Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I've noticed that too - she seems to be standing the way tall girls stand when they want to appear shorter.  I wonder if Jill coached her on that, or she's trying to somehow shrink herself down to match her shorter older sisters.

Who is supposed to pay for the other half of the DQ Blizzard??  Even a dollar won't cover that.  It's cruel to give a kid that has no means of earning money a coupon for 50% off something that they can't afford.  My guess is the coupon winner gets to go with Dave to "share" that Blizzard.

And why, on Easter, do we need to see a picture of KayJon making out, along with a teapot-posed (I love that description) Jill and her on-the-market oldest girls?  What does that have to do with the religious holiday?

Also, Jill?  Not everything you wear has to be the same color.  Sincerely, Purple.

Ummm her shoes are white lol

It is possible that Jill does not know the difference between the 1 year "let's study the bible for a while" program and thr 3 year missionary program.   Because 1) Jill is not the brightest bulb in the chandelier and 2) it's not about her so she doesn't care to learn the difference.   

• Like 21
  • Useful 1
7 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

It is possible that Jill does not know the difference between the 1 year "let's study the bible for a while" program and thr 3 year missionary program.   Because 1) Jill is not the brightest bulb in the chandelier and 2) it's not about her so she doesn't care to learn the difference.   

It could have been Phillip who course corrected, realizing that school is HARD. But bible memorization is easy! 

• Like 12
6 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Judging from her interactions with Moody Bible College, your theory is entirely plausible. Unlike Moody, however, Massillon BC is not a complex organization. There are only seven programs of study, and each is clearly defined. The program descriptions are even written at Jill's reading level.

29 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It could have been Phillip who course corrected, realizing that school is HARD. But bible memorization is easy! 

I suppose he could have switched at the end of the first semester. The good news now is he does not have to write the dreaded ten-page thesis. Did he submit his topic anyway? 

Will Jill ever mention Phillip's burden to be a missionary in Hungary again? I don't know how she could spin that a three-year missionary training program had morphed into one year of general bible study. But Jill is Jill. 

Many years ago, I was on the jury of a civil trial. The plaintiff's lawyers came in with a rather sketchy theory to back their position.  We on the jury must have looked skeptical because the next day, the attorneys had completely changed the theory. No explanation. Maybe they thought we wouldn't notice. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 9
On 4/5/2023 at 10:05 AM, farmgal4 said:

Samuel’s teeth didn’t look like they needed braces.  Medicaid will pay for braces for children under the age of 18 only if they’re needed.  Medicaid may’ve refused to pay for Samuel’s so he had to go with Invisalign.  TBH, I’m not sure why Tessie is wearing braces.  She had beautiful teeth IMO.  Apparently some Fundie families are very focused on good dental care.  JB Duggar said that he and Michelle wanted to make sure that all of their kids had good teeth.  Maybe Jill is focused on teeth too, even though the waifs look as though they’re severely ill.

The kids would be lucky to have a focus on teeth that WORK, not just look good. My MIL is forever nutritionally damaged by the orthodontist who said she didn’t need braces because her teeth were straight. Fucked up bite for yeeeears and now at age 80 she’s in pain and can hardly eat.

On 4/6/2023 at 11:19 AM, merylinkid said:

and ignoring Ma too.   I notice Pa is not putting his foot down about Ma being trotted out for all this grifting.    Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

This or that:

-Grandpa Duggar wheeled around on an office chair 

or

-Ma Noyes dragged around, left in pain, ignored, and starved while others gorge themselves

On 4/9/2023 at 11:50 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Tim is almost 23. No need for him to be hunting for candy.

Hey, it keeps his mind off of lustful thoughts about Heidi!

1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Judging from her interactions with Moody Bible College, your theory is entirely plausible. Unlike Moody, however, Massillon BC is not a complex organization. There are only seven programs of study, and each is clearly defined. The program descriptions are even written at Jill's reading level.

I suppose he could have switched at the end of the first semester. The good news now is he does not have to write the dreaded ten-page thesis. Did he submit his topic anyway? 

Will Jill ever mention Phillip's burden to be a missionary in Hungary again? I don't know how she could spin that a three-year missionary training program had morphed into one year of general bible study. But Jill is Jill. 

