Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshots from video, they apologized for how long it’s been. They said they’ve been traveling and haven’t done anything. 

D9599F0D-0C8B-4D9B-947D-091D924A708D.jpeg

CD0FE47A-91F0-47C6-B7C1-51257C3BC8CC.jpeg

Are these earrings pierced through one of the daughter's skinny necks ?

Whenever I see handcrafted  earrings, the first thing I check to see is if they are mirror images of  each other.....If they're not, then they're cheaply made.

These are such pure crap. Those poor kids. Dollar Tree has a "crafts section" now. Also disposable aluminum pans. Just sayin'.

1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why aren’t baseball caps considered “men’s clothing?”

Because Mama made the crafting waifs glue beads along the edge of the brim.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

JRod has a new video that shows every one of the Rod children taking a bite of food.  It looked like a big 🖕🏻from Jill to her “haters”.  Of course they were at Zaxby’s with church members who, I’ll bet, bought the Rods dinner.

Did it show them taking the bite or actually eating it? Cuz we all know they probably had to spit it out once Jill got her point across. 

• Love 4
(edited)

If my dad worked on Sat.,my mom made us get out of our PJ's before he came home at noon. Like sitting around in them watching cartoons all morning not dressed in day clothes was unacceptable,so I always let my kids do it.My mom didn't require we wear makeup,though.Of course,I was too young for it at that point

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Triple P said:

My grandmother, a very proper Southern lady, never left the house without makeup even when we were on a road trip and would be sitting in the car all day.

My sweet grandmother, a very proper Bronx lady, NEVER left the house without her lipstick, “rouge” and fragrance.  When one of us would make the trip to the Bronx to drive her to Long Island for a visit, we would have to wait until she was “ready” to go.  We used to kid her about the makeup, asking her if she was doing it for the toll collector at the Throgs Neck (or Whitestone) Bridge.  She would giggle and shake her head.  We wonder now how we would ever explain EZ Pass to her.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, beckie said:

Did it show them taking the bite or actually eating it? Cuz we all know they probably had to spit it out once Jill got her point across. 

I am certain the children ate the food since it was FREE. Or at least that one bite... No way Jill would buy that much food/drinks with her $.

The hostages look so malnourished it’s scary. 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Oh, FFS.

What does that mean?

25 minutes ago, katycat74 said:

I look more pregnant after I eat lunch, just sayin..

I’m about to birth twins cheese and wine ! I look more pregnant than her. 

She might actually show in 4 months since she is so skinny. Unless it’s twins. 

What kind of phone is Nurie holding? Anyone know? Best HUBBY ever must have bought her a phone! 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

What does that mean?

Oh For Fuck’s Sake.

I have fallen off the F-word wagon again. However, sometimes nothing else will do.

Hey, Nurie. Your new eyebrows are crooked.

You’re welcome.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 19
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Where is Nurie standing? There are strange, low bunk beds beside her. Is this the Rods' RV--as in when Jill was still in Florida? 

Nurie should NEVER let BEST Mama near her with a pair of tweezers. Yikes. 

Nurthan live in a trailer or RV. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I think it has more to do with Jill's beautician background.  They are like walking billboards of Jill's exceptional cosmetics and hair talent.

I used to work with a lady who told me that for years after she was married, she would always be sure to wake up before her husband so she could go into the bathroom, put on full makeup and then go back to bed so when they woke up together she looked beautiful.

Wow!  sounds like a teenager or someone who's it's their first "time" with a guy.. I was like that (not so much makeup) but wanted to look good in the morning.. i was in my 20s.. but still.. why  did we have to be that crazy.

• Love 3

That's the Rod child I have the most concern for. I wonder if the Rod kids have some type of disordered eating. Unfortunately, although rare, very young children can struggle as well.

In happier news, the Alyssa Bates family of 6, bought a house. It looks like some type of split level, which in my experience is odd for FL, where most of the homes seem to be one level.

Maybe now Jessa and Erin will either add on to their existing homes or buy ones better suited for the size of their families.

• Love 13

Oh no. Alyssa Bates is putting two girls in each bedroom in their new home. She has a scrap book of reno projects and if I got the girls' names right, she's putting the oldest with the newborn. Kelly wasn't nearly as bad as Michelle at passing off adult/household/parenting responsibilities to her kids, but it looks like Alyssa may be.

And of course the Carlin family just hopped on a plane to FL.

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

In happier news, the Alyssa Bates family of 6, bought a house. It looks like some type of split level, which in my experience is odd for FL, where most of the homes seem to be one level.

I’m not a Bates fan, just never got into them. I watched the video of them touring the new house. They seem like a nice family. The pool is a concern to her, and I can understand that. The dad seems to be a patient guy. Of course I’m just going by one video. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 5
8 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Where is Nurie standing? There are strange, low bunk beds beside her. Is this the Rods' RV--as in when Jill was still in Florida? 

