Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 6/10/2022 at 8:06 PM, ginger90 said:

B4FF6DE4-2BE0-41FF-8FB9-604B8568E88C.jpeg

3AA54026-E409-4BDF-B88A-1AB47E8699C2.jpeg

How engaged she is with her grand daughter 🙄

42 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill was posting Phillip’s “graduation” videos at 2:00am.  David made a speech, Phillip made a speech and of course Jill made a speech.  She talked about her 36 hours labor with Phillip, how all of the blood vessels in her face burst during the labor.  She also cried during her speech.  I wonder how much she paid for the too-small prom dress that she wore?  Phillip was the only graduate wearing the traditional cap and gown.  Where do they sell those?

I have seen them at Goodwill before. 

• Wink 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Was the gender reveal and graduation the same party as GWE’s birthday party? I think JillR said Nurie was coming up for a belated 50th birthday party. That would be crazy even for BME, three parties for her to take center stage!

• Sad 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Good god what is that thing on her head when she is making her speech -- which is all about her of course not the actual graduate?   Also all the blood vessels in her face burst?   I don't think so.   Her face would be one giant bruise and I am sure the doctors would show some concern if that ACTUALLY happened.   Have you heard this story before?   Knowing Jill if it were true we would have heard it -- repeatedly.

• LOL 12
6 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Good god what is that thing on her head when she is making her speech -- which is all about her of course not the actual graduate?   Also all the blood vessels in her face burst?   I don't think so.   Her face would be one giant bruise and I am sure the doctors would show some concern if that ACTUALLY happened.   Have you heard this story before?   Knowing Jill if it were true we would have heard it -- repeatedly.

I think Jill looks like a lounge singer in that first photo.  One shouldn't wear a dress that's too close to your own skin tone.  You're washed-out looking Jill!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Standing in front of the flowers on the wall to give her speech made me wonder what she'd stuck on her head at first.  Great look, Jill!

Jill lies so I doubt all the blood vessels on her face burst.  It was probably two to four spots.  

That dress is horrible.  Sophisticated Jill will never be.  She'd have to work hard to get to close to the occasion.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Yes, but all of them?

You must remember this is the same person who tore "four things" in her knee, yet required no intervention. If some women experience a few broken vessels, BME must have ALL.

• Like 1
  • LOL 17
  • Love 2
(edited)

But why a taco? Is it Nurie's favorite food?

David seems like he might be the brightest of the bunch (although obviously that bar is on the ground, and he's clearly not bright enough to realize his children need to eat a proper portion before he goes back for thirds): "What do I smash it with?"

And how does one go about "smashing" a tiny, flat object to begin with? Ah, well, when you organize these events on the cheap with a pea brain, this is what you get.

Why is David the one doing the smashing, anyway? Is it his baby whose gender is being revealed?

Edited by graefin
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Blood vessels on the face and eyes can burst from pushing during delivery. It kind of looks like red freckles.

Happens all the time, especially with prolonged pushing. When it happens in the eyes, the 'whites' turn red and stay that way for days.  The blood vessels in the face are tiny capillaries, just tiny red dots.  And, of course, it is not ALL the capillaries

Odd that Jill had that pushing out her 4th (?) kid, it usually happens with the first.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 1
  • Useful 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

Happens all the time, especially with prolonged pushing. When it happens in the eyes, the 'whites' turn red and stay that way for days.  The blood vessels in the face are tiny capillaries, just tiny red dots.  And, of course, it is not ALL the capillaries

Odd that Jill had that pushing out her 4th (?) kid, it usually happens with the first.

After 13 births, Jill might have trouble keeping the details straight. They're all just little soldiers for God's army anyway. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 6
1 hour ago, graefin said:

But why a taco? Is it Nurie's favorite food?

David seems like he might be the brightest of the bunch (although obviously that bar is on the ground, and he's clearly not bright enough to realize his children need to eat a proper portion before he goes back for thirds): "What do I smash it with?"

And how does one go about "smashing" a tiny, flat object to begin with? Ah, well, when you organize these events on the cheap with a pea brain, this is what you get.

Why is David the one doing the smashing, anyway? Is it his baby whose gender is being revealed?

Ok, I’ll say it… because the baby is going to come out of Nurie’s taco. 🤮 

You can order caps, gowns and all the accoutrements online.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 5

I really hope N and N only have boys.  I am convinced if there is a girl, they will name it Nevaeh, (Heaven! Spelled backwards) which I don't like to start with, but then they will use a Kre8iv spelling, and it will be Nevajeh, to "honor" Jill with a random J, and the girl will go her whole life being called "Neevuh-Jay" or "Nuh-VAH-juh" or something else ridiculous.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Looks like the gender reveal and graduation were at the same place, on the same day. Joint celebrations are a Jill thing.

