Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I give her props for having 3 miscarriages and then a very difficult pregnancy.  Her delivery was quick but painful.  She had wanted an epidural "as soon as I walk in the hospital".  She must have known she wasn't one of those natural all the way gals, so good for her!  Unfortunately, baby Carson had other ideas and there was no time for the epidural.  She also had something wrong with the actual delivery--a placenta tear or something.  I had never heard of it, but it could have been dangerous.  So God  bless that new little family.

Bringing my reply to the Prayer Closet.

The names of the dresses make me laugh. The suggestively named "Come Walk With Me" has more lace than the "Touch of Lace", and the "Touch of Spring Lace" covers even more skin than than the non spring version. "Night in Paris in Lemon" sounds appropriate for lemon parties. This appears to be that nutcase Kitchen Nightmares woman from Phoenix wearing "That Leopard Dress".

29mk2g7.jpg

• Love 3

I don't think that's Amy from Scotsdale, from Amy's Baking Co.  It would be so cool if she became a model and we follow her craziness.  She must need a job since I heard recently they had to close up shop.  Gee, I wonder why.

• Love 2

I don't think that's Amy from Scotsdale, from Amy's Baking Co. It would be so cool if she became a model and we follow her craziness. She must need a job since I heard recently they had to close up shop. Gee, I wonder why.

Same plastic surgeon maybe?

How the hell did a man who spent 15 years in French and German prisons on drug trafficking convictions get into America anyway?

• Love 3

The names of the dresses make me laugh. The suggestively named "Come Walk With Me" has more lace than the "Touch of Lace", and the "Touch of Spring Lace" covers even more skin than than the non spring version. "Night in Paris in Lemon" sounds appropriate for lemon parties. This appears to be that nutcase Kitchen Nightmares woman from Phoenix wearing "That Leopard Dress". 29mk2g7.jpg

I see she is wearing one of Grandma's handmedowns. Just horrible!

• Love 1

I don't want to copy the pic again, but I DIE at the first fundie we find out has a "lemon party" of some sort. OMFG! 

I also love how almost any topic can veer to Crazy Amy. I have the sadz that ABC finally shut its doors. It's a place the Duggars, their friends, or their ubers would visit just to spite all of us. If only they could have gotten themselves an earful of Sami. LMAO

• Love 1

eta: rumor has it that this is the dress Michael discussed on last night's episode. Imagine this in pink(eta: there's actually a picture. It's bubble gum). Picture that on almost 49 year-old Kelly. Oh dear...

http://daintyjewells.com/a-night-in-paris-more-colors/

I went back to the DVR and that pic of the girl leaning on the chair was shown. So yeah, this is it. ugh

I would shoot either one of my daughters before I'd wear that thing. No worries, though, they'd shoot themselves before being seen with me in it.

• Love 1

Last night I spent err I mean I wasted an hour of my life that I will never get back reading the Maxwell Family's blog. I was looking for the bridesmaid dresses that they had for their son's wedding. Well scroll down and be read to puke. *don't tell me that I didn't warn you*

http://blog.titus2.com/2014/10/26/joseph-and-elissa-maxwell-wedding-pictures-part-4/

What's that mystery food in the warming tray, it looks spicy, but do these people do spicy? Looks like it was an enthralling afternoon of old people telling their anecdotes in MaxHell.

They didn't need to plaster © christophermaxwell.com on the pics. Copyright applies whether they did that or not, and frankly, who would steal these?

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3

Last night I spent err I mean I wasted an hour of my life that I will never get back reading the Maxwell Family's blog. I was looking for the bridesmaid dresses that they had for their son's wedding. Well scroll down and be read to puke. *don't tell me that I didn't warn you*

http://blog.titus2.com/2014/10/26/joseph-and-elissa-maxwell-wedding-pictures-part-4/

At least the sleeves were short. It was the sleeves in that catalogue above that got to me most. 

Wow.  In the ever-popular lizard color, I see. Flattering to all skin tones.  :P

• Love 5

*small voice* I actually kind of like chartreuse...it seems to work with my skin tone at any rate...

I like it as well.

As much as I think the Maxhells are batnuts crazy, I will give them some props. The color scheme was well coordinated and it looks like they served actual food at the wedding. The spicy stuff looks like pulled pork and there's a big salad on the table. The bridesmaids dresses may not be to everyone's liking, but at least it was a proper style and not some hot mess that looked like it came off the clearance rack at DEB.

