Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Any predictions on which sad Rod kid will win Jill's demented easter egg hunt where one child wins the chocolate rabbit and the rest get to watch that kid eat it?

Oh come on, you know even if Jill ALLOWED her kids to hunt easter eggs, she would take part too.   And the kids would all agree she won -- then give her their treats to show how much they love BME.   

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Oh come on, you know even if Jill ALLOWED her kids to hunt easter eggs, she would take part too.   And the kids would all agree she won -- then give her their treats to show how much they love BME.   

She does allow it and last year Janessa won because Gabriel carried her around and helped her while BME filmed it. and then took video of janessa eating the bunny in front of the others. The year before there was video of the little girls hunting eggs in their bedroom.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 1

Why pray for a 14th child when you have done so badly with the 13 you already have? 
Instead of praying for Jill to have a 14th child we should be praying for the 13 she already has. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Any predictions on which sad Rod kid will win Jill's demented easter egg hunt where one child wins the chocolate rabbit and the rest get to watch that kid eat it?

Jenessa is her current favorite kid, so I predict that she’ll be this year’s winner. 🙁

• Love 1
2 hours ago, beckie said:

That picture of hunk behind Janessa was kind of creepy looking to me. If I didn't know he was her father, I'd assume he was up to something. 

Am I awful?

No, you’re not awful.  The thought entered my mind, as well.  He looks completely over it in those pictures.  I’m betting that he is NOT praying for another baby.  Jill is so damn dense.  Her husband looks like he could keel over with a massive heart attack or stroke at any time and she wants to get knocked up again.  I just cannot with that idiot… 🤦🏼‍♀️

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

No, you’re not awful.  The thought entered my mind, as well.  He looks completely over it in those pictures.  I’m betting that he is NOT praying for another baby.  Jill is so damn dense.  Her husband looks like he could keel over with a massive heart attack or stroke at any time and she wants to get knocked up again.  I just cannot with that idiot… 🤦🏼‍♀️

Imagine if he dies while they are mating… what a way to go!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Since Janessa wasn't as affected by the missing corpus callosum (?) like Jill hoped she'd be (for extra grifting potential) she now needs something (one) else to bring attention solely to her. So of course she's praying for number 14.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Jill's stated desire for a 14th child gives me an uneasy feeling...that she is already pregnant. She will then brag about how the prayers of her wonderful supporters (and herself, of course) worked.

That unfortunately makes sense. For several years she’s teased the possibility with her guessing games, but this is different… failing to be pregnant now could indicate that she’s not God’s favorite and her prayers don’t work.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Jill's stated desire for a 14th child gives me an uneasy feeling...that she is already pregnant. She will then brag about how the prayers of her wonderful supporters (and herself, of course) worked.

I had the same thought. But she wasn't pregnant when she announced Nurthling #2 a couple weeks ago. So, if she is pregnant, she just found out.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 3
50 minutes ago, beckie said:

Since Janessa wasn't as affected by the missing corpus callosum (?) like Jill hoped she'd be (for extra grifting potential) she now needs something (one) else to bring attention solely to her. So of course she's praying for number 14.

How do we know that Janessa isn't affected by it? It's not like they get regular medical care. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I had the same thought. But she wasn't pregnant when she announced Nurthling #2 a couple weeks ago. So, if she is pregnant, she just found out.

Or, she just didn't give full disclosure! Now, don't get me wrong,  I feel that if she knew that she and Nurie were both pregnant she would be crowing from the rooftops. We would have non-stop updates with grinning pictures..Therefore,  I doubt she is/was. However, we must always acknowledge that total honesty is not Jill's forte and we can't take anything at face value. 

Edited by Liddy52
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

I have to say it, I read this as crowning!

To be honest, when I was re-reading it, I did too! And I wrote it! I had to stop and think for a minute about what I had tried to say. I sincerely hope she is not crowning (from the rooftops or anywhere else) ever again.  

