Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sweet201

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other TLC Families Thread)

About Timothy and his dark eyebrows...I went to elementary school with a girl with very blonde hair and very dark eyebrows.  All of it was natural, no hair dye involved.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

31 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

About Timothy and his dark eyebrows...I went to elementary school with a girl with very blonde hair and very dark eyebrows.  All of it was natural, no hair dye involved.

I have family with that look, too, and it is natural. They've looked that way since childhood.

For that reason, I've never really thought too much about the mismatch between his eyebrows and his hair color. I always just assumed it was natural. 

• Like 3

On 8/16/2019 at 11:41 AM, galaxychaser said:

Maybe she meant 15 apples? Plexus probably muddled her brain.

Timothys eyebrows don’t match the weird yellow hair at all.

I was going to mention the hair and eyebrows 

Why on earth is he dying his hair? That seems so weird for a fundie male

• Like 1

Abby and Tabby!  😄 Hope Abby made a better match than her sister. 

Elbow sex, handsex, and side hugs!  Love what these people resort to when they’re not allowed normal forms of affection. 

• Like 3

Abby and Tabby both worked as tutors. We know that Tabby was with the Duggars, but Kelly revealed that Abby was with the Bateses. So, neither mother is doing much, if any, homefooling these days.

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • Surprise 1

I felt forced to look up all the Paine kids' names after learning about Tabby/ Abby, and it turns out they also have a Gabby! (Well, OK, a Gabrielle, who apparently goes by "Brielle"...I wonder if her nickname was her choice as she got older, to avoid the rhyming?)

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I felt forced to look up all the Paine kids' names after learning about Tabby/ Abby, and it turns out they also have a Gabby! (Well, OK, a Gabrielle, who apparently goes by "Brielle"...I wonder if her nickname was her choice as she got older, to avoid the rhyming?)

One assumes that the other girls are Abigail and Tabitha, so there are some options in there to avoid rhyming as well if they cared to. I would personally try to pick names for my kids which didn't lend themselves so easily to making each sound like part of a set, but maybe that's what these families sort of aim for.

• Like 3

I'm afraid I'd be that mom that didn't notice that those names have rhyming nicknames. Tabitha, Gabrielle, and Abigail are perfectly nice names. Tabby, Gabby, and Abby has an even more cult-like feel.

My parents ended with a theme. Three syllables, ends in -a, but none of our shortened names ever rhymed.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

20 minutes ago, McManda said:

I'm afraid I'd be that mom that didn't notice that those names have rhyming nicknames. Tabitha, Gabrielle, and Abigail are perfectly nice names. Tabby, Gabby, and Abby has an even more cult-like feel.

My parents ended with a theme. Three syllables, ends in -a, but none of our shortened names ever rhymed.

They also have a sister named Hannah. Tabitha, Hannah, and Abigail are all biblical names.  Tabitha, as a name, would have stood out in the 80s, but Hannah, Abigail, and Gabrielle were all popular names of the time. 

Hannah, Abby, and Brielle are all married. Brielle got married earlier this year. They seemed to marry guys about their age, and who seem to be nice young men. 

57 minutes ago, Temperance said:

They also have a sister named Hannah. Tabitha, Hannah, and Abigail are all biblical names.  Tabitha, as a name, would have stood out in the 80s, but Hannah, Abigail, and Gabrielle were all popular names of the time  

I’m willing to be that Gabrielle is the odd one out for popular 80s names. 

Regardless, Abby, Tabby, and Gabby is crazy. How did they not think of this?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lukeysboat said:

I’m willing to be that Gabrielle is the odd one out for popular 80s names. 

Regardless, Abby, Tabby, and Gabby is crazy. How did they not think of this?

They have a lot more children with other names. The younger three sisters (Hannah, Abigail, and Gabrielle) were born in the 90s. Gabrielle was in the top 100 in the 1990s. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1

4 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

And from the one picture of the family together it looks as though Tabby has yet to bare a child/ren.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it. Hasn't her sex predator husband demonstrated interest in activity that doesn't result in pregnancy?

• Like 3
  • Sad 8

1 hour ago, Portia said:

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it. Hasn't her sex predator husband demonstrated interest in activity that doesn't result in pregnancy?

He has, yes. I still can't believe Tabitha married that guy. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Jill Rodrigues  has their house listed with an agent now. I guess Facebook Marketplace wasn’t working out.

It's pretty easy to find on Zillow if you have a vague idea of what you're looking for. Still the same price (which is still $5,000 over the (probably inaccurate) Zestimate), but the listing agent made the photos look way better than Jill's.

It just makes me sad that their property taxes last year were apparently $895. I have a 770 square foot condo and my taxes are almost $3,000. 😔

Edited by McManda
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, McManda said:

It's pretty easy to find on Zillow if you have a vague idea of what you're looking for. Still the same price (which is still $5,000 over the (probably inaccurate) Zestimate), but the listing agent made the photos look way better than Jill's.

It just makes me sad that their property taxes last year were apparently $895. I have a 770 square foot condo and my taxes are almost $3,000. 😔

It's crazy how much taxes differ. My in-laws moved from NJ to Delaware after my father-in-law's retirement as there was no way they were going to be able to afford to stay in NJ with its sky-high taxes. They built a nice, 1500 sq ft house which they were able to pay cash for (even though they sold their NJ house to one of their sons at a very reduced price), and had taxes of less than $400/year. Our taxes in CT, for a house maybe twice that size, are close to $9,000.

I'm still unaccountably steamed about the Rods selling their grifted house. I can see them taking their windfall and managing to monumentally waste it while their poor kids never see an extra morsel of food.

• Like 8
  • Sad 6

On 8/16/2019 at 11:26 PM, riverblue22 said:

I had a friend in HS with naturally blond hair and dark eyebrows. It happens. A few years after graduation, she did dye her hair black. She looked great that way too. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, sondraK said:

Isn't WV a very poor state? I guess they don't expect their residents can pay much for taxes

Yes, it is indeed very poor, with many poorly-educated residents who are meth/opiate-addicted.

• Sad 2

Curiouser and curiouser. That home has three full bathrooms. And the bedroom spaces are not terribly small. There is also enough dining room space to have two tables. Don't get me wrong it's ugly AF, but where in the world are they going to find that much space for that little amount of money?

And the print shop takes up a lot of space.

Somethings up.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Can someone DM me the listing or Zillow link? For the life of me, I can't remember the city they live in. 😕

Sent it to you yesterday. I’ll send it again 😁