Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I'm shocked that Jill is following Smiley Dude's rules. It seems like something she would not do.

Also, Is anyone else thinking that Trace Bates will somehow name his son after him? 

56 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

So far Nathan and Jonathan are dancing to Jill’s tune. Both do whatever she wants. 

Jill can bring you into the family, and she can take you out. 

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, Meow Mix said:

Not only in love, but probably super horny.  These guys can't do anything to release that tension because masturbating is off limits as well.  They must be climbing the walls by the time they put a ring on it.

Ha, for some reason I'm visualizing a ring that isn't placed on a finger.  😈😊

• Applause 1
  • LOL 15
1 minute ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I'm shocked that Jill is following Smiley Dude's rules. It seems like something she would not do.

Also, Is anyone else thinking that Trace Bates will somehow name his son after him? 

I think the kid will get Trace's middle name, Whitfield. They said that they wanted something German-ish to recognize Lydia's background. They already have a name lined up. 

• Like 2

I think if these people had been allowed to actually date (like the rest of us) they wouldn’t refer to every outing as a “date”.  I swear, if two of them go to the grocery store it’s a “date” to them. 

• Like 14
  • LOL 2
4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think the kid will get Trace's middle name, Whitfield. They said that they wanted something German-ish to recognize Lydia's background. They already have a name lined up. 

Whitfield sounds profoundly English to me.

• Like 7
(edited)
23 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Whitfield sounds profoundly English to me.

Yeah, I think they go with a first name like Karl. Sorry I wasn't more clear that I intended for Whitfield to be the middle name.

For those who don't follow the Bateses closely, Lydia's family immigrated from Germany when she was 10. She says she's working on getting her green card.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

So far Nathan and Jonathan are dancing to Jill’s tune. Both do whatever she wants.

but they seem to have set some limits. Surely jill demands daily pics of/facetimes with the nurthlings, Yet we see mostly just the monthly first year pics of them. unless it is when Jill is actually with them and films them herself. then she posts it all.

Jonathan and Kaylee said no to the grift tour and pics of them are the house reno, bump pics or with jill. We never hear a peep of them going out with friends their age or visiting his family. Surely the Hill's gave them a wedding shower Jill either did not attend or wasn't allowed to take pics.  Jill has somehow managed to not blab where Jonathan, Phillip and possibly Samuel work.

as far as Renee's guy and the smiley face - he sat there and had his pic taken for the "quadruple date" pic surely knowing jill's history of posting such things.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I just don't see the slightest glimmer of happiness or excitement in her eyes in any of these pictures, though.  I know she always has that rictus grin plastered on ... but I think if this proposed union made her happy, there would be something in her eyes indicating that.  But there is no spark at all.  Nothing.  To me, she looks even more lost than usual.  

It makes me a bit sad and slightly worried for her. 

I think the whole courtship thing has got to be really hard for some fundie women. I mean, a surprising number seem to be just fine with "Daddy said that Jesus said that you are my one true love, you gave me presents (sad bouquet though it may be) and we both can site obscure Old Testament verses when having scintillating discussions about our favourite bible verses ('cause that and how birth control is bad are the only suitable subjects)" = TWU WUV! Maybe Renee isn't wired that way. I know I'm not.

• Like 5
8 hours ago, BetyBee said:

As for the ridiculous smiley face cover, I hate those things! She's definitely going to "slip up" and out him one of these days, so she can set the line and he'll have no way out. That woman is so awful. 

She totally did that face cover smiley on purpose.  "Oh you won't let me show your face or reveal your name?   I'll show you, I'll post ANYWAY but follow your silly rules."   Such a self-centered person.   YOU want privacy, well I don't so you are going to be all over SM ANYWAY.   

I do hope Mystery Man does stand up to Jill and take Renee away.   He can tell Renee to just not answer calls from her mom or even block her.   That way she is not in the middle because what is Jill going to do if Renee goes no contact?   She can only show up and make Renee miserable so often.   She has to grift and that takes time that can't be spent making Renee miserable.

• Like 9
(edited)
6 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Sorry wanted to quote, changed my mind. Can't remove the frame.

I would like Mystery Man take Renee away and give her what resembles a normal life without Jill.

But i don't want Renee to lose contact with her siblings. And I can see Jill doing that if she leaves

Edited by Snow Fairy
  • Like 5

We have Jeremy and Derick who both rocked the Duggar boat. I don't know how to say this without sounding very harsh, but I don't think anyone who would rock the boat even a little bit would be interested in a Rod daughter.

And even with Jeremy and Derick, although their lives are different than the Duggars, they're not that different at their cores.

I don't think there will ever be a remote possibility for a Rod kid to live a 'normal' life, unless they make the escape on their own.

• Like 14
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 2
59 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

She totally did that face cover smiley on purpose.  "Oh you won't let me show your face or reveal your name?   I'll show you, I'll post ANYWAY but follow your silly rules."   Such a self-centered person.   YOU want privacy, well I don't so you are going to be all over SM ANYWAY.   

I do hope Mystery Man does stand up to Jill and take Renee away.   He can tell Renee to just not answer calls from her mom or even block her.   That way she is not in the middle because what is Jill going to do if Renee goes no contact?   She can only show up and make Renee miserable so often.   She has to grift and that takes time that can't be spent making Renee miserable.

Renee may not be okay with that.  Maybe her mother doesn't make her as miserable as she would make us.  Renee is used to it all. then again, Jinger Duggar Vuolo had a husband who exposed her to different thoughts but her transformation wasn't immediate. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh dear, just from the still shot it looks as though the video will be an adventure of eyebrows.

I watched after I posted. I have to admit I skipped so much of the video I feel like I didn’t even watch it.

