Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They haven't even broadcast him rolling over, which he should be able to do at 8 months, 6 adjusted. 

True, but, if he can roll over, he's better off sleeping on the floor than on a sofa.

• Like 9
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Notabug said:

True, but, if he can roll over, he's better off sleeping on the floor than on a sofa.

If they didn't have a Pack and Play, a blanket on the floor would be okay, but not the way they have him "pillowed" up. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 9
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

If they didn't have a Pack and Play, a blanket on the floor would be okay, but not the way they have him "pillowed" up. 

Well, no, the excessive number of pillows and blankets is not safe no matter where he is sleeping.

• Like 9
(edited)

It looks like Grandma Julie, David's mother, is at the barndo for a visit. This is after Jill trashed her online for raising David in a heathen home or whatever. Maybe Julie simply considers Jill a bump in the road of life. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 12
31 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

It looks like Grandma Julie, David's mother, is at the barndo for a visit.

She’s moving to Tennessee and stopped on the way.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

We have talked about Jonathan looking tired. This "adorable" picture posted by Kaylee might explain one reason he looks tired.

Why the heck is he sleeping fully dressed on the barndo couch at 2:15 am, and why is Kaylee awake taking pictures of them???

Go home Jonathan and Kaylee it is only 4 1/2 miles away!

Screenshot (630).png

• Mind Blown 14
  • Sad 3

Jill posted pics of her and her best friends out for coffee (surprise). Hannah has been Jillified and filtered that I thought she was someone else. Poor Sofia is wearing huge bows in her hair and looks so sad and forlorn. 

• Sad 15
(edited)
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

We have talked about Jonathan looking tired. This "adorable" picture posted by Kaylee might explain one reason he looks tired.

Why the heck is he sleeping fully dressed on the barndo couch at 2:15 am, and why is Kaylee awake taking pictures of them???

Go home Jonathan and Kaylee it is only 4 1/2 miles away!

Screenshot (630).png

What even is happening here? They all fell asleep with bright lights on, wearing business casual clothes. What were they doing where they just all decided to sleep there? It’s not as if they had a wild night of drinking and passed out watching a movie. 

Johnathan really has no life outside the Rods. He doesn’t seem to have any actual friends. He just hangs around his in-laws. 

Edited by Trillium
  • Like 6
  • Sad 10
1 minute ago, Trillium said:

What even is happening here? They all fell asleep with bright lights on, wearing business casual clothes. What were they doing where they just all decided to sleep there? It’s not as if they had a wild night of drinking and passed out watching a movie. 

Johnathan really has no life outside the Rods. He doesn’t seem to have any actual friends. He just hangs around his in-laws. 

Probably watching a game.

• Like 1

Kaylee’s newest FB post is directed at nursing mothers.  She tells them that Plexus will increase their milk supply.  Gideon is pictured in the post, and he has dirt underneath his fingernails!  Do they not bathe that baby regularly?  While looking at Gideon I realized that he rarely smiles.  My heart breaks, thinking about the life that precious boy is going to be forced to live.

• Sad 14
  • Angry 1

Ugh, was that on a weekday? I know when I was young I could stay out late and still function the next day, but waking up at 3AM and driving home now, is my worst nightmare (😁). I would not be able to go back to sleep right away so I would end up dragging myself to work with little sleep.

I wonder if they realize that the 3 who are sleeping all have jobs.

• Sad 7

I wish Jonathan would grow a set and stand up to Jill. Tell her he is taking his wife and his son to get some sleep.  Even if it is a weekend, Gideon needs a regular schedule.  I also wish he would tell Kaylee to stop with the Plexus, that the three of them need regular, nutritious meals, not Plexus.  Well, Gideon needs Plexus free meals.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

West Coast game?

Who knows when they fell asleep?

That would certainly blow Jill's story of we don't have a dish or cable because tv is bad and worldly.

Possibly a weekend so no work for Jonathan and Sam the next day, but still you might expect Jonathan and family would head home and rather than sleep fully clothed on a sofa at the barndo with all the lights on.

Kaylee was obviously still awake since she took the picture. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Plexus says it is not be used by pregnant or nursing women. Kaylee should not be encouraging nursing moms.  I wonder if Plexus knows she is going against what Plexus itself says.  I fear for the life and well-being of her poor baby.

• Sad 11
  • Angry 4
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Plexus says it is not be used by pregnant or nursing women. Kaylee should not be encouraging nursing moms.  I wonder if Plexus knows she is going against what Plexus itself says.  I fear for the life and well-being of her poor baby.

I've seen many Plexus huns say that it's great for pregnancy and nursing. I report such posts. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
On 4/14/2024 at 4:01 PM, farmgal4 said:

And that should be criminal.

