Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

I think in the latest one Tim rear-ended a car that had stopped. It’s hard to keep his fender-benders straight. 

I'm fairly certain in most, if not all states, a person who rear-ends another is always at fault.

• Love 21
25 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm fairly certain in most, if not all states, a person who rear-ends another is always at fault.

Not always, but rear ending someone with no other factors in place, this is true.

Ohio is an at fault state. I wonder what his  insurance status is.

• Useful 6
  • Love 2

Maybe Tim needs to stop singing and rehearsing sermons while driving and start paying attention. I wouldn't be surprised if he hands out Bible smiley tracts at the sites of his accidents. (That alone would make me want to sue him.)

All his salary from the adult care center (I assume he still has that job) must go for insurance, fines, and car repairs. BEST MOMMA gets what's left, so Tim is lucky to get a single McDonalds burger out of his paycheck. 

• Love 9

So if we assume that Tim's previous speeding violation was of the minor variety, only earning him the minimum 2 points on his license, that plus his two accidents (crossing center line 2 points, and failure to maintain proper distance 2 points) means that he is halfway to "earning" himself a suspended license.  Points don't fall off a license until 24 months after they go on so he's got 7 months before the oldest points start falling off, though there are road safety classes you can pay to take to wipe out a few of them IIRC.  The seat belt violation doesn't come with points unless the unrestrained person is a child, so I'm assuming no points there.

Hopefully, if he does manage to earn himself enough points to get suspended, the state goes for the car impound option when they inevitably catch him driving on that suspended license.  Jill's persecution meltdowns would be epic. 

Insurance companies have an even longer memory than the state, and pay attention to anything that costs money or indicates a risk, including single car accidents and things that happened in your previous home state with a different insurance company, so between the girls' rollover accident and his multiple violations and accidents, their family insurance must be insane, even if they are carrying the absolute minimum coverage. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, peppergal said:

So if we assume that Tim's previous speeding violation was of the minor variety, only earning him the minimum 2 points on his license, that plus his two accidents (crossing center line 2 points, and failure to maintain proper distance 2 points) means that he is halfway to "earning" himself a suspended license.  Points don't fall off a license until 24 months after they go on so he's got 7 months before the oldest points start falling off, though there are road safety classes you can pay to take to wipe out a few of them IIRC.  The seat belt violation doesn't come with points unless the unrestrained person is a child, so I'm assuming no points there.

Hopefully, if he does manage to earn himself enough points to get suspended, the state goes for the car impound option when they inevitably catch him driving on that suspended license.  Jill's persecution meltdowns would be epic. 

Insurance companies have an even longer memory than the state, and pay attention to anything that costs money or indicates a risk, including single car accidents and things that happened in your previous home state with a different insurance company, so between the girls' rollover accident and his multiple violations and accidents, their family insurance must be insane, even if they are carrying the absolute minimum coverage. 

You really think that they have auto insurance.  Thanks for the good laugh today I really needed it  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

You really think that they have auto insurance.  Thanks for the good laugh today I really needed it  

The state of Ohio requires proof of insurance with vehicle registration.  Not that that stops people from letting their coverage lapse. He would've been cited for being uninsured when he had his accidents though.

I was just in an MVC in December.  Pulling up to a stoplight, foot on the brake and coasting up to the car stopped in front of me when another driver, not paying attention, rear ended me at 25 mph and pushed me into the car ahead of me (one instance where rear ending someone is not your fault).  As soon as the officer arrived, he told all 3 of us he wanted our licenses and proof of insurance.  Pretty standard here in Ohio.  BTW, my car was totalled, the other driver's insurance covered my car and the guy in front of me who had substantial damage to his rear bumper.

Tim, being a single male under the age of 25 is already in one of the highest rate groups for insurance.  Getting into multiple accidents and being cited for multiple moving violations is not going to help that.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Not always, but rear ending someone with no other factors in place, this is true.

Ohio is an at fault state. I wonder what his  insurance status is.

I wonder if the court ever inquired about insurance status?

27 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

My guess is that they have the absolute minimum insurance required by law, and that they aren’t great at paying the premiums on time.

