Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 04/04/2017 at 8:27 AM, Westiepeach said:

All that is missing is the GIANT FLASHING "DONATE" button. Although she did suggest sending Nurie money (for a graduation gift) if anyone was so inclined.

Or an "ADD TO CART" button. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 8:27 AM, Westiepeach said:

All that is missing is the GIANT FLASHING "DONATE" button. Although she did suggest sending Nurie money (for a graduation gift) if anyone was so inclined.

Well they do have the smaller 'Support Us' tab, which leads to instructions as to where to mail the check.  Or, if you prefer a monthly donation, you can just give them a credit card number.  They've even got some sort of pseudo-charitable venue for your donation if you want a tax deduction.

Those kids all look pinched and unhealthy; like they've got worms or something.  Neither parent is naturally thin, so its not like they inherited that body type. I am glad to see they have got the money for orthodontia (more likely, they've got a fundie orthodontist out there who's willing to donate the service, these people beg for nearly everything).  The kids all look to need his or her services.  Too bad there isn't a farmer's market on the donor list; they also need some fresh produce and milk.

It would also be lovely if someone would donate some music lessons; just listening to them try to play instruments is painful; its obvious no one actually had a real teacher or lesson.  The older boy butchering 'Joy to the World' on the trumpet was enough to make the baby Jesus cry.  It would be one thing if he were 7 and played like that; he's about 17.

Of course, looking at their homefoolin' Mama's blog, complete with poor grammar, misspellings galore and poor punctuation makes it pretty clear that edumacation is not important to this bunch.  If she's doing the teaching, they must all be functionally illiterate.

Reading the blog was also educational.  A couple of years ago, Mama and Daddy went to the IHOP for a romantic meal (I kid you not).  Jill went to the rest room.  When she left the stall, there was a transgender woman, an employee of the IHOP, applying makeup at the mirror.  Jill couldn't even wash her hands in the presence of such sinfulness!  Her privacy would've been violated had she put soap on her hands while this woman was applying lipstick 3 feet away!  She couldn't wait to tell David and they went to the manager with their righteous indignation, demanding something (don't know what) be done immediately!  When the manager blew them off, they approached not one, but TWO police officers demanding justice and were appalled to discover that the cops knew that this person worked at the IHOP and really didn't give a damn if she used the bathroom!  No mention of how David would've reacted had the transgender woman used the men's room.  I guess they want separate, but equal, bathrooms for themselves. 

These twits also lived with 11 kids, #12 on the way, in an RV!  For a year!  While looking for a house, which seems to be code for waiting for some fundie to give them a deal on a property!  They make the Duggars look normal.

ETA: Sorry for all the exclamation points!  I am caught up in JillRod's fundie fervor!

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

These twits also lived with 11 kids, #12 on the way, in an RV!  For a year!  While looking for a house, which seems to be code for waiting for some fundie to give them a deal on a property!  They make the Duggars look normal.

They did somehow get a house, but remain elusive on just how that happened.  It's decorated in Late Grandma, there is a video on YouTube if you'd like a tour.  It's long, and weird, and the kids look like they're staring down the barrel of a gun when they realize they're on camera, then they paste on fake smiles and say things like "Hiiieeee!"

They've had the last baby, another girl.  Jill seems to be entering the hard-to-conceive stage so now she's dressing her daughters in matching clothes, and then wears the same outfit.  Pretty sure she's simultaneously trying to be young again, and also get compliments on how she looks too young to be their mother.  Then she'll claim Plexus is the reason and try to sell commenters a few gallons of the poisonous swill.

The R's stay at their grifted home for a few months and then take off on the road again in their RV.  It's obvious that David won't work, his printing ministry isn't happening, and Jill can't work because of the rules of her cult.  So she shills Plexus, and packs the family up to wander the East Coast in search of churches that they can 'perform' at.  They're coy about how so many people manage to sleep in an RV; it's possible the kids sleep in shifts.  They have two 'baby cages' where the two youngest sleep.  One is a tiny playpen-like structure in a closet, and the other is suspended from the ceiling of the RV.  They actually look well-made, so David has some skills that he could use, but that would require going to work, and he's not about to do that.  Either way, the baby cages are too small for growing babies and damned dangerous as well.

