Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Now radio silence from Josie Bates. Josie posts a lot and even posted during the time she miscarried. I wonder if she's the next Bates to be hit with covid. She has travelled as much, if not more than Carlin. I wouldn't be surprised if every single Bates was hit.

Its a shocker that the Duggars, Kellers, Caldwells and JRods haven't gotten sick. Or maybe they're just keeping it on the down low.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Now radio silence from Josie Bates. Josie posts a lot and even posted during the time she miscarried. I wonder if she's the next Bates to be hit with covid. She has travelled as much, if not more than Carlin. I wouldn't be surprised if every single Bates was hit.

Its a shocker that the Duggars, Kellers, Caldwells and JRods haven't gotten sick. Or maybe they're just keeping it on the down low.

She posted on November 1st. And she had an "I voted" photo posted in her stories on election day.  They may all be lying low because they are disappointed in recent news.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

With her thriving Plexus empire you'd think she'd use every shelf to hold samples and supplies. The baskets are sagging. But, no. No space in the Rod abode is complete without tacky dust collectors for the servant girls to clean. 

The baskets are not just sagging, they are too big for the shelves they're on.  Trying to remove something from one of them without the entire basket toppling  to the floor is going to be a chore.  Brushing by them when walking past would also cause them to come tumbling down, too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
11 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

The baskets are not just sagging, they are too big for the shelves they're on.  Trying to remove something from one of them without the entire basket toppling  to the floor is going to be a chore.  Brushing by them when walking past would also cause them to come tumbling down, too.

Tim probably made the case from the "free skids" left at the barndo after the massive print job. That's fine. It would have been better if he had doubled the sides to make the shelves deeper. Almost-professional carpenter David should have known this since he knows everything. The best they can do now is put a very stiff bottom support in each basket and hope for the best. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

The poor dog can get crushed to death.

19 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

While the Rods don't have it (yet), Jill's mom does and their former pastor from West Virginia (Kevan Bartlett) does. Jill's parents still go to that church I believe. He was in the ICU, there was an outbreak at their WV church of at least 27 people. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Tim probably made the case from the "free skids" left at the barndo after the massive print job. That's fine. It would have been better if he had doubled the sides to make the shelves deeper. Almost-professional carpenter David should have known this since he knows everything. The best they can do now is put a very stiff bottom support in each basket and hope for the best. 

Or Jill could have bought baskets that fit the shelf instead of cramming large baskets on a small shelf. I'm pretty sure I would end up having a panic attack in their house b/c of all the intentional clutter.

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Or Jill could have bought baskets that fit the shelf instead of cramming large baskets on a small shelf. I'm pretty sure I would end up having a panic attack in their house b/c of all the intentional clutter.

I just assumed the baskets were part of Tim's birthday gift to very special mama. She could have bought them herself but why would she spend money if someone else will? 

Think what that place will look like in five years at the rate Jill is cramming stuff in. Of course, the Rods may be on the run again by then. 

• Love 9

Well, a child crushed by Plexus-filled baskets would draw a lot of attention and sympathy for Jill (and maybe unwanted attention to the Plexus company), appealing to her endless pit of narcissism. Nurie would absolutely have to come home to console her. SEVERELY quadriplegic sister Amy had better show up with cards and gifts. 

The person least worthy of sympathy in this entire family would demand it all. 

• Love 5

I can picture the Rods being careless as usual,they all come down with Covid,and Jill starts a huge fundraiser for medical bills,as they are all so sick. Wouldn't surprise me at all.I just hope the malnourished kids would be ok

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

Looks like the Rods are on the road again, maybe heading to Florida for Thanksgiving? Or just randomly saving sinners?

So they are going to Florida for Thanksgiving - which isn’t for another 2 weeks - where Nathan/Nurie and the Kellers will be expected to host all of them, i.e. pay for all of their food and entertainment. Nice grift if you can get it (and lack anything resembling shame).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Did you watch the video? I still haven’t recovered.

Yeah, I watched a little of it. 😖 She has a political post that has 4800+ views.  I can’t believe she has that many people looking at her IG account. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I can’t believe she has that many people looking at her IG account. 

Considering how much Jill's content is shared around fundie snark sites, I would guess a good chunk of that is people hate-watching. I shudder at the ones who watch her stuff unironically. 

• Love 20
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Did you watch the video? I still haven’t recovered.

I couldn’t watch after the first few moments, JillR’s voice is awful. Maybe after a glass of wine later, lol. I wonder if the Smuggar clan will be in Florida for Thanksgiving too. That would make JillR’s day.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I couldn’t watch after the first few moments, JillR’s voice is awful. Maybe after a glass of wine later, lol. I wonder if the Smuggar clan will be in Florida for Thanksgiving too. That would make JillR’s day.

As soon as Jill announced she was heading for Florida for Thanksgiving, Anna and her family probably suddenly realized they would not be able to make it down. 🙃

Or that's what I would do. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Sorry, wine will not help. I got through maybe the first few minutes of it while drinking a glass of wine. It did not help. I watched it just until she had New Golden Boy Phillip say something. I did a hard no and watched something else.

• LOL 8
3 minutes ago, kaleidoscope said:

Thank you to everyone who posts Instagram news.  It is appreciated.  I don't have Instagram.

I don't either.  But I still go to Jill's instagram account.  I open to a new tab; then I can read or watch the video to my heart's content!

3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Can y't see the stories if you don't have an IG account? I thought I heard you couldn't.

I can only see them on my phone. Granted I am not an avid IG user at all and only use it to lurk about on fundies and true crime stuff--my feed is creepy as fuck, by the way--but when I go to their profiles on a web browser, I can't see stories, despite being logged in. I can see them on the phone app. I would be shocked if you could see stories if you weren't logged in, but maybe I'm wrong. 

Edited by Zella