Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

The food is probably enough for Jill, Shrek and Janessa. Jill will tell all y’all unwashed heathens that the older children, especially the girls, were voluntarily fasting.  But don’t worry - there’s enough pineapple for everybody to have a bite. 

Edited by Ocean Chick
  • Love 3

Please tell me that wasn’t toothpaste and a toothbrush that little one just pulled out of the bag 🙁. It looks they did their gift shopping at CVS and used zero creativity.

I’m not knocking being on a limited budget, it’s the lack of effort. Those poor kids. I don’t even celebrate Christmas and I want to take those kids out and get them some real presents. 

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

pictures 3 and 4.... why is all of her food burnt?   And is that ALL there is for all those people???

So, she opened a package of Pillsbury biscuits and a couple cans of corn served straight from the pot?  How festive!  Looks like she baked a single pack of dinner rolls which contains 8.  Tim wasn't there, so for 14 of them, they each got about half a roll.  When my brother was a teen, he could eat 4 of them with his dinner no problem.  And, of course, two cans of corn would feed maybe 8 or so.  Except that several of the kids here are preteen and teen boys and they could undoubtedly down a couple cans of corn all by themselves.

I presume that burnt hunk of meat in the oily black puddle is ham.  Once again, there is maybe about half as much as most of us would serve to that many people.

Just think, Jill is posing with this icky looking food because she's proud of the wonderful Christmas feast she prepared.  If this is JRod's idea of a special meal, can you imagine what their regular meals must look like?

Also, since each of the kids seems to be posing with a single gift, is that all they got?  Stuffed animals are cute and all, but not really that much fun to play with.  When I was a kid, they always ended up in the closet while we played with the real toys.  Those little girls would get more use out of toy dishes or blocks or even coloring books.  I suppose they can just turn the bears over to Mama once the picture are taken.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

The food is probably enough for Jill, Chimpy and Janessa. Jill will tell all y’all unwashed heathens that the older children, especially the girls, were voluntarily fasting.  But don’t worry - there’s enough pineapple for everybody to have a bite. 

It does look as though there might be enough of whatever that cheese-covered substance in the three pans is (potatoes?) for everyone to have a spoonful or two. And possibly half a biscuit each as long as Jill and Shrek don't get a whole one. I have no idea what's in the other bowl...Corn, maybe? I'm assuming it's probably a vegetable of some description, but it's not green. But that miserable excuse for a ham doesn't look as though it would cut down to feed more than six or seven people. I mean. weight-wise, a ham that size might seem as though it would feed an army...it probably weighed in at a good nine or ten pounds. But a good proportion of that is bone, and the skin, which is too tough to eat. Then there are the chunks which are mostly fat (though, who knows...Shrek may actually like them), not to mention the salt solution which they are always injected with, which cooks out...And it looks as though there are a few bits which are a bit too charred to eat. So, OK. when push comes to shove, it might be possible to hack off a small serving of ham per person. Or thereabouts. But that's hardly a celebratory meal!

17 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Also, since each of the kids seems to be posing with a single gift, is that all they got? 

Gritted teeth daughter appears to have gotten... two blankets? The one boy looks like he got a journal. Whoever that is in the back is holding a box of Swiss Miss (though she appears to have gotten something else, too; her brother's head is blocking it). The middle girls seem to have made out the best in terms of stuff they can actually do things with (slime, a book on hand lettering, Shopkins, and there appears to be additional stuff in the bags).

In the first picture of the food, there appears to be additional biscuits resting on the stovetop. So they might actually get one each, if they're lucky.

• Love 3

It does appeR that each child got one (measly) present. Too bad they didn’t get games they could share. My two year old niece got a cute pink grocery cart with toy food and a play kitchen plus some interactive toys. Now those were good presents! 

• Love 5
Just now, dargosmydaddy said:

Gritted teeth daughter appears to have gotten... two blankets? The one boy looks like he got a journal. Whoever that is in the back is holding a box of Swiss Miss (though she appears to have gotten something else, too; her brother's head is blocking it). The middle girls seem to have made out the best in terms of stuff they can actually do things with (slime, a book on hand lettering, Shopkins, and there appears to be additional stuff in the bags).

In the first picture of the food, there appears to be additional biscuits resting on the stovetop. So they might actually get one each, if they're lucky.

The number of gifts they got, I can't actually gripe at. My parents never believed in getting me more than one gift for birthdays or Christmas, even though I was an only child. It never hurt me. And since the Rods have so many, buying each kid more than one, even of very modest presents, would run into more money than they probably have. Well, unless they grifted them.

• Love 8

I've seen more food than that served to two adults and two little girls (my family of origin, if we weren't visiting family and didn't have family visiting). And I was a picky eater who wouldn't eat some of the side dishes. 