They count on churches feeling sorry for their malnourished kids.  Jill always mentions how the sweet church goers gave them a lovely potluck and passed the hat for offerings.  They've been known in the past to limp into a church parking lot and simply stay there until someone pays for repairs to the RV or gives them gas money.  I think there was one time they were in Walmart and a customer was so appalled, she bought them a bunch of groceries.

Now Nurie is old enough for Jill to offer up to the highest bidder, providing that she gets what she wants out of the deal.  David hovers in the background.  He says and does nothing, except for looking for his next meal.  Jill may have put him on Plexus, though, because the last picture of them shows he's lost some weight.  (Plexus is known for giving people constant diarrhea.  Anyone will lose weight if everything they eat is expelled before you can fully digest it.  Luckily, it is probably too expensive for Jill to force it on her kids.  They're in bad enough shape already.)

Edited by Zahdii
spelling, as always
  • Love 8
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

They count on churches feeling sorry for their malnourished kids.  Jill always mentions how the sweet church goers gave them a lovely potluck and passed the hat for offerings.  They've been known in the past to limp into a church parking lot and simply stay there until someone pays for repairs to the RV or gives them gas money.  I think there was one time they were in Walmart and a customer was so appalled, she bought them a bunch of groceries.

Now Nurie is old enough for Jill to offer up to the highest bidder, providing that she gets what she wants out of the deal.  David hovers in the background.  He says and does nothing, except for looking for his next meal.  Jill may have put him on Plexus, though, because the last picture of them shows he's lost some weight.  (Plexus is known for giving people constant diarrhea.  Anyone will lose weight if everything they eat is expelled before you can fully digest it.  Luckily, it is probably too expensive for Jill to force it on her kids.  They're in bad enough shape already.)

Yeah, I noticed that they manage to get meals at all of their gigs.  I find it hard to believe a church would book them for a concert and actually pay them, but it seems like some of them do although they also seem to depend on 'love offerings' from the congregation.  Having listened to a couple minutes of one of their 'concerts', I think it it's likely the congregation pays to get them to stop and/or because they feel sorry for all those sickly looking kids.

I read about the shopping trip to WalMart where some kindly stranger had pity on those poor kids and bought them some groceries.  The fact that Jill bragged about it as if she is proud of the fact that they have more kids than they can afford to feed just shows how clueless she is.

I found several posts where Jill mentions that they had some sort of mechanical issue with the RV, but, God be Praised!, someone they had met at one of their fellowshippin' gigs came out and fixed it for them because he 'only' lived a 3 hour drive away.  Takes some balls to ask somebody to drive 6 hours to fix your RV for free; they seem to have mastered the art of grifting.  If I got a call from someone wanting me to travel for hours and provide free auto repairs, I'd hang up on 'em.

What with the bleach-blonde haystack of late 80's hair and the matching outfits, I think Jill thinks she can get a TV show.  She's dreaming.  Watching those sad, inarticulate children try to give their little speeches for the camera was painful.  If your 18 year old is unable to string together 2 coherent sentences so her message can be taped, ain't nobody gonna put her on TeeVee.

I also noticed during the great house hunt, one of the properties they were considering had TWO bedrooms and one bathroom.  They turned it down because there wasn't enough land to build David's print shop, but any family with 12 kids who even bothers to look at anything less than a 4 bedroom house clearly doesn't have the cash to pay for it.  Jill also noted that a part of the reason they were living in the RV was that they needed to get it paid off before they could think about finding a house.  I know these fundies don't like using credit, but it is downright unsanitary for 13 people to be living in a single RV.

I also enjoyed Jill's many posts about the amazing educational opportunities she provides for the kids while they're on the road.  For example, they stopped at Laura Ingalls Wilder's home in Missouri which is now a museum (I'd love to go there, BTW).  However, because there was an admission charge, they didn't actually go inside.  Instead, they walked around outsidethe house and peeped through the windows which was undoubtedly just as good!  She actually posted pics of them up on their toes trying to see in the windows.  Too bad nobody called the cops.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 8

Watch the video where they describe why they homeschool. Every kid basically gushes how blessed and precious their wonderful, amazing parents are for not thrusting them into the den of sin and iniquity that is otherwise known as public school. Maybe it's good these kids are separated from everyone else. They are really weird. They are so bizarre - especially that Fundie Squeaky Frome daughter (the one younger than Nurie, Virgin 4 $ale, that I would not want my kids under their influence. Hang with a Duggar (besides Josh), and worse case scenario is you're gonna have to reinforce table manners. Hang with a Bates, you might have to tell them not to yell in the house. Hang with a Rodrigues Kid, and you're going to have to check their pockets for stolen silverware or hairspray, and hope they don't set up a gypsy camp in your backyard.

