Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: Amster-Damn Slap

• Start Topic

To me Lisa R's throat grab / glass smash combo was the single worse act this season of RHoBH and I won't be surprised if once all episodes of all franchises air this year, it will be at the top my list as the worst RH act of 2015.  Brandi's "playful" slap of Lisa was very egregious as well, not only because of the slap itself, but the predatory / Chester the Molester aspect of her behavior,* and because it represents a pattern of behavior.  For these reasons, I think  / hope that Brandi's act will have much more far-reaching repercussions.

* Brandi holding the back of Lisa's head was just ewww and ick(!)

Moving full response to Brandi's thread, not sure if it is episode-centric enough:

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/827-brandi-glanville-drinking-and-tweeting-a-book-and-a-lifestyle/#entry922525.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 6

Why can't these ladies dress?!?!? Why oh why? Yo looks like she grabbed something from her old Snag A Rich Man collection. Kyle looks like she's about to star in The Craft 2: Still A Witch After All These Years. Kim needs a bra. Eileen looks insane. LisaV looks ok, but the shoes should never leave the strip club, man she loves herself some hooker heels.

God how I wish women would drop the large keyhole style: makes Yo look like she has plumber's asscrack on her chest.

Brandi's "playful" slap of Lisa was very egregious as well, not only because of the slap but the predatory / Chester the Molester aspect of it... Brandi holding the back of Lisa's head was just ugh and ick(!)

Agreed -- where's the "To Catch a Predator" voiceover when you need it? ("Her MO is always the same; giddy talk of old sitcoms, designed to put the victim at ease -- then breaking down physical barriers through rough housing and "jokes" until finally, Brandi the Randy has someone in a headlock, about to engage in forced sexualized contact -- and tonight, our cameras Catch it All!") 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12

Yikes! That outfit is awful.

Any chance that picture was taken on Halloween? LOL

Orange is the Dutch national color, so perhaps Eileen was saluting her hostess and host country.  But still, sheer hose would have been the way to go.  Lisa Rinna is also missing from the picture.

Edited by harrie
  • Love 4

Orange is the Dutch national color, so perhaps Eileen was saluting her hostess and host country.  

I didn't know that.  In fact, I didn't even know countries had a national color.  Didn't Yolanda say her blue room in the hotel was so Dutch?  If I knew the Dutch had a color, I would have guessed it was blue.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

God how I wish women would drop the large keyhole style: makes Yo look like she has plumber's asscrack on her chest.

Agreed -- where's the "To Catch a Predator" voiceover when you need it? ("Her MO is always the same; giddy talk of old sitcoms, designed to put the victim at ease -- then breaking down physical barriers through rough housing and "jokes" until finally, Brandi the Randy has someone in a headlock, about to engage in forced sexualized contact -- and tonight, our cameras Catch it All!") 

I was wondering about that keyhole thing too, it is not flattering and usually I love how Yo dresses.  Eileen, lover her, hate the outfit. 

• Love 3

I didn't know that.  In fact, I didn't even know countries had a national color.  Didn't Yolanda say her blue room in the hotel was so Dutch?  If I knew the Dutch had a color, I would have guessed it was blue.  

Blue is a very Dutch color, but the Dutch royal family is called the House of Orange-Nassau, after William of Orange, IIRC.  (My Mom was Dutch.)

Why the Dutch Wear Orange

Edited by harrie
  • Love 8

I think that the "so Dutch" blue reflects the color from the Delft dishes that are made there, they are blue and white and very identifiably Dutch. 

• Love 8

Blue is a very Dutch color, but the Dutch royal family is called the House of Orange-Nassau, after William of Orange, IIRC.  (My Mom was Dutch.)

http://www.dutchamsterdam.nl/321-why-the-dutch-wear-orange  

I think that the "so Dutch" blue reflects the color from the Delft dishes that are made there, they are blue and white and very identifiably Dutch. 

Who would have thought that watching the RHOBH could be educational?   LOL

• Love 9

No one should have to be held hostage to completely insane circumstances

I agree.  That's why I find fault with Brandi for grabbing Kyle's wrists, pushing her and not backing away when Kyle asked her to in Eileen's driveway.  I know Brandi got scratched by Kyle's bracelet, but it wasn't like Kyle purposely tried to scratch her.  I also find fault with Brandi for obstructing LisaV from leaving and manhandling her when she said no to a kiss.  Also, I wasn't aware that its O.K. to slap someone as long as you tell them that they can also slap you.  In LisaV's words, Brandi always goes too far.

• Love 8

Ahem......