Want to bet that next year, or the next food holiday, someone gives the Rodriguii a gift card to Honey Baked Ham for ham and all the trimmings, just so the kids get a decent meal? 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Looks like she took those pictures down, that’s why they aren’t showing now.

I didn't see the photos, but from the sound of it there wasn't enough food to go around. She probably took them down due to negative comments. After the JRods' recent visit from DCF, it makes me wonder if JillR even knows what a proper meal is, if she's posting barely-there meals.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I didn't see the photos, but from the sound of it there wasn't enough food to go around. She probably took them down due to negative comments. After the JRods' recent visit from DCF, it makes me wonder if JillR even knows what a proper meal is, if she's posting barely-there meals.

It really does make me wonder what she genuinely feels is an appropriate amount of food for a growing child. She seemed, in the photos, to be presenting this Christmas dinner as a feast, as if it was something significantly more bounteous than the average meal. If that's really the case, they really must get little over a couple of mouthfuls per meal on a regular basis. That is, when they are not "fasting". Maybe that's why they all fast so readily - it makes them that much more Godly with little actual difference in the amount of food they consume.

And as far as Jill is concerned, she probably subscribes to the philosophy of "you can't be too thin". Her kids probably look slim and willowy in her eyes rather than gaunt and malnourished. 

I do wonder, as well, how she justifies what must be a very significant discrepancy in the amount of food Shrek is allowed vs her kids. Even if his metabolism has really slowed down over the years, he's got to be eating the lions' share of food in the house to maintain his bulk. Does he just demand it as headship? Does Jill wait on him like a true handmaid, catering to his every whim even if she feels he could afford to give up some of his food to the children? Are the kids just so cowed that they are literally afraid to ask for a second helping, but rather grant it to him as a weird form of sacrifice? And their parents basically reward them for it? 

I'd love to be a fly on the wall. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Oh, I'm annoyed I didn't get to see the starvation-level portions of food Jill doled out to those kids!

I'm guessing that she and Shrek eat what they want of the food before the kids get their Oliver-Twist-level rations because the two of them sure look like they haven't missed taking their 10 turns at the buffet line. While Jill certainly isn't at peak Shrek-level weight, she should be as similarly emaciated as her offspring if they're all eating the same amount. 

All of the Rod kids at Christmas dinner:

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Looks like she took those pictures down, that’s why they aren’t showing now.

She can remove pics from SM all day long.  All they did was verify what we already knew:  Every one of those children are malnourished.  The only one who isn’t is Janessa, and that’s probably because she’s still being breastfed.  Plus a starving baby cries nonstop until its tummy is full, and I’m sure the bitch doesn’t want to listen to that.  She can spout the line of bullshit about the kids having the skinny genes until the Rapture.  The fact is that those fucking parents aren’t feeding their children.  I’d bet every penny I have that those poor children go to bed hungry every damn night.  I’m so angry that my head may explode.  This is all I’ve thought about ever since I saw those pictures.  Bitch and Lardass deserve to rot in hell.

• Love 10

Even on a limited budget you can do better than that. Dollar Tree has actual name brand toys these days and even the little off brand toys are pretty nice. She could have gotten them all about $5 worth of items from the Dollar Tree and then gone to Five Below and got them all one much nicer gift (they have really good stuff: clothes, shoes, makeup, games, toys, speakers...the list goes on). So you're talking about $10 per child for a really nice Christmas. She just doesn't care. That baby had a plastic harmonica and a toothbrush/toothpaste set. I was JUST in dollar tree and they had the little dollies that are like rag doll type things. Smdh, Jill is reprehensible. 

Edited by Tasya
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Kbo said:

Please tell me that wasn’t toothpaste and a toothbrush that little one just pulled out of the bag 🙁. It looks they did their gift shopping at CVS and used zero creativity.

I’m not knocking being on a limited budget, it’s the lack of effort. Those poor kids. I don’t even celebrate Christmas and I want to take those kids out and get them some real presents. 

I think it was 🙁 

On 12/26/2019 at 3:46 AM, Temperance said:

I agree with everyone else that this baby will probably be Peter, but they're running out of P names for boys. Then again I was surprised by Destiny instead of Deborah so maybe they'll surprise us. 

I went to the blog to see the announcement. The only thing worth noting is they name-dropped Josh Duggar. I could think of few ways to phrase Josh and Anna without printing his first and last name. They didn't even mention Anna is Priscilla's sister. Yes most people reading the blog would know Anna and Priscilla are sisters, but then they would also know Josh and Anna without a last name or Priscilla's sister Anna and her husband, etc. 

I had the name Phineas stuck in my head. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Tasya said:

Even on a limited budget you can do better than that. Dollar Tree has actual name brand toys these days and even the little off brand toys are pretty nice. She could have gotten them all about $5 worth of items from the Dollar Tree and then gone to Five Below and got them all one much nicer gift (they have really good stuff: clothes, shoes, makeup, games, toys, speakers...the list goes on). So you're talking about $10 per child for a really nice Christmas. She just doesn't care. That baby had a plastic harmonica and a toothbrush/toothpaste set. I was JUST in dollar tree and they had the little dollies that are like rag doll type things. Smdh, Jill is reprehensible. 

