Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
4 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I’m usually disappointed in restaurants and prefer to cook at home. And prices for restaurants went way up.

We go out for dinner every Saturday night. Its not always fancy, often we go to pub type places to have a beer and a burger. Sometimes we order a pizza. We used to do a lot of Chinese but the places around us have declined in quality so much so that I would rather go to Panda Express which is a chain. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

If only she'd feed her kids.  Wonder if she brought them the leftover breadsticks.  

David was there, so there were no left over bread sticks. 

He probably helped himself to Ma's pasta, too, since she couldn't fend him off  didn't want it. 

• Sad 15
  • LOL 4
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The Dingus family figured out the JRods in about the time it takes to eat half a cow and a wedding cake. So nope, they dropped her about two years ago.

But Jill may only have just figured that out.  According to the reddit, this woman recently revamped her page and Jill was conspicuously dropped. 

Leave it to Jill to not detect a change in a relationship with someone until it registers on social media. Obtuse, self-absorbed users can be that way.

• Like 20
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Pa just kept scarfing down the pasta and ignoring Jill.

and ignoring Ma too.   I notice Pa is not putting his foot down about Ma being trotted out for all this grifting.    Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

• Like 6
  • Sad 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

I’m usually disappointed in restaurants and prefer to cook at home. And prices for restaurants went way up.

You can do much better than OG at home. Sticking to authentic Italian dishes will do it.

Either Pa or Jonathan paid for the meal. Most likely Jonathan. K&J are expecting, and own a fixer upper. Jonathan’s money should be spent on fixing their home, preparing for a newborn, and spoiling his neglected for decades wife. I hope Jill’s kids take turns pushing her around on a wobbly office chair, and film her at her worst in her final days.

Edited by SMama
  • Like 12
  • Applause 5

Timothy has made some new fb posts. "video call with Heidi". 

post right before that is his mind still obsessed with lust. Timmay is not going to make it through a long, orchestrated courtship, engagement, wedding.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
(edited)

With his own page, Timothy doesn’t have to  introduce himself:

Hello, I am just getting on here to do a post about my wonderful girlfriend Heidi Coverett. I am beyond blessed that God brought her into my life, and am truly so thankful for her. She is; (this may take awhile) amazing, spunky, fun, loving, caring, generous, beautiful (inside and out), kind, patient, (okay I’m almost done) and most importantly has a heart for God. I pray that our relationship continues to get stronger, and we draw closer together by keeping God in the center of our lives. @Heidi Coverett I love you so much my love, always and forever. 😁❤️ 

P.S. She may only be 5ft 2in but don’t mess with this girl, she can take care of herself. Don’t tell her I said that. Lol 😂

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 4
  • Useful 5
9 minutes ago, Heathen said:

A typical fundie, then. 

Holy shit. That is Kardashian-level filtering and Photoshopping. She even "fixed" her teeth! 

Holy St. Jill of the Righteous Motherhood looks like a stripper. 

Isn't vanity a sin? 

• Like 5
  • Applause 15
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Hello, I am just getting on here to do a post about my wonderful girlfriend Heidi Coverett. I am beyond blessed that God brought her into my life, and am truly so thankful for her. She is; (this may take awhile) amazing, spunky, fun, loving, caring, generous, beautiful (inside and out), kind, patient, (okay I’m almost done) and most importantly has a heart for God. I pray that our relationship continues to get stronger, and we draw closer together by keeping God in the center of our lives. @Heidi Coverett I love you so much my love, always and forever. 😁❤️ 

P.S. She may only be 5ft 2in but don’t mess with this girl, she can take care of herself. Don’t tell her I said that. Lol 😂

I like that he mentions her spunk! He says more about her than his own parents say about their children. And the last bit about not messing her was humorous. It is better than what I expected from him. 

• Like 23

My prediction: this relationship is gonna break hard in one direction  or the other .... I am crossing my fingers Heidi either dumps Tim or puts him in his place for the rest of his life! Either that or she'll be a doormat to him (and Jill) forever.  No middle ground.

Heidi for the win!

• Like 18
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Yum, a chunky smoothie blended up in a dirty Ninja on top of a filthy counter.  Where do I sign?

It might work for weight loss if it makes you vomit. 😝

• LOL 14
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

So many far better Italian restaurants in NYC. You’re not missing anything!

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That seems excessive for a woman he’s not even yet engaged to. 

1 hour ago, Heathen said:

A typical fundie, then. 

Holy shit. That is Kardashian-level filtering and Photoshopping. She even "fixed" her teeth! 

And why is she doin’ the super cringey leaving’ off the Gs thing now? She’s never been southern. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, Trillium said:

She looks like a Stormy Daniels impersonator. 

She wishes she looked like Stormy. 

16 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Silly. It's a sin for everybody else. Not Jilly. Jesus loves her best, remember?

Someone needs to tell the Bates kids, too. Both male and female!

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
7 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

BE7E18D0-D7B7-4410-8149-C5392C9C5E1E.jpeg

F45ABF9B-7294-459A-973C-EC96312E7830.jpeg

What’s the point of the reset if you gonna go to Olive Garden to eat pasta?

Jill had pasta on her plate!

