Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 03/16/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Y'all, Raven Symone is getting a LOT of Backlash over her comments. I've read no less than 4 articles (so far) that have been uploaded on Yahoo! alone.

Man, if only Whoopi would get the same kind of treatment for her antics and behavior and words...

• Love 8

i thought Raven made a good point today as someone speaking from a younger perspective.  Times change and we move on and we are supposed to let the past go but hold it the minute youth do then along comes the older crowd saying wait we must remember!?!  I thought Raven was pointing a finger at Whoopi like move off racism because WG for one keeps bringing it in.  So I waited for WG to challenge Raven but what does she do..agrees with her?  UM OK then.  

Just jumping off your post, Foghorn....

I would bet good money Raven-Symone's comments really appeal to folks tired of Obama, Ferguson, affirmative action and OU fraternity discussions; I bet those words appeal even more to folks who are tired of the blowback they receive when they compare black people to monkeys or apes. Raven-Symone's views as a black woman notwithstanding, I suspect most people in the "move on/get over it already" camp are those racism touches the least. Lucky them.

Maybe I can now be classified officially as old and out of touch because remembrance of things past is my idea of a civic duty, whether it be slavery, lynchings and segregation, Auschwitz and the Holocaust or September 11. Come on, kids, know your history! There are a lot of lessons to be learned from it.

• Love 18

Y'all, Raven Symone is getting a LOT of Backlash over her comments. I've read no less than 4 articles (so far) that have been uploaded on Yahoo! alone.

Man, if only Whoopi would get the same kind of treatment for her antics and behavior and words...

Raven was very ignorant in her comments about Michele Obama being compared to Apes..It was very insensitive. Blacks have been compared to Apes for centuries and it  is still hurtful to hear comments like that...Raven is just like Whoopie in the fact that they are privileged with money, so Racism is not going to affect them like the average black person living his or her life in society....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11

Milk-Eyed - 

They were discussing Cheney's Playboy interview I think (as referenced here - http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2015/03/18/obama-dick-cheney-iraq-al-qaeda-terrorism-playboy-interview-jimmy-carter/24948271/)

Per Cheney and Nicolle, Obama is weak like Carter on foreign policy. I'd take either former President Carter or President Obama over war criminals Cheney/Bush any day. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 14

I haven't watched more than the intro since RosieO left, but today I wanted to see what they had to say about Aaron Schock's resignation.  Heinous, heinous, they are idiots, and Nicolle is playing the Elisabeth card so hard.  Interrupting to compare Schock to Hillary Clinton, saying that he is being persecuted because he's good looking, giving tips on how to decorate like Downton Abbey, saying "everyone does it."  Disgusting.

Aaron Schock is not being "persecuted" because he's good looking.  Or because he's a closeted gay Republican who has never voted in favor of any gay rights legislation whatsoever.

Aaron Schock resigned because a chance inquiry into his office redecoration brought to light an extremely troubling and systematic pattern of his using taxpayer and donor money (in a nearly bankrupt state) for the sole purpose of making Aaron Schock's life more fabulous.  He used taxpayer money to fly in a private plane to a Bears game. His office was redecorated to the tune of $40,000 that he never declared and eventually reimbursed from personal funds.  His home sold for well over its value to a campaign supporter.  He was regularly accompanied on trips at taxpayer expense by his "official photographer," who just happens to be around Schock's age and very good-looking.  Although it was required by Congressional rules for this man's presence to be listed on travel lists, it was not.

For Nicolle to even pretend to justify any of this is nauseating.  Schock is just another corrupt politician who got caught. No one died, so he may not have to spend time in prison. But he doesn't deserve to hold office.  The hell of it is, he's been a pretty decent representative.  But once again, another "smartest guy in the room" wasn't half as clever as he thought he was.  The media smelled fire and found a lot of flames.  That's the real story, and it's a good one.

• Love 14

I haven't watched more than the intro since RosieO left, but today I wanted to see what they had to say about Aaron Schock's resignation.  Heinous, heinous, they are idiots, and Nicolle is playing the Elisabeth card so hard.  Interrupting to compare Schock to Hillary Clinton, saying that he is being persecuted because he's good looking, giving tips on how to decorate like Downton Abbey, saying "everyone does it."  Disgusting.