I was asked to step in and do a little housecleaning. We're down by 4 pages now due to posts being off-topic, not about this episode, or about someone doing something elsewhere (in which case it should be posted in their thread).

Please re-read what is pinned at the top by Lisin, especially this part:

If it didn't happen in this episode it doesn't belong in this topic

Before you hit the "post" button, re-read what you've written and be sure it falls within this guideline. Sometimes I myself forget to do that in the heat of the moment and I have to edit what was posted.

If you want to talk about Brandi's trashy behavior in bars, photos of her out falling down drunk, how she treats her kids, picking her face...take it to her thread UNLESS it happened in this episode.

If you want to talk about anyone's behavior or quirks and it didn't happen in the episode, take it to their thread.

If you are going to talk about other franchises, go to that show's forum. 

If you want to discuss media links that have nothing to do with this show or this episode, go to the media thread. If you have links to outtakes or previews, there is a First Look thread.

If you want to discuss personal issues that you've had regarding abuse, alcoholism or drugs (as has been a topic for this franchise), etc., take it to Small Talk for discussions of a more personal nature.

Last, and most important, say what you want ONE TIME about any given incident in the episode, then back away. If you disagree with someone, that's fine, but you won't change their mind by posting 10 times about the same thing. If you want to add more thoughts on the subject, that's fine, but I was reading the same thing posted by several people, over and over, and it takes everyone a lot of time to wade through that sort of thing. Let's do our best to make this a forum that's fun to read and participate in.

Thanks so much!

• Love 14

Warning:  Lurker post  . . . . Lurker post.  Don't expect much if anything from it!   :D

Ok, so . . . from the picture . . . check out Kim's eyes . . .  don't they look like O_o to you . . . Is it from work done, just a bad pic or partaking in Amsterdam delights?

11054404_1034351609912386_66596105660611

Lol, I told you it wouldn't be much but I've got my first picture under my belt . . . or I think I do anyway.  LOL

• Love 6

I think that the "so Dutch" blue reflects the color from the Delft dishes that are made there, they are blue and white and very identifiably Dutch.

I have bought a lot of the Delft collection over the years!  My Mom collects it, and it's pretty. 

The only way I can sum up this episode is to quote Yolanda: "You slapped Lisa Vanderpump?"   That was the biggest 'WTF did you do' moment I've seen on this show in a long time.  I see Lisa as royalty amongst her crowd, so for somebody to do something like that just about leaves me speechless!   Royalty or not though, you just don't act that way to people.  Brandi was being very aggressive with her about wanting them to kiss.  It was a very awkward situation.  I'm curious as to how Ken reacted when Lisa told him.

• Love 6

Warning:  Lurker post  . . . . Lurker post.  Don't expect much if anything from it!   :D

Ok, so . . . from the picture . . . check out Kim's eyes . . .  don't they look like O_o to you . . . Is it from work done, just a bad pic or partaking in Amsterdam delights?

Lol, I told you it wouldn't be much but I've got my first picture under my belt . . . or I think I do anyway.  LOL

I think she, Kim, has a lazy eye (niece Paris does as well), either that or Yolanda just told her Brandi tried to kiss then smacked LisaV!  LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3

Just please nobody give Eileen a pass for those black tights with the red-orange dress, no matter how much you like her. Please. We must unite. For fashion.

She's not getting a pass from me.

Eileen%20Halloween_zpsm24km7ar.jpg

• Love 12

Just please nobody give Eileen a pass for those black tights with the red-orange dress, no matter how much you like her. Please. We must unite. For fashion.

Not only that, but it's a big fashion no no to wear tights or pantyhose with open toe shoes!. Speaking of fashion, when did it become fashionable to not wear any panythose? It was cold in Amsterdam, and still no hose. When a woman becomes a certain age (and I am one of those women), our legs just don't naturally look as smooth and blemish, spot and vein free as they did in our younger days. The pantyhose industry must really be hurting these days. I live in Florida so I understand with the heat and humidity but still...  

• Love 9

A lighter moment I loved from this episode: Eileen eating -- as she talked with Yo and LisaV about the cray cray -- and then suddenly, Eileen turned to Yo and said "This is delicious, by the way"  -- food so good, it overwhelmed the smell of bullshit in the air!

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11

Not only that, but it's a big fashion no no to wear tights or pantyhose with open toe shoes!. 

Yes -- and the dress/hose combo  has the look of that annoying thing that happens when you have super-slippy material catching on the grain of the hose - - very strange fashion choice from a usually stunningly well put together woman.   (ETA: sorry to post back to back)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2

Not only that, but it's a big fashion no no to wear tights or pantyhose with open toe shoes!. Speaking of fashion, when did it become fashionable to not wear any panythose? It was cold in Amsterdam, and still no hose. When a woman becomes a certain age (and I am one of those women), our legs just don't naturally look as smooth and blemish, spot and vein free as they did in our younger days. The pantyhose industry must really be hurting these days. I live in Florida so I understand with the heat and humidity but still...

