Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Alyssa and John announced the name of the expected child due in February. They announced it on youtube by saying it and no one was sure what the name is. 

Today they posted it on Instagram. Maci Jo, sister to Allie Jane, Lexi Mae, and Zoey Joy.

Jo after Kelly Jo Bates and her mother. 

Alyssa's kids have a first cousin named Kaci, Zach's and Whitney's oldest daughter. 

So I guess her theme is having the names end with a long e sound and one syllable middle names.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Came across this article. It’s not new, it’s prior to Nurie’s wedding, but I didn’t see a date.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2020/06/timmy-and-jill-rodrigues-the-real-world-consequences-of-over-involved-parenting/amp/

Reading the article now. There is a reference to Tim buying a ring from a pawn shop, phrased as "we know that." I don't remember hearing that or discussing it here, and we're pretty on top of all the deets. Does anyone else know about where that information is coming from? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Reading the article now. There is a reference to Tim buying a ring from a pawn shop, phrased as "we know that." I don't remember hearing that or discussing it here, and we're pretty on top of all the deets. Does anyone else know about where that information is coming from? 

It was when he lived in WI and was rumored to have a girlfriend.

• Useful 1

I think that is when JillRod reeled TimBits back into the homestead. And he fell from grace. Nobody is going to court Timmay without Best Mama Ever’s approval.

And that approval will never happen.

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 2

Very interesting--thanks to all of you for your sleuthing! I'm . . . not sure what to make of that Google account for Tim. Is it him? Is it an elaborate prank account? Who knows! 

I remember the Redditor who was talking about Tim. Can we link to Reddit? I did find that again today, and I never could see that they were verified, though the pics they posted were obviously Tim. I'd love to hear from a verified source about what went down in Wisconsin and how he seemed at school. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

Very interesting--thanks to all of you for your sleuthing! I'm . . . not sure what to make of that Google account for Tim. Is it him? Is it an elaborate prank account? Who knows! 

I remember the Redditor who was talking about Tim. Can we link to Reddit? I did find that again today, and I never could see that they were verified, though the pics they posted were obviously Tim. I'd love to hear from a verified source about what went down in Wisconsin and how he seemed at school. 

I'm guessing its fake. We sleuth, we gather, we share, we speculate, we snark.

Many others (not from here) just make shit up.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Word. It was eye-opening to me when they had the one AMA a few months ago for someone claiming to have left Gothard. I'd like to think I have good instincts, but I bought it. Then quite a few people pointed out the similarities to Razing Ruth's stuff, and it was like, "Oh holy hell." LOL

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Whatever happened in Wisconsin, it was more than just the school's going online or even Tim's running out of money. He apparently had a job in a care center of some kind and was getting flying lessons. Jill suddenly went silent about Tim for several weeks (months?), and then he  appeared in Ohio (because he loves it there and it's great for flying). Nothing much more about him until he launched his singing career in a sad, Jill-produced home video. 

Jill has claimed he's in school, has a job, lives on the property but not in the house, and is taking flying lessons. Maybe. His appearances are carefully curated and mostly show him at church. Not all of these activities can be true, and Jill doesn't have the best relationship with facts. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Tim made friends with a girl at work in Wisconsin and was photographed. A courtship or ring wouldn't be necessary to send Jill into a fit. Just Tim in a group photo of smiling young people would do it. Jill freaked out at her loss of control and demanded he come home. Unfortunately, he did. Now, he's really stuck. He got a private pilot's license, so that's good, but becoming a missionary bush pilot is not apt to happen. 

Jill wants to brag about her kids' accomplishments, but she can't stand to let them go to do anything. I think Nurie is suffering from the wrath of Jill right now too. Jill will just keep running through her Rolodex of kids as long as she has the energy to do it. Poor kids. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

No clue. Could be fake, but if not, the ring could have been for a girl, or Jill. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

Could be fake, but if not, the ring could have been for a girl, or Jill. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Tim has been in the doghouse for awhile it seems for flaking out on Jill's birthday and Mother's Day. I could actually see him buying a ring for her as an attempt to pacify her.

16 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill wants to brag about her kids' accomplishments, but she can't stand to let them go to do anything. I think Nurie is suffering from the wrath of Jill right now too. Jill will just keep running through her Rolodex of kids as long as she has the energy to do it. Poor kids. 

Yes, this is so sad but so true. I think those poor kids are engaged in a never-ending battle royale for Jill's attentions because being mommy's favorite has its meager perks. The downside is she is always going to inevitably turn on the favorite. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Tim doesn't live with her so maybe it's just an outing with her sons who still live at home. 

But do we have any verification for that outside Jill's word? If Jill told me the sky was blue, I'd still look up to check because she's proven herself a shameless liar. 😄

• Love 22

Didn't she say he was on the property? My vote is for RV on the property, and that basically the only time he's not at the barndo is when he is sleeping in the RV. God, what a depressing sentence. 

• Love 12

She said Timothy was living nearby. She said the same thing about Nurie and Nathan’s proximity to his parents.

She hasn’t posted about Nurie since September 1st. That was the “remembrance video”.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4

the pic with the boys - just wow. they are what 17,15 and 14? and their day with mommy was wearing matching shirts like they were toddlers, going for a walk, and then ice cream.

these children are so doomed

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 8
48 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

the pic with the boys - just wow. they are what 17,15 and 14? and their day with mommy was wearing matching shirts like they were toddlers, going for a walk, and then ice cream.

these children are so doomed

It is obvious to me that Tim didn't get to go on the outing because they didn't have a fourth matching shirt! 🤣

• LOL 17

Those pictures are downright scary.

Dear Jill (in language you will understand)

You're hair is fried and is not healthy, you're kids need to be fed healthy food, you're mental health is suspect. Send you're kids to school.

The end

Edited by Chicklet
Dear God it's hard to type in Jill-speak.
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11