Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

And I’m sure Jilly didn’t open up her wallet (otherwise all the moths would fly out). Someone else ~ maybe Jonathon or Mystery Man? bought all the decorations and gifts, and someone else bought the food. No way Jilly was going to take money from her hair extension/ eyeliner/ eyeshadow/vacation fund to pay for something as  frivolous as her youngest child’s birthday party. Sheesh.

• Like 16
6 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

And I’m sure Jilly didn’t open up her wallet (otherwise all the moths would fly out). Someone else ~ maybe Jonathon or Mystery Man? bought all the decorations and gifts, and someone else bought the food. No way Jilly was going to take money from her hair extension/ eyeliner/ eyeshadow/vacation fund to pay for something as  frivolous as her youngest child’s birthday party. Sheesh.

But she will brag about it. 

• Like 13
14 hours ago, SMama said:

How long has that Rod waif been missing her front teeth? Seems like a long time.

Not that long.  Sadie, on the other hand, didn’t have any front teeth for well over a year.  I was beginning to think that she had no permanent teeth because of poor nutrition.  I think Janessa is going to be Jill 2.0.  Janessa loves to be photographed and videotaped, unlike the rest of the kids.  Of course, she’s the baby so Jill gives her much more attention than she gives the other kids, so it doesn’t surprise me that Janessa is very much like her POS mother.  Janessa gets much better birthdays than any of her siblings, which is terrible IMO.

• Like 4
  • Sad 10

Didn't they JUST get back from a grift tour.   Now they were off on another one?

Which explains the "are you in WV?"  "Almost" line.  If they were in Western MD, they were practically in WV or PA.   

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

Shouldn't JillR be touting what THEY did FOR the church and revival? Like she's saying the quiet part aloud - we GRIFT from church to church. That's freaking insane.

They do east coast tours like a band, except they suck and get gifts out of pity, not because anyone wants to pay to see them - all in the name of Jesus.

Shit, maybe my husband and I will finally buy that camper and vacation up and down the east coast on others' dime. We'll sing folk songs with subtle progressive messages and smile all the way to the next church.

It'll be a little competition - the Rods come through and fill them with backwards hate, then the Gollys come through and leave behind forward thinking love.

• Like 14
  • Applause 10

Maybe someone from the church felt sorry for the little girls and gave Jill the dolls to give to the girls. Jill held on to them until Janessa 's birthday so it would look like she gave them the dolls.

• Like 13
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Shouldn't JillR be touting what THEY did FOR the church and revival?

One would think.   But this is Jill we are talking about.   It's never about others (despite some VERY explicit messages regarding same) in the Bible -- even in the KJV version.

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Shit, maybe my husband and I will finally buy that camper and vacation up and down the east coast on others' dime. We'll sing folk songs with subtle progressive messages and smile all the way to the next church.

Believe me, reading this thread, the thought has crossed my mind.   Hubby and I certainly cannot do WORSE than boring DBD and screeching Jillme

• Like 8
  • LOL 7
13 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Wonder why David isn’t a pastor?

Because it's actually a lot of work if you're doing it right. As to quote my grandma, he wouldn't work in a pie factory. 

• Like 14
  • LOL 6
18 minutes ago, louannems said:

Poor Hanna is dressed in an old lady polyester dress from the goodwill bargain bin.

Most of the time, all the girls are. No rhyme or reason. There are nice and modest clothes out there, even if you go to Goodwill. 

• Like 9
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

How does he feel being a failure in work (ha!) and as a provider?

He does not care.   He's even said "don't ask me to print something new, its too hard."   He doesn't see himself as a failure.   He has the exact lifestyle he wants.   Not working, eating all he wants, and then napping in front of the map, everything is given to them by others.   He only ocassionally has to hit a button on a printer (the kids do the rest) and drive the stink bus.   

• Like 22
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

If Jill died first how fast will David remarry? Would he marry a woman who would have more kids for him?

I don't think David would want more kids. If Jill died, the current kids would be even more feral, fending for themselves.

• Like 4
  • Sad 9
8 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think DBD would work in a pie factory. 😃

She has never in fact commented on what one does in a pie factory. But it's her go-to insult for anyone she considers lazy. 😂

• LOL 21

I think the Rods are missing out.  In college, I had a friend who's father tested cake mixes at General Mills.  He baked a cake from each new batch of cake mix that they made to make sure it was correct.  He baked cakes all day.  My friend always brought cake to any gathering we had.  DBD should get a job at a food factory.  He could make (and eat) pies, or any other prepared food.  But baking is not man's work, so I guess this wouldn't fly with him.

• Like 16

“What a GREAT week we had at Harmony Baptist Church in Maryland last week for their Revival Services!  We are so thankful for this church and their faithful support to our family and ministry.  We know that we have TRUE friends at this church! 💛 We love you, and thank you for ALL you did for us while we were there!  With Gratitude, The Rodrigues Family 🥰😊❤️💙

Some sort of falling out at their “home church”, perhaps?

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 3
26 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I think the Rods are missing out.  In college, I had a friend who's father tested cake mixes at General Mills.  He baked a cake from each new batch of cake mix that they made to make sure it was correct.  He baked cakes all day.  My friend always brought cake to any gathering we had.  DBD should get a job at a food factory.  He could make (and eat) pies, or any other prepared food.  But baking is not man's work, so I guess this wouldn't fly with him.