Many years ago, I was on the jury of a civil trial. The plaintiff's lawyers came in with a rather sketchy theory to back their position.  We on the jury must have looked skeptical because the next day, the attorneys had completely changed the theory. No explanation. Maybe they thought we wouldn't notice. 

A “thesis” that is 10 pages? That’s barely scratching the surface. Did those in my sleep in college. But it fits with the stupid idea that  “quoting Bible verses from memory” = understanding biblical doctrine.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, LilJen said:

A “thesis” that is 10 pages? That’s barely scratching the surface. Did those in my sleep in college. But it fits with the stupid idea that  “quoting Bible verses from memory” = understanding biblical doctrine.

10 pages is barely a high school term paper.  

Although that may have looked quite daunting to Philip.  I haven't recovered from his test being writing out Bible verses.  Bible verse from a book that I expect he has with him six days of the week.  

• Like 10
1 hour ago, LilJen said:

The kids would be lucky to have a focus on teeth that WORK, not just look good. My MIL is forever nutritionally damaged by the orthodontist who said she didn’t need braces because her teeth were straight. Fucked up bite for yeeeears and now at age 80 she’s in pain and can hardly eat.

This or that:

-Grandpa Duggar wheeled around on an office chair 

or

-Ma Noyes dragged around, left in pain, ignored, and starved while others gorge themselves

Hey, it keeps his mind off of lustful thoughts about Heidi!

I did those in my sleep in college in a foreign language. This is pathetic. 

40 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

The middle two girls have a realky unhealthy pallor.  The talkest looks like she is breastfedding her doll.

"We ordered" = got someone to buy.  

Right - aren’t those extremely pricey? Also, so fucking creepy!

• Like 9
3 minutes ago, AstridM said:

I did those in my sleep in college in a foreign language. This is pathetic. 

Right - aren’t those extremely pricey? Also, so fucking creepy!

Their  website has them " on sale" for close to $90 each. Regular price is well over $100. There is a discount if you buy 2.

• Mind Blown 9
50 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

321AB84B-78B5-45BC-8BAB-5D77DB28CDBA.jpeg

I saw a different picture of the girls on Reddit and the blonde one(Sadie?) looks very unhealthy in those. Sofia should be closer in height to Sadie than Janessa

2 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

So on Janessa's birthday her sisters get the same present that she gets?  What a family.  But considering that one child received one diaper in a paper sack for one birthday, I guess this is better.

If memory serves me right, these may be be better presents than those three girls received on Christmas.

How does Janessa know about Minnie, I thought that would be seen as way too worldly by these people.

• Like 14

Isn't Olivia like eleven years old or something?  Is it just me or is that kind of old for playing with dolls?  

And where the hell did Jill get the money for four of those beastly little creations?  Did someone actually buy them for her?   

If I was going to buy the kids something I'd get them decent shoes or art supplies or ... something.  Not those latex abominations! 

• Like 11
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Isn't Olivia like eleven years old or something?  Is it just me or is that kind of old for playing with dolls?  

And where the hell did Jill get the money for four of those beastly little creations?  Did someone actually buy them for her?   

If I was going to buy the kids something I'd get them decent shoes or art supplies or ... something.  Not those latex abominations! 

I thought the same thing about Olivia.  An 11 year old doesn't want a baby doll, but as her main goal in life will be to get married and have babies, it doesn't surprise me.  I'm sure Jill didn't provide the money for the dolls.

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
10 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I guess seeing her playing mama to a ghoulish little doll is better than her playing wife to a gottam broom! 

But isn't the broom the baby daddy? They got married! Or are these all little bastard babies? 😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 19
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

They aren’t real Reborn dolls, just cheap knockoffs. The real ones look like real dead babies to me and they are life-size.

Edited by YupItsMe
  • Like 9
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 5

I cannot believe it was 5 years ago I gave birth to this miracle, little girl!  She has made her way into every LOVE fiber of my being!  I love her beyond description!  💓  We had a Minnie Mouse birthday party for her at Chick-fil-A with family & friends!  🥰  It was a special night!  😊

7F9220CE-79EB-4AD3-82FB-7D8E798F8FAD.jpeg

7D773EC9-9AA1-47C7-A736-1EB088F08649.jpeg

Jill’s parents were also there.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3

So was this like the rod birthday parties at the mall - they go in with their own decorations and bring a few boxes of Little Debbie cakes and candles, but order no food? they each probably have water in those cups.