Nurie should NEVER let BEST Mama near her with a pair of tweezers. Yikes. 

I agree. Without those overplucked eyebrows and 80s hair, Nurie would look very pretty. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I agree. Without those overplucked eyebrows and 80s hair, Nurie would look very pretty. 

She also has the full face of thick makeup and the heavily penciled in brows in a strange color.

Nurie looked so pretty and refreshing before Jill showed up for a month.  I hope she lets her brows grow and eases up on the makeup now that BEST Mama is gone. 

9 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I thought about that. However, I clearly remember reading that before he got married, Nathan had bought a small (brick?) house he was fixing up. Did something fall through with the house, or was that just another one of Jill's lies? 

Probably Nurie doesn't mind too much since they are the only two in the RV, but the poor girl has already spent far too much of her life in the Rodmobile, with the baby cages, sleeping in shifts, and the single bathroom for 14 people. She might like a house or apartment without those associations, but Jill may keep Nathan too broke to ever buy a place. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

However, I clearly remember reading that before he got married, Nathan had bought a small (brick?) house he was fixing up. Did something fall through with the house, or was that just another one of Jill's lies? 

I recall a picture being posted of a house, but I believe it was to say Nathan is such a hard worker. Perhaps it was a job his landscaping business was involved with?

• Useful 3
6 minutes ago, louannems said:

I see Nurie's wedding gown crammed into that tiny RV closet.  Her eyebrows are just awful.  Is she sticking her butt out to make her bump appear bigger?

I don’t think that is her wedding gown. It looks like the white curtains are reflecting in the mirror.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

That's the Rod child I have the most concern for. I wonder if the Rod kids have some type of disordered eating. Unfortunately, although rare, very young children can struggle as well.

Maybe now Jessa and Erin will either add on to their existing homes or buy ones better suited for the size of their families.

I thought the Websters already owned a house? Anybody keeping track of dates for when the princess announces another pregnancy? 

Nathan may flat out not make enough money, or have insufficient income on paper, to afford even an apartment. 

9 minutes ago, Madtown said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again...This will be the longest pregnancy ever. Hopefully Nurie won't send the BEST MAMA EVER pictures every week to post.

She will! Or MAMA will make send her some. I see a weekly photo shoot with Nurie. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I thought the Websters already owned a house? Anybody keeping track of dates for when the princess announces another pregnancy? 

Nathan may flat out not make enough money, or have insufficient income on paper, to afford even an apartment. 

Their current house is a rental, the larger two-story home is the one they purchased and are renovating.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Heathen said:

The Websters lived in a 2 bedroom house they were renting. This house is a mansion compared to their rental. Alyssa just had a baby about a month ago.

Are the Kellers of the Gothard mindset still and will not rent from others?

I have to wonder what their Fundie community really thinks of this family. That woman has her arms around that poor child like she wants to snatch her up and save her...I wouldn’t be surprised if she gave her her roll.

Do they put up with Jill’s histrionics and Shrek’s lumpen sanctimony just because they feel so bad for the children? This isn’t a community that trusts the government, so they’re not going to call DCS. But do they talk behind the scenes and try to make sure they get the kids fed somehow at least a couple of times a month?

Do the women side-eye Jill’s lectures on having the Perfect Life For Jesus while her kids look like death warmed over? Or have they had skepticism and reality beaten out of them by adulthood?

• Love 15
(edited)

The amount of $ Nathan spends on the in laws cements them in the poor house permanently 

No way will the newlyweds will be able to afford a rental apartment or all the baby stuff

Hope they get a lot of presents at the baby shower 

The trailer is probably on the Keller lot/backyard 

Edited by iwantcookies
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Kelly wasn't nearly as bad as Michelle at passing off adult/household/parenting responsibilities to her kids, but it looks like Alyssa may be.

I think Kelly was as bad as Michelle, but just better at pretending to be involved. Granted the FreeJinger site might not be New York Times level reporting, but this is from the intro to the Bates page:

Gil and Kelly chose to utilize their eldest daughters as surrogate parents to their younger siblings, much as Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar did to the J'Slaves (Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger.) Kelly would assign the baby a buddy while still pregnant - the baby was handed off to their Sister-Mom after the birth (unlike Michelle Duggar who at least took care of baby for the first six months.) The eldest daughters were each responsible for helping to run the household as well. I don’t recall their exact responsibilities, but Alyssa (for example) was responsible for cooking for the entire family from a fairly young age and a good portion of her day was spent on that. 