Aaron Schock is not being "persecuted" because he's good looking.  Or because he's a closeted gay Republican who has never voted in favor of any gay rights legislation whatsoever.

Aaron Schock resigned because a chance inquiry into his office redecoration brought to light an extremely troubling and systematic pattern of his using taxpayer and donor money (in a nearly bankrupt state) for the sole purpose of making Aaron Schock's life more fabulous.  He used taxpayer money to fly in a private plane to a Bears game. His office was redecorated to the tune of $40,000 that he never declared and eventually reimbursed from personal funds.  His home sold for well over its value to a campaign supporter.  He was regularly accompanied on trips at taxpayer expense by his "official photographer," who just happens to be around Schock's age and very good-looking.  Although it was required by Congressional rules for this man's presence to be listed on travel lists, it was not.

For Nicolle to even pretend to justify any of this is nauseating.  Schock is just another corrupt politician who got caught. No one died, so he may not have to spend time in prison. But he doesn't deserve to hold office.  The hell of it is, he's been a pretty decent representative.  But once again, another "smartest guy in the room" wasn't half as clever as he thought he was.  The media smelled fire and found a lot of flames.  That's the real story, and it's a good one.

NO KIDDING!  i only watched the start of the show, and I was pissed at Nicolle's comments.   This guy is representing ILLINOIS - a state that is not doing very well financially in the past several years.   He's spending tax payer money like crazy, acting like he's some sort of celebrity, flying all over the place and hosting parties.  Then there's the shady real estate deals.   

Nicolle isn't bothered by it.  But she would be if he were a democrat.

That's why I consider her to be Bitsy 2.0.  If a repub does something, well everyone does it, that's just the way it is.   

And - is it my TV, or does her voice get higher pitched every day?   In another week, only dogs will hear her. 

• Love 15

I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't watched it myself, ChicagoCita. The minute Rosie starts to tell what Schock did, Nicolle starts screeching about the Clintons. Then they all start to give advice about repainting his office. Never mind that he was reimbursed for 170,000 miles on his vehicle but when he sold it later, the mileage was only 80,000. The office decor was the thing that started reporters asking questions but it wasn't what kicked him out.

This show has now become an arm of FauxNews.

• Love 13
Is anyone able to hold a visual picture in their head of Whoopi surfing?  I can't imagine it...

OK - I now have a mental image of Whoopi, dressed in layers of bulky clothes, several scarves  and weird banana shoes, on a surfboard.  thanks. 

• Love 9

I had some sympathy for Samantha (the blonde co-host), since they shut her down on two points that I thought were relevant about Starbucks and also the fact that many NFL player play for the money, not all, but lots do! Even Rosie didn't really let her talk.

I know it's Nicolle's job to defend despicable Cheney, but I can hardly stand anyone talking well of the man I hate with the fire of a thousand suns. The Obama administration has successfully led us out of the ruins that the Bush/Cheney years left us in, and he has such a nerve even uttering a word about Obama. I suppose Cheney would love for us to be involved in more multiple Middle East wars so that his defense contractor cronies would benefit, as he did with Halliburton and other companies during the Iraq war.

Only Rosie did her homework about the congressman who is resigning. He was in deep doo-doo for using taxpayer funds inappropriately. And Samantha had a point in that he loved to glorify himself on Instagram, etc., and drew attention to himself which might have helped to lead to his demise. Thank you, ChicagoCita for your information.

Finally, does Nicolle ever watch herself on the show on her DVR and think that maybe she should tone down her screech? Can you hire a voice coach for that or is she just totally unable to control it? And enough about your extreme passion for Empire. It's over the top.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 10

Milk-Eyed - 

They were discussing Cheney's Playboy interview I think (as referenced here - http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2015/03/18/obama-dick-cheney-iraq-al-qaeda-terrorism-playboy-interview-jimmy-carter/24948271/)

Per Cheney and Nicolle, Obama is weak like Carter on foreign policy. I'd take either former President Carter or President Obama over war criminals Cheney/Bush any day.

Thank you! So War Criminal Cheney's playing Rank the Presidents? That's rich. I have no problem listening to informed and reasonably objective critiques of President Obama based on his real-world accomplishments and failures, but no, imaginary, propaganda-driven failures like BENGHAZI!!! and EBOLA!!! do not count. Cheney needs to stop masturbating to memories of St. Ronnie, man up and take personal responsibility for the birth of ISIS and the collapse of Iraq.

