Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Who does that kind of thing? And what's with those adult clothes on wee babies??

Apparently the Waller family. Phillip's  cuz up above looks like he's about to head off to his job at Home Depot.

The Waller parents are heavily into this Gothard "character training" thing (argh on that irony). Anyway, I'm guessing that the emphasis on adult-type uniforms even on infants has some dumb relationship to that.

Edited by Churchhoney
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

At least he's not crying this time? I assume they're showing off the knitwear, probably a gift. Gothard girls don't seem to have picked up knitting needles as part of their homemaker training. 

He's already side eyeing his existence

• Love 13
3 hours ago, lianau said:

He's already side eyeing his existence

Those are awfully big mitts and booties for indoors in a warm October. Makes me uncomfortably hot just looking at them. Hopefully the poor kid only had them on for a few seconds, but I don't really see why they needed to bug a baby just to do that either. Send a thank you note to the giver and have done with it.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4

I don't find that picture of poor Phillip "cute," David. He looks distressed to me. Does this baby always look miserable? If not, why can't you post a picture of him looking content?

The squirrels who hang around my yard are better parents than these two idiots. 

• Love 12

Whitney may have blocked me (still have no clue why), but I can still wish Bradley a happy 2nd birthday (where has the time gone)??? Also note, Bradley is older and doesn't look miserable in his sweater vest and khakis. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

She posted one when they were pumpkin picking with Bradley a few weeks ago in jeans, but it was one of those temporary pics, or she took it down due to criticism. That was the last pic I saw before she banned me! LOL

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

She posted one when they were pumpkin picking with Bradley a few weeks ago in jeans, but it was one of those temporary pics, or she took it down due to criticism. That was the last pic I saw before she banned me! LOL

Thats so funny she banned you. I follow her, Alyssa Bates and Erin bates and hopefully they don't ban me. My IG is pretty scandalous by their standards.  I even like their stuff from time to time. I don't follow any of the duggars cause its boring as heck and kind of depressing. lol 

If anything, I might have responded to another comment and that person tagged me to Whitney? But I am careful not to comment 99.9% of the time, other than to say "Cute!" or something. So, I am really baffled. Jessa blocked me after KissGate and a second time just for following an IG group critical of the Duggars (she apparently banned all the members who had posted that day). She certainly has a lot of time on her hands, even with a kid. eta: Same goes for Whitney, who had time to read comments and ban me despite taking care of TWO kids, one an infant. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

If anything, I might have responded to another comment and that person tagged me to Whitney? But I am careful not to comment 99.9% of the time, other than to say "Cute!" or something. So, I am really baffled. Jessa blocked me after KissGate and a second time just for following an IG group critical of the Duggars (she apparently banned all the members who had posted that day). She certainly has a lot of time on her hands, even with a kid. eta: Same goes for Whitney, who had time to read comments and ban me despite taking care of TWO kids, one an infant. 

Thats insane. But they do have a ton of time on their hands! Especially Jessa who has Bin around to help more than Whit. 

• Love 3

I feel bad for Michael. She has finished her Associate's degree and is now sewing. She once was busy with babysitting, 'volunteering' (accountability partnering Zach) and hanging with her family. She looked so forlorn when saying she was filling her time making little girl dresses. I imagine she must be bored and lonely and would have thought she'd be pregnant by now.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Where did Michael get her degree from? I was under the impression she only took a couple classes at Clown.

I'm not sure, but she finished it living in Chicago. She mentioned it a couple of shows ago.

• Love 1
On October 28, 2016 at 8:07 PM, Farmfam said:

Thank you! I was on here awhile back just  reading, and was so invested in WW and her sick child as my daughter was in the NICU at the same time. And was shocked she was gone. Not long ago I asked in Small Talk what had happened. 

From one NICU mom to another, I hope your daughter is doing well.

And holy crap, Razing Ruth- that is some serious next-level trolling there.  

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm not sure, but she finished it living in Chicago. She mentioned it a couple of shows ago.

Thanks for the response. I don't get UP anymore so I haven't seen the show in a while. Good for Michaela though. I wonder why she doesn't get a part time job. I don't think Brandon would mind.