I get they don't have a lot of money but they could have done better at the dollar store. Like you said, they have dolls. The one by me has puzzles and games.... toothpaste is not a Christmas toy. Its what you get for a good dental visit or if you are a kid like tooth brushes. I could even see with an older child an electric one, but this? And a cheapo plastic harmonica that probably barely works? 

As for the biscuits, we are three adults in my house and if I make an 8 pack we might have one or two left. 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Tasya said:

We got so much stuff for our kid at Five Below, they have really great things for low prices. They had board games which they all could enjoy, coloring supplies, etc. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

We got so much stuff for our kid at Five Below, they have really great things for low prices. They had board games which they all could enjoy, coloring supplies, etc. 

that is another great gift idea for a small child, activity/coloring books. The dollar store by me even has Biblical themed ones. 

• Love 5

ca0a1755-2d5a-4b5d-9108-699b8309d5a5.thumb.png.46fc4637237b0ce5ab3b1b22da0d345e.png

Found the picture on a snark blog. It it looked like Jill just picked up random gifts at Walmart and the 99 cent store. I wouldn't be surprised if she has the kids put together all their savings to buy her an extravagant gift.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Lunera said:

ca0a1755-2d5a-4b5d-9108-699b8309d5a5.thumb.png.46fc4637237b0ce5ab3b1b22da0d345e.png

Found the picture on a snark blog. It it looked like Jill just picked up random gifts at Walmart and the 99 cent store. I wouldn't be surprised if she has the kids put together all their savings to buy her an extravagant gift.

THAT HAM THO 

giphy.gif

Just now, crazy8s said:

how old is the rodrigues boy who got a gillette shaving kit? (in front of whichever girl with the swiss miss cocoa) wondering if he is past 15 and the build a bear bday.

Did a kid get cocoa as a gift?

2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Did a kid get cocoa as a gift?

apparently yes from the pics one of the not nuries got two blankets and the other a box of swiss miss cocoa and some gift blocked by the boy with the shaving kit

Edited by crazy8s
33 minutes ago, Lunera said:

that is not enough food for all of them! 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

apparently yes from the pics one of the not nuries got two blankets and the other a box of swiss miss cocoa and some gift blocked by the boy with the shaving kit

I'm starting to think they picked all this up last minute at a gas station.

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • LOL 1
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I've seen cocoa given as a gift, but it's usually in a beautiful reusable jar, with a bag of marshmallows, a personal mug and maybe some candy canes. Usually at an office party or cookie exchange.

Yes, not just a box of Swiss Miss. I did think that maybe hot chocolate is a rare thing in their house and maybe is a favorite of that child (I don't know their names that well), so as a treat she got her own box. Still, as you said they could have gotten a nice gift packed one. 

1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

JillR added two more pictures. Part of the post says:

Christmas time is a time for good food, (not ONLY the meal I cooked, but a TON of snacks and pies 😋😁 YUM!)

Sure Jill. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I think those 3 pans are full of tater tot casserole.

To me, they look more like just chunks of roasted (or maybe just boiled, who knows?) potatoes with American cheese melted on top. Tater tot casserole would look positively decadent in comparison!

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Has this link been shared yet? It's titled Nathan Keller and Nurie Rodrigues Engagement, but the first couple of minutes are scripted facts about the Jesus loving Rods. And then, as Nurie gets engaged she screams, precariously puts on the ring over a body of water and looks at her mom - yes, her mom and not the man she's marrying.

4 minutes in and I need to quit.

• LOL 4
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

JillR added two more pictures. Part of the post says:

Christmas time is a time for good food, (not ONLY the meal I cooked, but a TON of snacks and pies 😋😁 YUM!)

If there were pies--and I don't think there were--I'd like to know how badly burned those motherfuckers were, to match the rest of that "meal."

I'm looking forward to the bizarre blog post Jill is no doubt working on as we speak to defend their Christmas and harp on persecution.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

Ever notice how many times JillR has to mention food in her posts? She knows her kids don't eat, so it's like she's trying to lie to us about it. Or she's lying to herself. Really disturbing.

• Love 13

Couldn't Jill have fixed green beans instead of corn (or in addition to)? That's one starchy yellow meal. I suppose it doesn't matter for those who get only a couple of bites of it anyway because she didn't cook enough.

What did she dump on that ham? It's pooled at the bottom of the pan and burned on the meat.  

Yes. Whose house is that? Jill said they were on the road in the RV (pathetic Christmas sprig post), waiting to get into their new house. Suddenly, she has a house to cook in.

Pies? We know whose pie hole any pies would go into. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1