Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

My favorite was when she said when fasting it’s nice to chew on something referring to a tiny protein bar.

If you are eating a protein bar, you are not fasting.  No wonder Jill has to always "reset."  Also fasting to lose weight is a bad idea.  Because you just gain it all back when you eat again.   And you probably overeat because you are so hungry.

• Like 15
  • Applause 5

Why does JillyBean need to “reset”? She just uses so many filters etc in her posts to attain what she views as her best look. Why bother to do anything? Just photoshop and filter!

• LOL 16
11 hours ago, SMama said:

Then why did Samuel have to do knock off Invisalign?

Samuel’s teeth didn’t look like they needed braces.  Medicaid will pay for braces for children under the age of 18 only if they’re needed.  Medicaid may’ve refused to pay for Samuel’s so he had to go with Invisalign.  TBH, I’m not sure why Tessie is wearing braces.  She had beautiful teeth IMO.  Apparently some Fundie families are very focused on good dental care.  JB Duggar said that he and Michelle wanted to make sure that all of their kids had good teeth.  Maybe Jill is focused on teeth too, even though the waifs look as though they’re severely ill.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
11 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Samuel’s teeth didn’t look like they needed braces.  Medicaid will pay for braces for children under the age of 18 only if they’re needed.  Medicaid may’ve refused to pay for Samuel’s so he had to go with Invisalign.  TBH, I’m not sure why Tessie is wearing braces.  She had beautiful teeth IMO.  Apparently some Fundie families are very focused on good dental care.  JB Duggar said that he and Michelle wanted to make sure that all of their kids had good teeth.  Maybe Jill is focused on teeth too, even though the waifs look as though they’re severely ill.

Focus on their teeth, and cosmetic intervention to avoid scars (Duggars with the girls, not the boys). Who cares about well nourished, educated, well rounded children? Add speech therapy, and any intervention services to the things fundies don’t give a flying fig about. But look at their beautiful teeth! 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Like 5
  • Sad 12
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
53 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Watching her pour two packets of brown crud into a cup of water and seeing the particles float to the top in chunks was fantastic marketing.  I also enjoyed her own comment about the fact that the faucet she was pouring from was dirty (she wasn't lying).  She's a marvelous salesperson.  She should be running Plexus by now.

She didn’t even drink it on camera. So it must be very un tasty! 

And mixed it with bathroom water? No microwave it?

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
Just now, GeeGolly said:

The need for braces has to do with a lot more than straight teeth. Often times that is a small part of the goal.

Attracting a godly young man?

16 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Sidney Dingus is no longer friends with Jill on Facebook . Gee wonder what happened…

She finally caught on to the fact she was nothing more than a mark to Jill? Got sick of giving and never receiving? 

• Like 9
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The need for braces has to do with a lot more than straight teeth. Often times that is a small part of the goal.

True.  My daughter had an open bite that needed correcting (thanks, daddy!)  😁

I'm surprised Jill didn't take her photo on the toilet, with her "reset" nonsense.  Where is the video?

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

True.  My daughter had an open bite that needed correcting (thanks, daddy!)  😁

I'm surprised Jill didn't take her photo on the toilet, with her "reset" nonsense.  Where is the video?

Instagram 

• Thanks 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Watching her pour two packets of brown crud into a cup of water and seeing the particles float to the top in chunks was fantastic marketing.  I also enjoyed her own comment about the fact that the faucet she was pouring from was dirty (she wasn't lying).  She's a marvelous salesperson.  She should be running Plexus by now.

I tried to attach the picture of this to a previous post but it didn’t show up. So gross!

ETA- here it is!

B0049A8E-1CA2-4DD4-A5C6-3C88859E558B.jpeg

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 1
  • LOL 17
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Focus on their teeth, and cosmetic intervention to avoid scars (Duggars with the girls, not the boys). Who cares about well nourished, educated, well rounded children? Add speech therapy, and any intervention services to the things fundies don’t give a flying fig about. But look at their beautiful teeth! 🤦🏽‍♀️

They showed that on 19K&C with Hannie. Joe did get braces as did Jackson. I can't think of any other Duggar boys who did though.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

They showed that on 19K&C with Hannie. Joe did get braces as did Jackson. I can't think of any other Duggar boys who did though.

And when a J boy fell down the orchestra pit there was no talk about cosmetic work to hide the scar. I think JB even said in a TH that it was only for the girls. How are you supposed to marry them off otherwise? 🙄

• Sad 10
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I didn’t hear her say anything about the dirty sink (I think she was in the stink bus), but I have a weak stomach right now and I literally gagged when I saw that cup full of nastiness.  I don’t know how anyone could stand to drink that.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Sidney Dingus is no longer friends with Jill on Facebook . Gee wonder what happened…

Jill probably goes through friends like other people go through toilet paper.  She’s uses them up and then throws them away.  When they can’t, or won’t, do anything else for her, they’re done.

• Like 16
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, AstridM said:

I tried to attach the picture of this to a previous post but it didn’t show up. So gross!

ETA- here it is!

B0049A8E-1CA2-4DD4-A5C6-3C88859E558B.jpeg

I’m sure she sent a waif in to clean the faucet when she noticed it was dirty.

• Sad 5
9 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yeah, pretty sure that's the stink bus. Don't they ever stay home? 

Where's Ma?

I think Ma and Pa went home but if not, they’re probably at the barndo being taken care of by Kaylee.  Kaylee is a pregnant newlywed who has had to take care of a stroke victim pretty much the entire time she’s been married.  That speaks volumes about her POS mother.

