Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

I'm assuming there is music on the original post but if the header is correct, that's a hilarious choice.

It’s a reel, so that’s the music playing, with the lyrics “I don’t know what you heard about me” as she waves then puts on sunglasses. 

263BE23E-977E-4BEE-8DC1-F93064D8EE27.jpeg

• LOL 1
On 1/6/2022 at 1:27 PM, iwantcookies said:

Comments for David working post.

8D10BA3E-1C8C-4A1F-B1FB-17B7C7F50261.jpeg

A46CC06D-5A35-4A98-A0C9-86ACC559F79E.jpeg

Barndo field trip!!

23 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Didn’t Jill claim they turned down a tv show offer? 

Jill claims a lot of things. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

It’s a reel, so that’s the music playing, with the lyrics “I don’t know what you heard about me” as she waves then puts on sunglasses. 

263BE23E-977E-4BEE-8DC1-F93064D8EE27.jpeg

She's mocking KJ, who has taken quite an interest in Laura during her deep dive into the IBLP.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 1/6/2022 at 6:32 PM, SJC said:

Testimony in caring for your husband ?!
Oh...my.....

Maybe GWE had Covid and BME testified at church about how she risked her own life to take care of him while he was sick? 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

Maybe GWE had Covid and BME testified at church about how she risked her own life to take care of him while he was sick? 🤷🏼‍♀️

GWE preached at Covid Baptist last Sunday, so he was well enough to stand up and spew hate for an hour.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
56 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She's mocking KJ, who has taken quite an interest in Laura during her deep dive into the IBLP.

I get mocking KJ, but Laura is incredibly secretive about even very basic parts of her life, so someone digging isn’t surprising to me. What does she do for a living, what schools did she attend, what state does she even live IN? There is something very off about her.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

So JillR has posted on Instagram that we can go watch the whole Barndo renovation process over on YouTube. Anyone willing to take one for the teams and go watch? 

Since I’m stuck in bed recovering from the ‘rona, I’ll take one for the team. Back in 40.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Okay, so I’m 2 minutes into this Rodriguii fuckery and I have a few observations:

1. Jill’s editing SUCKS!

2. Intro is a brief shot of trusses being installed followed by cheesy music, blurry pics of BME & GWE, pics of them caterwauling at COVIB Baptists across America, the solo shots if each kid.

3. I’m just gonna say it…Timbuts looks psycho. Not Lifetime movie psycho, but Oxygen or Investigative Discovery level psycho.

4. Gabriel has gotten quite tall and is still the best looking son. 

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
Excuse the typos. The hot toddy had kicked in by then.
  • Useful 12
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

A few more observations and some screen shots.

1. The Amish subbed out parts of the construction (sound was low so I missed some details) but the exterior construction seemed solid.

2. I don’t think I have ever seen horizontal framing on an exterior wall. I suppose that’s just Amish construction. 

3. The extension is tacked onto the rear of the barndo. 

4.I snagged a shot of the infamous staircase.

5. Last pic is a worker giving Jill the stink eye before she proclaims she wouldn’t walk on the wet concrete. I’m positive she made a nuisance of herself throughout construction. 

5019F8DA-3F34-42D8-8797-9249F4EA2B90.jpeg

91DBB6E0-6408-4B29-B5C9-E1E2918F4695.jpeg

4013A981-EA20-4EE5-9999-B7A7427A81A7.jpeg

CE279200-1B9E-4FBC-BC77-7D17FC93DF39.jpeg

7456FAA5-7DE9-4F79-A57F-FA0F82CA9C8C.jpeg

5E9B6EDE-FBE1-41C2-B3D6-7D79C428DF18.thumb.jpeg.957306fddefadbfc3ccabefedce793dc.jpeg

ETA: Jill keeps referring to the Amish as “Amishmen”

• Useful 7
  • LOL 7

Okay, round three. 
1. The Amish did the exterior and GWE and the sons did the interior. 

2. BME and GWE exploited Nathan for free labor.

3. They insulated the family room but it probably isn’t sufficient based on the size of the wall cavities.

4. Same old shots from before. Renee (or Kaylee) must have mixed the pint with her hands to have her hands coated in paint.

5. Who the hell paints and mixes joint compound or ceiling texture in the same room?  The compound didn’t even look dry where they were painting.

6. Jill is such a tacky idiot! She put accent rugs (clashing styles btw) in the storage area!

7. All that construction “expertise” 🙄and not a saw horse to be found.

8. Jill decorated the patio in mid construction. 

9. There is so much tacky shit from Kirklands and Hobby Lobby stuffed into that house.  There’s also at least 2 electric fireplaces so yeah, it’s probably not well insulated at all. Perhaps she should have put more money into energy efficiency and less into “decor”.

10.  I can’t believe I made it to the end. I’m petty as hell so I gave it a thumbs down. 

D9AA3F16-3A72-420E-8452-86507FC45FE0.jpeg

DDC858B8-49CE-48BB-A87C-60D892D24A6A.jpeg

7CF26823-411B-47CC-BE06-E4E80EFBE410.jpeg

05676913-1579-485A-86A7-BEA8179F4310.jpeg

6EE5E9F8-67A7-4E8F-AA65-C5FE799DBF78.jpeg

D7B80311-919A-4029-B710-92009AA1C101.jpeg

491B1C3B-8347-4C14-850B-8AEBFE727C67.jpeg

• Useful 9
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Since I’m stuck in bed recovering from the ‘rona, I’ll take one for the team. Back in 40.

Thanks for your sacrifice, hopefully there wasn’t too much of JillR’s screeching going on. Sounds about what I expected but that’s 40 minutes you saved me. Hope you feel better soon. Have you considered some Plexus, lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

There’s an angel and a little frame that appears to say “You are my sunshine” ON TOP OF THE TOILET. Tacky, tacky, tacky. 

And a cross! If there is one place I would not put a cross up, its on top of the toilet! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I will never understand the propensity to slap crosses everywhere in their homes. And decorating the toilet with anything seems a bit beyond- my grandmother put extra toilet paper there, which of course was covered with a crocheted cat. In pink. But useful at least.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 13
  • Love 5

Thank you @Ijustwantsomechips. Your contribution is very much appreciated! 

1 hour ago, Triple P said:

A window was covered when the addition was built. Did the boys' bedroom or the girls' bedroom lose a natural light source?

The window lost in construction was from the boys' bedroom. The room has a window or two on the side, so the boy waifs are not totally in the dark, even though they might appear to be sometimes. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Thank you @Ijustwantsomechips. Your contribution is very much appreciated! 

The window lost in construction was from the boys' bedroom. The room has a window or two on the side, so the boy waifs are not totally in the dark, even though they might appear to be sometimes. 

They've been in the dark, figuratively, since birth.  Glad to hear they're not in the dark literally.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Imagine ... JillR could have a living room closer to this. A room where one could actually think straight without internally screaming, squirrel. 

image.thumb.png.744f68bf863aa6953b56ece19ac98cc2.png

She would probably say that is bland and boring not understanding it is soothing and relaxing. 

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I wouldn't want to live in what looks to me like a doctor's waiting room either.  I wouldn't want to live in Jill's disaster either.  

If I had to pick one or the other, I'd pick waiting room. JillR's mess scrambles my brain.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Imagine ... JillR could have a living room closer to this. A room where one could actually think straight without internally screaming, squirrel. 

image.thumb.png.744f68bf863aa6953b56ece19ac98cc2.png

Not enough “things”. She’s all about  things. They  even get closeups in her videos.

Things……

• LOL 7