Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

There are too many Rods to fit in a single safe place. I'd go under the giant staircase in the map room. Jill's jetted bathtub is another option. 

There might be a couple of boxes of crackers in the pantry closet to temp anyone who hides there. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

This picture looks staged to me. The “damage” is awfully neat and tidy. Not saying they didn’t have a storm go through, but I suspect she needed to find a way to make herself the center of the drama.

If it had been staged, there would have been a decorative cross placed neatly in the center of the destruction to prove god loves them the mostest 😆

• LOL 18
  • Love 6

the only trees they have seem to be on the outer edges of their property. so the trees piled in the middle of the yard was interesting. Also the staged looking pic sort of look like items Jill got at a garage sale or picked up along the road on trash day but she hasn't gotten around to "remaking them" and adding them to the graveyard garden yet. You would think the land tornado would have caused some damages there that were picture worthy.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

the only trees they have seem to be on the outer edges of their property. so the trees piled in the middle of the yard was interesting. Also the staged looking pic sort of look like items Jill got at a garage sale or picked up along the road on trash day but she hasn't gotten around to "remaking them" and adding them to the graveyard garden yet. You would think the land tornado would have caused some damages there that were picture worthy.

To Jill, everything is picture worthy.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Everything that involves Jill is picture worthy. 

And even a few things (and events) that don't. Remember the stranger funeral that Jill inserted herself and her family in to?

• Sad 7

David’s mother was at Phillip’s “graduation” and she was the best dressed and most modern looking woman there including her own granddaughters. One of the little Rodlets is wearing a dress so big, she looks like she’s standing behind one of those cartoon cardboard cutouts at the carnival.

• Sad 12
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, momma2seven said:

If it had been staged, there would have been a decorative cross placed neatly in the center of the destruction to prove god loves them the mostest 😆

Good point! 

39 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

David’s mother was at Phillip’s “graduation” and she was the best dressed and most modern looking woman there including her own granddaughters. One of the little Rodlets is wearing a dress so big, she looks like she’s standing behind one of those cartoon cardboard cutouts at the carnival.

I saw that. The dress is way too big on her. Maybe they are hoping she will grow into it ---- when she is like 22!

• Sad 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)

The storm was just a couple days ago, Jill. “Roughing it,” really? It’s a hard life when others provide your family with more food.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 11
  • Love 4
(edited)

So what are they using their generator for, the freaking printing ministry?? 
I remember having no power for 12 days, once upon a time. We had a gas stove so we used a generator and had the refrigerator and freezer on it. We used the grill for cooking and heating things up, no microwave at that time. There’s dishes to do, showers to be taken…… Of course these blessed people need others to cook for them. 

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

So what are they using their generator for, the freaking printing ministry?? 

Her cell phone certainly has enough juice to grift on social media. And it looks like David is talking on his. Why is “laundry piling up” after two days? I thought she goes to the laundromat. Or is that only for soul winning? 

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

“We are living like the Amish around us. But, we chose to gather for prayer last night…” I’m pretty sure the Amish gather for prayer too.

In order to deal with that backed up laundry they could following Amish methods.  Otherwise they could try bathing in those runoff drains.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Having no power would not make a difference to the Amish.  The Old World Amish that I am familiar with have no electricity, but have appliances rigged up to a gas or propane motor.  So Jill is not "living like their Amish neighbors".  Her neighbors are prepared.

• Like 6
  • Love 12
(edited)

I also want to know how the kind pastor and his wife got to the barndo with all those trees blocking the driveway? Did those scrawny boys move them all so cars could get through? 

Or did the Amish come down the driveway and clean it up themselves, given that they use the driveway as well. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Like 2
  • Love 8
(edited)
On 6/11/2022 at 6:51 AM, SMama said:

FWIW, the next N is a Keller not a Waller baby. Still destined to be an underachiever. 

Thank you. I'm the one who called the baby a Waller.  I couldn't think of Nathan's last name and Waller seemed right at the time.  Oops.  

I am worried about Callie too.  She looked absolutely exhausted in one video.  I hadn't noticed the same clothes.  

Edited by ranchgirl
  • Sad 3
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

Thank you. I'm the one who called the baby a Waller.  I couldn't think of Nathan's last name and Waller seemed right at the time.  Oops.  

I am worried about Callie too.  She looked absolutely exhausted in one video.  I hadn't noticed the same clothes.  

