Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

And then Jill forced Sofia to hug the other 2. Voluntary Group hug my ass. Jill is awful. Also the mom of the other girl should have said don’t tape my kid and don’t post the video on Facebook. Clearly the non Rod girl was miserable.

5-year-old Sofia was still packing around her filthy security blanket, sucking her thumb and looking like she has terminal cancer.  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

5-year-old Sofia was still packing around her filthy security blanket, sucking her thumb and looking like she has terminal cancer.  

Maybe she does it’s not like Jilldo will take her to a pediatrician doctor anytime soon. She is too busy shopping for grandfather clocks and cheap extensions.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

Jim Bob had a real job (actually, jobs, and so did Michelle) and worked hard when he was young. Gil did too, before he dumped Nabisco in favor of trimming trees and getting hospitals to write off ER bills.

FWIW, John works for his father’s HVAC business so not working “for the man.” Looks less likely to stop working and grift for a living. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Too bad Jill’s face didn’t get frozen like that forever ! 

61499456-FF5E-4FA2-845C-CE1AB288CFF3.jpeg

Her extensions look awful !

Why is JillR so fond of these “funny face” photos? Seems like she is always posting them. Half the time she’s in church, seems disrespectful to me, but then again I’m not the right kind of Christian according to JillR.

• Love 23
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

What does JillR mean saying, "We heard the baby's heart beating yesterday"?

i assumed the were on facetime or something during visit for an ultrasound. that is a thing now at 12 weeks on. also the strip mall ultrasound things are like $60

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Why is JillR so fond of these “funny face” photos? Seems like she is always posting them. Half the time she’s in church, seems disrespectful to me, but then again I’m not the right kind of Christian according to JillR.

There is something seriously wrong with an adult woman who makes these faces and posts them over and over. 

• Love 19
19 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

While I don't begrudge starving children getting a treat, Jill is the most disgusting grifter I've ever seen. She could've easily bought those kids shoes with her stimulus money.

But then, how would you know that these are poor missionaries that depend on the largesse of others to support them? 

What stimmy money? 🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Personally, I would be HUMILIATED if someone (not family) bought all of my children shoes and clothing. I would take that as an outward sign that I’m failing as a parent and others see that. 

my grandparents took us for "school shoes" every fall and then again for a next pair at christmas. my kids never understood why my siblings and I were excited about shoes as a gift. It was because we were poor and there was no money for shoes. I am thankful they never had to have that experience, I buy shoes for my grands because there are 4 kids and taking them one at a time and spending time to let them try on things and decide is something they like to do.

Jilly blows money on dumb shit all the time, They have money for date nights, weekend get aways, tacky Hobby Lobby/dollar store decor, jetted bathtub with separate water heater etc.

jill is so blatantly shameless with the grift, I am sure they "prayed for shoes" and the lord provided (a sucker who bought shoes)

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 23
45 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

While I don't begrudge starving children getting a treat, Jill is the most disgusting grifter I've ever seen. She could've easily bought those kids shoes with her stimulus money.

Yep.She has the kids wear their,old,tattered shoes,so someone will buy them new ones and she doesn't have to.The money is all for Jill

• Love 4

Jill can be persecuted but not humiliated. She deserves everything she wants and needs--and more. If she gets denied, people are just being mean to her. 

I can see how this grifting lifestyle works for her personality. All she has to do is beg. If her kids go hungry, it's somebody else's fault. If she wants a vacation, she earned it. 

• Love 4

also i see lots of pics of the nails but 0 pics of anyone in new shoes. was it just the pic of renee and kaylee and one of them holding a shoe box? I am thinking only those 2 maybe got new shoes

10 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

also i see lots of pics of the nails but 0 pics of anyone in new shoes. was it just the pic of renee and kaylee and one of them holding a shoe box? I am thinking only those 2 maybe got new shoes

They are probably carrying Jill's new shoes, all the kids having begged the benefactor to purchase shoes for the World's Best Mama rather than for them.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't know how many of you are parents, but Alyssa Bates posted an IG story showing her dining area. Its a glass table w/white upholstered chairs and benches. I don't know of one parent who would chose that with a houseful of kids.

You mean the dinning area right?  😂😂😂

• LOL 9
5 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Is it me or did her eyebrows get even worse

I laughed so hard when I saw those eyebrows!  She almost looks Victorian to me.

I really wish she would trim those frayed, damaged, uneven hair ends.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, louannems said:

I laughed so hard when I saw those eyebrows!  She almost looks Victorian to me.

I really wish she would trim those frayed, damaged, uneven hair ends.

Is one of the Keller (non fundie) man married to a hairstylist? If I’m not making this up it would be nice if she lend a hand to poor Nurie. Nathan has two sisters who left the fold and look well put together. They should take Nurie under their wing and Nathan trusts them (I hope). Once he sees well groomed eyebrows and hair, and natural make up he’d be a fool to object. Screw Jill and her crappy, outdated look. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yup, they all got new shoes, size 8 ladies - Jill's size.

Jill will have them clomping around in shoes too big so ppl will think they STILL need money for shoes

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, sondraK said:

Jill will have them clomping around in shoes too big so ppl will think they STILL need money for shoes

Sounds like a man I briefly babysat for, over twenty years ago.  Story under spoiler so you don't have to wade through it if you don't want to.

Spoiler

He was a single parent with three kids, and I soon learned there wasn't a trick he didn't know about how to get people to buy and do things for him.

One day when he dropped of his kids, he asked if he could store two filled garbage bags in my garage.  A few days later he came and got them back.  