While Dave might consider baking to be women's work, a lot of men work in the food industry. However, baking for a living is hard work. It's all standing and moving around, and commercial ovens are hot and run all the time. It's much easier for DBD to deliver a stale sermon and point to the love offering jar rather than getting up every morning and going to a job. 

Since Dave gets to dip up first at every meal, it's of no concern to him whether or not his children get enough to eat. 

Cake mix tester does sound like a neat job, however. 

Edited by BradandJanet
missing space
  • Like 11
  • Useful 1
On 4/11/2023 at 8:30 PM, galaxygirl76 said:

I saw a different picture of the girls on Reddit and the blonde one(Sadie?) looks very unhealthy in those. Sofia should be closer in height to Sadie than Janessa

If memory serves me right, these may be be better presents than those three girls received on Christmas.

How does Janessa know about Minnie, I thought that would be seen as way too worldly by these people.

If I remember correctly, Jill and David took one of the children (yes, only ONE because it was her special week or month) to Disney World several years ago.  Let that sink in for a minute.  All of the other children had to sit and watch ONE of their siblings get to spend the entire day at Disney World and then, when they returned, those same children had to sit and hear about what a great time they had.  That alone speaks volumes about what sadistic pieces of shit Jill and David are.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 11
  • Fire 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

“What a GREAT week we had at Harmony Baptist Church in Maryland last week for their Revival Services!  We are so thankful for this church and their faithful support to our family and ministry.  We know that we have TRUE friends at this church! 💛 We love you, and thank you for ALL you did for us while we were there!  With Gratitude, The Rodrigues Family 🥰😊❤️💙

Some sort of falling out at their “home church”, perhaps?

Oh definitely yes. Sidney Dingus is not her Facebook friend anymore. 

my guess the rest of the Dingus are done with the rods. And most of the rest of the congregation…

when did Jill buy anyone dinner or bring them a pizza when they asked? My guess never.

Jill didn’t even want to drive the church member home after her medical appointment… I can’t forget that mean post. Jill and David are users and trash people.

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

CFB8F847-D8BE-49DE-AC25-7E7A0D47F0AA.jpeg

AD61C1AB-4993-477F-A59F-E7152881F495.jpeg

1E59BE6D-64AB-4164-915B-CFF1524A736C.jpeg

FD05E4AB-EE26-41E8-9551-71C1B4DF8603.jpeg

TRUE friends, does that mean some "friends" caught on to her grifting and don't give her stuff for free now?! It seems the only TRUE friends are the ones she can get a free meal or vacation from

I have some questions for Jill - When have we ever seen you give to others? Have you ever bought a meal out for your "friends"? Have you ever given your "friends" money when their car broke down? Have you ever helped your "friends" when they needed your help? I bet we all know the answers to those questions.

She will get her due one day!

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 9
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill didn’t even want to drive the church member home after her medical appointment… I can’t forget that mean post. Jill and David are users and trash people.

That was so bad. Jill was miffed the person even asked her and then Jill had the gall to include that the person wasn't even an important person at church or anything as justifying her not wanting to give the woman a ride.

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 2
  • Fire 6
  • Applause 5
57 minutes ago, smallfry said:

TRUE friends, does that mean some "friends" caught on to her grifting and don't give her stuff for free now?! It seems the only TRUE friends are the ones she can get a free meal or vacation from

I have some questions for Jill - When have we ever seen you give to others? Have you ever bought a meal out for your "friends"? Have you ever given your "friends" money when their car broke down? Have you ever helped your "friends" when they needed your help? I bet we all know the answers to those questions.

She will get her due one day!

Karma... it's coming for you, Jill! 

34 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

That was so bad. Jill was miffed the person even asked her and then Jill had the gall to include that the person wasn't even an important person at church or anything as justifying her not wanting to give the woman a ride.

Or a glass of water when they got her home. Jill acted all put out by that like she did something above and beyond.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 10
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I don't think David would want more kids. If Jill died, the current kids would be even more feral, fending for themselves.

And unmarried forever. I think Jill is doing all the matchmaking!

Will mystery man allow Rene to cut off her hair? It’s so fried it needs to be cut and regrown. 

Will Rene stop wearing brown lipstick once she is married? And keep her eyebrows as is? Sperm eyebrows are not cute. 

Will mystery man let her have her own chicken leg for dinner?

• Like 5
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Karma... it's coming for you, Jill! 

Or a glass of water when they got her home. Jill acted all put out by that like she did something above and beyond.

As I recall I think it was even worse than giving her a ride from a medical appointment.  It was a ride home from a hospital stay.

• Like 7
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

If that doesn’t define Jill, I don’t know what would.

• Like 20

I think @ginger90 is onto something. Maybe the Rod's local church or a grifting church or two has "broken their relationship" with the Rods.

Other than doing their Fundy duty I really can't figure out why churches have them back. I know if I was a church member I'd be initiating a vote to drop them before their RV left the parking lot. Once a year is bad enough, and a couple times a week must be torture. 

I just can't imagine living in a circle where the Rods and Rod-like families are the norm. It makes me shudder to think about it.

• Like 22
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Phillip "preached" at Joy Baptist this past Sunday. So, I think they're still good on the homefront. It's probably someone who is now doing something that Jill disagrees with (like pants or some such). 

Or someone (Dingus?) who got tired of their constant taking, never reciprocating; and cut them off from free sides of beef, birthday parties, wedding cakes, etc.

• Like 16