm_campaign=tiles   Basically, Repubs hate Obama like Dems hated Bush.  And the country is more divided on those two than on any other presidents in history.

But really, polls are made by random phone calls, and they poll 1000 - 1500 people, and they're supposed to accurately reflect America.    I'm about 73% skeptical of results based on that.

I understand why President Bush is so polarizing. He chose to go to war against Iraq and was not honest about the justification for that war. Unfortunately, the end result of this conflict, no matter how noble (or ignoble) Bush's cause, is an Iraqi nation in shambles, which the far right seems to believe President Obama should be able to clean up with a military broom and a bomb by yesterday. I like GWB, I find him personally charming, but the man is up to his elbows in blood. How Obama (a man who leans about as right as one can lean and still be a Democrat, IMO) came to be as polarizing as his predecessor baffles me.

On topic, I hate that Nicole has free reign to spew and spin unchecked.

• Love 13
Whoops spoke to the camera about the article that impugned her.  LOL.

Okay, this was my favorite part because I really enjoyed that NYT story [linked in the Media thread and I think upthread here] - it read like a good obituary for this show, citing the reasons it worked back when it actually worked.    Whoopi looking into the camera and saying, " Now,  Lady..." was ridiculous as was getting all butt-hurt over the implication that her role in the dysfunctional family that was/is The Spew is the one that's always looking for a fight - and then proceeds to pick a fight with the writer, lol.   She was pissed that the story addressed the old show and not the new Whoopi Goldberg Hour I guess.   

But the best part of her rant  was when she pointed to "the people that hired her" (none of which I'm sure really were responsible for that ill-fated decision eight years ago) asked them if they agreed with the remarks, and when they were embarrassed silent she declared, "Yeah.  They know which side their bread is buttered on!"  And that pretty much says it all to me.  It's also why now there is a WG cheering section at the co-host table every day. 

I didn't make it past Kathy Griffin (who has never looked better by the way) but I didn't really see the point - although I thought it was interesting to hear that Rancic's comment from a few weeks ago (the one where she got a lot heat for saying an actresses' dreads looked like they smelled like weed) wasn't even Rancic's own comment - some comedy writer wrote if for her. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 11

Well done Cosmo, well done!!!  I love it when you make a bonfire out of my kindling!!  I must say that, as much as I don't like that Rancic woman, I think she was a lamb/slaughter & felt bad for her.

"Yeah.  They know which side their bread is buttered on!"  And that pretty much says it all to me.  It's also why now there is a WG cheering section at the co-host table every day.

OMG, Who the hell would say this???  Only The Whoopster who thinks she has the world by the tail on a downhill pull.  Her bosses are complete idiots, not to mention Nicolle.

• Love 13

Really CosmoCrush and MedicineCrow.

Clearly WG's ego-t has gotten the best of her. 

Hence all the wonderful guests, topics, interviews she does. Oh wait...that was Rosie O. 

RO wanted to make the show relevant.

And perhaps WG in the past.......important guests of stature and her series of around NYC. But where is that now?

Zip now. Which probably is a reason she is such an asshole and can't stand she doesn't contribute much (or anything) now that she bullied Rosie off the show. And became the Queen to the co-host s and important staff kinda. That smiled and agreed with her proof that all was well. Let alone lecturing all of them and the viewers all the time while speaking directly in the camera and most of the time pointing her finger other than today.

I hope she realizes she is doing damage control. Although not in a good way.

Although I am not a fan of BW and I have been around for decades, BW never would appreciate this year. Anyone notice she had not appeared since RO left?

• Love 5

(the one where she got a lot heat for saying an actresses' dreads looked like they smelled like weed) wasn't even Rancic's own comment - some comedy writer wrote if for her. 

Zendaya.

I think that makes even more sense to me why KG and KO left the show, racism appears to be endemic to the environment.  G was just the unfortunate fall gal - but she's always struck me as a woman of little intellectual substance, really stupid of her to repeat that line.

Raven, I understand saving our rage undies for substantive issues, but come on... comparing FLOTUS to apes?

• Love 6

I continue to watch bits and pieces of the show, so I don't know why I was so shocked at yesterday's (Monday's) show. At first I was not looking at the screen at all, just listening. Well, I did see Whoopi "dance" out (trying to show us how young and spry she still is?) as I wanted to see who the panel of chuckle-clucks would be .... I heard Nicole SCREEEECH that she had a three year old TWICE.... I heard Rosie P screech that SHE WAS THE LATINA!!! several times. ... I learned that Raven is a very interesting gal .... I totally get the utter disrespect and suspicious racism in comparing the First Lady to any kind of ape, but I think she was saying out loud something she had thought about without really talking to other people about ... if that makes much sense. She MAY have been trying to say, can we get off some of this "petty" racist stuff? She may feel, as some young (and old) folks feel, that it is perhaps better to IGNORE the obvious distasteful nonsense and don't give such people the time of day.  Or a short and curt statement and move on. Stop giving the "bad behavior" attention. HOWEVER. One does NOT want to downplay the possible sheer racism and or ignorance or hatred that may be behind such opinions. Anyway. She will learn. "Cause Whoopi will school her, no doubt.