• Like 6
  • Sad 15
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I think Ma and Pa went home but if not, they’re probably at the barndo being taken care of by Kaylee.  Kaylee is a pregnant newlywed who has had to take care of a stroke victim pretty much the entire time she’s been married.  That speaks volumes about her POS mother.

I saw someone in her comments say something about she must be getting near west virginia and jill said almost. but now i can't find it.

Maybe ma and pa are just now going home and the rods are going along and staying to grift resurrection sunday dinner of them or amy's family.

This was obviously filmed right before or after a grift stop, since they all have the black and blue outfits and are in the rv.

• Useful 7
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I saw someone in her comments say something about she must be getting near west virginia and jill said almost. but now i can't find it.

C9E471A5-A554-460C-9E0E-67CD5FCEF2CA.jpeg

That quoted strangely. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

So is this the "wounded relationship" Jill mentioned a few days ago?

The Dingus family figured out the JRods in about the time it takes to eat half a cow and a wedding cake. So nope, they dropped her about two years ago.

• Like 12

Jill posted a short video of herself and DBD, Ma and Pa, and KayJon on a triple date at the NICE Olive Garden. Sadly, Ma was unresponsive when Jill demanded she say hi. And Pa was so busy wolfing down his pasta that he couldn't help Ma, whose plate looked untouched (while DBD's plate was scraped clean). 

She can't help herself. Horrible video. 

• Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 27
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill posted a short video of herself and DBD, Ma and Pa, and KayJon on a triple date at the NICE Olive Garden. Sadly, Ma was unresponsive when Jill demanded she say hi. And Pa was so busy wolfing down his pasta that he couldn't help Ma, whose plate looked untouched (while DBD's plate was scraped clean). 

She can't help herself. Horrible video. 

After the NICE Olive Garden food, she’s going to have to reset the reset. 

• LOL 24
(edited)
5 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She can't help herself. Horrible video

It was. Of course it was a “triple date”. 🤦‍♀️

Notice she didn’t bother to say Jonathan’s name after she mentioned NotNurie? But, he had the smile for the camera down.

Edited by ginger90
  • Sad 11

Yes, lousy video.  During Jill's first pan around the table, Ma looked to be leaning far over to one side while Pa was busy scarfing his food.

I'm sure by now the kids and other family members are used to Jill whipping out her phone and demanding them to smile or chat as she pans around the table, but no one ever gets a break to just freaking eat and relax.  You never know when Mahmo is going to snap her fingers and make you perform - doesn't matter if you've just shoved a forkful of pasta into your mouth.  In fact, I feel like Jill enjoys catching her kids and family in those awkward moments.  Wonder how she'd like it if someone videoed her while she attempted to chew an entire breadstick?

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

Yum, a chunky smoothie blended up in a dirty Ninja on top of a filthy counter.  Where do I sign?

Message Jill lol.

I think that’s the blender she got for free from plexus lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Poor ma. Jill should have been feeding her instead of filming yet another GRIFTED dinner. I bet Jonathan paid.

Pa just kept scarfing down the pasta and ignoring Jill. I loved that!

Daves plate was licked clean.

Pasta is cheap why not make it at home? 

• Like 11
Just now, oliviabenson said:

Poor ma. Jill should have been feeding her instead of filming yet another GRIFTED dinner. I bet Jonathan paid.

Pa just kept scarfing down the pasta and ignoring Jill. I loved that!

Daves plate was licked clean.

Pasta is cheap why not make it at home? 

OG food is cheap too but costs $$. Add in the iceberg lettuce and the frozen breadsticks, they could have fed the whole family for what that meal costs. 

47 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

BE7E18D0-D7B7-4410-8149-C5392C9C5E1E.jpeg

F45ABF9B-7294-459A-973C-EC96312E7830.jpeg

What’s the point of the reset if you gonna go to Olive Garden to eat pasta?

Jill had pasta on her plate!

Reset = scam 

She's going to need to do a dozen resets to cancel out that meal! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

Jill's face certainly looks thin in the photo of her sipping the glass of sludge. Is it Plexus or the magic of filters?

We don't need to worry about Jill's mixing the drink with dirty water. Plexus is famous for taking care of all gut issues (and any other unfortunate health problems), if I remember correctly. She just needs to stay near a toilet. 

• LOL 13
(edited)
19 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill's face certainly looks thin in the photo of her sipping the glass of sludge. Is it Plexus or the magic of filters?

We don't need to worry about Jill's mixing the drink with dirty water. Plexus is famous for taking care of all gut issues (and any other unfortunate health problems), if I remember correctly. She just needs to stay near a toilet. 

Jill filters herself 

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 5
21 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Who pays for Jill’s reset ? It’s $150! 

And filling up their RV is $500.

Where do they get that kinda $$$?

Jill probably gets a deep discount on her Plexus crap.  Gas for the RV likely comes from their church warbling tour.  Dinners out are paid for by whichever unfortunate son-in-law happens to get roped into date night with Ma and Pa Grift.  Jill is a horrible human but she certainly has figured out how to live the high life on Dave's part-time printing job.

If only she'd feed her kids.  Wonder if she brought them the leftover breadsticks.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 2
5 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Jill probably gets a deep discount on her Plexus crap.  Gas for the RV likely comes from their church warbling tour.  Dinners out are paid for by whichever unfortunate son-in-law happens to get roped into date night with Ma and Pa Grift.  Jill is a horrible human but she certainly has figured out how to live the high life on Dave's part-time printing job.

If only she'd feed her kids.  Wonder if she brought them the leftover breadsticks.  

OG has gotten kind of skimpy on their breadsticks. The last time I went with two friends, they gave us three. When we asked for more, they gave us three more..... and then our server didn't come back for a LONG time. 

• Mind Blown 6
  • LOL 1