Also "Baby" Janessa is now 5 years old, so maybe she can stop being carried/held in every freaking family photo.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 17
Just now, GeeGolly said:

Jill filtered Sophia's face in the picture with the dolls.

Which one is Sophia in the pictures above?

All three girls look ill, especially the one with her hand on her chin. 

What friends were there?

Most places will give you a small plastic cup for water so either Jonathan or MM sprung for at least drinks.

Janessa looks cute in that outfit. 

• Like 5

Maybe one of the working males paid for that birthday party so everyone got a piece of chicken along with their drink. 

The only way the Rods would be in a restaurant is if someone other than Jill or David picks up the check. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 2

Someone in David’s family bought those dolls. $5 says after the pictures the dolls are now in mahmos closet collecting dust.

Someone paid for chik fil a too. Ma and Pa probably.

Rod parents are the worst in Ohio. 

On Easter kids use plastic bags for eggs. Mahmo didn’t even buy them $1 baskets.

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 1
  • Sad 11
46 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

If you want a real treat, go to Jill's IG story and listen to her screech harmony to the Happy Birthday song in the middle of Chik-Fil-A!  You're welcome!

Oh what was that? Lol my ears are bleeding. Jill really likes to out screech everyone. My my my…

• LOL 7
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I cannot believe it was 5 years ago I gave birth to this miracle, little girl!  She has made her way into every LOVE fiber of my being!  I love her beyond description!  💓  We had a Minnie Mouse birthday party for her at Chick-fil-A with family & friends!  🥰  It was a special night!  😊

7F9220CE-79EB-4AD3-82FB-7D8E798F8FAD.jpeg

7D773EC9-9AA1-47C7-A736-1EB088F08649.jpeg

Jill’s parents were also there.

I like the doll just plopped on the table. Maybe she just isn't into baby dolls? 

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I like the doll just plopped on the table. Maybe she just isn't into baby dolls? 

She's practicing the childcare techniques she's learning at home. Plop the kid down and hope that someone else watches it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 16

Not only is Sofia small for her age, has a pallor to her skin, and seems to be taking a long time to get her front teeth, her jaw also appears to be misaligned. This bothers me because it could affect her bite and cause trouble as she gets older if it isn't already. 

If she were my kid, I'd be taking her in for checkups. Since the Rods appear to have Medicaid, they can access medical care. Maybe Jill is more afraid of CPS than she is concerned about her children's wellbeing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 18

I am of the opinion that Kaylee set that whole party up, bought the decorations and the MM outfit, and Grampa paid for the food. I bet Kaylee feels like they are rolling in dough since Jonathon has a real job and it’s only the 2 of them (for now) and she probably wants to give her little sisters new clothes and fun, personalized experiences that she never had.

• Like 8
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Her kids are skin and bones and their coloring is sickly. Poor kids need better parents.

Are these kids allowed to play outside?  We see an occasional post from Jill, usually in the winter, where everyone is taking a bike ride or walk but half the kids aren't dressed properly.  Those girls need fresh air, sunshine and good food.  Instead they probably inhale AquaNet fumes most days, get to look at the sunshine from inside Jill's tchotchke house and a good dinner consists of leftover wilted salad in a take-out box from Olive Garden.

• Like 1
  • Sad 14
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Are these kids allowed to play outside?  We see an occasional post from Jill, usually in the winter, where everyone is taking a bike ride or walk but half the kids aren't dressed properly.  Those girls need fresh air, sunshine and good food.  

I don’t think those poor little girls are allowed to play.

• Like 1
  • Sad 18

I'm shocked Jill did a Minnie Mouse themed party for Janessa.  I would have though the House of Mouse is verboten in the Rod's house with Disney World employing AMAB individuals as Fairy Godmothers in their Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, etc.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
15 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I'm shocked Jill did a Minnie Mouse themed party for Janessa.  I would have though the House of Mouse is verboten in the Rod's house with Disney World employing AMAB individuals as Fairy Godmothers in their Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, etc.  

Maybe everything was on clearance? And it is pink after all. 

• Like 3