• Love 14

The Rodrigues's singing and playing skills are awful and their performance moves are just plain weird! Their kids' voices are squeaky and impossible to understand. I really don't understand how/why any church with access to their home videos would book them to sing at one of their services or events. 

The kids look like they never see the sun, their skin is a weird sallow pallor. 

• Love 7

Have y'all gotten into the garbage can ice cream story yet? This was in the RV/baby cage days; Jilly Bean was so hungry that she scrounged an empty ice cream carton out of the garbage to eat the last melted spoonful. 

Later, I looked in the garbage and saw this amount left in the carton of ice cream. I said, “Who threw away the ice cream with ALL this left in it?!! (I was serious too because ice cream is a rare treat in our home due to the high cost of it.) It was then that I realized how funny that would sound to the average person. Believe it or not, I DID finish off the rest!! (smile)

From this post

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, ChaChaSlide said:

Have y'all gotten into the garbage can ice cream story yet? This was in the RV/baby cage days; Jilly Bean was so hungry that she scrounged an empty ice cream carton out of the garbage to eat the last melted spoonful. 

From this post

Yikes!  She not only salvages maybe a spoonful of MELTED ice cream from the trash, she eats it and brags about it, complete with photos!  There is something major wrong with her, I pity those kids.

For those looking to see what the 'baby cages' in the RV look like, that's in this post too.  How sweet the baby gets to sleep on the floor of the closet with mommy and daddy's clothes hanging less than a foot overhead.  Not to worry, though, she loves it! 

These people cannot be trusted with an ant farm, let alone a dozen kids.  Also, please note that Jill loves pictures of herself most of all, every blog post contains at least one shot of her alone, grinning like an idiot with the teased blond hair; most posts have multiple solo pics of her.  Narcissistic, much?

ETA: Now, imagine, Jill who appears healthy and well fed is still so food-obsessed that she trash-dives for a bite of melted ice cream.  Wonder how hungry those poor scrawny kids must be; surprised she hasn't taken photos of them dumpster diving behind McDonald's.  Considering the lengths their mother will go for a bite, those kids must be positively feral when it comes time for a meal.

BTW, I know someone whose parents were massive cheapskates and his mom would make two meals, one for her and daddy with meat, one for the kids without.  Unlike JillRod's brood, they didn't appear malnourished, but, even now, decades after the fact, they still feel the sting of being treated like second class citizens. Alas, they attended public schools and mixed with other kids and adults; the Rodriguez kids don't even have that going for them.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Watch the video where they describe why they homeschool. Every kid basically gushes how blessed and precious their wonderful, amazing parents are for not thrusting them into the den of sin and iniquity that is otherwise known as public school. Maybe it's good these kids are separated from everyone else. They are really weird. They are so bizarre - especially that Fundie Squeaky Frome daughter (the one younger than Nurie, Virgin 4 $ale, that I would not want my kids under their influence. Hang with a Duggar (besides Josh), and worse case scenario is you're gonna have to reinforce table manners. Hang with a Bates, you might have to tell them not to yell in the house. Hang with a Rodrigues Kid, and you're going to have to check their pockets for stolen silverware or hairspray, and hope they don't set up a gypsy camp in your backyard.

Oh HELL NO Boob will never let those kids in his house if he had any indication that Jill would have the kids steal Boob's beloved hairspray. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Marigold said:

I think even in Fundie circles, J Rod is considered nuts. 

I should hope so. This family is beyond disturbing. Have they ever been checked out by CPS? Jill is a psychotic mess. This family is a perfect example of why we need some basic homeschool regulations in this country. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

UGH I looked again at Jiil's blog.

Hmm bed bug story, real or fake so they wouldn't get a hotel bill?