• Love 1

On the last episode, she talked about starting a side business like an Etsy store. She doesn't want to make clothes (implied to be girls' clothes) to order; she wants to make things she wants to make to sell. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Random rant: You know what bugs me about pictures like this? Somebody else had to be there to take them. Supposedly this encapsulates all the love and romance of the relationship. But it wasn't romantic a bit when somebody else was staring at you and telling you to move that way so she/he could capture the perfect starburst of sunset in between you as you spontaneously kicked up your foot in sexy joy. Not to say that you can't have romance, love and sexy joy in your relationship if you post pictures like this. But the picture itself? It could just as easily be a photo of a couple of soap-opera actors who loathe each other. Posed pictures are one thing. Posed pictures that pretend to be spontaneous pictures are another, to me. We take too many damn pictures for the purpose of display today. End of rant.

I'm with you!!  Now I'm off to get those damn kids off my lawn ;-)

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Random rant: You know what bugs me about pictures like this? Somebody else had to be there to take them. Supposedly this encapsulates all the love and romance of the relationship. But it wasn't romantic a bit when somebody else was staring at you and telling you to move that way so she/he could capture the perfect starburst of sunset in between you as you spontaneously kicked up your foot in sexy joy. Not to say that you can't have romance, love and sexy joy in your relationship if you post pictures like this. But the picture itself? It could just as easily be a photo of a couple of soap-opera actors who loathe each other. Posed pictures are one thing. Posed pictures that pretend to be spontaneous pictures are another, to me. We take too many damn pictures for the purpose of display today. End of rant.

Definitely gag-worthy.

On 10/29/2016 at 2:44 AM, Sew Sumi said:

At least he's not crying this time? I assume they're showing off the knitwear, probably a gift. Gothard girls don't seem to have picked up knitting needles as part of their homemaker training. 

Holy wowsa, does that baby look just like David/Priscilla, who look just like each other.  Impossible to tell if Phillip will take after his mom or dad.

6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I'd like to respond by saying, AMEN.  Since the invention of social media, pictures are taken mainly as: "Look at us!  Look how happy we are!  Look at our awesome vacation/new car/organic home-cooked dinner/adorable perfect children!"  It's very interesting, having grown up in a world without social media, and now being almost forced to go with the flow in order to see what your friends and families are up to.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Holy wowsa, does that baby look just like David/Priscilla, who look just like each other.  Impossible to tell if Phillip will take after his mom or dad.

I'd like to respond by saying, AMEN.  Since the invention of social media, pictures are taken mainly as: "Look at us!  Look how happy we are!  Look at our awesome vacation/new car/organic home-cooked dinner/adorable perfect children!"  It's very interesting, having grown up in a world without social media, and now being almost forced to go with the flow in order to see what your friends and families are up to.

That has to be the most miserable looking baby I have ever seen. In every pic he just looks so uncomfortable. Poor kid. I wish someone could rescue him from his insane parents.

• Love 12
23 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Alyssa posts again (I think this her second post since her "retirement"). Does anyone remember her due date? Why do I think it's January?

7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I agree Churchie, and even with someone saying move this way and that, Alyssa's husband still looks like a cross between a giant tree stump and a man having his first kiss.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

That has to be the most miserable looking baby I have ever seen. In every pic he just looks so uncomfortable. Poor kid. I wish someone could rescue him from his insane parents.

I agree.  Within hours of his birth he's paraded in front of camera's so other small children can be forced to give him kisses.  The next day he's dressed up in scratchy, stiff, clothing and dumped in the bed of a rusty metal toy dump truck, placed face down on a faux fur rug, and laid on top of a chopping block.  Because photo ops are very important when a Gothard man is trying to prove he's become a father - again - and this baby is going to be a manly man.  This baby is truly being used as a prop, and I blame his father.

That being said, those knit things he's wearing look too uncomfortable to me.  The yarn looks too thick and stiff, but I admit I don't know just what's best for newborns.  I also have a personal issue with mittens.  It's easy to trim baby's nails so they don't scratch themselves, so why hide their hands and fingers from them?

• Love 14

You know, as much as he appears to be a clone of both David ad Priscilla, he could actually grow up to be a very handsome guy...if only he didn't have to grow up with that look of pain and dread that has seemed to be in his face from the moment of his birth. His parents do both actually have quite attractive facial features. It's just too bad that their respective attitudes rather contort them.

He really does seem to have a look of terror on his face in almost every picture, though...I suppose it's possible that it's just one of those newborn grimaces that some babies take a few weeks to grow out of sometimes, but with digital photo technology  as quick and easy as it is, how hard would it be for even the most inept photographer to snap a few photos of a newborn when it is looking comfortable and content? 

