Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I can't see why the Amish builders, who are not part of Jill's church or even her world and who know the value of their craft, would build a two-story addition to her house for free. Jill has nothing to barter (pots of beige slop? a comely daughter or two? a son who would love to work in the fields all day?). The building materials are expensive, and I suspect the builders intend to get paid a fair wage. If Jill and David stiff the builders, everyone knows where they live. 

If the building is going on, the men are probably glad to see Jill away for a month, so they can work in peace. 

The Amish are not stupid. They aren't going to do work for her for free. She is not of their church. Maybe some of her "sweet friends" are paying for it? Or maybe she was able to convince them that they have no money, show off the skinny children.... etc.... ? 

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

The Amish are not stupid. They aren't going to do work for her for free. She is not of their church. Maybe some of her "sweet friends" are paying for it? Or maybe she was able to convince them that they have no money, show off the skinny children.... etc.... ? 

I agree. The Amish aren't working for free. As to how the Rods got the money, who knows? I wouldn't be surprised if they grifted some or all of it. I wouldn't put it past them to have touched Nathan for a contribution to the cause. 

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

The grifters probably paid half, left town and when they return to the finished building, will claim it unacceptable and not pay the balance.  It happens.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Jill's friends aren't that sweet, that wealthy, or that stupid (I hope). The people in her church are probably tapped out by now.

Jill's shopping and building craze began when the government checks started coming in. What's the probable cost of this addition, assuming David does the interior with cheap or grifted material? Seven to eight thousand (including concrete slab and roof)? I'm just guessing. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill's friends aren't that sweet, that wealthy, or that stupid (I hope). The people in her church are probably tapped out by now.

Jill's shopping and building craze began when the government checks started coming in. What's the probable cost of this addition, assuming David does the interior with cheap or grifted material? Seven to eight thousand (including concrete slab and roof)? I'm just guessing. 

Sure the interior work will be dollar store work. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

That's funny that Alyssa slacks in the kitchen and Erin doesn't. Alyssa and Michaela were the only kids that helped in the kitchen and Erin didn't know how to cook when she got married.

I guess dressing those girls, putting on make-up, taking pictures and making videos takes up too much time. 😁

she probably saw it as a chore and now she doesn't have anyone forcing her to cook anymore. 

Edited by lianau
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, lianau said:

she probably saw it as a chore and now she doesn't have anyone forcing her to cook anymore. 

But according to KJ Alyssa volunteered (sarcasm)! I can see Michaela volunteering, no way would Alyssa cook for the horde without being told, or guilted.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, SMama said:

But according to KJ Alyssa volunteered (sarcasm)! I can see Michaela volunteering, no way would Alyssa cook for the horde without being told, or guilted.

KJ “ok Alyssa, do you volunteer to cook or vacuum?”

• LOL 5
30 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

8B1D0E10-609F-48EE-95DF-F31C12281DCD.jpeg

I wish I had known that they were in KY.  I would’ve been there, if it was fairly close to where I live.  Speaking of that, I wonder why she never advertises where they’re going to be?  She’s always talking about wanting to share the Word and get people saved, yet she never invites people to come to the church where they’re performing/preaching.  I don’t understand that!

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I wish I had known that they were in KY.  I would’ve been there, if it was fairly close to where I live.  Speaking of that, I wonder why she never advertises where they’re going to be?  She’s always talking about wanting to share the Word and get people saved, yet she never invites people to come to the church where they’re performing/preaching.  I don’t understand that!

She used to. Then Jill put out some cryptic post on her blog saying they would no longer be providing their schedule. My guess is DCF showed up at one of their church stops. 

• Useful 9
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Yeah I think she wised up and realized it's not a good idea to post their schedule for the entire world to see.  Who knows what heathens may show up and harrass them???

Oh! The persecution!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Zella said:

For all of her bluster, I think Jill is a pretty classic bully who is not interested in a fair fight. So, she'd much rather ambush innocent bystanders when she wants to rather than be the not-so-innocent one who gets ambushed by people who are ready and eager to call her out on her bullshit. So, yeah, I can see why she stopped advertising where she was going to be before the fact. 

It also makes it easier for her to spin her side of her stories if she doesn't invite potential rebuttal witnesses. 

I think you have nailed it. She's got to keep control, and that outweighs anything she'd gain by putting her schedule out there on social media.

• Love 6

A church in MS posted that the Rodriguez (ha!) family would be performing on 8/11. It must kill Jill to see her name misspelled. 😂

Forgot to mention, there have been rumors that Kaylee is courting. Her intended attends said church in MS. 

• Useful 9
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

What I did notice about Alyssa’s dinner posts (two in a row) is that she uses paper plates and dishes.  Yet she has a dishwasher. I don’t get it.

In other Bates news it’s Lawson’s birthday.  He appears to be in Hawaii with Tiffany. 

• Useful 6
1 minute ago, 3 is enough said:

What I did notice about Alyssa’s dinner posts (two in a row) is that she uses paper plates and dishes.  Yet she has a dishwasher. I don’t get it.

In other Bates news it’s Lawson’s birthday.  He appears to be in Hawaii with Tiffany. 