Shut up, Nicole.

• Love 15

Rosie calling Samantha "sweetie" when SP said that a baby can't drown in its mother's womb like it can falling off a surfboard pissed me off. RP brought up the womb thing in the first place -SP was just making a counterpoint. I don't even like SP. I used to like RP but she's wearing on me. Who's left to like with this crew? There was always someone left to like.

• Love 9

Thank you, Milk-Eye Mender. I'm happy that Chickenhawk, War Criminal Cheney infuriates you too.

Add me to that list.  I despise the man.  How anyone can defend or agree with him is beyond me.  If he had his way we would be fighting endless wars simply for defense contractors to profit.  The man is evil.

• Love 8

During the Starbucks discussion, I thought I heard Nicholle refer to herself as a "new mom". Her kid is 3, as she's told us 1000 times. It's time to retire the "new mom" moniker.

• Love 7

Nicholle was unbelievably shrieky during the Starbucks topic.  First, I hadn't heard about this initiative, so their discussion of it didn't help me understand what it was about, but her ear-piercing shrieky rant nearly killed me.

Anyhoo, as is usually the case when they rant about stuff without any context, I did a quick search and learned a bit about it.  I am not sure it is a good idea, but as this excerpt from a recent article in Fortune shows, the company has not been afraid to tackle social and political issues, in risky ways.  And it may very well backfire on them, but it at least highlights that the negativity on social media about this shows that race is an issue, even when so many say it is not.  

Nicholle is definitely showing her true colours now, and she does remind me more and more of Bitsy, on many topics, and even with the OTT lovefest for Scandal and Empire.  Hey, I love Empire, but I certainly am not worried about poor Andre, and losing sleep over his mental health issues.

The potential exists for arguments to break out (not for nothing this topic is the third rail of U.S. politics), and some may fairly question any move that could potentially slow in-store service. But Schultz has never been a wallflower when it comes to political debates and social activism. In 2013, he led a petition-based push urging Washington politicians to end the federal government shutdown. That year, he also wrote an open letter asking gun owners to refrain from bringing their guns into stores even they were allowed. Two years earlier, Starbucks launched a fund, fueled by the sale of $5 bracelets, to spur U.S. job creation. The company has also pledged to hire 10,000 veterans and military spouses over a five-year period.

And he has also not been shy to slam critics of Starbucks’ or his political stances, including shareholders. Two years ago, after an investor at its annual shareholder meeting said the company’s support for a marriage equality bill in Washington state had hurt sales after a boycott by an advocacy group, Schultz invited him to sell his Starbucks shares if he felt he could find another stock with as a high a return rate.

Schulz will discuss Starbucks’ “Race Together” initiative at the company’s annual shareholder meeting on Wednesday.
Edited by bannana
  • Love 5

Add me to list too!

Nicole worships W, Cheney, and McCain. Remember when McCain sang "bomb. bomb, bomb, bomb Iran?

WG thinks it is fine to surf with your infant without a life preserver because the guy is a "master" surfer. And she used to with her infant kid. WTF?

I'm not able to link but I googled Starbucks and the first news article was a very good article in Fortune about it....2 days ago. Highlights are Starbucks placed an ad in USA Today that read Shall We OverCome? Race Together. And then their logo. It was made perfectly clear the baristas are free to NOT write Race Together on the cups if they don't want to.

I am so sick of not discussing the topic specifics before they all chime in and Nicole derails it into screeching Next! Next! Rosie makes her own coffee or goes to to a Mom and Pops, Sam, as a new Mom, doesn't want to discuss the issue first thing in the morning. 

IMO, at this time.......since this campaign starts next Monday, is that Starbucks is promoting the country/customers to have the discussion in general.....not directly with the barista at the moment. 

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 6

I have disliked Nicolle ever since she appeared on Bill Maher's show last year, I think it was.  All she could do was screech, pound the desk, and chant "6 years! 6 years! Obama's had 6 YEARS to fix the country!" or economy or something along those lines.  I hadn't realized that she was the "Cackles" I'd read about over at TWoP in the Morning Joe thread.

She's done nothing to sway me to her side or change my mind about her. I can't stand her.