I honestly hope she's lying and doesn't really use Plexus but pretends to to shill it.   I noticed her "increase your milk" post doesn't actually SAY Plexus.  That's sneaky Kaylee. Jesauce doesn't like sneaky. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
12 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

I honestly hope she's lying and doesn't really use Plexus but pretends to to shill it.   I noticed her "increase your milk" post doesn't actually SAY Plexus.  That's sneaky Kaylee. Jesauce doesn't like sneaky. 

I still reported it. 😀

• Like 4
  • Applause 16
  • Love 1

Kaylee took Giddy to the opthalmologist eye doctor (tm Jill)! He has to wear a patch for an hour a day, and they will go back in a couple months for evaluation. 

Glad they didn't drop the ball on this. 

• Like 13

Jill is looking at venues for Nurie’s baby shower.  What?  This is baby number 3 in a short amount of time.  She should have everything she needs- except another car seat, and maybe another crib.   She probably wants some  girly  clothing and blankets- but that should be handled by immediate family members.  It’s not like they don’t have a ton of immediate family.  

I understand showers for second or more babies - if they arrive a certain number of years after the previous one.   After they’ve already sold everything in a rummage sale 

• Like 18
  • Applause 2
8 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Jill is looking at venues for Nurie’s baby shower.  What?  This is baby number 3 in a short amount of time.  She should have everything she needs- except another car seat, and maybe another crib.   She probably wants some  girly  clothing and blankets- but that should be handled by immediate family members.  It’s not like they don’t have a ton of immediate family.  

I understand showers for second or more babies - if they arrive a certain number of years after the previous one.   After they’ve already sold everything in a rummage sale 

I could see having what they call a sprinkle. Get some girly things after having two boys. And have it be immediate family, not a huge production number in a venue. Just be at home. 

• Like 12

Grandmothers or other immediate family members don't host showers - weddings or baby; asking people to give gifts to your relative is tacky and rude.  Your friends, or church community, may offer to host one for you and if they don't, you go without.  

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
11 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Kaylee took Giddy to the opthalmologist eye doctor (tm Jill)! He has to wear a patch for an hour a day, and they will go back in a couple months for evaluation. 

Glad they didn't drop the ball on this. 

She said that Gideon has some type of nerve problem in that eye and they don’t know if it’s fixable or not.  He has to wear the eye patch for one hour/day and I’m afraid that they will put it on him only at bedtime or nap time, which won’t do anything at all to strengthen his eye.  I’m hoping that the doctor was specific about when they should use the patch.

• Like 9
52 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

She said that Gideon has some type of nerve problem in that eye and they don’t know if it’s fixable or not.  He has to wear the eye patch for one hour/day and I’m afraid that they will put it on him only at bedtime or nap time, which won’t do anything at all to strengthen his eye.  I’m hoping that the doctor was specific about when they should use the patch.

Or forgot to put it on  him or just leave it on.   They don't strike me as the type of people who can handle a schedule.

As for the baby shower -- OF COURSE Jill is organizing a party for the FIRST GRAND DAUGHTER.   If she doesn't throw a party (for her), how will people know that Nurie is having a GIRL.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Quof said:

Grandmothers or other immediate family members don't host showers - weddings or baby; asking people to give gifts to your relative is tacky and rude.  Your friends, or church community, may offer to host one for you and if they don't, you go without.  

I think this traditional etiquette rule is pretty much dead. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, MamaMax said:

I think this traditional etiquette rule is pretty much dead. 

If nothing else, the fact that families tend to be dispersed all over the countryside and at least some of these farflung people want to attend in person or send a gift, it often means the family of the bride or mom to be has to get involved in the planning/hosting.  Also, maybe its just me, but it seems like, back in olden times, there would often be several small showers: one for family, another for friends, maybe another for coworkers.  Nowadays, more people seem to want to rent a hall and have a one big bash for the whole thing.

As for why Nurie needs a baby shower, she doesn't.  JILL DOES.  Memaw wants the world to know she is getting a grand daughter and undoubtedly has registered for grandma gifts for herself.  Remember when she was pregnant with Janessa and Nurie and the older girls held a 'Let's Pamper Mama' shower?  The only things on the registry were things for Jill including new bedding.  It's quite possible, that all these years later, Jill needs a new comforter and sheets to celebrate her grandmotherhood. It's not too late for Jill to get a brand new Kitchen Aide mixer.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 14
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

If this was a family in much different circumstances I might say, good for you. However……

1A3F7B49-1066-4245-9872-C7677A97B7EE.jpeg

When has she ever taken any of her kids on a Plexus trip?

• Like 11

For all her bragging about her Plexus Trip, I think the most recent one with Dave is the first one she's done.  She went to the national meeting in Nashville, but that's not a reward for anything.