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, MargeGunderson said:

My guess is that they have the absolute minimum insurance required by law, and that they aren’t great at paying the premiums on time.

Don’t they just cancel the policy if payment is late?

• Love 4

The Bateses are having one last hurrah in the form of a ski vacation in Colorado. My guess is it was prepaid or at least a deposit paid by UP and the family decided to take advantage of the freebie.

I’m surprised Kelton and Josie made it, and more surprised Carlin and Evan didn’t. I realize Evan has school and work, but I thought Carlin would want to go before she has two babies to wrangle. 

Edited by SMama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I wonder if the court ever inquired about insurance status?

If you go to traffic court, you have to turn in your license at the door and they only return it to you when you provide proof of insurance.  I once sat in traffic court listening to a bunch of losers argue with the magistrate when he refused to give them back their licenses without proof of insurance.

When you're stopped for a moving violation or accident, the officer always asks for an insurance card along with the license.  Obviously, there may be some people who haven't paid their premiums, but they ask for the card. You're supposed to have it with you, but, if you don't, they give you something like 24 hours to bring it to the station or they can issue a warrant.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, peppergal said:

that is assuming Timothy is on the same insurance.

but I do think that is why we hear nothing of Kaylee, Renee, Phillip or Samuel having a license. no pics celebrating them getting a license. no pics of them driving, let alone getting a car. Nurie had an accident and Timothy has problems. sorry other "children" no driving for you.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

You're supposed to have it with you, but, if you don't, they give you something like 24 hours to bring it to the station or they can issue a warrant.

Yes this has happened to me here in Arkansas. I had to go to the court and show my insurance card to get the citation waived from my record, though I still paid some sort of processing fee. I'd just purchased a new car--was stopped while driving home with it--so momentary shenanigans ensued when the court clerk noted that the car listed on the card was the not the car I was driving when I was stopped. She glared at me like I was pulling a scam when I told her that I had insurance but I'd literally just bought the damn car. LOL 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yes this has happened to me here in Arkansas. I had to go to the court and show my insurance card to get the citation waived from my record, though I still paid some sort of processing fee. I'd just purchased a new car--was stopped while driving home with it--so momentary shenanigans ensued when the court clerk noted that the car listed on the card was the not the car I was driving when I was stopped. She glared at me like I was pulling a scam when I told her that I had insurance but I'd literally just bought the damn car. LOL 

When I’ve bought a vehicle, I’ve called right from the dealer to add the car, even though I didn’t have to apparently. There’s some sort of grace period (PA). It made me nervous not to. Recently I did this and screenshot the insurance ID, as it was in the APP almost immediately, just in case. Now screenshots of registrations are acceptable too. We don’t get paper proof here anymore. The police have some type of scanner that reads the license plate.

I do wish all states had uniform policies on this and other vehicle related things, such as car seats for children.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

When I’ve bought a vehicle, I’ve called right from the dealer to add the car, even though I didn’t have to apparently. There’s some sort of grace period (PA). It made me nervous not to. Recently I did this and screenshot the insurance ID, as it was in the APP almost immediately, just in case. Now screenshots of registrations are acceptable too. We don’t get paper proof here anymore. The police have some type of scanner that reads the license plate.

I do wish all states had uniform policies on this and other vehicle related things, such as car seats for children.

I bought it at about 7 pm, so my insurance office wasn't open; otherwise, I would have. I've never bought another car that late again. LOL

On topic: I assume if Tim didn't have current insurance, this would be part of one of his citations. It's just such a standard ask during any sort of traffic-related interaction with police that I can't imagine they didn't ask for his proof of insurance. 

• Love 7

when I bought my last car, I called Saturday  morning and told them I had the new car and the old car could be removed. They ended up removing my husband's car! It took a few days but it was straightened out.

Just now, Zella said:

I bought it at about 7 pm, so my insurance office wasn't open; otherwise, I would have. I've never bought another car that late again. LOL

On topic: I assume if Tim didn't have current insurance, this would be part of one of his citations. It's just such a standard ask during any sort of traffic-related interaction with police that I can't imagine they didn't ask for his proof of insurance. 

