Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Are there any other kidults from families we discuss here who have gone mainstream?

We don't discuss them much here because they've got their own show, but there are several of the oldest Plath kids who have stepped outside the box at least a little.  The oldest son drinks beer, listens to secular music and has a wife who has a career.  They are separated, too, though that's nothing to brag about.  After 2 years of marriage, they've had no children and it seems to be planned that way.  The wife comes from a strict fundie background, too.  They do go to church, though, while his parents did their own services at home since no regular church was good enough.  

The next two kids, a boy and a girl, moved out of the house to live on their own; mainly because Mama Plath is nuts and extremely controlling.  The daughter never met a pair of booty shorts or a midriff top that she wouldn't wear and she piles on the makeup including false eyelashes and red lipstick like there's no tomorrow. Like all good fundie families, they used to have a family band to play and sing Christian music.  This daughter wants to be a professional singer and is now writing and singing her own secular songs and playing at (gasp!) bars and such.  Unfortunately, her songs and her voice really aren't good enough for her to make a living at it, I think.  Her brother that lives with her is the guy we discussed a couple days ago who is a model.  Both of these kids are also dating like regular people do; refusing the strict courtship rules that the parents set for them.

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

My grandson refers to us as grandma and papa.  For several years he was calling his other grandfather grandma Joe!  I think he's over that now~

Eta:  I just looked at MeMe's photos with Nemo.  She looks so possessive--It's a good thing that breastfeeding will allow Nurie to hold her son every so often!

Anyone else think JRod is just a little bit jealous that it's a boy?  Aside from the fact that Nurie got pregnant right away after marriage while JRod is finally perimenopausal and barren; Jill has 'only' 4 sons out of 13 kids and the last 6 have all been girls.  Looking at Jills' blog over the years, most of which is not there anymore, I recall her being kinda sad when she found out that the last couple were girls and made it pretty clear that she had been hoping for a boy.  Now, that darned Nurie who didn't even wait until Mama was pregnant to get knocked up, has a baby boy right off the bat while JIll hasn't had a baby boy since Gabriel 15 years ago.  I expect Jill is seething just a little on the inside while posing with Nurie's little blessing.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Jill’s pics with the baby are mostly her gazing into the camera with the baby as just an accessory. She is SO obsessed with herself!

I noticed that, too. In most of my favorite photos taken with my grandkids, the child and I are having a "moment," not mugging for the camera.

4 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

When I was a kid it was grandma and grandpa - not sure what's wrong with that. (other than the ethnic thing with is fine)

I don't recall anyone saying there's anything "wrong" with grandma and grandpa. Perhaps you could explain what's wrong with some families choosing names that they prefer.

My daughter suggested we revive my childhood nickname and let that be my grandma name. I absolutely love it, and so far the grands like it.  

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Severe knee injury

severely tore 

😂

jill is faking because did she go to a doctor? And if she was that injured she would not went to visit Nurie and Nemo.

She got a knee brace from somewhere. I suppose she could have picked it up from CVS or something.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

0842BAD1-1ACD-4AC8-A635-027CB5A6F728.jpeg

I sure as hell hope she isn’t expecting Nurie to help her walk, bathe and dress and to serve her, considering Nurie gave birth just a few days ago.  Oh, who am I kidding.  She’s probably reclining on a couch with the baby with Nurie and Nathan wait on her hand and foot.  And sees absolutely nothing wrong with it.  What a SEVERELY horrible person.

• Love 9

Even in her own post she said she was going to Florida to “help” Nurie. Sounds like she never intended to be of actual help, she was just there to be blessed MeMe (kudos to whoever posted that first) and to take photos.  She really is despicable. So while Shrek drove her to Florida, all the Rodlets were back at the Barndo? Must be nice to leave all those little kids behind with Renee and NotNurie. 

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Even in her own post she said she was going to Florida to “help” Nurie. Sounds like she never intended to be of actual help, she was just there to be blessed MeMe (kudos to whoever posted that first) and to take photos.  She really is despicable. So while Shrek drove her to Florida, all the Rodlets were back at the Barndo? Must be nice to leave all those little kids behind with Renee and NotNurie. 