Reset = scam 

I know of no moms of 13 who wears anywhere near this much make-up.  Most moms of 13 are lucky to have two minutes to themselves at a time when any of the kids are awake. They dumped the make-up a long time ago.   Most of them either wear their hair up or have it cut above the shoulders for the same reason.    
I’m not a Michelle Duggar fan but at least she  didn’t look like she spent all her time in front of the mirror 

• Like 22

If Tim actually wrote that himself, I am impressed.  Unlike any Duggar, he mentions her attributes and actually says what he likes about her.  It was not all about him.  Of course, he wrote nice things about his dog that he "loves so much", and we haven't seen hide nor hair of her for a long time.

• Like 7
  • Sad 3
9 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I notice Pa is not putting his foot down about Ma being trotted out for all this grifting.    Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I think Pa is afraid of confronting Jill and risking a tantrum. I have the feeling she can be really mean and scary when someone tries to tell her "no". He may have learned to keep his head down and stay out of the line of fire.

• Like 6
  • Sad 8
  • Useful 1
16 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I think Pa is afraid of confronting Jill and risking a tantrum. I have the feeling she can be really mean and scary when someone tries to tell her "no". He may have learned to keep his head down and stay out of the line of fire.

Or he's getting a cut of it.  I mean he doesn't seem to be helping Ma either.   

• Like 5
  • Sad 8
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, merylinkid said:

Or he's getting a cut of it.  I mean he doesn't seem to be helping Ma either.   

Nope. She's not sitting up straight, and as I noted last night, it doesn't look like her food had been touched. Her lack of response to Jill was also a red flag.

• Like 1
  • Sad 20
11 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

David was there, so there were no left over bread sticks. 

He probably helped himself to Ma's pasta, too, since she couldn't fend him off  didn't want it. 

David was there, so there was no leftover anything.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

I watched the courtship video and I was glad to see Renee in action.  She isn't very photogenic but she looked and sounded great (for a Rod) in the video. Her hair is pretty disastrous however--very thin and frayed.  She really needs to cut it and take care of it better.

• Like 7
20 hours ago, Heathen said:

A typical fundie, then. 

Why thank you! That’s the look I was going for! Gotta keep my hunky husband interested in having regular lotion time! 19 pregnancies and counting! I’m so blessed to look like a stripper for my SEVERELY handsome HUNK!

-xoxo Jill PM Rodrigues 

• LOL 12
On 4/6/2023 at 6:49 AM, oliviabenson said:

I never ever been to Olive Garden lol

I must be the only person who has been to an Olive Garden who HATES the breadsticks.  Way too salty for me.  

• Like 5
On 4/4/2023 at 2:46 PM, farmgal4 said:

Jill also managed to grift braces for Timmy, Nurie, Kaylee, and Renee.  I don’t how she does it.

One thing that Jill has never grifted for is money for their medical bills.  Not counting the go fund me for her parents.  Even after the girls’ car crash, she only grifted for a new car, not help with the hospital bills.

I’m almost certain they receive Medicaid and never pay anything for medical care.

• Like 9
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, louannems said:

I’m almost certain they receive Medicaid and never pay anything for medical care.

Ironic how they don't have any problems with socialized medical care as long as it benefits them.  Of course as such godly people they feel they deserve it.

• Like 19

In other Rod news - Phillip is off for a week for easter break. Then 1 wk of classes, 1 week of "soul winning" and a conference at the bible college and then finals the next week.

Some student or students must still owe money for the semester because there was a reminder to get paid up. No degree, certificate or credit given if you haven't paid. A few weeks back the balances for the semester were due with many reminders and a point of how you handle your finances reflects on you in other things. Leads to lack of respect and credibility of your beliefs. Then a reminder when late fee was added. If everyone was paid up, I doubt the pastor would keep mentioning it at chapel.

I do hope it isn't Phillip. Jill must think all is well if she sent Gabe and Sammers to the student recruitment event.

• Like 4
  • Useful 8
On 4/6/2023 at 5:08 AM, laurakaye said:

In fact, I feel like Jill enjoys catching her kids and family in those awkward moments.  Wonder how she'd like it if someone videoed her while she attempted to chew an entire breadstick?

She certainly posts lots of unflattering photos of her sweet friends while she, Jill, grins like a maniac in the teapot pose, hugging them tightly, then doctors herself up to boot.

• Like 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Can you do that? I thought they were frozen and pre-seasoned. 

They are frozen but I was told that they brush on the garlic butter after they’re baked.  A friend told me that.  ETA: My friend is correct.  You can order them plain, without margarine and garlic salt.  Or with just margarine but no garlic salt.

Edited by farmgal4
  • Like 4
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

a point of how you handle your finances reflects on you in other things. Leads to lack of respect and credibility of your beliefs.

Has anyone told Jill this?   

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 15
3 hours ago, louannems said:

She certainly posts lots of unflattering photos of her sweet friends while she, Jill, grins like a maniac in the teapot pose, hugging them tightly, then doctors herself up to boot.

Teapot pose is the perfect description! 

• Like 8
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'd never heard the ode to Amy before. It read like a eulogy.

That's what happens when a living person is referred to in the past tense as nitwit Jill does to Amy in her poem.

• Like 12
  • Sad 3

Anyone want to guess which rod waif will win the 1 chocolate bunny tomorrow and get to eat it in front of her sisters so they can learn a lesson in how not be jealous??

• Sad 23
  • Fire 1
Just now, crazy8s said:

Anyone want to guess which rod waif will win the 1 chocolate bunny tomorrow and get to eat it in front of her sisters so they can learn a lesson in how not be jealous??

That’s always so sad. I’d say Janessa for sure.

• Sad 15