He bragged that he'd taken all of his and the kids newest clothes and toys and hid them because he mom was visiting from out of state.  He knew that she'd clean his house and do the laundry, then she'd see that they were poorly dressed, and before she left she'd buy them all new wardrobes and some toys for the kids.

I was saddened to see that his oldest and the five year old already understood what was happening and never told their grandma the truth.  The oldest, all of 9 years old, told me that smart people always tried to get others to pay for stuff, and if someone was dumb enough to be fooled, they deserve what happened next.

Then I found out what happens to someone who refuses to play along when this man asked me to sign some paperwork saying he was behind on his daycare payments.  I was paid by the state, so he wasn't responsible for anything, but there was a private charity that would pay for daycare, up to $500, once a year.  Single parents, parents who were disabled or had disabled children, etc were given priority.  He said he'd give me 10% of any money he got.  I refused, and he pulled his kids a few days later.  

Within days, I was informed he'd complained about me to the child care council and they sent a person out to inspect my house and yard, and interview the parents of the other kids I sat for.  Then the USDA sent out an inspector who arrived without notice to check out what I was giving the kids for lunch, and poked through my kitchen cabinets and fridge to check if I had enough food in the house, and check the dates on my perishables.  I received a notice from the school this man's oldest kid went to, telling me that he'd pulled his permission to allow me to pick up his kid in an emergency.  I didn't care about that, because I was sure he'd never call me for that anyway.  But the notice went on to say that this man told them I was trying to make the kids think I was their mom, and he was afraid I'd try to take his kid from school, so I was notified that if I were spotted near or on school grounds, legal matters would be taken.

All of his complaints were proven to be unfounded, but it was a big factor in me deciding to quit doing daycare and get a job outside the home.  

2 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Sounds like a man I briefly babysat for, over twenty years ago.  Story under spoiler so you don't have to wade through it if you don't want to.

Hide contents

He was a single parent with three kids, and I soon learned there wasn't a trick he didn't know about how to get people to buy and do things for him.

One day when he dropped of his kids, he asked if he could store two filled garbage bags in my garage.  A few days later he came and got them back.  

He bragged that he'd taken all of his and the kids newest clothes and toys and hid them because he mom was visiting from out of state.  He knew that she'd clean his house and do the laundry, then she'd see that they were poorly dressed, and before she left she'd buy them all new wardrobes and some toys for the kids.

I was saddened to see that his oldest and the five year old already understood what was happening and never told their grandma the truth.  The oldest, all of 9 years old, told me that smart people always tried to get others to pay for stuff, and if someone was dumb enough to be fooled, they deserve what happened next.

Then I found out what happens to someone who refuses to play along when this man asked me to sign some paperwork saying he was behind on his daycare payments.  I was paid by the state, so he wasn't responsible for anything, but there was a private charity that would pay for daycare, up to $500, once a year.  Single parents, parents who were disabled or had disabled children, etc were given priority.  He said he'd give me 10% of any money he got.  I refused, and he pulled his kids a few days later.  

Within days, I was informed he'd complained about me to the child care council and they sent a person out to inspect my house and yard, and interview the parents of the other kids I sat for.  Then the USDA sent out an inspector who arrived without notice to check out what I was giving the kids for lunch, and poked through my kitchen cabinets and fridge to check if I had enough food in the house, and check the dates on my perishables.  I received a notice from the school this man's oldest kid went to, telling me that he'd pulled his permission to allow me to pick up his kid in an emergency.  I didn't care about that, because I was sure he'd never call me for that anyway.  But the notice went on to say that this man told them I was trying to make the kids think I was their mom, and he was afraid I'd try to take his kid from school, so I was notified that if I were spotted near or on school grounds, legal matters would be taken.

All of his complaints were proven to be unfounded, but it was a big factor in me deciding to quit doing daycare and get a job outside the home.  

Wow.Sry that happened to you

• Love 7
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Nuri isn’t wearing her wedding ring. People might think she is pregnant and unmarried. 

I think that's one of those mirror image selfies (look at the text on the wall in the background), so that's her right hand holding up the camera and her left hand cradling her baby bump. We can't see the entire left hand; she may be wearing her wedding ring.

• Love 5

It’s interesting how Jill hasn’t posted about Nurie’s new home. Not that she should but that woman has no boundaries. No posts about Nurthan’s SEVERELY gorgeous and tastefully decorated home. I don’t care if they live in an RV, so have the Rods most of their time, but something is off. I wish Nathan would stop lavishing the Rods with his hard earned money and start taking care of his family. 

• Love 12
21 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Shrek doesn’t have one iota of shame.  

52 minutes ago, SMama said:

It’s interesting how Jill hasn’t posted about Nurie’s new home. Not that she should but that woman has no boundaries. No posts about Nurthan’s SEVERELY gorgeous and tastefully decorated home. I don’t care if they live in an RV, so have the Rods most of their time, but something is off. I wish Nathan would stop lavishing the Rods with his hard earned money and start taking care of his family. 

They live in a camper.  Jill probably wants to keep that under wraps.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, SMama said:

I'm surprised she hasn't grifted for them.But then again,all the money is for Jill

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Reveal spoiler

Sry that happened to you.

I used the word clomping,as it reminded me of something that happened in grade school.This girl came to school barefoot,saying her dog had chewed up her shoes.So her mom sent her to school anyway! That's a big NO,even for public school.The teacher sent her to the office,where they found a pair of shoes in the lost and found box.They were a big pair of red semi high heels,way too big for her.She literally clomped around in them all day! Idk who got her shoes,but she came to school the next day wearing some that fit her.That never happened again.Thk goodness

• Love 1

Not to take up for Jill, but do we know for sure she got a stimulus check? I thought they were anti all that, hence being the reason the hunk (blech) doesn't have a real job.