But what if he paid initially and then let it lapse? Wouldn’t his insurance card still make it appear as if it was valid? I pay for mine in full every 6 months, but do some still pay month to month? For example, mine is currently paid up though February, and my card reflects that. When I renew next month, I pay in full and I’m covered from Feb -Aug 2022. How do the cards appear when someone is paying month to month?

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

But what if he paid initially and then let it lapse? Wouldn’t his insurance card still make it appear as if it was valid? I pay for mine in full every 6 months, but do some still pay month to month? For example, mine is currently paid up though February, and my card reflects that. When I renew next month, I pay in full and I’m covered from Feb -Aug 2022. How do the cards appear when someone is paying month to month?

I have no clue. I have never paid monthly, but I would assume the insurance card would reflect the coverage period even then. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I have my car insurance on autopay and pay monthly.  I get a new insurance card every 6 months when I renew my policy.  So the card is dated from December 2021-June 2022.  But a printed card is not proof of coverage. Someone with Tim's driving record is going to have either law enforcement or someone at the courthouse pick up a phone and call to confirm he had coverage the day of the incident and that he currently has coverage.  Or make Tim provide proof he has coverage for the current month.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Maybe he found out that claiming he asked Jesus to take the wheel was not a viable defense.  Nor was claiming that he was more godly than the other driver and therefore had the right of way.

😆😆

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

48 minutes ago, Zella said:

I have no clue. I have never paid monthly, but I would assume the insurance card would reflect the coverage period even then. 

Insurance companies have to notify the DMV when insurance lapses. When a license and registration is run by a cop, the lapse would come up.

• Useful 7
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, Zella said:

My insurance company told me I had 14 days after acquiring my new car to register it with them on my policy, that I would be covered in the interim even if they didn't have the VIN, etc.  I don't know if that's the law in Ohio or what, though.  I also had current, paid up to date auto insurance with them when my previous car got smooshed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

When I lived in CA I was told I had 14 days to register my new car with the insurance company, but I did it right away.  The insurance company emailed me proof of my new insurance immediately.

I wish Tim could afford to go to driving school.  If he is ever going to have an independent life he will need to know how to drive safely.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

When I lived in CA I was told I had 14 days to register my new car with the insurance company, but I did it right away.  The insurance company emailed me proof of my new insurance immediately.

I wish Tim could afford to go to driving school.  If he is ever going to have an independent life he will need to know how to drive safely.

Yes, even though I called right away they assured me I was covered and emailed me a temporary card. Even with the mess of them dropping my husband's car, they told us we were covered and not to worry. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

As others have stated, usually the BMV/DMV would be notified and the registration invalidated once the grace period had ended which would be noted both in the accident report and in traffic court (you have to show proof of valid insurance in both interactions and they have the ability to look up the info in real time).  He would have been issued an additional charge for driving without insurance if that had happened. 

BTW if anyone goes looking in the state crash reporting database, the accident report there does indicate the name of his insurance company and that they verified the validity of the insurance at the time the citations were issued.  So for all the family's sins, I don't think driving without insurance was one of them.

Unsurprisingly since the previous accident resulted in "disabling damage," the car that was involved in the most recent incident appears to be a new-to-them junker.  So new it didn't even have non-temp plates when the incident occurred.  I wonder where they grifted it from and if they still have it.  The title history is odd on it in the last 2 months.

• Useful 6
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Tim can’t drive so he should definitely not fly a plane either. Ride a horse to work buddy.

Now why would you want to do that to a poor horse? We don't even know how Tim's Blue "Healer" is doing. The boy needs a bicycle. It's the cheapest to fix or replace, and doesn't need gas, hay, or insurance.

Of course, the overnight trip to the family reunion in Texas or wherever Jill can grift a place will be a problem on a bike (think about the "fairy" ride!), but God makes miracles happen for the Rodriguii 'cuz Jilly insists.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Now why would you want to do that to a poor horse? We don't even know how Tim's Blue "Healer" is doing. The boy needs a bicycle. It's the cheapest to fix or replace, and doesn't need gas, hay, or insurance.

Of course, the overnight trip to the family reunion in Texas or wherever Jill can grift a place will be a problem on a bike (think about the "fairy" ride!), but God makes miracles happen for the Rodriguii 'cuz Jilly insists.  