I agree with you about Eileen's tights and open toe shoes. That's a total fashion faux pas - it's like wearing socks with sandals. Even so, I find LisaV's clod-hoppers more offensive. They're just so damn ugly.

Since they all live in California, I suppose that dressing up without wearing pantyhose is acceptable. It's just not something I see often since I live in New York and worked in the corporate world. Even in the dog days of August, pantyhose are always worn, especially with a skirt.

ETA: Yolanda looks like the only one who can handle those killer heels without fear of tipping over.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

It doesn't have to fly with you, it flies with me.  What I find acceptable or excusable is for me to decide. Life's not fair. My level of outrage doesn't have to measure up to anyone else's.

This should be pinned at the top of the page! If you don't mind, I will steal this from you and use it to respond on occasion when the need arises.

I, personally, find it disingenuous to claim one does not have this instinct or cannot be pushed to that same type of reaction if someone hits their own button.  I'm not a violent person.  I've never hit anyone for any reason.  However, you speak rudely to or about my father?  And yeah, glasses and wine might fly.

My feeling as well. I have not hit anyone, but I have felt my buttons being pushed to the point that I can understand someone losing it, especially if a loved one is thrown in the mix. I may throw a glass too, but not at someone. LisaR didn't throw a glass at anyone. She threw water in Kim's face. She should have thrown the water at Brandi since she is the one who looks like she hasn't touched any water in a while. She reminds me of that character in Charlie Brown, the dirty kid who has dirt all around him.

The comparisons to this person and that person, eh. Nothing is black and white. There are many mitigating factors in each situation.

Eileen looks horrible in that dress. And those nylons? Oh, no. Just no. YoFo and that cut-out look? I can't seeing that shit on the younger girls. LisaR's shoes...stop, just stop! Kim looks way older than she already does when she wears anything that is gold colored. Not liking that Kyle dress either. She and Eileen look like they are dressed for a fancy Halloween get-together.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7

The physicality that happened between Kyle/Brandi and Kim /LisaR happened during very heated arguments and though that does not make it ok, it makes it understandable. Sometimes very heated arguments/fights can lead to physical confrontations as well, people loose control in the heat of the moment and slap, throw things, push/shove, get physical. Again, it does not make it ok but it is something that happens during a big fight/argument. Brandi's wine throw at Eileen's face, her grabbing LisaV stopping her from leaving, pushing her back and then slapping her on the face came out of nowhere. No words angry were exchanged, people were smiling/laughing, both acts were unprovoked and IMO, not very forgivable.

Exactly.

Brandi is a loose cannon.  Impulsive, immature, easily angered, and prone to not only violent threats but also physical attacks.  Her sense of boundaries is severely distorted.   She doesn't hesitate to lash out at others in whatever way her mood strikes with complete disregard for anything other than her own selfish desires.  We saw it in this episode, and we have seen it over and over and over again.

The other women are not perfect by any means and certainly there has been some inappropriate behavior.  But overall I don't see it as comparable to what we've consistently witnessed with Brandi for years.  She's a whole other thing.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 11

I do think Eileen was ugly in this episode. Brandi level? No but ugly nonetheless. Nasty behavior is nasty behavior whether there's reason or not.

I didn't see Eileen being ugly during the episode. Not one bit. She was calm and collected. She stated her case and easily refuted Kim and Brandi's nonsense. They've been pretty awful to her for much of the season and Brandi was the one who opened the door to the conversation! Eileen didn't start it, Brandi did with her charming fake apology for all the things she's said to and about Eileen lo these many weeks. So I guess Brandi can open the conversation and Eileen is supposed to sit silently?

I think as long as the cameras are rolling LVP will be interacting with Brandi

True, but that doesn't mean Lisa V isn't done with BG. I think her blog makes that clear. I think this season there were moments where Lisa V seemed to warm up to BG but I think that slap probably ends that stuff.

I, personally, find it disingenuous to claim one does not have this instinct or cannot be pushed to that same type of reaction if someone hits their own button.

Everyone. Every single one of us is capable of going there. We have a trigger or button. No one may ever push that button and so we will not reach that level, but it still exists.

• Love 13

A lighter moment I loved from this episode: Eileen eating -- as she talked with Yo and LisaV about the cray cray -- and then suddenly, Eileen turned to Yo and said "This is delicious, by the way"  -- food so good, it overwhelmed the smell of bullshit in the air!