Probably fake, she's a major drama queen.  I also noticed that it sounded like the FOURTEEN of them were sharing just two rooms.  I doubt any decent hotel would allow that many people to stay in a single room; so it wouldn't be surprising to discover it wasn't the cleanest, best quality place.

• Love 4

And out of state. Although that said, I think Jill has posted her address on her website before. I've never bothered to look, but I'm not sure what CPS from another state could do with them other than send them home for an investigation. 

Or am I totally offbase about this? I know that when they were on the road last year, Jill only posted pictures of places they'd been days after they had left them. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Probably fake, she's a major drama queen.  I also noticed that it sounded like the FOURTEEN of them were sharing just two rooms.  I doubt any decent hotel would allow that many people to stay in a single room; so it wouldn't be surprising to discover it wasn't the cleanest, best quality place.

Maybe they stayed at one of those motels that you rent by the hour?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Fallacy said:

I should hope so. This family is beyond disturbing. Have they ever been checked out by CPS? Jill is a psychotic mess. This family is a perfect example of why we need some basic homeschool regulations in this country. 

I expect that staying on the road in the RV, crossing state lines, for months at a stretch goes hand in hand with homeschooling as strategies for avoiding CPS. Not only are they homeschoolers, but about half of the time they can't even be found. No department with a heavy workload will have the time to chase that down. Plus, even fewer neighbors will see them and make reports. 

• Love 5

Nurie is very pretty and is no doubt a sweet girl.  A young man looking for a fundie wife could do a lot worse. But what do you think the chances are of someone wanting to marry into that hot mess of a family? Poor child has had a hard life. I wish she had more opportunities than waiting for her "true love."

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ChaChaSlide said:

From this post

Thank you for finding that gem. JillyRod is crazier than i thought.

So if Ice cream is a costly treat, why don't they shift some of the money they spend on hair, acrylic nails and teeth whitening, and buy some dang food! 

• Love 9

Could somebody give me the best bits from the Selling Nurie post. My virus program  has decided that the big flashing donate button is a sign of the phishing devil and blocks me .

• Love 2

Yikes.  Why do the two older blond Rodrigues boys in the header picture on their blog, look like they're vampires who just finished a hearty meal?  Did JillR put lipstick on them?  Is there some kind of "Twilight" filter I'm unaware of?

• Love 6
(edited)
11 hours ago, lianau said:

Could somebody give me the best bits from the Selling Nurie post. My virus program  has decided that the big flashing donate button is a sign of the phishing devil and blocks me .

Oh, you really should read the whole thing.  So here it is.  The bolding is mine, to show how often Jill mentions Nurie getting married.  I also italicized the plea for donations, supposedly for a mission trip, but I suspect most of any donated money will end up with Jill. 

We are thankful that Nurie is a chaste, virtuous woman that has EVERY desire to serve God her WHOLE life long and to stay pure until she marries “Mr. Right”…….

Nurie fervently prays for the man of her dreams to come into her life in GOD’S timing. Until then, she is TRULY a very content person. Nurie plans to continue to travel and sing with her family. We are thankful for that, because she is one of our most musical children. It will leave a gaping whole when she is gone.

Also, Nurie looks forward to investing more time in her younger siblings and helping her Mama homeschool them.

Nurie is planning to go on a Missions’ Trip to Botswana, Africa with David (her Dad) and some others in January of 2018. She is in the middle of raising the money for that trip. JUST for the plane ticket, it will cost Nurie at least $1,600. YIKES!

To be honest, with being on the road so often, Nurie has very few ways to raise much money. If anyone would like to consider (for a graduation gift) sending her money to help cover the cost of her missions’ trip, I KNOW you would bless Nurie’s heart beyond words!

So as you can see, while Nurie looks VERY forward to the wedding of her dreams someday, she plans to keep herself busy in the work of the Lord until that joyous day comes.

We are THRILLED that Nurie’s desire to find a GODLY young man is VERY important to her. We asked her to compose a list (before she graduated) of a list of attributes that she has prayed about finding in a young man.

It blesses our hearts to share that list with you below………

“What I Am Looking For In My Future Husband”

-A man that is godly and who will follow God’s will for his life – NO MATTER WHAT!!