• Love 4

David is a good looking guy. Priscilla is a pretty woman. However, David always has that fake exuberant kindness with scoop of condescension and a smudge of trying to catch us all up in something so he can pontificate a lesson and punishment. I've said it over and over - he'd make a great Hitler Youth Leader.

Pricsilla always looks confused and strained. I can't decide if she's more like when my puppy desperately tries to express himself but just can't (literally) make the words to speak OR more like a wind up doll whose little string on her back is stretched too much and about to snap, so she just garbles out the same phrases with a plastered smile. You don't know what order the phrases will come in, but for every occasion, it's the same few programmed expressions, and the string is definitely about to snap. 

• Love 22

Razzleberry pie, you just described Prissy to a Tee!  I have watched all her videos, some for entertainment purposes, and sometimes just to try to see what is behind Prissy. In order for her to constantly spout the same Gothard-Approved sentences over and over and over again, well, that must be the type of speech she hears over all day long.  David must talk that way.   The strain in living this way is taking it's toll.  And they are just at Baby # 3!  I wonder how secure David's job is with the Gothard company.  Isn't that company going down, and then what will David do?  Is he educated in a field of work?

• Love 1
23 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Lol, these Fundie girl Instagrams make me feel so inadequate. Do these couples ever fight? Do they ever get on each other's nerves? Their husbands have no annoying habits that make them want to pull their hair out? They luv, luv, LUV being a mommy 100% of the time? They never have bad days? It's just sunshine, unicorns and endless romance 24/7? Don't get me wrong, I love Mr. Bitter Apple dearly, but he has a habit of leaving an inch of juice left in the carton instead of drinking it and throwing it out, and it's been slowly pushing me into Lizzie Borden territory for the past ten years.....

And yes, stay the hell off my lawn or I'll bust out the hose. 

That could be said about a lot of social media feeds.  People only post what they want others to see and what makes them look good.  

That's why I loved Erin's video.  She isn't afraid to admit she gave her kid cookie dough for breakfast and anyone who doesn't like it can eff off (okay, maybe not that last part).

• Love 8
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Razzleberry pie, you just described Prissy to a Tee!  I have watched all her videos, some for entertainment purposes, and sometimes just to try to see what is behind Prissy. In order for her to constantly spout the same Gothard-Approved sentences over and over and over again, well, that must be the type of speech she hears over all day long.  David must talk that way.   The strain in living this way is taking it's toll.  And they are just at Baby # 3!  I wonder how secure David's job is with the Gothard company.  Isn't that company going down, and then what will David do?  Is he educated in a field of work?

I used to post about them and how bizarre they are a lot, but honestly felt guilty bc he has this underlying cruel streak, and stares at her like he's just waiting to trip her up so he can lecture her, and she seems terrified of messing up. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, louannems said:

I wonder how secure David's job is with the Gothard company.  Isn't that company going down, and then what will David do?  Is he educated in a field of work?

Does this Gothard group get a tax break like a church?  Anyway to find out how many employees it has?

ETA:  Just answered one of my own questions:

It is a non-profit tax-exempt religious or charitable organization as defined by the IRS.[1]--Wikipedia

Edited by riverblue22
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

That could be said about a lot of social media feeds.  People only post what they want others to see and what makes them look good.  

That's why I loved Erin's video.  She isn't afraid to admit she gave her kid cookie dough for breakfast and anyone who doesn't like it can eff off (okay, maybe not that last part).

And she did it without makeup!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Zella said:
9 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I've said it over and over - he'd make a great Hitler Youth Leader.

I wish I could like this more than once. :)

I've always thought it but didn't have the nerve to say it.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Zahdii said:

That being said, those knit things he's wearing look too uncomfortable to me.  The yarn looks too thick and stiff, but I admit I don't know just what's best for newborns.  I also have a personal issue with mittens.  It's easy to trim baby's nails so they don't scratch themselves, so why hide their hands and fingers from them?

I agree with you & the stiffness of the baby's items were the first thing I noticed.  The mittens look like they would fit a four year old. My mom loves to crochet & has made many a baby afghan and sweater set over the years but always uses the much softer baby yarn. Even my baby dolls had hand crocheted sweaters & booties.

• Love 4