That scene really jumped out at me...the HWs at the table were actually digging in to their entrees!  It's such a rare thing.  All that food on the table in the back of the boat where the argument went down went untouched.  I feel kinda bad for the people who prepared it, but I know they're paid and the crew probably ate it.  I just HATE seeing delicious looking food go untouched.  I also liked that Eileen wasn't scared of eating a bit of chocolate while out with Kyle. I really need to not watch this show hungry.

The one thing that I totally agree with Brandi on is this: every single one of the women, maybe save for LisaV, should have friken knew who Isaac from The Love Boat is.  In the biz and the right age.  That's just embarrassing.

• Love 5

I still am shaking my head over the arrogance of Kim and her claiming Eileen can't take a joke about being called a homewrecker.  Brandi and Kim are so vested in their children and what their children think of them it just goes over their heads the fact that Eileen's children-who actually appear on the show might be hurt by the home wrecker comment.  I bet it would have been rip roaringly funny if Eileen would have said what an old sot Kim was or what a trashy old slut Brandi was.  The idea that Brandi would not get that Lisa, Ken, Pandora and Max would be offended by her saying she slept with half of  LA is beyond the realm of decency.   Did anyone ever figure out the point of Brandi's examples?  She has been itching to say what deep dark secrets these women are hiding and that is the best she can come up with?  If Brandi is having a hard expressing exactly what it is these women are getting away with-why come up with ludicrous examples?  Is it a fourth wall issue or is old fashion Brandi delusions that somehow this woman or this man doesn't hold up to the exacting standards Brandi has for everyone but herself?

• Love 9

The difference here is that we actually SAW Lisa R feel bad and apologize for it....sincerely. She didn't erase her apology 10 seconds later in a talking head or a blog where she absolved herself of any wrongdoing or responsibility. Something Brandi has repeatedly and almost consistently done. She felt bad for throwing wine at Eileen and said so a myriad of times only now to erase all of that by making snarky, rude comments about what happened and how Eileen felt about it. She was a fan of Eileen's and Days of our Lives when they first met....almost creepily so. And now that she hasn't gotten the reaction from Eileen she feels she's deserved (despite the wine throw and asshole comments about her family and house) Eileen is a LAME, soap opera acting bitch.

That's why I compared her now dislike for Eileen to be on the same level as her dislike for Joyce. When Joyce ratted her out on what she was saying about LVP, Brandi made Joyce into her emeny and picked on her a great deal most of the season from her name to saying shes a black person who cant swim. Brandi wanted Joyce as her new ally since she knew she'll be breaking tides with LVP but it backfired! Joyce wasnt having it. Same for Eileen. When Brandi tried kissing Eileen's ass because of her love for DOOL, Eileen just chalked it up as she being some crazy fangirl then the wine throw happened and Eileen was completely closed off from liking Brandi. Someone put it perfectly that Brandi also hates both Eileen and even Lisa R because they wont let she and Kim to act like drunk/high cuckoo birds and they call their shit out with no hesitation on camera. Now both cuckoo birds all of sudden are trying to bring their parenting up out of thin air for deflection and manipulation. Kim with her "I worked too hard for you to destroy my sobriety." And Brandi "All you can say what the fuck you want about me as a parent but I cant about you." Please where is the Hannibal straitjacket and the muzzle when you need it.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 13

Oh for me, for two reasons - a - I don't like conflict at all so I would be willing to leave the job and that is because of b - I don't need the money to survive.  I haven't worked for years so I am looking at it from my cowardly perspective.  Lisa shouldn't have to leave but if it was me, I would.

I think it's fair to say that Lisa doesn't need the money to survive, either.   And - with all due respect - your choice to leave doesn't negate the fact that Lisa has every right to stay if that's what she wants to do.

And opting to stay rather than walk away doesn't mean that she has "an uncontrollable ego that must be fed".  (That's your quote from the post I had responded to).  It means that she's not going to let someone who has behaved badly push her out of something that she has chosen to do.  I can't blame her at all for that.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 13

Oh, okay.  Assault people.  Scream insults in public.   Reveal secrets that have the potential to damage lives.  Do whatever the fuck you want because this is who you are.  And the rest of the world has to just accept that and deal with it?