-Someone that stands on the same convictions / standards that I do.
   A. Believes in the KJV Bible as the preserved Word of God.
   B. Has a high dress standard. (Ladies wear skirts and overall modest apparel for both the man and woman).
   C. Letting God control my womb in how many children He gives us.
   D. Believing that my husband should lead the home.
   E. Believing in godly, conservative music that honors God, rather than my flesh.
   F. Being faithful to church and understanding that “home church” is not Biblical according to – Hebrews 10:25
“Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.”
   G. Believing that home schooling any future children God may give us, is the best plan according to – Psalms 1:1 “Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.”

-A man that has a heart to win lost souls for Jesus.

-A man that has kept himself pure.

***To any younger girls out there, we hope this inspires you to wait for God’s BEST for you!

Nurie, our special first born, you are our angel – sent from God above to our home. We want to cherish each moment that God allows you to stay in our home until the day we walk you down the aisle. We are thankful for your EXTREME maturity as the oldest of 12 children and your flexibility to sometimes stressful, busy situations. You are a blessing to us. We are thankful for all the delicious meals that you cook for our large family and for the scrumptious desserts you bake us. Ymmm!

We don’t know how else to honor you at this joyous time of your graduation (coming up) other than to tell you – YOU ARE PRICELESS to us and we will pray for you until the day you die!!

Forever With Love, Daddy and Mama

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, queenanne said:

Yikes.  Why do the two older blond Rodrigues boys in the header picture on their blog, look like they're vampires who just finished a hearty meal?  Did JillR put lipstick on them?  Is there some kind of "Twilight" filter I'm unaware of?

It's probably genetic. They certainly come honestly by the bloodsucker gene since both their parents clearly possess it.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Zahdii said:

F. Being faithful to church and understanding that “home church” is not Biblical according to – Hebrews 10:25

Guess that makes the Duggars out of bounds, unless, of course they have seen the error of their ways and are now really attending a real church.

But, the horrors of that blog. I thought you all were just being snarky at Jill again. Nope she is fully pimping out her daughter for marriage.  The "beauty" poses, and what is she looking for in a marriageable man. Jill's pushing hard and it's reeking of desperation. Maybe if they didn't travel so much on the stink RV, they'd go to the same church all the time and Nurie would meet someone nice there (or in the neighborhood and make her escape). 

For fun, watch Jill's videos without sound.  She's one off from a porn star with the way she over enunciates.  Her lip movements remind me of Marilyn Monroe impersonators when they want to get sexy.  I can't explain it, but a lot of unnecessary lip movement.

• Love 6

Jill has some serious mental health issues. I can't imagine that poor Nurie is not damaged from growing up in such a dysfunctional family combined with moving around constantly and living in an overcrowded RV. 

In plain English, Nurie has to be messed up from living like that.  I have an 18 year old son and I would not let my son near that crazy damaged family.   Forget the religion problems...the parents are sick and the children must have a lot of baggage. 

Any "normal" family is going to run from a Rodriguez child.  You know that the Rodriguez family is considered a band of kooks even by other fundamentalist Christians. Nurie is gonna get stuck with a Josh Duggar situation. 

Very sad for the girl...she looks like a sweet person.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Oh, you really should read the whole thing.  So here it is.  The bolding is mine, to show how often Jill mentions Nurie getting married.  I also italicized the plea for donations, supposedly for a mission trip, but I suspect most of any donated money will end up with Jill. 

That list looks like something Jill would whip up as to lure her prey.

Another thought too bad Tabby didn't aspire to find a pure man. I'm still worried for her safety.

• Love 3
(edited)

I wonder how much input Nurie had on the Husband Wish List.  I've no doubt Jill wrote it up, but did Nurie get a chance to put anything on there?  Did she even know that her mother was going to put the silly thing online?

How many of those conditions will Jill insist on, and how many will she drop in order to get Nurie married off? 

Does Jill have an age range in mind, or could anyone jump in?  Would a 14 year old be considered?  How about a 50 year old man?  What are the ages of the eligible Duggars, Bates, and Kellers?  Personally, I don't think the Duggars or the Bates would allow one of their children to marry a Rodriguez child, but the Kellers might be an option.  Pa Keller has the most awful taste in mates for his kids.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 6

I hate everyone on this thread for enlightening me on the Rodriguez family (just kidding)!. I had never heard of them before until I saw their names mentioned on this forum and then I had to look at their website and blog posts. Thanks for opening up the rabbit hole that I've been climbing down for 3 days now!! What a trainwreck family!!!!