Thus far it seems like only the Duggars can't plan weddings for shit. They need to hire TFDW the next time one of their kids gets engaged. It's kind of a bummer the Marsiah courtship never went the distance because I could see those two putting together something creative.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8

Those pics of the Maxwell (I'm not sure who they are) wedding remind me of the church/firehall receptions of my youth. The tables, the chairs, the buffet. Before every wedding became a Production with a capital P.

Edited by flyingdi
  • Love 4

"After the reception, Christopher took some bride/groom photos. Even though the day had held a strong forecast of rain, the Lord graciously held it off."

The Lord was gracious indeed to disrupt the natural order of the weather patterns. I'm guessing it was too much work to graciously bring clean drinking water to the areas of the world that so desperately need it, though. It really, really bothers me when people's brand of Christianity has them believing with such appalling arrogance that a loving, all powerful god would be able to interfere with the laws of physics and nature in this way, for such a petty reason, yet choose to ignore the stark poverty and misery in the world.

• Love 17

Well obviously God did not choose the starving people. Which is confounding logic on its own, really...the all-powerful creator created the world and everything in it and then said, "These people I made over here are awesome! All the other ones suck. :( " Is God an all-powerful four year-old or something?

Edited by Aja
  • Love 9

You mean baby puke! UGH the bow in the back----NO words.

Go back and look again and you will feel better...that's not an over-sized bow, although it looks like one...it's another bridesmaid standing behind the featured one.

I kinda like the green.....and the dress has a nice almost-defrauding fit to it.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 1

Last night I spent err I mean I wasted an hour of my life that I will never get back reading the Maxwell Family's blog. I was looking for the bridesmaid dresses that they had for their son's wedding. Well scroll down and be ready to puke. *don't tell me that I didn't warn you*

Well, I'll say that shiny, tight chartreuse is not really what I would have expected of them. It looks, to my surprise, kinda modern. Not a word I'd associate with the Maxwells.

The only real problem I have with them is that there's too much shiny tight chartreuse. But then that's the problem with virtually all bridesmaid's dresses. At least they didn't have 26 bridesmaids.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1

Who are maxwells again? Family "friends" right?

The Maxwells, or Maxhells as they've been affectionately dubbed, are Duggar family friends. The father is a nut who is so deep into the Gothard Kool-aid he makes Boob look like a weed smoking, Planned Parenthood donating, Hillary Clinton supporter. Their blog is frightening if you ever have the chance to read it.

• Love 3

The Maxwells, or Maxhells as they've been affectionately dubbed, are Duggar family friends. The father is a nut who is so deep into the Gothard Kool-aid he makes Boob look like a weed smoking, Planned Parenthood donating, Hillary Clinton supporter. Their blog is frightening if you ever have the chance to read it.

Purpose a lot of time to take that blog all in. I'm still SMH as to what I read and it's been two days.

• Love 1

Purpose a lot of time to take that blog all in. I'm still SMH as to what I read and it's been two days.

Speaking of the brotherhood of men who believe that being a SAHW is woman's entire destiny but somehow can't seem to marry off their daughters, the Botkin sisters -- who used to be "visionary [sAH] daughters" but now seem to be merely "the Botkins" -- have just revamped their horrifying blog, and started blogging again. http://botkinsisters.com/    

That one requires a lot of headshaking, too. I'm really waiting for all these 20-something and 30-something SAHDs to start some kind of revolutionary army at some point. Hard to see why they aren't very very angry about the various bills of goods they've all been sold.

• Love 1

Isn't Anna Sofia 30 by now? I hate that Geoff kept the Botkinettes unmarried and has used them to benefit HIS ministry. These are two girls who really could have flourished in academia; I wholeheartedly disagree with them, but they are well-read and articulate. You have to wonder what the Botkinettes think as they see their younger sisters-in-law treated as adults, while they remain infantalized. 

• Love 1

Isn't Anna Sofia 30 by now? I hate that Geoff kept the Botkinettes unmarried and has used them to benefit HIS ministry. These are two girls who really could have flourished in academia; I wholeheartedly disagree with them, but they are well-read and articulate. You have to wonder what the Botkinettes think as they see their younger sisters-in-law treated as adults, while they remain infantalized. 

I'm amazed that one of the women in this position hasn't done something explosive already. It's so hard to account for all of the adult kids in these families just going along with so many varieties of absolute nonsense, which you'd think they'd have to recognize as time goes on.

Who are maxwells again? Family "friends" right?