E5918D55-65FE-47D9-A5C3-5436E0FD321D.thumb.jpeg.1bd4ad6da5bf2f6a35338b1628e47b13.jpeg

D3F14EDA-4177-401E-BD0D-41CE1D80A4B3.jpeg

997513BB-7F46-4D49-AE3E-413ED7BE852E.jpeg

I actually thought Jill was wearing a crazy flower hat in the first picture.  Sad that I thought that was something she would really do.  But I'm glad she didn't.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
(edited)

I just watched the graduation videos. Jill's speech was characteristically about Jill. At least Deadbeat Dave gave Phillip some guidance. They were still pretty awful overall. 

I can't believe the Rods basically commandeered the church last Sunday, taking over the graduation, having a party for David, and throwing in a sex reveal. I wonder what the other members of Joy Baptist think of them, especially Jill.

eta While watching her stories just now, I noticed that she posted all this stuff at 2am last night. When does this woman sleep?

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I just watched the graduation videos. Jill's speech was characteristically about Jill. At least Deadbeat Dave gave Phillip some guidance. They were still pretty awful overall. 

I can't believe the Rods basically commandeered the church last Sunday, taking over the graduation, having a party for David, and throwing in a sex reveal. I wonder what the other members of Joy Baptist think of them, especially Jill.

eta While watching her stories just now, I noticed that she posted all this stuff at 2am last night. When does this woman sleep?

She doesn't sleep. I think she is either hopped up on plexus or she is bipolar. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Probably both. I just hope she doesn't expect the kids to stay up and keep her company. 

I bet Jill sometimes wakes them up and rants at them for some task they did unsatisfactorily.

• Sad 10
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

During the day when she is supposed to be cooking for her family, and taking care of her children.

• Sad 7

Its so bizarre what Fundies choose to use from mainstream life and what they don't.

Like dressing their son in a gown and a hat with a tassel. I don't know, but gown and tassel both sound feminine to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Blood vessels on the face and eyes can burst from pushing during delivery. It kind of looks like red freckles.

It happened to me with my third, and last, delivery.  I broke lots of blood vessels in my eyes and face.  Baby had red eyes too.

But I have never gotten in front of the podium on my daughter’s graduation day and divulged this!  I’ve never even told her!

Jill just had to make Phillip’s day all about her!  Sort of like how Michelle “celebrates “ Josie’s birthday by telling how she almost died giving birth.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, sheshark said:

Timcel sighting,  first row of graduation.  Only Philip in cap and gown, the videographer ignored the other kids.  I guess Jill coached Him about the tassel change.  

Were there other graduates there?
There really weren’t many people in attendance from what was shown.

• Useful 1

When I had my daughter, I did have some blood vessels break around my eyes, resulting in small red spots.  This also happened to me already when I was really sick and vomited a lot.  I only pushed like 5 times giving birth, but I did have some bruising on the sides of my neck, and it was a bit painful for a day or two.  But I did NOT ever talk about this SEVERE problem in a speech.  And EVERY BLOOD VESSEL?!?!?!?   Jill is a lying liar who lies.

Talking about your labor and delivery as a 'graduation speech' is really weird and self-centered.  Then again, this is Jill.  me, Me, ME!!!!!

Just for fun, I looked Jill up on Facebook.  I find myself laughing at the comments from her fans telling her how wonderful and GODLY she is.  What is WRONG with these people?

Random capitalized words are fun :)

Oh, and the video of the gender reveal was strange, to say the least.  There was GWE stuffing his face while waiting to smash the taco.  And asking a BABY "are you excited to be a big brother?"  He's a baby!  How far apart will these brothers be?  Did Nurie get pregnant in the recovery room?

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9

Carlin starts her EEG tomorrow and she's hoping for answers because she's "still passing out".

Her youngest sister seems to been helping them for days on end, yet she's in the same outfit every single day. Fudged timeline or weird editing? Or maybe those are her work clothes?

Both houses look like pure chaos, but they're moving in 5 days.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, realityfan26 said:

Isn't a land hurricane a tornado?

LOL I said the same thing!  Don't even try and tell us "that's what they call it in Ohio", Jill, many of us are from there/have lived there, and we all know the word "tornado". 

But maybe the word "tornado" doesn't sound SEVERE enough.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

According to Google land hurricanes are severe wind storms, also called derechos. No twisting or twister like a tornado.  JillR would call it a tornado if it was one, they're far worse than hurricanes.