That’s me! If I’m just making myself a sandwich or hot dog, pizza or something, I’ll use a paper plate. It’s just easier to toss it sometimes. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

For years, my mother put paper plates on top of her regular plates so she didn't have to wash dishes.  She would get the super cheap ones at Costco.  Once in a while, for a quick microwave hot dog, sandwich, or a piece of pizza it makes sense, but not every.single.meal.  For years.  They would get soggy, and it would be hard to eat things like spaghetti or anything with any moisture.  You kind of ended up with cheap paper plate paper in your food.  She would stack her plates in the cupboard with a paper plate on each one, all ready to go.  She had a dishwasher, too.  Alyssa may think this is a cool idea, just like my mom.  I use my dishwasher when I get a full load.  I like eating on real dishes for most things.

• Love 10

Like @zenme, we have a dishwasher, but we use paper plates for pretty much anything you don't use utensils for, e,g, sandwiches, pizza, etc. But there's only three of us living in the home now.

Kelly Bates confuses me. She did a Q & A with Josie's followers and said Woodlawn is her favorite movie. She also has a sister who is Black. The confusing part is, the Bates used to have themed rooms in their house and the "Patriotic Room" had two Confederate soldiers on the wall with a plaque saying "God Bless America". And if I'm remembering correctly they said they named Nathan after one of them.

Is she clueless? Or is she repairing her image?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Like @zenme, we have a dishwasher, but we use paper plates for pretty much anything you don't use utensils for, e,g, sandwiches, pizza, etc. But there's only three of us living in the home now.

Kelly Bates confuses me. She did a Q & A with Josie's followers and said Woodlawn is her favorite movie. She also has a sister who is Black. The confusing part is, the Bates used to have themed rooms in their house and the "Patriotic Room" had two Confederate soldiers on the wall with a plaque saying "God Bless America". And if I'm remembering correctly they said they named Nathan after one of them.

Is she clueless? Or is she repairing her image?

Hopefully she’s clueless. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Huh.  I have been wanting to go to Hawaii for years, but it's a lot of money.  For these people, going to Hawaii just means it's a Tuesday in July or whatever and they have nothing better to do.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, zenme said:

That’s me! If I’m just making myself a sandwich or hot dog, pizza or something, I’ll use a paper plate. It’s just easier to toss it sometimes. 

Paper plates are usually for breakfast (bagel, toast) and easy foods too. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

8B1D0E10-609F-48EE-95DF-F31C12281DCD.jpeg

Maybe this is from a video, but couldn't Jill find a shot that makes Babe look like he's not passing gas? 

What are those two boxes on the cross? I imagine they are for collecting money, but I can't read the signs on them. 

• LOL 7
45 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Maybe this is from a video, but couldn't Jill find a shot that makes Babe look like he's not passing gas? 

What are those two boxes on the cross? I imagine they are for collecting money, but I can't read the signs on them. 

It’s a screenshot from a video 

I think the boxes are for collecting $$$ 

• Useful 1

so they went there why? So Jilly could feel superior and preach to the kids about how wrong everything was about the place/people? Happy 18th there Philly.

I put my money on they didn't pay the admission and went for the suggested donation of $10 per car for hiking around the site, and since it was a suggestion, they probably left a tract

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

so they went there why? So Jilly could feel superior and preach to the kids about how wrong everything was about the place/people? Happy 18th there Philly.

I put my money on they didn't pay the admission and went for the suggested donation of $10 per car for hiking around the site, and since it was a suggestion, they probably left a tract

She’s both ignorant and arrogant, so I’m guessing she assumed the Shakers are just like her idols, the Amish and she wasn’t prepared for the hilarious truth.

• Love 16

Yes, Jill wouldn't find much in common with Shakers.  They believed in celibacy, pacifism, equality of men and women, and communal ownership of property.  They also believed work was a gift to God.

I'll always remember a PBS documentary about Shakers that it turns out was an early film by Ken Burns in 1984.  It had  beautiful cinematography.

• Useful 11
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She's doing her eyebrows differently.

She probably took the kid's stimulus money and had them tattooed back on, after all those years of over-plucking.

1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

She’s both ignorant and arrogant, so I’m guessing she assumed the Shakers are just like her idols, the Amish and she wasn’t prepared for the hilarious truth.

She most likely thinks the only thing the Shakers ever did is invent the white kitchen cabinets that are the big trend on HGTV.

• LOL 16
17 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

It's interesting how people in cults are very quick to call out other possible cults but are oblivious to their own situation. 

Qill  is a member of a couple cults but sees none of it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

When I saw the Joash box I thought it was a collection box for Josh Duggar.

Beyond the boxes to collect money they obviously have never read the entire story of Joash.  He gets the money, turns away/turns his people away from the lord, has a prophet killed and gets killed and wasn't allowed to be buried in the royal tombs.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Chronicles 24&version=CEV

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 13
  • Love 1
(edited)

I went to the Shakers Place in KY years ago and I admit I enjoyed it, but I wasn't an 18-year-old boy celebrating my birthday.  Poor Philip.  
Also her calling the Shakers a cult. The Rods were grifting for money at that church in KY.  I don't think that is very Christ like either.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 23
48 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

I went to the Shakers Place in KY years ago and I admit I enjoyed it, but I wasn't an 18-year-old boy celebrating my birthday.  Poor Philip.  
Also her calling the Shakers a cult. The Rods were grifting for money at that church in KY.  I don't think that is very Christ like either.  

I’m furious at her for calling the Shakers a cult! 🤬 She really knows nothing about the Shakers.  She judges everyone.  And she’s had a huge hand in making 13 offspring who are her clones. ☹️

• Love 21