Horrible, isn't it? I suppose when Brandi behaves that way to people that are despised, it is acceptable.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9

I can sort of understand Lisa R's wanting to play nice with the crazy, as I had a similar situation at work this week.  Several folks (who basically have done nothing for years) are being laid off shortly (very, very generous severance, and almost 3 months notice, so handled well for that sort of thing).  One woman has decided to go from her normal level of crazy to hostile psycho.  I found myself today saying oh well thank you - a little too much.  I just didn't want to deal with her going off on me. Play nice, do not engage until you're safely out of harm's way - the Lisa R method.  I can see why she decided to just roll with the punches and why she overcompensated a bit.  I can also see Eileen's point of view - how/why are you over it so quickly.  Each person reacts differently.

As for Brandi, I'm just over her inappropriateness.  No, it wasn't a knockout slap, probably didn't leave a mark.  She clearly violated someone's personal space, when they had said no repeatedly.  Lisa R throwing the glass wasn't cool, but she did one thing, threw the glass down.  Brandi has done countless things, both physical, verbal, intimidating, etc.  

The comments about how people say Lisa R needs to eat, Lisa V is unfaithful (who has ever said that??), Eileen is a homewrecker, etc., just another way to get her digs in at the women.  Oh nooooooooo, I didn't say it, just saying what bad things OTHERS say.  Yeah right.  And when time to compliment everyone, Brandi only does superficial compliments.   Why?  Because she has no depth, no emotional maturity.  She's only interested in what makes her happy right now - nothing below the surface, just satisfaction now.

I am so tired of Brandi and Kim, I caught the show on one of the reruns.  I want to see opulent lifestyles, not drunks 'r us.  For me, they could loop tours of Yolanda & LVP's homes rather than anything with Brandi and KIm, and I'd be a happy camper.

• Love 11

Kim  has never, from what I've seen, taken responsibility for anything. Even when her actions are so egregious that no one can ignore how she comes across onscreen, she does not acknowledge her own misdeeds. There's always an excuse, followed by her assertion of how hard she's worked for three years. Frankly I don't think any of these women need Kim's approval. If they weren't cast mates, none of them (except Kyle, of course) would even notice her. She's not accomplished (at least not since her childhood acting days); she's not educated nor does she have reasoned opinions about anything other than the most superficial and banal topics; she cannot express herself particularly well; and she is most certainly not gracious or even pleasant. When she appeared at Lisa Rinna's door the morning after the restaurant debacle I thought she had come to apologize. But during the ensuing conversation it became clear that she just wanted Lisa to apologize to her. Not once did Kim intimate that she had overstepped in threatening to expose some dark secret about the Rinna/Hamlin householdg. Not once did she acknowledge that she had insulted nearly everyone present in a tone that can only be described as malicious and vindictive. Instead, Kim appeared smug and remorseless and clearly unapologetic. Her concern was not for Lisa Rinna or for anyone other than herself. Bringing up her children and how they will be hurt by Lisa's comments was disingenuous and, frankly, a cheap shot. Kim thinks that if she says the word "children" her intentions suddenly become pure. Kim has spent over 20 years neglecting and embarrassing her children. She didn't need Lisa's help to accomplish that. In the end Lisa doesn't need an apology from Kim. It would be nice, but Lisa has a lot more going on in her life than a quest for Kim Richards' approval. Kim needs that apology. Kim needs to experience the emotional process that comes with looking at her own behavior, finding it inappropriate and doing what she can to rectify the situation. Without that humility, she will never be sober no matter how long she is drug and alcohol free.

Goddamn, goddamn, I said, goddamn!!!!! Goddamn. ( Tarantino.) Favorite post of the year on Kim.

I find Kim's sheer inability in this episode to either accept or give an apology to be almost disturbing. In this episode we actually see her claim that she accepted the apology when she did no such thing. I found that to be beyond irritating. Even when Yolanda called her on it Kim tried to argue with her even though Yolanda has shown herself to be objective about the situation. I don't think I've ever seen Kim put herself in the shoes of another person that she's having a disagreement with. I don't think I've ever seen her try to understand where another person is coming from when it comes to a conflict. 

Re: the part of your post that I put in bold--

I basically want to send you a case of something right now, Nannypants.

Kim expects other people to care more about how her children perceive her addiction issues than she does! Kim is possibly even worse than Brandi when it comes to accepting responsibility for her behavior. Even Brandi will at least pretend to own her behavior by occasionally saying that she was an asshole or a "dick" or whatever (while of course pointing out that she was only an asshole or a dick because of ______ reason/s). With Kim it's like it would never occur to her for a second that she'd done anything wrong. Kim's behavior is always okay because she's supposedly worked so hard at her sobriety. In her mind it's always everyone else who is being insensitive, mean, indiscreet, etc. When Kim is asked legitimate questions or she can't think of a sensible response to an honest question she'll then ask the person to worry about their own family in order to deflect. If Kim truly knows her behavior was inappropriate then she insists that other people can't acknowledge it because this will upset the grown children she has. 