What's there to say about Whoopi????? She summed it up for us. SHE is the reason the bread is buttered. SHE is quite EGOT-istical one, isn't she?

Did she even have enough sense to be embarrassed by the total waste of time that duck breast was?? Did she have a clue that she was out in left field? I didn't think so.

• Love 9

See, the mistake the NY Times made was that they didn't have a comedian write the article, because a comedian can say whatever he wants about anyone he wants with impunity. Right, Whoops?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 19

gallup has an interesting comparison between Obama and GWB, as the two most polarizing presidents Basically, Repubs hate Obama like Dems hated Bush.  And the country is more divided on those two than on any other presidents in history.

Here is the thing though.  Democrats hate Bush for the things he did not simply because he exists.  Republicans hate Obama because he is here period.  It has been said many times that President Obama could cure cancer, bring about world peace and Republicans would still criticize him.

FWIW, I don't think Whoopi is a nice person!!  She's a total Prima Donna & I'm sick of her attitude.

I agree.  I don't think Whoopi is nice.  Oh she might be nice to her fellow movie stahs but a sincerely nice person?  No.  What bothers me about her is she has no humility.  When guests are on and they start talking her praises she always just sits there with this smug grin on her face like "Yeah I know I'm all that". 

On topic, I hate that Nicole has free reign to spew and spin unchecked.

She has taken over Elisabeth's role.  Sadly there is no Joy to counter balance her.

• Love 14

Yes, GiveMeSpace, Raven was defending the guy who said Mrs. Obama looked like someone from the Planet of the Apes.  Raven said lots of people in her family look like animals.  How a black woman could ignore the racist comparison to a monkey is beyond me, especially when commenting on the wife of the President.

Rosie was the only one trying to make a serious statement when she said - a few times - that many members of the Hispanic community ignore their black backgrounds and are racist.  No one else picked up Rosie's intelligent comments.

I loved the fact that Rosie bought up the hidden racism in latin communities..I wish that she had been given a chance to articulate her thoughts...Latin culture takes pride in their European heritage, but fail to celebrate their African and Native American roots....Africans who were bought as slaves in Latin countries contributed to Latin culture. The Spaniards and the Portuguese colonizers were the ones who created the slave trade and everybody else followed suit...

There is a movement now to bring cultural awareness of Black pride in Latin cultures; Afro-Latino....For example: Susana Baca, a singer, who is Peruvian of African descent brings cultural awareness of Black people in Peru to the world. She talks alot about their marginalization in Peru and it is endemic throughout South America, Central America and the Caribbean...She is a great singer and fabulous performer, I saw her performed in Central Park years ago and she bought down the house....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10

I notice they are no longer doing the "group hug" thing (RosieO's idea, so it had to be banned).  I'm not a group hug person, but I certainly thought it made more sense than kissy-kissy (often on both cheeks) by every guest to every panelist.  Insincere. Waste. Of. Time.  

• Love 6

Ugh. I forgot Jason Biggs was going to be on today. Guess I tune out after Hot Topics. Was trying to give this week a chance to see how Raven Simone did for 5 shows in a row.

Well, at least some people get it. The guy made a joke. The problem was that the joke was loooooong played out and not funny. It wasn't racist. Ya know that thousands of children are being slaughtered and are starving right? Oh yeah, but let's get out cat lady draws into a mess about a joke.

Shocker alert! Most of us manage to speak out against historically racist imagery while also supporting organizations like Oxfam or Doctors Without Borders or UNICEF. It's hardly an either/or proposition. As for all those fine young ladies and gents out there who find the Michelle Obama/Planet of the Apes comparison a real rib-tickler, I'm sure there's a fraternity/sorority mother ship ready to welcome them home.

What any of this has to do with "cat lady draws" escapes me, but then I'm a dog person.

• Love 14

I think Raven Simone is doing all right. I like that she seems to get under Whoopie's skin when she says stuff like she's offering a younger perspective. She sure beats that Christela chick. There are no words for how much I hate Jason Biggs.

• Love 6

Birds don't have the same nasty, historical denigration towards Black people as being compared to apes, Ms. Simone. And there are some things one doesn't joke about.

I really miss RosieO. I don't think she would have let that bogus 37% number slide without asking for Nicolle's source. In fact, I doubt Nicolle would have threw that out there if Rosie O was still there. Guess she knows the other hosts won't challenge her claims. 

• Love 14

I think Raven Simone is doing all right. I like that she seems to get under Whoopie's skin when she says stuff like she's offering a younger perspective. She sure beats that Christela chick. There are no words for how much I hate Jason Biggs.

How does Raven get under whoopie's skin? can somebody explain it to me? I am all for it, if she does that....lol whoopie needs a good foil for her stupidity...

i thought Raven made a good point today as someone speaking from a younger perspective.  Times change and we move on and we are supposed to let the past go but hold it the minute youth do then along comes the older crowd saying wait we must remember!?!  I thought Raven was pointing a finger at Whoopi like move off racism because WG for one keeps bringing it in.  So I waited for WG to challenge Raven but what does she do..agrees with her?  UM OK then.  