Several of the girls accompanied Jill. They were seen in the church video. So, Jill has plenty of Not Nuries to wait on her. And maybe Help Nurie if they have a spare moment. 🙄

• Useful 3
On 10/13/2021 at 3:40 PM, Stacey1014 said:

Maybe they can use Noel and Noelle if they have boy/girl twins. 

I have two great grandsons who are two years apart, named Noah and Noel. It's so confusing for me... Does their mom have no imagination?!😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

She clearly doesn’t understand that her swollen feet and toes are NOT a sign of good health 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

123637BB-4DB7-40E3-B738-BF805DD07C98.jpeg

She needs to get that toe ring off at least until the swelling goes down. 
A few years ago I "SEVERELY" sprained my ankle - to the point both the ER doctor and the x-ray tech told me it looked like I "blew that ankle out."  Luckily it was my left foot because I had to drive myself to the hospital.  Walk into the hospital and then a couple of days letter I had to drive myself to the doctor (normally I wouldn't have done any of that but I wasn't sure if I hadn't broken it).  No HUNK to drive me around.  And then I had to return to work.  
But I'm sure that Jill is sitting around on the couch holding the baby while Nurie is having to wait on her.  Jill should have stayed home and told Nurie "I'll be there when the next N is born. I would just be in the way right now." But we know Jill has to be the center of attention.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

A2A64116-A46B-4552-A24D-D56C92F7D5D2.png

Help in quotation marks..... she got that right. 

Baby making days are probably behind her, she fell, she got hurt and she is a grandmother. Jill, you are getting old! 

7 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

0842BAD1-1ACD-4AC8-A635-027CB5A6F728.jpeg

A million things? What eat? 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 12
5 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

She clearly doesn’t understand that her swollen feet and toes are NOT a sign of good health 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

That toe ring is strangling her poor toe! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I can’t tell if she’s getting in the van or out of the van. Must be very “severe” if she could easily get from the front to the back, or the back to the front. I’m assuming these were taken in the same trip. I could be wrong, of course. That would be some painful weight bearing going on.

A42E25A3-1C08-4B4F-B8AA-96E876046910.jpeg

B5155155-4938-430D-8484-501BFE0976D5.jpeg

This is all performative for Jill. She wants to race down to Florida to be best grandma ever, but doesn’t want to do any of the work. Did she hurt herself? Maybe. But why is she forcing Rodlets to take multiple photos of her being helped into a van? Then taking photos of her CVS knee brace and her swollen foot and posting these all to social media? And the long ode to the ogre detailing all he had to do for her because of her severe injury. It’s like she’s trying to show evidence that justifies sitting on her butt for however long in Florida instead of actually helping a very new and likely exhausted mother. If she was actually employed, you’d think she was building a workmen’s comp claim. Instead, Nurie will likely be serving Jill while Jill props her feet up and takes photos with the baby for Instagram. She didn’t specify how long she’s staying so I’m sure she can grift a few restaurant meals out of Nathan before she leaves.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

If she doesn't take that damn toe ring off right now her toe will be SEVERELY amputated.

• LOL 11
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

If she doesn't take that damn toe ring off right now her toe will be SEVERELY amputated.

And then she can hold a funeral for her toe, complete with gifts for Jill! 

Turns out I was right about Jill's injury being from falling down the new stairs. I dispute Jill's claim that Hunk drove her down to FL because he loves her so. It's probably more like he was sick of catering to her every whim and it was worth it to him to get her out of his hair and dump her on the Nurthans. Poor Nurie! When she should be bonding with her baby, she's catering to giant baby Jill instead. And who knows how long Jill will stay?!

• Love 22
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

That toe ring is strangling her poor toe! 

I thought that's what that was - are toe rings morally acceptable in Jill's world?  They seem a tad too heathenistic for the severely modest Jill...unless she wants unwanted male attention directed at her toes? (blergh)

And how would she know that Hunka Junk's "true love" is not like the "junk" in Hollywood unless she's watched some movies?  Is that allowed?  Or does she watch movies so she has something else to harp on?

I cannot fathom anything more exhausting than Nurie's post-partum recovery, learning how to navigate a newborn, and having an injured mother plop her derriere in their small living space while shrieking for Nurie to "hand me the baby!  Hand the baby to me!  Get me my phone while you're up - and a glass of Plexus!  But first give me that babyyyyyyyyy!"  