And not to belabor the point, but I just noticed this in one of the Raven Symone articles--the stupid idiot of a "reporter" had written that Raven was known to play Olivia on Empire. Yep. Now, I don't watch that show, so I don't know if she did appear in Empire and her character was named Olivia; if that's the case, I stand corrected; but I'm sure it should have been The Cosby Show.

Stuff like this makes me wish corporations didn't have the clout they do to buy the news business; it just makes me miss Cronkite, Jennings, and other print journalists. But that's my issue/demon.

• Love 4

Kenz: 

I had some sympathy for Samantha (the blonde co-host), since they shut her down on two points that I thought were relevant about Starbucks and also the fact that many NFL player play for the money, not all, but lots do! Even Rosie didn't really let her talk.

I agree - she wasn't allowed to make her point, which was essentially this - the minute a boy starts playing a sport, even if he's 6 years old, relatives, coaches, everybody, starts talking about college scholarships and professional sports, and the millions that athletes make.  Kids might get into a sport because they love it, most get into it because it looks like fun and they want to try it.  But the pressure to exceed is fueled by "you can make a lot of money if you keep playing".   It's not an either/or kind of thing.   It seems like they wanted to shut down the discussion about hos contact sports like BOXING and FOOTBALL are harmful to athletes, that concussions are brain injuries, and that athletes who have concussions are more likely to have memory loss, Parkinson's, even Alzheimers as they get past their 20's.   Rosie shuts it down by talking about the "love of the sport", Whoopi talks about whole towns who rally behind their sports teams.  None of that is the point.  

Mike Ditka was recently quoted as saying if he had a school-aged kid today he would not allow him to play football.  Ex- Football players are being diagnosed with brain damage from earlier injuries. High school players are having learning problems from injuries on the field.  

this is an issue worthy of in-depth discussion.  But The View doesn't want to ruffle feathers, so they shut down serious discussion and talk about "love of the game" and personal choice.  It was the one time I actually LIKED Samantha, she was the only one who could see the bigger issue.  

• Love 11

Yes, backformore, and add that to the fact that Samantha is married to a professional football player, then she should have insight into this subject, more than the others, but they just wanted to spout off their opinions instead of listen patiently. This particular show annoyed me more than most because they threw out hot topic subjects, some of which were serious, but they rarely let anyone talk through their serious thoughts about a subject without interruption to throw their two cents in. (Of course, Rosie HAS to defend her precious love of boxing, one of the most dangerous of all sports for the damage it does to the head!)

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 10

I have disliked Nicolle ever since she appeared on Bill Maher's show last year, I think it was.  All she could do was screech, pound the desk, and chant "6 years! 6 years! Obama's had 6 YEARS to fix the country!" or economy or something along those lines.  I hadn't realized that she was the "Cackles" I'd read about over at TWoP in the Morning Joe thread.

She's done nothing to sway me to her side or change my mind about her. I can't stand her.

And not to belabor the point, but I just noticed this in one of the Raven Symone articles--the stupid idiot of a "reporter" had written that Raven was known to play Olivia on Empire. Yep. Now, I don't watch that show, so I don't know if she did appear in Empire and her character was named Olivia; if that's the case, I stand corrected; but I'm sure it should have been The Cosby Show.

Stuff like this makes me wish corporations didn't have the clout they do to buy the news business; it just makes me miss Cronkite, Jennings, and other print journalists. But that's my issue/demon.

Raven did play a character, Olivia, on Empire.  I didn't even recognize her as Raven, until they mentioned it on the View.  I won't spoil it for those who plan to binge watch at some point, but her role is brief, but important.

• Love 3

Raven did play a character, Olivia, on Empire.  I didn't even recognize her as Raven, until they mentioned it on the View.  I won't spoil it for those who plan to binge watch at some point, but her role is brief, but important.

Thanks bannana. I stand corrected. But my opinion on a lot of the bloggers/"reporters" still stand, since so many, many of them, make typos, write sentences that aren't grammatically correct, etc....

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3

Yes, backformore, and add that to the fact that Samantha is married to a professional football player, then she should have insight into this subject, more than the others, but they just wanted to spout off their opinions instead of listen patiently. This particular show annoyed me more than most because they threw out hot topic subjects, some of which were serious, but they rarely let anyone talk through their serious thoughts about a subject without interruption to throw their two cents in. (Of course, Rosie HAS to defend her precious love of boxing, one of the most dangerous of all sports for the damage it does to the head!)

