Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Jill has an old post about them stopping for gas for the RV and her pulling out a $100 bill to brag, impress hunk and pay for the gas from her earnings.

SURELY Jill would never imply her headship couldn't support the family and put gas in their rv?   

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

I do NOT want to see pictures of Kaylee's honeymoon.   Ewwwwwwwww.

Urgh I’m just imagining Jill she keeps telling Kaylee to send pictures every day, I hope Kaylee turns her phone off or at least puts it on silent. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

the $100 for gas post was Jill trying to recruit for plexus Aug. 2017.

"I am continuing on strong in my Plexus business!  I hope you take a moment to read my testimony below of how that is going.

*** I (with a passion) am looking for 3 (or more) stay at home Moms that have always wanted a successful business from home! Ladies, I am a cosmetologist and have done hair from home for years. However, this new business endeavor of mine has far surpassed my success as a hairstylist!

It makes me feel good knowing I am home, cleaning, cooking, taking care of my babies, homeschooling, etc……..YET, still running a successful business from home. Does it take work, yes…but the rewards FAR outweigh the work involved.

It blesses my heart to be a blessing to my husband. For nearly 20 years now, my husband has worked his tail off so I could stay home. Was it easy? Never! But he’d work 2 jobs…..or whatever it took, to keep me home to raise up a godly generation for Christ. <3

All that to say, it feels good to me to give back a little! “We need gas? Yeah! I just got paid! Here is $100 for gas, Babe!” He then looks at me with admiration on his face. “If ANYONE can be successful at this business, it’s YOU, Babe,” he glowingly responds to me.

My goal is to be that Proverbs 31 woman. If you read that chapter, it speaks of her hard work ethic and diligence within the home. She was not a couch potato Mama that watched the junk tube (TV) all day. She rose and worked willingly with her hands! <3

Now ladies, what is your passion? Do you want to bless your husband and children and HELP towards the financial success of your home? This is SOOO doable and I would coach and help you every step of the way. Honestly, this is one of the MOST BRILLIANT ways to earn money!

This is NOT a scam – or I would tell you! LOL. This is the REAL deal! A business endeavor that could change your lives!

PLEASE, ladies, wait NO longer! I KNOW trying new things can be scary! I remember being in your SAME shoes a year ago. But now……well, it is one of the BEST decisions I have ever made! Let us link arms together and be that Proverbs 31 woman TOGETHER! <3"

Yeah, Jill is so successful selling Plexus that they are constantly begging for money, her daughters are dressed in hideous, sometimes dirty clothes, and she never serves enough food to feed her kids properly. 

As far as her work as a hair stylist, who would want their hair or their daughters hair to look like Jill’s and her daughters. The woman is out of touch with reality. 

• Like 7
  • Love 12
19 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I've never heard of Jill actually putting her (probably long-expired) cosmetology license to work on anyone but family. And from what we can see of her work, she does a shitty job.

so not a stretch for this to be true.😂

"However, this new business endeavor of mine has far surpassed my success as a hairstylist!"

• LOL 18

If Kaylee and Jonathan want to share their honeymoon videos and pictures in SM they are perfectly capable of creating their own account. Jill has browbeaten her adult kids to the point they think they can’t have SM accounts independent from their abuser. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 15
  • Love 3

89661786-2FE6-49BB-9823-355D81D11FC0.jpeg

We love and miss you, Kaylee, but WOW, you are such a JOY to our hearts (Jonathan too)!  🥰  We are SO excited you and Jonathan bought a house only 5 miles from us!  We are in our glory with that!  Glad you enjoyed your honeymoon and welcome back!  Hugs, Daddy & Mama ❤❤❤

• Sad 9

It is possible that Jill does not understand cognitive deficits.  People who have never been caregivers for an immediate family member with it simply do not understand it.   Dropping in for a day or so once a month isn’t enough to understand it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

It is possible that Jill does not understand cognitive deficits.  People who have never been caregivers for an immediate family member with it simply do not understand it.   Dropping in for a day or so once a month isn’t enough to understand it. 

I’d guess she doesn’t comprehend. This could be because she just doesn’t, for whatever reason , or it could simply be denial.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’d guess she doesn’t comprehend. This could be because she just doesn’t, for whatever reason , or it could simply be denial.

I think it could be both. Aunt Vallory seems to be the only one who gets it. The rest of them are ignorant and in denial about the severity of her condition. Since we only hear from Jill, it seems as if she thinks Pat will make a full recovery. But that's what she tells the family, so yes, they're all ignorant and in denial.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Sad 8

Rod gossip updates...

Last night at church, Prissy asked for prayers for Nurthan who were at the birthing center. Baby Nimrod is certainly here by now. 