Many brand-new mothers are too exhausted to set boundaries.  I hope Nathan is stepping in.

• Love 15
17 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Turns out I was right about Jill's injury being from falling down the new stairs. I dispute Jill's claim that Hunk drove her down to FL because he loves her so. It's probably more like he was sick of catering to her every whim and it was worth it to him to get her out of his hair and dump her on the Nurthans. Poor Nurie! When she should be bonding with her baby, she's catering to giant baby Jill instead. And who knows how long Jill will stay?!

But . . but . . . but - this is JILL's first grandchild! She HAS to be there for the birth and all the photo opps!! 

Did Jill keep a couple of the not-Nuries with her in FL to do her fetching and carrying? As much as I hate that those girls have to do all that work at their mother's demand, in this case it would lift a burden from Nurie and Nathan. 

I'm no fan of the Kellers, but I'm savoring a mental picture of Ma Keller being quietly helpful to Nurie and Nathan while Jill sits with her leg elevated and her nose in her phone, only lifting her head to shriek for the baby to be brought to her for snuggles and selfies. 

I wonder how many micro-seconds Jill spent entertaining the idea that given her SEVERE injuries, she'd be a burden to Nurie and Nathan and as much as she'd love to be there when the baby was born it would be a bad idea to go. Probably zero. IMO Jill's all about Jill, and it was never "Should I go down to FL in this condition because it would make things harder for Nurie?" but always "How am I going to manage to get to FL and stay awhile with this SEVERE injury?"

• Love 12
9 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVCEtlCtYKoMf4OpHFIGuhhwmLODv0kM7RRhAU0/?utm_medium=copy_link

you’ve got to read this! Jill fell off their staircase and that’s how she hurt her leg!

And she knows that it’s SEVERELY torn, even though she hasn’t seen a doctor yet.  She went to FL, knowing that she would have to be waited on hand and foot.  There are no words to describe this batshit crazy moron.  SMDH

• Love 20
8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Several of the girls accompanied Jill. They were seen in the church video. So, Jill has plenty of Not Nuries to wait on her. And maybe Help Nurie if they have a spare moment. 🙄

Maybe the Not Nuries went back to Ohio with David.  I can’t imagine being cooped up in a small camper with that many Rods.  I would SEVERELY lose my mind.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

And the staircase that she has been so proud of!

Pride goes before a fall.  Severely.

Crazy8s and I -two minds with a single thought.

Edited by sheshark
  • LOL 9
  • Love 7

I am actually surprised she didn't go with it was "an attack from satan" to try and stop her from witnessing the birth of her first grandchild.

Since she removed the post about the event in Alabama next week, I will surmise her severe knee injury will keep her at Nurie's for a while. They weren't scheduled to perform/shriek/preach at the event anyway.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

I have chronic heat edema. Nothing wrong with my thyroid, my heart, or any of my other innards, but if it’s hot or I’m standing for a long period of time, or if I’m seated at a bar stool, my feet swell. I think Jill is milking this. She may have “fallen,” but I don’t believe she tore anything or is even slightly injured. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I have chronic heat edema. Nothing wrong with my thyroid, my heart, or any of my other innards, but if it’s hot or I’m standing for a long period of time, or if I’m seated at a bar stool, my feet swell. I think Jill is milking this. She may have “fallen,” but I don’t believe she tore anything or is even slightly injured. 

Judging by the pictures of those stairs in the addition, she was more likely to suffer a head injury falling on those steps than a knee and ankle injury.  I also tend to retain water on certain days of the month plus heat, and her ankle looks like mine on those days.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I know this is  how Jill showed up. I do this as a joke every time I meet a new baby in the family. One of my favorite movies of all time. 

53 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Well, when you think you’re above all, you’re bound to fall. Nose in the air, boom!

She probably tripped over that voluminous denim skirt and ill-fitting flip flops. On stairs that’s a recipe for disaster.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

They aren't a good sign, but are a normal result of a grade 2 or grade 3 sprained ankle.  One leg and foot is obviously more swollen than the other.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4