Jill rambled on and on last fall about taking a cruise with Plexus rewards, but she didn't go.  Either she didn't meet the qualifying sales numbers or they didn't have the money to pay their airfare since all these trips do not include transportation.

• Like 6
  • Useful 4
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

In Ohio or Florida?

Why choose? Two showers is twice as much attention for Jill.  I expect it will be in Ohio since Nurie and Nathan and kids are up there once a month or so anyway

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
56 minutes ago, AstridM said:

When has she ever taken any of her kids on a Plexus trip?

Not that I recall. Maybe she's hoping that Nurie, Nathan, Kaylee, and Jonathan can qualify for trips on their own, and the six of them can be happy Plexus travelers together. Nathan may balk at the the out-of-pocket expenses for these affairs, but poor Jonathan will just work overtime. 

1 hour ago, Notabug said:

As for why Nurie needs a baby shower, she doesn't.  JILL DOES.  Memaw wants the world to know she is getting a grand daughter and undoubtedly has registered for grandma gifts for herself.  Remember when she was pregnant with Janessa and Nurie and the older girls held a 'Let's Pamper Mama' shower?  The only things on the registry were things for Jill including new bedding.  It's quite possible, that all these years later, Jill needs a new comforter and sheets to celebrate her grandmotherhood. It's not too late for Jill to get a brand new Kitchen Aide mixer.

I think that ship has sailed. Even the Gofundme for Ma's stroke fell short, and the Rods are still stuck with the junky stink bus.

People who know Jill must be wise to her obvious and well-advertised gift grabs and probably don't have the money or desire to support her in the style she thinks she deserves. 

• Like 11
13 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Why choose? Two showers is twice as much attention for Jill.  I expect it will be in Ohio since Nurie and Nathan and kids are up there once a month or so anyway

I think Florida. Jill can take another trip, and any friends Nurie has are there. 

• Like 4

This was accompanied by a picture of Nurie at 26 weeks.

Happy 25th birthday, Nurie!  Nurie turns 25 years old on April 19th!  Wow!  How is it that we have a quarter of a century old daughter already?!  What a sweet, godly, modest, virtuous mother and Pastor's Wife Nurie is!  ❤️ This is not to brag on her or our parenting.  But it IS to brag on following God's principles!   They work and they bring such peaceable and rewarding fruit!  🙌  We love you, Nurie, beyond description!  Xoxo  Mama (and Daddy too) 🥰

• Sad 6
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

Nurie just turned 25 and is pregnant with her third child?? 😟

Jill had about 5 by 25. Sorry, too lazy to actually check for accuracy, but she married at 18, and she had like 6 under 6 out of the gate. 

• Sad 3
5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Or forgot to put it on  him or just leave it on.   They don't strike me as the type of people who can handle a schedule.

As someone who wore a patch as a young child to try to correct lazy eye, I'm thinking the longer the kid wears it the better.  If the optic nerve isn't completely developed I don't see how they brain will learn to use both eyes together so they move together (I mean, I had the patch and three surgeries and they still aren't perfect--and only move together because I can still see through both of them and can switch which one I focus through), but I'm not an ophthalmologist eye doctor.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

If this was a family in much different circumstances I might say, good for you. However……

1A3F7B49-1066-4245-9872-C7677A97B7EE.jpeg

So you are working Jill? I thought that the husband's job. She's the breadwinner of the family. Not Dave.

10 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Nurie just turned 25 and is pregnant with her third child?? 😟

I don't know why I thought she was older then that. Somehow Jill and life with Rodrigues feels longer.  

• LOL 16
9 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

So you are working Jill? I thought that the husband's job. She's the breadwinner of the family. Not Dave.

I don't know why I thought she was older then that. Somehow Jill and life with Rodrigues feels longer.  

I think that, in a lot of fundie families, compensation for any shortcomings in the headship’s ability to support the family land squarely on the wife. And because they aren’t “allowed” to work outside the home, so many do what they can with creative budgeting, buying second-hand and trying to make these MLM scams work. I still believe that DBD is pulling in an income from his Praise and Print ministry, but not much.  And he could bring in more if he tried. Jill is a master manipulator and grifter supreme. So any shortfalls in income become Jill’s responsibility to cover, whether that is implicitly stated or not.  Because grocery shopping, clothing the family, paying household bills and caring for everyone/everything is wimmin’s work. Davey is the provider in this scenario. He does the manly man stuff (poorly) and hands over his meager printing earnings to Jill so she can (poorly) manage the house and kids. 

As far as Nurie goes, that poor child looked 30 when she was 15.  she was never allowed to dress or look her age. 

• Like 19
31 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

As far as Nurie goes, that poor child looked 30 when she was 15.  she was never allowed to dress or look her age.

Or the way she wanted.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2