Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I'm thinking at least a couple/few/many politicians, clergy, CEOs, MDs, therapists, managers, supervisors, business owners, etc, throughout the country, are related to some disgusting type of criminals. And Kevin Bacon is likely related to them all.

I get CORIed every other year. Not once have they ever asked about my husband or kids, never mind inlaws, nor should they.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Did Nathan join an established church, or start one on his own? 

I'm sure it's the latter former or Jilly would have been spouting praises for his greatness in starting a church.

Edited by Jeeves
Yikes - wrote it all wrong at first!
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

I'm sure it's the latter, or Jilly would have been spouting praises for his greatness in starting a church.

If that’s the case, I hope they have saved a bunch of money, because Nathan won’t be bringing it any time soon with a newly established church.

• Love 3

The 'Newborn in a Dump Truck' professional photos were popular when Philip was born. I'm sure it was Priscilla's idea to copy it, unless David was the one trolling Pinterest for ideas.

BiaD01.jpg

BiaD02.jpg

• Useful 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

If that’s the case, I hope they have saved a bunch of money, because Nathan won’t be bringing it any time soon with a newly established church.

Oops! @MargeGunderson - I should have said "former," not latter. My bad.

I think it's an established church. Although it seems that those IFB churches don't tend to have huge congregations, so who knows how much Nathan will be paid.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
Just now, Nysha said:

The 'Newborn in a Dump Truck' professional photos were popular when Philip was born. I'm sure it was Priscilla's idea to copy it, unless David was the one trolling Pinterest for ideas.

BiaD01.jpg

BiaD02.jpg

Thank you. What a contrast -  a great example of "why pay someone to take the baby pictures, when we have iPhones and can do it ourselves?"

What I find disturbing, is that they *chose* to publicize a photo of the infant crying and looking very red-faced, uncomfortable, and unhappy. (The one in @GeeGolly's post on the prior page, is worse than the one above.) 

Do fundie parents get so used to screaming babies, what with the blanket training and all, that they don't even realize that's not a good look to put out in public? I remember that years ago Jill Dillard did a similar thing with a photo of Izzy, fully dressed and wearing shoes, wrapped up in a quilt like a burrito, red-faced, and crying hard. I think she said it was "swaddling," but IMO that wasn't swaddling. I hope she's moved on from that particular tone-deafness; certainly Izzy's looked more relaxed and happy in photos in recent years.

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

What I find disturbing, is that they *chose* to publicize a photo of the infant crying and looking very red-faced, uncomfortable, and unhappy. (The one in @GeeGolly's post on the prior page, is worse than the one above.) 

My thoughts, exactly.  To post a picture of a newborn baby who truly looks distressed, dressed up and put in a too small truck.  So much wrong.

Edited by wilsie
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

He was a youth pastor at one point. So, I’m wondering if he has the same title, or if he’s actually THE pastor.

jill was so clever telling someone to pm for the location - but seriously she showed the church name and sign - it is not that hard to find a match. in jill's pics it shows a small building behind the church. I wonder if that is their new home, the one where Jill and the not nuries trashed the kitchen with their makeover.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Jill got herself a new church to grift at 😂. I doubt Nathan will get paid much. Nurie might be selling Plexus for $ at this point. The congregation will be SEVERELY begged for $.

Hmm wondering where will Nathan get hundreds of $ several times a year to treat Jill and company. Poor guy even bought the Rodrigues xmas tree. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill got herself a new church to grift at 😂. I doubt Nathan will get paid much. Nurie might be selling Plexus for $ at this point. The congregation will be SEVERELY begged for $.

Hmm wondering where will Nathan get hundreds of $ several times a year to treat Jill and company. Poor guy even bought the Rodrigues xmas tree. 

If Nathan's income has dropped, as it probably has, "And Jonathan" might be Jill's new hope, depending on what kind of job he has once he moves to Ohio. Jill claims he has a job and an apartment lined up, but he seems to be in Mississippi still, and there's no wedding date we know of. Poor Jill may be headed into a shopping and Olive Garden dry spell. 

Nurie will be selling Plexus for sure, and Nathan's congregation will be pressured to buy. However, the stuff is expensive, so how much these congregation members can afford remains to be seen. 

The interesting thing is that Nurie's church ladies are probably selling MLM stuff themselves, so will Nurthan be pressured into buying junk they don't need and can't afford? I'm not sure how that works. 

• Love 11

Why are MLMs/pyramid schemes acceptable forms of “work” for women in these groups? Is it because you can work out of your home? Because if that’s the case, that’s what plenty of women have been doing for the past two years. I’m sure Jill could make a lot more money with an actual work from home job. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

jill was so clever telling someone to pm for the location - but seriously she showed the church name and sign - it is not that hard to find a match. in jill's pics it shows a small building behind the church. I wonder if that is their new home, the one where Jill and the not nuries trashed the kitchen with their makeover.

