Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I just found out in the Sister Wives' thread Plexus is holding a black tie event in Ohio. Did we know this? Is JillR not high enough in the pyramid to warrant an invite? Or is it too costly for her to attend? This must be killing her. All the Plexus ladies got dressed up in all their finery while JillR was Zooming with 7 ladies of which at least 2 seemed to have no interest in the topic.

Jill's fancy prom-like dresses are crying in her closet.

I’m sure she didn’t qualify for the black tie event.

However………….

A7A40773-9FD8-41A6-9A27-555498D8358B.jpeg

• Mind Blown 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
7 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Why are people still feeding her if power came on.

Also we KNOW she was not stuck in that house with no power for 8 days since there was the grift trip to WVA (aka the laundromat).

I agree, why do they need food bought for them and delivered to them??? People really are stupid. They could have gone and gotten their own take out. Probably cheap pizza again. 

• Like 4
  • Love 4

I think JillR considers it to be a privilege for people to gift them meals and other "blessings". She's doing them a favor! They were probably eating better than usual after the power went out and the grifting ramped up!

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 7

So happy to see Nurie and Nathan are TSA PreChecked.  What’s $170 to the preacher whose flock probably never can afford to fly.  I wonder if they are First Class, no I think Business would be more their style.

• Mind Blown 6
(edited)

Oh man, I need to see footage of Jill Rod meeting Janelle and Christine from Sister Wives at the Plexus shindig.  I would love to watch Jill try and figure out a way to get Renee to become Kody's newest wife.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, sheshark said:

So happy to see Nurie and Nathan are TSA PreChecked.  What’s $170 to the preacher whose flock probably never can afford to fly.  I wonder if they are First Class, no I think Business would be more their style.

Some individuals can get TSA PreCheck without having to pay any fee.  My mom has gotten it every time she's flown since the program's inception, and I will get it if I fly with her.  Neither one of us has paid for this privilege.  I have my suspicions as to how she is able to get this without paying--we all have FBI files due to my dad's job.  

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Some individuals can get TSA PreCheck without having to pay any fee.  My mom has gotten it every time she's flown since the program's inception, and I will get it if I fly with her.  Neither one of us has paid for this privilege.  I have my suspicions as to how she is able to get this without paying--we all have FBI files due to my dad's job.  

I had it free for years with my United and Delta credit cards.  Then one day…nothing.  I gladly filled out the form, got fingerprinted and paid.  A time saver since I often travel with my little chaweenie/minpin /possibly pug Ned.  Next up getting his DNA.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

Who are these nameless pastors and wives who show up with food for the Rod army? I can see Joy Baptist people pandering to Jill for their own sanity and safety, but where are the others from? Maybe a starchy casserole is cheaper than a cash donation. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4

Conventions cost money. Between registration, hotel costs, food, and gas to drive to Columbus, I’m actually curious to see how she’s going to grift her way through this one. Surely her headship will be with her, so that’s double (ok triple) the food costs. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The picture is a screenshot from a video.

108A2221-18CE-4C33-9163-0BA7DB4DD229.jpeg

2DE0AE7C-22B4-425D-9685-A5D257ADDB4A.jpeg

She’s a grifter like no other.  I’ve never seen anything to beat it!  A family with FIVE able-bodied adults in it who expect other people to keep them afloat financially and otherwise is beyond the pale!  Apparently they cherry-pick the Bible, because it specifically talks about people who don’t work:

”If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.  For we hear that some among you walk in idleness, not busy at work but busybodies.”

”But if someone doesn’t provide for their own family, and especially for a member of their own household, they have denied their faith.  They are worse than those who have no faith.”

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

She’s a grifter like no other.  I’ve never seen anything to beat it!  A family with FIVE able-bodied adults in it who expect other people to keep them afloat financially and otherwise is beyond the pale!  Apparently they cherry-pick the Bible, because it specifically talks about people who don’t work:

”If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.  For we hear that some among you walk in idleness, not busy at work but busybodies.”

”But if someone doesn’t provide for their own family, and especially for a member of their own household, they have denied their faith.  They are worse than those who have no faith.”

But they would say" We do work!! See David's printing press.We are full time missionaries! That's hard work!"

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 11
56 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Who are these nameless pastors and wives who show up with food for the Rod army? I can see Joy Baptist people pandering to Jill for their own sanity and safety, but where are the others from? Maybe a starchy casserole is cheaper than a cash donation. 