The Maxhells are an odd bunch. I would say Steve is an egomaniac with a dash of mental illness. He keeps his daughters under lock and key. Most of their blog talks about death, tortillas, Bible study and elderly people. Nothing new and exciting ever really happens to the Maxhells. You can check their blog at anytime of the year and it's the same old drivel.

Steve even controls what everyone eats. For a birthday, instead of cake, Steve insisted everyone have a few animal crackers. He mandated that his wife could no longer drink Pepsi, lest it become an "idol".

• Love 1

*small voice* I actually kind of like chartreuse...it seems to work with my skin tone at any rate...

Use your big proud voice Jynnan Tonnix. Peggy Fleming's mother made her a skating outfit in chartreuse for the 1968 Winter Olympics, which were held in Grenoble, near the Chartreuse mountains of France. Peggy's mother thought complimenting the locals would help with the judges - and so it did, since Peggy won the Olympic gold medal that year in Ladies' Figure Skating!  

• Love 8

Tortillas? WTH? Are they good funeral food?

Any time you want to get the party started, serve Mexican food. Thinking about guacamole, tortilla chips and Margaritas makes me giddy. Maybe Steve-o likes getting crunk at funerals:)

• Love 5

Just saw on the Daily Mail (dodgy source, I know) that the Duggars are loading up the stink bus and a motor home caravan for the 20 hour trip to TN to "hijack" the filming of the wedding to get back on teevee. Even the gelatinous monster and his family. Unfortunately, I can see this as true.

• Love 3

Tortillas? WTH? Are they good funeral food?

The Maxhell girls make homemade tortillas. It's one of the "Steve Approved" foods they can eat without it becoming an idol. They blog about tortillas at least once a month. Death, Tortillas, and Elderly folks

That's the Maxhell way.

• Love 2

The Maxhell girls make homemade tortillas. It's one of the "Steve Approved" foods they can eat without it becoming an idol. They blog about tortillas at least once a month. Death, Tortillas, and Elderly folks

That's the Maxhell way.

They make them, then Steve decides they all need to fast.
  • Love 1

Just saw on the Daily Mail (dodgy source, I know) that the Duggars are loading up the stink bus and a motor home caravan for the 20 hour trip to TN to "hijack" the filming of the wedding to get back on teevee. Even the gelatinous monster and his family. Unfortunately, I can see this as true.

Unfortunately for the Bateses, an insider believes that it will be very hard for Jim Bob “to just walk away from a rolling camera.” A source even told PEOPLE that Jim Bob believes that his presence on TV is “part of God’s plan,” and he’s determined to get back on the small screen so that he can “spread the word” about his family’s faith.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2330052/jana-duggar-appearing-on-bringing-up-bates-bates-family-fears-duggar-family-will-hijack-michaels-wedding/

Ya know, I had that same thought today. I wonder if the invite was for Jana+1, or the whole clan. Gil seems smart enough to have some kind of containment strategy planned. Can you imagine Josh going to your wedding? I'd send them all to the wrong church. Edit: Or just drain the gas out of the stinkbus, and slash a couple tires.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 1

Any footage with Jim Bob will likely be edited out.  You may see some Duggars in shots of the guests, but I doubt they will get to speak.  Maybe Jana, being a bridesmaid, will have some screen time.  

The Bates family only appeared in background shots at Jill's wedding, IIRC. And Erin thumping on the piano.

I just Googled 'Reversal Children', because I was all "what the hell?" not realising at first what it meant (given some of the stuff we read here, I thought it might have been something sinister). One of the links lead to a Maxwell blog post, where a commenter has written "After the twins were born we made the horrible decision to end further blessings", and after the lord worked on her heart to show her how wrong she was she had to convince her husband: "After a year and a half of praying he finally submitted to what the Lord wanted. (That is a story in itself!) The devil was fighting this every step of the way."

Because apparently the Devil wants people to keep their families at manageable sizes, while God is happy for you to have more kids than you can reasonably handle.

• Love 10

YIkes. Y'all piqued my curiosity and I found that Maxwell blog entry about "reversal children." The comments were bananas (including the one requesting the pattern for those "WONDERFUL jumpers!" I can't imagine living with the "guilt" of managing family size. Gothard's cult is much bigger than I thought. The mind control and emotional manipulation is incredible. On a lighter note, I switched from this 2006 blog entry to current August entries, and it only took about 4 entries find one on...tortillas, LOL!!!!

• Love 1