Callie cooks and cleans at home, to subject her to so much physical labor it’s abuse, plain and simple, Gil and Kelly are vile grifters.

• Sad 16
1 minute ago, SMama said:

Callie cooks and cleans at home, to subject her to so much physical labor it’s abuse, plain and simple, Gil and Kelly are vile grifters.

Poor Callie. I've seen Addee with babies on her hip, so I guess that's her domain. A mini-Michael. I'm not sure where Ellie falls on the child labor spectrum.

• Sad 5
On 6/10/2022 at 7:14 PM, SMama said:

Good, they should have all boys. It will deny BME the opportunity to have a granddaughter named after her.

😆😆😆😆

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, charmed1 said:

The littlest (Janessa?) looked like an extra from Little House on the Prairie. 

• Sad 7
29 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Looks like she did one of them and not the other.

I noticed that too and wondered if Nurie did one eyebrow Jill's way in preparation for her visit, and didn't do the other with the intention of hiding it beneath her bangs...that way, she'd only have to re-grow one eyebrow instead of both.

I also notice that I put way too much thought into all of this.

• LOL 21
15 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Her cell phone certainly has enough juice to grift on social media. And it looks like David is talking on his. Why is “laundry piling up” after two days? I thought she goes to the laundromat. Or is that only for soul winning? 

She only goes there to worship Daniel. 

• Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
19 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

That was truly a new low for her.

I don’t know how she could ever do anything more disturbing than that.  That proved beyond all doubt that she is 100% insane.

• Sad 5
18 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Good point! 

I saw that. The dress is way too big on her. Maybe they are hoping she will grow into it ---- when she is like 22!

Sofia was wearing the dress that was at least six sizes too big.  That child has never wore clothes or shoes that fit.  NEVER.  She is 7 years old but looks like she’s 4, maybe 5.  Her hair is very thin, stringy and dull, her skin is gray, and she’s extremely underweight.  I want to break down and cry every time I see a picture of her.  I won’t say what I would like to do to her POS mother.

• Like 3
  • Sad 22
  • Applause 2
16 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I don't have a problem with people only allowing their girls to wear dresses and I don't have an issue with shopping used/free clothing stores for children's clothes. But these little girls are almost never in clothes that fit, look nice, and/or are appropriate for what they're doing. That can be done even with used clothes.

All it really would require is Jill or Kaylee or Renee to give the little girls 5 minutes of time to make sure they are dressed appropriately.  Why that never happens when we see Jill and Kaylee and Renee with a full-face of makeup daily plus hair is a mystery.  The boys are all neatly dressed, but the girls are a wild bunch until puberty.  I have never seen a family with this level of disparity before.  Jill does not seem to care what her girls look like as long as they are in the right color for her vision.  

4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Jill is currently begging for money on their blog page. Is it okay that I post the link? 

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=4283

Seems fine.  I would add a content warning for the terrible punctuation.

• LOL 12
  • Love 4

OF COURSE Jill's street was hit harder than "nearly anywhere else".

I feel like under the extra strenuous, financial times, there should have been a picture of David in his recliner with his beloved map.

• Thanks 3
  • LOL 15
  • Love 5

So the Rods can travel for days/weeks during their grifting circuit. They can travel for vacations. But two days of no power and all of a sudden they're broke because they can't print. And what's worse than JillR's lies is, she will actually get donations.

• Like 9
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 7
  • Fire 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 9
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

So the Rods can travel for days/weeks during their grifting circuit. They can travel for vacations. But two days of no power and all of a sudden they're broke because they can't print. And what's worse than JillR's lies is, she will actually get donations.

And I’m assuming that the majority (if not all) of people who donate to the Rods are also feeling the pinch of higher gas prices, higher food prices, etc. And this will in no way affect their vacation plans this summer because she deserves it, no matter what new expenses might come up! (Also, who believes that David has enough print jobs that he’s working 24/7?) 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Jill is currently begging for money on their blog page. Is it okay that I post the link? 

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=4283

Can I change the banner at the top of their webpage to add “Pestering, Porking Out (David), Pretending (to be the Best Momma/Mama Ever), Pissing People off and then Protesting ‘Persecution!’”?

2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

A new one: Ohio derecho storm. 😂

Better than “land hurricane”? Or worse?

• Applause 1
  • LOL 5