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 6
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

To be honest, every time I look at that photo I'm distracted by Jonathan's creepy as fuck expression. 😬 Renee who? 😁

I find him creepy in general. 

• Like 8
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Renee may not be okay with that.  Maybe her mother doesn't make her as miserable as she would make us.  Renee is used to it all. then again, Jinger Duggar Vuolo had a husband who exposed her to different thoughts but her transformation wasn't immediate. 

Eh, pretty much the same thoughts with a few relatively meaningless changes, imo. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Eh, pretty much the same thoughts with a few relatively meaningless changes, imo. 

Agree, but just because we think their lives are awful, good chance they don't.  Fully indoctrinated.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

I have never seen so many badly dressed women in one place in my life! Don’t even get me started with the severely damaged hair. It looks like they entered a frowzy hausfrau costume contest. 

• LOL 19
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh dear, just from the still shot it looks as though the video will be an adventure of eyebrows.

Spermbrows! Yikes, the woman on Jill's right has some seriously scary ones. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

If I was Renee I would be concerned that he wants to remain anonymous until they are engaged. It feels like he wants the option to bail with no repercussions, thinking no one will know who he is if Jill doesn’t show his face. Doesn’t seem like much of a commitment if he’s not willing to put himself out there.

However, as myself, I totally get it. I wouldn’t want to be spread all over Jill’s social media either. I just wouldn’t say “until we’re engaged”, I would refuse it forever and for any children I might have.

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

If I was Renee I would be concerned that he wants to remain anonymous until they are engaged. It feels like he wants the option to bail with no repercussions, thinking no one will know who he is if Jill doesn’t show his face. Doesn’t seem like much of a commitment if he’s not willing to put himself out there.

However, as myself, I totally get it. I wouldn’t want to be spread all over Jill’s social media either. I just wouldn’t say “until we’re engaged”, I would refuse it forever and for any children I might have.

He probably does want the option to bail. Even among fundies a courtship isn’t binding, right? I know they think of it as leading to engagement and then marriage, but plenty of fundies have had suitors take off, including Nurie. And poor Renee probably can’t afford to complain; it doesn’t seem like guys are lining up to try to court the Rod girls, who have no money, connections, or beauty to recommend them and who come with the baggage of a batshit crazy mother who expects regular paid trips to the nice Olive Garden. 

• Like 15
(edited)
6 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

If they are only courting and not yet engaged, he should have the right to end it at any point, right? Not all relationships work out and end in marriage. Nothing wrong with that. I don’t think anyone deserves “repercussions “ for breaking up with a partner. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 9

Crazy weather in the next couple of days including AR, TN and OH, where three of our favorite families live. It looks like all of AR is in for nasty weather and parts of TN. Ohio will likely get some severe thunderstorms midweek.

Wishing safety for our resident Arkansan, @Zella tomorrow as well as all the folks in the path of the storm.

• Like 4
  • Hugs 8
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

If he bails, I bet Jill goes back and reveals who he is. No way will she let him get off scot free. 

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
48 minutes ago, realityfan26 said:

If he bails, I bet Jill goes back and reveals who he is. No way will she let him get off scot free. 

11 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

That sounds just like something Jill would do. 

Yep. Now, I don't think she would do it on purpose if the guy is related to someone she really respects, fears, and wants something from. OTOH, I think her impulsiveness could result in her accidentally outing him. At the mo she must be pretty sure he's been well and truly hooked, because her SM post included him as an "in law." 

I wonder if she learned anything from the debacle - i.e. her banishment from Duggarworld - that resulted after she published a Duggar wedding invite on SM (was it Jinger's?) - although the Duggars had told all invited guests the information was to be kept private. She may think that was water under the bridge after Nurie married Anna DUGGAR's brother. (I know, that's all moot now that FF has been busted and incarcerated, but JillR can be so self-absorbed I can't help but wonder if she processes experiences like most people would.)

• Like 11

Renee is marrying him if he asks! Girl is alone in taking care of the siblings, making earrings, maid to her daddy and brothers, cleaning everything, cooking and fasting so daddy can get more chicken legs!

Renee is ready to run away from her parents!

• Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
On 4/2/2023 at 11:52 AM, Salacious Kitty said:

Yeah, I think they go with a first name like Karl. Sorry I wasn't more clear that I intended for Whitfield to be the middle name.

For those who don't follow the Bateses closely, Lydia's family immigrated from Germany when she was 10. She says she's working on getting her green card.

Wait, she's working on getting her green card? Or citizenship? Has she been on her dad's visa for ten years?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
25 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

No rush, it's not as if she needed a green card for a job.

A green card is not just for getting a job. It's approval to reside in the US. If her parents intention was to move permanently to the US I'm confused why they haven't previously applied for green cards for the whole family. Is the whole family residing in the US on the dad's visa? And for a decade? 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
25 minutes ago, P2C2E said:

A green card is not just for getting a job. It's approval to reside in the US. If her parents intention was to move permanently to the US I'm confused why they haven't previously applied for green cards for the whole family. Is the whole family residing in the US on the dad's visa? And for a decade? 

Maybe she said citizenship. It was not long after the wedding, and I wasn't paying close attention. She has a photography business, but being self employed, maybe doesn't need a green card? 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Maybe she said citizenship. It was not long after the wedding, and I wasn't paying close attention. She has a photography business, but being self employed, maybe doesn't need a green card? 

From what I could find, she is on "deferred" immigration status and has to apply yearly for a work visa and driving license.  She came in on her dad's visa when she was 10 and never left.  In fact she pretty much can't leave right now or she'd have a very hard time getting back in.  She's supposedly working on her green card and travel visa. 

I figure an anchor baby is probably in the near future too...

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2