Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On the one hand, it's ridiculous that he paid the bill for the ENTIRE family - especially Shrek, who probably put away three loaded grande burritos all by himself.  On the other hand, it's one way that Nurie can ensure that her siblings get fed a decent meal before she leaves them.  I wonder if this is something that Nathan does unprompted by Nurie...if so, he really does love her and care about her siblings, which is sweet.  At the same time, it probably takes Nathan a month or more to recoup the money spent while visiting his grifting in-laws.

I'm conflicted.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I know different families and social groups do things differently, but in my social group the elders always paid if they invited young people out to a dinner like this.

David/Jill would pay for everyone, not expect the 20something newlyweds to pay for not only themselves but the ENTIRE family. However I do think it’s sweet that Nathan did so. 

Same here. The elders paid and the young left the tip. Unless.. it was an intentional invite by the younger ones, as a gift or celebration.

In this situation, even if Nathan and Nurie wanted to pay, most parents would insist on contributing somehow, maybe by paying for their own kids or splitting it down the middle.

• Love 23
34 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Same here. The elders paid and the young left the tip. Unless.. it was an intentional invite by the younger ones, as a gift or celebration.

In this situation, even if Nathan and Nurie wanted to pay, most parents would insist on contributing somehow, maybe by paying for their own kids or splitting it down the middle.

Yes, they could at least split the bill but knowing them, they didn't. At least it doesn't look like a terribly expensive place but still it had to have run nearly $200! And what is up with the suits? And is that a tuxedo? Again, it probably wasn't high end, I have been to places like that, great food not very fancy surroundings. 

• Love 7

Nathan probably pays for every restaurant meal and admission ticket during these visits unless Tim contributes to impress Best Momma. I can't see Jill and David ever offering to pick up the tab. Even if they had the money, Queen Jill doesn't believe she should ever have to do anything nice for her children.    

When Nathan and Nurie start having their own kids to feed, these trips north will become a burden on their single income. Jill won't like that unless she has enough other employed sons-in-law to make up for Nathan's neglect. However, Jill and David will magically find the money to fly to Florida occasionally so they can be wined (non-alcoholic) and dined and shown the sights there. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Nathan probably pays for every restaurant meal and admission ticket during these visits unless Tim contributes to impress Best Momma. I can't see Jill and David ever offering to pick up the tab. Even if they had the money, Queen Jill doesn't believe she should ever have to do anything nice for her children.    

When Nathan and Nurie start having their own kids to feed, these trips north will become a burden on their single income. Jill won't like that unless she has enough other employed sons-in-law to make up for Nathan's neglect. However, Jill and David will magically find the money to fly to Florida occasionally so they can be wined (non-alcoholic) and dined and shown the sights there. 

I can see this happening.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, not you again said:

I'm just glad that another visit has come to a close and there was no pregnancy announcement from anybody.  Nurie has likely been tending to her siblings from the time that she was physically able to hold one.  I hope she allows herself some time, and has children if/when she wants.

I'm overjoyed Jill isn't pregnant. Crazy Jilly and Lazy Davy need another child to neglect like they need more holes in their fat heads.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Hey Jill! You got $600x10 maybe more in stimulus $

How much of that $ you plan to spend on the kids??? Probably $5 if that

Jill and David are due a luxurious vacation since she couldn't go to Arizona to pick up her Plexus award.  

Don't worry. This sudden influx of cash will be put to good use: Jill's happiness. 

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Don't worry. This sudden influx of cash will be put to good use: Jill's happiness. 

Yep. They must've gotten a fat stimulus check on the last go-around yet the kids are still starved and dressed in rags. Jill doesn't spend a cent more on them than what's necessary to keep CPS at bay. 

2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Hey Jill! You got $600x10 maybe more in stimulus $

How much of that $ you plan to spend on the kids??? Probably $5 if that

It is limited to only 2 children plus parents. 

• Useful 6
50 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

It is limited to only 2 children plus parents. 