I am wondering the same...making or buying food for 13 people is no small feat - not to mention, anyone living near Jill could've also been affected by the Ohio Derecho Storm.  Is she just known county-wide as such a nuisance, the locals give her food just to keep her from going door to door or something?  It's baffling how she manages to grift so much food.

• Like 6
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

I am wondering the same...making or buying food for 13 people is no small feat - not to mention, anyone living near Jill could've also been affected by the Ohio Derecho Storm.  Is she just known county-wide as such a nuisance, the locals give her food just to keep her from going door to door or something?  It's baffling how she manages to grift so much food.

I think Jill turns on the charm and guilt and plays the game like the expert narcissistic  user she is. After all, she has grifted at least one car, a large piece of a cow, a week at a beach rental, and an entire family house!

Moody Bible College deserves a shoutout for stopping her game right in its tracks. It didn't take the school long to decide that undereducated, argumentative Tim wasn't valuable enough as a student to merit a free ride, and Jill could complain about it all she wanted. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 13

When they first lost power, Jill noted that David wouldn't be able to do any printing.  But I wondered why that would even matter.  Does he do any for-profit printing?  Do churches actually pay for those silly little pamphlets he produces?

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

When they first lost power, Jill noted that David wouldn't be able to do any printing.  But I wondered why that would even matter.  Does he do any for-profit printing?  Do churches actually pay for those silly little pamphlets he produces?

Jill has to grift extra when Hunk can't provide food for himself. 

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

My understanding is that the churches pay the costs of materials and delivery, and David and his unpaid crew donate the labor as part of their ministry. There seems to be no reason he can't take paid work on the side, as long as the buyer doesn't expect good  design and basic proofreading. We might conclude that Poppa prefers to sit in his recliner and watch the map on the wall. 

• Like 12
26 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I'm betting the church has a food pantry.  Jill shows up for bag of food like everyone else.  But because its Jill she has to LIE and make it sound like she got special treatment because she is so dogly.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

the people bringing them meals because "it was so hard to feed a large family without electricity" was such nonsense. Surely Jill could have called in an order for pizza just like the Pastor's wife did. Again I will say, these people travel in an RV all the freaking time, one would think they possibly fed themselves meals at least a few times while traveling without having electric hook up.

• Like 6
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, lilwhitelion said:

I watched the video of Jill and the girls at the keyboard with Nehemiah.  Jill bent over to kiss Nehemiah on the forehead and Kaylee was visibly annoyed at Jill's hair in her face.

I saw the video too and the best part was Tessie checking herself out in the camera like, “Yup, I’m the cute one.”😂

• LOL 22
16 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I saw the video too and the best part was Tessie checking herself out in the camera like, “Yup, I’m the cute one.”😂

I hope she is also considering growing out her eyebrows. 

• Like 1
  • Love 9

I've seen that look before. Nurie is 'secretly' saying to Jill can you believe that?! They must have eye spied sluttish women or an unwed, tattooed, blue hair mother, or, gasp, a same sex couple.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4
  • LOL 7
Just now, GeeGolly said:

I've seen that look before. Nurie is 'secretly' saying to Jill can you believe that?! They must have eye spied sluttish women or an unwed, tattooed, blue hair mother, or, gasp, a same sex couple.

Oh, I hadn't considered that, but I bet you are right! I thought she was annoyed by Jill taking paparazzi pictures when she is just trying to get through security, but my interpretation is through the lens of my shutterbug MIL who takes these types of pictures and shares many characteristics with Jill.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, lilwhitelion said:

I watched the video of Jill and the girls at the keyboard with Nehemiah.  Jill bent over to kiss Nehemiah on the forehead and Kaylee was visibly annoyed at Jill's hair in her face.

I watched the video too and I could literally not tell which girl was Renee, Kaylee or Nurie because I never thought we'd see Kaylee minus black eyeliner, blue eyeshadow and mascara.  My first thought was that it was Nurie holding Nemo and maybe she was just too freaking exhausted to put on makeup - but Kaylee?  I'm surprised Jill allowed that, to be honest - just based on the fact that the girls who have been inducted into Jill's Makeup Hall of Fame are almost never photographed or filmed without it....including when they go swimming, or hiking, or are being swept away in a drainage ditch.

Maybe Jill felt like since she's got Kaylee nearly married off, she could skip the full face for one day - although that seems unlikely.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

A pregnant woman forgoing a mask in an airport is just…sigh. 

Too true. More and more studies are coming out about covid infected pregnant women and their unborn babies. A lot of it is not good.