The same person who broke the news about Pat's fall a week before Jill did says that Kaylee and Jonathan went to San Diego for their honeymoon. I guess we will see if she's right if Jill ends up posting pics.

• Thanks 4
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

We love and miss you, Kaylee, but WOW, you are such a JOY to our hearts (Jonathan too)!  🥰  We are SO excited you and Jonathan bought a house only 5 miles from us!  We are in our glory with that!  Glad you enjoyed your honeymoon and welcome back!  Hugs, Daddy & Mama ❤❤❤

Crooked halo and now horns out of her head. Poor girl.

• Sad 7
  • LOL 2

A poster at FJ thinks the name comes from a verse in 2 Corinthians that says something to the effect of "I am a new man, Christian." Apologies if I botched it. 

Jill's explanation was Mich more convoluted.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Wrong book of Corinthians
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 6

Aww, Spurge Seawald just recruited a new member for his future "Growing up with an absurdly Christian name" support group. 

Off to say a quick prayer to the irony gods, that little Newmie is one of those hard core practical kids who questions everything in Sunday School. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 17
7 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Rod gossip updates...

Last night at church, Prissy asked for prayers for Nurthan who were at the birthing center. Baby Nimrod is certainly here by now. 

The same person who broke the news about Pat's fall a week before Jill did says that Kaylee and Jonathan went to San Diego for their honeymoon. I guess we will see if she's right if Jill ends up posting pics.

Wow, San Diego? I thought it would be a little cabin nearby. Good for them venturing out. Wonder if this was Kaylee’s first plane ride and first trip to CA, along with all the other firsts her wedding brought?

• Like 8
14 hours ago, SMama said:

If Kaylee and Jonathan want to share their honeymoon videos and pictures in SM they are perfectly capable of creating their own account. J

Excellent point.   But they won't because 1) as you said they don't think other than what Mahmo tells them to think and 2) if they did they would probably be happy to be SM free.   

13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

We love and miss you,

She's been gone A WEEK.   Jill you stay away from your kids longer than that when you take your special trips with DBD.   Also she's moving 5 miles away, not the other side of the world.   You will see her so much she will be sick of you.

• Like 13
  • Love 3

I bet Jill really does miss Kaylee, but not half as much as Renee, who is running Jill's house on her own now. I hope Renee can escape soon and that she doesn't become the Rod version of Jana Duggar. 

• Like 4
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She did not die she moved 5 measly miles away lol

Shut up Jill the nimrod 

• Applause 13
1 minute ago, 3 is enough said:

The coincidence is too much for me.  My daughter had her first baby, a little boy, on November 14.  He also weighed 6 lbs 13 oz.  I will say she was a real TROOPER. 😉
Poor little Nemo.  Barely a year old.  He won’t understand the big changes in his life.

This grandma is headed off to meet her new grandson 😊

Congrats!!

• Love 8

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Saint-John-Neumann

9 hours ago, Zella said:

Newman Christian sounds like he waltzed right out of a forgotten chapter of Pilgrim's Progress. That poor kid. 

I presume the kid was not named after Saint John Newman.  Amongst other things, he was a Catholic priest who rose to the level of Cardinal.  He also was a major advocate for parochial education.  He founded the first community centers for Catholic students on college campuses in the US.  To this day, most college campuses have a Newman Center for Catholic students to attend Mass and participate in various faith based activities.  So, aside from being an ebul Catholic (the worst kind; he started out Protestant and converted), he was a big advocate for formal higher education.  Two strikes there.

Of course, being raised in such isolation and ignorance of larger society; I expect Nurie, and probably Nathan, wouldn't understand the reference anyway.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Rod gossip updates...

On Reddit they are saying they are in the other SD, South Dakota.

• Like 2

I think Newbie appears to be a cute little baby, and the birthing center sounds like it has actual trained personnel.  I do feel sorry for Nemo, however.  His attention is now  split in half (or less).  I hope he is not expected to sit on a blanket most of the time.

I hope they grifted a NEW car seat for little Newbie.

• Like 2
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Jill acts like Nurie didn't have a natural birth the first time. I'm sure she's a Fundie warrior who will give birth until she's unable to. 

Jill forced Nurie to go sightseeing with her and DBD when Nemo was just days old. Nurie had torn significantly and was in a matching wheelchair to Jill, who had her SEVERE knee injury. 

These people are stupid.

2 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I’m guessing Nurthan thinks they are very clever with the name, JillR’s explanation of New Man = Christian or whatever the heck she said was just silly.

I think she was trying to explain the Bible verse I noted above. It was much simpler.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2