I can't with this woman anymore. Thanks again for breaking it down, Nannypants.

During the second season I actually thought that Kim should be given a second chance. How many new chances and fresh starts should she be given in terms of this show? Frankly, I feel like there are probably other women in the LA area who would be more suitable to be apart of this franchise not to mention they'd be grateful to land a job that could offer them so many opportunities. Gratitude. Talk about something that Kim fucking lacks. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 15

I have watched this episode and the last one more times than I will admit ;-)   But, I think LisaR was reaching for Kim's mouth - like to grab cheeks to shut her up - she moved and it looked as if she was grabbing for her throat. 

Brandi seems to be way too stressed out by YO's edict that she behave.  She knows at any minute YO will be lecturing her again.    She just plain doesn't fit in with this group of women.  Her language, demeanor, clothes, everything just don't seem to fit in, and she's very aware that she's out of place.   She needs to go!   Kim, despite all her addiction, self-denial, etc. can pull it off because she has the financial backing (from alimony and family) to at least make a pretense of fitting in.   The rest of the women going to Brandi's for a house-warming for a rental is just pity support - and a "must do" for Bravo. 

OMG the clothes in the pic.  Wow.  I do think that LisaV looks "age appropriate", except for the shoes, which I can forgive.  Kim in the gold lame - brocade outfit looks dated, YO's cleavage key hole looks horrible, Kyle - those shoulder pads on your cape are straight from the 80's, and just no no no for Eileen.  I would have been ok with the dress, just the black tights look ridiculous. 

• Love 10

But, I think LisaR was reaching for Kim's mouth

She was. Kim moved her head real fast before LisaR could ever touch her face. The whole "LisaR grabbing Kim's throat" is right up there with "Kyle intentionally injured Brandi's arms with her claws."

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 13

Put Lisa's shoes on Eileen and get rid of Eileen's black tights for a natural leg, put Yolanda's shoes on Lisa and Eileen's on Yolanda, then put Kyle's caplet on Kim. OK, I feel better now.

• Love 7

I think another lesser degree why Brandi slapped LVP because during the 'nice game' LVP revealed Kyle would be the person she'll have fun with and they have the same principles in life. I wonder did that lowkey get under Brandi's skin. Shes been wanting to be the apple of LVP's eye and the person she hates the most is back in the position. Yet whos fault is that. Only Brandi has herself to blame she wanted to be a free agent away from LVP's influence or better yet "mothering."

• Love 9

These women have an uncanny ability to go from looking fresh and on point to looking like their husbands dressed them, from one day to the next.  It's so bizarre.  lol  I'm not sure I can even address them individually since all of it, alllll of it, is wrong.

As for Brandi, I'm just over her inappropriateness.  No, it wasn't a knockout slap, probably didn't leave a mark.  She clearly violated someone's personal space, when they had said no repeatedly.  Lisa R throwing the glass wasn't cool, but she did one thing, threw the glass down.  Brandi has done countless things, both physical, verbal, intimidating, etc.  

Agree and the way I see it is like this:  Kim and Lisa R. were going toe to toe with each other.  Both had the freedom and the opportunity to leave, and both chose to stay and escalate the situation.  If two people want to throw down, physically or verbally, then that's their right and their problem.  No one was chasing after the other, no one was holding the other down.  There was no actual physical contact between the two. 

With Brandi and Lisa V, Lisa was trying to get away.  Lisa was trying not to engage or escalate with Brandi.  Brandi was not only blocking Lisa from moving away from her, but was physically restraining her.  Brandi tried to kiss Lisa and actually succeeded in hitting her.  This was not two women "roughhousing" or being "playful" or even just plain fighting.  This was one person assaulting another person while they were trying to escape.  It doesn't matter how drunk Brandi was or how light the slap was.  It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks (including me).  It was not OK with Lisa.  Brandi had no right and no permission to put her hands or any other body part on Lisa.  I don't think (and I haven't seen anyone else say this) that this was the worst thing a person could do (on the scale of horrible things a person could do to another), nor do I think Lisa either under or over reacted to it.   But it wasn't OK with Lisa and that's enough for me.