• Thanks 2
  • Useful 8
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, realityfan26 said:

It’s being referred to as a severe thunderstorm and,  “The National Weather Service is investigating if a tornado caused the heavy damage in parts of the two counties, a spokesperson for the National Weather Service in Cleveland said.”.

• Useful 9
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

According to Google land hurricanes are severe wind storms, also called derechos. No twisting or twister like a tornado.  JillR would call it a tornado if it was one, they're far worse than hurricanes.

We had a derecho a couple years ago here in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I45 mph winds for 45 minutes. I was absolutely terrified. No power for days, homes, businesses, destroyed. We lost 50% of our trees throughout the city. It was absolutely horrible. Took over a year to clean up. Never do I want to go through that again. 

• Mind Blown 3
  • Hugs 9
  • Sad 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It’s being referred to as a severe thunderstorm and,  “The National Weather Service is investigating if a tornado caused the heavy damage in parts of the two counties, a spokesperson for the National Weather Service in Cleveland said.”.

Yeah, I understood it to be straight line winds, so more in the vein of a derecho.

• Thanks 2
  • Useful 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, realityfan26 said:

It's called a derecho, I experienced the one two years ago that hit Iowa and it was awful and scary. I was at work in Cedar Rapids and not sure if I could go home because the two roads leading to my job were blocked by downed trees. I had co-workers that didn't have power for two weeks, which in Iowa in August is less than fun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_2020_Midwest_derecho

1 hour ago, Madtown said:

We had a derecho a couple years ago here in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I45 mph winds for 45 minutes. I was absolutely terrified. No power for days, homes, businesses, destroyed. We lost 50% of our trees throughout the city. It was absolutely horrible. Took over a year to clean up. Never do I want to go through that again. 

It was horrific, I live outside of CR and driving into town was a day to night difference. It looked like the aftermath of a hurricane.

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • Useful 10
  • Love 1
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

So is Jill saying they left the house and went somewhere else “safe?” 

I don't think they have a basement.  However, another option is to go to the center of the home, on the first floor, away from all windows.  Not that Jill would know that.  Maybe they all piled in the car and went to Jonathan's basement cell for shelter.

I live a little north of Jill, very near the lake (Erie).  It seemed like a typical summer thunderstorm to me, windy, lots of lightning.  It may have been worse in the Wooster area, but no way did we have a 'land hurricane'.  Last I heard, the NWS is doubtful that there were tornados last night although some areas had some damage from high winds.  From the outside of Jill's house, it looks like the kind of stuff you see after summer thunderstorms with winds in the midwest.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • Love 9

Okay now I'm obsessed, bothered, curious, disgusted? I'm not sure what I am, but Callie (12ish?), the youngest Bates daughter, has been in about a dozen posts over the last week/10 days or so. In every single picture she is wearing the same clothes. From scrubbing a bathroom, to sleeping on a couch, to attending a birthday party. What gives?!

• Like 1
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 3
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Wonder where the tree pictures were taken? This is outside JillR's front door. Doesn't look very bad there.

image.png.d59ec27c57a0b273d02fde72cf3a2e43.png

This picture looks staged to me. The “damage” is awfully neat and tidy. Not saying they didn’t have a storm go through, but I suspect she needed to find a way to make herself the center of the drama.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

This picture looks staged to me. The “damage” is awfully neat and tidy. Not saying they didn’t have a storm go through, but I suspect she needed to find a way to make herself the center of the drama.

It does look quite artfully 'arranged' in typical JROD fashion.  What are the odds of a window ending up propped against a bench with two other things on top of it and not break?  I think she just gathered a bunch of stuff and threw it around the porch and took a photo.  If that is mother nature's handiwork, I must say it looks far better than most of Jill's 'decor'.

4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Okay now I'm obsessed, bothered, curious, disgusted? I'm not sure what I am, but Callie (12ish?), the youngest Bates daughter, has been in about a dozen posts over the last week/10 days or so. In every single picture she is wearing the same clothes. From scrubbing a bathroom, to sleeping on a couch, to attending a birthday party. What gives?!

Too bad someone in the family doesn't own a clothing store or something and couldn't provide her with something else to wear.  Or maybe skipped a couple of Starbuck's runs and bought the kid an outfit or two from Target or Walmart considering all of the undoubtedly unpaid labor she has provided all week.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

So is Jill saying they left the house and went somewhere else “safe?” 

They probably took shelter in the food pantry.  I’m willing to bet that it has more empty space than any other place in the house.

• Sad 6
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 3