Right!  In the 50's and 60's, boys participated in boxing, it was seen as a good competitive sport for kids.  eventually medical and psychiatric associations condemned kids' boxing leagues due to the infliction of brain damage, and now kids don't have the boxing leagues like they used to.   Boxing is a HORRIBLE sport.  The aim is to inflict brain damage on your opponent - because a Knock-out IS brain damage.  

So - now,kids  football is being acknowledged as being harmful - it also caused brain damage.  tackling and knocking players down can lead to concussions.  Now that we KNOW that, it opens the door for lawsuits when kids do have medical complications, and that might lead to new rules about football.  I didn't know samantha was married to a football player. I would have liked to hear her perspective.  It seemed someone was frightened to have her speak out. 

The Hunger Games books/movies are kind of a metaphor for sports, where young athletes are being trained to maim and kill for the amusement and financial gain of the upper class (owners).  It's worth discussing. 

• Love 7

With President Obama so many of my Republican friends really did feel something close to hatred at the very beginning even before he was inaugurated

Not only did they feel hatred before he took office (can we say racism anyone?), but there is a well reported and never refuted - to my knowledge - story about 11 leaders of the Republican Party meeting on Obama's first innaugeration day and vowing at that meeting to oppose everything - LITERALLY EVERYTHING - the president proposed.  Now 11 might not be the right number, but Paul Ryan, from my state WI, was always mentioned as was Boehner.

Frankly when I first heard this, I thought all 11 should have been licked out of office for failure to perform the duties of their office or possibly treason/sedition.

It is difficult to understand how the man got anything done.

They continue in their obstructionist ways with that treasonous letter addressed to Iran.

The repubs are disgusting - - of course their goal of turning the entire country over to the oligarchs is succeeding - they own the courts including the Supremes and are devastating any gain benefitting ordinary Americans.

I agree Cheney is evil and the rest of the bunch don't seem far behind.  For all their pandering to extremist Christians, they are the least Christian group of people I have ever heard about.

Edited by kaygeeret
  • Love 22

Had Hillary been elected in 08 instead of Obama, the appeal to the base to thwart her agenda would've been a misogynistic one instead of a racist one. What would Nicolle have done with the "women have no place in leadership positions" meme?

ETA: Just stumbled across this:  http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/jamie-johnson-rick-perry-female-president

Sorta emphasizes my point. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 5

Two questions after today: 

Does anyone think that Obama has been treated poorly by the Republicans has nothing to do with his race and is all about the politics (Nicolle) or that he has been treated very disrespectfully since the beginning (Rosie P) ?  Since Rosie didn't get to finish and was shouted down by Nicolle, it might be hard to decide...

Is anyone able to hold a visual picture in their head of Whoopi surfing?  I can't imagine it...

Now that The Empire is finishing the season tonight, do you suppose we won't have to have a star from that show every other day until next year?

I don't believe anyone has been Nicolle's equal in the shouting over someone until she shuts down contest. And furthermore I fear I shall forget how to properly spell Nichole. 

• Love 6

LOL.  Oh and Yikes.  Just another story from Whoopi's baked memory bank. 

Nicolle isn't bothered by it.  But she would be if he were a democrat.

Oh I'm sure there are plenty of  Republicans (and Democrats) in Illinois bothered about this but yeah, she does seem to be expressing her partisanship rather blindly, if not recklessly these days.    The fact that she says 'everyone does it' kind of freaks me out because of all the people at the table, she would know.  Just wait though - the next sex scandal involving a Congressperson with a D after their name will have her calling for their head, lol.

I know it's Nicolle's job to defend despicable Cheney, but I can hardly stand anyone talking well of the man I hate with the fire of a thousand suns.

Except it's not her job anymore which is what bugs me.    Her job is to be a daytime talk show host and she seems to be failing fast at that (not that any of them are excelling at it).    She's been out of politics for years now. And while she does make occasional random appearances on different political shows it's only as a commenter.  There is no real professional reason not to say what she really thinks; I do believe she really does think, unlike Bitsy.   Still, I'm not surprised to hear she defended Cheney - did you guys know she worked in the Shrub Bush White House!? 