To me, these situations are not even close to being similar.  And while I may side with Lisa R. over Kim, because I feel Kim was more in the wrong, I know that both were responsible for their part of the fight.  However, Brandi was 100% wrong and 100% responsible for restraining a fleeing women and putting her hands on her.  I was actually even more weirded out by Brandi trying to forcefully kiss Lisa than the slap, itself.  But maybe that's just because Brandi keeps moving closer and closer to skin-suit territory with her.  She needs to just go ahead and buy a Real Doll and name her Lisa so her transformation from Trailer Trash Brandi to Bat Shit Brandi will be complete.  And also, then she'll have someone to film with who won't mind how drunk she gets.  Creepy silver lining. lol

Okay, I lied up there.  I'm going say something about their outfits.  Eileen looks like cray-cray Susan Banks impersonating the usually fabulous Eileen Davidson.  Lisa needs to wear her dresses shorter so she shows more leg.  The high-waist, low hemline, huge platform heels look isn't doing her any favors.  I don't even know what Kyle is wearing.  Yo looks like a stewardess (don't ask me what I mean, I don't know).  Kim is Kim. 

• Love 12

These women have an uncanny ability to go from looking fresh and on point to looking like their husbands dressed them, from one day to the next.  It's so bizarre.  lol  I'm not sure I can even address them individually since all of it, alllll of it, is wrong.

Agree and the way I see it is like this:  Kim and Lisa R. were going toe to toe with each other.  Both had the freedom and the opportunity to leave, and both chose to stay and escalate the situation.  If two people want to throw down, physically or verbally, then that's their right and their problem.  No one was chasing after the other, no one was holding the other down.  There was no actual physical contact between the two. 

With Brandi and Lisa V, Lisa was trying to get away.  Lisa was trying not to engage or escalate with Brandi.  Brandi was not only blocking Lisa from moving away from her, but was physically restraining her.  Brandi tried to kiss Lisa and actually succeeded in hitting her.  This was not two women "roughhousing" or being "playful" or even just plain fighting.  This was one person assaulting another person while they were trying to escape.  It doesn't matter how drunk Brandi was or how light the slap was.  It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks (including me).  It was not OK with Lisa.  Brandi had no right and no permission to put her hands or any other body part on Lisa.  I don't think (and I haven't seen anyone else say this) that this was the worst thing a person could do (on the scale of horrible things a person could do to another), nor do I think Lisa either under or over reacted to it.   But it wasn't OK with Lisa and that's enough for me.

To me, these situations are not even close to being similar.  And while I may side with Lisa R. over Kim, because I feel Kim was more in the wrong, I know that both were responsible for their part of the fight.  However, Brandi was 100% wrong and 100% responsible for restraining a fleeing women and putting her hands on her.  I was actually even more weirded out by Brandi trying to forcefully kiss Lisa than the slap, itself.  But maybe that's just because Brandi keeps moving closer and closer to skin-suit territory with her.  She needs to just go ahead and buy a Real Doll and name her Lisa so her transformation from Trailer Trash Brandi to Bat Shit Brandi will be complete.  And also, then she'll have someone to film with who won't mind how drunk she gets.  Creepy silver lining. lol

Okay, I lied up there.  I'm going say something about their outfits.  Eileen looks like cray-cray Susan Banks impersonating the usually fabulous Eileen Davidson.  Lisa needs to wear her dresses shorter so she shows more leg.  The high-waist, low hemline, huge platform heels look isn't doing her any favors.  I don't even know what Kyle is wearing.  Yo looks like a stewardess (don't ask me what I mean, I don't know).  Kim is Kim. 

A further view of Kyle's dress I will post on Kyle's site.

She's not getting a pass from me.

Eileen%20Halloween_zpsm24km7ar.jpg

I do love Haloween but in this case not so much. On the hose debate I wore them for decades, corporate world, but never ever ever any more. Edited by chlban

Kyle's Blog is Up

Later that night on the boat, everything seemed so fake. Yes, I wanted to be able to put everything aside, and many times I can, but I simply needed more time. When Brandi went around the table and said Lisa V slept with half of LA, insinuated Lisa R has an eating disorder, and called Eileen a home wrecker, it was her way of taking a “back door” jab at all of us. Whenever Brandi says something damaging about someone's character or reputation, she says she is joking. She just wants to put it out there and hope people believe those “jokes.” I was spared because Eileen cut Brandi off when she said, “Don’t call me a home wrecker. Don’t put that out there.” I can only imagine what was in store for me. Kim was quick to defend Brandi saying she was joking. However, none of us were laughing.

When Brandi started going off on me again with her verbal attacks, I just wanted to say what I was feeling and walk away from her. Brandi seems annoyed when she tells me she is “stuck in the middle” of Kim and me. She is in the middle because she is constantly putting herself in the middle where she doesn’t belong. Why doesn't she remove herself and let me and my sister try to work things out instead of constantly being in her ear trying to turn against me? She keeps saying that she is her friend and has been there for Kim. What exactly has she done for her? Kim was angry with me the first night in Amsterdam for not defending her, but she has yet to defend me with Brandi. Not once. Here was another chance, but she sat quietly until I left the table.