That’s not how I understand it. Income within the guidelines allows all children under 17 to be included, with no limit. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 9

Still nothing on SM from Sierra D since New Year’s Eve.  People usually tell their followers if they’re taking a break from SM, but she never said a word.  There has to be something big going on, like Covid, pregnancy, hubby troubles, etc.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Zella said:
6 hours ago, charmed1 said:

“They took our entire family out to Mexican.” Out to Mexican?! 

I was getting ready to comment on this! 🤣

I have to admit that my family uses this phrase. "Should we go out to pizza or Mexican?" is frequently heard when we're together. 

• Love 5
Just now, Nysha said:

I have to admit that my family uses this phrase. "Should we go out to pizza or Mexican?" is frequently heard when we're together. 

That's not a strange usage to me. I hear that quite a bit and use it myself. It's the idea of going to Mexican as a place that baffles me. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Still nothing on SM from Sierra D since New Year’s Eve.  People usually tell their followers if they’re taking a break from SM, but she never said a word.  There has to be something big going on, like Covid, pregnancy, hubby troubles, etc.

Yikes, she has 7 kids. If it is covid, the odds are out of the 9 of them at least one or two would be symptomatic. And she could be pregnant as well. Very curious.

4 hours ago, floridamom said:

I say "go out FOR Mexican or go out FOR pizza.

Both versions are truncated sentences. Let's go out for (the purpose of having) Mexican (food), or Let's go out to (have) Mexican (food). I think "for" sounds better, but the usage may be regional. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That’s not how I understand it. Income within the guidelines allows all children under 17 to be included, with no limit. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Do the Rods file taxes, though?  I don't think you can claim "grifting" as a source of income, but I could be wrong.  Without filing, I don't know how they'd get those checks.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Nysha said:

My daughter got a check for each of her 6 kids.

Interesting. I heard this on the business report on WGN Chicago radio. You would think they would buy the kids some new clothes and good food, but probably it will be spent mainly on Jill and Shrek. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, jacourt said:

i wonder if they got money from the CARE Act for businesses

Haha I think you have to show you lost business because of pandemic. My guess is Shrek’s business doesn’t produce any income. And he has no employees, just child labor.

JRod has a silly petition to dump twitter big tech for "threatening or democracy and freedom of speech"

not trying to be political, but big tech seems Jill main place for grifting and shilling plexus so how would that work for her?

also we should boycott simon and schuster - like she ever bought a book published by them

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 18

Jill is free to leave Twitter if she doesn’t like it. No one is forcing her to use it. She also might want to use her new found free time to learn what free speech is. For a “patriot” (and I’m sure she would describe herself as such) she doesn’t understand what it means. 

• Love 19
33 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

JRod has a silly petition to dump twitter big tech for "threatening or democracy and freedom of speech"

Was just coming here to post about this. How interesting is it that she posted this ON Facebook.......perhaps on Instagram too?

03688E34-29E0-4E00-8734-279FF639D07B.jpeg

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

That woman couldn't survive without social media! Let her dump it! 

Agreed! Without “big tech” she wouldn’t be able to show off what an amazing Christian/wife/mother/Plexus salesperson she is. She needs the attention too much to leave.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, MargeGunderson said:

Agreed! Without “big tech” she wouldn’t be able to show off what an amazing Christian/wife/mother/Plexus salesperson she is. She needs the attention too much to leave.

And if she left, she wouldn't last more than a couple of days. 

• Love 12

without "big tech" how could anyone watch her silly videos or find the RodriguesFamilyServingJesus donation page

How could the not Nuries try and sell that crap on Etsy. How could Timbits get Mama's review for his business???

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

That woman couldn't survive without social media! Let her dump it! 

Ha, the world would be a better place if she dumped her SM accounts!  Imagine, no more Timmy on youtube, kindergarten-esque jewelry sales on Etsy, or long winded caterwauling on IG!  Please, Jill, GO AHEAD!

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Jill needs to be reminded that while there is freedom of speech,  there is not freedom from consequences. Plus, all of those social media platforms are private companies, they can pretty much do what they want when it comes to banning people from their platforms. 

• Love 21