For some reason I pictured Tim riding GWE to work 

I need help lol

Why did I ever hear about the Rodrigues family ?

• LOL 5
20 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

It's hard to think of what kind of normal job Jill could have. If she has a license, I suppose she could set up a beauty shop in the corner of the print shop, but she'd have fees, inspections, and pesky tax reporting to do. She'd also have to deal with women who might lose their sweetness after seeing what she does to their hair and eyebrows. 

What I think is the saddest.. NONE of those kids seem to have interests or hobbies = Only what BME tells them.  Just Very Sad.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, Boston said:

What I think is the saddest.. NONE of those kids seem to have interests or hobbies = Only what BME tells them.  Just Very Sad.

The earrings that (and Kaylee) and Renee make are just pathetic. That idea definitely came from BME.

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The earrings that (and Kaylee) and Renee make are just pathetic. That idea definitely came from BME.

It doesn’t take much to get a decent product out. Emma Johnston (7 Little Johnstons) and her sister, Anna, have been making jewelry for a few years now, and advertising on IG. Emma (16) has some cute earrings for Valentine’s Day and my gosh are they a thousand times better than the Rod Bots crap. While I do feel bad for the Rodlets’ lot in life it’s not a good idea to buy their products. A toddler can do better. BME and GWE should be preparing their litter to earn their money not grift it like their parents. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Maybe he found out that claiming he asked Jesus to take the wheel was not a viable defense.  Nor was claiming that he was more godly than the other driver and therefore had the right of way.

We laugh, but I legitimately had a woman argue with the bank because she was charged a fee for not having homeowners insurance. She claimed that she had prayed on it and therefore her house was covered by God. She escalated it through supervisors for months saying that God was insuring her house and she wasn't going to pay any penalties.

• LOL 6
39 minutes ago, P2C2E said:

We laugh, but I legitimately had a woman argue with the bank because she was charged a fee for not having homeowners insurance. She claimed that she had prayed on it and therefore her house was covered by God. She escalated it through supervisors for months saying that God was insuring her house and she wasn't going to pay any penalties.

At times like this I regret we can only use one emoji.  I want to use laugh, cry and surprise. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The sad thing is that they could go to JoAnne or Hobby Lobby or Michael's and find cheap jewelry making kits that are meant for 6 year olds to make earrings that are many times nicer than the poorly made stuff they produce.

It is kinda weird that they don't just shop around on Pinterest or EBay and check out the competition and realize that their products are just not good enough.  Presumably, BME doesn't allow them to surf the 'net.

My bipolar brother won't get a COVID vaccine because Jesus told him he didn't need it.  I told him Jesus told me he did; but he didn't buy it.

I wonder if the woman thought that God was going to write her a check if the house burned down, or how God's insurance works.  St. Joseph was a carpenter and so was Jesus; maybe they could get together a crew and do the repairs?

Edited by Rootbeer
  • LOL 16
  • Love 7
On 1/25/2022 at 7:11 AM, ginger90 said:

Was this the one where he traveled outside of his lane? What would his defense have been?

On 1/25/2022 at 9:23 AM, galaxygirl76 said:

'Have you met my mom?' 

Just when you think it's safe to take a big sip of coffee while reading this thread.......😳😂

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Of course, the overnight trip to the family reunion in Texas or wherever Jill can grift a place will be a problem on a bike

Poor Timmy will wind up with flat tires.

• LOL 5
On 1/20/2022 at 4:32 AM, Temperance said:

David and Priscilla Waller welcomed their 6th child yesterday January 19, 2022. It's a girl named Deborah Joy! Video on youtube, just go to youtube and type in David and Priscilla Waller. She is their smallest baby 7lbs 5ounces. Both mom and baby seem all right.

They are still alternating- Boy/Girl ? I think so.... their kids are cute. I think Priscilla may have more kids than Esther (she just got married later or I would put her as the next Michelle/Kelly).

***Edited to name the correct sister. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Doesn't Esther have... twelve? Thirteen? I don't think Pris is going to beat that considering her age/ spacing.

I do think she'll beat Anna!

Unless TFDW goes to prison. 

• LOL 7