• LOL 17

I think Jill is realizing that the grift won't work as well without so many children so she is becoming desperate for another. By next year 2 daughters will be married and tim is not traveling with them. Jill said Phillip will be "dropping out of their group later this summer" to attend bible college. Renee is surely praying for a godly man who will fall in love with her and the amish country so they can stay near BME. Sammers will be 18 in the fall, so maybe has another year of traveling with the fam.

that would leave the traveling rod show with 7 kids. many of the people they grift from at the various churches probably have that many of their own at home and support them without the love offerings of a traveling road show.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

And don't do that the kids younger than Sammers aren't as proficient at either instruments or singing beyond yelling. Not much of a road show there once these older kids leave.

It wasn’t much of a road show with the older kids involved.

• LOL 8
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

How do we know that Janessa isn't affected by it? It's not like they get regular medical care. 

Well I said wasn't AS affected. But you're right. We don't know the extent of it. But I think if she had more severe issues we'd hear about them more.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think when you're numbers 12 and 13 in birth order you have to rely on yourself for any type of comfort and soothing. I'm guessing sleeping in a 4 x 4 cage while traveling doesn't help either. This is not to say that all kids who suck their thumbs/blankets/pacifiers passed their toddler years are emotionally neglected, but the Rod kids sure are.

4 x 4 is very generous of you.  The cage had to be smaller than that because it fit under the hanging clothes in the RV closet.  I doubt that closet is 4 feet deep.  My  guest room closet--in a real house-- is 24 inches deep.  Poor little kids.

• Love 1

This is from Jill, Janessa was about 18 months old, I believe:

“To this day Janessa has shown NO signs of being behind developmentally. She tries to talk, walk, and is RIGHT on target for her age. The doctors scratch their heads…eager (it seems) to find SOMETHING in which she is lacking, behind or slow. They find NOTHING.”

This is from  Debi Pearl’s book, Create a Better Brain Through Neuroplasticity.

https://www.amazon.com/Create-Better-Brain-through-Neuroplasticity/dp/1616441135/ref=as_li_ss_tl?crid=7YLOAG8F7BR0&keywords=create+a+better+brain+through+neuroplasticity&qid=1572709128&sprefix=create+a+be,aps,272&sr=8-3&linkCode=sl1&tag=calulu-20&linkId=9108c32f28c498a4bda10bde6a2684be&language=en_US

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

I feel that if she knew that she and Nurie were both pregnant she would be crowing from the rooftops. We would have non-stop updates with grinning pictures..Therefore,  I doubt she is/was.

Being pregnant at the same time as your daughter is the Holy Grail of Fundie motherhood (even better than a multiple birth). If Jill is, we'll never hear the end of it.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

Being pregnant at the same time as your daughter is the Holy Grail of Fundie motherhood (even better than a multiple birth). If Jill is, we'll never hear the end of it.

And I think we all know Jill would be just thrilled to bits to deliver a handicapped child. I believe the chances of that happening increase with age. The poor baby would never be taken care of properly, but Jill would have maximum grifting power then.

7 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Wouldn’t put it past Jilly to buy a fake pregnancy belly to claim a miracle pregnancy. Then have a SEVERE miscarriage to grab all the attention from Jonkay wedding and Nurie baby #2. 

But but but

Lying is sin. What would Jesus say?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

But but but

Lying is sin. What would Jesus say?

It seems to me a saved Fundy liar is more worthy than an unsaved person just going about their own business.

I doubt Jesus agrees.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, beckie said:

Well I said wasn't AS affected. But you're right. We don't know the extent of it. But I think if she had more severe issues we'd hear about them more.

I will always believe that Jill made Janessa’s diagnosis sound worse than what the doctor told her.  We all know that Jill is a liar and an exaggerator.  I would love to have access to Janessa’s prenatal records. 

• Love 19
On 4/17/2022 at 9:39 AM, libgirl2 said:

They can't even take care of the ones they have. And what a way to diminish your child's birthday! She is a real cow. 