Shades of Jessa thinking she’s so clever in not giving the name of Bin’s church. Both morons. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

The big draw is that the women can make their own hours/schedule and fit it in around taking care of the kids and house. And, since it’s not a 9-5 office job, they can maintain the facade that they just do this to pay for little “extras” (usually for the kids) rather than admitting that their family needs two incomes. 

I really wonder how much Jill is making in profit, not much if she is like 99% of people in a MLM.

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

The big draw is that the women can make their own hours/schedule and fit it in around taking care of the kids and house. And, since it’s not a 9-5 office job, they can maintain the facade that they just do this to pay for little “extras” (usually for the kids) rather than admitting that their family needs two incomes. 

I really wonder how much Jill is making in profit, not much if she is like 99% of people in a MLM.

There are a lot more WFH jobs out there now, even some with more flexible schedules. But I doubt many “homeschooled “ fundies have even the most basic skills needed. Certainly Jill does not. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

JillR brags that the Plexus she buys for herself count as part of her sales which indicates to me that her “gold” or whatever status she claims she’s at doesn’t mean much. I’d be surprised if her actual net earnings were more than $1,000 per year.

• Love 11
Just now, ozziemom said:

JillR brags that the Plexus she buys for herself count as part of her sales which indicates to me that her “gold” or whatever status she claims she’s at doesn’t mean much. I’d be surprised if her actual net earnings were more than $1,000 per year.

And even lower because of all the self employment taxes 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
On 1/21/2022 at 10:37 PM, sagittarius sue said:

I think he'd look much cuter and smile more if he were in a cute pair of comfy jammies.  That look I feel is much better for a child of at least 2 or 3.

He  is very cute..  but he in that outfit he looks like he's going to is accounting job.. oh, wait.. Job - nope.

• LOL 13
5 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

It seems to me that Nurie is as thin as she ever was, possibly negating the theory that the kids in the family are being starved. 

Pictures of Nurie next to Jana make it obvious Nurie at least was not starved.  She towers over Jana and isn't much if any thinner than Jana.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Guess Jonathan hasn’t proposed yet. Is he waiting for Valentine’s Day? BME already got an outfit for herself. Kaykay can wear her usual polyester rags.

I picture the not Nuries pushing BME in a wheelchair for the special proposal. 

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Some kind poster on reddit did the math and yeah it's not pretty. 

• Useful 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Zella said:

I still find myself going about my day and randomly being ambushed by my mind's eye with that image of him and those pants. I just--I don't understand why I am punished this way. 

Join the club. Does anyone have that screenshot? I don’t have it!

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Zella said:

I still find myself going about my day and randomly being ambushed by my mind's eye with that image of him and those pants. I just--I don't understand why I am punished this way. 

I can’t forget that he adjusted his body in that chair… the chair made a LOUD protesting noise

How he doesn’t suffocate Jilldo during their lotion time is beyond me. Maybe that’s why she is so deranged (brain damage from David crushing her)

• LOL 6

It's hard to think of what kind of normal job Jill could have. If she has a license, I suppose she could set up a beauty shop in the corner of the print shop, but she'd have fees, inspections, and pesky tax reporting to do. She'd also have to deal with women who might lose their sweetness after seeing what she does to their hair and eyebrows. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

It's hard to think of what kind of normal job Jill could have. If she has a license, I suppose she could set up a beauty shop in the corner of the print shop, but she'd have fees, inspections, and pesky tax reporting to do. She'd also have to deal with women who might lose their sweetness after seeing what she does to their hair and eyebrows. 

According to the company's own numbers, 99.5% of its 'Ambassadors' make under $30,000 a year.  That's around what the typical McDonald's employee pulls in.

• Useful 6
4 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

According to the company's own numbers, 99.5% of its 'Ambassadors' make under $30,000 a year.  That's around what the typical McDonald's employee pulls in.

You want plexus with your fries? 

-Jill working at Burger King to pay off her back taxes 

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 8
4 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Apparently Timbits tried to plead not guilty to his latest fender bender, and a bench trial was scheduled for this Friday. I think he found out how much a lawyer costs because he subsequently pled guilty and paid his fines. 

Was this the one where he traveled outside of his lane? What would his defense have been?

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Apparently Timbits tried to plead not guilty to his latest fender bender, and a bench trial was scheduled for this Friday. I think he found out how much a lawyer costs because he subsequently pled guilty and paid his fines. 

Ma and Pa Grifter didn’t want to pay for a lawyer!

• Love 4