• Love 9

I implore everyone here to check out JRod's makeup tutorial video. It exists. Fair warning: just watching it will give you conjunctivitis.

• Love 5

We all know how uneducated JRod is, from reading her blog.  And she homeschooled poor Nurie.  And now Nurie is planning to homeschool HER future children.  Can you just imagine what their reading, writing and 'rithmatic levels are going to be once they attain adulthood?  It gives me chills down to my bones.  I weep for those poor un-conceived-as-yet kids.

• Love 10
On 4/4/2017 at 7:13 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Forward up to 13:05 in - Jill plays COW BELLS. These people are definitely self taught. I don't know how anyone sits through a service without feeling a mixture of confusion, pity, annoyance and amazement at how seriously this family takes itself. 

If that isn't an SNL skit in the making I don't know what is!  Clang, clang, clang went the trolley!  I can see Vanessa Bayer playing Nurie and Kate McKinnon playing Jill.

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, Aja said:

I implore everyone here to check out JRod's makeup tutorial video. It exists. Fair warning: just watching it will give you conjunctivitis.

The makeup tutorial video is pure JRod gold! Shot in the RV, the amount of hairspray must have given some of the kids asthma attacks. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The makeup tutorial video is pure JRod gold! Shot in the RV, the amount of hairspray must have given some of the kids asthma attacks. 

Particularly the poor kid she forced to film the whole thing.

• Love 3
On 4/5/2017 at 10:43 AM, doodlebug said:

Yeah, I noticed that they manage to get meals at all of their gigs.  I find it hard to believe a church would book them for a concert and actually pay them, but it seems like some of them do although they also seem to depend on 'love offerings' from the congregation.  Having listened to a couple minutes of one of their 'concerts', I think it it's likely the congregation pays to get them to stop and/or because they feel sorry for all those sickly looking kids.

I read about the shopping trip to WalMart where some kindly stranger had pity on those poor kids and bought them some groceries.  The fact that Jill bragged about it as if she is proud of the fact that they have more kids than they can afford to feed just shows how clueless she is.

I found several posts where Jill mentions that they had some sort of mechanical issue with the RV, but, God be Praised!, someone they had met at one of their fellowshippin' gigs came out and fixed it for them because he 'only' lived a 3 hour drive away.  Takes some balls to ask somebody to drive 6 hours to fix your RV for free; they seem to have mastered the art of grifting.  If I got a call from someone wanting me to travel for hours and provide free auto repairs, I'd hang up on 'em.

What with the bleach-blonde haystack of late 80's hair and the matching outfits, I think Jill thinks she can get a TV show.  She's dreaming.  Watching those sad, inarticulate children try to give their little speeches for the camera was painful.  If your 18 year old is unable to string together 2 coherent sentences so her message can be taped, ain't nobody gonna put her on TeeVee.

I also noticed during the great house hunt, one of the properties they were considering had TWO bedrooms and one bathroom.  They turned it down because there wasn't enough land to build David's print shop, but any family with 12 kids who even bothers to look at anything less than a 4 bedroom house clearly doesn't have the cash to pay for it.  Jill also noted that a part of the reason they were living in the RV was that they needed to get it paid off before they could think about finding a house.  I know these fundies don't like using credit, but it is downright unsanitary for 13 people to be living in a single RV.

I also enjoyed Jill's many posts about the amazing educational opportunities she provides for the kids while they're on the road.  For example, they stopped at Laura Ingalls Wilder's home in Missouri which is now a museum (I'd love to go there, BTW).  However, because there was an admission charge, they didn't actually go inside.  Instead, they walked around outsidethe house and peeped through the windows which was undoubtedly just as good!  She actually posted pics of them up on their toes trying to see in the windows.  Too bad nobody called the cops.

I suppose a trip to Disneyland where they stand outside and watch others have fun would be just as good as going huh?  These people need to get something called pride and birth control.  

• Love 7
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Wasn't it the second daughter? It's been a while, but that's what I seem to recall. 

I think so. I only watched it the one time, probably around the same time you did, and my pinkeye just cleared up last week.

