Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, charmed1 said:

LOL Jill and Kim Plath are friends. Two self-centered nut jobs feeding off each other like the Joker and the Penguin. I do wonder if Jill looks down on the Plaths considering Kim is Barry’s *gasp* second wife! Ethan Plath said Jill tried to set him up for marriage with Nurie. Micah said his parents only allowed them to associate with families like Jill’s (he didn’t name her specifically) but he now enjoys being able to go out and make his own friends of different backgrounds. I know Nurie and Hosanna Plath are “friends,” but I wonder if any of the other Rodlets could get an SOS message to the Plathlets for rescue. Even pious 1992 time warp Lydia Plath can at least wear jeans and keep her own eyebrows.

Hosanna (what a name!) has also distanced herself from the Plath parents, at least by marriage.  She lives with her husband and baby someplace in Ohio.  She has only appeared on the reality show in the background at her brother's wedding.  One of the kids, I think it was Micah, said they see her a couple times a year since she married.  So, not nearly as often as Nurie and Nathan see the Rodriguii.

Hosanna and her husband are professional musicians, playing Christian music and seemingly having some success at it.  They've appeared at a lot of major Christian music venues.  She plays the violin, far better than any Rodlet and her husband plays piano quite well and sings.  She was offered a scholarship to study music when she finished homeschooling but her mother, who considers herself to be the best music teacher ever, pitched a fit and she didn't go, instead marrying to get away.  She and her husband are still conservative Christians, but very private, their only online presence is a site for their musical careers.  Family members have said that, besides living so far away, it is also her choice not to be part of the reality TV circus.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

So, they announced the name. The pastor DID spill the beans; baby is Nehemiah David. They are going to stick with an N theme. Good luck with that (and don't use my name).

i wonder if he did actually spill the beans. possibly the baby name was common knowledge to everyone in their small church congregation and only jilly would have considered it "spilling the beans" because she needs to create faux suspense for content and draw folks to watch the silly fb live things.

the only real question for me is was she wearing a ruffled bed jacket for the live thing 😂

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

i wonder if he did actually spill the beans. possibly the baby name was common knowledge to everyone in their small church congregation and only jilly would have considered it "spilling the beans" because she needs to create faux suspense for content and draw folks to watch the silly fb live things.

the only real question for me is was she wearing a ruffled bed jacket for the live thing 😂

If she wasn't, it was only because she is saving it for sexy times with Hunky Chunky Hubby.

I think the baby's name was probably not a secret amongst their church friends and it was Jill's need for constant online attention that lead to the big non-announcement.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, skipnjump said:

Kind of funny that Nurie is holding her belly in every shot. I guess she was worried about the baby falling out

When you’re that far along, it really does feel like you need to hold the baby in. It’s the only time the belly grabbing makes sense.  😂😂

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I don’t think they will call him Miah/Maya. Hem/Hemmy or Neh ? Can’t think of a nickname.

For future MY precious grandsons:

Nathan Jr

Noah

Nicholas/Nico

Nigel

Niles 

Nolan

NEMO 

Nimrod

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from the video:

4E398BFF-621D-4B63-9253-CF2F8CB1EDC3.jpeg

Let the poor girl rest!

• Love 8
14 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

So, they announced the name. The pastor DID spill the beans; baby is Nehemiah David. They are going to stick with an N theme. Good luck with that (and don't use my name).

Nincompoop. . . You can apply that to just about anyone in this story.

13 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

I like the idea of Nehi (like the soda) for a diminuitive.

Radar and his grape Nehi would approve.

Edited by LilJen
Soda is not the same as a leader of India. Thanks, autocorrect.
  • LOL 16

I would claim victory on my N name theme prediction, but it seems sort of hollow. 

4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I was looking over boys names.... Norbert, Newt, Nero, Neptune, Nimrod...... there are some few good ones like Nicholas and Noah but they better hope not to have too many boys. 

I like the one-two punch of Nimrod and Nebuchadnezzar for future boys. 🙃

• LOL 13
Just now, sagittarius sue said:

21 minutes ago, Zella said:

I would claim victory on my N name theme prediction, but it seems sort of hollow. 

I like the one-two punch of Nimrod and Nebuchadnezzar for future boys. 🙃

Roddy and Nezzy Keller would be cute names.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I was looking over boys names.... Norbert, Newt, Nero, Neptune, Nimrod...... there are some few good ones like Nicholas and Noah but they better hope not to have too many boys. 

HaHa, my husband's name is Norbert!  He was born in Germany, where, even there, I don't think it's too popular.

YouTube has the adorable Norbert dog videos and I believe there's a cartoon character named Norbert.

N

• Love 8
1 hour ago, LilJen said:

Nincompoop. . . You can apply that to just about anyone in this story.

Radar and his grape Nehru would approve.

Radar drank grape Nehi soda.  I'm not sure if Nehi is still made, but it used to be popular.

• Love 6

I like Nemo as a nickname for Nehemiah.

My suggestions for future boys names are Nathanael or Nethaniah as an honor name for Nathan, Nazareth, and Noadiah They'll probably end up with a Noyes just to shut Jill up, but according to BabyNames.com Noy is a Hebrew name meaning 'beauty', so that would be an appropriate nickname.

For girls there is Noya either as a nickname for Noyes or a replacement, Naomi, Nava, and Nissa. Nuri is also listed as a Hebrew name meaning 'my fire' or they could use Nurit (flower) as an honor name for Nurie.

I hope they at least space their children more like Anna and Priscilla than like Jill.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, louannems said:

HaHa, my husband's name is Norbert!  He was born in Germany, where, even there, I don't think it's too popular.

YouTube has the adorable Norbert dog videos and I believe there's a cartoon character named Norbert.

N

I've only heard the name Norbert once.  It was on an episode of Roseanne.  Their friend Ziggy's given name was Norbert.

I guessed Norman, although that sounds nerdy to me.  My MIL had a cat named Nebuchadnezzar, and he was called Ned, naturally.  Neptune sounds like something from the 70's.  

• LOL 7
4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I don’t think they will call him Miah/Maya. Hem/Hemmy or Neh ? Can’t think of a nickname.

For future MY precious grandsons:

Nathan Jr

Noah

Nicholas/Nico

Nigel

Niles 

Nolan

NEMO 

We called my cousin Nehemiah “Miah” as a nickname before he passed. We call his daughter , also named Nehemiah, “Miah” too. Come to think of it, he had another son with the same name…don’t ask!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I know we've talked about Josh and Anna going with a letter theme to emulate Boob and Michelle, but when you think about it the letter themes are surprisingly prevalent in the Keller household as well. Anna with the M theme, Priscilla using P for the boys and D for the girls, and now Nathan with an N theme.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I know we've talked about Josh and Anna going with a letter theme to emulate Boob and Michelle, but when you think about it the letter themes are surprisingly prevalent in the Keller household as well. Anna with the M theme, Priscilla using P for the boys and D for the girls, and now Nathan with an N theme.

Rebekah's daughters also have a theme. Only Esther doesn't have a letter theme, although her kids all have either biblical or virtue names. 

eta Forgot about Suze. Whether by design or not, she has two N kids.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1