I am praying God has shut down that uterus! 

That was my first thought as well. Stop worrying about wanting another and take care of the ones you have - feed them, educate them, give them clothes and shoes that fit, stop making them your slave, and let them be children.

And what a sad birthday message. I this this little one never ever sees it! As always all about Jill!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, smallfry said:

That was my first thought as well. Stop worrying about wanting another and take care of the ones you have - feed them, educate them, give them clothes and shoes that fit, stop making them your slave, and let them be children.

And what a sad birthday message. I this this little one never ever sees it! As always all about Jill!

She and her ilk don’t care about what kind of suffering kids might experience after being born. Some guy on Twitter the other day told me that straight up. In their minds, it’s better that all pregnancies result in births, despite the suffering they know many will experience, including homelessness, hunger, subpar schools, and lack of healthcare. 🥲 No doubt Jill feels exactly the same.

• Sad 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Of course she did.  And, I think that if we ever had the chance to see the conversation between Jill and  her doctors; I'd be willing to bet that SHE was the one who brought up the topic of abortion and the doctor simply confirmed that it was an option.  I've been doing this for close to 40 years and have yet to see a physician tell someone outright to have an abortion, but simply mentioned it as one of her options.

Jill: 'Doctor, are you saying I should have an ABORTION?' Bug-eyes and shocked face

Doctor: 'No, Jill, I'm saying that that is an option that some women might choose, but carrying the baby is also your choice'.

If a doctor doesn't mention termination as an option in these instances, it is malpractice.  

As someone who did a lot of pregnancy counseling back in the day, I can confirm that I’ve never known anyone, doctor or otherwise, to “recommend” abortion to any patient. When a test was positive, we always discussed ALL of the options and let the patient steer the discussion from there. Always.  I agree that Jill is lying. Again. 

• Love 18
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Totally agree. My take is a scan showed something suspicious, but in the end, turned out to be wrong. Jill clouded that truth by lying about all the doctors wanting her to terminate her pregnancy.

If lying was an Olympic sport, JillR for sure would take home gold. 🤥🥇

Jill also gets to brag about her “miracle child” who was miraculously healed by God in the womb before birth.  

• Love 3
11 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Still no post about their wonderful  Easter hunger games style egg hunt? I’m shocked !

It’s up on Instagram now! Just as bad as prior years. The best scene is the indoor egg hunt for the older/adult kids where GWE is either sleeping or passed out in his recliner. BME is the worst photographer, my head was spinning.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
On 4/17/2022 at 9:11 PM, ginger90 said:

This is from Jill, Janessa was about 18 months old, I believe:

“To this day Janessa has shown NO signs of being behind developmentally. She tries to talk, walk, and is RIGHT on target for her age. The doctors scratch their heads…eager (it seems) to find SOMETHING in which she is lacking, behind or slow. They find NOTHING.”

This is from  Debi Pearl’s book, Create a Better Brain Through Neuroplasticity.

https://www.amazon.com/Create-Better-Brain-through-Neuroplasticity/dp/1616441135/ref=as_li_ss_tl?crid=7YLOAG8F7BR0&keywords=create+a+better+brain+through+neuroplasticity&qid=1572709128&sprefix=create+a+be,aps,272&sr=8-3&linkCode=sl1&tag=calulu-20&linkId=9108c32f28c498a4bda10bde6a2684be&language=en_US

I’m sorry, Debi Pearl wrote a book on neuroplasticity? Based on … her years of successfully beating her kids up? Hell, she probably can’t even pronounce the word “neuroplasticity” or define it.

• Love 15

Once again that’s not enough food for 10+ people! Did Jonathan buy the feast? (Of course he did). Why isn’t the HUNK cutting up/serving the meat? 

Who was coughing in the background? COVID is in the Rod tin house? 

HUNK don’t die Jill needs you! 

• LOL 7