A summary for those of you with time constraints: Lots of green Wet n' Wild eyeliner. LOTS.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Also, Nurie looks forward to investing more time in her younger siblings and helping her Mama homeschool them.

So Nurie spends most of her life crammed into an RV, on road (grifting) trips with her entire family.  Or stuffed into a small house.  And yet the goal of her life is investing MORE time in her younger siblings?  She's with them 24/7 - how much more time does she have?

• Love 8

I'm guessing that peering in windows at tourist attractions is part of their shtick to get either paying customers or the attraction employees, to take pity on them and pay for them or let them in for free.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I suppose a trip to Disneyland where they stand outside and watch others have fun would be just as good as going huh?  These people need to get something called pride and birth control.  

Are you sitting down?  In 2015, anonymous 'church members' paid to send the whole bunch to Disney World.  Jill was supposed to be on bed rest at the time, but she somehow found the strength to wander The Magic Kingdom - Florida Edition with her brood.  Doesn't grifting God work in such mysterious ways?

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

Are you sitting down?  In 2015, anonymous 'church members' paid to send the whole bunch to Disney World.  Jill was supposed to be on bed rest at the time, but she somehow found the strength to wander The Magic Kingdom - Florida Edition with her brood.  Doesn't grifting God work in such mysterious ways?

Wasn't that brave of her, to take herself off bed rest for the sake of the children!  I hope that didn't cause one of those numerous miscarriages that she talked about with such sadness.  Bless.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ocean Chick said:

So Nurie spends most of her life crammed into an RV, on road (grifting) trips with her entire family.  Or stuffed into a small house.  And yet the goal of her life is investing MORE time in her younger siblings?  She's with them 24/7 - how much more time does she have?

Well, there's that "leap second" thing that they occasionally stick into a day to keep the clocks straight. They were probably letting her take that as personal time. I'm sure she'll be happy to give it over to more child care. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Catlyn said:

I bet this is important to them because churches are the Rodriguii's chief source of income and meals!

• Love 7
(edited)
17 hours ago, Aja said:

I think so. I only watched it the one time, probably around the same time you did, and my pinkeye just cleared up last week.

A summary for those of you with time constraints: Lots of green Wet n' Wild eyeliner. LOTS.

Financial tip: Buy stock in Dollar Tree. Once the world gets wind of Jill"s beauty secrets Dollar Tree stock will go through the roof.

UGH that Disney story, she should have grabbed the money and fed her children instead!

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 4
(edited)

So Nurie was raised by grifters, associates with other grifters, and wants to marry a grifter. Isn't that special?

What a horrible life for the children. The parents bloviate about love, but they are obsessed with their child mill. If they cared about those kids, they would feed them, and provide a good education.

As someone upthread said, the kids have serious emotional baggage. My in laws did not want children but felt pressured to deliver a boy and a girl. They were very generous to themselves, but not to my husband. After their divorce it worsened,  both very well off, but would not pay for the $500 mouth guard he needed. He had three jobs during his he weekend to pay for his schoool clothing, supplies, and meals.

His mother would lie about his age, to buy from the children's menu. He was always a tall kid and it was embarrassing being six feet tall, eating from the children's menu. When we met our daughter she was sixteen months old. He would buy her her own meals. Everyone in our travel group thought he was crazy. But I didn't care, because I know how hurt he was by his second class citizen treatment. 

So our daughter gets to stuff her little face with what she wants, within reason. She is not big on chicken fingers, mac and cheese, or other kid fare. She orders from the adult menu, and if there are leftovers she has a great breakfast or lunch the next day. I can't imagine what the Rodriguez kids go through. It's shameful. We would love to adopt again, but we have two college trusts to fund. It's not about breeding, kids deserve better.  Sorry, it's going to take a while to get off my high horse. :(

Edited by SMama
  • Love 15

Here is a video of Alysa and Kelly.  That Kelly can sure talk, and so loud, too!  She constantly talks right over her daughter.  I know Alysa really prefers a more peaceful and quiet home than the one she grew up in. She said she plans on home schooling and mentioned having more kids.

Can't a little girl just be a little girl with these people?  No, she's already taking great care of the baby and she's not yet two. It really creeps me out.  And I feel a little defrauded by Alyssa's struggle not to flash the camera. 

• Love 6