When did Nicole get so screechy?  And how come it took me five months to notice it?  Was it a bait and switch or was I just too hopeful about the new co-hosts? 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 8

Re Whoopi surfing with her infant, yeah, I could see her sitting on a surfboard (yes, baked) and her daughter sitting on there with her.  Not exactly surfing, more like floating, similar to sitting on air mattress.

Who knows, maybe Whoopi did surf in her youth but I don't buy for a second that she had her daughter with her while surfing (if that is what she said, and if by surfing she meant catching a wave).

• Love 8
When did Nicole get so screechy?  And how come it took me five months to notice it?  Was it a bait and switch or was I just too hopeful about the new co-hosts?

Last week my interest in whatever this show is now started to nosedive, and this week it's ready to crash.  I think maybe it took RO leaving to loosen up Nicole into daring to be who she really is...not a good thing.  RP seems to care about facts and discussing things, but she's all alone now in that.  What a shame.

• Love 9

Poor Caroline Rhea. I've always liked her since her days on Sabrina: The Teenage Witch and when she took over Rosie O's old show. She's actually trying to make this train wreck workable, but the other co-hosts make that pretty much impossibly.

• Love 6
With President Obama so many of my Republican friends really did feel something close to hatred at the very beginning even before he was inaugurated.

I agree, MButterfly...and some of my friends--educated and intelligent, continue to proclaim that he's a Muslim born in Kenya.  Maybe someone should ask Nicolle about that.

• Love 4

I agree, MButterfly...and some of my friends--educated and intelligent, continue to proclaim that he's a Muslim born in Kenya.  Maybe someone should ask Nicolle about that.

Nicholle's answer would be "Well some people say.....".  Yes Nicholle you and your fellow GOPers are the ones that say it.  Her party consistently fans the flames of the worst of the worst outright racial hatred shown to President Obama and refuses to acknowledge they are responsible for most of it.

• Love 7

I couldn't understand why everyone jumped on Samantha for saying that athletes are willing to trade potential health risk for money.  Isn't that why certain high risk jobs pay better?  Rosie and Whoopi made it sound like she was criticizing the athletes.  Don't most of us work for the money?  I love my job but I'm not going to offer to do it for free for the love of it.  Athletics has also been a common way for people (especially people who are not as likely to have the opportunity) to attend post-secondary on scholarship etc.  Should we criticize those people too?  I don't get it.

Cosign on Nicolle's screeching.  Sometimes when I read about people's accents / voice issues I don't hear it myself, but in this case it has made the show nearly unwatchable.  The Empire love reminds me of Queen Gertrude's great line "The lady doth protest too much methinks."  Dial it back Nicolle.

Oh, and does anybody know if Nicolle has a 3 year old or has written a book or worked in the White House?

• Love 7

I couldn't understand why everyone jumped on Samantha for saying that athletes are willing to trade potential health risk for money.  Isn't that why certain high risk jobs pay better?  Rosie and Whoopi made it sound like she was criticizing the athletes.  Don't most of us work for the money?  I love my job but I'm not going to offer to do it for free for the love of it.  Athletics has also been a common way for people (especially people who are not as likely to have the opportunity) to attend post-secondary on scholarship etc.  Should we criticize those people too?  I don't get it.

Cosign on Nicolle's screeching.  Sometimes when I read about people's accents / voice issues I don't hear it myself, but in this case it has made the show nearly unwatchable.  The Empire love reminds me of Queen Gertrude's great line "The lady doth protest too much methinks."  Dial it back Nicolle.

Oh, and does anybody know if Nicolle has a 3 year old or has written a book or worked in the White House?

Ok, so I totally want to click on the "thumbs up" button of your entire post, but I would feel disingenuous, but not because I don't agree with what you have stated. Here's the thing; I have not been able to watch a single episode of this mess of a show since RO left. I took it off of my DVR, and have not watched a single episode since she left. Don't get me wrong, I have been following here fervently. I just simply have not been able to watch the show at all; this coming from a person who is not a ride-or-die Rosie O'Donnell band-wagon fan. I do like Rosie, because I think she speaks from her heart regardless of popular opinion; I just don't always agree with her. I just can't with this show anymore, because of the absolute disrespect for it's audience, and actual panel. I would like to add that at the beginning of the season, I was beyond excited that we finally had, what seemed to be, a diverse panel of co-hosts with varying race, sexual orientation, religious, and political opinions, that demonstrated a modicum of respect for such co-hosts. However, it became obvious to me, that over time, it truly became the "Only Whoopi's Opinion Matters" show, and I simply couldn't anymore. I thoroughly enjoyed much of January, because Whoopi was out due to back troubles. It seemed to me that, during that time, everyone had a voice, and was able to express it! I can't say this enough, EVERYONE was able to express their opinion! I liked that. A lot!