When Lisa R told Kim, "I love you,” I thought I would fall off my chair. In a town where people throw the “L” word around way too freely, I have always felt that love is a strong word. Reserved for people we truly love and care about. I think Lisa was perhaps just trying to fix things between her and Kim, but it certainly felt out of place.

When it finally came time for Brandi to hear what we had to say about her, she just couldn’t hear it. Like I said in my interview, I don’t think she always likes herself all that much. In that moment, I felt bad for Brandi. Then, just when I started feeling sympathetic towards her, she goes and slaps Lisa V. Another “joke” at someone else’s expense. The evening before I was chastised for touching her arm while talking to her. Also, earlier on the boat, she said that my touching people while I talked to them was the same as hitting them! Is this the same person that went on and on last week about hypocrisy? She may want to look up the definition.

• Love 3

I agree with Kyle about Lisar throwing out the "I love you, Kim."  Is that the same way Lisar loves cake or shopping?  becauseI think that was the phoniest line of the season.  I remember Yolanda getting a bit of crap for saying, "well love is a strong word."  It is and had no place on this show between combatants.  Kim and Kyle love each other as sisters, the rest is a bit unconvincing.  Lisar phoniness is causing me to distrust her.  Maybe it is just her desire to be center stage in an all ready crowded cast of stars, whatever the reason it is not working for me. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 11

I thought Brandi had a weird little moment with Kim last night. When the women left the table, and Kim started her

creaky-voiced crying (which I hate the look and sound of -- always feels more like she's leaking self pity than real

tears) at that point, Brandi looked at Kim with..not quite contempt, but something unpleasant and borderline impatient

(as if saying, “I do all this for you – and this is the thanks I get? More whining about fighting?”)

I noticed this moment too but the way I interpreted it was Brandi realising she was stuck with the loser of the group which also makes her a loser (not that we didn't know that before).  She is no longer part of the 'cool' group and I doubt there's any was back in the future either.  At least Kim has the advantage of being related to Kyle hence more difficult to get rid of.  When Brandi was looking over at snivelling Kim all I could see was contempt.

• Love 10

Why can't these ladies dress?!?!? Why oh why? Yo looks like she grabbed something from her old Snag A Rich Man collection. Kyle looks like she's about to star in The Craft 2: Still A Witch After All These Years. Kim needs a bra. Eileen looks insane. LisaV looks ok, but the shoes should never leave the strip club, man she loves herself some hooker heels.

What's up with Kyle and all the stupid capes?  That's the third one on this trip that I've counted. LisaV dressed age-appropriately but yes she loves her hooker heels but I've heard her complain about her aching feet several times. Fashion over comfort I guess.

Dutch soccer team, in orange of course

tumblr_mb6tdfFGPL1qkjn8jo1_400_original.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 1

That scene from the canal tour when Brandi insisted the women say nice things about each other reminded me of the time that Camille, Taylor, and Adrienne were on WWHL and Andy played that game with them where they had to say three nice things about Brandi Glanville.

Obviously WWHL happened long after the season was filmed, but I do wonder if Brandi was maybe thinking her game would happen somewhat like that. With the women struggling to find nice things to say about each other and even offering backhand compliments instead of sincere ones. And when that didn't happen and she could actually see that these women had bonded with each other without her and that no matter how fucked up Kim and Kyle's relationship was, they would always love each other even if they didn't like each other at the moment. She freaked out when it became her turn to receive compliments.

Suddenly she didn't want to hear what nice things these women had to say about her. She would never accept any of it as sincere because she knew she didn't have a place with them. Even if they said sincerely nice things, she would never be able to believe them because she knew she had damaged any relationships she had had with them so much. I think that is when it clicked with her that she lifts right out of the group and that is why she freaked.

ETA: I also think that realization was what made her so desperate to share some sort of intimacy with Lisa V on camera hence the invading her space trying to force a kiss and then the slap.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 11

What's up with Kyle and all the stupid capes?  That's the third one on this trip that I've counted. LisaV dressed age-appropriately but yes she loves her hooker heels but I've heard her complain about her aching feet several times. Fashion over comfort I guess.

I think she the black one shown here and is one and the same as the one made memorable on her flight scene from the dinner table and she had  blue one. I thought the cape, coupled with the Chanel cuff gave it a Wonder Woman vibe in the photo.  I think the cape statement has been made. Maybe it is a packing thing.  A couple of season ago The Countess and Carole were arguing over the fact that both of them were wearing capes. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1