• Like 2
  • Sad 10
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I think Jill turns on the charm and guilt and plays the game like the expert narcissistic  user she is. After all, she has grifted at least one car, a large piece of a cow, a week at a beach rental, and an entire family house!

Sounds like people need to start ignoring her calls and texts! 😆 I sure wouldn’t answer if she tried to contact me.

2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

My understanding is that the churches pay the costs of materials and delivery, and David and his unpaid crew donate the labor as part of their ministry. There seems to be no reason he can't take paid work on the side, as long as the buyer doesn't expect good  design and basic proofreading. We might conclude that Poppa prefers to sit in his recliner and watch the map on the wall. 

Yes, his “crew” of mostly underage starving waifs, who should be in “school.” There are child labor laws for a reason, David.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I'm betting the church has a food pantry.  Jill shows up for bag of food like everyone else.  But because its Jill she has to LIE and make it sound like she got special treatment because she is so dogly.

Ha! “Dogly “ has now been added to my vocabulary.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

the people bringing them meals because "it was so hard to feed a large family without electricity" was such nonsense. Surely Jill could have called in an order for pizza just like the Pastor's wife did. Again I will say, these people travel in an RV all the freaking time, one would think they possibly fed themselves meals at least a few times while traveling without having electric hook up.

Plus they must have some canned and dried foods in their pantry  they could subsist on for a couple days. Or head to the grocery for some cheap cuts of meat or hotdogs and grill them outside. Throw in a party size bag of chips and there you go.

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I hope she is also considering growing out her eyebrows. 

I doubt Jill would allow that. 🤦‍♀️

59 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

And her husband's name is Mark.

So she’s OfMark then.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Too true. More and more studies are coming out about covid infected pregnant women and their unborn babies. A lot of it is not good.

Covid is now the leading cause of death from disease in children. I have tons of links and graphs from medical journals, etc. PM me if you’re interested.

• Sad 10
  • Useful 2
10 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Uh oh.  Dogly is my go to nickname for all actual canines.  Do I need a new one?

Maybe? I already used “thank dog” but never thought of “dogly” and I love it!

• Like 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Uh oh.  Dogly is my go to nickname for all actual canines.  Do I need a new one?

Ha! I’ve had to change my name for canines to “doogies” because my dog goes effing nuts if anyone says the words that shall not be spoken (dog, squirrel, park, treat, or any name of the dogs in our neighborhood that he has amazingly committed to memory). He’s apparently the dog damned mayor of the block. I want to talk to him about adopting Snuggles.

Edited by charmed1
  • Like 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Absolom said:

You can use mine - Deogee. D-O-G spelled out loud, except with the accent on the O. D OOOH G.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

A few years ago we lost power for a few days. We used the food in the freezer and grilled it. We survived to tell the tale. You can cook just about anything on s grill. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
(edited)
55 minutes ago, jacourt said:

A few years ago we lost power for a few days. We used the food in the freezer and grilled it. We survived to tell the tale. You can cook just about anything on s grill. 

And cheaper foods too. Carlin and Josie Bates used a grill to cook potatoes and chicken for a birthday that had far more guests than the 15 Rods.

I'm sure they go through at least a gallon of milk a day, which could be bought daily, say for cereal, and any left over could be stored in a cooler with ice. Breakfast made on a grill is so yummy. Again trot down to the store and buy a couple dozen eggs and some ham. Its just not that hard.

Edited per @Heathen 🤣

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 3
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And cheaper foods too. Carlin and Jose Bates used a grill to cook potatoes and chicken for a birthday that had far more guests than the 15 Rods.

I'm sure they go through at least a gallon of milk a day, which could be bought daily, say for cereal, and any left over could be stored in a cooler with ice. Breakfast made on a grill is so yummy. Again trot down to the store and buy a couple dozen eggs and some ham. Its just not that hard.

Jose Bates? Another Bateseseses? Dog help us. 

(I kid, I kid. I know it's Josie.) 

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Covid is now the leading cause of death from disease in children. I have tons of links and graphs from medical journals, etc. PM me if you’re interested.

I'm sorry I don't believe this is true. 

• LOL 2
34 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

And cheaper foods too. Carlin and Jose Bates used a grill to cook potatoes and chicken for a birthday that had far more guests than the 15 Rods.

Even hotdogs and boxed burgers, beef or turkey. Corn on the cob was 5 cents an ear out by me. That grills up nicely. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2