And poor Rosie....she tries she tries but today by the time she tried with yet another subject to try to make a point that drags on and on and on and on....I noticed Raven looked down and took a breath once then of course after what seemed to me like a considerable amount of time of Rosie speaking and I am still waiting for the point so someone steps in (likely to save her) and Rosie says "please let me finish" and she goes back into her never ending commentary.  WOW!  Then Rosie says oh we have to move on because the producer has been screaming into her ear to wrap it up pdq so she stops and then WG continues to talk about the same thing...they wanted Rosie to stop talking but today it was obvious.  

And note to WG please don't tweet me on this because...drum roll......I DON'T CARE!!

Maybe it was just me today....

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 4

I had to mute the TV when the obnoxious Jason Biggs was on. Remember his terrible tweet about Malaysian Airlines and various other stupid remarks? His wife is rude and crude too.

• Love 5
I had to mute the TV when the obnoxious Jason Biggs was on. Remember his terrible tweet about Malaysian Airlines and various other stupid remarks? His wife is rude and crude too.

There are no words for how much I hate Jason Biggs.

Every time I see Jason Biggs on some interview-type show I wonder who booked him?  Does he have a group of people (parents, agents, managers, etc.) who continue to make him think he's funny.  He's not!  Charming?  He's not!  Good actor?  Perhaps.  Cute?  Cute enough.  Please, keep him from trying to develop a sparkling personality.  It fell flat long ago.

• Love 1

If James Dalton were a moderator at PTV...

All you have to do is follow 3 simple rules:

One, never underestimate your opponent..expect the unexpected;
     Two, never start anything inside the forum; and
     Three...be nice.

If somebody gets in your face and calls you a c*********, I want you to be nice.

Report him and one of us will help you and we will both be nice...I want you to remember, that it's a forum, it's nothing personal.

What you may be thinking:  Being called a c********* isn't personal?
Answer:  No, it's two nouns combined to elicit a prescribed response.

Pretend, I’m James Dalton.

There are tons of stories as to why Kathy Griffin left FP.  One of the biggest going around was her supposed dislike for the guy commentator (can't remember his name) and that he wanted to be more funny than Kathy, and Kathy wanted to be the only funny one.  Also, I read that all this broohaha could spell the end of Guilianna Rancic.  I like FP, miss Joan, but any reincarnation of the show must NOT include Rancic.  She's been awful from the start and I can't stand her diva like attitude she's developed.

I swear if I hear Wallace say her kid's age again, I'm gonna throw something at the  TV.  She's totally obnoxious with her hyena laugh.

• Love 5
I like FP, miss Joan, but any reincarnation of the show must NOT include Rancic.  She's been awful from the start and I can't stand her diva like attitude she's developed.

KLovestoShop...I'm with ya!  I think she does have some sort of personality--but not one I enjoy.  What producer/exec thought she would look good on television? She gets more "super-stah" every year and we have to hear "who" SHE's wearing.  When I come across any show she's on, she's an absolute expert on everything. There are so many more appealing (intellectually, physically and personality-wise) females.  Why Giuliana?  

P.S.  I should praise her parents; they certainly did provide her with a lot of self-esteem.

• Love 5

Here is the thing though.  Democrats hate Bush for the things he did not simply because he exists.  Republicans hate Obama because he is here period.  It has been said many times that President Obama could cure cancer, bring about world peace and Republicans would still criticize him.

I agree.  I don't think Whoopi is nice.  Oh she might be nice to her fellow movie stahs but a sincerely nice person?  No.  What bothers me about her is she has no humility.  When guests are on and they start talking her praises she always just sits there with this smug grin on her face like "Yeah I know I'm all that". 

She has taken over Elisabeth's role.  Sadly there is no Joy to counter balance her.

I just do not believe that Democrats typically hated George W. I did not and my friends did not. We already liked his father pretty well (while never voting for him) so he came in with our hearts frustrated over the election but not really blaming him. Many of us weren't all that keen on Gore anyway. Then we felt supportive in the days following 9/11 partly because we are good Americans. And at first we were mostly uncertain about Iraq. It wasn't until close to the end of his Presidency that we saw have far awry he had taken some things. Then we were angered, outraged, even furious.

With President Obama so many of my Republican friends really did feel something close to hatred at the very beginning even before he was inaugurated.

I'm quite certain my views are not universally held, but they are held by many. Why is this never discussed on shows like The View.

• Love 11

I just do not believe that Democrats typically hated George W. I did not and my friends did not. We already liked his father pretty well (while never voting for him) so he came in with our hearts frustrated over the election but not really blaming him. Many of us weren't all that keen on Gore anyway. Then we felt supportive in the days following 9/11 partly because we are good Americans. And at first we were mostly uncertain about Iraq. It wasn't until close to the end of his Presidency that we saw have far awry he had taken some things. Then we were angered, outraged, even furious.

With President Obama so many of my Republican friends really did feel something close to hatred at the very beginning even before he was inaugurated.

Well said.  That has been my experience also.  I'm not sure we will ever get anyone on the panel who is "fair and balanced."

• Love 5