So, that having been said, I have co-signed on many of your comments, although really cannot comment since I haven't watched the shows. Sadly, I have wanted to, especially since I have discovered that Maggiemae and Cosmocrush are fellow 12s (Go Hawks!), but it just felt wrong since I just can't watch the show anymore. I have actually learned to love "The Talk", because even if their opinions sometimes piss me off, EVERYONE! has a chance to be heard without someone interrupting!

I really want to feel like the crap that I am listening to/watching actually has a smidgeon of the conversation/debate that I could have with friends and co-workers in a respectful manner, of course. It just doesn't anymore. There is no way any of the peeps that I know would sit idly by and let some other alpha female steamroll the conversation, ala Whoopi. I would love to be able to hear diversifying views, as that is how I think we grow as individuals! I just don't think that critical thinking is something that is respected or encouraged on this "View".

Edited by KicksandGiggles
  • Love 14

They should rename The View, the Show of Really, Really Annoying Voices. Between Nicole's nasally, whine and Rosie Perez's nails-on-a-chalkboard, this show is now so bloody difficult to just listen to, never mind the stupidity that comes forth. And does Rosie have to cackle like a jacked hyena every single time someone says something remotely amusing? 

I see that Whoopi is putting her usual care into her appearance.

• Love 7

Raven-Symone`can't get a break.  No matter what she says, the entire panel will disagree with her.  She does have some valid points...and she's speaking from a generation that Nicolle OBVIOUSLY does not respect.  Couldn't Nicolle talk even MORE over today's food guests?

Remind me.  Whoopi was never so animated, dance-y, fun-loving on her entry to the stage in all these years, was she?  I think it started when Rosie left.  Wha's up?

• Love 9

They should rename The View, the Show of Really, Really Annoying Voices. Between Nicole's nasally, whine and Rosie Perez's nails-on-a-chalkboard, this show is now so bloody difficult to just listen to, never mind the stupidity that comes forth. And does Rosie have to cackle like a jacked hyena every single time someone says something remotely amusing? 

I see that Whoopi is putting her usual care into her appearance.

In my house it's always been "that show where a bunch of women all talk at the same time", courtesy of my son.  

• Love 8

Nicolle was a real ass to Raven today when she said something about Raven's generation never amounting to anything because they are always tweeting (sorry, don't remember exactly what she said). Loved that Raven's retort was, "um, I've been working since I was 3 years old." Raven-1, Nicolle-0.

• Love 18

Nicolle was a real ass to Raven today when she said something about Raven's generation never amounting to anything because they are always tweeting (sorry, don't remember exactly what she said). Loved that Raven's retort was, "um, I've been working since I was 3 years old." Raven-1, Nicolle-0.

I'm not a Raven fan (never have been), but I've been reading that Nicolle and Whoopi apparently can't stand her. The same thing's happened to Samantha and Padma apparently. I hope all three are cast. LOL

From what I read about Raven's comments re:animal comparisons, I think the racist associations with saying a black person looks like a monkey flew over her head. But I do agree that people sometimes look like animals, and thinking that about someone isn't necessarily racist.

I think Nicolle is one smart cookie and has decided to suck up to Whoopi as long as it lasts.  Looks like it's working.  Nicole and Whoopi are the leaders of the Mean Girls Team of Two.

Wouldn't it be great if Raven has some sort of behind-the-scenes clout and those two suddenly change their tune.  I know...dream on.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 9

It was the patronizing "sweetie" that Nicolle said to Raven that was so annoying to me.  I think they were discussing millenials.  There is a real issue with underemployed/unemployed millenials and it's not because they're all sitting in their parents' basements playing PS4.  The jobs simply aren't there in many cases or they have become contract / part time jobs with little security.  Naturally, they don't discuss the very real issue of  demographic / economic shifts.  Instead it's all about how young people today are too busy with their faces in their phones to be of any use.  Frustrating as always, and yet I watch this shit.

• Love 10