The messed up effects were seen at Michael Bates' wedding in August 2015, when her younger sister (Callie) was shown sobbing inconsolably because the woman who raised her was leaving for Chicago, and again when Tori was married in December 2017, during which Judson was pictured being hugged by Tori while he sobbed hysterically. Their stellar parenting decisions were also on full display when they promoted books written by the Pearls on their old website. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I’m pretty sure that they live in an RV.  Nurthan’s offspring will be raised under the same awful conditions as the Rod offspring.  I’ll be damned if I would get pregnant when I couldn’t even afford decent housing.  These people are idiots.

• Love 5

I hope Nurthan aren't going to be living in that RV a dozen kids from now. Jill should help them grift a house big enough to accommodate their future blessings and, most importantly, their biggest blessing--BEST Momma! Of course, Jill still wants to build an addition on the barndo. I suppose we'll eventually hear if the recent singing tour yielded enough love offerings to start work. I'm curious how much money Jill was able to extract from the Kellers and the pastor with the nice boat. There's no way she didn't try. 

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The Websters lived in a 2 bedroom house they were renting. This house is a mansion compared to their rental. Alyssa just had a baby about a month ago.

Are the Kellers of the Gothard mindset still and will not rent from others?

At one point, the Websters lived in a pretty-damn-nice house, and I don't think it only had two bedrooms. I'm pretty sure it was owned, too. 

I'm aware she just had disappointment daughter #4. My question is when she'll announce another pregnancy in her quest for a son. 

18 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I think Kelly was as bad as Michelle, but just better at pretending to be involved. Granted the FreeJinger site might not be New York Times level reporting, but this is from the intro to the Bates page:

I've said it before -- the Bateseses are just Duggars in (very) slightly more aesthetically appealing packaging. And when I say slightly, I mean slight as in the slight difference between Nurie's right and left eyebrows. 

The Bateses may even have been worse in some respects. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 17
(edited)
23 hours ago, Zahdii said:

There was one of those fundy mothers that bragged about her daughters panicking if Daddy was coming home soon and they weren't all made up like a Godly young woman should be, so they'd rush off to make sure they were presentable.

Ugh, this is so creepy to me. Purity culture pushes this idea of Daddy being Husband #1 and it's so disgusting.

I was going to say, this is the man who changed their diapers, kissed their boo boos, and cleaned up when they got a stomach flu, he is not worrying about whether they've got eyeliner on. But I also doubt David actually did any of those things so... who the fuck knows.

1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

I have to wonder what their Fundie community really thinks of this family. That woman has her arms around that poor child like she wants to snatch her up and save her...I wouldn’t be surprised if she gave her her roll.

Honestly, that woman really does look like she wants to scoop that little girl up and feed her until her belly is fuller than it's ever been.

I do think that there are families out there that take the kids out for a meal because they want to see them eat. I have no doubt that this woman handed this little girl that bread roll. It reminds me of when you take a homeless person grocery shopping rather than just giving them cash lol.

Edited by rue721
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

The RodChild looks happy to get a hug too. I bet those are almost as scarce as food at the RodHouse. JillR is so awful and she's certainly not fooling any of us. I hope her "sweet friends" are onto the needs of those poor, starving children!

• Love 6

You know, Jill, if you’re going to continue to pretend your kids write these things you should at least change up the vocabulary a little. It’s not at all credible that every one of them would say the same exact four things every time...they are individuals. Officially.

Up your game, crazy lady.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

She will! Or MAMA will make send her some. I see a weekly photo shoot with Nurie. 

Nurie appears to have a nice cell phone,  so it's time to get her own social media.  Otherwise dearest mama will never let it go with invading their privacy to prove she's the bestest grandma ever!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
53 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I hope Nurthan aren't going to be living in that RV a dozen kids from now. Jill should help them grift a house big enough to accommodate their future blessings and, most importantly, their biggest blessing--BEST Momma! Of course, Jill still wants to build an addition on the barndo. I suppose we'll eventually hear if the recent singing tour yielded enough love offerings to start work. I'm curious how much money Jill was able to extract from the Kellers and the pastor with the nice boat. There's no way she didn't try. 

Nurthan needs to move to California (where you can do anything you want and JilR could not go there i.e. no money.. that would be the best situation

13 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

What does that mean?

I’m about to birth twins cheese and wine ! I look more pregnant than her. 

She might actually show in 4 months since she is so skinny. Unless it’s twins. 

What kind of phone is Nurie holding? Anyone know? Best HUBBY ever must have bought her a phone! 

Liar Liar Pants on Fire.. i looked like that after I ate dinner last night and i'm not skinny

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Honestly, i would send food to the littlest Rods.. (but i feel like Jill would stop it at the door and eat it herself.. saaaad.. but i would try.. I just want to cry about how underfed those sweet girls are. LET THEM GO TO SCHOOL! (if they can where they live)

foodforkids.jpg

foodforkids1.jpg

foodforkids2.jpg

Edited by Boston
ETA..save these poor children
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Alyssa’a husband actually works, unlike Bin.

• Love 10